Great software, easy to configure and use. A lot of value for the money.

Bewertet am 1.11.2017
Randy R.
IT Manager
Automotive

Vorteile: We have been an ACOM Solutions customer for almost 15 years. The software is easy to configure and use, especially with their newly improved EZDesigner Pro GUI software for Windows. The designer is intuitive and easy to learn. We are able to design forms and invoices quickly since the designer is WYSIWYG. (what you see is what you get). We use dozens of forms here at our company and we use ACOM's EzEmail module to deliver over 3,000 emails a day to our customers. These emails contain order acknowledgements and invoices at shipping time to keep our customers updated during the order fulfillment life cycle. We were able to deploy these functions in EzEmail in just a few hours.

Nachteile: The only complaint I can come up with is, I wish there was a better search function when working with emails. On rare occasions, someone will need an email resent and it's difficult to find the original email to queue up for resend. It would be handy to be able to search for wildcards in the subjects of the email. ACOM releases patches and enhancements to their software frequently, so I am hoping improved searching will be coming out in the near future. Otherwise I can't think of anything else negative to say about EzEmail and all of their other modules.

Easy to use, flexible, and great customer support

Bewertet am 13.4.2018
Max E.
Corporate I/S Manager
Druck, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Emailing forms with overlays, easy to create overlays.

Vorteile: We purchased this software to replace another package we were using for our forms overlays. The graphic designer made laying out the overlays very easy. One things we wanted to do was to be able to email the forms that had overlays and this product did that. In addition we can modify the overlays via green screen or the graphic designer which is very useful. We also purchased the add on modules to do emailing of the form as well as create PDF's. EZeDocs is very powerful and we found new ways to use it that were not aware it could do. For example I was looking for a way to monitor an output queue for a spool file with a specific formtype and then send the spool file in PDF to the IFS. EZeDocs made that a snap and I had it running it less than 10 minutes. Support on the product is fantastic and their support people get back to you right away.

Nachteile: Because the product can do so much, sometimes you can get lost understanding how to make something happen. For example we had a multi-page form and it took us sometime to figure out all the nuisances to make that work. I would like to see a better tutorial that gives examples of simple form overlays to more complex ones.

Software has been reliable and worked as advertised

Bewertet am 16.11.2017
Bill H.
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: We have been using Acom software since 2006 for payroll and finance checks, PO's, employee contracts, W2's, and 1099's. Since most of these forms only change occasionally, we are not required to use the software on a regular basis. Even so, the GUI designer is easy enough to use that there is no "re-learning" curve. Earlier this year we bought the EzEmail product to begin emailing purchase orders to vendors instead of mailing hard copies. Our process is a bit complex, but Acom's support folks were readily available and helped us make the necessary modifications. We have experienced almost zero issues since we went live, way less issues than I expected.

Nachteile: My biggest complaint: When first installed, we were charged a single annual maintenance fee even though we had the software installed on our test and production machines. At some point several years ago, Acom began charging the fee for each installed partition. To avoid the double fee, we removed the software from our test box. I realize that this is probably pretty standard, but it makes it a hassle when we want to test a change to a form as we are now required to obtain a temporary license from Acom to use the software on our test box. Regarding actually using the software, what I like least is the inherit cryptic commands when using it on the iSeries. Our most recent experience was with the EzEmail product, and setting up the conditions for emailing our PO's was quite challenging. Although I have detailed notes and screen shots, any modifications to the conditions will again be challenging.

Overall my experience with ACOM is good and I've had positive results

Bewertet am 19.10.2017
Robert D.
Buyer
Lebensmittelproduktion, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Ease of invoice approval by multiple people in our organization. The ability to visually see an invoice that enters our AP software.

Vorteile: Ease of use, search features, minimal amount of down time problems. The ability to make certain changes such as PO number after an invoice is approved is a plus. Being able to use multiple criteria options in the search function makes finding invoices and / or PO's very easy. Seeing all of the approval process when checking on an invoice helps in determining where in the approval process an invoice is.

Nachteile: Not being able to index by multiple columns, ie by date and invoice number or date and location can sometimes be a problem. There are times that I need to search for a range of invoices over a specific period of time and then want this sorted by the date of the invoice and the location and I am not able to do this. Also having a feature to export all of the invoices in a specific sort to Excel would be a nice feature to have. There are times that I need a total amount of expenses on a PO for a location and I have to copy and past the data into Excel so I can have Excel sort by the PO number and give me a subtotal for each PO. Have an export function would make this easier to do.

We have been using ACOM for over 10 years and have been pleased with both the product and support.

Bewertet am 9.11.2017
Paul D.
Application Lead
Bankwesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Time saved using the automated parts of the software and money saved as well when using the email function to send reports to customers.

Vorteile: The biggest pro is that the product is very easy to use and most functions can be started using the documentation. When there are issues, the support staff have been great to work with. I also love the flexibility to move information around when needed. We are a multi-bank company and sometimes the information received from our core system is different from bank to bank. Acom allows us to compensate for those differences so the customer is getting the same finished product regardless of which bank they deal with. We also have used the check printing software and hardware that has made getting checks printed and sent out to customers very easily and also use the email feature for some of our documents helping us reduce printing costs. All products have been great and easy to use.

Nachteile: I have had some issues with the EZ designer product. At times when i edit an existing form and send back to the AS400, it puts extra spaces between some of the words.

Everyone I have talked to at ACOM has been easy to work with. The software does it's job

Bewertet am 24.10.2017
Troy P.
IT Director
Automotive, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Creation of forms and PDF documents

Vorteile: Your customer service department is one of my favorite to call. They take their time to answer all of my questions. They have never made me feel like the questions I have are wasting their time. Thanks you. The software is fairly simple to use forms are easy to create. EzDesigner Pro does a great job of duplicating what is printed and works well.

Nachteile: My biggest complaint would be when I was required to buy EZDesigner Pro while paying maintenance on the previous version. I think that should have been an upgrade on maintenance not a repurchase. As for the ezDoc software, the most helpful change would be the ability to start print spools from a specific page #. One of my most common examples would be when we are printing a group of forms/checks and we have a printer issue I must restart from the beginning each time. A few weeks ago I printed 140 check 4 times just to get the last 10. Also it would be nice if I could create files in the Tiff format, my need for this may be going away.

Our company have been using many of ACOM products and we are very happy with the results.

Steven C.
Director of IT
Groߟhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The software fulfilled the Business requirements for our company.

Vorteile: The products are easy to use and learn therefore training our IT team is always achieved.
The number one quality ACOM has brought to our company is the outstanding support team. Especially the team leader which have not only treated each incident with the utmost attention but also displayed vast technical knowledge. On numerous occasions I have the privilege to work with him to resolve complex business requirements by contacting him which there were always time for our IT team. ACOM professional service is also an option for us to fast path some of our business requirements.

Nachteile: With one incident the ACOM software showed some incomparability when we upgraded our operating system which was a big headache but eventually resolved with the ACOM support team.
The Dashboard page of the ACOM software showed some malfunctions which continue to exist.
There may be a patch/fix for this but we have never applied.

Great customer support experience

Bewertet am 8.12.2017
Gwen P.
Senior Programmer/Analyst
10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We save on having to have pre-printed checks and forms.

Vorteile: This software handles all of our forms and check printing needs. It is all customizable and easy to change a form or check when necessary. However, the thing I like the most is the customer support. They are great to work with, professional and very knowledgeable.

Nachteile: Well, I really have to search for an answer to this but I guess I'd have to answer that if you are not trained on the system (I know bits and pieces, but I am not the administrator) it's not entirely intuitive when you have a problem with having to re-print something or you're having trouble with a printer. It always seems to be that whenever the Administrator who knows the system like the back of his hand, is out on vacation; there's a problem with a printer jam or hardware issue and I have to figure out what to do to recover the printing of a form or a check run. However, that being said, their customer support is always ready to help when you need it.

We have been very happy with AP automation for the last 10 years. It was easy to setup and use.

Bewertet am 12.1.2018
Paul D.
Application Lead

Vorteile: We are a company that has 10 subsidiaries and what we liked best was the ability to use a different checkbook for each entity. This allows us to keep track of what we re printing for each and to allocate costs accordingly. AP automation was easy to set up and we have not had any issues to with the software in the ten years we have been using the product. I also love the audit log. It helps us ensure that all check printing is legitimate and protects us from any possibility of fraud. The reprint function, in case of any hardware issues, is another tool that has saved us time and is also very easy to use.

Nachteile: When reprinting the checks, it would be nice to also have the option the reprint the whole file as opposed to having to select each individual check. While it is nice to print individual checks, sometimes you need to reprint the whole file, usually when there is an issue with the MICR cartridge.

We have been using the ACOM EZPrint software for 10+ years. Very low maintenance system.

Bewertet am 24.10.2017
Tony D.
Systems Developer

Vorteile: The system was already in place when I started with the company 12 years ago so I wasn't involved with the initial setup of the software package. It is one of the lowest maintenance software packages that we have. The only times I have to do anything is to change the signatures on the checks or perhaps change the 1099 forms. I don't have to do anything for the normal day to day operations that use the EZPrint application.

Nachteile: Since we upgraded software a few years ago I haven't had to make any changes to any checks or forms but the last upgrade changed the way we have to do our changes. It was switching to a more online system for changes so I have zero experience doing that. So when we do need to change the forms I know I'll have to contact the ACOM help desk to go thru the change process. Some type of online training would be very helpful in this regard and I haven't seen anything from ACOM about that.

My experience with ACOM has been great overall. Designer is simple and support is excellent.

Bewertet am 20.11.2017
Josh F.
I.T. Manager

Kommentare: Easily the best forms package for the IBMI I've used. Simple form design and management with enough power to handle a lot of specialized tasks.

Vorteile: The EZDesigner interface makes forms design simple but the product also allows me to use the original green screen interface to manage quick form edits. The product is very full featured and integrates easily with my OS400 based applications. I've had trouble creating very specialized functions on a few of my forms but the support staff has always quickly assisted me in finding a solution to fit my needs.

Nachteile: I've used other forms design packages in the past and I can honestly say that there aren't many cons. The address book maintenance functions seem to be green screen only and are a little clunky. Some of the other special function setup is also green screen only.

ACOM has helped us completely streamline our Receiving / Invoice Approval / AP Process

Vonda H.
Inventory Control Lead

Vorteile: ACOM has helped us streamline our receiving process so that our inventory levels at our multiple locations are updated much more quickly and efficiently.
Our system is now almost completely paperless.
Its very easy to look up and review documents from months or weeks ago.
All of our receivers and invoices are stored conveniently in one location.
Invoices from vendors can be uploaded to the system immediately from emailed documents. Everyone in the company now has access to look up and research past receipts and invoices.
We can keep track easily of invoices waiting to be approved for payment.
ACOM has been extremely helpful and responsive in helping us customize the software to work with our business.
Customer service and the response is outstanding.

It started out as a good product but has become better and better with the last few upgrades.

Bewertet am 30.11.2017
Saronda W.
Business Systems Analyst

Kommentare: Being able to create checks immediately to replace lost checks from our weekly payroll process and requests from Human Resources.

Vorteile: I like the ability to create and review checks with ease. The process of having ACOM make logo and signature modifications to our checks has become faster and more efficient with the latest upgrades, which is important with a company of our size . The Positive Pay module is great, as it has enabled us to reduce the risk of fraud at the bank.

Nachteile: The only con that I had, which has now been resolved with the latest upgrade, was the long response time it took when performing tasks, especially editing a checkbook. We're happy campers now.

This has been a long process. We have had to have several changes to make the program work for us.

Bewertet am 6.12.2017
Amber B.
Staff Accountant

Vorteile: With having 2 offices and being 2 hours apart this software has helped with the amount of invoices that we have to mail back and forth or email back and forth to get approvals. It is nice that invoices are now available to easily access for approvers even after the invoices have been paid. The software has helped cut down on the amount of paper we use and the amount of printing we have to do. One of the customer rep has been great, anytime we have needed something he has been readily available and if he was not going to be available, he made sure to let us know.

Nachteile: For the entire process to work, there are several pieces of software that our ap clerks have to access which causes a lot of confusion. There are a TON of steps and they have complained about the number of clicks they have to do to complete an invoice. I feel like there are several normal accounting practices that we had to have, the customer rep change the program to make work for. We have had to have about 4 different workflows created since the beginning, it doesn't seem to be an easy way to make changes to the workflows. Sometimes I feel like we will never be independent with this software, although it has been getting better. Our approvers have also complained about the number of clicks they have to see all the pieces (PO, invoice, and packing slip) we had to have a custom button/view built so that approvers only have to click on the button and see all the pieces, which they now love. This should be standard! I feel as if this software would be better suited for a smaller company, the Iowa Select has too many invoices and too many approvers for what this software was originally designed. I would have given more stars if the program started out what it is now after we had the customer rep make all the changes.

Great . We would not have had ACH payments as fast as we did with this software.

Bewertet am 23.2.2018
Jimmy B.
Senior Application Developer
Automotive, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: ACH payments, check printing, email remittance, they also built custom process for us for the bank file.

Vorteile: Works with no issues. We had custom development and they were great to work with. The ACH works great and printing of checks works very well. Was able to move to standard forms and not preprinted checks any more. Check printing has been reduced by 85% due to ACH payments. The software is saving us money. The email remittance is also a plus.

Nachteile: We had to write some programs to move files around on our own from ACOM to our Corporate systems. That was not major problem and that has been working with no issues also.

My company has used ACOM for AP automation for at least 12 years. It's been a big help.

Bewertet am 13.10.2017
Senior Programmer/Analyst
1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The software is easy to implement and use. Of particular importance to us has been the guarantee that the plain paper checks will be acceptable to any bank. We had to have their assistance one time with one bank and the outcome was what we wanted - they accepted our checks. Support for the product has been great over the years but it's not often that we need to use it, another good thing.

Nachteile: The Webview product has on occasion scrambled a PC as it makes environment variable entries. It's a nuisance but now that I know it can happen I'm careful when I do a Java update (Webview uses Apache Tomcat).

The application is working great for us. It allows us to enforce/track our AP approval workflow

Bewertet am 10.11.2017
Business Systems Consultant

Kommentare: Saves staff time for processing AP invoices for payment. Ensures/enforces that approval workflow is being followed. Support for the product has been over the top.

Vorteile: Allows us to easily enforce our AP invoice approval workflow. It's easy to change when approver employees are replaced and it can easily be customized to meet our approval requirements, even at the GL account level. Product support is excellent. Very responsive.

Nachteile: It takes some time to become familiar with the administrative and troubleshooting side of the product. However, ACOM provides excellent support and gets back to us quickly for assistance.

Acom EZPay is integrated with the Sungard program that we use for a/p to produce cheques.

Bewertet am 23.10.2017
Kari C.
Accounts Payable

Vorteile: Although I am not "administrator", it seems that it is easy to manage when it comes to changing signatures around. The manual cheque process is a breeze and comes in handy when there is a rush payment required.

Nachteile: I don't like the cost to replace the USB drive when new/different signatures are needed or the length of time it takes to get a new one due to ACOM's location. Our company has gone through many changes in signatories in the past several years and many times we have had to hold off issuing payments while awaiting a new USB. I realize this is out of ACOM's control.

My experience with Alex has always been positive and helpful with any questions or problems I had!

Emily G.
AP Analyst
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Quicker payment processes, AP research has become easier, timeliness of invoice processing has improved.

Vorteile: I like how it tracks the different stages of an invoice and who it sits with. This is very helpful because we always have questions about the stages of the invoices and where they are in the system. I also like how you can see when an invoice is past due and when it was exported. This makes payment research easier as well. The process of removing an invoice from the Acom system is also fairly simple with few steps which speeds up processing time.

Nachteile: There have been occasions when invoices have gotten lost in the system and not exported however we were unaware. This has been my only true negative experience with the Acom system.

If work with Zachary Pitts a couple of times and everytime he has been very helpful.

Bewertet am 3.11.2017
Jesus V.
Sr. Programmer Analyst

Vorteile: We use only the forms product and it has worked from day one with no issues even after Zachary did the upgrade everything worked fine from the start.

Nachteile: No much here to say. It works great for us. Like I said with the Pros these has work since we install it and it has not given us any problems. Zachary is always very helpful when I reach out to him and get a quick response. So I would recommend this product to others which I have done several times. Maybe in the future we may look to use some of the other features that ACOM offers, but for now this has been the best .

Easy to use

Bewertet am 9.11.2017
Andy M.
CIO
Möbel, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I don't use it daily - but from what I hear it's flexible in the sense you can use it from our ERP, or we can use the standard web based front end without having to go through the ERP. Additionally it's very straight forward - and requires very little training during on-boarding.

Vorteile: Simple interface; yet powerful for most end users. Single sign on through Sage makes it less to manage as well.

Nachteile: Could use a more modern/updated face lift for the front end GUI that the end users. Would like to see an easy way to import things in bulk - without having to add through the front end GUI in order to associate it to a sales order.

They have the best customer support bar-none; I love the GUI interface & still love the Green Screen

Bewertet am 18.10.2017
Connie C.
Senior iSeries Developer/Analyst
Programmentwicklung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great Checks & Forms for my 110 customers for their Vehicle Auctions, with easy design & interface to our software & data.

Vorteile: That is versatile and each of my 110 customers can have different designs, printing options, and the customer support is fantastic in case I run into issues with anything.

Nachteile: That I don't know enough about how sets & groups work, which is because I don't have time to research/learn it. I also (as a senior iSeries Developer myself) get lost trying to figure out ACOM error messages/figuring out program messages because ACOM doesn't create job logs as a general rule.

There may be some things that could be improved on but overall I think the program is top notched!

Melba W.
EZCM Lead
Verbraucherdienste, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Saves time and man power on matching Invoices to Purchases Orders, Sends duplicates to a specific place to be reviewed.. Creates an accountability log of users.. Keeps entries in order of alphabetically and numerical.. Keeps track of distributions for specific entries..

Vorteile: The ease of linking to our other software.. This is a vital part of our work flow, connecting an invoice to a purchase order... Much more efficient than a manual entry..

Nachteile: The speed in which it operates... It's fast, but we do live in the microwave age... Also I understand there are things that can be done to increase the speed...

Both maintain and use this software for forms and email

Bewertet am 27.4.2018
Sr. Business Analyst
Lebensmittelproduktion, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It performed well for our environment and was fairly transparent to the users.

Vorteile: Handles system reports easily after initial set up. We have only used this on an iSeries so I'm not sure how it would work in other environments. The set up can be a little confusing when laying out a form. The email portion gives some good basic functionality.

Nachteile: We were not able to use the client software for developing our forms. This is not a fault of the software but our internal resources. What this required was going through the older interface to create the forms.

My experience with the software overall has been good.. With customer support have extremely good

Bewertet am 18.10.2017
Angella L.
Systems Analyst

Vorteile: The capability to move things around and align/adjust the placement of data on the from based on our needs is definitely a plus
The ability to create copies of the main form and tailor the form to meet the needs of our internal customer so the form is not a cookie cutter is also a plus for this software

Nachteile: Making changes to the form is not very easy. It is difficult to determine where the output would be on the form. For instance making changes on the HTEXT or TEXT line and figuring out the across and down number, is not easy.