KidKare Bewertungen

von Minute Menu Systems

Über KidKare

KidKare is a childcare management software that saves you time & money while caring for children. It ensures compliance with the USDA.

Erfahre mehr über KidKare

Cheryl W.
Owner/ Operator/Teacher
  • Bewertet am 2.1.2019

"Love being able to record my childcare meals online"

Kommentare: I love my experience as far as my child care business goes. I have not used the accounting software but I am considering signing up for that.
As I stated, the customer service side is the only downfall so far. I haven't had to use the customer service for a while so I hope it has improved.

Vorteile: I love the ease and availability on different devices to record my meals and attendance.

Nachteile: Customer service is very slow when you do need help...it takes days and sometimes weeks to get no answer most times. Very frustrating to say the least.

• Bewertet am 2.1.2019
Tamara E.
  • Bewertet am 19.11.2019

"KidKare "

Kommentare: Very good product and company. I’m not sure the recent pay increase was warranted though. Nothing new so not sure why the price went up. Our county agency mentioned this at a meeting.

Vorteile: I love the ease of use after you use it for a bit. You do have remember the exact name of the forms you need to print etc... overall very basic and easy to learn. Lots of video to explain as well. Customer service has grown greatly. I think their customer grew so rapidly they got overwhelmed in the beginning. Doing great now.

Nachteile: I wish their was a better defined drop drown list for files you need to copy each month for your own records. I’m still clicking around finding the forms. It’s prob just me but it can take a minute.

• Bewertet am 19.11.2019
Melissa H.
  • Bewertet am 18.1.2018

"Disappointing, abysmal performance"

Kommentare: electronic reporting to CACFP

Vorteile: Web based application you can access from any device, simple data entry Nothing else to say good about this product, however, there aren't enough characters in the con category

Nachteile: Providers were forced to switch to this new program no later than October 2017. Once switched you quickly find that multiple features we had access to in Minute Menu were no longer available. On top of that, not all the reports work correctly, payments are not processing on time, not all invoices generate appropriately, parents have been double invoiced, parents were sent invoices from providers in other states with other children's names, child care rate, the providers name, address, and EIN number. There's also been instances of data being dropped out of the program that had been previously saved by the provider. The customer service is best described as non existent. It may take MONTHS for them to respond to a help ticket, that is if they respond at all. You will also find that your help tickets will get "closed" with zero communication and without the issue being resolved. We have been assured that the issues would get better, but in fact, the issues seem to be coming more and more regularly. This company absolutely does not provide what they promised or what we are paying for. IF you choose to use this program you will find yourself spending extra time re-entering information you've already input, calming parents down about double bills, and most likely experience getting your money late on a regular basis. There are other programs out there, I would suggest you find them because you will find nothing but frustration with KidKare.

• Bewertet am 18.1.2018
Jennifer J.
Provider
  • Bewertet am 14.9.2019

"Kids menu easy option! "

Kommentare: It’s a saving time for me because I plan ahead my menus, saved and I just have to include who is present or no! It is a great tool to have.

Vorteile: I love that it is very convenient to use and you can use anytime and anywhere! It is a better option for providers to do their menu with more time ahead and we don’t have to deal with papers no more !

Nachteile: There are few things that I like them to improve. First how you can go back and edit on the menus assistants in children, and how to add the numbers on each child.

• Bewertet am 14.9.2019
Holly W.

"Holly's review"

Kommentare: I'm able to see reports on how many meals i served and which meals are more attended. This software helps for records for tax purposes as well.

Vorteile: I like the ability to copy days from previous menus as well as build my own library of menus to choose from.
Also the pre planned menus are very good when your're short on time

Nachteile: I don't like that the use scheduled times key was removed. It made it easier to adjust those times if necessary but now every day manually put in all the times which could and usually are the same every day.

Daniel M.
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.8.2019

"KidKare saves the day"

Vorteile: The programs are constantly improving and building to improve record keeping with an ease for the user. The platform requires minimal training, which saves a tremendous amount of time/effort in onboarding new staff. The accounting features have greatly improved our management.

Nachteile: Using the software the past year and a half, I have not run into any issues. A few questions which have been swiftly remedied/supported by their customer care team.

• Bewertet am 8.8.2019
Jeanette B.
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

"Kidkare"

Kommentare: Tracking children and meals are super easy with this program.

Vorteile: This program is very easy to use. Tracking the children and meals have been super easy.

Nachteile: There is nothing that I don't like so far with this program, except maybe not being able to bring back a withdrawn child easily.

Chandra B.
Administration
  • Bewertet am 3.1.2020

"Saves thecTrees"

Kommentare: The app can be loaded on your phone which allows you to record meals at time of service.

Vorteile: The minute menu allows you to record meals eaten by the children, without wasting paper.. The app is convenient and easy to navigate.

Nachteile: The app can sometimes freeze. Which may take a few hours to update and allow you to record the meals.

• Bewertet am 3.1.2020
Seth Z.
Admin Assistant
  • Bewertet am 19.9.2019

"KidKare is the way to go"

Kommentare: Overall, I have always had an enjoyable and smooth experience with this software.

Vorteile: This particular software was very easy to use. It is quite intricate and instructional as well as enjoyable to use.

Nachteile: There was nothing that I did not like with regard to this particular software. I enjoy its simplicity.

• Bewertet am 19.9.2019
Michelle C.
  • Bewertet am 2.9.2019

"Easy to use"

Vorteile: I found it easy to use. Very user freindly

Nachteile: I really did not have any problems with the software

• Bewertet am 2.9.2019
Sandra D.
Owner-Operator
Verbraucherdienste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.12.2018

"Glad I FINALLY changed over from paper to computer"

Kommentare: This program is a time saver. I do not like change. I am a long time participant of the food program. For many years I have been doing it on the forms. Once this computer program came out, I still did not want to make the change. Every time I would get a visit from the Food Program the ladies would ask me if I was sure I did not want to change, they thought I would really like it. For a few years I still used the paper forms and finally I decided I would try the computer software and if I didn't like it I could always go back to my old way. Oh my goodness. I absolutely loved it. Why did I not do it sooner..Duh It just made the whole process of doing the Food Program so much easier and less time consuming. I though it was great. There is always room for improvement. Who knows maybe the cons I listed above will one day be Incorporated into this software making it the "Perfect" program.

Vorteile: Very easy to learn. If certain things on the page are not right you can't go on. Once you get the hang of it. The whole process of doing your daily work is a breeze. Only taking a few minuets of your time each day.

Nachteile: I think the thing I like least is that it doesn't tell you more of what you are doing wrong. Example: If you accidentally marked too many kids for that certain day, or if you didn't mark that you didn't feed a whole wheat bread for that particular day although you always do but may have miss marked it , if a child is marked down but is not usually there on that certain day. I think that if it would tell us these things there would be less mistakes on the error and summary reports. Overall its a great program

• Bewertet am 3.1.2019

"Kidkare review from Karlyn's Little Blessings"

Kommentare: Overall I love the website and everything it offers i just wish there were a few improvements to make it faster to log everything for the day and create menus.

Vorteile: i love how easy it is to use and navigate through the website for the most part. I use quick books for my payroll but it is extremely complicated to create invoices and log everyday expenses for my business and that is why I have chosen to continue to use kidkare.

Nachteile: I would say that there are a few things that are little complicated and not very user friendly, like creating a custom menu to use every month, it takes entirely way to long to create, and trying to figure out how to reuse a menu every month is a little complicated as well. it seems like every time i try to re use a menu for the next month it always skips days and i have to go in and fill in the blanks.
I also wish that there was a way to automatically check every child in for a meal that way i am not having to click on each individual child and then if there is one child that was not there for that meal i could just unclick their name.
When trying to send in a report for the month it can take all day to even send it in because the website seems to shut down.

Daycare Provider
  • Bewertet am 12.1.2019

"KidKare Software Review"

Kommentare: Customer service in fantastic. I was originally running a state certified daycare and utilizing KidKare with the CACFP food program and then decided to start doing daycare from home and run it as an unregulated daycare. When I closed my daycare in town and quit the CACFP program, my sponsor automatically withdrew me from the program but I was still being charged for it each month even though I was not able to log in and use the program. I contacted customer service and asked if they could get me back into that account or credit the money that had been auto-paid out of my bank account to the new KidKare account that I had created when I started doing daycare at home. They weren't able to reconnect me to the original account, but added credit to the new one that I had created, no questions asked. They've been very helpful with anything else that I have contacted them with as well.

Vorteile: I like that everything is in one place. I can track pick-up and drop-off times, keep track of my daycare finances, plan meals, etc. all in one place. I don't need a hundred different apps/programs to run my daycare business.

Nachteile: I really wish that the Check-In/Out times would transfer directly over for each child when you pull up their name to create invoices at the end of the week. It would make creating invoices A LOT quicker! And maybe there is a way to do this and I just haven't figured it out yet!

• Bewertet am 12.1.2019
Renita H.
Owner and Director
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 13.12.2018

"Didn't want to make the change."

Kommentare: With KidKare I am able to produce menu's, accounting reports, financial reports, parents statements, and the best thing yet detail reports for my tax consultant which I use to do on Excel. I know I am very pleased using the system. I can even use the system on my cell while taking a break during a meeting away from my facility - convenience is everything!

Vorteile: When I switched from Minute Menu I was terrified that this new system would be a nightmare to use, learn, and manipulate to fit my program. Little did I know after using the software that I would love it even more than Minute Menu. Yes there were some glitches in the beginning, but customer service was dead on it and cleared problems asap. Once I learned how to operate the system I was out training other providers that were as terrified as I was.

Nachteile: When printing a menu I have too much wasted white space even after clicking on the arrow to hide the drop-down questions of which report to print. I do miss under the child's information Minute Menu would show the years and months age

Wanda L.
Owner/ teacher
  • Bewertet am 18.12.2018

"Sunshine Kids"

Kommentare: Just dislike when we can't enter at time of service because KidKare may be down. Seems to do it alot towards end of month or fisrt 3-5 of month....

Vorteile: Love the fact I can add the kids photo. I like that infants are separated- very confusing when on MM... But alot of the infant under 12mos eat same solid food as other kids., would be nice if copied foods from older children and we choose to delete what they didn't eat, and change as needed....

Nachteile: Can't easily access the children's ages. We use this alot for if they are on Voucher program. It ask for year and the months of the children. It use to be in the kids information area when it was MM.... alot of the infant under 12mos eat same solid food as other kids., would be nice if copied foods from older children showed up and we choose to delete what they didn't eat, and change as needed.... since I puree my food for the younger kids.

• Bewertet am 18.12.2018
Debra G.

"KidKare Saves Time"

Kommentare: I have used it for sometime, 3 yrs I think or longer. I don't know what I would do without it. I am not the most organized person and this program makes it so easy.

Vorteile: It is easy to use and very helpful. I love that I put in my receipts and file them away. When tax time comes I just hit print on the forms I need and hand them to my tax guy and he does the rest. Stress-free.

Nachteile: I am not a huge fan of the parent pay portion. I send the invoice and it takes a full 7 days to post to my account. I would think with technology today that they could move this along much quicker. I only have one family that uses this feature because I don't pro-actively offer it due to the time it takes to post. It works great and is really nice to have and if it posted in 2-3 days I would probably request most if not all my parents to use this service.

Judy A.
Director, teacher, owner
  • Bewertet am 20.12.2018

"Helpful Additions"

Kommentare: I have not utilized the program to its entirity. It provides so many options to assist with the effieciency of the program and paperwork, taxes, record keeping. I would like an in service or training on the options concerning tax record keeping, money and space, and daily record keeping. Management skills would be so much better if I made use of these management tools.

Vorteile: The software is easy to work through as information is added or deleted to a child's profile,
The software allows easy access to profiles, meal status, claim reviews and updates,
The message board and file is very helpful to review old and new information, and
The reminders as post are made is very helpful for meal entries.

Nachteile: Concern:
It may be the user; however, I have not been able to send messages via the software to the provider .

• Bewertet am 20.12.2018
Tammie W.
Childcare Professional
  • Bewertet am 12.12.2018

"Quick and easy"

Kommentare: My experience has been pretty good considering that I used a similar software in Chicago when I was doing childcare. The only issue I have is not the software but the reimbursement, providers should received their reimbursements direct deposit and that would make it over all the best. In Chicago we received reimbursements direct deposit so there were no worries.

Vorteile: I love the idea of printing parent sign in/sign out sheets, the software is quick and easy when putting in meals. I love the feature if you want to plan meals ahead of time that it's possible and the software automatically puts the menu in when that day comes, I also like the feature that you can use for tax preparation. It is so easy to use especially a childcare provider with a busy schedule throughout the day. It is the best software out here. I love it.

Nachteile: I have no complaints. The only thing about the program that I am not excited about would be that we don't receive direct deposit.

• Bewertet am 12.12.2018
Natalie E.
Daycare Owner
  • Bewertet am 22.1.2019

"Couldn't run my business without it! "

Kommentare: My overall experience with KidKare has been positive. I have been using Minute Menu/KidKare since 2013 when I opened my daycare and I couldn't imagine doing everything without it.

Vorteile: I use every part of this software except the food program because I do not provide food for my daycare. The check in and check out part is perfect for my everyday needs, auto generating invoices weekly is the best and takes a lot of work off my plate and keeping track of my expenses and mileage throughout the year makes my tax season that much easier.

Nachteile: I would like to see the software be made into an app as I use my smart phone to do daily check in and check outs. I have to continuously sign into the webpage as it kicks me out after a certain amount of time.

• Bewertet am 22.1.2019
Katherine O.
Owner/operator
Lebensmittelproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.12.2018

"Dragging and Kicking"

Kommentare: There has been some problems but to be honest, they have been due to my inexperience of doing online reporting . I feel like a pro now and have not had many problems since.

Vorteile: I refused to go online to do my reporting. I like a pen in my hand and a page to write on. Boy was I wrong. Once I was forced to join and ask myself "what took you so long to wise up." Reporting online is the best.

Nachteile: The time line constraints. Life happens. I usually report at the end of my day. One day towards the end of my day my father was taken to emergency with a small stroke, I called my backup, licensed helper and rushed down to the hospital. I got back home in the early hours of the next day. There has been a few similar situations that have come up and I was not able to report my day. I feel that there should be some arrangement where you could be given a grace period, for instance five times a year.

• Bewertet am 8.12.2018
Rayna D.
Owner/provider
  • Bewertet am 20.7.2018

"I have been using KidKare as MMK then KK. It helps up keep track of everything pretty well. "

Vorteile: Web based! Love that I can access it from my phone or tablet. I like that my teachers can login and complete attendance.

Nachteile: I hate the look of the invoices. The web address at the bottom confuses my clients, they try to login to it. I also don't like the look of the new invoices, they are small and crammed up into the top 2/3 of the page. I miss having a report to print for birthdays, emergency contacts, etc. I would also like to see a printable weekly attendance schedule. We fill in the hours the child is in care in their general info, the software should be able to print out a daily or weekly roster with those hours filled in. It helps to plan coverage since we are a ratio driven program.

• Bewertet am 20.7.2018
Marlene M.
Licensed Childcare Provider
Gastgewerbe, Selbstständig

"Ease of Use"

Kommentare: I have been extremely satisfied, minus all the small details! Thank you for all you do for us who provide for the young and old alike. God Bless and Happy New Year

Vorteile: When I started doing the food program online for my daycare, I was only able to do it on a computer and now that KidKare has taken over, it has made it possible to be able to still program all my meals but yet I can do it on the couch in the same room as the children as they sleep!! This was the biggest improvement to me since I was always stuck upstairs in my room while my family was spending time together. Customer support is amazing and the monitors that represent this area ( Wyoming) are phenomenal!

Nachteile: The big thing in the beginning from switching from webkids to this was that there was a button to select all kids instead of pressing each one. This made it difficult for me since I have a large number of kids most days, then I would depress the ones that weren't there for that day. Made it so much easier. Now, there is the sign in time for each child which takes extra time to do instead of just clicking on the child. I do everything at the end of the month all at once so having to do that is just another annoying step for me

Deanna H.
Childcare Provider
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 13.1.2019

"Your own personal accountant"

Kommentare: Recording your meals and attendance couldn't be any easier. You can use your smart phone or computer to record your menus and attendance. Once I found out about the scheduled menus where you can save your frequently used meals, it became even easier. I like that at the end of each month, I can enter all my receipts, hours, and mileage. You can even do it weekly and save yourself HOURS, DAYS, WEEKS of preparing for taxes at the end of the year! I wish I would have signed up earlier and I could have saved myself all that time preparing. This makes it so much less scary when doing your own record keeping.

Vorteile: I like the ability to record all aspects of my business. Recording your meals served, kids attendance, and business expenses all in one software. It's very easy to keep organized, which for a lot of us is difficult since we don't have a lot of time to spend on ourselves when caring for the children.

Nachteile: I don't like that the software doesn't send notifications or reminders. Being a daycare provider, we are busy and having the ability to have the software send a reminder that you haven't logged in recently would be so helpful.

Candice C.
Child care provider
  • Bewertet am 12.4.2019

"Love this program "

Kommentare: My overall experience I love KidKare and I intend to keep using this system!

Vorteile: What I love most about this program is that i can keep track of all my business expenses. It’s makes filing my taxes so easy. It separates the expenses in the areas they need to be for doing taxes and it tallies up the total for you. I also love that I can make my menus on there and save them for future months.

Nachteile: My only con is I am unable to use it for my clients to sign in and out without them altering their times. So therefore I use a different system for that. Along with not being able to have a live feed for the parents to see how the children’s day are going.

• Bewertet am 12.4.2019
Kelly T.
owner Wiggles ' Giggles Childcare
  • Bewertet am 9.12.2018

"Great software!"

Kommentare: It just makes keeping up with the report easier. I also wish it had just a spreadsheet to fill in parent's payments with a running total. I don't want invoices, etc.

Vorteile: I love the ease of completing the forms.

Nachteile: The only thing that I wish it did, which it says it does but it doesn't, is the ability to print the children's in/out times to compare with the food attendance report before submitting it. It has a print button but doesn't print anything. I also wish there was a report to check the child's meals versus the in/out time. I do the verify the in/out times but every once in a while I get an error on my claim report that says "child not present for meal."

• Bewertet am 9.12.2018