A comprehensive suite of tools

Bewertet am 12.8.2019
Owner, Digital Marketing Consultant

Kommentare: Overall, G Suite is exactly what you need. For everything you need that it doesn't have, G Suite can likely integrate with it. I have tried Microsoft and Zoho, and G Suite easily comes out on top in terms of seamless interaction and overall functionality.

Vorteile: - G Suite brings in nearly everything you need to run an efficient company's documents. Sheets, Docs, Drawings, Storage, Email.
- All the tools work together seamlessly.
- Products are always being upgraded and they are all so widely used, there is practically no learning curve to onboard a new employee or contractor.
- Support is fast and professional. If Google has not yet documented a question in their comprehensive Q/A, then their support staff will help you straight away.
- The tools included are the best of the best. Sheets and Docs make collaboration very efficient when compared to their Microsoft counterparts.
- Managing users, permission, and multiple accounts is an absolute breeze. G Suite makes this extremely simple and straightforward.
- G Suite has an excellent integration and extensibility system, and even a marketplace of apps. This means that for any tool not already included with G Suite (such as a CRM or Document Signing), it can be integrated and added onto your license with ease.

Nachteile: - The cost per user does feel a bit high when compared to other suite products (like Microsoft of Zoho).
- There has yet to have an encryption feature added to the basic G Suite which I feel is essential for most (if not all) corporate suite offerings.
- While the products included are great, they are also just the basic products required to effectively run a business. This can be a pro and a con at the same time, but a more robust suite offering would help compare G Suite with its more robust competitors (Microsoft and Zoho).

A full feature office suite, wherever you are

Bewertet am 24.7.2019
Senior Consultant - Technology Strategy & Architecture
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, G-Suite is a great tool for productivity and collaboration. The pros far outweigh the cons.

Vorteile: -Cloud based: Can use in the office or remote. Works on multiple devices and syncs seamlessly
-Ease of use: Most apps are initiative and feel familiar, especially if you've used the Microsoft Office suite in the past.
-Scalability: Allows a company to grow their team with ease.
-Google ecosystem - great if you already have a gmail account, Android, or any other Google products.
-Versatile: G-Suite can replace multiple applications. Office Suite and file storage, just to name a couple.

Nachteile: Slow load times: I'm often surprised how long the "Working..." text lingers before everything loads. You'd think Google's servers would be powerful enough to load documents and spreadsheets nearly instant. I've noticed this issue on multiple devices. Desire to convert. I wish G-Suite did a better job of viewing Microsoft files nativity. You can technically view them I always feel the need to convert to a G-Suite file to get the most use. And then I'm stuck with 2 file types. Not great for transferring documents to a Microsoft user back and forth. There could be improvement here.

Advanced, easy, intuitive and simple set of collaboration and business tools

Bewertet am 23.7.2019
Head of IT Department
Tiefbau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great suite for collaboration, office work and simple document management...

Vorteile: It is great cross platform set of tools that easily orchestrate variety of business activities. Not that it is only e-mail service, it is way too more. Great integration with calendar, notes, Google keep and many other services helps a with organizing our team, as well as having most of our documents and important data on the go, with our mobile phones, no matter of the brand or even mobile OS.

Nachteile: Whenever you have any kind of problem, you have really good knowledge base, but it is almost impossible to get in touch with live person to discuss specific problems. Everything is automatized, maybe even more than it should be.

Our business thrives on G Suite

Bewertet am 13.7.2019
Alexander V.
Director of Operations

Kommentare: Regardless of some relatively minor setbacks, G Suite has made it easier for us to operate all aspects of our digital marketing agency. I recommend it to any business professional.

Vorteile: I've always appreciated the next-gen instant-sync capabilities of Google's whole suite of apps, especially Drive and Gmail, and G Suite brings all that convenience to a business level. Not only do we get a Gmail attached to our own custom domain name (better for business purposes), but G Suite's unlimited Drive storage allows us to easily manage most of our marketing agency's operations all in one convenient place - we have our own space for business assets, and we can access vital documents wherever we go, whether it's for internal operations or client work. A real life-saver! It's also insane, the value for money Google provides in terms of business web apps & services for every need. The best part? The customer support is excellent. We get an instant support hotline with Google and can get our questions answered whenever we want. The rules surrounding a G Suite account upgrade were a bit confusing, but a quick phone conversation cleared up everything and we were up & running with our upgraded plan within a half-hour.

Nachteile: 1. G Suite has so many different features, it can be confusing to navigate the way through what exactly is what, and some of the help docs aren't the most transparent about how to use certain features. With that being said, their great support team is at our service to clear the confusion around anything. 2. Google has had a few Google Cloud downtimes over the past half-year, each causing G Suite & Google Drive services to stop fully working for a few consecutive hours - along with numerous other websites that rely on Google (including Vimeo and CloudFlare). Since our entire business thrives on G Suite and Google Cloud-based apps, this critically affected our ability to perform work as usual. Naturally Google is one of the biggest tech companies in the world and they maintain world-class standards for the reliability of their servers, but they've had an increasing number of downtimes, so prepare for the unexpected and be sure to have a copy of your work elsewhere for when you can't use it. I recommend installing the Google Backup & Sync desktop app to keep hard copies of your Drive files on your computer. It's not that the files get lost, it's that the downtimes have prevented us from accessing some of them. It happens with everybody. Amazon's servers got overloaded on Prime Day. Facebook and its related apps (Instagram, Messenger & WhatsApp) have had several downtimes this year too. Downtimes can be a big con, but they do happen so you have to be ready for them.

Complete business solution that goes way beyond email

Bewertet am 13.7.2019
Tess Y.
Digital marketing manager
Verlagswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We run the whole business on G Suite.

Vorteile: Our business has been using Gmail for years. Once we needed a more enterprise-level solution for our emails, we simply grabbed the G Suite subscription. Now we have all our needs covered - from messaging to document storage, calendar, and collaboration tools - all within one productivity suite. We highly value having all our tools in one place in the cloud, knowing that the data is safe and backed up. Also, it is accessible from any device from everywhere. The Docs and Sheets allowed us to drop the Microsoft Office tools completely as the documents can be accessed offline. We can effortlessly share all our documents between team members and contractors. Multiple users can work on the same document at the same time and files are shared easily. As a bonus, we get plenty of cloud storage with the G Suite subscription that is more data space than we can possibly use.

Nachteile: The apps have fewer features than Microsoft Office. This is is both good and bad though, the apps are simple to use but lacking advanced formatting and some functions.
The output files are not 100% compatible with Office.
The pricing is very fair on the lower plans but costs add up quickly on the Enterprise plan.

Need lot of improvements.............

Bewertet am 28.5.2019
Analyst
Staatsverwaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been extremely dissatisfied and disappointed with G-Suite support and the professionalism of the staff. I was advised to use G-Suite by my web designer who spoke very highly of the offerings provided by it. I was originally satisfied and impressed by G-Suite but the last 6 months have left me totally dissatisfied. Over the past six months, emails that my company send using G-Suite go into people’s spams folders. This has happened with longstanding contacts and new ones. Even after they list us as an approved sender (which we already were), the emails continue to go into spam. G-Suite supports claimed it was a DNS, DMARC issue. I had this changed as per instructions. When the issue persisted I contacted G-Suite support and they again claimed it was all DNS and DMARC. I pointed out that we had done that and they claimed it wasn’t correct. I spoke with another G-Suite support personnel and they claimed that it was done right. Two different answers about the same issue by G-Suite support. I pointed out that we are doing Google Adwords and have spent a considerable amount on it and people who respond to our ad with a Gmail email are not getting our response. I was then told that it was a Gmail issue and I would need to contact a Gmail support forum, I did and was told that no it is G-Suite issue.

Vorteile: G Suite offers a wide variety of office and productivity-related solutions, all under one account and can have your domain as the end point URL.

Nachteile: I have been incredibly disappointed and disillusioned with G-Suite support and the polished methodology of the staff. I was encouraged to utilize G-Suite by my website specialist who talked in all respects profoundly of the contributions given by it. I was initially fulfilled and awed by G-Suite yet the most recent a half year have left me completely disappointed. I discovered it somewhat hard to import my telephone contacts to the Gmail application utilizing programmed match up. I just physically enter them, which for my situation, is really valuable as I'm ready to alter immaterial contacts and pertinent contacts.

Doesn't get easier

Bewertet am 27.5.2019
Rob C.
Co-founder

Kommentare: For all the minor complaints above, G Suite was always my first pick for web-based productivity. It makes it easy to stay organized, look professional, and collaborate with my small team so that every moment we spend working counts. I would recommend it to just about anybody.

Vorteile: In my circles, Gmail is the default email client, so opting for G Suite as the system to run a digital marketing business just made sense. It's a near-perfect solution for email, collaborating on documents, cloud storage, and scheduling, with what I'll call the most user-friendly layout of the typical options. I know that by choosing G Suite, I won't have to worry about a lengthy on-boarding process, and that's a big benefit given how little time I have as an entrepreneur to devote to tedium.

Nachteile: Little things missing from G Suite make it a near-perfect solution rather than a perfect one. I like that Dropbox can be used as a server. I like that Office 365 includes access to Desktop applications that, frankly, are more capable than what Google offers (though Google's offerings are perfectly fine the majority of the time). Other things, like the half-baked Google Meet, are puzzling for their inclusion and lack of visibility in the suite. I'd wager most users have no idea it's an option, and that might be for the best, as it's not a great choice for hosting conference calls. Hangouts Chat, meanwhile, has gotten plenty of exposure, but lacks basic features like proper integration with regular Hangouts, Group Chat, and other things that users need. Essentially, try to get outside of the basics, and G Suite will let you down.

Cough up the money. It's worth it.

Bewertet am 31.3.2019
Liam S.
Innovation Designer
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our organization has benefitted greatly from our decision to upgrade to the G Suite. There's some training that has to happen in the transition process, but everyone immediately saw the value of being able to have their Google Drive linked to their work email instead of mixed with their personal life. We've not regretted the money we spent on this software.

Vorteile: When our IT administrator asked me to beta test the G Suite for wider use at our organization, it was a no brainer. I didn't need to take two weeks to decide like he asked. I have been benefitting from Google's incredible tools including Gmail, Drive, and others most of my life, and to be able to use them at work is even better. Unfortunately, since Outlook is so entrenched, we couldn't make the full migration over to Gmail, but we use all the rest of the tools in the Suite on a daily basis. If you're setting up a team from scratch, this is the way to go. Make the easy decision and integrate everything from the start so you don't have to fix it later.

Nachteile: The only thing I wish is that we had started on G Suite from the beginning. It was a bit of a headache to migrate over existing accounts to the official organizational account, and some weren't able to transition smoothly. But it was definitely the right move. Otherwise, everyone would still be using their personal Gmail accounts they created back in high school (embarassing!) The price point might be a con, but in my opinion worth every penny. You get the expanded storage space, plus the ability to upgrade everyone to a professional account that matches the professional work you are doing.

The hidden face of G Suite

Bewertet am 19.3.2019
Thomas P.
Chief Operating Officer

Kommentare: Overall we are saving such much time with all the collaboration options that we use it for all of our companies. On top of having the peace of mind that everything is secured and always running.

Vorteile: Yes, I love having all the required basic tools to run my business like emails, calendar, drive storage, docs and everything else. I could talk about all the obvious features everyone knows about G Suite but for me the value of G Suite for business goes beyond that. Considering that running a business in 2019 almost always guaranteed that you will need to have an online presence of some sort, being on G Suite simplify a lot of the processes and required tools access needed to run your business online. Let me explain. When running or starting a business, you need Google My Business Google Analytics, Google Webmaster, Google Ads, YouTube, Google Trends and on and on. Being on G Suite allows you to centralize all of those assets and access under your company to avoid having personal emails owning your assets which can bring issues when trying to linked them all. It also simplify how you manage your employees access to all those assets and platforms. I could even add that there are so many platforms outside of Google cco-system uses Google Single Sign-in option that being on G Suite again simplify the account sign process. Finally the ability to control and protect your company data using G Suite management platform is just awesome, sometime a bit of advanced knowledge is required but nothing that can't be understood in Google's the support section.

Nachteile: Not that much, it's easy to setup , however, it can get a bit complicated for new users to setup advanced features. But again the support section is very detailed.

G Suite Review

Bewertet am 27.1.2019
Gerard B.
Owner/CEO
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: G Suite helps my team to be much more productive than the way they were before implementing G Suite. We can use the Gmail, Calendar, Hangouts, and Google Drive apps to manage the business' contacts lists as well as email campaigns. Gmail helps communication between my team, our existing clients, and potential clients. The Calendar helps my team and me to plan meetings and manage calls. G Drive helps me to organize all of my documents. Maps has been indispensable when planning out the routes for face to face meetings with clients. Every aspect of the G Suite helps my business run efficiently and effectively.

Vorteile: Everything about G Suite has been extremely helpful. It is an absolutely amazing set of apps which can help run any business. I've used Gmail for several years and it is easy and reliable. On top of being easy to use, I've had virtually no problems at all other than forgetting my own password; however, that was quickly resolved. Google Calendar is a calendar app, and in my opinion definitely one of the most useful and comprehensive calendar apps out there. I have been able to organize events by color and have even gone so far as to share my calendar with the others in your G Suite, which has made it extremely easy to schedule meetings and conference calls with my staff. As if that weren't enough, G Suite even has iOS apps that can be used on your iPad and iPhone, which happen to be essential tools in my line of work.

Nachteile: I found it a little difficult to import my phone contacts to the Gmail app using automatic sync. I just manually enter them, which in my case, is actually beneficial as I'm able to edit irrelevant contacts and relevant contacts.

G Suite is great for educators!

Bewertet am 15.1.2019
Russell s P.
Teacher and Consultant
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Extremely positive! Grateful that G Suite was developed!

Vorteile: Long gone are the days when teachers had to make hundreds of copies, keeping filing cabinets full of documents, worry about a dog eating the homework, worry about a computer shutting down and not saving something, and struggle to collaborate with peers. G Suite is an educator's dream come true! Here's why I love it from a teacher's perspective:
- It moves all of your software tools to the cloud, which means I can work on anything (documents, spreadsheets, surveys, etc.) from any device, any time, and anywhere. I don't have to have one desktop, or the same laptop, or any of that. I can simply log in with my credentials and continue working.
- G Suite offers multiple tools that are great for teachers and students. Classroom is a digital space where I can assign and collect assignments. Docs is a phenomenal word processor. Forms builds surveys, questionnaires, or quizzes in minimal time. Sheets can be used for graphing in science/math, etc. And this just scratches the surface. G Suite also offers Sites (a powerful, yet simple website builder) and a host of other great tools. G Suite is so multifaceted and full of awesome tools for the classroom!
- Access to all of these great tools just comes with your Google account. Yes, you are limited by space, and how much cloud storage you or your employer have purchased. But all of these great tools are free with your account.
- It's reliable, perfect for collaboration, and always being updated with great, new features.

Nachteile: My only con (and this isn't really a con, more of a concern) is that your creativity potential is limited by how much cloud storage you have. Everything you create or build uses space - so make sure you have enough. Different than the hard drive era of years ago also is the fact that you will have to continue to pay for this cloud space - you can't just buy a hard drive (one time fee) and store your items with G Suite. Hopefully, though, your district or school system purchases access to this for you as a part of your employment.

G Suite is revolutionizing use of the cloud for business and students everywhere

Bewertet am 14.8.2018
Graduate Student
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Extremely positive experience with G Suite. I use it all the time and the ease at which you can convert from Google format to Microsoft Office format is a huge plus, since many people still only use Office. It has overall saved me tons of time and I think really improved my students learning experience.

Vorteile: Where do I even begin? Well for starters, pretty much the most important things that G Suite can do are free. That is amazing for any student who is strapped for cash. The 2 most important features of G Suite for me are 1) As a scientist, the ability to take experiment notes in Google Docs or make a spreadsheet and share it with my Mentor so that he can keep track of my experiments progress without having to even be in the country. This is good because he travels a lot. And 2) There is an amazing feature on Google Slides where you can give a link to your presentation to anyone in the audience and they can go to the link on their phones or laptops and type out questions that I can then see on my computer!!! This is an invaluable feature when teaching larger classes and students are scared to ask a question and sounding stupid.

Nachteile: The features in all of the Microsoft office-like programs in G Suite are not really close to comparable to the amount and quality of features in the actual Microsoft Office suite (yet). I assume this will get better with time but for example the variety of transitions and animations in Google Slides is much less than PowerPoint. Also, in Microsoft Excel you can basically code programs if you know what you are doing, and this is just not achievable yet with Google Sheets.

All in one

Bewertet am 17.12.2018
Andrés e. B.
Analista sénior
Telekommunikation, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Simplifying tasks, making the process more agile, should be in the mind of any company or entrepreneur. For my luck, I have managed to reach those two premises. Of course! I'm still learning, but that's what life is about. We still have to see in the digital world.

Vorteile: When we talk about Google, I think that the average person thinks about Gmail and yes, it's a great service. However, when we talk about Google, we really refer to a world of tools and functionality that help to solve everything from the simplest, send an email, to a video conference with the top management of an organization or a business partner. In my experience, I believe that G Suite has revolutionized the digital world. What they now call "the new normal" and that every day becomes stronger. Force that is also attributed to us, the users. So important is the use of tools like this, which I've seen, and it's something that Google can search for, as large corporations start their Digital Transformation processes through platforms like this one. Thing that without thinking much, speaks quite well of the G Suite.

Nachteile: Not everything can be perfect and the good thing about that is that we can continue to see how each and every one of the services in the G Suite will be improving and adapting to the demands of us, the users. However, I will insist that platforms like the G Suite, in my opinion, are not as well known as they should be. In many occasions I name services as elementary as Google Docs and people are left looking surprised, but this is not something negative of the platform. Yes for users who have solutions in their pocket and do not know it.

Excellent and practically required suite of tools for individuals and businesses of any size

Bewertet am 27.11.2018
Advisor
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have setup GSuite for my own company and for others. There are other options but GSuite is the best overall option for integration and working with all devices. The administration is fairly logical but not great. It shines in end user implementation due to familiarity and quality infrastructure. The infrastructure is the most reliable and without peer in my experience.

Vorteile: Integration of desktop and cloud with mature tools and pretty much without peer, reliability. Vast array of third party integration and add-ons. High quality mail eliminates SO MANY headaches of running own mail server.

Nachteile: Google support is not great at any level for any product. Frankly they come across as an arrogant company to me that doesn't value individual customers. I also started setting up GSuite for others and did not get credit from the GSuite referral program. The program itself shows the Google arrogance. Instead of what you'd expect from a referral program it is just vague, "trust us" assumptions with very little in the way of tracking your progress (this from the company that specializes in Big Data on an unequaled scale) that you have to go along with or not participate. Google rides the back of small business developers (primarily Adsense) but treats them with indifference and also kills off small business industry and while taking advantage of Open Source surreptitiously eliminates many of the great open source and "free" community based tools and services that the Internet was built on. (Google of course not the only Big company doing this. It is pretty much standard Silicon Valley) Normally I would just move on from any company like this, but Google is like the government of technology. They get their piece of everything and you have to take it. It is just too bad that they choose to be a dictatorship in their unique position, rather than egalitarian.

It's So Easy To Use You Feel Bad For Using It

Bewertet am 16.11.2018
Michelle M.
Internet Marketing Consultant
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Almost every business I have worked with over the last ten years or so has been rooted in Google Suite products, from advertising to basic internal communication. Over the years I've become extremely familiar with Chrome, Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Drive, AdWords, AdSense, scripting automation, Maps, Earth, YouTube, Chromecast, Analytics, Waze, Calendar, Android, Keep, Slides... and I'm pretty sure there are more that ought to be on the list, but the point is there is a Google version of almost everything I need to do. I was an early adopter of Microsoft's original OLE (object linking and embedding) that allowed you to be able to manage your data in one place (the database) and have changes reflected everywhere the data was used - Word Docs, Excel spreadsheets, Project reports and so on. G-Suite is like Office on steroids mixed with a little free 'crack' to keep you coming back - because they keep adding new functionality and it almost never costs the user a dime... as long as you don't mind being the commodity.

Vorteile: There's no getting around the fact that the single most compelling reason to use the Google suite of business apps is that they are free for the average user. Gmail itself is ubiquitous, so no matter what group you work with - room mothers, band members, co-workers, volunteers - anyone with internet access either has, or can easily create, a Gmail address and boom - you're all part of a system that is easy to control. Sharing documents with Google Drive is way better than clogging up someone's email sending them file attachments. You can even share files with people you don't know - got a downloadable product you want to sell and don't have the time or the money to set up a full-fledged store? Include a secure link in a shared Google Drive file in an email or on a web page or even in a receipt. It's so easy you feel like you cheated. Another reason for using the Google Suite of products is that no matter what aspect of the G-Suite you are digging into, there will be a LOT of info out on the internet about how to get the most out of it. YouTube, Adwords scripts, spreadsheet automation, data reporting, maps to your business location, photo management and sharing, translating documents, managing your money, operating a classroom, casting web content to your TV... the list is extensive, and so are the online resources - videos and articles by users abound.

Nachteile: One drawback to using this software is that it's unequivocally connected to YOU. Google Maps knows where you are if you have it installed on a phone. Every single IP address used to access any part of the Google universe is logged. Google code is in everything, all over the place. It's a little big-brother-feeling. That's the trade-off. You get all their software for free, but you give up your anonymity.

The new gold standard

Bewertet am 21.10.2018
Chad W.
Front-End Developer
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: G Suite is a must for the modern business. It's completely backward compatible and platform agnostic, meaning you can give your clients exactly what they need no matter how old their tech is.

Vorteile: G Suite is comprehensive. It includes Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, and more. They are constantly up-to-date and their web apps are practically bulletproof. Docs, Sheets - The features keep rolling out to make this a Microsoft Office killer. Instantly sharable files and amazing versioning keep the world smooth. I'm constantly using Sheets' API integrations to organize and sort data in real time and present to clients. And I love the Docs outline view. Drive - The semi-recent interface update has made Drive so much more usable. Extremely flexible and intuitive.

Nachteile: My biggest complaint about Docs and Sheets is how long they take to start up and load a document. Because there's no native desktop app, these startup times really add up when working with multiple documents. Besides that, I wish Docs had more formatting flexibility so I could create my own heading styles, paragraph styles, etc. I have two Google accounts - one personal and one for work. Google can't ever seem to open documents or files with the right account, even if I have explicit ownership on one. As far as I can tell there's no way to open a folder or file with a specific account either, so I can't bookmark a google drive folder with a certain account to always open with that account. Google admin tools are another pain point. G Admin is leagues better than traditional admin tools, but they are still very slow and get this - the search isn't comprehensive. If you search for @company.com, hoping to find all the email addresses and groups you own for that company, you are out of luck. You will get 0 results. Managing group members is also clunky and slow. It uses a very dated layout and doesn't reliably update its display. I often have to refresh the page to actually see the members I've just added.

The Google Suite is a Game Changer for Businesses

Bewertet am 19.10.2018
Ashley M.
Unternehmensberatung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has been very positive.

Vorteile: The Google suite provided seamless integration and the ability to collaborate in a virtual environment for our entire growing business. We are a virtual company, which allows us to save thousands of dollars per month in rent. One obstacle for many businesses of our size with talent spread across the country is that working together can be difficult when you are spread out in different geographical areas. The G-Suite provides a suite of tools that allow for virtual teamwork without needing to leave the house. The feature-rich suite allows for everything from file storage, to documentation, from spreadsheets and word processing to executive presentation creation. Our company no longer uses the Microsoft Suite. We have replaced it with the Google Suite, and we are so happy that we made the change. It has increased our productivity and provided a more robust, functional working environment across the team and client base. Best of all it is totally scalable and can be integrated seamlessly, designed to grow with your business and your team.

Nachteile: The only thing I didn't like about the Google Suite, is how long it took for me to adopt it in the workplace. If I would have know then what I know now....I would have followed my former employee's suggestion years ago when he recommended we make the switch away from the "tried and true" gold standard of Microsoft. I feared that would be a risky move, and that it would take guys like me too long to get comfortable with the product suite. It was virtually seamless and required no 'learning curve' whatsoever. If you are used to using Google Mail and Calendars, you will require virtually no adjustments.

Great if your business isn't MS Office dependent

Bewertet am 19.10.2018
Director of Human Resources
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: In general, this is a great solution if your company has somewhat tech savvy employees and aren't confused easily by the difference in OS and cross platform functionality, or if your company isn't MS Office centric. G Suite is glitch free and quite powerful with most of the functionality that Office 365 has with much more intuitiveness in daily use and much cheaper. However, it isn't quite as robust in most programs such as Excel Outlook. That said, you can absolutely use both products in unison, but that begs the question of why, because at that point, you are paying for two products instead of one. One company I worked at avoided MS Office 365 and went with the downloaded licenses, and then used G Suite for all cloud storage/syncing and email. We loved it and never really looked back. Also, while MS Office and MS/Sharepoint administrators will swear that Sharepoint is the only way to collab, the truth is, it sucks. What a horrible platform. We used Google Drive to collaborate and it was much easier to get individuals to work on, tell who was editing, and administer logins, rights, etc. I also used this for a small photography startup and it kept costs manageable and allowed me to quickly setup an organized cloud centric business solution with professional email without much hassle. It is also used as the backend on many website development sites like SquareSpace now, so you have seemless transition with website development.

Vorteile: The cost is far better than competitors and everything works together seamlessly as a suite of apps. Even MS Office 365 could learn a few lessons.
It is simply more intuitive and easy to start.
You can easily get to an actual human unlike OneDrive "support".
It syncs better to mobile devices than MS.
You don't need an IT department to administer, setup, and use this product.
Works as the back-end for Squarespace email, etc.

Nachteile: It isn't MS Office based, therefore, if you use a lot of MS Office documents, such as Excel, Word, etc., it converts it to Google Docs when using via web. This makes using the Drive storage not quite as user friendly. You can open it in Office directly to keep functionality, but if you are attempting to open it via web like Office 365, it will be Google Docs based. This isn't a huge problem if you are a company or school that is Chrome OS based, or not terribly dependent on MS Office, but if you are, this may be a non-starter. Some IT departments may also complain. That said, I did work at a mid-sized company (500+ employees) that relied on MS Office a lot, and we still utilized the G Suite for all of our staff. Took a learning curve, but that was it.
Not as robust as Office products, especially Excel and Outlook.

G Suite Review

Bewertet am 29.9.2018
Christian N.
Owner / Instructor
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall, I highly recommend G Suite for any small business (or any sized business really). The only caution I would have is be sure to map out how G Suite use will impact users' Android systems and use of Google Apps on Android. I've encountered difficulties accessing some features on this platform after switching from a general user account to a paid G Suite account.

Vorteile: G Suite has been a tremendous help to my small business. It's integration of professional email, storage, and productivity tools has been a money and time saver, allowing me to quickly create an online presence. The rates for services are a great value, and include a wide array of versatile and useful applications for both technology products and publication/content management products.

Nachteile: The main issue I have with G Suite is more my lack of immediate skill in G Suite administration. This has not impacted many things negatively, but only produced some small annoyances. As a small business owner, I'm both user and administrator. Some settings on the administration side have proven difficult to figure out, even with Google's forums and instructions. This has slightly impacted the ease of use of Google products that I did not previously have any issues with, such as Google Maps. For example, using my professional account purchase through G Suite I've been unable to activate some features of Navigation on my Andriod phone, effectively turning off the ability to save addresses. Every time I've thought I addressed the issue, it reverts to the previous state. Not having customer support to contact has left me a bit frustrated with the professional version vs. the features I'm able to make use of as a private user. However, this is also a bit of a side-effect of me being my own administrator - user error or user inability is almost always the fault of the user - I can own that.

It's Either G Suite, or Microsoft... Just Choose One and Go For It!

Bewertet am 19.7.2018
Contributing Writer
Verlagswesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great integration. It's an entire platform that you can use from your laptop, desktop, phone, tablet, chromebook... anything!

Vorteile: I like the integration with G Suite. It's all integrated: email, Drive (file storage and sharing), Docs (Word), Sheets (Excel), drawing tools, etc. etc. There are a lot of powerful 'web apps' built in to G Suite.

Nachteile: 1) Compatibility with Microsoft formats. We all know that Microsoft Office was king for basically ever. And many companies still use Office. Once in a while, we will send/share a document with a partner and they won't be able to open it (or they are unsure of HOW to open it). Everyone in the world has used Microsoft Office, and there are a few scenarios when we have created a file using G Suite, and our customer/partner can't open it. 2) .PDF compatibility. Where to begin? We all know that Adobe wants to own .pdf files. Everyone uses .pdfs, but you know you need a paid version or subscription of Adobe Acrobat if you want to make any significant edits to a .pdf. There is no built-in pdf editor in G Suite. There are a few 3rd party pdf editors that integrate with G Suite, but none of them are as powerful as Adobe Acrobat, and most of them require a purchase or subscription to get full features. And even then, after paying for a 3rd party 'plugin', you can't make major edits to a PDF file like you can with a paid version of Acrobat. This is half Google's fault and half Adobe. But since PDFs are everywhere, there are certainly times when we can't edit PDFs via G Suite and have to turn to Acrobat. 3) Too simplistic. I think the graphic designers at Google had too much control when designing the apps. Office has more edit and format options. G Suite needs to enable more formatting options while keeping it easy to use and easy to learn.

Everything you need for a dynamic and productive office is in GSuite. It has saved our lives!

Bewertet am 18.7.2018
Carlos L.
Presidente

Kommentare: The software has a lot of potential for those who know how to use it. we make the most of google drive as a digital repository. On the other hand, hangouts is an excellent communication tool.
It is extremely easy to use. It does not require extensive technical training, nor follow tutorials. anyone can adapt quickly. It's as easy to use as a gmail.
the fact that google apps for work offers: Gmail, Hangouts, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Groups... makes it a platform that has all the solutions for a serious and demanding work environment. Enough to start using google apps for work, so that each app adapts to the processes of the office, significantly improving the performance of it.
The implementation and adaptation of google apps for work in my office was extremely easy. The interface of the Google platform is incredibly simple and intuitive to use.
The google customer service is excellent. you can count on your technical team, they are there to help.
Do not hesitate to integrate google apps for work into your work routine. It will make life easier for you as you have no idea.

Vorteile: I sincerely believe that Google GSuite has adapted very well to the needs of my office. The fact that G Suite provides us with a customized domain for our company provides invaluable added value.
Basically google apps for work has all the essential applications to make an office a productive, proactive, dynamic and technological environment.
In our case we make daily use of Gmail, Hangouts, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Groups. Because it allows us to access all the important data at any time and in any place. All apps are synchronized with google drive, so it does not matter if you are at home or traveling, google apps allows you to access all the content that your team handles. It is as if you are continuously immersed in the dynamics of work.
We use Hangouts to communicate in real time. It also allows us to establish videoconferences between several participants, so we can hold a meeting without being all in the same boardroom.
google drive is our digital repository of all the important data that needs to be shared in the easiest and fastest way possible. While Google docs we use it recurrently or it allows us to create documents and edit them in a shared way.
I truly believe that the Google apps for work has solved many inconveniences. It is an extremely useful ally when it comes to working as a team

Nachteile: I really have nothing to object to in terms of google applications. I think they are very well thought out, designed to satisfy even the most particular needs of the client.

Complete seamless office productivity and collaboration.

Bewertet am 25.6.2018
Patrick C.
Digital Content Manager

Kommentare: Ease of use between desktop web browser and android.

Vorteile: G Suite provides an excellent office productivity and collaboration platform for small offices to large organizations. End users will certainly enjoy all of the familiar Google apps they are accustomed to using in their personal lives and system admins will enjoy the advanced configuration and user settings. Three of the best features of G Suite are its seamless workflow, unlimited storage (Business & Enterprise editions only), and its marketplace of available apps/integrations. G Suite makes it easy to work between apps and keep your work saved. Multiple users can work the the same document and previous versions can be restored should something go wrong. Business and Enterprise subscriptions enjoy the benefit of unlimited storage which is a necessity in today's data hungry world, plus, you won't have to suffer from storage anxiety by trying to figure out what to back up locally and what to save in the cloud. Lastly, G Suite has a great marketplace of apps (free and paid) that provide excellent integration with other apps such as Smartsheets, Trello, and many many more making G Suite an even more powerful business tool.

Nachteile: Potential cons of G Suite when compared to other office productivity software such as Office 365 include lack of robust tools/features within apps, the existence of too many similar collaboration apps (meet, chat, hangouts) and the standard gmail viewing pane. While the basic office productivity apps (Docs, Sheets, Slides) probably offer more functionality than 95% of users will need, power users will find a sort of disappointment in the tool/property selections and workflow roadblocks. For example, if you want to insert a basic shape in your doc, drag and size directly in the doc is not possible. Instead you must draw out the shape on a drawing canvas before it can be inserted. Manipulating the properties of that shape afterward also is challenging. The second con of G Suite is the presence of many seemingly similar collaboration apps. There is Meet, Chat, and Hangouts. While they do have differences, they all seem to incorporate elements of video conferencing, screen sharing, document sharing, and quick chat. It would be much simpler for end users to just have one unified communications app. Lastly, a con of G Suite is that the mail app defaults to the standard view of listing emails without a preview. Luckily this can be easily fixed in the settings to incorporation a top or bottom preview pane. You can also use a Labs feature to get that "oh so Outlook" feel of a side preview pane.

I like it, I guess? G-suite is microwaved leftovers; mostly good but very unevenly cooked.

Bewertet am 22.6.2018
Clinical Director, Recruitment Lead, Legislative Advocate

Kommentare: It's the tapioca pudding of enterprise email and scheduling software. I'll buy it because it's on sale and I'll feed it to a friend if they're starving but nobody's walking away totally happy.

Vorteile: My team can access ALL the bare minimum requirements, including: Sending emails! Storing files! Having a calendar with the aesthetic of a 60s soviet bloc housing complex! And even more! Yes literally everything that I ask G Suite to do, so long as its within its core competencies, it manages to not mess up.

Nachteile: Except YouTube, which deleted our company page once. And then demonetized it when we replaced it (our commercials about wheelchair equipment were clearly very risque). And then of course there's the admin interface, which is just pants-on-head ridiculous. It takes so many clicks to get to the most minor of things, and then it won't be QUITE the minor thing that you wanted to click, and God forbid that minor thing was about modifying employee phone permissions for Android or something like that because then that thing is bricked. Google sometimes really awes me with how inconsistent they can be even with their flagship products. I've used G Suite for years now for my business and like I said above: You know what, it's competent. It does this basic little set of stuff really well, and it's really cheap to boot (subsidized of course by scraping our data, I assume). But please Google, step up a few things because three stars is only two stars up from Comcast and I don't want to feel like I have no alternative choice in yet another facet of my business infrastructure. At least if you keep acting bored with your own products then I can keep being bored with them too and not complain too much.

Great suite of apps for creatives and any company looking to create documents collaboratively

Bewertet am 14.6.2018
Mark B.
Proposal Manager
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: gMail is a great lightweight e-mail app, that goes without saying. As a content writer, I also love the ability to share Docs, Sheets, and Slides with customers, and have the ability to work on them at the same time through the Chrome browser. I use Google Drive extensively, and the storage space they offer for my subscription price is great value. So much so that I don't even know how much I have, because I never worry about running out of storage. I've only had to connect with the G Suite support team a couple of times, and they were quite knowledgeable and efficient as far as follow up. The G Suite Marketplace is also great, offering several free add-ons or affordable plug-ins to apps for CRM, word counters, WordPress, and other productivity apps. I've used G Suite and Office 365 simultaneously, and both suites offer great value for desktop or browser-based productivity. I will be continuing to use G Suite for the foreseeable future. I would recommend other small businesses, creatives or even large businesses do so that prefer browser-based applications on Chrome, Firefox or other popular browsers. If your companies run multiple iOS, Android, Windows, and Linux devices, it seems the ideal solution for communication, document creation, and file management.

Nachteile: As a writer, I use Grammarly quite a bit. Unfortunately, G Suite and Grammarly aren't currently compatible. Apparently, that is in the Grammarly roadmap, but it's uncertain when it will be available. I can't really think of any other cons, other than Google Sites is a little clunky, but since I'm not really a web designer and I use WordPress, I don't really worry about it. It would be great to have the option to host a WordPress site instead of using the Google Sites "CMS" I suppose.

Getting the most from Gsuite

Bewertet am 14.6.2018
Luke M.
Entrpenuer
Groߟhandel, Selbstständig
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: Continuous improvements, value added services. Add-ons, Integrations, customizability, scalability, training resources are but a few of the 100's of apps available to G suite users. The more recent Desktop Cloud sync also allows you to treat your google drive folder as any other on your computer. The list goes on and on for the pros. One thing I can say is that if your a small business in need of answers to everything online there will be a tool for you in Gsuite. If you don't know how to code javascript I highly recommend finding some one who does and begin looking at things to automate as all of the GSuite family of products are quite easily added to custom functions using Google internal Javascript Library called Apps Script. Think of everything you do on a computer from a perspective of DRY (Don't Repeat Yourself) when it comes to entering and using your companies data. New customer? add the contact details to Google Sheet and the set up a custom menu which automates any potential work flows for that data. ( like generating shipping labels for samples you want to send )

Nachteile: Connecting with the right product for your particular need can be seem un-intuitive simply because they have so many potential solutions and different angle from which they may be approached it So adopt an attitude of exploration and take some time to see which resources may or man not be helpfull. Don't be afraid to explore the Developer areas for each app and read a few examples as it will undoubtedly impart new ideas and that will open another idea and so on and so on.