Über OnPay

„Dies ist ein einfaches, schnelles und mobilfreundliches System, das keine steile Lernkurve erfordert.“ Die fünf besten KMU-Gehaltsabrechnungsprogramme von Entrepreneur.

Erfahre mehr über OnPay

The ease of setup, integration, and running payroll. They have simplified the process.

As of right now I have yet to find a feature that my company needs that on pay dues not have.

Bewertungen zu OnPay

4,9

OnPay hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 438 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du OnPay bereits verwendet?

Marsha

Lisa
Head of HR in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Payroll System

Kommentare: Great tool that is affordable and easy to use!

What I like most about OnPay is how easy it is to use the tool. I do not have a payroll background and I was able to figure out how to process payroll with getting frustrated. It's very intuitive and easy to use. I also like that chat functionality. They respond instantly and are incredibly knowledgeable/helpful.

I wish we could integrate it with our HRIS platform so I wouldn't have to switch between 2 different systems to process payroll (401k contributions and approve non-exempt time cards, etc.)

Danielle
Recovery division specialist in USA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

And the award for best silent partner goes to...... OnPay!

Kommentare: Being a small business owner isn't always rewarding but having OnPay reminds me that even though I'm doing this myself I'm not always alone. Between learning accounting and payroll to being up to speed on tax laws OnPay makes my life a little easier. Report reminders, user-friendly software, self-help options, transparency from start to finish in all aspects of this service are just a few reasons that it gives me the confidence I need to know I'm getting the job done with speed and accuracy. I definitely feel I've completed my tasks efficiently using OnPay and it's so affordable for everyone with straight across the board pricing without hidden fees or hiccups to deal with. They make payroll more approachable and takes out a lot of the guess work out that first time users may have and seasoned individuals will appreciate.

*Affordable payroll at $40 a month plus $6 per employee gives any other company a run for their money *Unlimited payroll runs *Manage all types of pay for employees and workers *Offers great HR resources with extensive library *Self Service Portal that's intuitive and critical *Overall EASY to use *Self generating reports and checklists makes tax compliance simple *Customer service is readily available and accessible in many ways to meet all your needs *Employee portal

*Extra cost for mailing documents *No discount upon volume *No mobile app for android users *Tax alerts are proven hard to settle *Time off doesn't always sync everywhere it should within the system

Lowell
President/CEO in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Product is "meh", Customer Support is subpar.

Kommentare: On-boarding was great while in the actual software. A day later I received a support e-mail welcoming me to OnPay and asked me a few questions to understand how I was going to use the product and help me get up and running faster. Nowhere in that e-mail did it state a response was required and if I didn't respond I would forfeit the capability of direct deposit. I have since attempted to get that capability via support ticket no less than 5 times to never get a response from OnPay. The software usability is ok. I don't find it as user friendly as it could be. Simple things like a getting a payroll summary after the fact seem impossible. I can get check reprints but once I exit out of the payroll run I cannot seem to get that PDF of the payroll summary. I spent an hour one evening looking to no avail. The dashboard is "meh". Customization is almost non-existent. There is stuff there I'd like to remove but can't and stuff I want there that isn't available. For on-boarding a new employee... you can create a task to have the employee complete the I9 online and have a supervisor review it. However, I still have been unable to find that I9 to review it. If the employee loses or deletes their invite, you have to delete the invite and recreate it.. you can't simply resend the invite. Sometime I suffer from OCD and if the employee misspells a street name or is inconsistent in capitalization you can't correct it or you delete all the W4 data the employee typed in.

I was able to get up in running and execute an actual payroll in less than an hour. No two to three week, multi-step jump hooping process like competitors (Wagepoint, for example.)

The customer support is awful. I send e-mail after e-mail to their customer support addresses and never get a response. When I finally get a hold of someone they say they have no record of getting my e-mails. Yet when I respond to their e-mails they get them just fine. The last time they opened a ticket on their side I asked them to look into why I could not open tickets via e-mail. Absolutely no response. At the end of December they sent an e-mail asking me how likely I was to recommend OnPay. On a scale of 0 to 10, I gave them 0. The prompted to me as to why. My response was that they never respond to my support requests. At the end of the form they stated someone would investigate and get in touch with me shortly. A few moments later I received a blank/empty support ticket. I thought "finally, we'll get this fixed." A week passed.. the two... So I responded to the blank support ticket asking for an update. Nothing.

Antwort von OnPay

Hi Lowell. We're sorry you haven't gotten the support you need from us. Someone from our team will be reaching out shortly to make sure all your questions are answered. If you need help sooner, we're always here during business hours: 877-328-6505.

Relational Innovator (Founder/Owner) in USA
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Our go-to payroll software!

The best part about Onpay for us, is not only the ease of use, but the ability to set up Onpay so it maps to Quickbooks Online, so we don't have to make any adjustments later. Also, we are super thankful for Onpay's support as they are always super friendly and make sure any payroll challenges we have are resolved. Also, we really like the liabilities always balance. We struggled with other software, mainly quickbooks, where there are always odd amounts of payroll liabilities hanging in the account all the time.

We have an accountant dashboard, and we can't see our invoices directly, we have them sent to us each month. Billing isn't wonky or anything, we just don't have open access to the billing from our side. If it was the client's billing account, their billing activity shows up for them.

CEO in USA
Immobilien, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Used For a Company of Contractors

Kommentare: Over the years we have very much appreciated the way OnPay listens to us and impliments our suggestions and features that work for our company.

We like being able to add new contractors and allowing an invitation to go out to the employee to log in and finish their own set up by adding their banking information. We like being able to see a payment history made to the employee. We like the ease of making direct deposit to employees.

We would rather enter contractors as contractors rather than employees which is easier to set up. Right now we have to add the 1099 Misc payment addon.

Mike
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Payroll Software

Kommentare: I have really enjoyed using this software. It is our companies third payroll software vendor and as long as they continue to operate the way they do it will be our last.

The fact that you can modify employee information, add/subtract new employees, and make changes all while right in the middle of running a payroll. It is also very valuable that they allow you to run as many payroll instances as you need. For instance if you have an employee that forgot to add to their time sheet you can go back and generate another payroll for that one employee with no additional charges.

Some of the elements of the software are not intuitive and it is very difficult at times to deal with tax related issues through the software. Customer service is usually really helpful and most questions can be answered through chat.

Jon
Sales in USA
Verpackung und Container, Selbstständig

OnPay for Payroll

Kommentare: OnPay has been exactly what I hoped for when choosing a payroll company. They are there when I need help and have a mostly intuitive interface that allows me to take care of tasks on my own. They stay on top of tax related issues relative to

I like the ease of use with OnPay. And when there are issues or concerns, their team is quick to respond...sometimes even taking over my desktop to explain a process or location for a specific query.

I live in a municipality where a local tax is not taken out of paychecks as it only triggers after a certain income. While my household does ultimately hit the threshold for this high income when combined with my wife, right now it is not a tax that OnPay has been able to take out voluntarily, even though I would like them to.

Sara
Sara
Human Resources Generalist in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Payroll for our company is handled via OnPay

Kommentare: Payroll is processed, taxes are paid and filed, and year-end reports are generated all through OnPay. The reason I went with OnPay is that they provide a turnkey service at a reasonable price. The onboarding process was painless, and customer service has been superb.

Thanks to OnPay, I can now run all of my commissions once a week, which is considerably more convenient for both my clients and my team. After a lot of research, I settled on OnPay, and I couldn't be happier with my decision. It was smooth sailing all the way through the transfer they facilitated for me in the middle of last year.

I'd like new hires to use the app to fill out more information, such as their Emergency Contact information. Instead than needing to log in and check, it would be great to be alerted when a candidate has accepted a proposal.

Lucretia
Accounting Manager in USA
Baumaterial, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

OnPay makes payroll easy

Kommentare: Overall, I'm satisfied with OnPay. I'm still fairly new to the program, so I'm still discovering features and benefits. I'm sure with time, it will become even easier to use.

OnPay makes is fast and easy to run every payroll. A few clicks and you're done. OnPay took care of all the on-boarding and saved me lots of time.

The Tax Liability Report doesn't have a total amount for each payroll, so I have to use the Payroll Summary Report to get the tax total, which isn't a big deal anyway. I'd also like to see a screen that indicates what liabilities have been paid and with a confirmation number.

Jean
Attorney in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The best payroll service provider

Kommentare: They have been affordable and reliable.

Has all the necessary payroll features for employers and employees. And no ridiculous nonstop solicitations for affiliated services (but available if you ask or need them).

Slightly better QuickBooks integration; minor quibble

Donald
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

OnPay software worked well for microbusinesses with little knowledge about payroll and payroll taxes

Kommentare: I no longer provide payroll services or payroll tax preparation services to my clients. In an environment where payroll tax requirements are rapidly changing, such as the new W-4 form, it is helpful for me to offload client payroll processing to a cloud-based payroll service provider. Yet, I can still occasionally check in to help clients if there are any concerns.

The software was very easy to use. I'm a CPA who converted my clients who process payroll to this software. The change went well. I received good support when I needed it. My clients, some of whom have very limited knowledge about processing payroll and payroll taxes, made the change and are doing well. Where support was required the OnPay staff worked with my clients, or with me to accomplish the goal.

This change-over was done in December to be effective with the new year. Sometimes there was some difficulty processing the first weekly payroll which overlapped both years, but was paid in the new year. Ultimately OnPay support helped us work through the issues.

Steve
Umweltdienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Spectacular-quality software

Kommentare: We also implemented a Worker's Comp system that integrates seamlessly with OnPay. We simply calculate the payroll amount and the fee for Worker's Comp is charged to our company each week so there's no annual deposit or reconciliation at the end of the year because it's all handled week by week.

OnPay is extremely easy to use, extremely fast, and flexible. We use it weekly to handle our payroll needs. It is so simple and intuitive, and whenever I've contacted OnPay with a question, their consultants were very helpful. I really can't say enough about how pleased I am with OnPay. Our payroll used to be a nightmare and OnPay made that into a nothing burger. We literally handle our payroll in less than 5 minutes a week. I mentioned it's also very flexible. We pay staff by performance. The way we do it is to calculate the gross income they generated for the company each week, divide by the number of hours, then put that $/hr into their payroll amount (so this number changes slightly each week). Then we simply set the number of ours they worked and their pay is calculated instantly with proper deductions and all the complicated bits handled automatically.

When we first implemented their Worker's Comp system into our Payroll, the first year the Worker's Comp people tried to charge us extra because they were counting my wife and myself (owners) as being covered by Worker's Comp in addition to our employees. This was not what we wanted and never requested to have that, so it seemed like a bit of a sketchy effort maybe, but was easy to fix. We simply contacted the Worker's Comp people, asked what the extra charge was for and had them remove it. They said we needed to sign a paper stating we did not want to be covered by Worker's Comp policy since we were owners. Okay, we told them that in the first place, and they never mentioned the need to sign any document. Anyway, it was easily fixed and that was the ONLY downside we have had and technically, it wasn't with OnPay, it was with the Worker's Comp company they partner with.

Accountant in USA
Immobilien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

OnPay Review

Kommentare: This is a great service. It has helped reduce our payroll costs by a ton, and is way easier to use than other systems. The reporting is great too. I love this service. i wouldn't use anything else.

Very easy to use and I love that it is NOT Expensive.

Voiding Checks/Direct Deposits is a pain. Also, I wish each employee had a default that it would change back to for each payroll run. For example, I might pay someone a bonus one week, I don't need that bonus to be paid next week, however it shows up again and I have to remember to remove it. Same with any deductions, so If I need to deduct and advance one week, I don't need it to be deducted again. Anyway, does that make sense? I also wish I could make 2 or 3 checks for one person on the same payroll run, instead of doing multiple payroll runs. I feel a few changes in these areas would make it so much better than it already is.

Franklin
Treasurer in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Perfect Payroll Service for Small Nonprofit

Kommentare: For many years we used a CPA firm to handling bookkeeping, payroll and IRS reporting for our small nonprofit organization with 1-3 employees. For payroll they computed the amounts but did not actually write any checks. We had to do that. Also, we had to make the tax payments to the IRS and the State. And for this they charged over $150/month. And when they prepared the Quarterly Payroll reports, they charged about $150 as well. We let them go for another reason....but when we did we still needed to deal with payroll. With OnPay we decided to do it ourselves. The differences is like night and day. OnPay handles the computation of payroll, moves the payroll funds and taxes from our bank account and Direct Pays the employees & contractors and files and pays the IRS and State taxes all as part of their normal charge. Not only did we save a lot of money in the process, but we also saved a lot of time compared to what we had to do before OnPay. For our nonprofit it was the perfect fit.

Assuming everything is set up for the employee or contractor, all that we need to do for each payroll run is just enter the hours. OnPay takes care of the behind the scenes transfer of money as well as the Direct Deposit to the accounts of the employees or contractor and all the related payments and reporting functions. Simple and easy to do.

It is not a problem for our small organization but I can see how the software would be very cumbersome if the number of employees or contractors to be paid would be very large. Probably over 25 would be pushing it on the input.

Danielle
Senior Staff in USA

Easy to Implement and Train

Kommentare: The customer service is amazing when you have an issue.

We recommend this software to our clients because of the ease of use, and inexpensive cost. The QBO integration saves hours of manual data entry.

The PTO accruals were not really straight forward

Rechtsberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

You should be using this payroll service!

Kommentare: I have an employee with two local city withholdings and a school district withholding that I thought I was going to have to manually withhold for---turns out that a few minutes with online chat support is all it took to get Onpay to handle it.

Easy to Use Great Support Inexpensive Handles multiple local withholdings easily Saves me a lot of time dealing with multiple tax filings

I didn't like that there might be multiple w-2 forms for one person in some cases, but honestly it wasn't a big deal to just add them together for tax prep.

Steve
Partner in USA
Restaurants, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Simple Payroll

Kommentare: When I was starting up on OnPay, I had a couple of questions. I used their customer service and received instant help. They've been very easy to work with.

This software is one of the easiest to setup and use. All taxes are handled for me. W-2's are created and mailed. Simple, simple simple. The best part about OnPay is that I don't need to do any paperwork. I just enter the hours and print the checks.

The only con I have is in setting up a new employee. It forces me to use the federal minimum wage if the person is an hourly employee. Because our employees receive tips, we pay less than the minimum wage. That forces me to create another payment option and to make sure I don't accidentally use the default.

Marc
Accountant in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

OnPay payroll software

Kommentare: We are pretty basic as to what we use OnPay for. Mostly running payroll for salaried and hourly employees, tax reporting, and using OnPays standard reports. OnPay does all those things very well and easily. But we don't use it for much additional tracking, but from my use of it OnPay does those basic things very well and is easy to use.

What I like most about OnPay is that it is very full featured regarding Internal reports, Tax reporting and affordability. I like that it is priced by how many employees each month and not the number of runs or transactions. I can make extra payroll runs employee reimbursements during the month without any extra charges. It is quite easy to use and covers most of our needs. Customer support is great and very responsive. The standard reports meet our needs well and have quite a few "filtering" features to customize them.

There is not much to dislike, really. Maybe adding and employee can be a laid out a little differently. At times it seems a little confusing. Tax reporting for Michigan and Detroit there are some odd or quirky requirements for workers comp, minimum wage, which we do work-arounds, but this handles it.

Michelle
CAS Manager in USA
Buchhaltung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Payroll Excellence

Kommentare: Overall, OnPay is amazing! They have amazing customer service and always take such good care of our client's payroll needs.

The full service payroll software saves us so much time with tax remittance and payroll compliance reports.

It would be nice to be able to edit a pay run that has been submitted, but not processed yet.

Steven
Principal / Owner in USA
Tiefbau, Selbstständig

On Pay is a valuable product

Kommentare: The experience has been very positive. There has been an overall time savings for payroll and tax filings.

The cost is competitive, it is easy/convenient to use. .

It requires a separate payroll journal entry in the company's accounting software. However, it takes no more time to do that then it previously took to generate payroll in the accounting software.

Horton
Business Manager in USA
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Value in my opinion.

Kommentare: OnPay is a great company to work with. Representatives reached out to me very early on to help me with any questions that I had and even to offer to do as much of the onboarding process as I would like for them to do. They have continued to reach out to ensure that everything is going as planned and to make sure any new questions I might have are answered and addressed.

This is incredibly easy to set up and manage. The team at OnPay will even do as much of the work as you would like onboarding at no additional cost to you.

The only things that I have run across so far is that it would be quite nice to be able to see an employees length of time with the company in their profile. Their hire date is there so it should be easy to calculate and display alongside that hire date. The second thing I would like to see improved is the creation of time off calculations. That section was a little confusing during set up and still does not seem to be working perfectly yet for us.

JONATHAN
Attorney in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Very Pleased with OnPay

Kommentare: All good. I would (and have) recommend OnPay.

OnPay seems to be a great payroll provider for me and my business. I am a small shop (solo attorney), so cost is a concern as well as accuracy and reliability in my payroll and tax filings. OnPay has not disappointed me. Their customer service team has been able to deal promptly with the few issues that have arisen and has adapted to my local taxing bureau. Their service reps have been available for prompt responses to my inquiries no matter how small. Bringing on new employees is pretty seamless as is generating year-end or quarterly reports as needed.

I don't like the auto-reply that says they've received my email and they'll reply. Kind of annoying. Also, the two day float for ACH debits is a bit of a lag, but I understand why they must do it.

CORISSA
Bookkeeper in USA
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

More bang for your buck

Easy to set up and transfer employee and company info from previous payroll service providers. I like that the tax filing service is already included in the cost. I'm paying $680 a year for Intuit payroll and I have to file all the taxes for my clients. OnPay is roughly $480 a year and everything is done for you and you get much better customer service. I am telling all my new and existing clients about OnPay!

The biggest downfall so far is linking payroll to intuit QuickBooks for the payroll data entry. I also dislike their emailing strings; there are several people engaging in your email string and it gets a little confusing and is easy to overlook an email. Lastly, OnPay should offer a referrals program!!

Greg
President in USA
Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

We love OnPay!

It’s easy to set up and easy to use. It does everything we need and at a great price. The reporting is excellent. When I’ve needed some help, I’ve chatted with customer service representatives who have consistently been able to answer my questions.

Not a big deal but when I’ve had to set up new employees, I’ve learned that I need to enter their workplace info first before I start to enter their personal information. I’ve made this mistake several times now which has resulted in me having to re-enter the personal information each time.

Chayala
Wig salon owner in USA
Bekleidung & Mode, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best software to run payroll on your own

Kommentare: I love the customer service they onpay offers.

Payroll is usually a very complicated thing to take care of on your own. Since I’ve started using onpay, I can be on top of my own payroll with ease and simplicity. Onpay is always there to help me if I ever need.

None as of now. I’m really happy with the functions and the esthetic the system.