Über Samsara

Optimiere deinen Fuhrparkbetrieb und senke die Kosten mit Samsaras All-in-one-Plattform für GPS-Tracking, Sicherheit, ELD-Konformität und mehr.

Erfahre mehr über Samsara

It is the best integration I have seen so far.

Bewertungen zu Samsara

4,0
4,0
3,9

Samsara hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,2 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 339 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Samsara bereits verwendet?

Senior Executive Administrator in USA
Automotive, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great product for the price

Kommentare: We have had verizon, gps insite and now leaving azuga. Samsara has blown all of these out the water. The AI Camera system is great with it customization of levels of triggers. The previous systems had lots of false flags. With previous systems we struggled to get video from accidents which lead to leaving other platforms.

- Features - AI Cameras - Simple AI Driver Assignments - Coaching Drivers - Accurate GPS System that works

- higher price - I can't really think of any cons right now

Tamsen
DOT Safety Supervisor in USA

6 yrs with Samsara

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: They have very good response time on their customer service and. My drivers are not waiting for hours to talk with somebody on a problem. If it's a problem that is not resolved immediately they are quick to move it up the food chain and get the problem or issue solved. The thing I am not happy with is talking to someone in a foreign country.. when I get someone with a heavy accent I usually hang up and start over and hope for a better outcome. I can't understand them they can't understand me.

The hotspot and electronic logging device makes it very easy for our drivers to connect to any vehicles. Our drivers do a lot of slips leading and are not assigned to a specific truck. How easy it was for our drivers to change over to samsara it was a very simplistic system for them to learn and they caught on very quickly. Very few driver complaints and when there is one it's resolved quickly.

The extensive amount of new things they bring into the program make it almost impossible to keep up. It can be overwhelming for a company that has only one staff member for the safety department. There are a lot of things they offer that you just do not even have time to learn or utilize. I would prefer to be a little more simplistic.

Sheldon
President in USA
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Scammy company

1,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

They have some benefits, but I refuse to do business with companies like this. See review below

Company has poor customer service. We had 6 dashcams with them for 3 years and I wanted to cancel at the end of the contract. They have fine print in their contract that it will automatically renew at end of three years and you have to let them know 30 days in advance to cancel the renewal. I left them know at end and they refuse to refund me the entire next year charge. I would easily agree to pay them for one month extension, but no they want the entire $1600 for a whole year.. These are marks of a slimey/scammy company. Please stay away from this company. I have other products with this company on another contract and was planning to keep it long term, but not now. Good luck to this company to try to grow with this kind of policies and tactics. Check out Motive for their dashcams. They have just file lawsuit against Samsora.

vor 2 Monaten

Sheldon, we're very sorry to hear about the experience you have had. Our Support team has located your account and we can confirm that they have reached out to you directly to resolve your issue.

Randy
Director Corporate Operations in USA

Customer for 5 years - good reliable system

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Liked the way the camera images could be remotely retrieved and the plug and play install of the ELD

Has some connectivity issues with some older trucks and brand new trucks with the VG34

Dan
Dir. of Safety in USA
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Samsara ELD

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Simplicity of the in cab system makes it easy for use for any Driver

I have no complaints about Samsara at all

Transportation Warehouse Safety Coordinator in USA
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The best user friendly system!

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Best on the market and we have tried many of the others.

What's not to like, it's easy to purchase, easy to install, easy to use. People will say the same about others but we've tried others and Samsara has been the best with the equipment, customer service help, product has been working great for the past 7 years.

The only thing I can say that it is always 30 seconds behind on the GPS.

Alejandra
Dispatcher in USA

Overall, Amazing Logbook!

4,0 letzte Woche Neu

Kommentare: My overall experience with Samsara has been very favorable. As I mentioned before, they provide great service with their products. Very few times have we had issues, but when we do a ticket is created and solved promptly. I would definitely recommend this product to other carriers.

I like that we are able to share this live tracking, including what day & what time the link expires. It's also very simple to use, it gives me a breakdown as to fuel, miles per state, etc. There is lots of good features it has in our favor.

I don't like the fact that the HOS change randomly. One minute my driver can have 1 hour left, and the next minute he has no HOS left.. It sometimes is hard to know exactly how many HOS driver actually has

Justin
Director in Kanada
Umweltdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

GPS/Tracking Review

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Overall we really like the system and it's functionality for our businesses.

User Friendly; great UX; Samsara has helped us track our fleet and implement maintenance.

Very robust for our purposes; can be overwhelming on features for our use and sometimes confusing when those features are shown. Could be simplified on the feature's showing for our direct use case. Wifi amount included doesn't seem to work properly.

Cherish
Recruiting Specialist in USA

A real deal system.

4,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: It's been good. Any type of technology is going to have some issues here and there, so not really anything that is unexpected.

It allows us real time tracking, communication to drivers, route info easy to send... Most of the features are useful here.

I could only pull tidbits of a driver's previous trip history which is a bummer, and as mentioned earlier in review, the system if unplugged loses tracking location in which, the reason we made the switch is because we were told that it would continue to track.

Alan
Maritimes Operations Manager in Kanada
Logistik & Lieferkette, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Best asset tracking so far

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: An everyday work tool. Hard to imagine work without it.

Speed and accuracy when it comes to asset tracking.

GPS part of the mobile app has some room for improvement.

Anthony
President in USA
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Samsara Commited Fraud Against Our Company

Kommentare: I was a customer of Samsara for over 2 years. After believing Samsara was a good company I referred other companies, also due to the referral incentives pushed by their sales associates. I referred a fleet over to Samsara after some time Samsara stop receiving payment from the referred company they decided to take money from my card on file monthly for that referred companies bill. I was unaware when it started thinking it was my monthly payment for my fleet of truck until one day I was looking through bank statements and noticed multiple payments being pulled monthly from Samsara. I immediately contacted their accounting department and was given the run around for nearly two months. After sometime a rep called me and basically said it was a mistake that must of been my fault and they will not be refunding over 3,000.00 that was deducted throughout nearly a year. I tried to reason with them as being a long time customer that they can pay me back slowly or work out some type of repayment and I was basically told they will not reimburse any of my money taken. I am taken the proper steps now to ensure I am reimbursed by Samsara since they were illegally pulling payments from my account for another trucking company's bill. I am also leaving this comment to make other customers aware of the shady business being performed behind closed doors.

I have no Pros after there was continuous issues throughout the time I was locked into my contract.

Read my overall experience worst experience ever!!!

Antwort von Samsara

We appreciate your feedback and we're so sorry to hear about your disappointing experience. We've informed our Finance team about your situation as we always want to give our customers the best experience possible.

Tate
Director of technical operations, growth, and development in USA
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

The smart, do everything, connected vehicle solution.

Kommentare: Samsara has been a great tool not only in organizing and managing out vehicles and assets, but has allowed us to successfully defend against false claims. Samsara is such a value additive software, that it dampens my frustration with the many bugs and problems evident in rushed development and poor testing for certain features. I honestly can not say this for any other software I use.

Everything you need is included, and in one place. Fleet tracking, cameras, HOS, safety, performance, and dispatch tools all live in one place. Additionally, the team is very responsive in creating one-off or custom integrations should you need them.

The cameras, the logic by which they record, and the dashboard for viewing them could use some work. You're unable to retrieve segments more than 60 seconds in length at any one period of time. They offer a "hyperlapse" mode, but I find this to be a useless gimmick as the compression effectively omits frames making it difficult to identify incident times.

Jonathan
President in Kanada

Frontier

Kommentare: We originally switched our dashcams to the Samsara Dashcam as our prior providers product was having issues being connected and recording when it was needed. The switch was easy and the product was excellent, through that we were able to get a preview of the other features available from Samsara. When we decided to make the switch for all of our telematics it was easy and straightforward. I was surprised at how effortless it was to connect our TMS software to Samsara.

The ease of use for both the driver and for the operations team is what stands out the most. Our drivers were able to pickup and use the Samsara ELD with little to no training as it is very intuitive.

I would like some more integration options with 3rd party vendors that integrate directly into the driver app and not require another app to operate (Navigation, scale/toll bypass).

Patrick
Head of Applications in USA
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

The top of the line loaded with features, if you can afford it!

Kommentare: Samsara is the big dog in the industry and has this down to a science. The solutions are scalable for large fleets down to smaller delivery or transportation customers. The up front costs were high for us and the return on investment took time. Users were easily trainable and the feature rich web platform and cloud based video system was exactly what we needed from a safety stand point as it did most of the work for us. The alert system and AI systems were very good and came in handy in terms of driver training coaching and reprimanding. Samsara has paid off on more then one occasion by saving the company from costly or preventable accidents due to poor driving.

Very slick platform, loaded with features, reporting, cameras, video clips, alerts etc. Everything you want in an ELD/driver fleet management platform.

You get what you pay for, its very pricey to operate and is the best out there but hard to justify the costs when there are so many other players in the same market.

Jason
Business Development in USA
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Best option that continues to improve

Kommentare: The product is great and many others are as well. The team behind it has been as impressive which puts them in the lead.

The setup and configuration options are very user friendly. The ability to share live links is very helpful. The Time on Site report is a great tool to share with shippers and consignees.

There were a few features that were missing in the beginning but have since been added so nothing comes to mind.

Daniel
Public Works Supervisor in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Samsara Review

Kommentare: Samsara has been a great service so far. I find much more value with this service than past providers. I also expect that we may begin using some of the additional features when we get time to work with them.

Samsara is very user friendly, it seems to have endless features you can use. We like the cameras they offer and have them on all of our route service based vehicles to be able to confirm missed trash collections or confirm issues with why carts may have not been collected.

Pulling the camera footage can occasionally be difficult just because the points on the map do not always align perfectly with the footage. This is a simple problem to fix, I just expand the amount of footage I pull.

Dave
Logistics Administration/Operations in USA
Automotive, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A Better Way of Doing What We've Always Done

Kommentare: Safety policies have been easier to monitor. We love the camera placements in our equipment.

Intuitive navigation for the dashboard user as well as for the driver.

The dashboard is just a little boring with the lack of color. Maybe needs just a little splash of color for visible interest.

CFO in USA
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great product at first, but falls down after a few months

Kommentare: They are great to work with until you have issues. Once you have issues they ghost you and are impossible to contact. I would look at other ELD solutions and avoid this company and its software.

Seemed easy to use and during the trial period the sales support was very active and helpful. once we were past the trial period, support disappeared and functionality starting failing. Many bugs that cause inaccurate locations and routing. Dispatch functionality does not work or improve over time as promised. The hardware in the cab has already started to fail in less than 12 months. Document capture frequently fails without notice to the user.

Lack of user roles for dispatch. No ticketing module. Uses inferior wireless network so conectivity is spotty.

IT Director in USA
Lebensmittelproduktion, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Routing and API integration for Proof of Delivery is not reliable - No tech support follow up

Kommentare: Sales team is very nice and tries to help, but the upper level tech support is non-existent or simply does not care.
Overall the basic functionality of Samsara is good, but be very careful of trying to integrate too deeply as you will be on your own with the API.

The cameras, vehicle monitoring and GPS are very good. Managers using the web app like the ability to check-in on the cams as the drivers are on their delivery routes. Detailed vehicle information provided to our Fleet Operations is extremely useful in managing vehicle maintenance.

Using the API to download routes and create Proof of Delivery documents has proven to be unreliable and Samsara Tech support is nowhere to be found. Very helpful with simple things but anything with the API is beyond them. After spending over $20,000 building the connection and screens to support Proof of Delivery, we found it simply would not work reliably with about 20% of the document signatures not being captured by Samsara. Also could not post a route larger than 20 stops, that is the limit built into Samsara, we can have routes with up to 30 stops in a day. Samsara never tried to work directly with my team, instead we had to upload screenshots, code snippets and detailed explanations which they would take 3 to 5 days to respond to, never providing any fix or communicating with us directly. This went on for over 8 MONTHS and finally we had to pull the plug on the project and just use the driver / vehicle monitoring functions. Huge waste of time and resources.

Quelle: GetApp

Be cautious signing a contract with Samsara

Kommentare: After 3 years I am attempting to cancel my account which they make nearly impossible.

Seeing where my fleet is works. All other features that they offer are bothersome to your drivers.

If you are a growing company be cautious signing a contract with them. If any of your fleet is going to be idle for more than 1-2 weeks expect endless vehicle dead batteries because the samsara device has high parasitic battery draws. Customer service is an endless loop of passing you around until they close your ticket without a resolution. Your customer rep will change endlessly and you will be left unsupported. I made the mistake of choosing a self contained tracker for some of my equipment to avoid the battery drain issue but they have a battery that has to be replaced monthly if you want it to track more than a few times a week. This battery powered unit has a special expensive non-charging battery that you have to buy from Samsara. It will give you a 1/4 mile location of your equipment as well that is useless. I tried with phone calls, emails, website submittals to get this resolved and they can't and then make me pay out the remainder of the 3 year contract for poor performing units. The features for driver training are annoying and poorly performing. Telling the drivers throughout the day they are about to get in an accident etc. I disabled all of that immediately to avoid having my entire team quit because of the voice telling them to be coached.

vor 2 Monaten

We're sorry to hear you're having these experiences and want to get in touch with you to better investigate what issues you may be experiencing. Can you provide your contact info through kb.samsara.com? Our team will get in touch with you and help get this sorted.

Andy
Manager in USA
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Worst experience customer service not helping anything

Kommentare: If you need better tacking or ELD look for somewhere else. If you sign up with Samsara they get you for 3 years and can't even get away unless pay full for three years.

Looks good that's all noting else is good

there ELS picks up violations in elog and no one able to remove the violation. Customer with just time waste zero help from then they just can say put note its in error but how driver can driver with violation on elog. We wish we have moved out from them log time ago.

Antwort von Samsara

Hi Andy, thanks for your note. Samsara works closely with the FMCSA to ensure your fleet maintains compliance, and in response to a clarification from the FMCSA, admins are no longer able to edit automatically recorded drive time. You can learn more about this change here: https://kb.samsara.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052736671-Managing-Automatically-Recorded-Drive-Time. If we can provide any additional assistance, please give our team a call at 415-329-6900.

Ajneel
Safety Director in USA

SAMSARA ELD, DASH CAM AND TRUCK TRACKING

Kommentare: I HAD SMALL ISSUES WITH DEVICE GOING OUT, IT WAS QUICKLY RESOLVED BY SAMSARA TEAM BY THEM SENDING ME ANOTHER ONE IN 2 DAYS.
I HAD ISSUES WITH THE WIRE THAT BROKE AND THEY REPLACED THE WIRE IN 2 DAY'S FREE OF CHARGE.
WHENEVER I CALL THEY ARE ALWAYS THERE TO HELP WHICH I LIKE. PHONE CALLS WORKS AND EMAILS WORK ALSO. THEIR PRODUCT IS A GOOD PRODUCT TO HAVE AND UTILIZE FOR A COMPANY WHO LIKES TO SEE REAL TIME TRACKING. AS FAR AS DASH CAM THIS IS THE BEST PRODUCT YOU COULD EVERY HAVE. OUR TRUCK WAS SIDE SWIPPED WITH A CAR AND THE CAR CALLED CHP TELLING THEM IT WAS OUR TRUCK WHO HIT IT. LUCKILY DASH CAM WAS THEIR AND BEING A WEEKEND I CAN REMOTE ACCESS IT FROM HOME AND SHOWED CHP WHAT REALLY HAPPENED THEY LET OUR TRUCK GO AND GAVE OTHER PEOPLE TICKET AND TOWED THEIR CAR.

EVERYTHING WORKS THE WAY IT SAYS IT WILL WORK.

SO FAR WITH ALL THE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS PRODUCT THERE IS NO ISSUES

Andrea
Manager in Kanada
Versorgungsunternehmen, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

STAY AWAY FROM SAMSARA

Kommentare: We have been with this company for over a year and finding the prices for the service and the shipping to be ridiculous and unaffordable at this point. They also charge $116 shipping to ship three tiny key fobs to us @ $12 each. Nowhere do they clearly state a cancellation clause - I've been looking everywhere for it. But they're telling me that we'll have to pay "a fee that is equal to a year of service for each device you are returning" as a penalty. And this is even if we return all the equipment. You are TRAPPED. It's like a gym membership scam. LISTEN TO THE COUNTLESS NEGATIVE REVIEWS AND STAY AWAY FROM THIS UNETHICAL COMPANY.

GPS tracking but NOT WORTH IT. And this form appears to be forcing me to say what I "like most" about them because it won't submit until I write something in this space.

Customer service is only nice when you're spending money. The moment you actually have a legitimate issue, they have a 'tough luck' policy, and they have no qualms about tell you 'too bad, you're under contract' instead of trying to work with you.

Antwort von Samsara

Hi Andrea, we apologize for any inconvenience caused and have shared the feedback with the team. Thank you for being a valued customer.

Caira
Terminal Manager in USA

Samsara Review

Kommentare: works fine

Easy to use. Easy for drivers to also use

takes too much to get equipment replaced

Dawn
CFO in USA
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Auto renewal contracts that are never signed.

Kommentare: The account manager is really only a sales rep that wants new units to be added. They can't do anything about helping with getting the auto-renewals stopped, which I never knew anything about. Billing doesn't show the serial numbers you have - so when we lost one - (A truck was turned into the leasing company and sold before we could get our Samsara out) 3 years ago, they won't let me get out of the contract. They are in it for the $$ not the long-term cust service and they outsource when you make phone calls to them and get disconnected.

Clear Videos, ease of installation, and nothing else

Customer service, Contracts have automatic renewals unless a 30-day written notice is sent and there is no notice of the renewal coming up.