Samsara - Perfect Balance of Features, Function and Design

Bewertet am 19.7.2019
Christopher K.
Program Manager
Umweltdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Samsara allows us 100% visibility of our fleet, plus diagnostic info regarding our trucks, including fuel level and DEF level!

Vorteile: Samsara offers a simple yet stunning UX. The dashboard is subtle yet robust. What I love is that nothing annoys me about the interface. Things are where I would assume I should find them. There is just enough functionality without introducing options I'll never use. So far Samsara is super durable and stable. Reporting is quick and accurate. The hardware options surpass the competitors. So far we are very happy with our choice.

Nachteile: The maintenance feature doesn't allow uploading files such as receipts.

Samsara is a great solution for all your Tracking and Elog needs!

Bewertet am 18.7.2019
Amy R.
Safety
Übersetzung und Lokalisierung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use Samsara for all Driver's Hours of Service (ELD), Maintenance, Safety Reporting, and Tracking needs. I have never been disappointed with this system since day one and their customer service is no less than fantastic.

Vorteile: After testing Samsara for a few months on a couple of our fleet units I could not believe how great it was compared to the elog system we were using at the time. I replaced our whole fleet with Samsara and we have been using to it for all our tracking and ELD needs for about 12 months now. You do not have the system failures i have seen in the past with other carriers, it's beyond easy for our drivers to use.

Nachteile: Nothing at all I recommend Samsara to any company looking for a tracking and ELD system.

A great system

Bewertet am 6.8.2018
James B.
Warehouse Supervisor
Versorgungsunternehmen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We had another elog system that we had issues with the system connecting to it's own components in the truck and keeping a signal so that the driver could stay logged in on the system. The Samsara system has removed all of the issues with connectivity.
It also has a much better dashboard of features than the other elog system. When you can give engine codes to the repair shop, repairs can be done quicker as well.
A feature the previous system did not come with at all was a dash camera. The Samsara system allows you to add on a camera that works in conjunction with the system. For our business, we decided to do the dual cam so we can see what the driver is doing as well as see what was going on in front of the truck. When the drivers heard we were looking at getting cameras, they asked to see if we were going to get the driver cam. The drivers wanted to make sure we got them so that when the next car versus truck accident happens to them, they will more likely be found not at fault since they want to be seen as paying attention and not distracted. Of course there are the drivers that did not want them due to "big brother" concerns. Everyone does agree when the time comes, that the camera will save their job if they were doing their job.

Vorteile: The software is all on the internet. I can use the fleet management portion on my tablet, my phone, or any computer as long as I have my login information. So far any tablet or phone I have tried the driver app on has worked.

Nachteile: Only the most minor of issues and even then it is almost not worth mentioning however to be an honest review I do need to mention it. The driver app has locked up while being used on the tablet. No reason has been found as to why as of yet. The app also does not keep the tablet screen on when the app is running which some people don't see as an issue.

Sounds silly, but it is a game changer.

Shannon D.

Kommentare: The system is a problem solver. Whether it is complaints about a buses timing, a missed stop, a "where is our bus", or a call about a speeding bus, we have immediate access to the information we need.
I recently had a driver lost...I was able to walk him through turn by turn how to get to his destination over our 2 way radio. It was amazing.

Vorteile: I think the ease of use is the best part of it all and then the real time access to all of our vehicles is fantastic. No more, "Our bus never came." I can easily look and see - yes it was a this time, the same as every other day. It also helps work with drivers who may be struggling that we did not realize were struggling.

Nachteile: I can honestly say nothing at this point. We under utilize the system now, but after an in person training, we are ready to get going (for real) - maybe I'll have a "least favorite", but not at this point in time.

Samsara Fleet Solution

Juan L.
Safety
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Truly and completely satisfied. I would not choose ANY other software. I have worked with them almost 3 years and have implemented across 3 different fleets with little to no issues. It is truly a Lilium inter spinas, "a Lily among the thorns"

Vorteile: Accurate. Ease of use. All encompassing. ALWAYS improving and feature packed. NEXT generation LIVE tracking, 3 second delay, this is absolutely amazing.
Complete and total control of the fuel usage in both trucks AND refrigerated trailers.
Elog is effective and easy to manage WHEN properly used.

Nachteile: There is not much, just a couple of features I'd like to see implemented, HOWEVER to their credit, they have added things I have asked for which is MAGICAL.

Easy to use, does most of what we need

Bewertet am 15.2.2019
Kevin M.
Verbraucherdienste, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Working with samsara has been good, initially watch out how you sign up with the overall contract, make sure you sign up through Samsara and not the financing company they send over first.

Vorteile: Uses google maps, so little to no learning curve on how to operate the GPS software. Quick refresh time, about 15-20 second delay from actual location when driving, very good compared to 1 minute delays from other companies. Easy to add locations in bulk through csv list importing, easy to see where vehicles are on the map and where they have been.

Nachteile: Route optimization would be nice, to be able to put in a list of addresses and click optimize. Currently you can only do this with delivery times, but if you are a service industry like mowing, it does not make sense to put in delivery time windows. CSV bulk address importing will duplicate entries if you upload a list with a few updates, so keep that in mind. Would be nice if it would recognize duplicates and ask if you want to update or skip them.

Samsara Commited Fraud Against Our Company

Bewertet am 10.8.2019
Anthony S.
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I was a customer of Samsara for over 2 years. After believing Samsara was a good company I referred other companies, also due to the referral incentives pushed by their sales associates. I referred a fleet over to Samsara after some time Samsara stop receiving payment from the referred company they decided to take money from my card on file monthly for that referred companies bill. I was unaware when it started thinking it was my monthly payment for my fleet of truck until one day I was looking through bank statements and noticed multiple payments being pulled monthly from Samsara. I immediately contacted their accounting department and was given the run around for nearly two months. After sometime a rep called me and basically said it was a mistake that must of been my fault and they will not be refunding over 3,000.00 that was deducted throughout nearly a year. I tried to reason with them as being a long time customer that they can pay me back slowly or work out some type of repayment and I was basically told they will not reimburse any of my money taken. I am taken the proper steps now to ensure I am reimbursed by Samsara since they were illegally pulling payments from my account for another trucking company's bill. I am also leaving this comment to make other customers aware of the shady business being performed behind closed doors.

Vorteile: I have no Pros after there was continuous issues throughout the time I was locked into my contract.

Nachteile: Read my overall experience worst experience ever!!!

von Samsara an 13.8.2019

We appreciate your feedback and we're so sorry to hear about your disappointing experience. We've informed our Finance team about your situation as we always want to give our customers the best experience possible.

Samsara ELD's

Bewertet am 25.9.2018
Sharron T.
Compliance Manager
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used other ELD companies and Samsara is by far the best. They are quick with customer service and they have listened and helped with customer feedback about different features I would like to see. I can keep up with my fleet and I know that Samsara is there at any time to help me solve problems quickly.

Vorteile: I love that I can access this software anywhere and it is very user friendly. It allows me to share the dashboard with others in the office to keep up with our fleet. Our drivers also love the mobile app. It has a hotspot and so it is easy for them to be connected which allows the data to be sent to the office.

Nachteile: There have been a few times that when they push through updates, it slows everything down and some of the drivers have had problems with the mobile app but that is easily taken care of.

VERY Good system, could use a little more durability

Jim M.
Route Manager
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, I am very happy with Samsara and would continue to recommend the system to others. They are very responsive and quick to help resolve any issue that do arise and it never feels like I have to "battle" to get a resolution.

Vorteile: The system is very easy to set up and use. The dashboard is very intuitive and and navigation is simple. The accuracy in which the system tracks the trucks is outstanding.

Nachteile: The durability in the hardware could use a little upgrade. They are great at swapping out defective units (or ones that go bad after a time) but it feels like we are doing this far too often in some of our trucks. Now we run a LOT of units and have over 60 units in various construction grade environments, but it still feel like we are replacing units too often.

Feature-rich platform with intuitive UI

Steve P.
IT Support Specialist
Essen & Trinken, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Before using Samsara, we had no visibility over the location of our fleet, no way to verify the safe driving habits of our drivers, and mileage was tracked on paper. Samsara has solved these problems for us.

Vorteile: The platform's intuitive design makes it easy to get up an running quickly, and training new users is a breeze. Realtime GPS tracking, event-based alerts, and the ability to remotely view engine fault codes are super helpful for managing our fleet.

Nachteile: The routing feature could be improved by adding priority-based stops instead of time-based stops. This use case would work well for our on-site service team that can spend anywhere from 5 minutes to 4 hours at the customer's location.

Great for multiple locations

Bewertet am 2.8.2018
Peter O.
Fleet Manager
Essen & Trinken, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I am pleased with Samsara's performance and like the fact that they are constantly seeking our feedback in order to further improve the quality and functionality of the service.

Vorteile: Sometimes your driver is busy doing his/her job and unable to answer your call right away. I like having the real time visibility on my entire fleet. Knowing where my drivers are enables me to make quick decisions on who to assign new tasks, without having to call multiple drivers and wait for them to call me back to find out their exact locations.

Nachteile: Sometimes the gateway gets disconnected due to terrain and lack of a proper phone signal. However, all phone carriers have the same problem. When you reacquire the signal, the data gets updated and you're back on track.

Excellent product with customer service to match!!!

Benn K.
Safety Director/HR
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: IFTA and HOS compliance; dispatch is better able to see and plan loads/drivers with ease. Major reduction in wasted man hours waiting for equipment to be freed up.

Vorteile: Ease of usage; even non-computer savvy drivers were able to learn and use it within a few days. Customer service and IT tech team willing and ready to help either the driver themselves or the office staff in fixing, investigating and/or overcoming any issue or problem that was presented to them. Fantastic bunch of folks to work with and communicate with.

Nachteile: Some "wish ticket" issues that have been submitted to the development team not incorporated into the software yet; told it's in progress although so is it really a con when they are willing to see an issue and work toward a solution?

Feedback is good

Evan W.
Operations Tech Support
Groߟhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Monitoring temps in trucks and warehouses is the primary reason we are using Samsara. The automated report are critical for us to log these temps, even if it historically kept in the cloud. Customer service has been quick, responsive, and helpful. However, I still need help and haven't been updated in at least two weeks.

Vorteile: It is easy to use, for the most part intuitive and clean looking. Functionality is decent, and I like that the map is connected to data so you can get data points when you float the map routes.

Nachteile: There are a few areas that could use improvement. Reporting is my biggest issue right now. It won't report on my sensors. Seems to be tied to one type of temp sensor that I have but engineering has been slow to tell me what is going on or resolve the issue.

Best ELD on the market

Bewertet am 2.8.2018
Sergio M.
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, we are thrilled with the sytem. We started using another popular eld system before this one so we have a little experience on comparing between them and this one is perfect. The log tracking is accurate, the gps tracking is impressive aswell, and with everthing, the program comes with makes my life easeir. great system, we love it

Vorteile: The software has everthing you might expect from an eld but with an extra kick. The ifta miles is perfect and it aleviates a lot of time when dealing with the ifta due dates. The gps fuction is acurate so no need to bother the drivers or worry when the drivers dont answer. It also has a fuction to crate a temporary gps link for the trucks wich makes it easy for our clients. No need for them to bother us with the location of the truck if they can know precisely where it is with a clik of a bottom. all in all in really happy with it

Nachteile: The software layout is hard to get used too. Things are not where you will instintively have them. Everthing is there, but it just seems to be scattered around the tabs. you get used to it, but for the beginning, youll get lost

Always available to help whenever there's any questions

Bewertet am 17.4.2018
Loyd K.
EH&S Manager
Maschinerie, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: From the program as a whole we had some positive consideration from our insurance carrier and our accidents are down significantly YTD. We are considering the camera option.

Vorteile: The information that is available is great and I use it daily. I look at harsh events, the IFTA fuel report (for mileage reasons only) and publish a weekly safety report to management and our drivers.

Nachteile: Can be clumsy on the website navigating around the pages. It seem like you should be able to navigate from any point to the next without having to go back to the home screen.

Easy to use dashboard and app.

Chris B.
Terminal Manager

Vorteile: Easy to train drivers on use of App. The dashboard is slick and well designed. Installation was very simple. Customer service is well educated and always has answers. Replacement devices or cables arrive in just a couple days and we are on other side of country from Samsara.

Nachteile: Least liked aspect is lag time in driver updates. Sometimes driver is 20 minutes up the road and not where they are represented on map. Also can take a bit for turn by turn tracking to catch up. Finally, dislike that if App is running in background of phone or other device, ELD is showing as disconnected. Once it is turned on it should show active.

Great Product & Service

Bewertet am 3.8.2018
Kimberly F.
Safety Manager
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our experience has been very positive. Sales support is good, I can email or call our rep at any time. Technical support is second to none. The support staff tries to answer my questions while I'm on the phone. If this is not possible, they are always quick to call back with a solution or advise that it needs to be looked into further. They have also extended their hours recently. The product is easy to use and they are always making updates to make it even better.

Vorteile: Ease of use and that they are always looking at ways to improve functionality.

Nachteile: There is not an easy way to just add a note or remark to a status. Also there is not an easy way to set an alert for the temperature sensor..there are always 2 entries that have to be made.

Good company that is continually changing for the better

Jon G.
Network Administrator
Groߟhandel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: All interactions with the software and support have been good. They are continually updating to allow new features and requests to be seen. Once they add a few more of my suggested changed we will be even happier.

Vorteile: Software is updated constantly and support quality is pretty high. Requests for new features are actually used and seen in new version of the website and software

Nachteile: No way to automate uploading of information to the server. You have to manually upload files to batch import.

Great product at first, but falls down after a few months

Bewertet am 22.7.2019
Ryan B.
CFO
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: They are great to work with until you have issues. Once you have issues they ghost you and are impossible to contact. I would look at other ELD solutions and avoid this company and its software.

Vorteile: Seemed easy to use and during the trial period the sales support was very active and helpful. once we were past the trial period, support disappeared and functionality starting failing. Many bugs that cause inaccurate locations and routing. Dispatch functionality does not work or improve over time as promised. The hardware in the cab has already started to fail in less than 12 months. Document capture frequently fails without notice to the user.

Nachteile: Lack of user roles for dispatch. No ticketing module. Uses inferior wireless network so conectivity is spotty.

Thoughts from Vmax Transportation, Zeeland, MI

Todd S.
safety director
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The visibility of our trucks is a bonus, but we did not have any issues with our drivers before using Samsara. Any problems or questions we have had with Samsara have been handled very quickly and professionally by support.

Vorteile: We (Vmax) tested a lot of ELD systems prior to the mandate, and Samsara was the best one we tested. the accuracy, ease of use and display were all good.

Nachteile: Having to use the software to do our business and the cost associated with it.

Samsara ELD, Dashcams, and Trailer Sensors

Brenden M.
Transportation
Groߟhandel, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I absolutely love this company. Relative to who we were with before, everything is easier, faster, and quicker to learn. The driver app is simple and self explanatory, which was a must for our organization.

Vorteile: Both Samsara's hardware and software are cutting edge, sleek, and easy to use. Aside from easy installation, and user friendly portal. Their customer service has been close to none other that i have encountered.

Nachteile: The only thing negative i have to say about Samsara is when referring another company. It is all hearsay, but the impression i got is Fleet Size has sway on the amount of support you get.

Great Easy to Use software that always improving

Bewertet am 13.6.2018
Dan S.
Deployment Admin
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Instant Visibility into what I happening with Vehicles and trailers at any given point.
Powerful reporting to increase efficiency.

Vorteile: -This is a powerful system that lets you very easily pull reports, manage logs, Track driver location and so much more.
- Fleet Viewer links allow you to give customers tracking for particular routes, trucks, or multiple trucks.
- If issues arise they do everything in their power to resolve them. (Amazing customer service)

Nachteile: Feb-Apr 2018 had a ELD app error that occurred in very particular situations. However it was solved in May.

Great fleet tracking product with great service.

Bewertet am 15.2.2019
Ty G.
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Use Samara to track our fleet of buses and get alerts when a bus is speeding/doing anything unsafe. Would recommend for any one with any type of vehicle fleet.

Vorteile: Easy to use, all online, and very effective. Makes tracking vehicles and monitoring speeds/vehicle condition great. Can see entire fleet or single vehicle with click of a button. Can make the vehicle public so customers can track the vehicles with a link.

Nachteile: Not much, the limited wifi can be annoying and the driver app is confusing to some of our less technical drivers but overall great.

EASY TO USE

Wagner T.
Sales & Marketing Manager
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: GREAT RESPONSE FROM SUPPORT TEAM WHEN WE NEED HELP.

Vorteile: I LOVE THE SIMPLE INTERFACE IT HAS. WE TRIED 2 OTHER COMPANIES BEFORE AND THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST!
3 OTHER COMPANIES REFER US TO THEM AND WE HAVE REFERRED TO 10 OTHER COMPANIES WITH NO COMPLAINS. I THINK THAT THEY ARE ON THE RIGHT PATH BEING SUCCESSFULL

Nachteile: DOES NOT SAY BUS ON THERE. WE HAVE TO USE TRACTOR TRAILER FOR BUS. A OPTION SHOULD BE ADDED FOR CHARTER BUS OR PUT A " / " ON TRACTOR TRAILER (BUS/TRACTOR TRAILER). GPS ALSO DOES NOT SHOW EACH AND EVERY LOCATION.

My previous software was called Omnitracs/XRS. Samsara beats that hands down.

Bewertet am 17.4.2018
Candace S.
Traffic Manager
Möbel, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The ability to perform my job more accurately. I am in a very time sensitive situation with the routes of my drivers and knowing exactly where they are and where they have been is absolutely critical in making the right decision in a crisis. Samsara allows me that with very good reliability. I have only had the software for a couple of months but already I know that it is much better than the previous software.

Vorteile: The accuracy and functionality. The software I had previously would be at least 10 - 15 minutes behind what was actually happening. With Samsara, I can watch my trucks moving down the road and the accuracy is within a couple of minutes.

Nachteile: That I didn't get it sooner. The accuracy of this software allows me to know exactly where my drivers are at all times and also where they have been. With my previous software, I had no confidence in what I was seeing so I was unable to make good decisions regarding my fleet.