Über FileCloud

Eine Enterprise-File-Services-Plattform, die Dateifreigabe, Synchronisierung, Sicherung, Zusammenarbeit an Dokumenten und Suche bietet.

Erfahre mehr über FileCloud

Expensive for what it does, licensing it can be a pain and the license expires causing downtime sometimes randomly. Example license will "expire" on Jan 30 2020 even though it runs until Jan 230 2021.

Bewertungen zu FileCloud

FileCloud hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,6 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 221 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du FileCloud bereits verwendet?

IT Manager in USA
Bau, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

On-prem choice for file sharing and remote file access

Kommentare: We have a number of project managers, drafters, engineers, contract administrators, and estimators that need to share large files easily via email links. We prefer to host our own content and keep it under our control, so we used a popular self-hosted product for quite some time. The instability of the product and the politics and marketing of the sponsor company made finding an alternative compelling, as the concept of hosting our own content really worked well for us. After a number of trials of competing products, FileCloud stood out as the best Active Directory integrated file sharing platform available. It's worked out VERY well for the last year, and we renewed for another year. Performance of the VM is great, and with as much storage as we feel like allocating is available at NO additional cost. Adding a user to FileCloud is a matter of adding the AD account to the FileCloud security group, what could be simpler? Outlook integration and the mobile apps work well, and the Windows client allows a drive letter assignment - no muss, no fuss. I needed a little help from support sorting out the SSL certificate, they were SUPER great to work with.

All of the content is hosted by us, controlled by us, backed up by us, and secured by us. We don't have to train users on five different platforms, either - it's FileCloud, start to finish.

Well, you know how PHP likes to throw off goofy error log entries, that aren't really errors? That's kind of annoying.

Gilbert
Gilbert
Work From Home Engineer Dad in USA
Computer-Software, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Community version is very limited but does the job

Kommentare: The overall experience is good, although the install and configuration is clunky, for example you have in the FileCloud Panel (which you use only once) a list of the services and frameworks you need to launch. So without knowing anything if you click them in order from top to bottom, they are not going to work... You have to go to the Customer Portal, to the documentation area, to find that the correct order is not from top to bottom, but 3,1,4,2 (order from top to bottom but different installation order) to get it right, while they could have just ordered them in the correct launch order to begin with or add an easy setup with 1 button to get everything launched in one hit, and then have an advanced setting with more granular control... Another thing is this product is built on top of a previous product called TONIDO, which was their previous generation of clouded drive and storage... so a lot of configuration files still use the word Tonido around and it can get confusing some times. But since I got the $10 product

I liked that I was able to setup a "Google Drive" like experience in my home for my family and some of my work, that was easy to setup and offered everything I needed for 10 bucks /year which I can't really complain about...

The community version is limited in a lot of customization options, that when you think about it, sounds as overkill from their part. I can't modify the way it looks or feels or add my own logo because those features are behind the $4/month/user FileCloud Standard (which in my case I would have to play $24/month or $288/year to use pretty colors or a drawing from one of my kids as a logo... Another thing I dont like is how their licensing is tied to your domain, but they take it very literal so if your domain runs on port 1234, if you dont include mydomainname.com:1234 and the license is mydomainname.com then the license wont work...

Sergio
Principal in USA
Architektur & Planung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

It has great potentials but it's not perfect

Kommentare: I would say just ok. We don't have an alternative nor the time to look for one. Dropbox was a much better system until it stopped working (and their customer service is totally unreliable)

I like the complexity of permissions and the possibility to seprate users and privileges

It takes too long to sync. Dropbox or Onedrive sync almost instantly, Filecloud takes several minutes and sometimes half hour. When working in a team these times are impossible. You start working on a file that has already been modified by someone else. This alone makes the software useless for certain types of work. It is so slow that we dropped it altogether and went back to vpn If you delete a file, sometimes the same one comes back with the same name (zero kb). This issue has been reported several times but never really fixed. It is much better with the latest versions but the problem is still there

Roderick
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Cloud Storage

That is easy to go and look up whatever you stored in the cloud to find. No hiccups no mess ups it's simple as easy and is everything you can dream of whenever you need to store anything that you need that's important for your business or as easy and is everything you can dream of whenever you need to store anything that you need that's important for your business or for

That you can easily get distracted if you don't know what you're doing you can have files in one cabinet in storage and have them in another cabinet and they can all mean the same thing but you can get distracted easily

System Engineer in USA
Industrieautomation, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

The best On-Premises Enterprise File Sharing and Sync solution

Kommentare: We had a requirement to have an on premise solution for an enterprise file sharing and sync program. From the onset of discovering Filecloud, the experience has been great. We were able to do a couple of demo's with their technical team via webinars. Once we decided to proceed to the next step, we were able to download a fully functional version and had help to get it setup exactly how we needed it with a nice long trial period. Technical support was available whenever we needed it, but most of the time it was not needed because of their fantastic knowledge base of articles that are complete with pictures at every step and every detail of the product. We have been using the product since version 18, and every full release brings new features and speed. Most of these are customer driven via their community page. It's great to have a company listen to their customers and then give them exactly what they asked for.

The ease of use of the product is one of its greatest pro's. The webpage and mobile phone apps are nearly identical and incredibly easy to use. Intuitive is a word used a little too much, but it describes FileCloud perfectly. Our Employees were able to adapt from a different product with minimal training. As products like this are normally used to share large files, too big for email, FileCloud knocks it out of the park with their Outlook Add-In, putting access to user's files exactly where they need it. The sync app provides further OS integration as it is integrated into File Explorer on a PC or the Finder on MacOS allowing users to use their FileCloud files, wherever they are, no matter what level of connectivity they have. The fact that the solution is on our servers, behind our security allows us to fully control our data.

We maintain this solution on premise so it would be nice if FileCloud could add data deduplication to help us save some storage.

Howard
owner in UK
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Why I chose FileCloud

Kommentare: We initially hosted FileCloud on our own server, but moved to FileCloud online about 18 moths ago. Like all software, it breaks occasionally. Unlike many, the support is fantastic, not only quick and responsive, but when they tell you how to fix the issue and you've no idea what the words mean, they'll just remote in and fix it for you. Overall, I can't fault FileCloud

White label. Different user types Integration in to Windows explorer.

I'm struggling to think of things here, I'll come back and change this if I think of any.

Eric
I.T. Professional in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Top notch online file server with all the features you need at a price you can justify!

Kommentare: The main goal by moving to filecloud online was to allow remote collaboration and work to be done on files and documents that previously require being logged into a device at a physical location. By allowing users to access files and make changes etc remotely this has allowed more users to work on more things at home with less trips onsite. So costs and efficiency have improved dramatically thus far.

The integration was very smooth, cost was incredibly fair. The user interface is very streamlined and intuitive for the end-user experience. The administration is simple and effortless. I like the collaborative features, the ability to encrypt the data, lock down access via permissions on a group or user basis.

Nothing that we have come across so far would I classify as something I disliked. From the initial migration from an on-premise server to filecloud online, setting up users, permissions, adding files etc. Every thing has went smooth with no complaints from the end-users or the administrators.

Reviewer in USA
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Exactly What I wanted

Kommentare: Overall I'm very happy with the service and I encourage people to use it on a regular basis.

I setup a lot of software on my OpenMediaVault-based server. I've tried other file hosting applications and they were fine, but hard to setup in a lot of cases. FileCloud was very easy to setup and use from the start. I've had no issues or downtime in my file sharing since I started using FileCloud.

I don't like that I lost the ability to customize my instance when I paid for a community license. I'm hosting the software on my computer. Why can't I use any of the customization features?

Gastgewerbe, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

File sharing is now in one hand.

Kommentare: Whenever any recipe comes, we share via using FileCloud. It is such a good way to share. I do have to worry about making hardcopy changes. Anyone can see the file and compare and edit.

I can tell with confidence that FileCloud is one of the most reliable file sharing and synchronisation options available after using it for a number of months. The software has an easy-to-use interface that makes it simple to upload, share, and collaborate on files. I also like FileCloud's cutting-edge security features, which offer me comfort in knowing that my files are secure and include two-factor authentication, data encryption, and access limits.

One drawback of FileCloud is that, especially for non-technical users, it might be a little challenging to set up and configure. Although the software's user interface is straightforward, the first setup procedure can be a little intimidating.

Finanzdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good product - as long as your file type is supported

The online tools make this so much more powerful than what we were using before (DropBox). Loved all the reporting and ability to really tighten all the permissions to a very granular level.

We ended up having issue when we updated our accounting software to the current version. They assured us that in the future it would be updated but it would take a few months. They gave us a complete and full refund and were super helpful as we had to transition back to our prior service.

CTO in UK
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Very flexible and capable solution for enterprise file sharing

Kommentare: Overall it is been quite good with no much issues. And when we had, the support team is very responsive and helpful.

What we like the most of FileCloud software is the multiple customization options it has so we could adapt easily without too much compromises to our use case. Also the clean user experience and the number of features makes a very robust solution.

Not much but it would be great if FileCloud could enhance the user account setting up and login experience. Sometimes can bee too cumbersome.

Tara
Researcher's in Indien
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

"FileCloud: A Must-Have Cloud Storage Solution for Businesses"

Kommentare: Using FileCloud has been an incredibly positive experience. The service offers many features to help users securely store, manage, and share files easily and quickly. The intuitive user interface is easy to use and understand, making it accessible to many users. FileCloud also offers a variety of security and privacy features, such as two-factor authentication, encryption, and private file sharing.

I found FileCloud to be a tremendously user-friendly cloud storage solution. It was effortless to set up and use, with a well-designed interface that was intuitive and straightforward. I was particularly impressed with the versatility of the platform and the ability to have both public and private folders, making it perfect for personal and business use. FileCloud was a great experience that I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a reliable cloud storage solution.

While I generally enjoyed my experience with FileCloud, one aspect that I was not particularly fond of was the limited customization options. While I could use the platform with relative ease, I could not customize it to my exact needs and preferences. This was incredibly disappointing because the venue had many advanced features that could theoretically be used to tailor the experience. However, this was not possible due to the lack of customization options.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

FileCloud Review by AIS

Kommentare: We love it and use it every day. I've sold to several customers as well and the #1 hurdle I have is the licensing. Many of our clients are smaller office and we need a licensing model that fits smaller offices.

Integration over an existing file management system is easy, and the growth that we can provide a customer to extend access to their file system outside their office is exciting. The ability to provide a managed system that provides our customers/users to share large files/folders, provide collaboration solutions, and secure access to their own company shares has proven invaluable.

The updates require a lot of work. There's an "update" function within the control panel but it doesn't work for any of the latest updates that I've had to manage. If a feature or function exists, it should work. The downloading of the files, packaging them, then installing is routine - easy to automate, and should easily be incorporated in to a simple button in the control panel that manages that update. We'd also like to see more database utilities to purge, backup, compress and clean up database files.

Vice President Finance in USA
Pharmazeutika, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

FileCloud Review

Kommentare: Overall good experience, but want these cons addressed to improve performance and function.

The best feature is storing files and having them sync so our team can collaborate. Security seems good with good recovery of files if needed.

The software frequently allows multiple users to edit and work in the same file, but this should be blocked with the Microsoft add-on with FileCloud. Sync speed needs to increase. I need better reporting on who has access to what file/folder that was shared with them so I may audit and update access. There are still common sync issues where we have conflicted copies, but not sure why this is occurring. Sometimes I try to delete a file/folder only for it to continue to reappear. Browsing files with the app needs to be a complete search and not just with beginning characters.

Assistant Director, IT Operations in USA
Hochschulbildung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

FileCloud, A Must for Work From Home

Kommentare: My overall experience with FileCloud has been wonderful. So much so that I have implemented it at another company that I do consult work for and have also recommended it several times to others here at my current profession.

FileCloud enables our company to implement a DropBox like application to our on-premise data. It has wonderful features like drag and drop directly into the website and has applications to mount or sync your server drives via any mac or pc client. We used to use a different companies' software for this but FileCloud excels in so many different areas. Finally, I love how we can share files with the external world that are to big to email.

One con that I have experienced in the web portal is that sometimes you have to refresh the page in order for it to start working again. Sometimes it seems to get stuck when drilling into the folder structure of your data from the web portal only.

Hasso
MD in Deutschland
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Top choice to integrate existing on prem files shares and much more

Kommentare: Right product for the job. Very good cost/benefit ratio compared to many other enterprise level competitors.

Offers support for existing on premise file shares w/o sacrificing any cloud only features. Allows for an access layer on top of existing file share infrastructure like MS file server cluster.

The terminology used is not always self explaining. Use cases are not as clear cut as one would hope, but the functionality is there.

Olivier
IT infra manager in Frankreich
Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Flexible and easy to use cloud service

Kommentare: Using FilecCloud in a school.
FileCloud is a straightforward and customizable solution to share files with students and set up folders so they can submit their work.
Students can access or submit files without being required to log in, making the whole process fast and easy for them.
Organizing work submissions with FileCloud helped us to save time.

Sharing folders and files with Filecloud is easy and flexible as it allows many access settings (with or without log in, upload only etc.) The dashboard is also very convenient.

A few settings/information are a bit difficult to find in the admin account dashboard, but the Filecloud team is constantly improving the interface. Aside from that nothing to complain about.

Jim
NetSysAdmin in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

File Cloud

Kommentare: We needed to improve our secure file sharing and upload capabilities with our customers. File Cloud hit the spot. This feature-packed solution is easy to setup, on-ramp and support. Our employees find it easy to use and our customers enjoy being able to securely submit information back to us. When I get stuck, support is on the case with timely responses and very personable support staff.

Support. Their support team is amazing. I just wish all of my vendors were as easy to communicate with. They will actually call you when needed but they are also adept at support via email. Upgrades are breeze and every time I have come up with a very obscure request they have worked with me to implement a solution or work-a-round. 5 stars.

Hard to find something I don't like about this software.

Jean
Infrastructure and support Engineer in Ägypten
Informationsdienst, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Amazing organized Solution

I liked the admin panel and how it is easy to manage teamfolders and personal folders for each team member. It helps everyone to keep organized in the team.

I'd like to have more collaboration tools integrated

james
CEO in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Secure Cloud Based File Sharing for MSPs

Kommentare: Great!

The fact that we can send securely to users that don't have a license and we have the option for them to access via a portal - this has been huge and it's very helpful for us and our customers.

The pricing is a bit high but at the same time we haven't had any issues with it. It would be nice if there was a monthly pricing option

Tibor
CEO in Ungarn
Großhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Budaker Review Hungary

Kommentare: Very positive experience, great support team, always ready to solve problems within 24 hours.

Easy to set up, user friendly system. Easy recovery of deleted files

Missing local support, and language. FileSync trouble shooting information missing. How to's regarding installation or remove of client sync programs.

Harold
Systems Engineer in USA
Bau, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

File Cloud review

Kommentare: Good

It was Easy to implement and users had no problems adapting to it.

I don't have any dislikes. It performed exactly as advertised

Derek
Systems Engineer, IT in Kanada
Druck, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Game Changer!!

Kommentare: We did not want to use a hosted cloud file sharing option to move aware from our outdated and clunky ftp server. Filecloud's on prem option was exactly what we needed to get into an intuitive "cloud" style file sharing and collaboration platform while still retaining full control of our data and keeping it onsite. can't say enough good things about this product, it's very mature, well thought out and executed, and everything just works!

-on prem option -in depth granular control of EVERYTHING!! incredible! -feels like a very mature and well thought out/executed solution -intuitive and easy to use for end users -awesome support for syncing and sharing across all platforms -incredible and helpful support team that are with you 100% of the way

-the admin side isn't quite as intuitive as the end user front end. with that said, you just need to work with their support team to get a tutorial and walkthrough to wrap your head around how to configure everything and then you are good to go.

Travis
Office Manager in Kanada
Landwirtschaft, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Filecloud Review

Kommentare: Very good experience, very good customer care, we are very happy. About a year after we started using Filecloud our corporate partners were hit with a ransomeware attack which affected the entire franchise network and many of our sister businesses lost all their saved documents. Because we were using Filecloud we were unaffected, nothing was lost. This event demonstrated clearly to us that we had made the right choice.

Very easy to use, lets us work from home, no more need to worry about backups. We were able to get rid of our large difficult to use server. Our IT help needs went way down and we can do most of it ourselves now.

There is a slight time delay when we first started using it. We had to upgrade our internet and then it was ok.

Tremayne
System Admin in USA
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

All good, no filler

Kommentare: I enjoy using this. The new UI and functionality is beautiful. Using SSO with Azure makes adding users a breeze

I love the file sharing and collaboration option, the advanced security to prevent data leakage is excellent. The price is vert aggressive compared to other cloud file storage. The sync with my on prem servers allow business continuity in case of emergency.

It can be very technical to get everything you want out of it. Lots of customization through XML can be challenging if not use to it.