Samsara

Samsara is an excellent Fleet Management software

L. houston S.
Fleet Manager
Logistik & Lieferkette, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am pleased with Samsara overall. It has shown us how to take our business to the next level. As we've evolved, our requirements of Samsara have as well. Although Samsara could not anticipate this, I am eager to give helpful insight on how to help Samsara go even further!

Vorteile: I enjoy having the insight that it provides us. Literally, with what I can see on the road, and all of the back-end data it can provide us. Samsara helps us remain compliant in our industry. So its routing functions are a leading example of what vehicle tracking should look like. Lastly, the driver app is what comes in the clutch to wrap it all up. Our staff finds the app very intuitive, simple, and it rarely faults. It is official and its documents function help us log valuable information that we turn into presentable data!

Nachteile: The system is buggy, and I find myself having to call in every so often to inquire about why I'm not seeing certain stats or images on my vehicles from their dashcams. The Driver app sometimes force quits and will sometimes refuse my drivers to log information.

The smart, do everything, connected vehicle solution.

Bewertet am 28.12.2019
Tate F.
Director of technical operations, growth, and development
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Samsara has been a great tool not only in organizing and managing out vehicles and assets, but has allowed us to successfully defend against false claims. Samsara is such a value additive software, that it dampens my frustration with the many bugs and problems evident in rushed development and poor testing for certain features. I honestly can not say this for any other software I use.

Vorteile: Everything you need is included, and in one place. Fleet tracking, cameras, HOS, safety, performance, and dispatch tools all live in one place. Additionally, the team is very responsive in creating one-off or custom integrations should you need them.

Nachteile: The cameras, the logic by which they record, and the dashboard for viewing them could use some work. You're unable to retrieve segments more than 60 seconds in length at any one period of time. They offer a "hyperlapse" mode, but I find this to be a useless gimmick as the compression effectively omits frames making it difficult to identify incident times.

Easy ELD program

Erika S.
Logistics Coordinator
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We analyzed about six ELD programs before making the decision to go with Samsara. It has been an easy transition from paper log books to ELD for most of our drivers. The additional data we get on the truck performance is invaluable. We have been able to extract information to improve business performance over many categories. In addition, Samsara support has always been very quick to address our concerns or fix issues we find.

Vorteile: This program offers a lot of features and has allowed us to extract data that our small company did not previously have easy access to. Managing HOS, fuel usage, IFTA and more are easier now that we use Samsara. In addition, it is easy to use and even our least tech-savvy drivers have been able to use it without issue.

Nachteile: There are a lot of tweaks to the system on a regular basis, which sometimes affects the interface of the product. This confuses some of our drivers and is difficult to keep up with for those without much technical/computer knowledge.

Samsara Commited Fraud Against Our Company

Bewertet am 10.8.2019
Anthony S.
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I was a customer of Samsara for over 2 years. After believing Samsara was a good company I referred other companies, also due to the referral incentives pushed by their sales associates. I referred a fleet over to Samsara after some time Samsara stop receiving payment from the referred company they decided to take money from my card on file monthly for that referred companies bill. I was unaware when it started thinking it was my monthly payment for my fleet of truck until one day I was looking through bank statements and noticed multiple payments being pulled monthly from Samsara. I immediately contacted their accounting department and was given the run around for nearly two months. After sometime a rep called me and basically said it was a mistake that must of been my fault and they will not be refunding over 3,000.00 that was deducted throughout nearly a year. I tried to reason with them as being a long time customer that they can pay me back slowly or work out some type of repayment and I was basically told they will not reimburse any of my money taken. I am taken the proper steps now to ensure I am reimbursed by Samsara since they were illegally pulling payments from my account for another trucking company's bill. I am also leaving this comment to make other customers aware of the shady business being performed behind closed doors.

Vorteile: I have no Pros after there was continuous issues throughout the time I was locked into my contract.

Nachteile: Read my overall experience worst experience ever!!!

von Samsara an 13.8.2019

We appreciate your feedback and we're so sorry to hear about your disappointing experience. We've informed our Finance team about your situation as we always want to give our customers the best experience possible.

Next level tech.

Andres L.
Operations Manager
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Love it. We have a screen on the wall in our office, every time we have a customer that come to visit us they like the way it looks and we always get complements of what we can track with the software.

Vorteile: *Easy to use
*Can be used on different platforms
*Looks very high tech

Nachteile: On the maintenance section-When you create a schedule for any particular unit you have to create multiple for each unit. On an our previous software we used to use before you only have to select a unit and then select what you needed to track ea. PM, DOT inspections etc.

Best option that continues to improve

Jason D.
Business Development
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The product is great and many others are as well. The team behind it has been as impressive which puts them in the lead.

Vorteile: The setup and configuration options are very user friendly. The ability to share live links is very helpful. The Time on Site report is a great tool to share with shippers and consignees.

Nachteile: There were a few features that were missing in the beginning but have since been added so nothing comes to mind.

Samsara - Perfect Balance of Features, Function and Design

Bewertet am 19.7.2019
Christopher K.
Program Manager
Umweltdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Samsara allows us 100% visibility of our fleet, plus diagnostic info regarding our trucks, including fuel level and DEF level!

Vorteile: Samsara offers a simple yet stunning UX. The dashboard is subtle yet robust. What I love is that nothing annoys me about the interface. Things are where I would assume I should find them. There is just enough functionality without introducing options I'll never use. So far Samsara is super durable and stable. Reporting is quick and accurate. The hardware options surpass the competitors. So far we are very happy with our choice.

Nachteile: The maintenance feature doesn't allow uploading files such as receipts.

A Better Way of Doing What We've Always Done

Dave A.
Logistics Administration/Operations
Automotive, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Safety policies have been easier to monitor. We love the camera placements in our equipment.

Vorteile: Intuitive navigation for the dashboard user as well as for the driver.

Nachteile: The dashboard is just a little boring with the lack of color. Maybe needs just a little splash of color for visible interest.

Samsara vs Teletrac

Bewertet am 13.9.2019
Elmo J.
Vice Pres
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall the product is very reliable, the company is very proactive in checking on units and sending out new ones when tracking unit does not even show us a problem. they are very quick to send out add on units. customer service is GREAT !

Vorteile: Very comprehensive. There are probably more thing built into the software than we actually loose.

Nachteile: would like to see mile markers easier on the map search when looking at trucks.

Great Newer System With Huge Potential

Bewertet am 12.9.2019
Christopher K.
PLC Technician
Essen & Trinken, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The sales rep was a bit pushy, the management is very knowledgeable and eager to work with you, and the engineer they sent to help with commissioning was very helpful in making that process go smoothly and providing effective training. Samsara is great about quick responses, I don't have to wait long with a question.

Vorteile: A web-based vision system administration platform means being able to check on the camera feed and make adjustments in real time on my work laptop, home computer, cellphone, or tablet. The software is easy to set up and the implementation assistance Samsara provided made commissioning a simple task when compared to other industrial vision systems. The quality of the camera is apparent from the moment you take it out of the box, and the software is made with the modern user in mind. The other thing that really impressed me was that for what you pay, you receive free feature-rich firmware and software updates to your equipment during the life of your contract. This has already improved the effectiveness of our system quite a bit.

Nachteile: On the hardware side, connecting the camera system to our existing line equipment was a bit difficult since the unit is designed to work on 12VDC instead of 24VDC or 120VAC which are far more common in industrial control systems. On the software side, there is a noticeable amount of lag at times when making adjustments. I'm not sure if that's connectivity or optimization issues, but it can make fine-tuning a bit difficult.

SAMSARA ELD, DASH CAM AND TRUCK TRACKING

Ajneel R.
Safety Director
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I HAD SMALL ISSUES WITH DEVICE GOING OUT, IT WAS QUICKLY RESOLVED BY SAMSARA TEAM BY THEM SENDING ME ANOTHER ONE IN 2 DAYS.
I HAD ISSUES WITH THE WIRE THAT BROKE AND THEY REPLACED THE WIRE IN 2 DAY'S FREE OF CHARGE.
WHENEVER I CALL THEY ARE ALWAYS THERE TO HELP WHICH I LIKE. PHONE CALLS WORKS AND EMAILS WORK ALSO. THEIR PRODUCT IS A GOOD PRODUCT TO HAVE AND UTILIZE FOR A COMPANY WHO LIKES TO SEE REAL TIME TRACKING. AS FAR AS DASH CAM THIS IS THE BEST PRODUCT YOU COULD EVERY HAVE. OUR TRUCK WAS SIDE SWIPPED WITH A CAR AND THE CAR CALLED CHP TELLING THEM IT WAS OUR TRUCK WHO HIT IT. LUCKILY DASH CAM WAS THEIR AND BEING A WEEKEND I CAN REMOTE ACCESS IT FROM HOME AND SHOWED CHP WHAT REALLY HAPPENED THEY LET OUR TRUCK GO AND GAVE OTHER PEOPLE TICKET AND TOWED THEIR CAR.

Vorteile: EVERYTHING WORKS THE WAY IT SAYS IT WILL WORK.

Nachteile: SO FAR WITH ALL THE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS PRODUCT THERE IS NO ISSUES

Excellent Service

Bewertet am 13.9.2019
Hope T.
Fleet Manager
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our telematics and GPS tracking have greatly improved since switching to Samsara. We have had an excellent experience with our assigned representatives and appreciate the constant (automatic!) software updates and Samsara's dedication to meeting DOT compliance as it changes.

Vorteile: Quick response to questions and recommendations. Constant updates. Great follow through. Incredibly accurate location and telematics.

Nachteile: A bit pricey compared to others I tried, but I feel it is worth it for the quality of service and accuracy.

Samsara Review

Caira S.
Terminal Manager
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: works fine

Vorteile: Easy to use. Easy for drivers to also use

Nachteile: takes too much to get equipment replaced

Game Changing

Jamie S.
Fleet and Compliance Manager
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Game Changing. Time Saving.

Vorteile: Throughout the evolution of the product in our 18 months of use, the additional features have made navigation and reporting more simple for the user and administrator. Tracking hours of service and keeping 135 drivers compliant has changed from reviewing individual logs for accuracy to scanning for violations. Knowing how many hours a driver has available tomorrow at a glance makes an immediate impact on our logistics experts ability to assign work. It's not just drivers and compliance that benefit, our logistics team, dispatchers, compliance team and the clients in the vehicles all WIN.

Nachteile: Inability to prevent a driver that has logged out from being put back on duty. If a member of the fleet team moves a vehicle without logging in to that vehicle, the software places the unassigned movement on the log of the last person that was signed in.

Love it!

Ashley G.
DOT Manager
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Love that we made the switch and even my supervisor is starting to love it more and more everyday.

Vorteile: I love how much this program offers; it has helped us majorly weed out the not so loyal employees. The ELD portion is simple and easy to use and I don't have to fight the guys to use it for their logs. They just want to use it. I love the camera system as it has helped us out with false reports on reckless driving and gives us a little sense of comfort knowing that we have those backing us up 100%.

Nachteile: The only issue I have seemed to notice is where we live in Nebraska sometimes when the trucks are going out in the sandhills; sometimes the trucks don't quite connect all the way. So the live feed gets a little jumpy, but it still keeps it up to date as best as possible.

A great system

Bewertet am 6.8.2018
James B.
Warehouse Supervisor
Versorgungsunternehmen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We had another elog system that we had issues with the system connecting to it's own components in the truck and keeping a signal so that the driver could stay logged in on the system. The Samsara system has removed all of the issues with connectivity.
It also has a much better dashboard of features than the other elog system. When you can give engine codes to the repair shop, repairs can be done quicker as well.
A feature the previous system did not come with at all was a dash camera. The Samsara system allows you to add on a camera that works in conjunction with the system. For our business, we decided to do the dual cam so we can see what the driver is doing as well as see what was going on in front of the truck. When the drivers heard we were looking at getting cameras, they asked to see if we were going to get the driver cam. The drivers wanted to make sure we got them so that when the next car versus truck accident happens to them, they will more likely be found not at fault since they want to be seen as paying attention and not distracted. Of course there are the drivers that did not want them due to "big brother" concerns. Everyone does agree when the time comes, that the camera will save their job if they were doing their job.

Vorteile: The software is all on the internet. I can use the fleet management portion on my tablet, my phone, or any computer as long as I have my login information. So far any tablet or phone I have tried the driver app on has worked.

Nachteile: Only the most minor of issues and even then it is almost not worth mentioning however to be an honest review I do need to mention it. The driver app has locked up while being used on the tablet. No reason has been found as to why as of yet. The app also does not keep the tablet screen on when the app is running which some people don't see as an issue.

Honest Feedback.

Davide G.
Sales Manager
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: From install to getting educated to the use of the information daily, it has created revenue generating opportunities in addition to our core competencies.

Vorteile: Ease of use and customer service along the way. The demo's helped me validate internally, and we have used other providers, but as long as Samsara has the customer support after the sale, they will wipe away any competition.

Nachteile: There really isn't anything about the Samsara product that we don't like.

The BEST GPS System

Blanca L.
HR Manager
Lebensmittelproduktion, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Software was so easy to set up and use. We also use the on dash cameras which have proven very useful in providing teaching moments to our drivers.

Nachteile: No cons. This has been the best product to manage our fleet.

nice

Bewertet am 12.9.2019
Brady P.
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: all good till the cams. told salesman had to have audio. frnt facing cam that he said did have audio doesnt. i got ahold of him and he said he'd get it turned on. ive called and left messages 4 times since and left messages. no reply!! called coustomer service she said she'd give him the message. its been 2 weeks now without a reply. so now im paying for something i didnt want. so to say the least im not too happy..

Vorteile: being able to track my fleet.

Nachteile: at&t spotty service.

Review on Samsara Camera System

Jeffrey L.
Director of Safety
Öl & Energie, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The overall experience has been very positive. A lot of bad habits and behaviors has been cut down tremendously. Having this technology in the truck helps ease the minds of the driver when other vehicles are not driving in a safe manner. We had a situation on our trial timeline with a tractor trailer backed up into the front of the vehicle. The driver jumped out and automatically started hollering that "we rear ended him". The driver smiled but still was making sure the driver was ok and said "that's not what my camera says". The other driver changed his story right on the spot and apologized. The Samsara representative and our staff was very impressed on the legal aspects that this system.

Vorteile: - Artificial Intelligence is great
- Easy to use platform
- Installation was easy
- Gives great overall driver information

Nachteile: -Waiting to see how the backup feature for the trucks work

Cutting Edge Fleet Safety and Monitoring System

Charles A.
General Manager
Staatsverwaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The company has been extremely responsive throughout our business relationship with them. They have done programming to make the software fit our unique business needs. Overall, the experience has been fantastic.

Vorteile: The equipment was extremely easy to install, and functioned well from the start. Video image quality is outstanding (and can be used to identify license plate information of adverse vehicles in a wide range of light conditions. Software uses artificial intelligence to identify risky driving behaviors (including rolling stops, cell phone use, distracted driving or drowsiness). The most useful feature is instant notifications by email or text when an alarm is triggered. GPS location displays are great, and access to video clips is outstanding.

Nachteile: We have had very few issues with the software, and are very happy overall. We had some minor issues on some older vehicles connecting to internal multiplex data, but these were quickly resolved.

If you need ELD, you need Samsara.

Bewertet am 17.9.2019
Hal W.
Administrator
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used several other ELD systems and eventually found Samsara. It worked out of the box like it should and the admin website is very easy to use as well as the user app. Most of all, when any issue or question did come up, contacting Samsara customer support was simple and they were very quick to respond to our needs.

Vorteile: Samsara is very easy to implement and very easy to use.

Nachteile: There really aren't any drawbacks using Samsara.

Samsara for Fleets Review

Anthony S.
Member

Kommentare: So far so good. I like it

Vorteile: Easy to use and live reporting is really good

Nachteile: That it does​ not show zip code and full address

Sounds silly, but it is a game changer.

Bewertet am 12.4.2018
Shannon D.

Kommentare: The system is a problem solver. Whether it is complaints about a buses timing, a missed stop, a "where is our bus", or a call about a speeding bus, we have immediate access to the information we need.
I recently had a driver lost...I was able to walk him through turn by turn how to get to his destination over our 2 way radio. It was amazing.

Vorteile: I think the ease of use is the best part of it all and then the real time access to all of our vehicles is fantastic. No more, "Our bus never came." I can easily look and see - yes it was a this time, the same as every other day. It also helps work with drivers who may be struggling that we did not realize were struggling.

Nachteile: I can honestly say nothing at this point. We under utilize the system now, but after an in person training, we are ready to get going (for real) - maybe I'll have a "least favorite", but not at this point in time.

Samsara Fleet Solution

Bewertet am 27.7.2018
Juan L.
Safety
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Truly and completely satisfied. I would not choose ANY other software. I have worked with them almost 3 years and have implemented across 3 different fleets with little to no issues. It is truly a Lilium inter spinas, "a Lily among the thorns"

Vorteile: Accurate. Ease of use. All encompassing. ALWAYS improving and feature packed. NEXT generation LIVE tracking, 3 second delay, this is absolutely amazing.
Complete and total control of the fuel usage in both trucks AND refrigerated trailers.
Elog is effective and easy to manage WHEN properly used.

Nachteile: There is not much, just a couple of features I'd like to see implemented, HOWEVER to their credit, they have added things I have asked for which is MAGICAL.