Über FileCloud

Eine Enterprise-File-Services-Plattform, die Dateifreigabe, Synchronisierung, Sicherung, Zusammenarbeit an Dokumenten und Suche bietet.

Erfahre mehr über FileCloud

Produktbewertung

Produktbewertung

Nutzung

Haben Sie FileCloud bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Brian F.
Brian F.
IT Manager in USA
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

On-prem choice for file sharing and remote file access

Kommentare: We have a number of project managers, drafters, engineers, contract administrators, and estimators that need to share large files easily via email links. We prefer to host our own content and keep it under our control, so we used a popular self-hosted product for quite some time. The instability of the product and the politics and marketing of the sponsor company made finding an alternative compelling, as the concept of hosting our own content really worked well for us. After a number of trials of competing products, FileCloud stood out as the best Active Directory integrated file sharing platform available. It's worked out VERY well for the last year, and we renewed for another year. Performance of the VM is great, and with as much storage as we feel like allocating is available at NO additional cost. Adding a user to FileCloud is a matter of adding the AD account to the FileCloud security group, what could be simpler? Outlook integration and the mobile apps work well, and the Windows client allows a drive letter assignment - no muss, no fuss. I needed a little help from support sorting out the SSL certificate, they were SUPER great to work with.

All of the content is hosted by us, controlled by us, backed up by us, and secured by us. We don't have to train users on five different platforms, either - it's FileCloud, start to finish.

Well, you know how PHP likes to throw off goofy error log entries, that aren't really errors? That's kind of annoying.

David D.
System Engineer in USA
Industrieautomation, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

The best On-Premises Enterprise File Sharing and Sync solution

Kommentare: We had a requirement to have an on premise solution for an enterprise file sharing and sync program. From the onset of discovering Filecloud, the experience has been great. We were able to do a couple of demo's with their technical team via webinars. Once we decided to proceed to the next step, we were able to download a fully functional version and had help to get it setup exactly how we needed it with a nice long trial period. Technical support was available whenever we needed it, but most of the time it was not needed because of their fantastic knowledge base of articles that are complete with pictures at every step and every detail of the product. We have been using the product since version 18, and every full release brings new features and speed. Most of these are customer driven via their community page. It's great to have a company listen to their customers and then give them exactly what they asked for.

The ease of use of the product is one of its greatest pro's. The webpage and mobile phone apps are nearly identical and incredibly easy to use. Intuitive is a word used a little too much, but it describes FileCloud perfectly. Our Employees were able to adapt from a different product with minimal training. As products like this are normally used to share large files, too big for email, FileCloud knocks it out of the park with their Outlook Add-In, putting access to user's files exactly where they need it. The sync app provides further OS integration as it is integrated into File Explorer on a PC or the Finder on MacOS allowing users to use their FileCloud files, wherever they are, no matter what level of connectivity they have. The fact that the solution is on our servers, behind our security allows us to fully control our data.

We maintain this solution on premise so it would be nice if FileCloud could add data deduplication to help us save some storage.

Kristian L.
Archivist in USA
Kunst & Handwerk, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Essential

3 vor 2 Monaten Neu

We use FileCloud every day across our team so that everyone can access our files remotely.

It would be nice if the file transfer speeds were a bit faster.

Robert C.
Network Administrator in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Most FULL featured private cloud you can get.

We needed an in house cloud share software, this easily met that need, as we grow into the platform there is sooo much more.

The best "CON" i can think of is that there you cannot use the same user for admin console as well as user console... it is probably better that they are separate, but it is the only con I could think of.

James R.
Sr Network Engineer in USA
Immobilien, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

FileCloud, best secure file access/sharing.

Kommentare: Extremely good. Very surprised how easy it is to use and setup, and how responsive they are. When the office closed down last year, the software was already in place and made the transition of working from home seamless.

Extremely easy to setup, very easy UI for both Admin and User. Support is very quick and good!

The company is very responsive, and over the years we have been using the software, they have always addressed shortcomings quickly, with in 2 releases. Currently the only pain point is the global cleaning up of user's shares... the controls are in each user's account space, so as Admin I would have to log in as that user to do the cleaning the user's avoid.

Marek S.
IT Director in Kanada
Industrieautomation, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great product a a moderate cost

Kommentare: We did not have to writhe the software ourselves. FileCloud came at just the right cost and set of features.

It is important to us to run the file exchange on premises. This product checks all the important checkboxes.

Nothing of significance so far. Frequent updates - I guess this is actually a benefit but it takes administrative resources.

Nick P.
Technology Specialist in USA
Sicherheit & Untersuchungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Great Product, Great Customer Service!

Kommentare: Great. There was a hiccup with my first demo, but after that I have been able to get things moving in the right direction. We have been happy with the product so far and we are happy we made the switch to FileCloud.

I like the ease of use and how easy it is to train employees on how to use the system. We had a very clumsy system before hand, and it was difficult for people to use and understand. This is the opposite.

Nothing, seems like things are working as expected and everyone in my organization is happy!

Nicklas G.
Datacenter Technician in Schweden

Basically the only On-Prem windows hosted alternative out there

5 vor 2 Monaten Neu

On-prem hosting on Windows. Sharing with external people that gets a free limited account in the system which requires login which is a more secure than just a password protected share, this also gives individually controllable share rights.

Configuration of the product feels complicated, settings are spread out in the web interface and configuration files. A security recommendation is to relocate the configuration folders from the default location but the update process requires the configuration folders to be in the original location.

Josh T.
Program Manager in USA
Luft- & Raumfahrt, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

FileCloud Review

4 vor 2 Monaten Neu

This site was easy to get going and allows great access control options.

We've had trouble keeping the Outlook plugin going, but could be an Outlook problem. The plugin makes it quick and easy to send files via email.

Emmerson E.
Manager, Information Technology in Barbados
Staatsverwaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

File Cloud

4 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: File sharing, file access, version control

Setup is very quick and fast and users can get quickly up to speed.

I have not found anything about the software that I dislike.

Gilbert P.
Gilbert P.
Work From Home Engineer Dad in USA
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Community version is very limited but does the job

Kommentare: The overall experience is good, although the install and configuration is clunky, for example you have in the FileCloud Panel (which you use only once) a list of the services and frameworks you need to launch. So without knowing anything if you click them in order from top to bottom, they are not going to work... You have to go to the Customer Portal, to the documentation area, to find that the correct order is not from top to bottom, but 3,1,4,2 (order from top to bottom but different installation order) to get it right, while they could have just ordered them in the correct launch order to begin with or add an easy setup with 1 button to get everything launched in one hit, and then have an advanced setting with more granular control... Another thing is this product is built on top of a previous product called TONIDO, which was their previous generation of clouded drive and storage... so a lot of configuration files still use the word Tonido around and it can get confusing some times. But since I got the $10 product

I liked that I was able to setup a "Google Drive" like experience in my home for my family and some of my work, that was easy to setup and offered everything I needed for 10 bucks /year which I can't really complain about...

The community version is limited in a lot of customization options, that when you think about it, sounds as overkill from their part. I can't modify the way it looks or feels or add my own logo because those features are behind the $4/month/user FileCloud Standard (which in my case I would have to play $24/month or $288/year to use pretty colors or a drawing from one of my kids as a logo... Another thing I dont like is how their licensing is tied to your domain, but they take it very literal so if your domain runs on port 1234, if you dont include mydomainname.com:1234 and the license is mydomainname.com then the license wont work...

Howard J.
owner in UK
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Why I chose FileCloud

Kommentare: We initially hosted FileCloud on our own server, but moved to FileCloud online about 18 moths ago. Like all software, it breaks occasionally. Unlike many, the support is fantastic, not only quick and responsive, but when they tell you how to fix the issue and you've no idea what the words mean, they'll just remote in and fix it for you. Overall, I can't fault FileCloud

White label. Different user types Integration in to Windows explorer.

I'm struggling to think of things here, I'll come back and change this if I think of any.

Director of Programs in USA
Luft- & Raumfahrt, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Most complete onboarding I've ever experienced

Kommentare: Overall, I have to let the team speak for themselves and.... I have heard nary a peep of discontent. That speaks volumes about the product and the customer support team.

Cloud based storage systems are common. ITAR compliant solutions at this price point.. not so much. A critical decision element was the onboarding process. FileCloud isn't limited to organizations with big IT staff. The onboarding sessions got us up to the level of compliance we needed quickly. Training for the full team was also incredibly helpful. All included in the base price (No hiring consultants to "optimize" your setup.) The ability to have "Limited Access" users is a key benefit keeping costs down. Only key team members need full access.

Not being an IT professional, some aspects of the setup were confusing. Once I realized I didn't;t need to use all the capabilities to meet the compliance requirements we have, I relaxed. The Smart ID is col, but totally not necessary the way we're using the product. One thing that I wished had been available, though it may be and I just didn't find it, was a set of scenarios specifically around our use case.... sharing restricted info. Basically... If you need to share a single document without active interaction, do this... If you want someone to be able to work on a document that many people can access, do this...There are always multiple ways to accomplish something (directly sharing a file, giving someone Limited Access to a folder, etc). It was hard to choose between them at times and I inadvertently gave someone more access than they needed (not the they weren't entitled to it but a simple file share would have been fine).

Madalina V.
Sales Marketing Manager in Rumänien
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

All your data in one cloud

Kommentare: This product covers all basic needs for small teams or companies. They can make their data easily accessible for each employee, regardless of their location. As a result, you will get more agonized and dedicated team, as well, as a smooth workflow.

This platform has different plugins, which provides a decent level of customization. Also, you can integrate this software with different apps, so your work process, which can improve your work process drastically. Big plus is that you can access internal file server data from any place in the world, of course, if you have a high-quality internet connection. We use FileCloud on a daily basis, as it is a cloud based data sharing plus sync system. It allows coworkers to access and sync all essential data from any type of device. This software provides with all necessary features for successful work: file sharing, backup, sync or remote access.

Tech support is weak and incompetent. They respond non-regularly, with delays and zero useful information. Very often instead of fixing an issue, they blame users. FileCloud has an old school and non-intuitive interface, so you need to invest much energy to learn how the system works. Also, if you are Mac user, be prepared to face some issues, as this app doesn’t work well with iOS. Moreover, this product is actively being updated, with preventing this app from working for several hours, till a new update will be loaded.

Manuel S.
Employee in Italien

A valid product

Kommentare: The product is very valid and powerful, with many features that are continuously added. The overal experience is very good. I will surely recommend FileCloud to other customers.

The DLP method is effective, as well the various options for file and folder sharing. The GUI is nice and smooth and easy to use and the integrations with other SSO technologies is easy to implement and very stable.

The file indexing is slower than other product on big file servers, and sometimes the indexed search is not working as expected. The file/folder listing is a little bit slow on big folders.

Brian A.

FileCloud Review by AIS

Kommentare: We love it and use it every day. I've sold to several customers as well and the #1 hurdle I have is the licensing. Many of our clients are smaller office and we need a licensing model that fits smaller offices.

Integration over an existing file management system is easy, and the growth that we can provide a customer to extend access to their file system outside their office is exciting. The ability to provide a managed system that provides our customers/users to share large files/folders, provide collaboration solutions, and secure access to their own company shares has proven invaluable.

The updates require a lot of work. There's an "update" function within the control panel but it doesn't work for any of the latest updates that I've had to manage. If a feature or function exists, it should work. The downloading of the files, packaging them, then installing is routine - easy to automate, and should easily be incorporated in to a simple button in the control panel that manages that update. We'd also like to see more database utilities to purge, backup, compress and clean up database files.

William V.
CTO in USA
Verteidigung & Raumfahrt, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Does the job well

Kommentare: Up and running within minutes of purchasing a license, and fast.

Easy to deploy and offers an option of ITAR-compliance with GovCloud support

Pricing is a little steep and the minimum number of users if using GovCloud,

Suresh D.
Dr. in Indien
Forschung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

FileCloud in an academic environment

Kommentare: It has been a bit of a rough ride. We had some difficulty getting everything working on our servers. It has required many calls to the Technical support to get the installation right. I think in the initial stages, it would be best if the FileCloud team shepherds the installation to avoid small errors (such as some packages missing etc.). Usually the IT team of the host institutions does not have the skill and familiarity with the FileCloud installation to spot something amiss.

In academic environments there is not much hierarchy in the organisation and nor is there a strict command structure. The need of the day is to be able to easily store, retrieve and share documents among a large indisciplined bunch of people. Most of the stored information is poorly documented and tagged. Yet, when running large scientific projects there are Commercial and Administrative documents which require hierarchical access controls and cannot be stored on public servers like Google or Apple drives. FileCloud permits us to customise access control for this particular environment. The interfaces with popular editing environments such as Libre Office and simultaneous online editing features are important for us. It is also quite critical that we have the software on our own servers as this is often a requirement on government supported institutions.

It is a but clunky and non-intuitive. The initial users are a bit put off by the steep learning curve that is required to use the tool. The number of options and switches are daunting. We are as yet at the beginning stages of this use. It remains to be seen how this proceeds and becomes an integral part of our organisation. And we are cash strapped, so keeping the subscription prices low would be a definite plus. If the per user per year price goes up we would be hard pressed to continue.

Chris M.
Vice President Finance in USA
Pharmazeutika, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

FileCloud Review

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Overall good experience, but want these cons addressed to improve performance and function.

The best feature is storing files and having them sync so our team can collaborate. Security seems good with good recovery of files if needed.

The software frequently allows multiple users to edit and work in the same file, but this should be blocked with the Microsoft add-on with FileCloud. Sync speed needs to increase. I need better reporting on who has access to what file/folder that was shared with them so I may audit and update access. There are still common sync issues where we have conflicted copies, but not sure why this is occurring. Sometimes I try to delete a file/folder only for it to continue to reappear. Browsing files with the app needs to be a complete search and not just with beginning characters.

David B.
Reviewer in USA
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Exactly What I wanted

Kommentare: Overall I'm very happy with the service and I encourage people to use it on a regular basis.

I setup a lot of software on my OpenMediaVault-based server. I've tried other file hosting applications and they were fine, but hard to setup in a lot of cases. FileCloud was very easy to setup and use from the start. I've had no issues or downtime in my file sharing since I started using FileCloud.

I don't like that I lost the ability to customize my instance when I paid for a community license. I'm hosting the software on my computer. Why can't I use any of the customization features?

Andre H.
MIT in Kanada

Use Internally and deployed for other clients

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Once it is deployed, it functions very well. We have added DUO for 2FA. My only request is to have FileCloud send a DUO push instead of looking up the code on your phone and entering into FileCloud.

A critical feature was the ability to implement this with an existing NTFS data tree. No additional security tweaks needed as Windows NTFS was already taking care of that. Using LDAP to allow users and windows passwords makes management very easy to maintain.

Deployment was not clear as pre-install answers were not discovered until 1/2 through the manual and install. I ended up deploying this twice as information that would have proved useful before getting started were not available at the beginning.

Almir S.
CEO in Österreich

FileCloud File Sharing Solution

Kommentare: Very good! The customer support related topics are being handled within a day and the software is running stable. Release of updates / patches is also on a regular basis, so the software is being taken care of from the developers.

We were in search for a possiblity to provide our customers a simple, yet secure file sharing solution. After trying different competitors (OwnCloud, GoodSync etc.) we stuck with FileCloud since it is delivering a good Webportal and the possiblity to provide the customer with the necessary admin-roles.

Initially we tried to use the real-time sync, but as the description suggested back then it was implemented in a beta-phase with a max recommended item count to 100k items, which was to small for us. But we still found a solution using the webinterface, which is currently meeting the needs of our customers.

Peter D.
President & CEO in USA
Immobilien, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great cloud solution without giving up control.

I love that our files stay on our server, yet we are able to get the full functionality of cloud computing in a fairly simple setup. It works great across all the devices and platforms that we have; if I need to, I can pull up any file I want on my phone, tablet, or laptop without having to be on a specific network. And not only can I access the files, I can edit them on the fly and my colleagues see the changes almost instantly.

I would love to see an integrated way to securely send passwords to shared links.

Chris G.
Assistant Director, IT Operations in USA
Hochschulbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

FileCloud, A Must for Work From Home

Kommentare: My overall experience with FileCloud has been wonderful. So much so that I have implemented it at another company that I do consult work for and have also recommended it several times to others here at my current profession.

FileCloud enables our company to implement a DropBox like application to our on-premise data. It has wonderful features like drag and drop directly into the website and has applications to mount or sync your server drives via any mac or pc client. We used to use a different companies' software for this but FileCloud excels in so many different areas. Finally, I love how we can share files with the external world that are to big to email.

One con that I have experienced in the web portal is that sometimes you have to refresh the page in order for it to start working again. Sometimes it seems to get stuck when drilling into the folder structure of your data from the web portal only.

Michaël D.
Presales in Belgien

Better then free products

5 letztes Jahr

We had worked a lot with free solutions but, lot of times during usage we encountered bugs or errors; without a correct support it's unusable on production system. We don't like to use cloud to transfert data and we preferred having an on-premises version.

Support is really responsive! Functionalities are really helpful with our work!