Sonix is a full-preview of Future Technology, it becomes really amazing to transcribe audios

Bewertet am 9.7.2019
Game Developer and Film-maker
Computerspiele, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: I am a youtuber and I upload short movies based on Video Games and it generally becomes compulsory for me to give subtitles to the videos manually and Sonix works for me very well. Also, I am a part-time writer and Blogger and most of the times, it becomes boring to write those long lines and pages, here again Sonix works for me to transcribe my own recorded audio files.

Vorteile: I am a Game Developer and film-maker, I generally upload my game videos on YouTube and it is really very much important for me to provide subtitles on my videos but it becomes way boring to write all the subtitles when the Video is really lengthy and sometimes it also becomes impossible to write everything in time, So in this case Sonix is the best software for me to use and transcribe all my Audio and video files and get them in written formats so that I could easily check them and place them on my videos, this whole process becomes so much easy and interesting. Transcribing an audio or video file doesn't actually takes more time than expected when using Sonix and this is the best second most important point that I would prefer everyone to once give it a try as Sonix provides a 30 minute free trial for newbies and after that, it will be paid but still a convenient way. Sonix doesn't always provides 100% accuracy but still we get atleast 80-90% accuracy rate or even more but to get everything working correctly, Sonix provides a feature of doing corrections manually and when doing so, when we select a mistaken word the audio or video file continues exactly from there irrespective of where it was before. Sonix has a nice and easy to understanding interface which gives it a charm look and makes the mood of doing the work.

Nachteile: Though, there's nothing bad about Sonix but there could be some instances when transcribing an audio becomes hard as it becomes laggy when using a heavy audio file. Also, they should provide a longer trial duration so that newbies can learn if they should use it or not.

The people from Sonix are life savers

Bewertet am 1.8.2019
Chris L.
PhD researcher
Forschung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I used Sonix for transcription of interviews and it exceeded my expectations. I love it.

Vorteile: The user interface works intuitively and smooth. Over the time that I used Sonix that introduced new features and everytime it was an improvement. One improvement that I loved was that the audio would stop playing when you edit the text and start playing immediately after. This really sped up the process of finalizing the transcripts. Customer service (just for questions, I never had any complaints) was super responsive and friendly. The quality of the transcriptions is really good. I cannot recommend Sonix enough.

Nachteile: In my experience, there were 2 types of situations where the quality of the transcriptions suffered. The first is when there are more than 2 speakers, especially when some interviewees were sitting around a large table and therefore sat physically too far from my recorder. In those cases, the first couple of words or a sentence from a new speaker would often not be picked up.
The second is when there was loud background music playing. In those cases the sentences in the transcripts would be cut short, meaning that after every couple of words there would be a period followed by a capitalized word.
But, I cannot stress this enough, this is to be expected from any transcription service. It is just something to keep in mind: if you do plan to transcribe your recordings just make sure that speakers are reasonably close to your recorder and that you avoid bars/restaurants. Otherwise, the transcripts were very good and the editing experience was even better. I cannot recommend Sonix enough.

It was amazing how quickly and accurately the audio file was completed!

Bewertet am 10.5.2018
Mauro C.
Associate Professor of Engineering
Design, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Saves so much time and effort. I will have to work manually to edit but that's so much better than having to start from scratch.

Vorteile: The speaker on the uploaded 15 minutes audio file sometimes garbled or slurred his words, and yet Sonix was able to complete a transcription that was 90 % accurate in only 3 min. The audio editor is remarkable - I've never seen anything like it. Each word in the transcription is highlighted perfectly in sync as the audio is played. You can click the mouse in between a few words before the current word and the audio will start again at that point. There is absolutely no lag time after clicking to start the audio playing again - it's immediate! I have produced transcriptions before using the MPC audio player positioned in a small rectangle of space on the bottom of my screen widened to fit the entire width of the screen to make it easier to move the pointer back a few seconds while checking the accuracy of the transcription using Word. I manually transcribed 6 hours of audio this way years ago. I think it took me 20-25 hours to do this. What a chore! Now there is Sonix that can transcribe audio in a fraction of the time, with 90+ percent accuracy. And it's so very much easier to just click a few words back to check accuracy, instead of trying to manipulate an audio pointer. PLUS - not only can I download a Word doc but also a .srt captions file that can be added to the original video to produce a captioned video from the same original transcription! This is the only way I will produce transcriptions from now on, saving so much time and effort!

Nachteile: Just a little more time and I will get completely used to the editor interface. It's already very intuitive, but I just have to increase my "muscle memory" to hit tab to start and stop, click here to start somewhere new, etc. Really, no cons at all to speak of. Can't wait to think of new features for Sonix to add. I'm sure they will be very responsivee to customer requests

Super fast transcriptions with easy editing and a great embedded player

Bewertet am 28.2.2019
Blake O.
Head Honcho
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall, Sonix is the best way I know of to get my podcast out there for a wider audience. For the latest episode twice as many people read/listened to the episode using the Sonix player as downloaded and listened in a podcast app like Apple Podcasts. So we tripled our listeners to that episode thanks to Sonix.

Vorteile: I love the embedded transcript / audio player. I use Sonix to transcribe podcast episodes and embed the transcript on my website. It's way better than a traditional transcription service because visitors to my site can click anywhere in the transcript to hear the audio at exactly that moment. I also get the benefit of the transcript being indexed by Google.

Nachteile: Currently they don't have an integrated human review/editing process. I use a contractor to clean up the transcripts because the AI isn't 100% perfect yet — no AI is at this point that I know of. So it takes a little more effort than a service such as Rev to get the transcript perfect. But the price ends up being the same or less, and the interactive transcript is something you just don't get with other services and makes it worth it.

Surprisingly accurate and super easy to edit

Bewertet am 18.7.2019
Ernesto G.
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've just started using them but am so impressed with the results, the service and the customer service that I'm starting to transcribe all my previous podcast episodes and phasing out the use of Google Cloud transcription despite that being FREE at the volume that I require.

Vorteile: It's accuracy for transcribing conversations
How simple it is to edit and export the transcript
The embed code so I can add a transcript AND a player to my website and even pull the original MP3 from my podcast host so that those plays count towards my stats.
THE AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Nachteile: The pricing structure is difficult to grasp at first. I would still try to simplify it because it's confusing. You get charged a membership fee which then gives you access to transcription services which are billed based on usage. I now understand that they do this so you don't have to be paying monthly for transcription which you might not need but then you're paying a membership anyway…
Also, I'd like to be able to save snippets and common words to improve the AI and make my editing process easier but that's a very minor thing.

The recording, transcription and editing functions are really great.

Bewertet am 12.3.2018
Jorge M.
Ingeniero de sistemas

Kommentare: It allows a greater benefit saving time and I can make my projects faster, being able to quickly transcribe audio and make it searchable is the greatest benefit. The recording, transcription and editing functions are really good and easy to use ..

Vorteile: The editing functionality is very good it does a very good job of transcription, so it really is not necessary to make many modifications to the transcribed text. The design is very clear, which facilitates its use and allows you to upload files in a fast and efficient way, the editing functionality that you have is very complete allowing the audio track and the transcribed text to be synchronized so that it is really easy to follow the audio and make online editions of the transcribed text

Sonix saves the day!

Bewertet am 8.1.2019
Filmmaker/Photojournalist & Co-owner
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We used to get a lot of transcription done on Rev, but have switched almost 100% to Sonix. It takes a bit more time making corrections, but the experience is so easy that it's totally worth it.

Vorteile: First off, the pricing can't be beat. For large volume transcription, Sonix is the best. The online editor is so easy and user friendly, by far the best I've used. The ability to download .srt files for all transcripts is a huge bonus.

Nachteile: I wish Sonix's AI could learn from its mistakes. Over hundreds of transcripts, it still can not understand our organization's name. A user dictionary or something to correct commonly misunderstood words would be a huge benefit.

Needed to write a training course, fast!

Bewertet am 11.7.2019
Dan H.
Solution Architect

Kommentare: I needed to write an end-user training class and had a very short period of time to do it. I was able to use the transcriptions from recordings of several previous training sessions to define a clear and effective outline to the course. If I had to sit and listen to all those recordings it would have taken me at least 5x as long to write the instructor manual. The cost was very reasonable considering how much time it save me.

Vorteile: The time it took to transcribe several hours of audio was incredibly fast.

Nachteile: Sometimes it struggles with accents and it was really odd how it would handle male voices differently than female voices - for example the sentence "You might have a tendency to make it last months" spoken by a male might be transcribed as 'You might have a tendency to make it last months" but for a female it would transcribe it as 'You might have a pregnancy to make it last months' - we had a bit of a laugh about that, but it probably had more to do with the speaker's accent than their gender.

Worth it!

Bewertet am 8.9.2019
Monica A.
Content Optimizer
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Love it, will continue to use and refer

Vorteile: I love how easy it is to navigate, keep organized and upload what I need. The accuracy is satisfactory and it's one of the most reasonably priced platforms- since research is a service I provide for my clients, I'm confident in knowing that this is simply THE best

Nachteile: Not a thing- infact more pros- I LOVE that they added the beta testing to transcribe straight from youtube. Makes it SO much easier when I'm transcribing for my clients- less hand-offs, less downloads on my computer. Please keep this feature.

Transcription made so much easier in a fraction of the time

Bewertet am 13.3.2019
Ray H.
Academic
Hochschulbildung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The support from the Sonix team has been excellent with solving both technical questions related to the product as well as providing advice and payment options to suit my situation as an educator. Very impressive!

Vorteile: The software is very intuitive to use and contains really helpful features like being able to review and correct details in the transcript while listening to the audio. This is the first software I have used that recognises and differentiates between multiple voices with a functional level of accuracy.

Nachteile: This hardly seems like a disadvantage however, there is an investment of time required in reviewing and correcting 'misinterpretations' of words and phrases in the produced transcript. You also need to manually give an identity to the speaker of each transcribed passage of text though this takes a fraction of the time and cost expended on manual transcription.

Not the best, but worth a try!

Bewertet am 7.5.2018
María magdalena Z.
Advisor / Consultant

Vorteile: It's an really good web editor. Innovative with SEO friendly media embeds, and provides good automated service with a nice group of editing tools.

Nachteile: Prices are high prices and its performance could be iffy, unreliable if you work with complex files.

von Sonix an 10.5.2018

Sonix works best with high quality audio. If you audio has background noise, people talking over each other, or strong accents, the resulting transcript will be affected. We published this page to help users capture clear audio: https://sonix.ai/greataudio

Amazing Transcription Software with a great price

Bewertet am 30.7.2019
Moritz H.
Unternehmensberatung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It helped to save so much time, did not expect that to happen - life saver!

Vorteile: - amazing UI
- good quality transcription for German language even though sometimes low quality recording
- easy to refine transcription manually
- great price, great bargain + you can quit monthly

Nachteile: - to be honest I expected nothing but was amazed, so cannot really say anything although there is always room for improvement like the accuracy of transcription etc.

Amazing Transcription Service-Tool

Bewertet am 28.9.2019
Tyas P.
Student
internationale Angelegenheiten, Selbstständig

Kommentare: As a student, I often do research on several topics, and I use the services provided by Sonix to get all the transcriptions for my research analysis material.

Vorteile: It's very easy to use, just by entering a few topics and keywords a very high-quality transcription will appear!

Nachteile: Sometimes transcriptions that appear repeatedly and do not fit the topic but only occur if the topic being discussed is indeed less focused and too general

Very good accuracy. Quick turnover. Easily edited. Saves hours.

Bewertet am 4.6.2018
Barret D.
Marketing Specialist

Vorteile: I love how this saves me so much time. That is the biggest benefit for me. In thirty minutes, I can do what would take me 8 hours otherwise.

Nachteile: The only thing that there is not to like is when some words don't get recognized. Understandably, it's going to miss some here and there.

Great experience using this product so far. Sonix has been reliable and accurate every time.

Bewertet am 28.10.2017
Conor L.
Doctor and Journalist
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I've been using it for recording interviews. The recording, transcribing, and editing functions are really great.

Vorteile: I love the editing function. Being able to click on a word and have the audio automatically sync with where you've clicked is a very useful feature. I also just really like the user-interface. I've been using this for journalism interviews, and it's been really reliable.

Nachteile: There were some problems with downloading the audio using a firefox browser. I couldn't get it to work. But actually this ended up being a "pro" after all, because it made me realize how awesome the support is at sonix: I emailed them about it and they got back to me with helpful feedback and worked it out right away. Great stuff.

Smart, Practical, Efficient!

Bewertet am 26.10.2017
Elina L.
Design Lead

Vorteile: Wow. I'm so impressed with this product! Since using Sonix.ai I've been able to edit audio transcriptions (for user research interviews) at lightning speed compared to traditional software. I especially love how intuitive the controls are to pick up - there was literally 0 time spent to learn it! I also really enjoy the ability to dive into the anatomy of the transcript - being able to visualize and break down the files...like automatically detect the software's confidence levels in picking up a word. Makes this an even more powerful tool. Highly recommended - this is one of my favorite arsenal of tools online!

The best transcriber I've tried

Bewertet am 29.5.2018
Lucía O.
Teacher English Foreign Language

Kommentare: I love It

Vorteile: It is really quickly for to transcribe and edit my recordings. And It does a great job, almost without mistakes. It helps me to save a lot of time

Nachteile: I really have no complaints or something bad to say about Sonix. It is very helpful in my transcriptions

Perfect help

Bewertet am 31.10.2019
Pat V.
translator/agent
Übersetzung und Lokalisierung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Better than I expected. Saved me days of laborious work.

Vorteile: It helped me subscribe hours of non-native speeches and focus groups, where x people were talking at the same time... amazing!

Nachteile: All perfect. There was nothing to complain about.

Awesome tool right from the future

Bewertet am 29.7.2019
Dmitrii S.
Head of Growth

Kommentare: Guys do their job brilliantly, I highly recommend Sonix!

Vorteile: 1) 90-95% accuracy transcribing any accents of English automatically, you almost do not need to fix mistakes, only minor ones occur.
2) Transcribes 15-minute long interviews in just 2 minutes and notifies you when done.
3) Highlights text when proofreading the transcripts, accepts changes on the fly
4) The value for money is just amazing

Nachteile: I had only positive experience with the service.

Great, easy-to-use, software that's absolutely killing the transcription game.

Bewertet am 11.5.2018
Scotty M.
Digital Marketer

Vorteile: I can edit audio but just crossing out words mid-sentence, right from my finished transcription, HOW COOL IS THAT?! Not only is Sonix changing the way we receive and edit our transcriptions, it's completely revolutionizing the way we edit audio by cutting out the middleman. A Podcaster's Dream.

Nachteile: I haven't been able to find a weakness yet. There's always going to be a bit of a shake up here and there with a computer-automated transcript, but the mistakes are small are easy to edit. No problems on my end.

Great Product

Bewertet am 13.6.2019
Francesco P.
internationale Angelegenheiten, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Easy to learn, easy to use, very useful in case of short time to elaborate documents

Nachteile: Italian language is OK, but could be better :-)

Great product and service for what I needed it for - well done

Bewertet am 27.5.2019
Amy S.
Hochschulbildung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Great overall product, would definitely recommend to all. Im only cancelling my subscription because I no longer need to transcribe stuff.

Vorteile: The ease of use and the accuracy was pretty good, despite not having the dictionary in it that I needed (but that is understandable).

Nachteile: Nothing. All I have are positive comments. My only recommendation would be to broaden the number of dictionaries you have in your library (but I also know that that is not as easy at it seems, logistics, costs, translations etc).

Powerful transcription software a normal person can use right away

Bewertet am 13.8.2019
Paul S.
Writer
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I am transcribing recorded interviews from others and putting them into a written document for relatives to read.

Vorteile: Easy to use and web site offers good help. Customer service is responsive and helpful. I don't need to use foot pedals or some other device to make use of this software. A normal person with a normal computer setup could make good use of it.

Nachteile: Seemed pricey at first for the amount I use it. But, new hourly standard plan will be perfect for individual use like mine.

An awesome DIY transcript program

Bewertet am 18.4.2019
Editor, Corporate Communications
Telekommunikation, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Transcribing podcasts for posting on the blog.

Vorteile: Sonix is one of those rare programs that works so well that I can hardly find any faults with it. It's such a great interface because not only does it turn an MP3 into words on a page, it lets you edit in real time to fix any of the expected glitches the AI missed.

Nachteile: It doesn't render all voices perfectly, requiring some manual editing. I'd be amazed if it was able to do that, but maybe as AI improves.

It is a life and time saver!

Bewertet am 8.10.2019
Ina eliza G.
Administrator
Versicherung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am really happy with it. All the tools that it offers, the good quality of the text. It does save me time and energy and nerves.

Vorteile: I like how good it transcribes! Of course, the audio has also to be of high quality. I like how it divides the speakers - well, not perfectly but it definitely saves you time.

Nachteile: What can I say, you want quality, you have to pay for it. Maybe you could find for the same price or even cheaper for somebody to do it.