Windscribe is THE best VPN, hands down, no question

Bewertet am 28.1.2019
Topik ..
Developer
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Windscribe has never let me down. It is a great VPN that everybody should be using.

Vorteile: In short, speed, reliability, safety, generosity, and convenience. If you would like to know why, keep reading.
When it comes to speed, Windscribe is a cheetah racing deer. Windscribe delivers the fastest speeds compared to the competition. Before Windscribe, I hesitated to use VPNs at all due to how much it slowed down my connection. You either had to sacrifice security or speed. With Windscribe, no sacrifices are needed. Not even to your wallet. If you don’t use VPNs much or don’t want to spend money on a VPN, Windscribe’s free tier works amazingly great. With the free tier alone, you get a good amount of locations at a fast speed with a 15GB per month cap. If you upgrade, you unlock even faster speeds and a total of 57 locations. Giving away such a great free tier really shows what Windscribe is all about. One of the most unique aspects of Windscribe is it’s generous referral system. If you refer a friend to Windscribe using your affiliate link, you and your friend both get an extra gigabyte added to your monthly plan. The best part is, if your friend decides to get Windscribe Pro, you also get it. And that counts for anybody that you invite. If they upgrade to Pro, you get the exact same plan for the exact same time. No charge to you. Seems great, right? Well, there’s one more thing. If you have lots of computers and not a lot of money, you can upgrade your account by mining Monero. The more you mine, the more credits you get. Once you hit a certain n

Nachteile: I really am a happy customer with Windscribe. To this day, I haven't had any issues at all.

I use Windscribe VPN for a long time and this program has proven to be on the good side.

Bewertet am 22.3.2018
Yury K.

Kommentare: This VPN allows you to use the Internet without worrying that the data can get to the provider. It will easily unlock websites blocked in the country, as well as allow to use services unavailable in the country. All servers support anonymous torrent download and nobody will know about it.
If you want to access is banned in your region site to block tracking activity and make sure that your actions are not logged by the ISP, then VPN Windscribe is a great choice. Windscribe VPN has a high level of protection and is easy to use.

Vorteile: Windscribe VPN is a secure VPN service designed for anonymous surfing on the web and circumventing regional restrictions when visiting blocked sites and allows you to absolutely anonymously visit pages on the Internet without the risk of tracking advertising modules.
Windscribe VPN has an easy to use VPN client, convenient, modern and intuitive interface.
In the desktop application developed built-in feature of the firewall that allow you to disable all connections that are established not through the VPN. Thus, Windscribe VPN provides an extra layer of protection, preventing leakage of your real IP address.
The program offers three different connection modes that use different ports to circumvent any limitations of your Internet service providers.
Windscribe VPN does not store any logs about the connection.
Connection of the selected server takes a few seconds. There is a browser extension for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Opera, which allows you to hide information about your browser, remove ads from the site, remove social buttons, remove tracking on sites and so on.
If necessary, you can create secure links.
I like that they have servers in many countries of the world, and even in Libya.
Windscribe VPN is a cross-platform service for computers, browsers, mobile phones, TV, routers, NAS and torrent clients
Windscribe VPN has an unlimited number of connections and you can use one account for all family members.

Nachteile: When installing simultaneous connections from two locations can seriously slow down the speed of the Internet.
Sometimes, when you disable the service, my real IP address is not restored for some time, even after the restart. Shows the subsidiary provider. We have to wait a while.
The big cost of a lifetime license.

The best vpn

Bewertet am 9.10.2019
Marketing specialist
Internet, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I feel safer when using Windscribe to search on the internet. It is easy to use and I don’t need to lose time on setups.

Vorteile: It is easy to use. There is a little humor on the communications. Set up an account is easy. You can use any of the standard plans or build your own custom plan - depending on what you need, it could be really cheap.

Nachteile: Really don’t see any cons in this software. Although I guess the iPhone app could be improved, sometimes it crashes. But for desktop computers, Windscribe is great.

The true anonymity

Bewertet am 14.10.2019
Eduardo C.
Shopping cart creator
Paket- & Frachtlieferung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have a very positive experience with windscribe. Being able to access different IP addresses allows me to get better purchase prices for my clients. In addition, it allows me to enter pages that are normally blocked. I must emphasize that the connection speed is very good.

Vorteile: It is an effective software, change your ip address instantly without generating connection problems. It has a wide range of geographical addresses which has helped me greatly in my work to get the best prices and products for my clients. The customer service is immediate and at the request of a new address act quickly

Nachteile: More than a counter, I consider it a point to improve. Even, I consider it a kind of utopia for this type of software. In my personal experience, I would like that Windscribe can be anchored to several browsers, including browser windows, and that in each one it can offer a different ip address. This would improve my times incredibly.

Be anonymous, hide ad's and browse safely.

Bewertet am 14.9.2018
Debjit B.
Freelancer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I love the idea of anonymously and ads blocker in one package, it stops ads before it loads and saves you bandwidth cost. It doesn't need any special configuration and has an android app, which includes with your account costs, so you can secure your pc and your phone at same time. It helps to hide your true identity and give flexibility of going anonymous with one click.

Vorteile: f you are fade up with ads and cookies are hunting you then this VPN and Ads blocker will help you a lot. I use it to purchase and hide from local firewall. It is really when you found you cannot access your own account in file storage website which you used to share big files, even it is your own created/shot videos. I use this VPN to bypass this awkward situation and access my files. It does not keeps track of my browser's history and give the anonymity. Even when I shop online websites track me and show me different prices for different places. The adblocker works fine all ads on video site is blocked and I can see any video without any ads.

Nachteile: It sometimes lags very much and doesn't load at peak time. When changing the server on the fly sometimes it stops working and needs to be restart and breaks all my connections.

Easy to Use VPN Service with Vast Amount of Servers

Bewertet am 29.8.2019
Front End Developer

Vorteile: With security being of our top priorities in our office, we have Windscribe installed on each one of our office computers. While it would be reasonable to think that any VPN would have a massive effect on the connection quality to our computers, with Windscribe that effect is minimal to non-existent. They have an extensive server farm that ensures that regardless of your location, you will be able to connect to a server that is within a short distance, especially in the United States.

Nachteile: One thing that can be frustrating at times, is the feature on the software that is supposed to connect your device to the closest possible server. This feature, at times, can fail to connect to the closest server but this typically happens when using a mobile device that is consistently connecting to different cell towers. While the effect of connecting to a slightly further server is small, it can get quite annoying to have to manually select the best server location.

My favortie VPN on the list

Bewertet am 28.10.2019
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Simply awesome the ui is good, the connection is fast, the speed is top notch, plenty of locations to choose from, etc just say a nice location they don't have in thier list but on top of all the support is outstanding.

Vorteile: Seriously, there is not even a function i can say i don't like or don't use, there is ROBERT and autopilot that can connect to a nearest server with best connectivity in real time, manual server selection is so wide sometimes i feel its much more advanced then any other VPN services out there. Been using it since 2 years with no complaints so far better then any other i have used till now.

Nachteile: nothing, simply there is nothing i don't like, but if i have to say i would say its much more advanced and much more useful then its competitors sometime its feel like ruling and not giving them any chance to grow at all.

Excellent software to stay anonymous

Bewertet am 19.9.2019
Danny V.
Business administrator
Internet, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The experience I've had with windscribe has been positive, my privacy is always protected and I can connect to public Wi-Fi without having to be afraid of hackers. Now I can visit web pages that are blocked in my country and without noticeably slowing down the browsing speed. As the Pro plan is quite accessible, I was able to hire it and benefit from all the tools offered by Windscribe.

Vorteile: Windscribe has many features that I like, for example, it offers a free plan for new users where you can surf the internet up to 10 Gb of data monthly and with access to 11 countries. As I have the Pro plan (which is quite economical), I can surf the internet safely and unlimitedly, I can connect to more than 60 countries and the speed is really good. Security is strict, I can use Windscribe on my cell phone and also on my laptop simultaneously, that way I am protected from hackers that can steal information. Its interface is excellent very intuitive and easy to understand and the technical support always respond quickly when I have a problem. Without a doubt, a real wonder.

Nachteile: Windscribe works perfectly, I just wish it had more Latin countries, such as Peru, Ecuador, Venezuela and Panama, since it has very few.

Anonymize your web browsing.

Bewertet am 21.2.2019
Marie W.
Communications Writer en magazine
Schreiben & Editieren, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: 1.- Windscribe has multiplatform support, so it can be used in Windows, Mac, Linux. It also has a plugin for web browsers (chrome and firefox).
2.- The installation and use is quite simple. In my case, I use the firefox pluggin, to install it the same process is done with any add-on (you just have to allow the installation in firefox and that's it), and for your use you just have to click on its icon and move a button to the option "on" and you will be navigating safely. In the case of the windows application, you only have to install it in a habitaul way and you are ready to use it.
3.- By using Windscribe you protect your credentials, so you do not give any information on the web, preventing them from easily tracking and obbtangan your browsing history, real ip and other data.
4 .- effectively blocks annoying ads (typical popup automatic) that only hinder navigation on the web.
5.- the connection speed that winscribe offers is really very good, you will hardly notice that you are using proxy since you can download files and surf the web comfortably.

Nachteile: So far I have not had any problem or difficulty with windscribe, since your app works smoothly. Perhaps the only bad thing is that there are hours of the day where the connection declines and becomes slower, but as a result the connection works very well (although it will always depend on the server you use and the web pages you visit).

VPN service with good browsing speed.

Bewertet am 28.7.2019
Carl G.
Community Manager
Telekommunikation, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Excellent software to have more freedom and protection when we are on the Internet. It is effective to avoid the cookies that our metadata and spam collect.

Vorteile: Internet browsing speed is fast on the main servers offered by Windscribe. It works smoothly when unlocking pages that have streaming subscription.

Nachteile: In recent months we have experienced drops in the connection that last more than 24 hours. The support service takes many hours to respond. The location of some countries does not match the address and IP indicated by Windscribe.

von Windscribe an 30.7.2019

How these geo-location sites work is they have a database of IP addresses that map to locations. Many of these "ip checker websites" have very outdated databases, so it may still be showing IP location from many years ago. IPs get transferred from host to host all the time, so the IP of that particular server must have been in the detected country in the past.

Our servers are physically in locations that they are claimed to be in, you can verify this empirically by performing a traceroute to the server itself.

"Drops in connection" relate to your ISP. All VPN servers are independent, if one goes down there are others to pick up the slack.

Windscribe is an affordable, powerful VPN for safe, anonymous browsing!

Bewertet am 9.10.2018
Tim P.
IT Technician
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall this is a solid, powerful VPN that has a lot of great features for a fraction of the price of most other VPN clients. If you can get a subscription on sale, it's an even better value. I definitely recommend Windscribe!

Vorteile: I managed to get a lifetime subscription on sale for this software, so I like the price for the features this software offers! This VPN is easy to install and use, and Windscribe doesn't keep logs so I don't have to worry about my browsing information being shared by others. It offers many different VPN connections so you can adjust as needed, should one of the connections be slow.

Nachteile: The only downside of this software is the frequent updates it needs, but it's more of an annoyance than a flaw. My lifetime subscription also requires that I log into the website every 10 years or so to keep it active, but that's another minor annoyance.

Worth every penny

Bewertet am 20.7.2019
Ltd hunter G.
Onlinemedien, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Extremely satisfied with the purchase. Use it every day on every device.

Vorteile: Never disconnect, unlike many other VPN providers. Super fast to connect and disconnect. Affordable. Compatible with Chrome OS which is a huge plus because not many VPN apps support Chrome OS.

Nachteile: I can't think of many cons. Maybe at the very beginning, I was having some issues installing the client on my Windows PC but that was because I had another tap software which conflicted with Windscribe. So my advice is to uninstall any other VPN before installing Windscribe.

A very fast VPN

Bewertet am 17.9.2019
Orlando B.
Business administrator
Internet, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have been using Windscribe for 2 years and it has worked perfectly. I have the Pro version and that way I can surf the internet safely and unlimitedly. The cost of membership is very economical and if I pay the annual plan I get much cheaper.

Vorteile: I like several things about Windscribe. First, I can use it for free. It's really good because it hides the IP perfectly and allows me to enter pages that have restrictions for my country. In addition, security matters a lot to me and with Windscribe I feel protected and I can also use it on my cell phone. As for the connection, Windscribe is very fast, I can connect to the server you want in a few seconds. The cost of the monthly membership has an affordable price. I really like its interface too.

Nachteile: I would like it to have more Latin countries, such as Peru, Venezuela, Chile, Ecuador, Costa Rica, Honduras, etc. Everything else is excellent.

Securely surf the net even in repressive areas

Bewertet am 6.8.2019
General Manager

Vorteile: It works even in regions where VPNs don't, I was in an asian country that has this thing against VPNs and it was just working, was in Zimbabwe and social networks and VPNs were once blocked and it was still working so that's definitely great
Their free data is great and the unlimited data is much better
It's still just as fast unlik some connections that slow down when it's vpn
No configuration hassles just username and password and you good to go
This is besides the point but I like the memes they send in their emails lol

Nachteile: At time the firewall the blocks traffic can just turn on while I'm not connected and I can spend a bit of time not knowing why my browser keeps saying Blocked Access
My PC would crash when I'd turn it on, on a network with Sophos equipment, I don't know why... maybe it was a Wifi drivers thing also.

If you are on a data cap, expect to have them reset it early

Bewertet am 3.2.2019
Dean of the R365 Academy

Vorteile: Windscribe provides decent VPN speeds and an easy to use Mac OS widget. They claim to keep no logs, but I haven't researched heavily into their log retention policies and practices. If you refer friends, they will increase the data cap that you currently have (if you are not unlimited)

Nachteile: For data cap plans, they often reset the data counter well before the end of the month (sometimes 5 days before). This is a bummer if you were planning on utilizing the remaining data in your cap space the last 5 days of the month only to find that you are now reducing the next months data. Additionally, they are located in California, USA, which can be a cause for concern for privacy minded individuals.

von Windscribe an 4.2.2019

We are not based in California, we're in Toronto, Canada.

As for the caps, you can always upgrade to a paid plan, which has no caps.

Windscribe Is Amazing

Bewertet am 19.5.2019
Zachary V.
IT Technician
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Ive been using windscribe on all of my devices for almost 2 years now and overall am very satisfied. It is actually the one vpn i always select over the competition.

Vorteile: The ease of setup and regular use was EXTREMELY user friendly. Great pricing. Awesome speed.

Nachteile: Could use more servers. Needs better affiliate program.

Excellent VPN both for Desktop and Mobile

Bewertet am 10.9.2019
Rob O.
Therapist
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It allows me to work worry-free from coffee shops and on shared WiFi, safe in the knowledge that my information is secure and not being snooped on. It's fantastic in that respect, and I trust it.

Vorteile: I was pleased to learn that I didn't have to register any personal information with Windscribe when I signed up for this VPN. The connection is fast and reliable, and I really like the Firewall feature will means that (when turned on), my device is not going to connect to the Internet without the VPN protection.

Nachteile: When I take a break from work I like to catch up with the news on BBC iPlayer. Unfortunately, Windscribe doesn't always reliably connect to BBC iPlayer, and I get the 'content is not available in your location' message. Often, disconnecting and reconnecting the VPN works, but this can be frustrating.

Windscribe

Bewertet am 26.4.2019
Damilola M.

Vorteile: I first saw windscribe vpn on a friend's phone he explained he had being using it for a while that it's a great vpn, then i was convinced to install it on my phone firstly I love the fact that they give free 10 GB of data per month with unlimited connections, the mobile application is user friendly and easy to use. selection of regions is really easy on application.

Nachteile: After I decided to upgrade to their pro version, their customer support is just too slow in responding to message. I notice the browsing speed is slower compare to some top vpn in the market.

Great VPN for Marketers

Bewertet am 22.3.2019
Kim H.
Marketing Manager
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I use Windscribe to test geo settings in marketing. Often times, you need to set up different flows for different countries. This tool will help you check if the geo settings are correct. I also use it a lot while traveling, both to secure my IP when accessing hotspots, but also to connect to NetFlix for entertainment. Same goes for reading local news from abroad, one of my favorite publications is blocking a lot of content for foreign users.

Vorteile: It has a huge range of countries you can use to connect the VPN. Connection is usually fast and trouble free. It has an IP-lock that will block traffic until your VPN connection is running, it will also block the traffic if the VPN accidentally drops out. This is a great way to protect your real IP, even in case there is a hickup. It has servers that will bypass NetFlix VPN check. These are named Windflix in the server list. If you travel a lot, this is a great feature.

Nachteile: I do not have any particular dislikes about Windscribe. The only thing I can think of, is the frequent updates. Each update, requires you to download the installation file, close down Windscribe and then run the installation. I would have liked it to auto-update in the background. That way, I would not have to do this myself before I can use the software every other time.

A Great Option For Chromebooks

Bewertet am 23.7.2019
Joshua M.
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, I have had a positive experience and have considered buying the 2 year service option.

Vorteile: I use this software with a Chromebook and it works great! It integrates right into the bottom left toolbar for ease of access without even having to open the app. The best way to run it is to download the Android app version onto your Chromebook so that it protects all traffic, rather than just the Chrome browser extension, which just covers the traffic happening on the browser itself. Overall, in my personal experience, Windscribe has rivaled the best in VPN services for features.

Nachteile: Slightly slower than the top VPN providers in my experience, but this is highly subjective.

A VPN You Can Rely On For A Reasonable Price

Bewertet am 9.4.2019
Student
Bildungsmanagement, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: A VPN is essential these days for both Privacy and Security. Windscribe delivers both. But a VPN is no good if it slows you down. Windscribe speeds are the best I've seen after trying over six other VPNs.

Vorteile: Fast speeds, easy configuration for all platforms, transparent once it's installed and running, keeps you private and secure with no leaks.

Nachteile: Customer service could be a little more responsive. However, you rarely need them, and they mentioned on their reddit that they are adding support staff.

Easy to use VPN solution

Bewertet am 11.10.2019
Ozan O.

Kommentare: I used the free version and it is very practical to use for temporarily usages.

Vorteile: Windscribe is a very easy yo use VPN solution that works on couple of platforms like MacOS and Chrome extension. Especially Chrome extension is really good and easy to use. There are various countries and servers should be connected in free version and more on the paid version.

Nachteile: Free version serves adequate locations and servers but the connection interrupts very often. And mostly cannot connect the same server again.

I love using Windscribe

Bewertet am 21.11.2018
Monday A.
Freelancer
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Windscribe is a good VPN services and I have recommended it for some of my friends who don't have the much needed cash to buy any VPN service to try out their free trial before they buy any VPN they need.

Vorteile: Windscribe is one of the best VPN app that I love to use. For the fact that they give free 10GB bandwidth monthly to use some selected servers makes it one of the best VPN I have used and I will continue to use them because they always have their customer attention at their core center and also reply to every inquiries being sent to the through email.

Nachteile: In as much that they offer free trial on some selected locations their premium version is limited in some locations and does not have much more location than other VPN services that I have used. Though some of the locations might be what I used mostly but some that I need on occasional basis are not available for me.

Top VPN Top Support

Bewertet am 25.1.2019
Jeff D.
Network Administrator
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This wasn't solving a problem other than feeling like I can browse the Internet without someone tracking and/or knowing exactly what I was doing. The privacy is worth the membership.

Vorteile: I really like how the creator Yegor is still very much involved with the product. It isn't very often that you can get one on one support from the creator of a product. This is the best VPN I have used. I also appreciate how upfront Yegor and the team is on their privacy policies.

Nachteile: I had to really think about this, but the only thing I could think of is maybe improve/update the documentation a bit. This is really just a nit pick though.

Best Free VPN!

Bewertet am 15.3.2019
Pastor
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: If you need a VPN service from time to time or just want privacy when surfing the web, Windscribe is the perfect option. Whether you use the generous free amounts of data each month or are paying for unlimited, Windscribe will not disappoint.

Vorteile: I love how easy Windscribe makes it to browse the web privately. I love that Windscribe gives you ways to increase your monthly free amount. I love having 15GB of data to use each month. The application is easy to install, easy to configure, and super simple to use. Other applications can be tricky to install and configure and won't give you near as much free data use. Windscribe is the best hands down.

Nachteile: I've never had a problem connecting to the service or with the application itself. Updates have always worked fine.