Easy to use, easy to stop using. A fine way to donate to candidate(s) you support.

Bewertet am 26.3.2019
Robert A.
Principal Software Engineer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very positive. A convenient way to donate to Democratic candidates. Really the only downside is an increase in email from other candidates, which is easily dealt with (by unsubscribing once from each such candidate.)

Vorteile: I'm scratching my head over the negative reviews here. (I can't help wondering if they are legit, or if they are intended to inhibit fundraising for Democrats.)
I've used ActBlue upteen times. Never had a problem cancelling a recurring donation (which I have done). Never had a problem with a donation becoming recurring when I had designated it as one-time (I've made both kind of donations). Never had a problem opting out of future emails from candidates (yes, you do get them; you're on the "will donate to Democrats" list. I unsubscribe once from each candidate and that's it - silence.)

Nachteile: It does make me feel guilty that it asks for a contribution to defray ActBlue's expenses (ActBlue is a non-profit that doesn't charge candidates up-front; the ActBlue FAQ says the charge a ~4% processing fee on donations.)

Bewertet am 16.5.2019
Consultant
Politische Organisation, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: As I say in my title, ActBlue is the gold standard for receiving and making donations within the Democratic ecosystem. The ActBlue Express feature makes it easy for donors to make one-click donations in emails if they save their contact information. We've seen significantly higher conversion rates on their donation pages relative to other platforms.

Nachteile: Their events and merchant tools are subpar compared to other platforms. This wouldn't be a problem except they require exclusivity to use ActBlue Express which means you are locked in.

I used ActBlue to donate money to a political cause. It turned out to be a nightmare.

Bewertet am 30.7.2018
Rod K.

Vorteile: When things are working, they are a great idea to collecively service small donors so that they can have a collective voice in political and social causes.

Nachteile: They are known to turn your one time donation into a recurring donation without asking your permission. I had to cancel my credit card because there was no way for me to turn off the donation at their end. I tried to cancel my account with them and they refused to do it. There is really something wrong going on. Why politicans and social groups use ActBlue to manage their donation solicitations is beyond me. you cannot go online and stop or change your credit card that is being used for the last donation. Criminal behavior. Check out all the complaints online.

You cannot trust these people.

Bewertet am 20.6.2019
Sue S.
NA
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I would NEVER donate money to a candidate via this organization.

Vorteile: Ease of you in doing donations.
That is pretty much it.

Nachteile: My experience has been that ACTBLUE is unethical in their practice of getting on-line donations for candidates. My husband was very ill and not thinking clearly. He wanted to donate money to a candidate during last years elections. Because he was not clearly I was checking our credit card charges routinely and noticed repeated charges by ACTBLUE in ever increasing amounts. I talked to my husband who was not clear on things but was adamant that he did not do donations as frequently and as in large amounts as were being charged against our card. I reached out to ACTBLUE via email and phone in an effort to explain the situation going on with my husband and ask them to delete him from their mailing list. They repeatedly promised to do so and for a few months we would be fine. Then again I would see more and more charges in higher and higher amounts. At that point my husband was so ill he was hardly out of bed much less approving these amounts. I finally had to send ACTBLUE a threatening letter which included the me having power of attorney over my husband's affairs. I also told them that if they did this one more time I would go to Senator Lindsay Grahams office (I live in SC) and explain that ACTBLUE was actively abusing the elderly and disabled, and that I imagined Senator's Graham's office might find that interesting. That I am a lifelong democrat but my primarily was to protect my family. That did seem to stop it.

Act Blue profiled me as an easy mark

Bewertet am 18.1.2018
Boss, Just Plain Retired

Kommentare: Initially I thought it eased my ability to contribute thoughtfully. Then, it became apparent that I was being targeted for support of specific campaigns that were outside my comfort zone. At that point, its drawbacks exceeded its utility.

Vorteile: Extremely simple for the recipient to process a contribution to a politician or a donation to a cause.

Nachteile: Once the software captures your identification and some contribution history, it plies the 'mark' with email upon email, ostensibly from candidates, soliciting money to be dispensed to Act Blue's account for further distribution. My attempts to be removed from their email lists have been fruitless. Thank goodness for spam blocking services.
I am a loyal Democrat. The use of this type of software has soured me on the Democratic Party because it is so transparently manipulative. I will never contribute to a candidate or a cause that has Act Blue's fingerprints on it.

Missing receipts, can't stop recurring payments

Bewertet am 13.8.2019
Susan B.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It's easy to use until you find a problem and want to stop using it automatically.

Vorteile: Easy to use until you want to change how you use it. Always check your receipts against your payments.

Nachteile: 1. Several receipts are missing, though payment was taken;
2. After realizing the above, I opted to stop recurring monthly payments in favor of individual monthly payments, but they keep going through,
3. Had to cancel the card recurring payments were being made on to stop them.

Trusted choice of Contribution Selection and Participation

Bewertet am 20.8.2019
Thelma H.
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have had very positive experiences. I appreciate having the ability to share my personal experiences of its use and overall satisfaction.

Vorteile: What I liked most of all regarding this software have been the features offered to its users. After a donor makes a payment, an email confirmation is sent. Donors who have multiple organizations they are in support of, have the option at a single transaction to make more than one donation. If at any time, a charge that was not authorized, i.e. recurring donation have the option of canceling or managing donations. In the age of cyber crimes, their security measures give both the organization and contributors a greater sense of security.

Nachteile: I have no negative thoughts or concerns regarding the use of this software application.

easy to send a contribution

Bewertet am 2.11.2018
Community Wellness Coordinator, Starke,Marshall and Pulaski counties
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This program makes it easy to contribute. You can opt to keep your contact information in so you don't need to re-enter it again and again.

Vorteile: The ease with which I was able to send a contribution. Then, the next time I wanted to send one, my contact information was there so I didn't need to re-enter everything.

Nachteile: I didn't realize it was the software used by the person I was contributing to. So, I was skeptical at first.

HORRIBLE ! Because I only donated once ! But they are trying to automatically withdraw MONTHLY !

Bewertet am 29.7.2018
Michele O.
RN

Vorteile: They make it hard to cancel but easy to use. Billing me NOT according to what I initially agreed to donate.

Nachteile: I feel scammed! It has made me not want to donate. I am being charged monthly and it was only supposed to be a ONE TIME CHARGE!

NEVER RESPOND TO CALLS OR EMAILS

Bewertet am 6.11.2019
Liam D.
Student
Geschäftsbedarf & -einrichtung, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: HORRIBLE. I have a problem with my donation. I have called and emailed every day for the past week and I have not had one response. Even the Sanders campaign told me that I should be able to get my money back and gave ActBlue's, apparently useless, contact information to reach out to ActBlue's customer support which I guess just does not exist. Find a way to donate directly to campaign. DO NOT USE THIS FRAUDULENT SITE OR SOFTWARE

Vorteile: I got to donate to the amazing and incredible Bernie Sanders

Nachteile: Support Team is horrible, if they even exist.

von ActBlue an 7.11.2019

Hi Liam, we're sorry to hear about this experience! It looks like our team issued this refund, but please let us know if we can do anything else to help.

Rip off

Bewertet am 2.11.2018
Christine B.
Advisor
Politische Organisation, Selbstständig

Kommentare: You need to credit my accounts with all of the excessive transactions you have illegally removed from my account. You did it one year for Patty Murray, YEARS AGO, and are doing it again.

Vorteile: This is the second time they have taken repeated donations when I've authorized ONE.

Nachteile: Apparently, you have a little flaw, when it asks if you want a one time donation or repeated. Your flaw has gone on for years, which apparently a feature to you, not a flaw. Fix it.

unethical- their system reflects poorly on DEMS

Bewertet am 29.6.2019
Kelly K.
Retired teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Poor. Do not trust them at all! Am currently contacting my bank to block them from my account.

Vorteile: Ease of use. That’s what makes them dangerous!

Nachteile: They overcharged my account $50! I donated $25 towards Elizabeth Warren’s campaign, and they added two more unauthorized $25 charges to my account. I used them a few years ago to donate to Bernie Sanders campaign and it happened then too! I will never donate through this app again!!

ActBlue Scams Another Loyal Dem

Bewertet am 29.8.2018
Marian W.
Photographer
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Kommentare: DISGUSTING, SCAMMER

Vorteile: It’s the most faulty software I’ve ever encountered. Comparable to “phone but more insidious because they make unauthorized deductions from your bank account.

Nachteile: Its inability to accept entries to its own questions or, it accepts entry but goes directly to an unrelated page.

There's a reason its the standard

Bewertet am 16.5.2019
Jeremy G.
Performance Analyst
Staatsverwaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Raise funds for club organization.

Vorteile: Total donation management for campaigns. I also appreciate that donors are used to and expect this platform. I find that it makes the donation process more approachable when your donors already know the process. It makes it less awkward.

Nachteile: This is personal, but our organization took time to set up Actblue because the current board did not know if we were registered as 501c4 or c3 and that was required to begin.

Over charged no customer service

Bewertet am 24.4.2019
Melissa O.
Sales
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Vorteile: This is a stupid website. I don't use the software I use the service.

Nachteile: I was OVER charged and has no way of fixing the issues. I called and emailed countless times. No answers. I donated $5.50 and was charged $550.00. There was no option to cancel or edit. Now my account is over drawn all because I wanted to donate to a good cause.