Webroot Business Endpoint Protection Erfahrungen

Über Webroot Business Endpoint Protection

Multi-Vektor-Schutz vor Viren und Malware, der vollständigen Schutz gegen alle heutigen hoch entwickelten Schadprogramm-Bedrohungen bietet.

Erfahre mehr über Webroot Business Endpoint Protection

Mac integration has been difficult since Catalina. Sometimes endpoint updates have adverse effects on performance.

Bewertungen zu Webroot Business Endpoint Protection

Webroot Business Endpoint Protection hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 212 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Webroot Business Endpoint Protection bereits verwendet?

Shawn

Steven
Steven
Operations Support Specialist in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Best of the best, but you pay for it

Kommentare: I continue to use the software at home and recommend to anyone out there to include Webroot in their list of vendors to evaluate. Do not let the technology get to you. Just because the software does something different than what you are used to, try it out before disregarding Webroot as a solution. We found Webroot easy to deploy with a light footprint which more than made up for the additional cost.

Webroot does an amazing job of removing and detecting threats to computers. We also found it very simple to install with a very light footprint on the computer. Users never complained about computer slow downs due to virus scans when we had Webroot deployed.

We faced two issues with Webroot. Their technology is impressive, but complicated. We never were able to really wrap our heads around how their technology worked compared to other antivirus / antispyware solutions, but it did work, and was quite successful at it. The other concern with Webroot was its price. It is the best software out there we have found for computer protection but it is among the most costly.

Rob
Senior Administrator in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Simple, light weight, and effective antivirus

Kommentare: We were a large enough deployment that we had assistance in our initial installation from a Webroot Engineer to setup the different policies for workstations, servers, and remote desktop servers. The understanding of the setting in the policies and having someone guide us to making the right decisions was key to making sure that we were protected and that Webroot did have any performance impact especially on our servers.

We use the software daily and find that it is easy to use and do not get any complaints from users about it slowing down their systems. Deployment and licensing is simple and can be done by sending an email with a link, group policy, or manual installation. We get alerts in near real time of any threats found and while we sometimes have to do additional remediation we have not had a serious outbreak.

We get false positives around generic Trojans that need to be whitelisted. The whitelisting of programs in by the MD5 hash of the files contained in the programs. The method for identifying and whitelisting the MD5 hash of files in the programs is not intuitive and is done by what Webroot sees as unidentified files. Since Webroot does not have the traditional whitelist a folder so it doesn't scan the folder for viruses that other AV systems use we are often having to explain and butt heads with software vendors who blame the AV for issues. Technical support is knowledgeable, but we had issues getting a hold of technical support and response to tickets is often 24 - 48 hours.

Antwort von OpenText

Thank you for all of the valuable feedback!

Nathan
Automotive, 2–10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Speed, but with sacrifices.

Kommentare: I've used Webroot Endpoint Protection for a little over two years. I've found every aspect of the product to be excellent except (and this is a big except) actual detection of threats, and client speed on OS X systems. Webroot allowed several common worms through at my client's location, and did not detect them on a standard Windows 7 installation, even on repeated scans, after I was able to confirm that the infected downloads and compromised .dll files were within the scope of protection. Needless to say, this did not inspire confidence. I wound up using a Kaspersky live stick to remove the infections, and installing a realtime threat detection system using Suricata and ClamAV to meet the data security needs of our clients and ensure we were meeting the obligations of our contracts.

Very easy to use and deploy, administrative console allows excellent granular controls of client privileges, scope of protection, and endpoint groups. Integrates with Windows server products for deployment (though I use Samba instead, so this was not an option), and provides a centralized point for administrator notification and action when compromised/infected systems are detected. Client seems relatively fast and works on multiple platforms, though see below re. OS X.

In my experience, Webroot, though the exposed end is fast and well-designed, does not reliably block or detect common threats. This is obviously a Big Deal in a product billed as enterprise-grade antivirus/antimalware. One employee at the affected client's office was able to download three separate third-party software installers containing malware payloads on a Saturday, install them, and work for a full weekend before I arrived back on Monday to complaints that her machine was being "slow and weird". I discovered that Webroot, though fully deployed and set to monitor downloads, warn on browsing, and scan the affected directories, simply had not alerted on anything. At that point, it doesn't matter how beautiful the interface may be: antimalware software which lets common malware through is essentially useless. Also, while there is an OS X client, it's buggy and slow. It causes problems with network browsing and network virtualization with both VirtualBox and VMware Fusion, and it results, for some reason, in systemwide UI slowdowns, which suggest to me that there may be some elemental problems with the codebase: use of deprecated APIs, memory leaks, etc.—not usable.

Antwort von OpenText

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us, Nathan. All threat related matters need to be handled by our Threat Team directly. You can open a ticket or contact our Team by phone for immediate assistance. Open a Support Ticket: http://mysupport.webrootanywhere.com/supportwelcome.aspx?SOURCE=ENTERPRISEWSA Business Technical Support: Call 1-866-254-8400 Regards, Josh P. Digital Care Coordinator

Anthony
Sr Systems Admin in USA
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Clear Winner in a Crowded Field of Protection

Kommentare: Overall it is very easy to find antivirus protection but when it comes to minimal false negatives and no resource hogging clients this is the clear winner.

Webroot is a thin, non-system resource intensive anti-virus and malware protection suite. We have tried countless renditions of protection but none offer the amount of protection and ease of use as Webroot. We deploy the client from the web panel and each user is managed in groups with group policies set within our management console. All viruses, malware, and other threats are reported and handled by the client and admins are notified of the threat. The good thing is that the deployment talks to our cloud based management whenever internet is accessed. Users can't disable the client either without our administrative overview.

The only con I can see is we have had a couple clients that appeared twice in the management and with no rhyme or reason. This was fixed by removing both an reinstalling the client on those particular clients. The good news is that it only happened once or twice.

Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, Selbstständig

Excellent Antivirus software

Kommentare: My overall experience has been positive, I have no issues with this product and I use it for all of my customer which is almost 100 at this time.

Simple interface, easy to use, no update necessary, streaming definition, easy to install, and takes seconds to deploy

I wish the firewall was more advance and has more customization, I believe they need to work on this.

Antwort von OpenText

Thank you for the honest feedback!

Carl
CEO in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Webroot found the virus & kept my computer protected well !!

Kommentare: I used many computer security companies but Webroot overall gave me and my friends our monies worth in virus protection alone. Almost everyone I suggested Webroot to bought & installed it, they were quite impressed at how much better their computers & other devices ran so much smoother.

The first initial scan found a virus that another security software couldn't detect. I also like how I and my friends could use this software on multiple devices for free.

The price escalating about ten dollars or more per year subscription but still a great value. The password protection needs to be more user-friendly.

Antwort von OpenText

Appreciate your feedback about our need to make things more user friendly!

Evan
Vessel IT Team Lead in USA
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Small, Easy to Deploy Cloud Endpoint Protection

Kommentare: we were able to stop a zero day trojan that came through almost immediately. That was impressive.

The web console is very easy to use, and allows you to control profiles and quarantine files or paths.

It has a few times marked good files as bad, and caused some software not to run or work correctly. These instances are few and far between

Antwort von OpenText

Thank you so much for writing this review! I'm glad to hear that Webroot's cloud-based protection was able to catch that 0-day Trojan! This is a huge benefit of the tech we used compared to our competitors - your protection is ALWAYS up to date! -Webroot community team

Nathan
IT Coordinator in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use and setup

Quick setup, runs well in the background

more reports/alerts on clean scans, what was scanned

Thanks for the feedback!

Robert
Robert
IT in USA
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great low noise AV

Kommentare: This has been a great product for the lower priced AV out there.

It's very non-intrusive on the desktops. It only lets you know it's working when it finds something. I like the low overhead vs some of the others out there.

It's not as full featured as others with AI detection. Not sure how zero-day detections are with this vs higher end products

Gary
Gary
Public Information Officer in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Keeps computer secure

Kommentare: We've had no issues with Webroot to date, so it seems to be a pretty good security suite that runs unobtrusively.

We got this security software package when purchasing computers and support package from Best Buy/Geek Squad. The program runs in the background with minimal CPU usage and hasn't allowed any suspicious malware, viruses, etc. on the computers (as far as I can tell). It also has a web browser app that keeps you secure when browsing the internet on your phone.

There's not much reporting with this software. I like to see what it scanned, what it discovered, and actions taken, but in more detail.

Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Webroot, a powerful antivirus to keep your computer safe.

Kommentare: Currently I am administrator of a Webroot console in which I have the management of several organizations and it has been a good experience when you compare the behavior of the endpoint in different equipment, complies with that is due to find threats, generate reports and prepare exceptions. In the latter the exceptions merit a little time to get more out of it, it is not easy to elaborate them if you do not have knowledge of how Webroot works. The deployment of commands facilitates progress to perform some activities.

I have been working with Webroot for more than 2 years and has covered part of our needs. Your database is kept up to date for any threat, the management of the console is attractive and the documentation is very helpful. The control of policies is worth highlighting because if you have a large organization you can set parameters for different sectors and with different configurations that are very useful, even the notifications via email for the followers of the console serves as support.

Webroot has many nice things in its projection as antivirus, but has some things to adjust, for example the generation of report endpoints without updating after a certain time. In mobile devices I have had little experience but it has happened that the update must be done manually. I think they should improve it.

Tammy
Business Manager in USA
Medizinische Praxis, Selbstständig

Cost effective Antivirus Software

Kommentare: Overall I like Webroot. I had a lot of problems with other antivirus software causing some programs not to function properly so I will continue using Webroot for now.

The software is easy to use and seems to do a thorough job of scanning all files. I haven't had any virus infections since installing the software. It's easy to navigate through the different functions and set up specific parameters.

There are some programs that Webroot blocks and will not let me access. This has caused me to have to access these programs on a laptop instead of the desktop it's installed on which is cumbersome. I think it's a firewall issue but I haven't found a work around yet.

Antwort von OpenText

Thanks so much for leaving a review for Webroot! Regarding the blocking of certain files/programs, this can be resolved by using the whitelist functionality within Webroot. If you need assistance using this feature, please see this link: https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#ManagingQuarantine/BlockingOrAllowingFiles.htm%3FTocPath%3DManaging%2520Quarantine%7C_____2

Timothy
Sr. Community Impact Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Webroot Works Anywhere

Not a lot to say. It's supposed to protect your computer from viruses, and it does just that. No problems since using it for the past few years. Way less intrusive than Norton and others (pop-ups, etc).

No real problems. It does what is supposed to.

Antwort von OpenText

Glad you are having a good experience using Webroot! Thanks for the feedback!

Tyler
IT Director in USA
Architektur & Planung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

hands down the best. Webroot is who you want watching your back.

Kommentare: If you want real protection software, that wont slow your computer down or kill your wallet. Webroot is it! Nothing is better.

Cost effective Support agents, actually know their product Low resource Effective security Ease of use

Central management console only allows for reboots of the agent. I would like more control, remediation, and notification. no reports i can find so far.

Antwort von OpenText

Thanks for the review, Tyler. Always know that we have your back! It's our privileged. I saw that you'd like more reporting functionality and control. The team and I have seen these requests come in recently from others as well. Please feel free to add your own thoughts and ideas to our Feature Request section so that you can help us make Webroot even better! Business Feature Requests: https://community.webroot.com/t5/Feature-Requests/idb-p/ent4 All the best and thank you again! Webroot Community Support Team

Emily
Dispatcher in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Webroot Review

Kommentare: I use Webroot on a daily basis and have been extremely satisfied with how quickly threats are removed on endpoints.

Easy for users to scan their own PC. Sites that need attention stick out in the portal and are easy to access right away.

Webroot portal could be a little bit easier to navigate. We also have issues with Webroot installed on Macs and needing to uninstall and reinstall the software multiple times in order for it to properly report.

Tiefbau, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Webroot - Safe and Secure

Kommentare: It is doing a pretty decent job for me since installation and I hope you can also keep your files safely without annoying pop-ups. A simple interface and powerful feature. Highly recommended.

A simple interface with powerful features. Webroot did not consume too much of RAM and protect your files safe and secure. It does not take more time for scanning process & it was quick and efficient. And it not annoying for daily updates and it works smoothly in background. Price wise it worthy when compared to other antivirus softwares and moreover it does not slow down the PC.

Since my installation, it doing a great job for me and my files are safe with Webroot endpoint protection. Sometimes it mistakenly marking safe files as a threat and rather than this I don't have any bad impressions regarding this software.

Antwort von OpenText

Thanks so much for making this thorough and honest review! We really appreciate the feedback!

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great endpoint protection

Kommentare: It has been a great value for money and helped us keep our clients secured and satisfied.
Helped us monitoring and managing devices.

Easy to install, manage and monitor. Really time protection and updated on cloud base. Threat intelligence working really good. Admin center easy to use. Can create group for each client.

Admin center sometimes keep computers been uninstalled. There is no report of devices been offline or not connected to database. If they can offer mobile devices protection

Antwort von OpenText

Thank you for the feedback and leaving a review!

Daniel
VP Operations in USA
Lagerung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Webroot Software

Kommentare: Have called in for support on numerous occasions & each & every tech has been able to solve my issues.

after an endpoint reports back to the console that there was a bad file blocked...it is very easy to send a command to that desktop to perform a scan on demand.

Functionality available in interface is not necessarily easy to understand. There are many options but a novice user of the product would not always know what they can do.

Antwort von OpenText

We appreciate the thoughtful feedback you've given us here! If you are running into issues with the interface, please feel free to reach out to our business support team to give some more specific feedback and perhaps work out a solution: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/business/support/contact

IT Consultant, Business Owner in Kanada
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

One of the absolute BEST security vendors to work with.

Kommentare: Efficacy, ease of use (It's set and forget), web threat blocking is second to none. Centrally managed through a console and no definitions to download on the system making it the lightest in the world.

The product is the lightest in the industry and all management is done through a centralized web console. Efficacy is one of the highest in the industry as well. The Web Threat Shield and Webroot's cloud intelligence is very good at keeping you away from nasty internet sites that contain malware payloads.

They just need to integrate all of their product portfolio into the Global Site Manger console. Other than that, it's a perfect fit for MSP's and home users alike

Courtney
Sales Associate in USA
Einzelhandel, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great Security

Kommentare: I love webroot. It gets the job done and isn't invasive like some softwares.

Webroot is great for protecting devices and programs. It can detect viruses even from trustworthy software. .

Like most antiviruses, it focuses more on attacking the virus once you get it than preventing it besides telling of potential risk.

Antwort von OpenText

Hey there Courtney, Thank you for writing up this review! Here at Webroot, we try our best to maintain an antivirus that is non-intrusive and completely protective - Glad you're having that experience! If you ever need anything, please reach out at: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact Thanks! Keenan - Webroot Community Specialist

Olena
Graduate Assistant in USA
Hochschulbildung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great Security Solution

Webroot SecureAnywhere Endpoint Protection was installed on my laptop in the BestBuy store when they repaired my laptop about 7-8 months ago. Since then, I haven't had any issues pertaining to my computer's security.

I have used it for less than a year. I haven't seen any issues so far.

Antwort von OpenText

I'm glad that the switch to Webroot has left you feeling safe while online! Welcome to the team!

Alan
CIO in USA

Excellent security that keeps all our clients secure

After configuring it doesn't need babysitting unlike many other malware protection products. As it's management is profile based, any exceptions needed can be applied to multiple organizations easily. It's initial watch only mode is great before rolling out to an enterprise - avoids most surprises.

Reporting from the management console is weak not allowing much customization. It's easy to get old installations still registered, which is a minor additional expense expense until you clear them up.

Devon
Devon
Ess1 in USA
Regierungsbeziehungen, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Webroot Works!!

Kommentare: I received this product as a trial when I purchased my computer. At first I was only planning to use the trial and then try another software that I was familiar with. However during that trial I had no issues with viruses or my computer slowing down. I had a great experience with this software. It is affordable and reliable.

Did exactly what it was made to do. I had no issues with my computer. Made me stay past the trial phrase.

While using this software I honestly didn’t have anything I didn’t like about it.

Antwort von OpenText

Thanks so much for the review! I'm glad that you were convinced to switchover to Webroot during the trial period. If you ever have difficulties, please reach out to our support department: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact

Polly
owner in USA
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, Selbstständig

Webroot for Peace of Mind

Kommentare: Webroot works in the background to detect threats but you can also run scans if need be. As someone who has been hacked in the past it is good to know it works effectively.

Webroot works in the background to assure my computer is safe from threats so my business work is not compromised. You just install it and let it do it's job.

It can take some time to switch the license to another device when you upgrade your computer.

Antwort von OpenText

Thanks so much for the feedback!

Leonard
Retired in USA
Verbraucherdienste, Selbstständig

WEBROOTs Application as designed

Kommentare: Let me give you analogy, and hope you understand its parallel . In my house the home builder provided, where I can't find my bathroom. So I told to go to my "homeowner user forum" to ask how I find where my bathroom is. They then tell me, to go to my garage to get my ladder and place it against my house. Where next, I'm to climb the ladder to go onto my house roof-shingles and at the very top is the bathroom. Yes, I see it't there. However as I'm an expert in house design, I argue that the bathroom should have been near my bathroom, and not on the roof. This is the same analogy, when I'm using a computer application, because I know better! Now do you get it?

Don't call it as "software". It's an "Application." What I like about WebRoot, it seems to do what it says. However ...

To know what really takes place it's very confusing. And they admit to it, by having their user forums for other users to get answer from. I'm an expert in computer application design as I'm registered as a "Certified Computer Professional." Google what this means.