The best suite of productivity tools

Bewertet am 16.10.2019
Jorge L.
Marketing Systems Manager
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have managed everything in the Google ecosystem for so long and with so much ease that it took away the worries and problems of mantaining a server and investing in infraestructure for a business with not so many employees, but with productivity software needs too. We can rest assured that Google will work 99,9999% of the time without putting in risk our data and connectivity.

Vorteile: The fact that it's all cloud based is what makes GSuite the perfect solution for businesses of all sizes. Starting with Gmail (everyone's used to this service) and having really competent alternatives to Microsoft Office products makes this a dream. It's also cheap enough and scalable on the pricing side. They've got all covered for sure.

Nachteile: It's hard to find a con on an almost perfect service, but sometimes they take a long time to update the iOS apps with their latest features, something that in Android doesn't happen, of course. Also, the Google Drive app for macOS needs some more work to be up to their standards.

Powerful tool for collaboration - and for nonprofits it is free!

Bewertet am 10.10.2019
Jesse H.
Business Manager
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: G Suite has allowed better real-time communication, company branded emails, and provided lots of integrated software tools that are easy to use, share, and adapt for various projects. The ability to share and edit documents among a large group and in real time has greatly reduced administrative time in managing group projects (e.g. minutes can be taken during a meeting with several people entering information and then instantly shared with all).

Vorteile: I began using G Suite many years ago as the Director of a small foundation. Since we were a 501c3 we got it for free!! Now that I'm in the private sector - I still appreciate knowing that Google supports non-profits in this way. Bonus points! Anyway - back to the product. G Suite allowed me to set up unique email addresses that used our website url ending (rather than gmail) for our staff, board members, or special projects. We were able to create surveys, forms, and other documents and then set the access and privacy as needed for each item. This was a huge game changer for me as an administrator. No more getting 12 various emails and attachments with feedback on a document. All of us can make notes, suggest changes, etc. in real time.

Nachteile: Occasionally I have run into limitations on my ability to do things that are easily accomplished with Microsoft desktop applications or other software providers - like formatting documents, creating word limits in surveys, etc. I've also been unable to access cloud based items on a couple of occasions due to G Suite errors. These were quickly resolved but still inconvenient in those moments.

Brilliant all inclusive Business Solution

Bewertet am 8.10.2019
Nathaly W.
Marketing coordinator
Versorgungsunternehmen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall my experience with Gsuite has been such an adventure.
The structure allows for safety but there is so much within the suite that your imagination is honestly the only limit.
Because there are so many pieces that can be integrated, changed and work together, I do believe that Gsuite has brought out a different way of thinking for me that allows me to think about process, procedures and customer satisfaction and streamlining all in one. I have had so much learning and playing and growing with the suite.

Vorteile: I enjoy that this software has so many integrations and is flexible.
I find that I have a good main structure to work with but that I can add, change or manipulate the softwares that are involved within the gsuite.
I find that collaborating with my Team is a lot easier with hangouts. Our file storage system has become more streamlined with drive. We can each view eachothers calendars so there isn't any double bookings. My favourite tool within the Gsuite is Google Sheets.
There isn't anything that I can't do with sheets. Together with App-Script I have managed to developed some mini functioning software for my teams as a way to keep daily tasks and data together, but also automate it enough to take away the admin aspects of their day.
Gsuite has brilliant educational material. If I dont know how to do something or if I'm not sure I can integrate with another tool, searching is as simple as asking a question and BOOM! Answers given!

Nachteile: I sometimes find that tools are all over the place. There isn't one 'Operating System' of sorts that puts them together. This is where something like Chrome OS comes in handy, however on my windows machine I rely on bookmarks, pinning and browser extensions to have my frequently used tools together. However, myself (and most people) are so used to this that it's an almost invisible challenge. It only becomes a little bit complicated when trying to look for ways to seamlessly use both tools together. This is where the right slide drawer in Gmail comes in handy. I just dont use my mailbox enough to frequently use that right slide drawer. If I could have that right slide drawer installed as an extension to my browser that would be all the more useful!

So much value that is easy to incrementally access. It's changed how we work.

Bewertet am 8.10.2019
Founder and CEO
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: G suite has really simplified on-boarding people, both because it works well with everything and because it's easier to start using than desktop software like open-office or libre office. Generally speaking, even folks who haven't used it before find it easier to use than other office suites. For people who are really accomplished in something like ms-office, there might be some annoyances but we have not had issues w/doing projects that had say excel and sheets users together. Google has done a really good job of looking at the entire set of features needed to make various docs, and focusing on the most important things be easy and work well, delivered in a cloud-centric way. Other unexpected upsides are multi-user and online collaboration features, this is available in some other cloud-centric packages but google was one of first to offer this and it's done very seamlessly. Probably the biggest unexpected advantage is the scripting. We now have important business-level applications running in g-suite that were built incredibly quickly, cheaply and have evolved nicely over time. This is for a company without any professional javascript developers, and it's pretty easy to get somewhat quantitatively-oriented folks to add simple functions even if they're not programmers. This benefit has come so incrementally, and we're tapping only a small portion of whats available... the g-suite api is probably the biggest short and long-term benefit of the product.

Vorteile: So much capabilities for the price.
G suite does a lot, but it doesn't try to do everything.
What is does is done incredibly well, very easy to use, good user-experience even for first-time users.
Learning curve is so short for most features, it's easy to get started and easy to keep adding skills.
Good support for open standards and multiple document and output formats (including raw like json/csv).
Large community makes it easy to find examples for most things you'd want to attempt.

Nachteile: G suite is great about Pareto optimization- it does most things really well.
What it doesn't do well is noticeable. Usually can be accomplished via another way that it does better.
For example to take full advantage of suite, you often need to learn/consider the google/g-suite way of accomplishing. Which once you get in the mindset is easier, it's a do more with less mindset.
There are situations where if you're a hardcore excel user, you may find it a bit weak on "included" excel things like pivots or charts. Likewise for presentations, they're basically choosing 70-80% of what you're likely going to use in other products and doing them at a higher level of quality. For most people they won't matter and will be fine. But if you are really, really advanced (we are mostly cs or mba types that are pretty technical, but not necessarily in doc creation)... so if you happen to have some really obscure feature of some program in your suite, you'd first check to see how g suite can accomplish that and if it's to your liking.

G Suite Does the Most

Bewertet am 3.10.2019
Controller
Immobilien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This product is essential to the workplace, and there isn't an alternative that provides all the products, services, and features included in G Suite. It provided a cost savings by allowing us to cancel subscriptions to other services that are included in our G Suite subscription. Overall, it's a must have for any office.

Vorteile: G Suite encompasses our email, file storage, backups, spreadsheets, documents, forms, collaboration projects, and much more, all in one place with one login that I can access from anywhere with a computer, tablet, or from my phone. I can't imagine having multiple vendors to provide all the services we get with G Suite. The ability to work with multiple people, both inside and outside our organization, to update the same spreadsheet or document in real time is extremely beneficial. I can also save files to my Google Drive directly from my computer, without having to log in and upload them. If a person leaves the company, we retain all their data, should it be needed. Also, when an employee leaves, he or she can migrate a copy of all their files and emails to a personal account if they wish, but no longer have access to the company account and the company copy of all their data.

Nachteile: Customer service mostly consists of reading support docs, forums, and articles. You can't call a person for assistance if you don't know how to do something.

G Suite is the gold standard in productivity applications

Bewertet am 1.10.2019
Ryan M.
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Kommentare: G Suite makes it easily to collaborate not only within your own organization, but also with other organizations on every area from email to processing spreadsheets. It's a must-have in my opinion. As a Gmail user since its early days, I completely trust Google and have faith in what they do (from a non-political side, but I understand that's part of their marketing strategy)

Vorteile: - Integrated with most of the web
- Has document/office features, easily accessible through nearly any internet browser
- Gmail (email) is closely tied in with everything
- OAuth2 / SSO makes signing up for websites that you wouldn't otherwise care to take time on a breeze
- Google Voice is awesome
- Security is unmatched by any other company

Nachteile: - Google sometimes has questionable motives
- Their betas are sometimes forced
- Sometimes they drag their feet on important feature releases after announcement, but regardless they always meet their promises. This actually shows great QA and project management which is more of a pro than a con

G Suite in the Classroom

Bewertet am 24.9.2019
Clark A.
Teacher
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, I would highly recommend G Suite in a classroom or any compay really. The storage online is excellent, and best of all, if you create a file in G Suite, it does not count against your storage space. Although with school accounts Google gives everyone unlimited storage.
I use G Suite every single day, and some days it can be frustrating, but most of the time it works extremely well.

Vorteile: As a teacher, I love using the Google Suite in my classroom. I have all of my work on there and I can easily create, edit, share, and display my work from any location. I can work on something on my classroom desktop, but then open the same file on my laptop when I am in a meeting. I can also access my work on my home computer and on my mobile devices as well.
Creating SlideShows, Spreadsheets, Docs, etc is easy. Sharing those with others is easy too. As teachers, we love to share our work and collaborate together. G Suite makes it very user-friendly.
Google does not charge us our our students to have an account, so I recommend this product over expensive software.

Nachteile: G Suite does lack some of the more advanced features that you would find on Microsoft or other products. It is a "watered-down" version of the traditional products out there.
Although Google is working hard to fix them, I have found a lot of "bugs" in the system that can make it frustrating for me and my students to work.
As a school district, if the student or teacher leaves the district (on graduation for example) then the student will lose all of their work unless they share their work with their personal gmail account.

Everything in one place

Bewertet am 24.9.2019

Kommentare: G Suite helps us stay organized by having every file, spreadsheet, asset, email, etc accessible from one platform on both desktop and mobile. It makes doing business on the go as easy as sitting in the office.

Vorteile: It makes storing, sharing, and viewing information very easy. Everything is stored and accessed in one place, from email to calendars to spreadsheets and other files. G Suite keeps our company organized and secure with Google Cloud and mobile accessible apps.

Nachteile: Customer service is not the best. Even getting in touch with a live human tends to feel like a robot, as they tend to give canned responses and simply restate what is found on the FAQ and support pages.

Google Suite: The Ultimate Tool for your College Education

Bewertet am 9.9.2019
Krishna M.
Student Ambassador
Hochschulbildung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Using Google's App suite, I expected there to be a notable difference in usability between it and Microsoft Office. But I was wrong. I noticed zero difference. In fact, I use Google Suite more than Microsoft Office because of how easy it is to keep documents backed up. That alone gives me peace of mind that I won't lose any data should my local machine crash.

Vorteile: Normally, I use apps like Microsoft Office because of the known familiarity and ease of use. When a peer told me about Google Suite, I took a look at it, and I noticed that there are apps that are identical to Microsoft office, like word docs, spreadsheets, powerpoint presentations, etc. of course, Google names them differently. When I began working on my English paper, I was initially skeptical of how Google Docs would be since I was so used to using Microsoft Word. But when I used Google Docs, I was beyond impressed. It's literally identical to Microsoft Word, except, it's free, and it's on the cloud, and every small edit I make Google autosaves it in seconds. Then I decided to look into the other Google Apps, like Google Slides and Google Spreadsheets. After using them, I can say that there is literally zero difference in functionality and usability between using Microsoft or Google's apps.

Nachteile: Admittedly, Google's app suite can be a tad slow when in use. I noticed that when I use Google Docs or Sheets. But that's to be expected for something that is literally on the cloud. Plus, on my Mac, using Google apps online can increase my CPU usage, and make my fans spin faster than they should be. But really, those are the only complaints I can really give to Google Suite. But honestly, the pros simply outweigh the cons.

G Suite for Non Profitd

Bewertet am 4.9.2019
Aziz K.
Information Systems Lead
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The transition from Office 365 to G Suite has been fairly smooth. Google provides a migration service that can complete the process without paying extra. G Suite apps are amazing for collaboration, something that Office 365 combined with Dropbox couldn't match before. Google has improved the accessibility of their G Suite apps immensely to the point that several of our visually impaired and blind employees are able to use it without any substitutes or help. Google offers GSSMO and for this reason we are able to have a mixed environment of strictly G Suite users, as well as some that prefer Outlook. GSSMO allows us to provide Outlook and still keep the company directory for those users in Outlook as well as being able to view the calendar availability of their colleagues. G Suite was able to replace Office 365 and we are planning to take advantage of the full offering and replace Dropbox as well.

Vorteile: Support provided by Google is excellent. G Suite for Non Profits is free of charge and includes most of the features needed for a company. G Suite apps are amazing for collaboration and are highly accessible for visually impaired employees.

Nachteile: Only 30 GB of storage space is offered to share between Drive, Gmail and Photos for Non Profit account.

Using G Suite as a Business Communicator

Bewertet am 30.8.2019
Nate B.
Internal Communications Coordinator
Einzelhandel, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, G Suite is a dream to use – so long as you have a reliable internet connection.
I especially appreciate the collaborative features, the ability to set differing permissions, and the integration with other products. The ability to use it on a smartphone on the go is very helpful as well.

Vorteile: I love the collaborative aspects of G Suite. The ability to create shared folders and documents that are accessible from anywhere, the ability for multiple people to work in and comment on documents all at the same time. The ability to tag/call out colleagues in a document, and assign them sections to work on is amazing as well. There is even a built-in chat function to host a discussion within a document.
Moreover, the accessibility of documents from anywhere with an internet connection is great. It's as easy to do from within a mobile app as it is on a desktop computer, making sharing items on the fly (or while out sick) a snap!
We use G Suite with LumApps intranet, and G Suite integrates nearly seamlessly. It's great!
As a business communicator, the ability to set different permissions in a document is immensely helpful, and it is appreciated!

Nachteile: Some features are a little less intuitive than others, which sends a curveball. In some ways, Google have set the bar so high for themselves with the way some features work, that they almost set themselves up to disappoint when other features don't perform or are less intuitive.
G Suite is often marketed as a Microsoft Office replacement. And in many ways, it is. However, there are a couple of features that are missing or underdeveloped: In any document, it is not possible to do a find-and-replace that is limited to a specific section or limited to a highlighted area. Find-and-replace applies to the entire document, which is very vexing. In Google Slides, it is not possible to set differing slide durations; each slide must advance at the same interval. Both of these features, which I used every day in Microsoft Office, seem relatively easy to implement. (But then again, I am not a coder!)

G-Suite Rocks for Small Businesses

Bewertet am 22.8.2019
Jordan S.
CTO/Co-Founder

Kommentare: My business partner and I thoroughly enjoy G-Suite for it's ease-of-use, cross-device compatibility and included software tools. Can't really ask for too much more.

Vorteile: I love G-suite and the applications bundled into it for use in my own small business. I use the gmail web client each and every single day both on my computer and phone. There are a lot of features to love but I'll keep it simple: 1.) Android Plug-and-Play functionality 2.) Awesome cloud based tools included (google drive, google sheets, google photos, calendar etc.) 3.) Unwavering uptime. I can't say I've ever had one issue with my email responsiveness and ability to use G-Suite software

Nachteile: Can't really think of many dislikes for G-Suite. but one dislike I would have is my inability to attach certain .zip files to emails that I send out. I think that the email scanning (of what I'm sending out) is just a wee bit invasive although I do get why Google would do it. At least maybe find a way to make simple web development documents (.html/.css/ javascript) easy to send. Another thing would be that sometimes I suppose that Microsoft document formatting can be lost between Google Sheets and Microsoft documents when you try to open them but that is to be expected.

A comprehensive suite of tools

Bewertet am 12.8.2019
Owner, Digital Marketing Consultant

Kommentare: Overall, G Suite is exactly what you need. For everything you need that it doesn't have, G Suite can likely integrate with it. I have tried Microsoft and Zoho, and G Suite easily comes out on top in terms of seamless interaction and overall functionality.

Vorteile: - G Suite brings in nearly everything you need to run an efficient company's documents. Sheets, Docs, Drawings, Storage, Email.
- All the tools work together seamlessly.
- Products are always being upgraded and they are all so widely used, there is practically no learning curve to onboard a new employee or contractor.
- Support is fast and professional. If Google has not yet documented a question in their comprehensive Q/A, then their support staff will help you straight away.
- The tools included are the best of the best. Sheets and Docs make collaboration very efficient when compared to their Microsoft counterparts.
- Managing users, permission, and multiple accounts is an absolute breeze. G Suite makes this extremely simple and straightforward.
- G Suite has an excellent integration and extensibility system, and even a marketplace of apps. This means that for any tool not already included with G Suite (such as a CRM or Document Signing), it can be integrated and added onto your license with ease.

Nachteile: - The cost per user does feel a bit high when compared to other suite products (like Microsoft of Zoho).
- There has yet to have an encryption feature added to the basic G Suite which I feel is essential for most (if not all) corporate suite offerings.
- While the products included are great, they are also just the basic products required to effectively run a business. This can be a pro and a con at the same time, but a more robust suite offering would help compare G Suite with its more robust competitors (Microsoft and Zoho).

A full feature office suite, wherever you are

Bewertet am 24.7.2019
Senior Consultant - Technology Strategy & Architecture
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, G-Suite is a great tool for productivity and collaboration. The pros far outweigh the cons.

Vorteile: -Cloud based: Can use in the office or remote. Works on multiple devices and syncs seamlessly
-Ease of use: Most apps are initiative and feel familiar, especially if you've used the Microsoft Office suite in the past.
-Scalability: Allows a company to grow their team with ease.
-Google ecosystem - great if you already have a gmail account, Android, or any other Google products.
-Versatile: G-Suite can replace multiple applications. Office Suite and file storage, just to name a couple.

Nachteile: Slow load times: I'm often surprised how long the "Working..." text lingers before everything loads. You'd think Google's servers would be powerful enough to load documents and spreadsheets nearly instant. I've noticed this issue on multiple devices. Desire to convert. I wish G-Suite did a better job of viewing Microsoft files nativity. You can technically view them I always feel the need to convert to a G-Suite file to get the most use. And then I'm stuck with 2 file types. Not great for transferring documents to a Microsoft user back and forth. There could be improvement here.

Advanced, easy, intuitive and simple set of collaboration and business tools

Bewertet am 23.7.2019
Head of IT Department
Tiefbau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great suite for collaboration, office work and simple document management...

Vorteile: It is great cross platform set of tools that easily orchestrate variety of business activities. Not that it is only e-mail service, it is way too more. Great integration with calendar, notes, Google keep and many other services helps a with organizing our team, as well as having most of our documents and important data on the go, with our mobile phones, no matter of the brand or even mobile OS.

Nachteile: Whenever you have any kind of problem, you have really good knowledge base, but it is almost impossible to get in touch with live person to discuss specific problems. Everything is automatized, maybe even more than it should be.

Our business thrives on G Suite

Bewertet am 13.7.2019
Alexander V.
Director of Operations

Kommentare: Regardless of some relatively minor setbacks, G Suite has made it easier for us to operate all aspects of our digital marketing agency. I recommend it to any business professional.

Vorteile: I've always appreciated the next-gen instant-sync capabilities of Google's whole suite of apps, especially Drive and Gmail, and G Suite brings all that convenience to a business level. Not only do we get a Gmail attached to our own custom domain name (better for business purposes), but G Suite's unlimited Drive storage allows us to easily manage most of our marketing agency's operations all in one convenient place - we have our own space for business assets, and we can access vital documents wherever we go, whether it's for internal operations or client work. A real life-saver! It's also insane, the value for money Google provides in terms of business web apps & services for every need. The best part? The customer support is excellent. We get an instant support hotline with Google and can get our questions answered whenever we want. The rules surrounding a G Suite account upgrade were a bit confusing, but a quick phone conversation cleared up everything and we were up & running with our upgraded plan within a half-hour.

Nachteile: 1. G Suite has so many different features, it can be confusing to navigate the way through what exactly is what, and some of the help docs aren't the most transparent about how to use certain features. With that being said, their great support team is at our service to clear the confusion around anything. 2. Google has had a few Google Cloud downtimes over the past half-year, each causing G Suite & Google Drive services to stop fully working for a few consecutive hours - along with numerous other websites that rely on Google (including Vimeo and CloudFlare). Since our entire business thrives on G Suite and Google Cloud-based apps, this critically affected our ability to perform work as usual. Naturally Google is one of the biggest tech companies in the world and they maintain world-class standards for the reliability of their servers, but they've had an increasing number of downtimes, so prepare for the unexpected and be sure to have a copy of your work elsewhere for when you can't use it. I recommend installing the Google Backup & Sync desktop app to keep hard copies of your Drive files on your computer. It's not that the files get lost, it's that the downtimes have prevented us from accessing some of them. It happens with everybody. Amazon's servers got overloaded on Prime Day. Facebook and its related apps (Instagram, Messenger & WhatsApp) have had several downtimes this year too. Downtimes can be a big con, but they do happen so you have to be ready for them.

Need lot of improvements.............

Bewertet am 28.5.2019
Analyst
Staatsverwaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been extremely dissatisfied and disappointed with G-Suite support and the professionalism of the staff. I was advised to use G-Suite by my web designer who spoke very highly of the offerings provided by it. I was originally satisfied and impressed by G-Suite but the last 6 months have left me totally dissatisfied. Over the past six months, emails that my company send using G-Suite go into people’s spams folders. This has happened with longstanding contacts and new ones. Even after they list us as an approved sender (which we already were), the emails continue to go into spam. G-Suite supports claimed it was a DNS, DMARC issue. I had this changed as per instructions. When the issue persisted I contacted G-Suite support and they again claimed it was all DNS and DMARC. I pointed out that we had done that and they claimed it wasn’t correct. I spoke with another G-Suite support personnel and they claimed that it was done right. Two different answers about the same issue by G-Suite support. I pointed out that we are doing Google Adwords and have spent a considerable amount on it and people who respond to our ad with a Gmail email are not getting our response. I was then told that it was a Gmail issue and I would need to contact a Gmail support forum, I did and was told that no it is G-Suite issue.

Vorteile: G Suite offers a wide variety of office and productivity-related solutions, all under one account and can have your domain as the end point URL.

Nachteile: I have been incredibly disappointed and disillusioned with G-Suite support and the polished methodology of the staff. I was encouraged to utilize G-Suite by my website specialist who talked in all respects profoundly of the contributions given by it. I was initially fulfilled and awed by G-Suite yet the most recent a half year have left me completely disappointed. I discovered it somewhat hard to import my telephone contacts to the Gmail application utilizing programmed match up. I just physically enter them, which for my situation, is really valuable as I'm ready to alter immaterial contacts and pertinent contacts.

Doesn't get easier

Bewertet am 27.5.2019
Rob C.
Co-founder

Kommentare: For all the minor complaints above, G Suite was always my first pick for web-based productivity. It makes it easy to stay organized, look professional, and collaborate with my small team so that every moment we spend working counts. I would recommend it to just about anybody.

Vorteile: In my circles, Gmail is the default email client, so opting for G Suite as the system to run a digital marketing business just made sense. It's a near-perfect solution for email, collaborating on documents, cloud storage, and scheduling, with what I'll call the most user-friendly layout of the typical options. I know that by choosing G Suite, I won't have to worry about a lengthy on-boarding process, and that's a big benefit given how little time I have as an entrepreneur to devote to tedium.

Nachteile: Little things missing from G Suite make it a near-perfect solution rather than a perfect one. I like that Dropbox can be used as a server. I like that Office 365 includes access to Desktop applications that, frankly, are more capable than what Google offers (though Google's offerings are perfectly fine the majority of the time). Other things, like the half-baked Google Meet, are puzzling for their inclusion and lack of visibility in the suite. I'd wager most users have no idea it's an option, and that might be for the best, as it's not a great choice for hosting conference calls. Hangouts Chat, meanwhile, has gotten plenty of exposure, but lacks basic features like proper integration with regular Hangouts, Group Chat, and other things that users need. Essentially, try to get outside of the basics, and G Suite will let you down.

Cough up the money. It's worth it.

Bewertet am 31.3.2019
Liam S.
Innovation Designer
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our organization has benefitted greatly from our decision to upgrade to the G Suite. There's some training that has to happen in the transition process, but everyone immediately saw the value of being able to have their Google Drive linked to their work email instead of mixed with their personal life. We've not regretted the money we spent on this software.

Vorteile: When our IT administrator asked me to beta test the G Suite for wider use at our organization, it was a no brainer. I didn't need to take two weeks to decide like he asked. I have been benefitting from Google's incredible tools including Gmail, Drive, and others most of my life, and to be able to use them at work is even better. Unfortunately, since Outlook is so entrenched, we couldn't make the full migration over to Gmail, but we use all the rest of the tools in the Suite on a daily basis. If you're setting up a team from scratch, this is the way to go. Make the easy decision and integrate everything from the start so you don't have to fix it later.

Nachteile: The only thing I wish is that we had started on G Suite from the beginning. It was a bit of a headache to migrate over existing accounts to the official organizational account, and some weren't able to transition smoothly. But it was definitely the right move. Otherwise, everyone would still be using their personal Gmail accounts they created back in high school (embarassing!) The price point might be a con, but in my opinion worth every penny. You get the expanded storage space, plus the ability to upgrade everyone to a professional account that matches the professional work you are doing.

The hidden face of G Suite

Bewertet am 19.3.2019
Thomas P.
Chief Operating Officer

Kommentare: Overall we are saving such much time with all the collaboration options that we use it for all of our companies. On top of having the peace of mind that everything is secured and always running.

Vorteile: Yes, I love having all the required basic tools to run my business like emails, calendar, drive storage, docs and everything else. I could talk about all the obvious features everyone knows about G Suite but for me the value of G Suite for business goes beyond that. Considering that running a business in 2019 almost always guaranteed that you will need to have an online presence of some sort, being on G Suite simplify a lot of the processes and required tools access needed to run your business online. Let me explain. When running or starting a business, you need Google My Business Google Analytics, Google Webmaster, Google Ads, YouTube, Google Trends and on and on. Being on G Suite allows you to centralize all of those assets and access under your company to avoid having personal emails owning your assets which can bring issues when trying to linked them all. It also simplify how you manage your employees access to all those assets and platforms. I could even add that there are so many platforms outside of Google cco-system uses Google Single Sign-in option that being on G Suite again simplify the account sign process. Finally the ability to control and protect your company data using G Suite management platform is just awesome, sometime a bit of advanced knowledge is required but nothing that can't be understood in Google's the support section.

Nachteile: Not that much, it's easy to setup , however, it can get a bit complicated for new users to setup advanced features. But again the support section is very detailed.

G Suite Review

Bewertet am 27.1.2019
Gerard B.
Owner/CEO
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: G Suite helps my team to be much more productive than the way they were before implementing G Suite. We can use the Gmail, Calendar, Hangouts, and Google Drive apps to manage the business' contacts lists as well as email campaigns. Gmail helps communication between my team, our existing clients, and potential clients. The Calendar helps my team and me to plan meetings and manage calls. G Drive helps me to organize all of my documents. Maps has been indispensable when planning out the routes for face to face meetings with clients. Every aspect of the G Suite helps my business run efficiently and effectively.

Vorteile: Everything about G Suite has been extremely helpful. It is an absolutely amazing set of apps which can help run any business. I've used Gmail for several years and it is easy and reliable. On top of being easy to use, I've had virtually no problems at all other than forgetting my own password; however, that was quickly resolved. Google Calendar is a calendar app, and in my opinion definitely one of the most useful and comprehensive calendar apps out there. I have been able to organize events by color and have even gone so far as to share my calendar with the others in your G Suite, which has made it extremely easy to schedule meetings and conference calls with my staff. As if that weren't enough, G Suite even has iOS apps that can be used on your iPad and iPhone, which happen to be essential tools in my line of work.

Nachteile: I found it a little difficult to import my phone contacts to the Gmail app using automatic sync. I just manually enter them, which in my case, is actually beneficial as I'm able to edit irrelevant contacts and relevant contacts.

G Suite is great for educators!

Bewertet am 15.1.2019
Russell s P.
Teacher and Consultant
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Extremely positive! Grateful that G Suite was developed!

Vorteile: Long gone are the days when teachers had to make hundreds of copies, keeping filing cabinets full of documents, worry about a dog eating the homework, worry about a computer shutting down and not saving something, and struggle to collaborate with peers. G Suite is an educator's dream come true! Here's why I love it from a teacher's perspective:
- It moves all of your software tools to the cloud, which means I can work on anything (documents, spreadsheets, surveys, etc.) from any device, any time, and anywhere. I don't have to have one desktop, or the same laptop, or any of that. I can simply log in with my credentials and continue working.
- G Suite offers multiple tools that are great for teachers and students. Classroom is a digital space where I can assign and collect assignments. Docs is a phenomenal word processor. Forms builds surveys, questionnaires, or quizzes in minimal time. Sheets can be used for graphing in science/math, etc. And this just scratches the surface. G Suite also offers Sites (a powerful, yet simple website builder) and a host of other great tools. G Suite is so multifaceted and full of awesome tools for the classroom!
- Access to all of these great tools just comes with your Google account. Yes, you are limited by space, and how much cloud storage you or your employer have purchased. But all of these great tools are free with your account.
- It's reliable, perfect for collaboration, and always being updated with great, new features.

Nachteile: My only con (and this isn't really a con, more of a concern) is that your creativity potential is limited by how much cloud storage you have. Everything you create or build uses space - so make sure you have enough. Different than the hard drive era of years ago also is the fact that you will have to continue to pay for this cloud space - you can't just buy a hard drive (one time fee) and store your items with G Suite. Hopefully, though, your district or school system purchases access to this for you as a part of your employment.

G Suite is revolutionizing use of the cloud for business and students everywhere

Bewertet am 14.8.2018
Graduate Student
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Extremely positive experience with G Suite. I use it all the time and the ease at which you can convert from Google format to Microsoft Office format is a huge plus, since many people still only use Office. It has overall saved me tons of time and I think really improved my students learning experience.

Vorteile: Where do I even begin? Well for starters, pretty much the most important things that G Suite can do are free. That is amazing for any student who is strapped for cash. The 2 most important features of G Suite for me are 1) As a scientist, the ability to take experiment notes in Google Docs or make a spreadsheet and share it with my Mentor so that he can keep track of my experiments progress without having to even be in the country. This is good because he travels a lot. And 2) There is an amazing feature on Google Slides where you can give a link to your presentation to anyone in the audience and they can go to the link on their phones or laptops and type out questions that I can then see on my computer!!! This is an invaluable feature when teaching larger classes and students are scared to ask a question and sounding stupid.

Nachteile: The features in all of the Microsoft office-like programs in G Suite are not really close to comparable to the amount and quality of features in the actual Microsoft Office suite (yet). I assume this will get better with time but for example the variety of transitions and animations in Google Slides is much less than PowerPoint. Also, in Microsoft Excel you can basically code programs if you know what you are doing, and this is just not achievable yet with Google Sheets.

All in one

Bewertet am 17.12.2018
Andrés e. B.
Analista sénior
Telekommunikation, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Simplifying tasks, making the process more agile, should be in the mind of any company or entrepreneur. For my luck, I have managed to reach those two premises. Of course! I'm still learning, but that's what life is about. We still have to see in the digital world.

Vorteile: When we talk about Google, I think that the average person thinks about Gmail and yes, it's a great service. However, when we talk about Google, we really refer to a world of tools and functionality that help to solve everything from the simplest, send an email, to a video conference with the top management of an organization or a business partner. In my experience, I believe that G Suite has revolutionized the digital world. What they now call "the new normal" and that every day becomes stronger. Force that is also attributed to us, the users. So important is the use of tools like this, which I've seen, and it's something that Google can search for, as large corporations start their Digital Transformation processes through platforms like this one. Thing that without thinking much, speaks quite well of the G Suite.

Nachteile: Not everything can be perfect and the good thing about that is that we can continue to see how each and every one of the services in the G Suite will be improving and adapting to the demands of us, the users. However, I will insist that platforms like the G Suite, in my opinion, are not as well known as they should be. In many occasions I name services as elementary as Google Docs and people are left looking surprised, but this is not something negative of the platform. Yes for users who have solutions in their pocket and do not know it.

Excellent and practically required suite of tools for individuals and businesses of any size

Bewertet am 27.11.2018
Advisor
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have setup GSuite for my own company and for others. There are other options but GSuite is the best overall option for integration and working with all devices. The administration is fairly logical but not great. It shines in end user implementation due to familiarity and quality infrastructure. The infrastructure is the most reliable and without peer in my experience.

Vorteile: Integration of desktop and cloud with mature tools and pretty much without peer, reliability. Vast array of third party integration and add-ons. High quality mail eliminates SO MANY headaches of running own mail server.

Nachteile: Google support is not great at any level for any product. Frankly they come across as an arrogant company to me that doesn't value individual customers. I also started setting up GSuite for others and did not get credit from the GSuite referral program. The program itself shows the Google arrogance. Instead of what you'd expect from a referral program it is just vague, "trust us" assumptions with very little in the way of tracking your progress (this from the company that specializes in Big Data on an unequaled scale) that you have to go along with or not participate. Google rides the back of small business developers (primarily Adsense) but treats them with indifference and also kills off small business industry and while taking advantage of Open Source surreptitiously eliminates many of the great open source and "free" community based tools and services that the Internet was built on. (Google of course not the only Big company doing this. It is pretty much standard Silicon Valley) Normally I would just move on from any company like this, but Google is like the government of technology. They get their piece of everything and you have to take it. It is just too bad that they choose to be a dictatorship in their unique position, rather than egalitarian.