Über OnPay

„Dies ist ein einfaches, schnelles und mobilfreundliches System, das keine steile Lernkurve erfordert.“ Die fünf besten KMU-Gehaltsabrechnungsprogramme von Entrepreneur.

Erfahre mehr über OnPay

The ease of setup, integration, and running payroll. They have simplified the process.

As of right now I have yet to find a feature that my company needs that on pay dues not have.

Bewertungen zu OnPay

4,9

OnPay hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 439 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du OnPay bereits verwendet?

Marsha

Lisa
Head of HR in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Payroll System

Kommentare: Great tool that is affordable and easy to use!

What I like most about OnPay is how easy it is to use the tool. I do not have a payroll background and I was able to figure out how to process payroll with getting frustrated. It's very intuitive and easy to use. I also like that chat functionality. They respond instantly and are incredibly knowledgeable/helpful.

I wish we could integrate it with our HRIS platform so I wouldn't have to switch between 2 different systems to process payroll (401k contributions and approve non-exempt time cards, etc.)

Danielle
Recovery division specialist in USA
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

And the award for best silent partner goes to...... OnPay!

Kommentare: Being a small business owner isn't always rewarding but having OnPay reminds me that even though I'm doing this myself I'm not always alone. Between learning accounting and payroll to being up to speed on tax laws OnPay makes my life a little easier. Report reminders, user-friendly software, self-help options, transparency from start to finish in all aspects of this service are just a few reasons that it gives me the confidence I need to know I'm getting the job done with speed and accuracy. I definitely feel I've completed my tasks efficiently using OnPay and it's so affordable for everyone with straight across the board pricing without hidden fees or hiccups to deal with. They make payroll more approachable and takes out a lot of the guess work out that first time users may have and seasoned individuals will appreciate.

*Affordable payroll at $40 a month plus $6 per employee gives any other company a run for their money *Unlimited payroll runs *Manage all types of pay for employees and workers *Offers great HR resources with extensive library *Self Service Portal that's intuitive and critical *Overall EASY to use *Self generating reports and checklists makes tax compliance simple *Customer service is readily available and accessible in many ways to meet all your needs *Employee portal

*Extra cost for mailing documents *No discount upon volume *No mobile app for android users *Tax alerts are proven hard to settle *Time off doesn't always sync everywhere it should within the system

Lowell
President/CEO in USA
Verbraucherdienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Product is "meh", Customer Support is subpar.

Kommentare: On-boarding was great while in the actual software. A day later I received a support e-mail welcoming me to OnPay and asked me a few questions to understand how I was going to use the product and help me get up and running faster. Nowhere in that e-mail did it state a response was required and if I didn't respond I would forfeit the capability of direct deposit. I have since attempted to get that capability via support ticket no less than 5 times to never get a response from OnPay. The software usability is ok. I don't find it as user friendly as it could be. Simple things like a getting a payroll summary after the fact seem impossible. I can get check reprints but once I exit out of the payroll run I cannot seem to get that PDF of the payroll summary. I spent an hour one evening looking to no avail. The dashboard is "meh". Customization is almost non-existent. There is stuff there I'd like to remove but can't and stuff I want there that isn't available. For on-boarding a new employee... you can create a task to have the employee complete the I9 online and have a supervisor review it. However, I still have been unable to find that I9 to review it. If the employee loses or deletes their invite, you have to delete the invite and recreate it.. you can't simply resend the invite. Sometime I suffer from OCD and if the employee misspells a street name or is inconsistent in capitalization you can't correct it or you delete all the W4 data the employee typed in.

I was able to get up in running and execute an actual payroll in less than an hour. No two to three week, multi-step jump hooping process like competitors (Wagepoint, for example.)

The customer support is awful. I send e-mail after e-mail to their customer support addresses and never get a response. When I finally get a hold of someone they say they have no record of getting my e-mails. Yet when I respond to their e-mails they get them just fine. The last time they opened a ticket on their side I asked them to look into why I could not open tickets via e-mail. Absolutely no response. At the end of December they sent an e-mail asking me how likely I was to recommend OnPay. On a scale of 0 to 10, I gave them 0. The prompted to me as to why. My response was that they never respond to my support requests. At the end of the form they stated someone would investigate and get in touch with me shortly. A few moments later I received a blank/empty support ticket. I thought "finally, we'll get this fixed." A week passed.. the two... So I responded to the blank support ticket asking for an update. Nothing.

Antwort von OnPay

Hi Lowell. We're sorry you haven't gotten the support you need from us. Someone from our team will be reaching out shortly to make sure all your questions are answered. If you need help sooner, we're always here during business hours: 877-328-6505.

Fassil
Marketing Manager in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

My Experience With OnPay

With OnPay, we have best payroll features and has best HR and onboarding capabilities

Not a single concern with OnPay. It is the best I have used.

Relational Innovator (Founder/Owner) in USA
Buchhaltung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Our go-to payroll software!

The best part about Onpay for us, is not only the ease of use, but the ability to set up Onpay so it maps to Quickbooks Online, so we don't have to make any adjustments later. Also, we are super thankful for Onpay's support as they are always super friendly and make sure any payroll challenges we have are resolved. Also, we really like the liabilities always balance. We struggled with other software, mainly quickbooks, where there are always odd amounts of payroll liabilities hanging in the account all the time.

We have an accountant dashboard, and we can't see our invoices directly, we have them sent to us each month. Billing isn't wonky or anything, we just don't have open access to the billing from our side. If it was the client's billing account, their billing activity shows up for them.

CEO in USA
Immobilien, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Used For a Company of Contractors

Kommentare: Over the years we have very much appreciated the way OnPay listens to us and impliments our suggestions and features that work for our company.

We like being able to add new contractors and allowing an invitation to go out to the employee to log in and finish their own set up by adding their banking information. We like being able to see a payment history made to the employee. We like the ease of making direct deposit to employees.

We would rather enter contractors as contractors rather than employees which is easier to set up. Right now we have to add the 1099 Misc payment addon.

Mike
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Payroll Software

Kommentare: I have really enjoyed using this software. It is our companies third payroll software vendor and as long as they continue to operate the way they do it will be our last.

The fact that you can modify employee information, add/subtract new employees, and make changes all while right in the middle of running a payroll. It is also very valuable that they allow you to run as many payroll instances as you need. For instance if you have an employee that forgot to add to their time sheet you can go back and generate another payroll for that one employee with no additional charges.

Some of the elements of the software are not intuitive and it is very difficult at times to deal with tax related issues through the software. Customer service is usually really helpful and most questions can be answered through chat.

Sara
Sara
Human Resources Generalist in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Payroll for our company is handled via OnPay

Kommentare: Payroll is processed, taxes are paid and filed, and year-end reports are generated all through OnPay. The reason I went with OnPay is that they provide a turnkey service at a reasonable price. The onboarding process was painless, and customer service has been superb.

Thanks to OnPay, I can now run all of my commissions once a week, which is considerably more convenient for both my clients and my team. After a lot of research, I settled on OnPay, and I couldn't be happier with my decision. It was smooth sailing all the way through the transfer they facilitated for me in the middle of last year.

I'd like new hires to use the app to fill out more information, such as their Emergency Contact information. Instead than needing to log in and check, it would be great to be alerted when a candidate has accepted a proposal.

Lucretia
Accounting Manager in USA
Baumaterial, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

OnPay makes payroll easy

Kommentare: Overall, I'm satisfied with OnPay. I'm still fairly new to the program, so I'm still discovering features and benefits. I'm sure with time, it will become even easier to use.

OnPay makes is fast and easy to run every payroll. A few clicks and you're done. OnPay took care of all the on-boarding and saved me lots of time.

The Tax Liability Report doesn't have a total amount for each payroll, so I have to use the Payroll Summary Report to get the tax total, which isn't a big deal anyway. I'd also like to see a screen that indicates what liabilities have been paid and with a confirmation number.

Jean
Attorney in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The best payroll service provider

Kommentare: They have been affordable and reliable.

Has all the necessary payroll features for employers and employees. And no ridiculous nonstop solicitations for affiliated services (but available if you ask or need them).

Slightly better QuickBooks integration; minor quibble

Marsha
Executive Director in USA
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Poor Customer Service

Kommentare: My overall experience with OnPay was a nightmare. I can't overemphasize the terrible customer service experience we experience with this company.

I didn't like anything about OnPay. The customer service was abysmal. The dashboard was cumbersome and convoluted.

The customer service is horrible. Payroll processing was the easiest feature. The reporting was inaccurate as well as running reports. The dashboard was not user-friendly or eye-ease.

Steve
Umweltdienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Spectacular-quality software

Kommentare: We also implemented a Worker's Comp system that integrates seamlessly with OnPay. We simply calculate the payroll amount and the fee for Worker's Comp is charged to our company each week so there's no annual deposit or reconciliation at the end of the year because it's all handled week by week.

OnPay is extremely easy to use, extremely fast, and flexible. We use it weekly to handle our payroll needs. It is so simple and intuitive, and whenever I've contacted OnPay with a question, their consultants were very helpful. I really can't say enough about how pleased I am with OnPay. Our payroll used to be a nightmare and OnPay made that into a nothing burger. We literally handle our payroll in less than 5 minutes a week. I mentioned it's also very flexible. We pay staff by performance. The way we do it is to calculate the gross income they generated for the company each week, divide by the number of hours, then put that $/hr into their payroll amount (so this number changes slightly each week). Then we simply set the number of ours they worked and their pay is calculated instantly with proper deductions and all the complicated bits handled automatically.

When we first implemented their Worker's Comp system into our Payroll, the first year the Worker's Comp people tried to charge us extra because they were counting my wife and myself (owners) as being covered by Worker's Comp in addition to our employees. This was not what we wanted and never requested to have that, so it seemed like a bit of a sketchy effort maybe, but was easy to fix. We simply contacted the Worker's Comp people, asked what the extra charge was for and had them remove it. They said we needed to sign a paper stating we did not want to be covered by Worker's Comp policy since we were owners. Okay, we told them that in the first place, and they never mentioned the need to sign any document. Anyway, it was easily fixed and that was the ONLY downside we have had and technically, it wasn't with OnPay, it was with the Worker's Comp company they partner with.

Accountant in USA
Immobilien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

OnPay Review

Kommentare: This is a great service. It has helped reduce our payroll costs by a ton, and is way easier to use than other systems. The reporting is great too. I love this service. i wouldn't use anything else.

Very easy to use and I love that it is NOT Expensive.

Voiding Checks/Direct Deposits is a pain. Also, I wish each employee had a default that it would change back to for each payroll run. For example, I might pay someone a bonus one week, I don't need that bonus to be paid next week, however it shows up again and I have to remember to remove it. Same with any deductions, so If I need to deduct and advance one week, I don't need it to be deducted again. Anyway, does that make sense? I also wish I could make 2 or 3 checks for one person on the same payroll run, instead of doing multiple payroll runs. I feel a few changes in these areas would make it so much better than it already is.

Tiffany
CEO in USA
Versorgungsunternehmen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great Payroll Company

Kommentare: OnPay has been so helpful throughout the time that we've been a customer. They've gone above and beyond to support us when we make a mistake and need instant support. The software is easy to use and very intuitive. We appreciate the partnership and look forward to growing together.

OnPay is so easy to use, easy to learn, and easy to implement. it makes quick work of payroll.

I would love to see them add an option to upload an excel payroll file instead of hand entry.

Rechtsberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

You should be using this payroll service!

Kommentare: I have an employee with two local city withholdings and a school district withholding that I thought I was going to have to manually withhold for---turns out that a few minutes with online chat support is all it took to get Onpay to handle it.

Easy to Use Great Support Inexpensive Handles multiple local withholdings easily Saves me a lot of time dealing with multiple tax filings

I didn't like that there might be multiple w-2 forms for one person in some cases, but honestly it wasn't a big deal to just add them together for tax prep.

Cheryl
Lead Staff Accountant in USA
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

OnPay / ChaiOne

Kommentare: We can process our payroll whenever it is convenient for us and having OnPay process the taxes for us is truly time saving for our small team. Every time we have a question, we utilize the Chat option and have received efficient customer service. If an issue requires additional research on their side, we receive answers very promptly. We are a very satisfied client.

The ease of use, cost, and customer service are what continue to be the greatest assets for our business in using OnPay.

Everything about our experience have been positive. No negatives from us.

Marc
Accountant in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

OnPay payroll software

Kommentare: We are pretty basic as to what we use OnPay for. Mostly running payroll for salaried and hourly employees, tax reporting, and using OnPays standard reports. OnPay does all those things very well and easily. But we don't use it for much additional tracking, but from my use of it OnPay does those basic things very well and is easy to use.

What I like most about OnPay is that it is very full featured regarding Internal reports, Tax reporting and affordability. I like that it is priced by how many employees each month and not the number of runs or transactions. I can make extra payroll runs employee reimbursements during the month without any extra charges. It is quite easy to use and covers most of our needs. Customer support is great and very responsive. The standard reports meet our needs well and have quite a few "filtering" features to customize them.

There is not much to dislike, really. Maybe adding and employee can be a laid out a little differently. At times it seems a little confusing. Tax reporting for Michigan and Detroit there are some odd or quirky requirements for workers comp, minimum wage, which we do work-arounds, but this handles it.

Peter
Director in Australien
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

OnPay satisfaction

Kommentare: The big problem solved over the previous provider experience is the quality of customer service. Instead of being handed from 'specialist' to 'specialist', and putting up with constant confusion, mis communication and errors, OnPay are just on it. When you talk or communicate with OnPay you communicate with a real person who knows their business, what your business needs, their software, and who won't stop working with you personally until you are completely happy.

Visually intuitive platform that takes what is a central admin process from functional to pleasurable. OnPay offers simple, clear, visually attractive navigation for both the admins and the employees. Multiple reports options with the same visual simplicity and clarity, all easily sharable and usable. By comparison to the alternative payroll software we used prior, OnPay feels like its been designed by users, and not by accounting mechanics.

The OnPay software just works, if there are problems, or least likes, can't think of anything significant.

Cheri
Office Manager in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Love the Software

Ease of use, Customer Service, I like that I don't have to know all the tax rules, that they are applied for me.

HR Suite.. Could be a little more user friendly. I find myself clicking on each heading to find what I am looking for.

karen
General Manager in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to Access Customer Service with Online payroll

Kommentare: I am able to pay my contractors via direct deposit and they are able to receive funds within 2 business days. This is a tremendous advantage for my business. I was willing to quit using Intuit which gave me ability to pay my people in 1 business day, but it was worth it for reasons stated below.

It was easy to Onboard contract workers.

I had to get used to 2 day direct deposits, formerly I had 1 business day direct deposit functionality with intuit. Also, it wasn't super intuitive on the "check date" when I try to do a payroll run with my 10-99 contractors. I think they should have a feature for paying contract workers that isn't actually called a "payroll run"

Will
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

I haven't used any other payroll software, but that's because OnPay has proven to be excellent.

Kommentare: OnPay does everything I need from a payroll perspective, from onboarding through WA State L&I taxes & federal payroll taxes. It makes being a business owner so much simpler than some of the payroll horror stories I've heard.

It's web-based, so I can access it from anywhere. This is a big benefit as I'm not always at the shop when I need to add an employee or check out if someone has PTO or something to that effect. The price is fantastic and the support has been superb. I've had to open a couple of support tickets due to issues I had early on with not understanding how to do payroll (brand new business owner) and they've been phenomenal. Very fast support response and they're always helpful.

It's likely not so much a con against OnPay as it is against payroll in general, but the process was a little confusing at first. Figuring out which payroll items to use for things like QSEHRA wasn't immediately obvious, but looking through the Knowledge Base or asking their support team I was eventually able to figure it out. This did mean I needed to make some retroactive corrections which OnPay was able to handle for me.

Deb
Manager in USA
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A System That Really Works for Small Business

Kommentare: We transitioned from a manual payroll system to OnPay. During our search process, they were very willing to answer questions and provide demos. Once we selected OnPay, they helped us during the transition process until we were up and running. We process payroll biweekly, and it is a pleasure to use. Adding new employees is easy - we love the option to invite employees to add their own information to the system. Taxes are paid on time, and the W-2 feature is quick and easy. We have been very pleased with our decision to partner with OnPay!

OnPay is easy to use, and provides easily accessible help articles when needed. It allows us to process our biweekly payroll in minutes. They also provide helpful messaging to remind us when payroll needs to be done early due to holidays.

The onboarding process could have been smoother, perhaps due to crossed communications. Ultimately we ironed out any confusion and it works beautifully.

JONATHAN
Attorney in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Very Pleased with OnPay

Kommentare: All good. I would (and have) recommend OnPay.

OnPay seems to be a great payroll provider for me and my business. I am a small shop (solo attorney), so cost is a concern as well as accuracy and reliability in my payroll and tax filings. OnPay has not disappointed me. Their customer service team has been able to deal promptly with the few issues that have arisen and has adapted to my local taxing bureau. Their service reps have been available for prompt responses to my inquiries no matter how small. Bringing on new employees is pretty seamless as is generating year-end or quarterly reports as needed.

I don't like the auto-reply that says they've received my email and they'll reply. Kind of annoying. Also, the two day float for ACH debits is a bit of a lag, but I understand why they must do it.

Greg
President in USA
Einzelhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

We love OnPay!

It’s easy to set up and easy to use. It does everything we need and at a great price. The reporting is excellent. When I’ve needed some help, I’ve chatted with customer service representatives who have consistently been able to answer my questions.

Not a big deal but when I’ve had to set up new employees, I’ve learned that I need to enter their workplace info first before I start to enter their personal information. I’ve made this mistake several times now which has resulted in me having to re-enter the personal information each time.

CORISSA
Bookkeeper in USA
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

More bang for your buck

Easy to set up and transfer employee and company info from previous payroll service providers. I like that the tax filing service is already included in the cost. I'm paying $680 a year for Intuit payroll and I have to file all the taxes for my clients. OnPay is roughly $480 a year and everything is done for you and you get much better customer service. I am telling all my new and existing clients about OnPay!

The biggest downfall so far is linking payroll to intuit QuickBooks for the payroll data entry. I also dislike their emailing strings; there are several people engaging in your email string and it gets a little confusing and is easy to overlook an email. Lastly, OnPay should offer a referrals program!!