Bill.com is my 1st choice for efficient and fully automated AP system!

Bewertet am 6.3.2019
Barbara S.
VP Finance
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are a global company with 1,300+ people in US and internationally. We use Bill.com for all our Accounts Payable in US and internationally. We totally automated Accounts Payable using Bill.com and we have very pleasant positive experience.

Vorteile: My company is a global company with US head quarters and multiple international locations. In Bill.com, the billing and payment is totally automated. Approval process is excellent. As a manager, I get regular emails for bill approval. I can approve, disapprove, make comments and they go to user right away. The system is especially useful for companies with international locations and multiple US locations like my company. With Bill.com, all accounts payable is centralized and automated. We also managed to save a lot of staff costs with Bill.com. As AP is automated, we use finance staff from Eastern European locations to process AP using Bill.com. This is significant cost savings. First of all, with Bill.com the AP process and related approval is totally automated which minimizes staff costs. We are able to use finance staff for AP where wages are 3-5 times lower than US. Overall, this is a great system and my choice # 1 for AP automation!

Nachteile: Bill.com is a great system. I really don't think of any disadvantages. I just encourage Bill.com to develop and process more with newest financial innovations like automation and machine learning.

Fantastic AP Processing, with Some AR frustrations

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Ivy M.
General Manager
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Aside from a few minor irritations regarding syncing with Quickbooks and document photo cropping on the iOS app, Bill.com has been an amazing addition to our workflow. Things are easier on the operations and accounting side, and our record keeping and bill payments are more timely and more accurate. This software easily pays for itself.

Vorteile: We use this program in concert with a remotely hosted instance of Quickbooks Enterprise Desktop edition. My team can forward bills and upload receipts as they come in, and sit down once a week to process them all through to create bills that appear in Quickbooks. This has not only improved the timliness of our AP data, but it's also increased the accuracy of account and job allocations. We've also lowered our monthly CPA bills by about 40% because the reconciliations are much smoother. The text recognition works very well and saves alot of time. We use bill.com to pay 1099 contractors via a secure direct deposit, which has saved alot of time and effort mailing and hand-delivering checks.

Nachteile: I don't like that vendor credit memos cannot sync to Quickbooks. I don't like that edits to invoices created in Bill.com won't sync to Quickbooks. To work around this, our sales team always clones and deletes invoices when they need to edit them. However this wouldn't be an acceptable workaround if we actually used Bill.com to send the invoices to our customers. I don't like that the iOS app doesn't crop document uploads anymore. It used to do so.

Small-Mid Cap Business AP and AR Automation

Bewertet am 17.12.2019
Assurance Associate - Tech
Buchhaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I would recommend using Bill.com to automate your AP and AR functions. It provides easy to use guides and the customer service is on point.

Vorteile: I use it every day to keep track of bills and to pinpoint what needs to be paid. I really like that there is AI built in the software.

Nachteile: I don't like how the software handles international bills. The UI is different between the United States and when we use our subsidiary account.

New April 2019 Interface HORRIBLE!

Bewertet am 29.4.2019
Manager, Finance and Operations
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: My company and I have used Bill.com for several years and it was so easy to use and made our vendor payments a breeze, but now it’s just absolutely awful. My entire finance staff hates the new interface. Nothing is streamlined at all and the way it’s set up now goes against common sense because the flow is just terrible. The bills and the payments section are broken out into 2 different tabs which is so inefficient because you can no longer take a quick glance as to which bill matches what payment without making several clicks to get this info. Also, I can’t see if a vendor check or ePayment has cleared at a glance in the payment tab since I have to click open the actual payment for this info now. There’s so much wasted space where the vendor details used to be when you open a vendor profile. There are just 3 unhelpful lines of vendor info and 90% empty white space which takes up half my viewing screen. When I edit the vendor details, the country of residence is at a section on top instead of being grouped with the address section. When I try to set a vendor up for ePayment, I no longer have the option of finding them by their name+email, now it’s only by their Vendor display name. We work with a lot of vendors where the ‘pay to’ is an agency so we aren’t able to easily connect a vendor for ePayment. I’m going to have my company move to something else since ruined user experience. I don’t know who the developed this new interface, but it certainly wasn’t an accountant.

Vorteile: I used to think Bill.com was amazing and would have given it a 5 out of 5 just a month ago. However, with the new interface update that rolled out in April 2019 I’m downgrading my rating to 1 out of 5. See my review below.

Nachteile: The new interface is awful and not efficient AT ALL. See my review below.

Most cost effective Accounts Payable System

Bewertet am 2.4.2019
Ashwin M.
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: No complaints with using this system as any user can easily learn and understand the process.

Vorteile: Cost of the system if super inexpensive and the capabilities work smoothly with Quickbooks, very user-friendly and paperless

Nachteile: The more you print, the costs will increase. I wish there was a set amount you could pay monthly.

Business Practices and Customer Service make product AWFUL

Bewertet am 25.11.2019
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The WORST! Bill.com has done nothing but lie to me about their international payments. They lied about comparable exchange rates. They processed an international payment, showed it as "cleared" and then held it for several weeks forcing me to provide additional information on the payment. The vendor never received it and I have still not received the funds back over 2 weeks later. Be careful using their systems as they can hold your funds and really mess up your cash flow.

Vorteile: The product is good. It's what accountants need...that's it.

Nachteile: Having to deal with Bill.com customer service in any aspect.

Simplified Automation at the Speed of Light

Bewertet am 19.6.2019
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The overall experiences with Bill.com are highly favorable. I believe that if more emphasize has been given in the areas needed further input has been prioritized then the system as a whole would perform even better than it currently does.

Vorteile: This software allowed the company I worked with the flexibility of meeting needs from all aspects. The ability to have predictable business cash flow, online organized documentation, real-time automatic updates that can be used on various devices is a game changer for businesses both small and large.

Nachteile: The inclusion of additional customization for invoice templates. This along with a few other software features that are not fluid across the board that relies on the accounting system being utilized is a concern.

Great Product, Could Improve Design

Bewertet am 27.9.2019
Christy S.
Accounting Manager
Buchhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall a really solid product, with just a few defects that could be improved.

Vorteile: Bill.com is great for being able to set up different roles and multiple approvers. Bills are easy to add through the inbox, and integrates really well with QBO overall! They also are continually improving on international payments!

Nachteile: The design seems so old and clunky. The user-interface could really use a reboot. Additionally, better reporting for an overall picture would be very helpful!

Great Software!

Bewertet am 26.8.2019
Lauren F.
Financial Coordinator
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I like that it is user friendly and even has an app to go along with the website to make processing even easier.

Nachteile: That I am not able to disable the control settings to where users can not change the settings that the company sets up.

Helps keep our invoices and bills organized and paid on time

Bewertet am 6.8.2019
Jen S.
Multimedia Designer
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Bill.com allows us to keep doing what we do, and not stress over the billing process. It streamlines and tracks everything for us.

Nachteile: The backend can get a little confusing, but for my purposes, it is fine

Bill.com for Account Payable

Bewertet am 20.2.2019
Kelsie K.
Director of Human Resources
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This is a big help for Account Payable. You can track and manager all pay out in an one place. You can see approval, requestor, total amount, history, etc. Also, you can deny the pay out without exchanging tons of email to the requestor.

Vorteile: 1. Can store all your independent contractors' information including the contract and W9. There is an attached file option. 2. Can approve via mobile 3. Can track a vendor's history, payout, approval 4. Can add as many approval as you want 5. So easy to use. Drag the paperwork and upload 6. Email notification of status, from approval to pay out 7. Can add multiple entities for one user. For example, I manage two organizations and with one log in, I can access both 8. Communicates with other accounting software

Nachteile: The preview window can be improved. There is a preview and another pop up to write an expense. Somehow it is confusing sometimes.

Though a bit pricey , Bill.com offers a unique stand alone , automated website based accounts payable and recievable service and robust options for integration.

Bewertet am 1.5.2018
Louis C.
Lead Purchase / Sales
2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We as a company relished the idea of using a stand-alone website-based system to automate our accounts payable and receivable and found Bill.com.
Bill.com is almost peerless as it offers convenient integration with Quickbooks online that we use regularly. We can now create invoices and have customers pay online, as well the ability to create particular ACH accounts which allow for direct payment into our account as opposed to a percentage of the transaction assessed so often by other companies offering similar services. Customer service access was difficult to help support our usage of some record keeping tools however in our final analysis if a company is just focusing on accounts payable and receivable and NOT a complete financial system, Bill.com fits the bill.

Vorteile: We absolutely loved the immediate integration with quick books online.
Our company found the user interface extremely easy to understand and even easier to use with well written executed menus and graphs.
Invoices are easy to compose and customers are afforded the ability to pay online which we found ultra convenient.

Nachteile: The cost structure we find a bit pricey for the more enterprise orientated company models.
As a company wants to integrate with other systems like Intacct or Netsuite, prior membership is required.

Exceeds expectations

Bewertet am 15.6.2018
Controller
Öffentliche Ordnung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: EASY set up and integration with QuickBooks online. Very intuitive UI. HUGE time-saver. It used to take a full day to do a weekly check run. I can now accomplish it in an hour and a half, MAX. Probably faster if we used more of the features. Has the ability to pay vendors via ACH and is less than half the cost per transaction than a paper check.

Nachteile: The add on to automatically enter invoices, while a very big value and totally worth the extra expense, doesn't take into consideration the vendors terms set up in Bill.com. So if you have an invoice from a vendor that says due upon receipt, but the vendor profile in bill.com is Net 30, Bill.com defaults to due on receipt. An override setting would be helpful. Getting vendors set up on ACH/EFT is a little tough for tech challenged folks.

Bill.com is THE BEST software for managing accounts payable!

Bewertet am 1.2.2018
Jennifer P.
Comptroller, CFO beginning 03/01/16
Immobilien, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: No mailing invoices/checks! The software prints the first page of the invoice on the bottom two stubs of the check. You can also pay your vendors electronically with a simple invite email AND the system emails your vendors to let them know payment is on the way!

Vorteile: I started using this software solely for its accounts payable function. You send your bills directly to the inbox, attach the document to the bill, then pay! You can even record bills paid outside of bill.com (credit card payments for example). You can also save vendor documents (contracts, W9s) within the vendor files. This software keeps us incredibly organized over multiple locations. HIGHLY recommend! (And it syncs seamlessly with QuickBooks!)

Nachteile: No cons! Great product! Keeps us organized and allows timely and effective bill payments to our vendors.

Good software for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions.

Bewertet am 25.9.2018
Senior Staff Accountant
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great software that helped our company's AP dept go paperless.

Vorteile: Bill.com is very easy to use. Great platform to digitally store all invoices and go paperless. Audit trail captures all transactions and dates which reduces the possibility of fraud. You can create approval chains and add/remove approvers to different invoices. Their customer service is top-notch. Their live chat reps are very helpful. Has the ability to sync with many popular accounting software (NetSuite, Quickbooks, Intact).

Nachteile: Syncing issues with NetSuite do occur from time to time but their customer support is very helpful in rectifying them. They recently updated their user interface and although it is more visually appealing than before, it doesn't function any better.

Quality AP processing

Bewertet am 24.1.2019
Daniel L.
Chief Operating Officer
Buchhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Bill.com has saved us several hours a month with as we have streamlined our customer payment collections as well as AP approval processes.

Vorteile: It is quick and easy to forward emails with bill attachments to bill.com for AP processing. It is one of the features we love about it. Being able to set up rules that require different approvers based off of the amount of the bill makes it so much easier for our firm to get bills into the right hands.

Nachteile: Reporting is limited. Using this module for AP and AR on a daily basis, it would be nice to have some better reporting built within the system.

Lets me manage multiple clients bills easily!

Bewertet am 19.1.2018
Hailley F.
Client Services Coordinator

Kommentare: Easier day at the office.

Vorteile: I like how clear everything is and how everything is interconnected. I also LOVE the customer service- the chat respondents are quick and almost always can help you right away, which makes such a huge difference when juggling multiple portfolios. I also love being able to easily keep all details regarding each invoice in a way that allows you to pull up reports right in the software. This is so useful.

Nachteile: It can be a little unclear exactly what the rules are regarding canceling transactions, especially when it comes to bills being sent in the mail vs. e-bills. A small reminder at the time of payment when an option is clicked would make a HUGE difference.

Bill.com is a great way to get rid of having to write paper checks.

Bewertet am 28.12.2017
Kelly S.
Controller and HR Director

Kommentare: Time saving.

Vorteile: I like that I can track when checks go out, if they've been cashed, and easily re-submit a check for repayment or for voiding. I like that I can invite anybody to pay via ePayment and they are in charge of entering their bank info in instead of me. I like that any paper checks that do go out, go out with a copy of the invoice you've uploaded into the system for ease of vendor tracking.

Nachteile: The refund or returned check feature doesn't always sync 100% properly with QBO (but 95% of the time it does).

Bill.com makes the ease of Accounts Payable online

Bewertet am 17.11.2016
Therese J.
Buchhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have several vendors that use Bill.com as well as I have used online bill paying service for the past 10 years. I enjoy being able to travel, be on the road and have access to my bills. Bill payment process is very easy and customer support very easy

Vorteile: All bills for the year in one place. I use the app a lot.
I am able to approve bills for my business from anywhere.

Nachteile: Being able to put some bills to not be viewed until they are needed to be paid versus popping up each month on the top of the bills.

Easy to use, simple, organized

Bewertet am 10.4.2018
Alex B.
Accounting Assistant

Vorteile: Helpful in keeping track of everything you've paid. Syncs easily with QB. Easy search features allows you to go back and view previously paid invoices. Fast payments. Tells you if payment is outstanding or not.

Nachteile: Sometimes can be a bit too simple. Would be nice to have some extra features. E.g. you can set up a recurring payment but you cannot edit any text that will appear on the check and it defaults with a date. Unable to add a contract number to a recurring payment.

Excellent A/P solution for small to medium-sized businesses

Bewertet am 11.4.2018
Cheryl W.
Consulting Asst Controller

Kommentare: Efficiency, ease of use and remote capabilities related to AP functions

Vorteile: Incredibly easy to use; I like that it easily syncs to QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Online software

Nachteile: I don't have any complaints about the software. I use it for quite a few accounting clients and have always found that if I run into a snag, the customer support chat team at Bill.com is able to assist me. Admittedly, the issues I've had have all been user errors, rather than shortcomings related to the software.

Great product with a few flaws

Bewertet am 9.1.2018
Partner
Buchhaltung

Kommentare: Love that they handle the payments for us!

Vorteile: It is easy to use for AP bill processing. I enjoy the fact that each client can have users login and code bills on their own, no pre-coding is required other than the vendor and amount. I like that you can search for all bills by vendor and see copies of checks. The audit trail is a great feature. Auditors do love it.

Nachteile: Although I love it and will use it still, I do struggle with a few things: 1) It takes all AP monies at one time instead of issuing checks that will clear the bank slowly, 2) It doesn't handle multi-entity perfectly 3) It is costly 4) the 1099 process is a bit more cumbersome than desired, 5) It requires manually adding approvers each time unless you setup rules based on amounts...no other rules options right now.

Bill.com Accounts Payable Review

Bewertet am 24.1.2019
Denise W.
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Bill.com has increased our productivity and accuracy, with very few issues.

Vorteile: The concept of having a digital copy of each bill/invoice/statement that you can open up at any time. This is exceptionally helpful during closing, if you need to verify something.

Nachteile: The fact that credits have to be posted in both bill.com and in your accounting software. It makes it double work when something needs to be credited off from a prior period.

Bill.com is really simply and easy to use

Bewertet am 26.7.2018
Josue H.
Network Engineer

Kommentare: bill.com is one of the fastest and efficiante way to import data to quickbooks and we used it every day.

Vorteile: Bill.com is really simply and easy to use and it works really well with Quickbooks that I can import data with no issues and this happens every day and I am glad that this software helps me to do my job a lot more easy.

Nachteile: No issues with bill.com its one of the best software I have used to work with Quickbooks to import my data

Used to be a leader, falling behind

Bewertet am 13.2.2018
Amy P.
Bookkeeper
2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The permissions are customizable, you can be very particular about how the QuickBooks sync happens, and the approval workflows are great. I appreciate being able to connect to Hubdoc, QBO, and Tallie, among other apps.

Nachteile: The customer service is awful. It used to be great, but now you’re lucky to get an email back at all. That is my biggest complaint. Coming in second is the other side of the customization piece: there are lots of ways to make things happen that you don’t want to happen. There are cheaper, simpler solutions out there for the less technologically initiated.