Über FreeCAD

Quelloffener parametrischer 3D-Modellierer mit modularer Architektur zum Entwerfen von Objekten jeder Größe.

Erfahre mehr über FreeCAD

There are other free design software out there but this one seems to have a lot of features for a free version I like the ease of use for a free open source program the menu items are well layed out.

If I make a line from another line end and then change the length, it moves the first line, there is no prioritization built in so I need additional lines and constraints to fix design locations.

Bewertungen zu FreeCAD

3,9
3,7

FreeCAD hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,3 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 139 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du FreeCAD bereits verwendet?

Andrew
Administrative Assistant
Tiefbau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

My thoughts on FreeCad

Untertitel auf Deutsch sind im Videoplayer verfügbar
Software Engineer in USA

CAD software provides a good opportunity for rendering different models of houses and buildings.

In comparison with other AutoCad softwares,it is one of the different version software. We can make 3 D drawing through this software at different angles of projection which is is indeed the most fantastic feature. This software is used by everyone whether students or professionals but proved to be helpful to everyone.

Sometimes when we are updating modules, at that time some of the modules are not updated. So we feel that they will update in next versions of software. The learning curve of this software is quite difficult for the new users. For this sometimes some users have to take CAD classes in order to have good command on the usage of this particular software.

Rubén
Rubén
Hardware Engineer in Spanien
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Good free tool, but not at the level of the bests. Ideal for small companies and simple project

Kommentare: I usually work with non-very complicated designs and I am used to created them from the typical 2D sketches, but I can highlight some features I like and the ones that helped me more: it is possible to import an STL file (a mesh) and convert it to a solid, which you can work with later (very useful if you want to modify any design found on the Internet); there are many plugins that help to improve FreeCAD, i.e. I use KiCadStepUp tool to import a KiCad PCB easily and be able to see the entire design with it's electronic part, which includes every electronic component.

This is a good software for 3D design. It is for free and there is a great community that can give support to you, with a lot of tutorials in Youtube. Since I am a contributor of other free and open software like KiCad, it's great to have a 3D design tool like FreeCAD. Also it has many integrated tools to work with 3D and 2D designs, you can review models, import many file formats and convert some meshes like STL to a solid.

FreeCAD has some bugs and some of the functionality is not very intuitive. From my point of view, the bugs are its worst disadvantage and some of them are the next ones: the third-party components are sometimes not imported properly, that could be because the design is broken, but I experimented it several times, so I suppose there is some bug or incompatibility; the mesh-to-solid conversion sometimes fails; when you are designing a 3D part that has some features like chamfers or edge roundings, if you changes the previous steps and it makes the number of faces varies, the part will break down, so its important to keep this bug in mind and do those conflictive features in the last steps of the part design.

Library Tech in USA
Bibliotheken, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

FreeCad - Great hobbiest cad with a caveat

Kommentare: Freecad provides an easy method to develop rocket components. This allows students the opportunity to use a parametric 3d modeler to model 3d components that they can then print on a 3d printer and finally actually see their rockets "Blast Off!' It works well for our use at the library and could be useful for many hobbiest projects. It is probably not quite ready for most production work, but that could change soon one the topological naming issue is resolved.

I use freecad to design high power rockets. I also teach it to our STEAM club students at our local library. It is a great exposure for them to using a parametric 3D modeler and with addons provides a simple way to develop rocket components (e.g., nosecone, fin-can, etc.)

Freecad has one major bug that needs to be fixed before I can generally recommend it. That is the infamous "topological naming problem". This issue is not unique to Freecad. Most parametric modelers have to deal with this issue in some way. In a nutshell, when you add, remove or slice sections of a model that has other sketches extruded from it, then all the surfaces get renamed. This causes the point of attachment of new sketches to be changed, so an extrusion may suddenly come out from the side instead of the top of the model. The Freecad development team is working on this issue, but as an open-source project developed primarily by volunteers progress is slow. Development work on this problem has recently picked up though. Once this is solved, I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone need a parametric 3d modeler.

Owner in Kanada
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Excellent product for free

Kommentare: Love it. I used Pro/ENGINEER in the early 90's and it was such a wonderful leap over AutoCAD but hugely expensive. I used my outdated copy of AutoCAD for years until I discovered FreeCAD 5 or 6 years ago. Initially it was a steep learning curve but with the abundance of videos on YouTube and perseverance I am now quite adept at using it. I have designed/built a semi-automatic machine for my production and have several 3D printed tools used in that machine. FreeCAD has been a Godsend for developing and evaluating my ideas and I would definitely recommend it if you are a small business with minimal or no budget for expensive CAD software.

Price (free), functionality: solid modeling (not just a collection of lines, arc and circles) , features, (eventual) ease of use, ability to create .stl files for 3D printer. The software is parametric meaning you can adjust dimensions and update the model, ability to create assemblies.

Steep learning curve but thankfully with YouTube... I haven't looked for awhile but the documentation was lacking when I first got into it. I haven't had to use the forum for help so I can't speak to that but in searching the forum it seems to be very active with volunteers answering questions.

Darell
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

FREECAD

Kommentare: The most powerful features of Free CAD is the scripting environment. It was easy to create objects in the 3D scene and access and also modify your projects in the FreeCAD interface of the software.

The most attractive feature is that it is free to use I am not very good at designing 3D projects but Free Cad seems to be for me a good platform to teach myself. There are other free design software out there but this one seems to have a lot of features for a free version I like the ease of use for a free open source program the menu items are well layed out

There are some limited features but for free open source it is not bad. Python scripting I think takes a little patience getting used to but once you catch on it goes pretty smooth for a beginner.

Jan
CO in Schweden
Konsumgüter, Selbstständig

Cumbersome

Kommentare: I have spent three days making a simple profile that would take two minutes in an ordinary cad software. There are no snap functions and for example putting in a simple dimension could take 20 attempts. I have wasted enough time with Freecad.

That it is free. In theory it is easy to use.

Snap function work very bad, dimensioning won't work and things go into error what ever you try to do.

Marius
Hobbyist in Niederlande
Informationsdienst, Selbstständig

The only viable solution if you want free and offline cad package

Kommentare: It's a powerfull CAD tool, and the best part it's totally free.

Can create any part you can imagine, exports to 3d printing friendly formats, sketching and part design workbenches are relatively easy to learn.

There are some software quirks on of them is you can not attach sketch to surface and modify the body that the sketch is attached it will mess up the part, while there are ways around that I wish they would fix it in the next iteration of the software. Also if downloading official release the UI is outdated.

Entrepreneur in USA
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, Selbstständig

Extraordinary 3D CAD functionality for FREE, yet you need to invest time to master it.

Kommentare: This is a fully functioning free download that is probably worth the effort to learn (I'm still learning it). I have over 30 years experience using various other CAD systems, yet still need to get over the learning hurdle with this system to feel comfortable using it.

Surprisingly powerful and visually similar to other 3D CAD modelers. I was able to import an IGES assembly from another mid-range system without any issues. Although I was not able to then modify the assembly. A good number of tutorials are available on YouTube.

Functions are similar to other products, yet to me, it is not intuitive and requires investing more time to learn. The icons do not look as elegant as more premium systems, yet what can you expect for a FREE program that people worked hard to create on their own dime.

Matthew
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great Service to Learn CAD

Kommentare: I've only been using FreeCAD for a short time, so I'm by no means an expert, but I've seen that this is a great software and I donated to its development because of that. The community that uses FreeCAD is always helpful and the resources available for learning are plentiful. I feel like more was available for this than some other professional products simply because of the wide community adopment.

FREE Opensource and well documented for those who like to tinker stl file generation for 3d printing powerful for a free software and not limited to simply the basics abundance of learning material between youtube and forums many users to bounce questions of off

Very steep learning curve for a beginner UI is clunky, but once you get used to it its not so bad Users need to watch tutorials on how to use it for about the same amount of time they work on a project to use the software

Rahul
Rahul
Student Worker in USA
Hochschulbildung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Best 3D editing and visualization tool

Kommentare: Was able to see the drawings for my Project and edit them and again render them to the 3D images.

Digital drawing has been made very easy with the use of the extensive features of the software. It helps students like me to understand the 3D drawings and their meaning in a very subtle way. One can easily learn the software and could try creating 3D images in the very first week.

The recent software that I used, requires some minimal hardware configurations to render the images. So, buy a new system or else it is not for you. The snap options sometimes is adamant and won't let you decide what point you may want to take. One of the 3D functions I think is irrelevant.

Fabian
Civil Engineer in Ecuador
Bau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

FreeCAD is a specialist Parametric, 2D and 3D Modeler, ideal for professionals, students and hobbyis

Kommentare: In general terms, FreeCAD is the SoftWare that optimizes time and saves money, without having to hire experts to carry out designs and layouts for different types of projects; functional, easy to use, despite its interface with few or minimal difficulties that compensates it with other qualities that make it the ideal cause for the development of multiple designs and projects, loved by professionals, teachers, students and amateurs of this important activity. what is design.

FreeCAD is a customized open source SoftWare, ideal for experts, students and beginners. The easy, efficient and cross-platform tool such as Linux, Windows and Mac, with modules for the most complex 2 and 3D design representations, with import and export options, as well as allowing general accessible coded integration with SoftWare Python, making it a complementary tool when it comes to solutions and extreme designs. We simply have a formidable SoftWare that is complemented by the varieties of its functionalities that make work become a hobby or pastime when designing. it's great...

The Interface can generate brief difficulty when navigating without representing major inconveniences. You may experience some unstable installation especially on Mac. Difficulty anchoring 3D objects, so rotation could move them to another location on the screen.

Stuart
RF & Antenna Specialist in Kanada
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

More than what you pay for

Kommentare: I use FreeCAD to design/integrate enclosures, and create mockups for internal use. It can't compete with SolidWorks, which I use for client work, but of course SolidWorks can't compete on the price.

As its name implies, the software is free. The active community has done a lot of great work in creating a fully-functional CAD program, with many industry-standard drafting tools and a plethora of optional add-ons.

Unlike other modern free and open-source programs (for example, KiCad), the focus has not been on the user interface. As a result, many operations are awkward and perhaps even tedious to perform. Additionally, the native rendering capability isn't great; the displayed objects look like they're stuck in the 1980s

CEO in USA
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Low Cost Parametric CAD and Blueprinting

Kommentare: Very satisfied. It did what I needed it to do for a super reasonable price.

I was doing some quick prototyping of a new product and needed a CAD/drafting package. I started with the free version of FreeCAD and found it fully functional, with all the features and options that I needed. Once I learned the system upgrade was the logical choice.

I found the environment difficult to learn and not intuitive, however, I am not experienced in this area, being a chemical engineer not a mechanical engineer which I am sure would have been much more comfortable. I needed to generate the drawing for some manifolds that we needed to import into Computational Fluid Dynamics.

blake
Project Manager in USA

Great program for any designer or architect!

I was skeptical about this program at first but it really grew on me. I had a bit of a learning curve learning the macros and functions, but once you re-program yourself to acclimate to this program it's really a breeze.

Only con would be that there are other programs that are performing at a little higher rate with a bit more exposure. I had to do some searching for reviews and tutorials on this product to get myself in tune with it.

SHEFALI
student in Deutschland
Forschung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Really good tool for beginners in CAD

Kommentare: FreeCAD has been a vital part of my work life for a year now. It has been very instrumental in my work towards my master's degree and i am quite happy with the software

I started using this software for my master thesis a year ago. With no prior knowledge of 3D designing, it was a big challenge to learn it over a matter of few days. Surprisingly FreeCAD was very helpful because of its simplicity and user friendly features. I highly recommend this software for someone who is beginning in the field

It does not seem to have some high level features which make the end product look very professional and chic. But that also comes as a consequence of user friendliness and the need to not crowd the software with complicated stuff

Seth
Project Manager in USA
Tiefbau, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

FreeCAD.....IS FREE!

Kommentare: Easy to learn, it’s free, it’s lacking all the drafting tools you may need on a project.

The best thing about FreeCAD is, it's free. If you need a drafting tool, get this one. It’s also great to learn what CAD is, and how it can help you draft.

So the only bad thing about this software is the good thing about this software....it's free. It just doesn’t have all the tools you need.

William
Designer/Owner in USA
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig

Great place to start

That the program was Open Sourced. This is a great program to start with before dishing out hundreds of dollars on one of the BIG major CAD programs. Its compatible with .dwg files along with the Blocks and Symbols packages that are availble for download.

There are some bugs, but with the open feedback for improvement it's really not a bad program. Adding lots of new features with every update. Don't dismiss this program just because it's free.

Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Easy and free 3D cad software

It’s free and it’s very easy to use. And the best thing is that it runs on Mac! You can creat a 3D model from a 2D, and a 2D from a 3D.

I like everything about this software, since I never had any problem with it and it’s enough for what I need

Palesa
Account Manager in Südafrika
Kapitalmärkte

having used this software a few times, i thought it was good value for money and was easy to use

Kommentare: Learnt how to put together floorplans in a quick and easy way

once i got into it, it was easy to use. it made making floorplans so much easy to put together, and so quick too.

it took a while to get into the software. there were a number of glitches that we needed to get through first, but once sorted, all was good

Raquel
Raquel
Técnico I in Venezuela

Amazing robot modelling in a software

I had never think do this in a software but FreeCAD is so complete, because after to made my model I can saw how my instruments and robot come to life it is wonderful and very useful to explain processes and practice with students.

It is very difficult to do this it takes me a lot of time to create my first Robot Simulation because there are so many details to tu put on it, but the results is amazing.

Hochschulbildung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

You get what you pay for

Kommentare: Fun for messing around.

It is free and great for messing around.

It has very limited functionality and is weak on 3D CAD.

Shoeb
Founder in Indien
Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A top Notch Alternative to the big Hitter Autodesk Fusion 360

It has amazing tools like FEM and amazing simulation tool. One of the best free product design tools for usage.

It's interface is very dated and can really help its cause by a change in it.

Steve
Amateur engineering designer in UK

Great, Free, but . . .

It costs nothing, and provides a good route to 3d CAD work. The work flow is quite different form Autocad or Rhinoceros, but is not difficult to get to grips with and there are some good tutorials on line.

It isn't complete (e.g. there is no dimensioning readily available), and suffers from ongoing development that results in occasional crashes.

Free CAD software that works like a charm.

Kommentare: It is an excellent design software and since it is free every engineer should give it a try.

It is free and comes with great tools for 2D and 3D drawing. Another feature that is great is that is not completely restricted, it can be customized and is open source.

You need to spend a lot of time getting to know the software to use it or have lots of experience with cad programs. It can crash a lot.

Kasey
Kasey
Adjunct Professor of Political Science in USA
Hochschulbildung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Its great software and its free!!!

Kommentare: It's Freeware, and community supported, if that's something you enjoy, then this is the product for you!

...Its free??? Most CAD software costs an arm and a leg. I've played around with this software, and its really outstanding, obviously not as great as the high end software on the market, but who cares. Free beats spending hundreds of dollars and its a user supported community. You should really give this a shot, I had a blast trying to make thing to print on our school's 3D printer, and this gets you started.

Obviously, you are not going to be able to have the support and training compared to high end products, but if you are willing to put some effort into teaching yourself how this work, then you are golden.