User Friendly, Adaptable, Support out of this world, Everything a restaurant brand needs

Bewertet am 9.1.2018
Jessicah P.
Senior Director of Training
Restaurants, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: What I like most is the simplicity for the end users. From the management team having to assign a new profile, assign content, review history or make a transfer to our hourly employees logging in and completing the content, the process is simple to understand and to teach. Next would be the content library. It is not always possible to bring in an instructional designer to build content from scratch or budget to have content built from a third party and with this software, there is no immediate need. You can dive right in and provide your teams, all levels, learning and development content immediately. This takes out the "O.K. I have purchased the software, now let's start building content to get the buy in from our operators and/or Franchisees". Next would be the functionality to make things your own for your Brand. From how you design checklists, quizzes, tests to how you assign permissions within levels of hierarchy to give the management teams and owners the accountability over their restaurants dashboard and assignments. There is so much more I want to brag about with Discover Link but they only give me so many words within this review and I have to be sure to let you know about the support team. It is like no other I have dealt with in my 25+ years in restaurants. They are caring, helpful, bring suggestions and ideas to the table as well as make you feel like a part of the family vs. being a client. I am so appreciative of each and everyone on the team!

Nachteile: I have no least favorite thing about this software because of the hard work and dedication of their team listening to the all their client family. We requested to have them build an app and our wish has come true. in 2018, we will be able to have an app available for the system. For us, this will open doors, windows and magic portals because we will be able to fulfill the "offline" resource content our Franchisees have requested, build a library with "Search" functionality so our operators can find things quickly and easily as things arise and so much more that just makes me smile inside and out. I know it is hard to believe that this software could be so great, but I encourage you to give it a chance.

If it was not for this product our company would be less efficient! Used Daily!

Braxton L.
Training Manager
Gastgewerbe, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: From an organization standpoint- Employee engagement, Employee retention, increased value of Sales. Number, increased amount of knowledge learned. Tracking results through this software is also a huge benefit as it is very easy to do!

Vorteile: This software is user-friendly and easily accessible. It is not complicated like some other LMS out there. The options for different modules or LPs are very beneficial for a multi-unit organization. By far though would be the customer service. If you do not know something or have a question you do not have to call a 1-800 number. Your client services rep is only an email and phone call away with immediate response! WE LOVE THIS PRODUCT

Nachteile: It is not really what I like or least about this software it is more of improvements to be made. This company is on top of their game by listening to their customers and making changes to the software to benefit the customers. Occasionally we will run into technology issues within our organization with WIFI connectivity problems which hinders the ability to use discoverlink so that can be a downfall at times. Wishing this software could be used on a offline network would be extremely beneficial.

von DiscoverLink an 9.1.2018

Hi Braxton, thank you for this review and your feedback on offline use to help with connectivity issues.I wanted to let you know that the ability to take courses offline and synchronize once a connection is made is on our roadmap for this year. We will keep you posted when we get close to releasing that!

Great technology; easy to use and manage campus; customer service team is AMAZING at problem-solving

Jason L.
Director of Training and Ops Services

Kommentare: Training consistency.
Quick updates to items that are time-sensitive to the field.
Tracking of completion for compliance purposes and testing.
Snapshot reporting (vs. "need to be in the location to see completion")

Vorteile: The to-do list ease of understanding and following.
The Dashboard functions for the different hierarchy levels of employees. It is so much easier to add/change/remove assignments.
The reporting functions have been a blessing for us to be able to understand and even predict business outcomes.

Nachteile: Having to be connected to internet to complete and get credit for content. I wish there was a way to complete it offline, and then when you connect it updates accordingly. Maybe it's available, or it's a pipe dream. But either way it would be awesome.

von DiscoverLink an 9.1.2018

Hi Jason, thank you for taking the time to complete this review and for your feedback on offline use to help with connectivity issues. I wanted to let you know that the ability to take courses offline and synchronize once a connection is made is on our roadmap for this year. We will keep you posted when we get close to releasing that!

Training at the next level

Bewertet am 1.8.2019
Jeremy H.
Instructional Design Manager
Restaurants, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We went from a homegrown LMS to using DiscoverLink, and haven't looked back. It allows us to train team members, managers, and even our corporate support center staff. It is easy to see who has and hasn't completed training. The team is wonderful to work with as well. I'm more of a hands-on admin, and I'm able to do most things myself, but the support team is there for any assistance I need. I know some of their other clients are more hands-off, and they work well to keep all things moving smoothly for both ends of the spectrum.

Vorteile: The LMS is very easy to use, administer, and train with. The support and service is amazing from the team at DiscoverLink

Nachteile: Updates can take a while to be made, but are amazing when they come out.

Discoverlink is a great LMS with a number of courses available and an easy to use interface.

Bewertet am 12.1.2018
Neal S.
Director of Training

Vorteile: Overall the platform is really simple to use for administrators and end users. Discoverlink also has a number of service and compliance courses that will let you get off the ground quickly. Everyone on the Discoverlink team is also really easy to work with and very responsive.

Nachteile: The user interface is very functional and simple, but looks a little outdated. In the past three years we've also experienced a small handful of technical issues that were a little frustrating to work through. The tech team has always been very responsive with the issues, but I'd prefer not to have any issues to work through in the first place.

von DiscoverLink an 16.1.2018

Hi Neal, thank you for this review. I wanted to let you know that we will begin the process of rolling out a new user interface this quarter. We expect the underlying code to have improved stability as a result, which will mean fewer technical issues as well. We look forward to hearing your feedback once it's launched!

DiscoverLink Talent Review

Bewertet am 17.10.2019
Corrin B.
Training and Development Coordinator
Restaurants, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use Discoverlink in all aspects of our Training Programs. It's extremely valuable and affective to use to compliance. Having that validation and proof that all our employees are compliant is key. We are trying to go as paperless as possible for it improves our ability to customize and change information in real time.

Vorteile: This software makes it easy for users of all levels to use. It's also very customizable for specific locations but also our regional directors who oversee multiple locations. The introduction of the app is fantastic and something that will make our company initiatives so much easier to execute.

Nachteile: Though I feel it is easy to work with, I do hear from a lot of locations that seem to have issues navigating the site. The easier to locate certain information, the better. I know that a lot of management would like the ability to customize their own dashboard to be able to see certain results or information as soon as they log in. For example: compliance percentages, or learning program incomplete percentages would immediate should up on the top of their dashboard as soon as they log in. That would be beneficial for them but also as administrators. If we could enable certain report percentages to automatically pop up, that would help solve some of our problems.

I have been impressed from the start with my experience using Discoverlink.

Bewertet am 28.12.2017
Melanie J.
Senior Manager of Training and Program Development
Restaurants, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have achieved more consistency in training and better trackability of training completion. This allows me to report on training and see trends across the Company that correlate training to performance.
Because the LMS is fairly new, I sometimes come across functionality that is "in development". The Discoverlink Team is very open about what can and can't be done. though, and are actively working to improve the product with client suggestions. I don't know as though these comments would be any different with other companies as the industry is constantly changing, however.

Vorteile: The software is easy to use. There are available user guides, but I often don't need them as it is intuitive. I absolutely love that I can easily customize many aspects of the LMS without a complicated "scope of work" and that the Discoverlink Team is open to new ideas and suggestions. From a user perspective, the LMS is graphic in nature and easy to navigate.

A great product and an experienced and friendly support staff

Chad C.
Director of Learning
Restaurants, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It gives us visibility into the status of the training of every person in our organization. It gives our operators the ability to direct training from anywhere.
We have complex partial rollout schedules for new products and procedures that are hard to accomplish.

Vorteile: This platform is perfectly sized for our organization. It lacks the bloat of many LMSs while also providing all needed features. From the learner standpoint, it's dead simple to get into their learning and know exactly what they need to work on.

Easy to use for our managers and team members.

Nate B.
Senior Management Training Specialist

Vorteile: Simplicity of the website. I can easily assign courses to my users, and they immediately know what their requirements are.

Nachteile: Would like more mobile friendly. I think that in this day and age, there is a desire to be able to take the CBTs on a mobile device.

von DiscoverLink an 29.8.2017

Hi Nate,

Thanks for the review. We just wanted to make sure you were aware that DiscoverLink Talent is mobile-enabled. Many of our clients are using it on mobile devices. If you have any questions, feel free to contact your Client Services Manager.

Extremely easy to use and intuitive. Discoverlink is simple, yet powerful.

Bewertet am 2.1.2018
Dave B.
HR Business Partner

Vorteile: The support infrastructure that Discoverlink offers is second to none. There are multiple layers of support individuals that make the implementation easy. The software is very simple but powerful. What you think it should be able to do, it does and you don't have to think hard about it. It is set up logically and makes creation of programs very easy. If you have any familiarity with flash based builders, this will be a breeze. The cost is also extremely affordable, especially considering the support that comes with the program. Discoverlink is also continually evolving and seeks input from its users so that they can be responsive to the client wants and needs

Nachteile: The only thing I can say is that the "off the shelf" products are a little dated and could use a little more substance. However, the custom content creation tools far outweigh this very minor issue.

von DiscoverLink an 9.1.2018

Hi Dave, thank you for taking the time to provide this review and for the feedback on some of our library courses. I wanted to let you know that we are in the process of updating many of our older courses, often tightening up the content and making them more interactive. I will ask a member of our Content Development team to reach out to you to get feedback on specific courses so we can try to address some of your concerns as we're going through this process.

Very easy to use, incredible support, and the user interface is great!

Bewertet am 30.8.2017
Mike F.
Senior Director of Training
Restaurants, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: learners are better equipped in a shorter time frame.

Vorteile: User Friendliness. Access and tracking capabilities are superior to other offerings. The support provided by Discoverlink is outstanding in every way.

Nachteile: Filters. Providing access to learning modules is important to our Franchise Community, but many prefer to customize in some regard. This can sometimes cause complexities in viewing tiers.

We've been using DiscoverLink for a few years now, and it just works. It does what you want it to.

Jeremy H.
Instructional Design Manager
Restaurants, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Able to easily track learning for our thousands of team members across multiple states.

Vorteile: Ease of use to admin, and for our managers and team members to use. Easy to upload courses, and their library of courses are great as well.

Nachteile: I consider myself a power user and would like to see more admin rights, but the customer service is always willing to help out and fix things that I can't do myself.

The system functions well as an electronic database to track completions and compliance.

Bewertet am 7.12.2017
Alex R.
Director of Operations
Restaurants, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Tracking completion of important docs, assignments, curriculums, etc.

Vorteile: Track completions and compliance, Individual users, easy to add users, data pulls from our HRIS to upload new hires.

Nachteile: It's already looking outdated. Millennials think it's from the stone age. Server connectivity fails and credit for completion gets lost.

von DiscoverLink an 9.1.2018

Hi Alex, thank you for taking the time to complete this review and for your feedback on the user interface and completion issues. I wanted to let you know that we will begin the process of rolling out a new user interface this quarter, and later this year we will be providing ability to take courses offline and synchronize once a connection is made. I hope these enhancements will address your concerns. We look forward to your feedback!

Discoverlink makes uploading courses a breeze and customer service is the best I've ever worked with

Bewertet am 2.1.2018
Lauren M.
eLearning Designer
Essen & Trinken, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The functionality and ease of use is what sold us on this LMS. It's incredibly user friendly for our hourly employees to complete courses, tests and checklists efficiently,

Nachteile: I wish the leaderboard and badges were a little more interactive. Most of our employees don't even notice that they earn badges.

von DiscoverLink an 9.1.2018

Hi Lauren, thank you for taking the time to complete this review, and for the feedback on the badges/ trophy case functionality. I wanted to let you know that we will begin rolling out a new user interface this quarter that includes some significant enhancements to the trophy case, including the ability for managers to award a customized "kudos" badge. We can't wait to get your feedback on it!

Excellent Customer Service and Easy to Use

Vice President of Human Resources ' General Counsel

Kommentare: We are thrilled to be able to offer consistent training in all of our 75+ locations!

Vorteile: Our implementation and ongoing service team are the BEST! They go above and beyond! We had weekly calls as well as consistent email communication. They had great suggestions on what content types would work best for each lesson, which resulted in a really fun and interactive finished learning program.

Nachteile: Randomly, some of the screens do not have a customizable background. Otherwise, this software is fantastic and VERY user friendly!

von DiscoverLink an 9.1.2018

Hello, thank you for providing this review and for the feedback on customizing background on certain screens. Currently, in addition to the custom login page and the ability to define colors on the To-do list, you can customize background images in exams, surveys, and performance reviews. We'd love to hear more about what you have in mind for custom backgrounds on other screens. If you'd like to send me your ideas I will be happy to forward them to our development team.

Product is okay

Bewertet am 30.8.2017
Molly M.
Director, Training and Development

Vorteile: Our customer support is amazing. The support staff is the best asset you have to support questions and help trouble shoot issues. We have appreciated his contribution to our efforts.

Nachteile: Reporting is lacking and Discoverlink is behind the industry based on our research and networking with others in the industry

von DiscoverLink an 9.1.2018

Hi Molly, thank you for taking the time to complete this review and for providing feedback on reporting. I wanted to let you know that we will begin rolling out a new user interface this quarter which includes some nice reporting enhancements, including graphical charts. In addition, we can create custom reports and add dashboard statistics to meet specific requirements. If you'd like to explore either of those options, please contact your Account Manager. We'd love to hear your ideas on other features you'd like to see us add to our development roadmap as well. Feel free to send me any comments and I'll be happy to forward them on to our development team as enhancement requests for future consideration. Thanks again!

DiscoverLink Talent meets all of my needs and those of my learners.

Bewertet am 29.12.2017
Manager of Training
Restaurants, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: DiscoverLink Talent is a great program to use and is easy on the budget. This program works well on tablets and phones but will work even better when the new app is fully functional.

Vorteile: This product allows me to upload a great deal of personalized content for my learners to use. It is also quite literally the easiest program for administrators and learners to use.

DiscoverLink is a great tool for our Restaurant!

Bewertet am 11.1.2019
Sandy S.
HR Director
Restaurants, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: DiscoverLink is user friendly and the Compliance Courses are Restaurant based. Which is so nice for our industry. The ease for employees to take the course is great. And the customer support is always on top of things if we need them.

Nachteile: Some of the courses looks feel a little outdated. The employees have asked when if DiscoverLink would change the looks of the videos to "2018". Instead of looking like 1980.

von DiscoverLink an 14.1.2019

Hi Sandy, thank you so much for taking the time to provide this review. We appreciate your candid feedback on the courses you license from us. We would love to hear what aspects of the courses feel outdated, so a member of our content development team will be reaching out to you soon for more details. Please note that we are constantly adding to and updating our library courses, and one of the benefits of your subscription is that you will automatically receive updates whenever new versions are released.

Absolutely the BEST Learning Management System Host in the industry!

Bewertet am 28.12.2017
Gerald G.
Junior Vice President of Training
Restaurants, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Providing a real-time view into the training status completion, from either a summary to a detailed report, discoverlink provides it for any leader from anywhere in the world. For the employee, its incredibly simple to understand what is required for completion of the learning program.

Vorteile: Amazing Customer Support!! Not only will they answer your inquiries in a VERY timely manner, but will go out of their way to take suggestions from the field on how to improve this already outstanding product.

The software works well, and the customer service is a point of differentiation.

Lead Director, Training and Development

Vorteile: Intuitive to use, and has appropriate flexibility to accommodate the needs of our franchise community. The responsiveness and support for questions and ideation is outstanding.

Nachteile: Standard reporting features are pretty rigid at the multi-unit level. To make information quickly actionable, reporting and dashboards may be worth customizing.

von DiscoverLink an 9.1.2018

Hello, thank you for providing this review and for the feedback on reporting. I wanted to make sure you were aware that we are able to customize a dashboard view that includes key dynamic statistics applicable to each level of the hierarchy. If you'd like to learn more about this option, please contact your Account Manager. Also, we will be rolling out a new user interface starting in Q1 that has improved reporting functionality, including graphical representations.

Our training has become more consistent and our employees more knowledgable

Stephanie P.
Dir. Training and Development
Restaurants, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Consistency within our company is the biggest benefit of using Discoverlink. We are able to hold our employees more accountable to our compliance policies as well as our different skill positions.

Vorteile: Ease of Use and the support I've received from Discoverlink. I was able to ask questions at any time of the day and get a quick response.

DiscoverLink is the best LMS I have ever used.

Neil J.
Senior Operations Support Manager
Gastgewerbe, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I most enjoy their library of available training modules. This has allowed me to rollout a program instantly while I integrate more brand specific training as it is created.

Nachteile: There's not much bad to say about it. Sometimes the modules can stall out and take too long to load up in a browser but with the transition to HTML5 this has happened far less frequently.

Program is simple, useful, but prone to user issues.

Jessica G.
Training & Hospitality Director
Restaurants, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The content: hands-on activities are well-targeted and effective. The new feature that allows supervisors to sign off remotely is much appreciated.

Nachteile: Lots of issues with stalling, freezing, and not giving credit for completed (or mostly completed) items.

von DiscoverLink an 5.9.2017

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're sorry to hear about the issues you've been facing. The behavior you described is not typical, so we want to help you resolve it. Our Director of Client Services will be contacting you this week to help you troubleshoot it and find a solution.

We love DiscoverLink. They have a very caring staff and work hard to make sure our needs are met.

Bewertet am 4.9.2017
Patrick Y.
Director of Recruiting and Training
Restaurants, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great learning with easy facilitation.

Vorteile: The system is incredibly easy for our employees to use and the tutorials are specifically designed for our industry.

A pleasure to work with, Easy to Use, Facilitates Training and makes it more efficient!

Bewertet am 10.1.2018
Linda J.
DIRECTOR

Vorteile: The ease of use and ability to update and create content quickly. As well as the ability to manage the training program per location.