Über Sonix

Transkribieren und Bearbeiten von Audio und Video ist aufwendig. Sonix macht es schnell, einfach und erschwinglich.

Erfahre mehr über Sonix

Accurate according to google's speech to text API. You can create your dictionary.

Bewertungen zu Sonix

4,9

Sonix hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 130 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Sonix bereits verwendet?

TOM
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Great tool, saved me a lot of time and money

Untertitel auf Deutsch sind im Videoplayer verfügbar
Anna-Maria
Student in Deutschland
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, Selbstständig

Um einiges akkurater als andere Dienste

Auch mit eher mittelmäßiger Audioqualität mit teilweise starkem Akzent des Sprechers war die Transkription besser, als bei anderen Diensten. Die 30 Freiminuten bei der Testversion sind fair.

Das Design der Website könnte besser sein, aber eher irrelevant.

Allison
Allison
CFO / MBA Student in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Transcription Software - High Quality, Well Priced, and Easy to Use

Kommentare: Nothing but good things to say. Highly recommend.

The initial trial (which was free and did NOT require any payment information from me in order to try it out), provided more than enough insight into the software's functionality & quality. From the first upload, Sonix provided me with the most quality transcription I'd ever seen. I've tried multiple transcription services in the past; Sonix provided quality results, has an easy to navigate platform, and seamlessly connected with Zoom (my primary method for recording conversations) - an added bonus.

One *very* minor complaint is the speed by which recording is transcribed, but for the quality it’s worth the wait. Other than that small thing, there’s really nothing I dislike about the software, but there are a couple of improvements and/or additions I’d like to see. First, a direct recording & transcription function built into the Sonix.ai platform (something like a speech to text function). This would be tremendously useful for me – especially if it extended to a mobile app and/or mobile site (to help capture those “organic” / “on the fly” conversations that happen so often throughout the day). Second (and I’m not sure this is even possible but raising it nonetheless), would be the ability to upload zoom meeting links (to have them transcribed) that I don’t own, but that I have access to.

Marco
CEO in Australien
E-Learning, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

It's so accurate, it's scary!

Kommentare: It goes beyond transcription. It actually enhances the transcripted dialogue by automatically cutting out all the repeated words as well as all the "hums" "erms" "aahs" which leaves the speaker free to talk naturally.
Also, the timestamps for the subtitles are 100% accurate. And The ability to customize pretty much anything is truly handy.
But the cherry on top of the cake is that my trial video was bilingual and the AI didn't miss a beat.
My original speech was in Portuguese with words here and there in English and despite the fact that I set up the transcription to Portuguese, all English words were transcribed correctly in English, including capitalization and THAT is waaaay beyond expected.
So, to whoever is behind the screen, nice one, people! I'm sure it was a lot of hard work but it certainly paid off. You guys have created the best product on the market by a mile.
I couldn’t recommend it more highly!

Accuracy in: Transcribing, translating into other languages, splitting subtitles.

Just not applicable. So far, it has delivered every single time.

sam
Video Editor in Kanada
Rundfunkmedien, Selbstständig

Great Product

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Automatically transcribe AND translate into different languages. Really great as a video editor working in multiple languages. Makes it so easy, not many platforms allow you to do that.

If you need to transcribe and translate a interview, for example, it costs double- first eats into your credits by transcribing in native language and then again if you choose to translate. It would be great to automatically do that function as one purchase- rather than doubling the cost.

Juliana
Transcriber in USA
Schreiben & Editieren, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Used to be good, looking for another tool

Kommentare: Now it is bad. A waste of money. I am looking for another product

Easy to load, and used to be helpful. Don't understand what changed

It used to be good until 6 months ago, now, it just sucks and has become a waste of money

Simon
Core memeber in Deutschland
Kunst & Handwerk, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent and intuitive

Kommentare: I am a member of an arts collective and we have used it for the first time to subtitle documentation from German to English. The translation is as accurate as is possible currently and then converting to subtitles is very easy. There is still editing and adjusting work to be done but the job has been vastly reduced from previous work

I am completely impressed by Sonix. It reduces the time that usually is needed for what I wanted to achieve and it made it a pleasure to work on the project.

I had no problems using Sonix, once i had worked on it, I intuitively learnt how to use the product for the project I needed to complete.

Ryan
Ryan
Founder / CEO in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Sonix Love

Kommentare: Couldn't have been easier. Once we connected our Zoom accounts, it is literally a click of a button to transcribe. We don't need every meeting transcribed but the auto transcription feature is available. Haven't really needed to contact support because it just works.

It is very easy to setup and use with our Zoom accounts. The pay-as-needed feature is perfect for us as sometimes we need it and sometimes we don't. I will spin up a zoom meeting and read a draft blog post or other content. With two clicks, have Sonix transcribe the meeting and I saved time on typing! We also have technical meetings that require specific notes from the meetings. It's nice to not have to pay a monthly or yearly subscription when we won't use it that often.

The entire setup process is very intuitive. It would be great if the transcription picked out the speaker so that when the first speaker is labeled, whenever that person speaks again, the speaker is "guessed" and I would have the ability to adjust as needed. This would save us a lot of time.

Heather
Planetarium Director in USA
Museen & Institutionen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Awesome value for money! $10 per transcription hour is perfect for our small usage.

Kommentare: They were perfectly nice to us as very small users, although it's clear that they are set up to handle much higher-capacity projects than ours! The hourly pricing made it possible to use their service at our modest level, and of course I am sharing the information with other people in my field who also need to create .srt files for their videos, so eventually we will be bringing them more business.

I love this software. It's better than any other speech-recognition software I have used, and it doesn't seem to have much trouble with technical terms, either. Plus, there's a dictionary function so you can teach it unusual terms you need it to recognize.

I would love to be able to use it offline as a downloadable program, but I guess that's not possible. Note that if you want to not pay for the minutes of "credits music" at the end, you will need to trim the end part of the soundtrack. Lead-in music you need unless you are going to go through the .srt file and time-offset everything.

Medienproduktion, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Brilliant for transcribing

Kommentare: Fabulous

Really easy to use and get great results.

I can't actually think of any problems....

Raquel
Raquel
Elite Trainer in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Do NOT use this app/website!

2,0 letzten Monat Neu

I did like that I could easily upload my coaching calls and take notes on them based off of the transcript.

Where do I start...first of all, it did not transcribe all of my calls properly and would sometimes make it look like there was just one speaker speaking in paragraphs which wasn't helpful at all. Secondly, the pricing structure is unclear and WAY too expensive for what it is. And my favorite part - when I reached out to support because I panicked when I saw what was charged to my account, they were VERY rude and antagonizing rather than just explaining to me why I was charged that amount and trying to keep me as a customer. Seriously...you guys need to hire better people because that was ridiculous.

Ines
Writer in Argentinien
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Thank you!

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Sonix is super friendly to use. It offers you great results, in a very short time

It is very expensive for a Latin person.

Computerspiele, 2–10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Sonix is a full-preview of Future Technology, it becomes really amazing to transcribe audios

Kommentare: I am a youtuber and I upload short movies based on Video Games and it generally becomes compulsory for me to give subtitles to the videos manually and Sonix works for me very well. Also, I am a part-time writer and Blogger and most of the times, it becomes boring to write those long lines and pages, here again Sonix works for me to transcribe my own recorded audio files.

I am a Game Developer and film-maker, I generally upload my game videos on YouTube and it is really very much important for me to provide subtitles on my videos but it becomes way boring to write all the subtitles when the Video is really lengthy and sometimes it also becomes impossible to write everything in time, So in this case Sonix is the best software for me to use and transcribe all my Audio and video files and get them in written formats so that I could easily check them and place them on my videos, this whole process becomes so much easy and interesting. Transcribing an audio or video file doesn't actually takes more time than expected when using Sonix and this is the best second most important point that I would prefer everyone to once give it a try as Sonix provides a 30 minute free trial for newbies and after that, it will be paid but still a convenient way. Sonix doesn't always provides 100% accuracy but still we get atleast 80-90% accuracy rate or even more but to get everything working correctly, Sonix provides a feature of doing corrections manually and when doing so, when we select a mistaken word the audio or video file continues exactly from there irrespective of where it was before. Sonix has a nice and easy to understanding interface which gives it a charm look and makes the mood of doing the work.

Though, there's nothing bad about Sonix but there could be some instances when transcribing an audio becomes hard as it becomes laggy when using a heavy audio file. Also, they should provide a longer trial duration so that newbies can learn if they should use it or not.

Danh
Co-Founder | Headshot Photographer | Media Editor in USA
Fotografie, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Works as advertised if not better

Our company was looking for a way to quickly transcribe videos accurately, effectively, and quickly as we were on a time crunch. Sonix came through in a big way. The customer service team is extremely friendly and helpful. The ease of use of the software is straightforward with no major snags that I can remember. Our team was so impressed with how quickly the transcription was done and accurately upon receiving it. Our team went through line by line to check for any inconsistencies and we could not find any. I am beyond impressed with it and can't recommend it enough.

The pricing is a bit confusing but that is a very minor issue if I can even call it that. If they could simplify it then it would be perfect. There is the monthly subscription which gives you access to the transcription services which is billed based on usage. I understand that they do this so you don't pay for a transcription service which you may not need but then you are paying for a subscription already so it would just make sense to pay once for everything. But again, this is a very minor issue that doesn't take away from the terrific service it already provides.

Curt
Personal Historian in USA
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Enormous time-saver

Kommentare: After using Sonix for over a year it is a proven, consistent help to my work.

Sonix is extremely easy to use and provides great value for the money. It speeds the time I need to handle recorded interviews. There's no comparison to what I did prior to Sonix, which was grinding it out on my computer with earbuds on.

Occasionally, but not often, it seems to crash, but no data is lost and all I have to do to fix the system is to return to home page and re-click on the recording. Takes just a few mins but can be irritating.

Devraj
CEO in Nepal
Tiefbau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Powerful AI-based transcription platform with a high level of accuracy.

Kommentare: It is easy to use and supports multiple languages. We can export it into different formats like .txt, pdf, and more according to our choice and convenience.

Sonix is cloud-based transcription software that is used by millions of people all over the world. It is a revolutionary software that can save the time and money that would have been spent on transcriptionists.

Best transcription tool for my video and it works better than youtube auto transcription.

TOM
Founder in Frankreich
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Great tool, saved me a lot of time and money

Kommentare: I really loved the tool and even used it for personal use as a language learner.
I loved that there are a lot of export features including the video player with clickable transcript

I used Sonix for a year transcribing my YouTube videos and using the API to create content from it. It's easy to use, fast and affordable

The text editing takes time and the timestamps made me crazy at times. If the language switches in the video (rare case figure for most users I admit) it gets very difficult to get both transcriptions

Dan
Solution Architect in USA
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Needed to write a training course, fast!

Kommentare: I needed to write an end-user training class and had a very short period of time to do it. I was able to use the transcriptions from recordings of several previous training sessions to define a clear and effective outline to the course. If I had to sit and listen to all those recordings it would have taken me at least 5x as long to write the instructor manual. The cost was very reasonable considering how much time it save me.

The time it took to transcribe several hours of audio was incredibly fast.

Sometimes it struggles with accents and it was really odd how it would handle male voices differently than female voices - for example the sentence "You might have a tendency to make it last months" spoken by a male might be transcribed as 'You might have a tendency to make it last months" but for a female it would transcribe it as 'You might have a pregnancy to make it last months' - we had a bit of a laugh about that, but it probably had more to do with the speaker's accent than their gender.

Marcia
PhD Student in Australien
Hochschulbildung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

PhD research interview transcription

Kommentare: A great experience. I've recommended it to all of my fellow phd students and would use it again.

It's super easy to use and picks up on different accents, which was important because my accent was different to all of my subjects.

THat I had to pay for it, but that's life ;-)

mpako
Transcriber and translator in Kamerun
Übersetzung und Lokalisierung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Transcription

Kommentare: Awesome

The product is easy to use, and I recommend it. Easy to use software

Co-owner in Bulgarien
Internet, Selbstständig

Huge time-saver for transcribing videos

Kommentare: A very straightforward and smooth process: create (trial) account -> upload video(s) -> choose the source language -> get notified by email when the transcription is ready -> easily edit while quickly navigating in the video / or script -> download.

Upload a video. Wait a tiny bit for the magic to happen. And there it is: a rough transcript of the video which you can easily adapt in user friendly interface. The level of transcription is highly accurate, but of course depends on the quality of the sound. And let's not forget, about the pronunciation of the persons talking. The option to download as doc, srt and other formats makes the rest of the editing flow even faster. Transcribing video to text could not be more convenient.

Nor remarks, I did not encounter any disadvantage or flaw.

Barret
Marketing Specialist in USA

Very good accuracy. Quick turnover. Easily edited. Saves hours.

I love how this saves me so much time. That is the biggest benefit for me. In thirty minutes, I can do what would take me 8 hours otherwise.

The only thing that there is not to like is when some words don't get recognized. Understandably, it's going to miss some here and there.

Conor
Doctor and Journalist in Kanada
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Great experience using this product so far. Sonix has been reliable and accurate every time.

Kommentare: I've been using it for recording interviews. The recording, transcribing, and editing functions are really great.

I love the editing function. Being able to click on a word and have the audio automatically sync with where you've clicked is a very useful feature. I also just really like the user-interface. I've been using this for journalism interviews, and it's been really reliable.

There were some problems with downloading the audio using a firefox browser. I couldn't get it to work. But actually this ended up being a "pro" after all, because it made me realize how awesome the support is at sonix: I emailed them about it and they got back to me with helpful feedback and worked it out right away. Great stuff.

Annie
Director in Neuseeland
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Awesome, Great Software

Kommentare: Awesome

Accuracy, ease of use. Great editing software.

Everything was great. My ease of using this software was great.

Sebastien
Lead Scientist in Vietnam
Marketing & Werbung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Super impressive software!

Kommentare: I was impressed. Blown away. The transcription (which is the most annoying thing to do manually) works like a charm. The user interface is perfect. It saved me so much time and boring work! Highly recommended.

The transcription while not perfect is excellent. The very few mistakes are easy to fix and some would have been made by a human anyway. The user interface is truly great. Super easy to use. Very clear. It helps you edit your transcription so fast.

The speech is not so well split. Sentences can be split in the middle and paragraphs could be grouped better. If you want to have subtitles, they offer an automated mode, but I preferred to split the text myself to get better results.

Hens
Freelance audio producer in Niederlande
Medienproduktion, Selbstständig

My number one option for audio to text

Kommentare: A+++++ perfect

What's not to like? Pricing is good, output is fantastic (given my awful input files), the speed of transcription is fantastic. Being able to change input timecode saved my day. Output to PDF. Perfect.

A hundred years from now, language recognition will probably have improved a bit, but technology isn't there yet so I can't expect Sonix to be way ahead in the game compared to others. That said, I tried a few services and Sonix stood out as the best.