Webroot Business Endpoint Protection Erfahrungen

Über Webroot Business Endpoint Protection

Multi-Vektor-Schutz vor Viren und Malware, der vollständigen Schutz gegen alle heutigen hoch entwickelten Schadprogramm-Bedrohungen bietet.

Erfahre mehr über Webroot Business Endpoint Protection

Mac integration has been difficult since Catalina. Sometimes endpoint updates have adverse effects on performance.

Bewertungen zu Webroot Business Endpoint Protection

Webroot Business Endpoint Protection hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 202 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Webroot Business Endpoint Protection bereits verwendet?

Shawn

Steven
Steven
Operations Support Specialist in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Best of the best, but you pay for it

Kommentare: I continue to use the software at home and recommend to anyone out there to include Webroot in their list of vendors to evaluate. Do not let the technology get to you. Just because the software does something different than what you are used to, try it out before disregarding Webroot as a solution. We found Webroot easy to deploy with a light footprint which more than made up for the additional cost.

Webroot does an amazing job of removing and detecting threats to computers. We also found it very simple to install with a very light footprint on the computer. Users never complained about computer slow downs due to virus scans when we had Webroot deployed.

We faced two issues with Webroot. Their technology is impressive, but complicated. We never were able to really wrap our heads around how their technology worked compared to other antivirus / antispyware solutions, but it did work, and was quite successful at it. The other concern with Webroot was its price. It is the best software out there we have found for computer protection but it is among the most costly.

Rob
Senior Administrator in USA

Simple, light weight, and effective antivirus

Kommentare: We were a large enough deployment that we had assistance in our initial installation from a Webroot Engineer to setup the different policies for workstations, servers, and remote desktop servers. The understanding of the setting in the policies and having someone guide us to making the right decisions was key to making sure that we were protected and that Webroot did have any performance impact especially on our servers.

We use the software daily and find that it is easy to use and do not get any complaints from users about it slowing down their systems. Deployment and licensing is simple and can be done by sending an email with a link, group policy, or manual installation. We get alerts in near real time of any threats found and while we sometimes have to do additional remediation we have not had a serious outbreak.

We get false positives around generic Trojans that need to be whitelisted. The whitelisting of programs in by the MD5 hash of the files contained in the programs. The method for identifying and whitelisting the MD5 hash of files in the programs is not intuitive and is done by what Webroot sees as unidentified files. Since Webroot does not have the traditional whitelist a folder so it doesn't scan the folder for viruses that other AV systems use we are often having to explain and butt heads with software vendors who blame the AV for issues. Technical support is knowledgeable, but we had issues getting a hold of technical support and response to tickets is often 24 - 48 hours.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Malwarebytes for Business

Warum Webroot Business Endpoint Protection gewählt wurde: We did not find Symantec Endpoint Protection to be an effective product at actually preventing viruses. We also felt that even with the amount of EndPoints (400+) that we were not a valuable customer to them.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Symantec Endpoint Security

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Webroot Business Endpoint Protection: Had a better console for managing multiple customers, outbreaks, and remediation.

Antwort von Webroot Software

Thank you for all of the valuable feedback!

Nathan
IT Coordinator in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use and setup

4,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Quick setup, runs well in the background

more reports/alerts on clean scans, what was scanned

Thanks for the feedback!

Brian
Escalation Engineer in USA

Looking to give this product the Web "boot"!

2,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: It has not been good. Webroot's support team does not provide consistent answers from one rep to the next, nobody seems to know what is going on at any given time. We had to explain the Intel adapter issue to our account rep (which we had to seek out and request multiple times to even get an account rep), and even then it seems like nobody can stay on the same page. How do you fix something in one release, for it to be broken again in the next one? How is that acceptable from a quality standpoint? It is absolutely absurd to us, and we are looking to move on. We do NOT recommend going with Webroot whatsoever.

It does act as a competent AV most of the time. Webroot does install rather easily, and does detect and mitigate threats. It's a no frills AV solution for us, and it usually does the job.

This product will occasionally break critical aspects of a workstation. Examples: We have seen the Identity Protection component break Chrome so that it will not always launch properly (multiple times). We have also experienced an issue where workstations with a specific Intel based network adapter will drop the connection... again, multiple times (fixed in one release, but then breaks again upon the next). There have been far too many of these incidents in the last few years for us to consider staying with Webroot. We have had it with this product making us look like idiots to our clients.

vor 2 Wochen

Please reach out to our support team during business hours (M-F 9am-5pm Mountain Time) for assistance: http://webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact

Don
VP Quality & Validation Services in USA
Medizinische Geräte, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

WebRoot review

Worked quite well, quiet / behind the scenes. Not a lot of false positives and don't recall ever a case where it didn't catch malware.

WebRoot was deployed by our IT services provider and they set up all the controls / restrictions so unsure if limits were inherent in the system or imposed by our provider. Still, users had what they needed; i.e., it would scan in the background, take action as needed, and users could trigger a scan if they needed.

vor 3 Monaten

Glad to hear you're having a good experience using Webroot! Thanks for leaving us a review.

Anthony
Sr Systems Admin in USA
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Clear Winner in a Crowded Field of Protection

Kommentare: Overall it is very easy to find antivirus protection but when it comes to minimal false negatives and no resource hogging clients this is the clear winner.

Webroot is a thin, non-system resource intensive anti-virus and malware protection suite. We have tried countless renditions of protection but none offer the amount of protection and ease of use as Webroot. We deploy the client from the web panel and each user is managed in groups with group policies set within our management console. All viruses, malware, and other threats are reported and handled by the client and admins are notified of the threat. The good thing is that the deployment talks to our cloud based management whenever internet is accessed. Users can't disable the client either without our administrative overview.

The only con I can see is we have had a couple clients that appeared twice in the management and with no rhyme or reason. This was fixed by removing both an reinstalling the client on those particular clients. The good news is that it only happened once or twice.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Intercept X Endpoint

Warum Webroot Business Endpoint Protection gewählt wurde: We were looking for the least system hogging protection.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Norton AntiVirus

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Webroot Business Endpoint Protection: CNET reviews and research

OWNER in USA
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, Selbstständig

Excellent Antivirus software

Kommentare: My overall experience has been positive, I have no issues with this product and I use it for all of my customer which is almost 100 at this time.

Simple interface, easy to use, no update necessary, streaming definition, easy to install, and takes seconds to deploy

I wish the firewall was more advance and has more customization, I believe they need to work on this.

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Bitdefender GravityZone

Warum Webroot Business Endpoint Protection gewählt wurde: Pricing, better product as there is no need to download definitions, lightweight install and able to manage via a web console.

Zuvor genutzte Software: Avast Business Pro Plus

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Webroot Business Endpoint Protection: Bitdefender was a very large install, it was more involved when installing in a business has it needs a device to be a update server, it still requires definitions to be downloaded and it slow down the computer.

Antwort von Webroot Software

Thank you for the honest feedback!

Carl
CEO in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Webroot found the virus & kept my computer protected well !!

Kommentare: I used many computer security companies but Webroot overall gave me and my friends our monies worth in virus protection alone. Almost everyone I suggested Webroot to bought & installed it, they were quite impressed at how much better their computers & other devices ran so much smoother.

The first initial scan found a virus that another security software couldn't detect. I also like how I and my friends could use this software on multiple devices for free.

The price escalating about ten dollars or more per year subscription but still a great value. The password protection needs to be more user-friendly.

Antwort von Webroot Software

Appreciate your feedback about our need to make things more user friendly!

Evan
Vessel IT Team Lead in USA
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Small, Easy to Deploy Cloud Endpoint Protection

Kommentare: we were able to stop a zero day trojan that came through almost immediately. That was impressive.

The web console is very easy to use, and allows you to control profiles and quarantine files or paths.

It has a few times marked good files as bad, and caused some software not to run or work correctly. These instances are few and far between

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Services

Warum Webroot Business Endpoint Protection gewählt wurde: Webroot worked better with Connectwise Automate.

Zuvor genutzte Software: ESET Endpoint Security

Antwort von Webroot Software

Thank you so much for writing this review! I'm glad to hear that Webroot's cloud-based protection was able to catch that 0-day Trojan! This is a huge benefit of the tech we used compared to our competitors - your protection is ALWAYS up to date! -Webroot community team

Administrator in Ägypten

Great endpoint protection

Kommentare: It has been a great value for money and helped us keep our clients secured and satisfied.
Helped us monitoring and managing devices.

Easy to install, manage and monitor. Really time protection and updated on cloud base. Threat intelligence working really good. Admin center easy to use. Can create group for each client.

Admin center sometimes keep computers been uninstalled. There is no report of devices been offline or not connected to database. If they can offer mobile devices protection

vor 2 Wochen

Thank you for the feedback and leaving a review!

Principal in USA
Rechtsberatung, Selbstständig

Best PC protection available

Kommentare: In spite of a few minor issues, I still think Webroot has the best protection out there. I would definitely recommend it to any small business owner.

The set-up for Webroot is extremely simple. You download the software, enter your product key and it does the rest. It has excellent explanations that tell you what each function does and how it works. For instance, it has a good explanation of how its firewall function manages connections to your machines that make sense to a non-technical person such as me. I love that it runs in the background without seeming to affect my computer and only gives pop-up messages when something needs attention. I love that the vendor offers discounts for multiple installations at a relatively small breakpoint. As a small business owner, it certainly makes the product more affordable.

The Webroot Filtering Extension is not always reliable. For example, it lists my company website as a potentially dangerous page when I know that there is nothing wrong with my page. It has also listed some of the websites of my clients as potentially dangerous pages. I have to admit that I don't know exactly how it decides which pages are malicious and which are not, but whatever method it uses seems a little off. There are also some challenges with the dashboard. I had a laptop crash and needed to re-install Windows. When I did, I wanted to release the license formerly assigned to the crashed laptop and re-assign it so that I would my number of licenses restriction. It was extremely difficult to do so. I ended up having to contact Support for help. And they were very helpful, but it just seems like something one ought to be able to do through the dashboard.

IT Admin in USA
Lagerung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Solid Anti Virus

The installation package is very small, installs very quickly, and is easy to keep up to date. They just recently rolled out a new management console which is a welcome upgrade to the previous interface. I also like the ability to group my endpoints by location and apply different antivirus policies as needed without touching the actual machine or even remote desktop.

If you deactivate an endpoint it does not remove it from your account, it goes into a "deactivated endpoints" group, which can be confusing if you are new to Webroot.

Ingeniero de Implementación y Soporte in Venezuela
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Webroot, a powerful antivirus to keep your computer safe.

Kommentare: Currently I am administrator of a Webroot console in which I have the management of several organizations and it has been a good experience when you compare the behavior of the endpoint in different equipment, complies with that is due to find threats, generate reports and prepare exceptions. In the latter the exceptions merit a little time to get more out of it, it is not easy to elaborate them if you do not have knowledge of how Webroot works. The deployment of commands facilitates progress to perform some activities.

I have been working with Webroot for more than 2 years and has covered part of our needs. Your database is kept up to date for any threat, the management of the console is attractive and the documentation is very helpful. The control of policies is worth highlighting because if you have a large organization you can set parameters for different sectors and with different configurations that are very useful, even the notifications via email for the followers of the console serves as support.

Webroot has many nice things in its projection as antivirus, but has some things to adjust, for example the generation of report endpoints without updating after a certain time. In mobile devices I have had little experience but it has happened that the update must be done manually. I think they should improve it.

William
President in USA
Öffentliche Ordnung, Selbstständig

Webroot Delivers Protection

Kommentare: Webroot has great customer service, but like many companies these days, it not easy to "touch" anyone. Submitted emails are promptly answered and usually instructive - just don't expect to talk with someone.

In the four years I've been using Webroot, I have received seamless protection against malware, viruses and trojans with no effort other than the initial installation of the product. It works quietly in the background without any need to be noticed...except when there is a real threat or security issue - so when Webroot send a notification you know its time to pay attention and do what's needed to protect your system.

There have been times when Webroot has been overprotective - blocking a program or site that I know is safe - and it has not been easy or intuitive to configure the software to allow access. Configurable options tend to have very technical definitions. It's seldom easy to understand how, or what, to change during those instances.

Antwort von Webroot Software

Appreciate the descriptive feedback about the difficulties you had with whitelisting processes! thank you!

Brian
Director in USA
Versorgungsunternehmen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Webroot

Kommentare: New stable overall endpoint security platform

As good as any of the products out there plain and simple

I can't say that I dislike anything about this software package

In Betracht gezogene Alternativen: Symantec Endpoint Security

Warum Webroot Business Endpoint Protection gewählt wurde: Features and ROI

Zuvor genutzte Software: Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security Services

Gründe für den Wechsel zu Webroot Business Endpoint Protection: Was the best product for our needs

Antwort von Webroot Software

Thanks so much for writing a review! I'm glad you're already getting so much value out of the product.

Tammy
Business Manager in USA
Medizinische Praxis, Selbstständig

Cost effective Antivirus Software

Kommentare: Overall I like Webroot. I had a lot of problems with other antivirus software causing some programs not to function properly so I will continue using Webroot for now.

The software is easy to use and seems to do a thorough job of scanning all files. I haven't had any virus infections since installing the software. It's easy to navigate through the different functions and set up specific parameters.

There are some programs that Webroot blocks and will not let me access. This has caused me to have to access these programs on a laptop instead of the desktop it's installed on which is cumbersome. I think it's a firewall issue but I haven't found a work around yet.

Antwort von Webroot Software

Thanks so much for leaving a review for Webroot! Regarding the blocking of certain files/programs, this can be resolved by using the whitelist functionality within Webroot. If you need assistance using this feature, please see this link: https://docs.webroot.com/us/en/home/wsa_pc_userguide/wsa_pc_userguide.htm#ManagingQuarantine/BlockingOrAllowingFiles.htm%3FTocPath%3DManaging%2520Quarantine%7C_____2

Richard
Implementation in USA

The best security

Kommentare: My overall experience has been great. I like the product so much that it is my go to for new PCs that come in.

Wenbroot is by far the best virus protection software out there. Webroot scans PCs very fast. This is the fastest scanner I have ever used and by far the cheapest.

There isn't anything that I do not like about Webroot. It really is the best virus protection software.

Antwort von Webroot Software

Thank you so much for the glowing review! I appreciate you taking the time to do this :)

Sean
Sean
Dentist in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

I am always protected.

Kommentare: The fact that it is always on and active in the background is appealing. I don't like other products that constantly remind you they are there with pop-ups. I am not sure if it has stopped any viruses or trouble but there is a comfort knowing it's always there and working.

Webroot runs in the background and updates automatically. There are no pop-ups or messages like you have with other products so even though it is always on and working you don't realize its going.

This is the preferred antivirus and protection software by my IT team but it is expensive. Not prohibitively, but expensive enough where there is a license fee that has to be paid to keep the software active. I wish you could buy they software outright.

Antwort von Webroot Software

Hey there Sean, Thanks so much for writing this positive review! The best antivirus solution is one that sits in the background, doesn't bother you, and keeps you protected - glad you're having that experience so far. If you ever need anything, please reach out to us at: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact Thanks! Keenan - Webroot Community Specialist

Lorraine
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Webroot Anywhere Computer Protection

Kommentare: I have been a customer for more than 6 years. I would not have a computer without Webroot installed.

It is easy to install and is always running in the background on my computer. I do a lot of research and it protects me from phishing sites.

I have not found anything wrong with this program. It is always running and tells me if the sites I visit are safe.

Antwort von Webroot Software

Glad to hear you're feeling safe online while using Webroot - thanks for the review!

Matthew
Tools Manager in USA

Webroot is a Great Lightweight AntiVirus

Kommentare: We are very happy with Webroot.
We have had very few problems with viruses since switching

Easy to configure and deploy Is not resource heavy and does not impact computer performance Quickly identifies threats and stops them

Mac integration has been difficult since Catalina Sometimes endpoint updates have adverse effects on performance

letztes Jahr

Glad to hear that Webroot has been easy to deploy! Thanks for the review!

CIO in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Lightweight antivirus solution should be part of your security stance

Kommentare: We needed a lighter-weight AV solution. The solution we switched from consumed a lot of RAM at times and we could not quite figure out why even with vendor support and KB articles. We coupled WebRoot with another AV and did so at reduced cost.

Low system resource utilization. Reliable client. Excellent Admin console. No management server to maintain.

It seems to duplicate registered machines randomly. We'd sort by machine name and find duplicates which count against your license quota. We'd have to disable the machine with the older file update version.

Antwort von Webroot Software

Hey there, Thanks so much for writing up this detailed review! We really appreciate you joining the Webroot team and I'm glad that you're having a good experience with it so far. Have you checked in with our support team regarding duplicated machines? I'm sure that we can help you find a fix for this. Please contact our support department at: https://www.webroot.com/us/en/support/home-contact Thanks! Keenan - Webroot Community Specialist

Owner, Senior Planner in USA
Eventservice, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Keeps us safe!

Kommentare: It provides a safe environment for our online activities.

Webroot is always running in the background, and updating me when needed, about the status of our online security. It's an affordable and reliable product.

I haven't experienced any aspects that I would want to improve, so I would have to say that there is nothing to report here.

Antwort von Webroot Software

Thanks so much for the glowing review! Stay safe out there!

Paul
Analyst III in USA
Maschinerie, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Product is very good and is efficient. Does not slow most systems down.

Kommentare: Less admin overhead and less of a resource hog on the end points. It is a little harder to deploy, but since it is not 500GB, like some of the major players in the space, it works really well. Support has been good for helping us with some detections but the lack of fixed IP space for the clients to connect to is frustrating. And installing with the proxy setting is not always consistent.

The footprint is tiny. It is very fast and efficient. It does not slow down systems when it is working. Support is pretty good. I would say this is good software for a MSP or a smaller Org. We might find a replacement if they can't fix their problems.

It needs to talk to Amazon Cloud to check in with the portal. We don't allow access out to the internet without a proxy. WebRoot IP's are changing because they are on AWS. So we can't put IP based rules in our firewalls to allow access. And we are not going to allow all AWS IP's. I really wish WR would get a range of fixed IP's so the client can attach. When they can't attach, they get disconnected. They have a proxy option while installing, but it seems kind of intermittent. Works sometimes, and sometimes not.

Altagracia
Docencia in Mexiko

It is a good alternative to keep our equipment and files safe from threats

Kommentare: In general terms I can assure that today I feel very safe with this antivirus installed on my computers. It is a great protector, very efficient that has saved me several times from malware and Trojans that have put my files at risk.

This program can be used in different platafmormas and its price is competitive with respect to other antivirus in the market. It is light and does not slow down my machine. You have the option to program scans and do it in the background. The program runs on different operating systems which is a very positive aspect. Its interface is simple

Sometimes it detects false positives when we try to download an application that is clean. That is usually uncomfortable because it takes time away. Even so, I think that the positive aspects of this program go far beyond the negative ones

Antwort von Webroot Software

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, and if you ever need help regarding a false positive, our support team is only a phone call away at 1-866-254-8400.

Timothy
Sr. Community Impact Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Webroot Works Anywhere

Not a lot to say. It's supposed to protect your computer from viruses, and it does just that. No problems since using it for the past few years. Way less intrusive than Norton and others (pop-ups, etc).

No real problems. It does what is supposed to.

letztes Jahr

Glad you are having a good experience using Webroot! Thanks for the feedback!