Ad Sales Genius - There's no solution that is better in the business.

Bewertet am 11.10.2018
Sean D.
President & Publisher
Verlagswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience... the team at ASG is extremely helpful. Very supportive. Incredibly responsive. When I started a new publishing company, I wondered how I would do so many of the administrative tasks that were previously managed by a number of people at an old publishing company in admin, sales, design/production, accounting etc. We really were watching every dollar and putting all our resources into sales. Discovering Ad Sales Genius was critical in the early stages of our business. I consider this platform very important to our day-to-day operation and a key factor to our success and continue growth.

Vorteile: Ad Sales Genius is by far the very best cloud-based CRM and all-in-one publishing solution in the media business. I could go on and on about each area I will list below, but Ad Sales Genius truly has everything covered. I especially like that ASG is built to drive sales and with the integrations with VOIP providers for click-to-dial features that ultimately increase productivity in daily call volume... to sending insertion orders via Docusign for a quick digital signature, it really helps your team and your clients. - Reporting... I don't think I've ever work with a better system that has thought of it all. You don't need custom reports with Ad Sales Genius... there are reports for everything and anything you can think of. - Production... managing artwork proofs and sending via ASG for approvals at the click of a button. Then having the approved ad assigned and visually accessible to that particular insertion is great! - Flat planning! The ability to go in and build a visual of your publication, dropping in all the editorial content and ads where they should be. Designers can have this as a guideline giving them more time to be creative. - Workflows... "When this happens, the system needs to do this..." We're just getting into this as it's a new feature but in our early testing, we love it. This will really help assist our media reps to better assist their clients. There are just far too many pros to list. Invoicing / Commissions / Templates... it just does it all.

Nachteile: The real con is that I didn't know about Ad Sales Genius when they first came to market!

Give it a try!

Bewertet am 4.10.2018
Katy F.
National Sales Manager
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our company is very small - we have a total of 6 ASG users - and we all have our hands in different parts of the production process so we need access to multiple parts of ASG. ASG, like any other new system, can be a bit daunting at first because there are so many things it can do, but that is a good thing! Once you get used to it you will appreciate all the options it has. There are new features being incorporated and updated all the time. I really like the team is all that I have spoken to - because they are super nice, very fast at responding to tickets and always willing to help me.

Vorteile: For our company...
- great for sales and CRM
- organized
- many options on reports and filtering
- marketing to filtered lists
- dashboard has everything I need to see through out the day
- customer service is super responsive and very pleasant to talk to
- developers take my ideas into consideration
- continually pushing out new updates with new features
- training videos and courses
- attractive/not boring looking

Nachteile: For our company...
- isn't quite what our production team needs
- having to use QuickBooks Online isn't great but we are working with it
- because of all the new updates some bugs occur periodically but once you send them a support ticket on it they fix it immediately
- you cannot email back and forth with clients on 1 continuous thread like you would on an external email system

von Ad Sales Genius an 8.10.2018

Hi, Katy!

Thank you so much for your feedback and review of Ad Sales Genius! We are so glad to have you and the Farm & Ranch team as valued customers. You and the team are great with providing us feedback on new features and enhancements to the software. We appreciate you and your business!

Your Ad Sales Genius Team

Cathie K.
ad sales rep
Verlagswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has been enjoyable. Not difficult to use and it's productive.

Vorteile: It's easy to use. Has an intuitive logic to it. It's flexible and easy to make changes. I've been adding contacts and love the avatar feature, how it so easily links to my photo file or directly to a website.
ASG understands the realities and intricacies of the advertising sales process--from prospecting, goal setting, data info, communication and production. The training videos are a good reference source to review a function.

Nachteile: The questions that are linked to the training videos should be more in sync with the content of videos. Sometimes the questions didn't effectively cover the subject matter.

von Ad Sales Genius an 7.8.2019

Thank you, Cathie! We're excited to see that you are enjoying your experience with Ad Sales Genius! Our team works hard to ensure that our CRM software complements the processes that go along with advertising and media sales, and we thank you for your kind review!

Ad Sales Genius improving over time

Bewertet am 7.10.2018
Barb K.
Verlagswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are looking forward to trying the production module, and we appreciate the fact that the software is improving and changing for the better on a weekly basis. The new tech support people are very responsive.

Vorteile: We needed a system that allowed us to sync our Quickbooks invoices with sales orders, as our previous double entry was resulting in errors and time spent double checking. Ad Sales Genius seems to work very well with Quickbooks - a few glitches in the beginning and trouble displaying correct history, but now it is working better. It also allows you to set up payment plans and store credit cards, which is a great time saver. The sales reps love the Docusign integration and the reminders function.

Nachteile: We had a hard time onboarding, both with our previous data from Magazine Manager and AdSystem, as well as with training our reps. We had a lot of frustration with technical support. Now that we are over those hurdles, the sales reps are really liking it - but it took a good 6 months. Don't make this switch during a busy sales cycle!

von Ad Sales Genius an 8.10.2018

Hi, Barb!

Thank you so much for your candid feedback about Ad Sales Genius! We appreciate the time that you took to share your experiences from starting with Ad Sales Genius to where you and your team are today. You and your team are valued customers and we are happy to keep bringing out new features for you!

Your Ad Sales Genius Team

Great Software!

Bewertet am 12.8.2019
Malky W.

Kommentare: Ad Sales Genius has helped our company mainstream our process in many ways.

Vorteile: I love that the software is constantly being updated and many things that we asked for were implemented very quickly.

Nachteile: I was hoping that commissions would be calculated automatically, but we couldn't do it based on our commission structure.

von Ad Sales Genius an 13.8.2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius, Malky! We're delighted to hear our CRM software is helping your magazine streamline its processes!

Helps Me Do My Job!

Bewertet am 1.4.2019
Ranessa H.

Kommentare: It has helped me so much in keeping up with when contracts expire and all throughout the process. I love the software and have already recommended it to several companies in town!

Vorteile: It's ease of use and the many features it provides that help ensure the process of selling from start to finish is without headaches.

Nachteile: I feel like in the invoicing it could be more customizable. For example, we have a few advertisers that are not always on time in paying their bills. It would be nice to have a "PAST DUE" option other than assigning a payment plan. Also, in the proposals - we cater to small companies and often times the total number (i.e. amount after 12 months) scares them off from signing an agreement. If we could take the "subtotal" & "total" feature of the contracts it may make getting clients to sign for more than 1 month at a time a bit easier.

von Ad Sales Genius an 3.4.2019

We're happy to hear you are enjoying your experience with Ad Sales Genius! Thank you so much for recommending us to others! With regards to invoicing, creating custom templates within settings lets you choose (or hide) the types of information displayed to clients, and setup is fast and easy! There are also some payment plan invoice options that may help you display past due payment amounts more effectively. Please feel free to reach out to our support team, and we'll walk you through these items!

Ad Sales Genius Review

Bewertet am 26.11.2018
Elaina H.
Marketing Manager

Kommentare: So far it's been good. Initially, our team had a rocky start because our structure is maybe a little different than the average ASG customer but the software's customization options were part of why we chose it. Ultimately, the ASG team has worked with us to accomplish what we need and successfully transfer information over and organize it as close to correctly as possible with minimal manual work on our part.

Vorteile: I find it to be overall very intuitive which is often not the case for this type of software. In sales, it makes most sense for back end work to be quick, easy and efficient and I think Ad Sales Genius is all of those things.

Nachteile: There are a few things that seem rigid, like the process for deleting a contract. You pretty much have to just cancel the insertion for a contract. It's also not super simple to edit a contract once it's been won—and I understand why this might be more complicated, but advertisers do change their minds. I also am having issues figuring out how to copy a proposal and edit it, which is important for renewal time!

von Ad Sales Genius an 28.11.2018

Hi, Elaina! We appreciate your feedback and comments on your experience with Ad Sales Genius. There are several business rule configuration options with regard to contracts that your Admin can change for contract edits. We reviewed your account and see that the settings are currently set to the most restrictive; we encourage you to speak with your Admin to review the settings and see if there are some business rules that can be changed to make it easier to update contracts for your customers.

Christopher P.
Digital Director
Verlagswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: If i ever run into a problem or have a question, I get immediate support.

Vorteile: Simple Web Ad Server has saved me hours of uploading ads to our website. So far great at keeping organized.

Nachteile: It takes a bit to get the hang of. The videos I think need to be updated.

von Ad Sales Genius an 7.8.2019

Glad to see that our CRM software is helping you keep your online advertising organized, Christopher! Our support team appreciates the kind words, and we are working diligently to make the Ad Sales Genius training experience and documentation better than ever.

This made selling ads fun for me again

Bewertet am 12.2.2019
Andrew B.
Verlagswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We needed a better way to build contracts. Wanted a more modern experience for our users. Their support team is amazing. VERY responsive to feature requests.

Vorteile: Easy of use.
Fast and intuitive GUI.
Constantly improving (I thought it was perfect, but somehow these guys find ways to step it up).
It's NOW fun to build contracts.

Nachteile: I met the owner many years back and I mistook his confidence for cockiness and this misjudgement delayed my purchase. I wish I knew then what I knew now and I would've been onboard way earlier.

von Ad Sales Genius an 15.2.2019

Thank you for providing your feedback on your experience with Ad Sales Genius. We're thrilled that you love our product, and we look forward to continuing to serve you and your company!

Adsales Genius for Trade Show Companies

Joseph C.
Event Coordinator
Eventservice, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been using the software for under a year but my experience has been quite satisfying overall with the product. Not saying we have not run into problems, but the support team have been snappy with responses and seemed willing to help at all times.

Vorteile: The Software is easy to navigate and to use. The customer support is knowledgeable and punctual with responses. It is overall a friendly user-interface that most should be able to adapt to quickly.

Nachteile: There are small flaws that are usually easy fixes. Most of the problems we run into are how pages are formatted with the organization of information/ability to perform certain actions when pulling lists or gathering info etc. But nevertheless, issues seem to be preferable fixes for our company mostly.

von Ad Sales Genius an 8.8.2019

Joseph, thank you for the review of Ad Sales Genius! We're happy to see you enjoy using our CRM software for trade shows and event services. Our support team appreciates your kind feedback!

One size does not fit all. For our business, ASG is a perfect fit.

Bewertet am 9.1.2018
Lawrence M.
Founder & CEO
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: We are a multimedia business with a print magazine, network of websites, trade show, newsletters and radio show, before finding ASG, we were on the largest (and most expensive) CRM in the world. We struggled with the multiple add-ons you had to purchase and customize for an advertisng based business. ASG takes care of every aspect of the CRM process for an ad based organization. Just because there's the biggest CRM available out there, one size does not fit all.

Nachteile: With any CRM - commit to a minimum of one year! It really takes that time to get adjusted and your team feeling comfortable using ASG.

Bewertet am 19.3.2019
Christopher C.
Account Executive

Vorteile: Once you learn this software, it's easy to work your way around. Customizable templates. Prompt customer service. Consistent updates and saves, and information can be entered easily. Adaptable to multiple environments

Nachteile: Customer service is moving towards a self service model for an expensive product. Updates sometimes can mess up the general formats

von Ad Sales Genius an 20.3.2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Ad Sales Genius! We're so glad you're enjoying our software! Regarding your experience with our support and updates, we aim to keep things as smooth as possible for users as we add new functionality. You're always welcome to directly contact our support team via telephone for any urgent support requests. The reason we encourage a support ticket beforehand is to help document issues to create an even better user experience for all!

Bewertet am 25.11.2018
John S.
Verlagswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: positive and easy to use

Vorteile: Ease of use for all departmental personnel

Nachteile: It's not clear exactly how it syncs with Quickbooks, which is key to our billing operation. Difficult to get a person on the phone for support (excellent communication via email, however).

von Ad Sales Genius an 27.11.2018

Hi John! Thank you for the great review! We've hired many more new staffers to the team in the recent year. You are welcome to call us anytime at: 855-464-3648 and press 2 for support. For QuickBooks, we might need to schedule a time with a subject matter expert for any advanced questions regarding this feature. Thank you for being a customer of Ad Sales Genius and we look forward to continuing to serve you and your company!

Could be good

Bewertet am 10.9.2018
Adam F.
Verlagswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Not worth investing in software that is inflexible with a support team that doesn't really care.

Vorteile: Its great to see a CRM focused on media sales. There is a lot that this software gets right.

Nachteile: The support is non existent. It is as if this company doesn't want your business. The pricing compared with industry leaders such as salesforce, Pipedrive, etc is stuck in the 1990's.
Whilst many take on board feedback these guys don't . Its almost as if they built it for one publisher and are unwilling to make it flexible for other publishers.

von Ad Sales Genius an 13.9.2018

Hi Adam,

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize you were disappointed in the free trial and our pricing. We have instituted a five user minimum because of the amount of time we spend helping our customers during trained and setup. As you know, we are a niche product and not a generic solution like PipeDrive or SalesForce; our team spends a lot of time one-on-one with our clients. I know you live in Europe and have a significant time difference from our standard business hours. Our records show you have not yet setup a demo with us. If you would like to talk with one of our team members, please don¿t hesitate to reach out! I wish you all the best with your start-up publication.

Great products, many features, attentive to needs, customized to advertisement sales, genius!

Bewertet am 5.1.2018

Customized Reporting
Recurring Payments Capability
Propescting
Opportunity Creation and Tracking

Vorteile: Ad Sales Genius is full of beneficial features and the company continually is working to help customize and further improve the software to give added new features to our business model. ASG encompasses a large majority of functions within our sales and accounting system needed to track and monitor data for reporting within our business. Address and monitor any tickets open in a timely and efficient manner. The insertion order to invoice to cash collection process is automated and helps save time and labor by making it easy to process invoices and collect payments.

Nachteile: Couldn't say much about what I don't like about this software. I haven't had any issues that I can speak of.

Excelent Platform

Cindy M.
Operations Manager
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Easy to use , has all the we need to operate a daily newspaper. Not only for production but accounting and so on. You dont need different programs ASG has it all built in that you only need one platform .

Vorteile: This is such a user friendly program that helps us put out our daily newspaper everyday. Few easy steps and you it lays out our flat plan of what will go in that daily newsprint. i love that it integrates with other systems with use as well like mail chimp and Broadcast. By far one of the easiest programs I used that is an all for one system.

Nachteile: It has some glitches but a quick support ticket and they have answers for you and will help you out.

von Ad Sales Genius an 7.8.2019

Cindy, we're thrilled to see that you love using our CRM to help run your daily newspaper! We work hard to offer the best all-in-one software platform for media production, and the entire Ad Sales Genius team is encouraged by your positive feedback!

Ad Sales Genius

Bewertet am 15.2.2019
Brittni B.
Client Service Manager

Kommentare: This CRM system if great. I believe that the company has worked hard to implement things that we have requested which is super helpful and their support team responds very quikly.

Vorteile: I like how bright the dashboard is. I think that there are many ways to set up reminders and log information that is vital for your team and yourself when you work with money and clients

Nachteile: I still don't think the flat plan has been properly fixed, I believe there is a lot of potential for this with the business I work in.

von Ad Sales Genius an 21.2.2019

Brittni, we are thrilled that you are enjoying our product! Based on your feedback, a member of our support team will reach out to you shortly to help you configure your flat plan settings in a way that works best for your team. Thank you for being a customer!

Cheetah speed and style

Nicole J.
Account Director

Vorteile: The interface is very user friendly and FAST.

Nachteile: More training videos would be a big plus.

von Ad Sales Genius an 7.8.2019

Our team believes cheetah-like speed is a wonderful thing when it's combined with a friendly user experience. Glad to see you agree, Nicole! Thank you for choosing Ad Sales Genius as the CRM software you use to help you run your company - stay on the lookout for new and updated training videos rolling out soon!

Ad Sales Genius makes sales easier

Bewertet am 12.8.2019
Ann S.
Senior Account Executiove

Kommentare: Being able to get to an invoice quickly has been very helpful for my clients. Checking to see the account list remotely has helped me.

Vorteile: Ad Sales Genius has streamlined my billing process. It has cut my monthly billing and invoices time in half. The account management system has made organizing our accounts so much easier. Creating proposals is also a big plus. The software makes our proposals detailed and easy to read.

Nachteile: Most of what is difficult is issues with how the proposals are entered or changed but that is because an administrator has to do some of it and that is not really a software issue.

von Ad Sales Genius an 13.8.2019

Ann, thank you for your kind review of Ad Sales Genius! We are happy to see that our CRM software has improved the accounting efficiency at your publishing company. We look forward to supporting you and your fellow team members for years to come!

Excellent new platform

Bewertet am 15.2.2019
Ian C.
VP, Sales

Kommentare: Overall, a very good experience despite my two minor issues.

Vorteile: The interface is easy to to use for the most part, with a very high degree of functionality for the price. By far beats out other web-based CRM programs for functionality. You can run an entire media outlet (or chain) using this platform. Their customer service people are quite responsive & even offer custom fixes when its within their capabilities.

Nachteile: My only two issues with this platform are integrating email & customizing invoices. The first is more likely on our end due to multi-factor authentication, but when I highlighted this with their customer service team they were responsive & able to fix the issue & integrate my email. The second issue is due to the type of business I work for & the kind of ad units we're booking. Because of this I am unable to put run dates on my invoices for specific ad units. They are working on this fix, but just haven't quite gotten there yet. For now, we simply use our old invoicing system.

von Ad Sales Genius an 21.2.2019

Thank you for your kind words about Ad Sales Genius, Ian! Our team is happy to see that you are so pleased with our product, and we are excited to have you as a customer!

Great team, great product

Bewertet am 9.5.2019
Sam S.
Verlagswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The overall process has been great. The team involved are all really helpful and knowledgeable and nothing seems to be too much trouble for them.
They are very receptive to feedback & requests for development and certain things can be updated very quickly. Even though we are a long way away I feel fully supported.
The software itself has given me so much better visibility of where things are up to and how the team are doing.

Vorteile: It has already solved the majority of the problems you come across when publishing any kind of magazine or even digital / exhibition space advertising. The process is made very straightforward & takes away the need to have to think about what to do next.

Nachteile: We are based in the UK which has presented some issues with certain functionality that is not yet available here. We have needed to amend some of our processes around what the system currently does/doesn't do.
Ideally I'd like a little more flexibility around reporting.

von Ad Sales Genius an 13.5.2019

We're delighted to hear that you're enjoying your experience with Ad Sales Genius as much as we enjoy having you as a customer. Our team is happy to help your company with all of its CRM software needs! Thanks for the kind words!

Best publishing software

Bewertet am 23.11.2018
Jason C.
Associate Publisher
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Best tech support I've ever experienced. Very user friendly and the team is always accommodating to suggestions on new features or improvements.

Vorteile: This software is incredibly easy to use with no extra bloat that comes with other services. This software is specific to publishing so it works extremely well for us.

Nachteile: I have no complaints about this software. The only (slight) downside is that I have a wish list of features that are still being developed. That's not necessarily a bad thing though, as the team is constantly working to make the software better at the direction of the users.

von Ad Sales Genius an 26.11.2018

Hi, Jason! Thank you for your feedback; we are glad to hear about your experiences with Ad Sales Genius. We look forward to rolling out even more features for you and your team!

Ad Sales Genius Review

Bewertet am 11.2.2019
Andrea B.
Advertising Executive
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I do not like the lack of customer service when you want to speak with an actual person and they prompt email only.

Vorteile: I love the convenience and easy access to multiple devices.

Nachteile: The response time to problems with the system.

von Ad Sales Genius an 15.2.2019

Hi Andrea, thank you for your feedback on Ad Sales Genius. We are glad you are enjoying our product! Regarding your support concerns, we encourage you to call the toll-free number listed on our website (855-GO-GENIUS), to open a support ticket from the top-right corner within Ad Sales Genius, or to schedule a conversation with us if the issue cannot be quickly addressed by either of those methods.

Up to the minute

Bewertet am 24.5.2019
Judith L.
Account Executive
Zeitung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great service.

Vorteile: When I use this system I feel confident and know everything is done perfectly.

Nachteile: Too many steps to get what I need to achieve.

von Ad Sales Genius an 28.5.2019

Thank you for reviewing Ad Sales Genius. We're thrilled that you are happy with our ad sales CRM software, and our team is excited to continue to support your company for years to come!

Magazine Publisher

Bewertet am 8.1.2019
Todd L.
Verlagswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Responsive and professional.

Vorteile: Intuitive software that gives me real time information I need to manage in a few short clicks.

Nachteile: Changing to Quick Books on line. A blessing and curse all in one.

von Ad Sales Genius an 4.3.2019

Thank you for taking the time to review Ad Sales Genius, Todd! We're thrilled that you're a fan of our software!