4,5 /5
    4,5 /5
    4,1 /5

Über Nitro

PDF-Produktivitäts- und E-Signing-Tools für Wissensarbeiter.

Erfahre mehr über Nitro

Ganjar W.
Hochschulbildung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 28.8.2019

"Nitro best pdf processor for your value of money"

Kommentare: I use Nitro to produce documents and letters necessary for college classes. Thus, it is very convenient to use Nitro.

Vorteile: Nitro provides complete tools to work with pdf files. Not only capable of reviewing and marking up files, users can use Nitro to split, combine or edit their pdf files. All these features are put in very intuitive user interface, which tremendously helps casual users.

Nachteile: Nitro PDF sometime hangs and crashes while processing documents. This is rather unfortunate since the incidents will disrupt the workflow.

• Bewertet am 28.8.2019
Matthew M.
Senior Operations Manager
Versicherung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 17.10.2019

"Nothing better for PDFs!"

Kommentare: So many things are in PDF form, which poised quite an issue given the nature of Insurance and claims makes it imperative to have everything precisely documented. Before Nitro I had to hand type it all. For anyone who isn't adept at typing that can be quite a challenge when having to document the Terms & Conditions of an Insurance plan. Adobe always gave me problems with being able to select the text, while Nitro does it with ease.

Vorteile: Nitro's functionality is hands down better than Adobe when it comes to PDFs. It allows to quickly combine files, export to Word & Excel, extract specific pages quickly, is great at selecting text, etc. etc. For the cost it can't be beat!

Nachteile: The interface is crammed with a lot of tools and options, but not very intuitive. Get past the leaning curve though and you'll love it.

• Bewertet am 17.10.2019
Chris Y.
Non-attorney Representative
Rechtsberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.10.2020

"Continuous adaptation"

Kommentare: With the savings on cost and implementation and overall performance, Nitro has become key in our day to day business. It speeds up reaction time with clients and gives us flexibility to work with whatever information is sent our way. Creating documents that fit the needs of all our recipients, never having to worry that someone can't open or review what is sent.

Vorteile: In a document based environment, where we continually have the need to convert to pdf and then edit those and other pdf documents, Nitro has taken off the restraints with the multiple functions for editing. Whether converting to word processing, creating forms, extracting or deleting pages,including e- signatures or simply typing directly into a pdf doc, Nitro's simplicity for the complicated saves us time.

Nachteile: There are still bugs, such as using up too many system resources (which slows us down a bit, but overall we still save time) because of interaction with other programs. Direct conversions take a little longer with Nitro than others, but given the access to editing it is a fair tradeoff. Sometimes files appear to save larger than expected.

• Bewertet am 6.10.2020
Mark R.
Sicherheit & Untersuchungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 13.6.2019

"WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER"

Kommentare: The complete lack of support has sent me elsewhere. I have been fooling around with them for well over a month with no resolution. GOODBYE

Vorteile: Easy to use, this software has great features, it is probably the best software for PDF programs.

Nachteile: The customer support, or rather lack thereof. The support team takes an extremly long time to reply 4-5 days on some emails. They keep sending the same broken link, and same answers. They do not have a number or a person that you can speak to. It is a shame for software to have such crappy service when the product is good.

• Bewertet am 13.6.2019
Donna G.
Unternehmensberatung, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 26.8.2020

"Full featured, and available in a desktop version"

Kommentare: I use this program when downloading reports, pages, etc. and then taking key parts out to use in customized reports for my clients. Also use to combine materials in several formats (jpeg, docx, xlsx, etc) into one document, or create PDFs from word docs that I don't want easily edited.

Vorteile: I am on my 4th version of Nitro since first purchasing it 8+ years ago as a cheaper alternative to Adobe Acrobat. I like the edit ability, ease of printing and creating PDF's and the ability to highlight text or insert comments into documents. Past versions had more tech issues, but whenever I have contacted support, they responded quickly and got the issues resolved. I like that it's not cloud-based, my preference is to purchase a software product and own it on my desktop, vs paying fees into infinity. I have not used some of the advanced features like OCR but works very well for being able to snapshot, add text or copy text.

Nachteile: The highlight feature is only in one color, and have to remember to turn off highlighting before switching to selecting text for copying or screenshots. The add text feature interface is a little clunky, it's hard to edit that text once you've typed it, sometimes easier to just delete and start over. Print to PDF not currently working with some sites in Firefox, so have resorted to using Microsoft Print to PDF free version and then having to go back and open from Nitro directly.

• Bewertet am 26.8.2020
Project Coordinator
Pharmazeutika, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.5.2020

"Makes working with PDFs simple"

Kommentare: Nitro has made working with PDFs daily very fast and easy!

Vorteile: Nitro is simple and easy to use. You can easily convert documents to PDF and you can covert PDFs to Word Docs. This program is very user friendly.

Nachteile: There are times when trying to redact or add text boxes that it can be a little touchy. At times when you try to print a document it will not automatically rotate to fit the document.

• Bewertet am 7.5.2020
Research Assistant
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.7.2019

"Nitro - Review"

Vorteile: It is more valuable than only pdf viewing, it has highlighting functionality, pdf editing functionality, pen functionality, digital signature, form creating etc.

Nachteile: It frequently gets not responding when many pdfs are opened (6+)

• Bewertet am 26.7.2019
David T.
Software Developer
Computer-Software, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 2.8.2020

"Great PDF software"

Kommentare: I've enjoyed using it and will continue to use it for my PDF viewing needs.

Vorteile: I've used the free version of Nitro PDF software and I really like it. It's simple to use, has expected features and isn't as clunky as Adobe. Works very well.

Nachteile: You either can't or only have limited options to create a PDF without the paid version.

• Bewertet am 2.8.2020
Financial Manager
Anwaltskanzlei, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 25.8.2020

"We love Nitro!"

Kommentare: We have really had an easy time implementing Nitro to be used in our company, and switching over from another PDF viewer. The purchasing was easy, they have good deals on multiple licenses, and it overall just made sense for our firm.

Vorteile: We really like that Nitro was able to give us what Adobe was giving us, at a much better price. We recently have added more employees, and keeping up with the price of Adobe was not working out.

Nachteile: I feel like the ease of reducing the file size could be implemented, though there are some ways to do it, it is just a little complicated

• Bewertet am 25.8.2020
Benjamin e J.
Freelance Automotive Writer
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 11.6.2019

"Everything I Need to Manage PDF Files"

Kommentare: Sometimes I need to create or edit PDFs, and occasionally submit for signatures. Nitro Pro is adequate for the former and Nitro Cloud is easy to use for the latter, also free as part of the software license.

Vorteile: Nitro does pretty much everything I need it to do, creating and editing PDFs. I like that I can submit a PDF for review and signature right from the program.

Nachteile: Some functions are a little hard to use and customer service isn't the greatest.

• Bewertet am 11.6.2019
Emad I.
Senior Web Developer
Maschinerie, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.11.2019

"Nitro PDF is the best PDF processor in the market in my opinion"

Kommentare: it's simply the most amazing and practical PDF processor you could ever want.

Vorteile: Part of my job requires reading and editing reports and other files in PDF formats extensively among many other things, I used to try many different PDF processors either paid or free but each of them had its fair share of issues that i couldn't live with, until i switched to Nitro pdf which is now by far my favorite goto pdf reader and processor,since then i never looked back, it made my life easier and increased my productivity, it excels large and by far in performance department, it's very light and doesn't consume too much of your machine resources which mean it can work easily with any machine without the need for any certain requirements, it's very efficient when it comes to multitasking and has a very nice feature of batch processing where it can process multiple files at the same time easily and quickly, it's packed with tons of features that you could use to edit your pdf, it's compatible with other programs and can export your files to other formats so it can work flawlessly with them with no problem. it's very easy to learn and use, it has a very user friendly interface that you will find very similar to other programs.

Nachteile: I would say that the cloud support isn't the best and it needs a little attention but that won't ruin the great overall user experience you get out of this program.

• Bewertet am 14.11.2019
Stacy M.
Lead
Eventservice, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.9.2019

"PDF made easy"

Kommentare: Our switch from Adobe to Nitro was painless. Nitro has all the same plugins, so even when using it with our mail program, it works flawlessly! Of course it has a browser plugin, so when opening PDF files online, it will open them in the browser.

Vorteile: Cost! Straight and simple, cost is the best thing about Nitro Software. It's only a fraction of the price of it's major competitor, Adobe Acrobat. We were using Adobe, but one of my team members recommended that we try Nitro, as a cost cutting measure. we switched two years ago and haven't looked back. Honestly we have the same functionality as we did with Adobe.

Nachteile: Nothing major as far a con goes, but I've had the software freeze a few times, but to be honest, Adobe did the same thing! It's never a big deal as it auto saves and you pick up where you left off.

• Bewertet am 27.9.2019
Racey C.
IT Manager
  • Bewertet am 6.2.2018

"NitroPDF > Adobe Acrobat"

Kommentare: Not paying Adobe their absurd licensing costs.

Vorteile: For the absurd cost I can't see why anyone would use Acrobat over Nitro PDF. Nitro PDF costs well less than half of what an Acrobat Pro license costs, and there is no super amazing functionality Acrobat has that Nitro doesn't that would justify spending your money with Adobe. Nitro is more than sufficient, and even their free PDF reader has more functionality than Adobe's to boot. Additionally, at least from a corporate perspective, every time I ever contact Nitro for something like a licensing quote, a question, or even for technical support (essentially never needed) they were always ultra responsive and professional. I think about an hour or so is the longest they have ever taken to get back to me and I've been doing business with them for five years at this point.

Nachteile: The only con is a fairly minor one, is a bit of a technical issue, and the only reason I gave overall quality four stars. Sometimes when closing a PDF the Nitro process will get hung. The next time you attempt to open a PDF, nothing will happen.
You won't get an error or anything, but you'll double click the file and simply (seemingly) nothing happens. Well, in actuality another instance of the Nitro process launches, but the user visually sees nothing. If you run into this and go look at running processes you'll see an instance of the Nitro process running for every time you tried to open a PDF after it got hung up. The fix is to either manually kill all the processes or just have the user log out and log back in (which does the same thing). No need to restart the machine or anything, just need to kill those processes one way or another.
Having said that, I will tell you that I have run Nitro in my environment for more than 100 users for the last five+ years and would see someone have this problem maybe once a month. If you do the math on the number of PDFs being opened and worked on every day you would end up with an error rate of something absurd like .00001. Only an IT administrator or helpdesk tech would ever even be aware of such an issue and a home user will likely never run into this. It's also possible that they've corrected this is the most current version, I'm still using 9 Pro (had this issue in v8 also, current is v11 Pro).

• Bewertet am 6.2.2018
Santiago A.
Co Editor Chief
  • Bewertet am 18.1.2019

"Using pdf has never been so easy."

Kommentare: In the world of digital work, PDF documents come and go, in many opportunities, I receive information necessary to complete presentations but being in that format is difficult, that was before using Nitro, now I have the possibility of editing all the files that come to me in PDF format, as well as being able to create my own PDF files without limitations. The other benefit is the savings in my finances, applications or similar tools you get at higher prices than those offered by Nitro, so I highly recommend its implementation if you work in catalogs, reports, budgets, digital books, your memories, among others, Nitro's capabilities are lost sight of.

Vorteile: Of the things that I like most about Nitro, is that I can do multiple actions with the digital documents that come to me, or with those I believe. I can edit any content and offer it under the protection standards that I decide to put on it. Apart from the Nitro format, it adapts easily to any other system, another element that makes me feel when I use it. Another factor that has offered me that very few in the market can match, is the digital signature, thanks to that I have been able to transmit files with the support of my signature without being physically anywhere else, be it national or international, a very functional innovation. In addition, you can count on the support of the company in other areas such as the cloud, now imagine that so many other things you can do, I am very happy with everything that Nitro offers me.

Nachteile: I have been using their services for several years and I am pleasantly satisfied, I have not had problems since I decided to invest in their platform, but I think that it can improve the price offer for new and old customers, it is not a factor that determines my use or not, in my case does not apply, but for entrepreneurs who do not have the right time, it may be different.

• Bewertet am 18.1.2019
Shikha V.
HR Manager
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 20.3.2019

"Efficient, Smart and User Friendly"

Kommentare: I have had a good experience with Nitro so far and since I use this software on daily basis, I can vouch that it is the best on the market right now for small to medium scale companies.

Vorteile: I am an HR professional and have been using this software for almost 4 years now. This is one of the best PDF editor software in the market.
As an HR professional, I work with documents all day and we need to edit documents every time as per the employee/client’s specifications. Nitro PDF makes it easier for me to edit the document. It also provides features like electronic signing, adding comments, erase the unwanted sentences, highlighting and many other interesting features.
You can change the font of the text and make it compatible as per the rest of the document. It also allows you to stamp, watermark and add images to the document. It even provides a feature to combine and extract pages from a file.
It is user-friendly application and works well on Windows and has an in-built spell check feature.

Nachteile: There are times when the software stops working in the middle of work and the only option left is to close the file and start over. This is very annoying and disrupt the work. Not sure how true this is but it does not work well with IOS.

• Bewertet am 20.3.2019
Gastgewerbe, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 22.8.2019

"Free PDF Creator"

Kommentare: I love the PrimoPDF software. I've been using it for years and it's very easy to use once you have it installed on your computer.

Vorteile: I use Nitro's PrimoPDF printer and it not only saves me the cost of the expensive Adobe PDF software, the PrimoPDF works very well. Once it is downloaded and installed on your computer, it automatically shows up in your printer pull down window. It's easy to create a PDF to send to my client.

Nachteile: When you download the software, be careful not to allow it to also install secondary software on your computer that can cause problems. I had to work hard to uninstall the other software that came with the PrimoPDF. So pay attention to make sure you check the box that says not to install anything else while downloading.

• Bewertet am 22.8.2019
Student Counselor & Customer Relation Officer
Rechtsberatung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 23.1.2019

"A good Editor and pdf reader for users"

Kommentare: This made my life easier, and would definitely recommend this to my friends and Co- workers.

Vorteile: Nitro explains thas issue, it's converter is the best it is hands on its best element. Where it truly sparkles is while changing over PDFs, how often do we have a pdf and we require some piece of the report or an exceed expectations table and it's a bad dream to reorder them in view of configurations. This is a decent PDF peruser it will take care of business. Nitro has an element where you can change over it into Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Power Point and furthermore to Image jpeg. I cherish this program since it has pleasant highlights which can enable you to alter, Read/View, and furthermore you dont need to hustle changing over any record. The most I cherish about nitro is that I can complete an advanced mark and I can alter the pdf the manner in which I need.

Nachteile: I don't have anything to say about it's cons but in the future they can apparatuses can be enhanced for the openness everything being equal, frequently restricting the instruments to utilize somewhat more promoting and installment strategies available to all nations in their local money.

• Bewertet am 23.1.2019
David M.
Assistant Operations Manager /IT
Immobilien, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 3.12.2019

"Works good, but needs bugs fixed."

Kommentare: Overall the experience with Nitro is good for our home building company and all of the files we have to deal with on a daily basis. I just wish they would send out patches to fix the glitches.

Vorteile: This software has a very good set of features that are very simple to use and find. It does a good job on reading all of our big plan sets and helping us extract pages and sets with ease

Nachteile: This software has a lot of bugs that need to be addressed. It has a tendency to crash when there are too many layers on our landscape plans. The toolbar never holds on to the items I save for easy use. It randomly gets stuck after reopening certain files.

• Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Tim S.
Logistik & Lieferkette, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.9.2019

"I was skeptical"

Kommentare: To compete with the king of this platform, you have to either be free or really good. Happily, Nitro is really good. The controls are, not surprisingly, different that the big A, but well laid-out and intuitive. And there is no comparison in terms of cost savings, so if you can live with it being a bit slower, you may be well-advised to try Nitro out.

Vorteile: To my pleasant surprise, Nitro brought a large suite of effective features to an industry dominated by one player. They worked really well, giving a cost-effective alternative.

Nachteile: It runs a bit slower than its primary rival. Generally not a problem, but if you are creating or even viewing a large number of pdf's this is frustrating.

• Bewertet am 26.9.2019
Vijay A.
Business Head
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 16.9.2019

"Great Product"

Kommentare: Over all i have been extremely satisfied. Most of the features especially the PDF to other format conversion do a great job.

Vorteile: I like its ease of use. quite intuitively designed. Also quite powerful. The features are pretty good.

Nachteile: I would like it to be little faster and little lighter. If needed create a separate version which is lighter and have limited use cases which are the most frequently used.

• Bewertet am 16.9.2019
Kaes A.
Surgeon
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 22.1.2020

"Richer features than other leading products"

Kommentare: Overal very pleased as I mentioned above, love the features and the stability and seamless integration.

Vorteile: Nicer modern design, more robust search features, more flexible with tabs (can close all tabs to the right of a certain tab), viewing options and controls, very light on resources and integrates seamlessly with browsers. some of these features are not present in even the leading product.

Nachteile: In my use, I had no issues to report, editing probably is the only thing I missed In the free version.

• Bewertet am 22.1.2020
Madushan A.
Electrical Engineer
Tiefbau, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.5.2020

"Easy Software for Electronic Documentation"

Vorteile: I have been using this software for more than two years. This is a very useful software to create PDF. It consume less memory and there are lot of features such as editing, concerting to different formats, inserting signature, combining files and many more. I have used several PDF software but Nitro is the best of all other software.

Nachteile: interface of the software is not attractive and price of the software is comparatively high

• Bewertet am 5.5.2020
Dan D.
Facilities & Supply Manager
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.11.2020

"Never going back to Adobe"

Kommentare: I use Nitro to review and sign documents, as well as to create documents that I do not want edited. I have enjoyed it since day 1.

Vorteile: The ease of being able to edit and revise .pdf files without having to convert to a different format is wonderful. I also love the "Quick Sign" feature that allows me to store multiple signatures.

Nachteile: Adobe seems too be a more popular software, so users on my teams often have questions about how to use a particular feature because they are not familiar with the software.

• Bewertet am 5.11.2020
Reena P.
R&D Application Engineering Manager
Forschung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.11.2019

"Nitro is the preferred PDF editor"

Kommentare: Nitro Pro is a great tool to use with PDFs and I have had a great experience with it so far

Vorteile: Nitro pro makes PDF editing and conversion of files into Microsoft Suite applications easy. The OCR feature is great for digitizing hand made notes. Additionally, a single license is very well priced.

Nachteile: It can lag sometimes but other than that there isn't really much to not like.

• Bewertet am 11.11.2019
Mohammed umar farooq P.
Assistant Professor
Bildungsmanagement, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 31.12.2019

"Play with PDFs in the way you want."

Kommentare: It is worth every penny you spend and can use it to create, edit, share, convert the PDFs. Worth Try.

Vorteile: One can just do anything with the PDFs with Nitro. One can merge the PDFs with just one click. We can also convert PDFs to Word or Word to PDF or image to PDF etc. PDF split is the best thing with customised options.

Nachteile: I haven't seen any thing bad about this software since many years and it is one of the best tool for PDFs.

• Bewertet am 31.12.2019