Tracked for Basecamp Bewertungen

4.3/5
    4.3/5
    4.4/5

Über Tracked for Basecamp

Labels for to-dos and Kanban boards for projects, all within Basecamps UI.

Erfahre mehr über Tracked for Basecamp

185 von %{reviews_total} Bewertungen angezeigt

Dorothy L.
Principal and Marketing Director
  • Bewertet am 17.4.2018

"We juggle clients and projects so Basecamp keeps us on top of everything! "

Kommentare: A clearer mind because I know that I have captured all the parts of a client or project and I can quickly assign tasks and now that my team is on top of everything.

Vorteile: We can organize everything from to-dos to documents to random thoughts about a client or project in one place so it is easy to stay on top of everything or to pick up where you left off.

Nachteile: one feature that I hope is coming soon is to be able to make a repeating to-do. Right now we change the date but don't have the satisfaction of checking it off every time.

• Bewertet am 17.4.2018
David D.
Software Architect
Freizeit, Reisen & Tourismus, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 30.5.2019

"The Didgigo Tracked for Basecamp review"

Kommentare: Overall we like trackedhq. However we would love the following features - Milestones
- Task dependencies (Blocked by, other task Blocking etc.)
- Temporarily hiding entire columns in the kanban view (When you have 15+ columns in a board it gets hard)
- Better everhour support.

Vorteile: Our team loves both the Kanban boards and the labels. We only use the personal Kanban boards, and project and personal do not really align for us. All our staff use the Kanban boards in one of 2 rough ways: By Project
- Each column is a project
- Context switching becomes very quick
- Helps when running multiple projects at once and knowing what the next task in each project is.
By Timeframe
- Each column is a timeframe
- Examples include (Q1 2019, Q2 2019, This month, This week)
The labels are used in a number of ways - Tracking which clients certain todo's affect
- Tracking whether some task is blocked (This should really be a separate feature)
- Tracking milestones or release targets for issues (Again should be a seperate feature)
- Tracking issue severity
- Tracking issue priority

Nachteile: Not specifically a trackedhq issue. When clicking a todo in the Kanban board it comes up in a custom dialog. This BREAKS the everhour basecamp integration. We were using tracked to quickly jump between tasks and assign time to everhour. Im unsure exactly how the Everhour plugin works but i assume it requires the full task page (Like how Kanban used to be).

Emily S.
Director of Partnerships
Kosmetik, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 30.5.2019

"Basecamp: A Simple Project Management Tool for Teams"

Kommentare: We now have a solid way to track projects and progress across many different departments. It helps with work flow and deadlines.

Vorteile: It's easy to learn how to use Basecamp. The search functionality and notifications are great.

Nachteile: I get way too many email notifications. I know I can edit that setting, but I never seem to do it properly. Also, some team members get a bit passive about minding their projects and comments added, but we're all getting better with this.

Sarah A.
Account Supervisor
  • Bewertet am 19.12.2019

"Tracked Makes Basecamp Even More Efficient! "

Kommentare: Love that Tracked is now a part of basecamp! It feels like it always should have been a part of the software as it allow us to stay in basecamp for all of our project needs, rather than jumping in between software and has made us more efficient in our day to day projects!

Vorteile: We love using basecamp with some of our partners to easily keep track of a project, but Tracked has increased that organization tenfold. We can keep everything from a task list to assets to comments all in one place so that we can all easily stay on top of the project!

Nachteile: It would be nice to have Tracked in the desktop and/or mobile apps, as I sometimes am on Basecamp from my phone. Overall, not much I would change!

• Bewertet am 19.12.2019
Wendy Y.
Instructional Writer
  • Bewertet am 29.1.2019

"Good idea for an integration, but pretty limited in functionality"

Kommentare: I was initially really excited about including a virtual Kanban Board, but with only two options to display the card (one too specific and the other too general), it doesn't really meet our needs the way we had hoped. Also, the inability to copy labels from one project to another (or put them into templates) and lack of any real reporting or exporting and sorting capability was disappointing. Overall, I thought it would be more useful than it actually is for our needs.

Vorteile: I like the virtual Kanban Board, and that you can customize and save a standard setup for your team to use over and again for future projects. The drag and drop makes it easy to use, and it is nice to have individual Kanban Boards within each project as well.

Nachteile: A few things: I didn't like that labels don't copy from one project to another, and that you can't set labels in project templates. It would be nice to be able to export the to-dos with labels so you can report on them and sort the data, but that doesn't seem to be possible. Also, you only have two options to display cards, and neither of them are quite good enough. One is to display every item on every to-do list (including the lists itself, which is confusing) as a card, and this takes a really long time to sync if you have a lot of projects. The other is just to display the projects as cards, which is too broad when a project has multiple To-do lists and several features being worked on at once.

Michael T.
Director of IT
Marktforschung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.6.2019

"A must have for Basecamp"

Kommentare: Tracked for BC3 is a life saver for me. I will not use Basecamp without Tracked. I am looking forward for it to integrate with Harvest as well if possible. since our setup is Basecamp as PM tool, Harvest as time tracker, and Tracked as Kanban/Agile tool.

Vorteile: I don't know how others manage their team priorities with Basecamp. Being the IT director using basecamp alone wasn't sufficient. Once Tracked was introduced by the developers, a world of different for me. I needed two vectors project management to adapt to the complexities and demand of the projects. This tool allows me to focus my team priorities and continuously drive scrum and agile efforts without fail.

Nachteile: Instant Report/Statistics. Since the tool can see completed items, it doesn't hurt to see how fast tasks are completed. Definitely a dashboard of some kind to tabulate existing tasks say, Pie Chart 1 shows how many newly created task. How many is assigned but not actively using.
The dashboard can also include pie charts for all status. What is our majority task type? onholds, inprogress, backlog or new-to-do(unassigned tasks)?

• Bewertet am 6.6.2019
Sam C.
Marketing Coordinator
  • Bewertet am 1.6.2019

"Great add-on for your Basecamp projects"

Vorteile: The use of Kanban boards are really helpful in project and personal task management and in viewing workflow very easily. Support are of a great help too.

Nachteile: There seems to be bugs quite often, with task completion in Kanban boards often appearing in wrong columns.

• Bewertet am 1.6.2019
Site Reliability Architect
Biotechnologie, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 3.12.2019

"Look out JIRA! There's a new player in town!"

Kommentare: Great ROI delivered already from the time savings alone. The UI responsiveness really sealed the deal!

Vorteile: Coming from using JIRA for years, Tracked was a breath of fresh air! So much better performance when dealing with large scale project management.

Nachteile: Some of the workflows seemed non-intuitive to me, but that was probably just because I was used to JIRA! I'll get used to it eventually.

• Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Christopher T.
Chief of Program and Operations
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 30.5.2019

"Totally leveled up my groups product development practice"

Kommentare: We are using tracked for both content and software development.

Vorteile: We had already moved to using basecamp but really needed a better way to see work in progress and manage the backlog in team meetings. Tracked is inexpensive and very simple to use. It totally delivers on ROI.

Nachteile: I wish it could be integrated in the standalone app.

Jeremy W.
WordPress Developer
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.6.2019

"Flakey But Getting Better"

Kommentare: It's a useful tool but don't feel it's that stable enough yet to be fully trusted in terms of what you're seeing is an accurate representation of the state of your Basecamp. Thus I'm often refreshing the page or else logging out and in again.

Vorteile: Makes a visible board of tasks across the team and a way to move them into different columns such as In Progress or Q&A.

Nachteile: Sometimes slow to sync with Basecamp. Cannot resize columns width ways, thus have to scroll horizontally. Have to continually re-sort columns by date, it doesn't seem to remember this setting. Sometimes global Basecamp messages obscure content (though last time this happened support were quick to find a solution).

• Bewertet am 11.6.2019
Travis S.
Senior Support Specialist
Musik, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.1.2019

"Tracked from Support Position"

Kommentare: It's been really good overall. It's already allowing for great work flow and MUCH better tracking of things and where our workflow is being held up.

Vorteile: I love the integration into basecamp, specifically with Kanban boards. I run our RMA/Repair system through todos which are associated to SupportBee tickets. With Kanban boards I can quickly see where a problem in my workflow is happening and who I need to action for it to continue moving. Great Tool. We do meetings where everything is based around Kanban board. Labels!!!! I love labels get for sorting.

Nachteile: Customization options for fields is a miss between the two. Right now I'm using label but would prefer to be able to make these into fields.
At the moment I create to-dos with about 25 fields for our repair team so it would be great if I could create my own fields like labels and be able to sort. The labels never stay on my to-dos if I put them on while creating the todo. I have to create the to do and then add labels.
I would love to do RMA Number of Serial Number of Product / Type.

Samantha S.
Account Manager
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.1.2019

"Helpful for Organizing Projects"

Kommentare: I've loved it and have already recommended it to other teams internally and other companies I know that use Basecamp.

Vorteile: I am a Basecamp superuser and generally have over 45 project cards going at one time. It was helpful to be able to customize where those projects are in their flow and move them along as we make progress.

Nachteile: It's been great actually, I haven't had any issues. The only thing I will say is that it shows up in my google chrome as an add-on and I often click it thinking it will give me notifications or link me somewhere, but really it only shows me which basecamps I have connected to Tracked and when I click on the basecamp it doesn't take me anywhere. It isn't an issue at all, it's just a weird thing that I don't find to be necessary or intuitive.

Hannah B.
Lead Client Success Guide
  • Bewertet am 20.4.2018

"Tracked has increased the overall efficiency of our business"

Kommentare: The ability to run a team more efficiently and have an overall view of what is happening and when and who is working on it.

Vorteile: I love the functionality. While it has it's occasional glitches, the overall use of it is amazing. Our company has benefited from it so much. Even though we are a smaller team we all work together, sometimes remote, and we juggle a lot of different things for an ever-growing client list. Tracked has helped us communicate better because we could hop in and see what projects were being worked on and who has been working on them. It has allowed us to break out bigger projects into smaller bit size pieces that make more sense to the team.

Nachteile: The glitches are pretty common. We also had some issues for a while trying to figure out labels to where we did not have to recreate the same ones every new task we made. But support was always there to help.

• Bewertet am 20.4.2018
Technical Architect
  • Bewertet am 5.2.2019

"Great team building a great product"

Kommentare: I'm sad that we decided Tracked wasn't the right solution for our team, because it is a great product.

Vorteile: This software is elegant and effective. Setup is quick, and rollout through your organization is as easy as installing a Chrome plugin. Additionally, the team is a pleasure to chat with through various support and feature requests.

Nachteile: My qualms with Tracked are based on it not meeting my (personal and organization) needs specifically. For starters, I don't like to use Google Chrome (at all) but Tracked only works with a Chrome extension. Secondly, our departments have different needs for a Kanban board, and Tracked wasn't flexible enough for our needs. For instance, you could choose to have the cards be either individual to-dos or entire to-do lists, but we needed both in different circumstances. Additionally, we needed a solution where someone could see one, some, or all to-dos assigned to them, but not the entire project. Though, this may have been related to our setup of Basecamp.

• Bewertet am 5.2.2019
Michael S.
  • Bewertet am 30.1.2019

"Kanbans on Basecamp! A missing feature"

Kommentare: Tracked support has been really responsive and helpful. Overall it has been a great experience and has enabled our rapidly growing agency to get even more use out of basecamp and stay on the platform longer.

Vorteile: This adds kanbans to projects in basecamp, which is amazing, however, this takes it a step further and allows us to turn all of our projects into cards on a kanban board and individuals can organize their tasks on kanban boards. This is a really useful add-on to basecamp and honestly is a feature that basecamp is missing.

Nachteile: The con is not really about tracked but about basecamp. Tracked adds a feature that I believe should natively be part of basecamp

Operations Director
Medienproduktion, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 28.8.2018

"A Simple and Effective Kanban Add-On for Basecamp"

Kommentare: Tracked is a fantastic alternate view of tasks for those that like the Kanban approach to task management. Customer support for Tracked is outstanding - very timely and helpful for whatever questions arise.

Vorteile: Tracked is simple (near-instant) to setup and supports a basic Kanban interface for your existing projects and teams inside of Basecamp. There are only a few supported features, but they are just the ones you need which keeps this add-on light and avoids interferences with the core Basecamp functionality.

Nachteile: There is a small problem with bookmarking URLs to the Kanban views of project and teams: some views don't have distinct URL paths so you occasionally have to visit the page, and then interact with UI to load the proper view setting. This is mildly annoying but tiny compared to overall value of the plugin.

Danielle L.
Graphic Designer
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

"Works pretty well"

Kommentare: Overall, the app is functional, but clumsy.

Vorteile: I like having boards that I can see laid out for me and that I can see their due dates.

Nachteile: I don't like that the Kanban boards sometimes disappear, and I have to exit the program for them to come back. The program isn't very intuitive... it took me FOREVER to figure out how to get back to the project folder (as it turns out, I had to click on the hard to find name of the column the individual projects reside in). I also don't like that if the list of projects in a column is longer than what you see on your screen, manually moving individual project tiles around is a pain. Lastly, it also took me forever to figure out how to edit the description of an individual project (it turned out to be the nondescript elipses icon in the top right). I think this would be nicer if you could just go in and edit the text without having to go looking for an edit button.

Rajan S.
Software Engineer
  • Bewertet am 21.9.2018

"Good for setting up Kanban boards"

Vorteile: I really like how easy it is to get a Kanban view of your basecamp tasks. I find dragging tasks between categories and setting up new tasks and categories to be very easy.

Nachteile: I think it would be really great to set up sprints in Tracked. If we could have a more focused view of what I should be working on in a particular week or two weeks. Also it's a bit frustrating that I can't see the boards on the desktop or mobile Basecamp apps but I'm not sure much can be done about it. Also the individual view seems to be a bit buggy

• Bewertet am 21.9.2018
Alorah K.
Property Management
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 30.1.2019

"Needed something that could see tasks from different projects"

Kommentare: I hope that you do add the functionality of letting Tracked access tasks across all projects shared by one team. This would be a huge advantage for basecamp. I liked the product and the communication with the tracked team, but our team is not using it because we need to see all tasks from all projects at once. We run a property management company, and each "project" is a house or property, and all members of our team work with all properties. The most important drawback to Basecamp for us is that we can only see tasks either divided by project or divided by team member which means that in our weekly scrum sprint meetings, there is no single view of all the work for our team. I've looked into a dozen team-management websites and softwares online, but none of them quite matched basecamp for storing and organizing information and records. And no add-on software was quite as appealing as Tracked for it's simple, clear design. But again, we are not using it because we do not want to look into each project separate from all others.

Vorteile: I like the simple kanban layout, it's easy to use and I liked how it integrated almost seamlessly into the BC interface.

Nachteile: I did not like how I could only see the tasks from one project at at time.

Bob M.
Marketing Content Manager - Partner Support
Musik, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.1.2019

"One of the most useful workplace additions you'll ever use."

Kommentare: Our repairs system was a disorganised mess before we used tracked. Introducing this has revolutionised the way we manage customer repairs. It's a complete life-saver.

Vorteile: Being able to integrate company wide tasks within a KanBan style workflow has transformed the way we work as a company. It's revolutionised the way we manage product repairs and support issues and has led to greater productivity and efficiency.

Nachteile: Sometimes Tracked does not load properly, especially after software updates.

Rebekah B.
SEO specialists

"Basecamp review"

Kommentare: Overall I think it's a great tool to help track and organize tasks within the company. User friendly.

Vorteile: I like that you can instantly search what you are looking for at the top of the page. Your assignments are easily displayed at the top as well.

Nachteile: The email notifications are not more specific in the heading.

Jerome T.
Co-Founder - Marketing, Finance & Design
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.2.2019

"Well designed addition to Basecamp - we wouldn't work without it now."

Kommentare: As a developer, I love seeing my tasks lined up in the Backlog and sometimes make myself a Today column which gives me a lot more clarity than Basecamp's standard views. The QA/Review column is also a must have in our process when a task is done but awaiting release or approval.

Vorteile: Well considered design and implementation. Consistently improving and with very quick customer service and fast turnaround for feature requests and bug fixes. Tracked is impressive particularly because it could be so much more limited but they have ensured it is as full featured as possible.

Nachteile: Unfortunate that it can't work in the desktop apps and mobile app but tbh we don't use those anyway. The popup of a task when you click it on the Kanban is a little clunky looking and doesn't yet support the Harvest time tracking extension (although they are working on this).

• Bewertet am 7.2.2019
Michael R.
Copywriter

"Useful Tool"

Vorteile: Basecamp is great, but it can sometimes be difficult to communicate priorities to your team, especially if you have a ton of projects. Tracked is a useful extension. It really helps us prioritize and keep the rest of the team appraised of our progress.

Nachteile: Occasionally Tracked will disappear from Basecamp for no apparent reason. I won't notice until my project manager asks why I'm not using tags on my To-Dos. Then, I'll have ot reinstall it.

Bethany Y.
Content Coordinator
Design, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.1.2019

"Great Solution for Recent Basecamp Converts"

Kommentare: My team at work has used Asana and Trello in past, both of which offer the visual column format. We switched to Basecamp and lots of us were missing the column functionality, so Tracked has been a great addition. It helps me organize all of my tasks by tracking them by status instead of just by project.

Vorteile: This makes my Basecamp tasks more dynamic, allowing me to arrange my tasks into visual columns, which is how I organize best!

Nachteile: The software is occasionally glitchy, requiring a reboot of the browser.

VP Products
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.2.2019

"The Missing Link for structured Project Management in Basecamp"

Kommentare: Overall, this is a great addition to Basecamp, and it's good to be able to have some projects run on Kanban lines while others remain in conventional Basecamp mode.

Vorteile: This is a great integration that gives Basecamp a whole new aspect. Having a Kanban board optionally available within projects is a huge leap forward.

Nachteile: It can be a little tricky to configure just the way you want it, and the Estimate function is slightly limited, but these are tiny details.

• Bewertet am 8.2.2019