On-Demand Training

Bewertet am 29.8.2018
Josh M.
Pricing Analyst
Groߟhandel, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience with PW On-Demand Training has been great. The courses are thorough, the instructors do a great job explaining the material, and the PW platform is very user friendly. Keep up the great work.

Vorteile: My favorite feature is the wide range of courses offered on the different aspects of Power BI. The structure is great; you can start with the Intro courses and work your way up to the more advanced material. This allowed me to learn at my own pace and was crucial to my development.

Nachteile: Sometimes the course material didn't align with what was being shown in the videos. Maybe the videos had changed slightly and the course material did not, but I found myself looking for files a couple of times to match up with the course, primarily in the Intro to DAX course.

Great on-line training for BI developers

Bewertet am 1.11.2019
Frans V.
BI Developer
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It just works great.

Vorteile: For the price of one class room training, you get a full year access to multiple trainings. And I can access it at any moment that suits me.

Nachteile: Had some trouble accessing Azure Data week files. But the regular training site works fine

von Pragmatic Works an 4.11.2019

Thanks for the review Frans. If you're still having issues with the Azure Data Week files please email azuredataweek@pragmaticworks.com!

An Excellent Training Experience

Bewertet am 19.6.2019
Don D.
Database Administrator
Bankwesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are in the process of moving from SQL Server 2012 where we were using a package development model. I needed to understand the project deployment model so we could migrate to SQL Server 2017. The training classes for SSIS helped me understand that so that we could move forward. Also, while we are planning to use Azure SQL Managed Instance and not the SQL Server Databases discussed in the training class, it did help me to understand a lot about how Azure works and what would be necessary for our migration in the future.

Vorteile: The classes are very well structured and build appropriately as they go. Each module builds on the skills of the previous one and the advanced classes build well on the beginner. There is an excellent variety of classes for people in all the various database and business intelligence administration levels. The instructors are very thorough in their presentations.

Nachteile: As with any course, there are sometimes not the classes that meet our specific needs. Case in point. We are looking to migrate a number of our on premise SQL Server instances to Azure Managed Instances. And while the training class on Azure SQL Server was excellent, it concentrated more on SQL Server Databases than managed instances.

Good enough

Bewertet am 28.6.2019
Muneeb K.
IT Team Leader
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Good for entry level coursed

Vorteile: Good price and fairly easy to use. Good website

Nachteile: Not enough advanced topics. It's good for entry level courses

von Pragmatic Works an 2.7.2019

Hi Muneeb! We'd love to hear from you about which advanced topics you're interested in. Feel free to email training@pragmaticworks.com with suggestions.

My Review

Bewertet am 21.8.2019
Henry W.
Analytics & Reporting Manager
Tiefbau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: There is a lot of content available.
The lessons are reasonable length - very consumable
The content is logically grouped into "courses"

Nachteile: Somewhat repetitive content - maybe just the intro courses so far

Great Visualizations

Bewertet am 16.8.2019
Kathy A.
Operations Analyst
Versorgungsunternehmen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very helpful. Awesome tool.

Vorteile: The ability to look at data from multiple angles. Great selection of visualizations.

Nachteile: Not as intuitive as I would like it to be.

Excellent Training

Bewertet am 11.7.2019
Teresa M.
PBI Analyst
Maschinerie, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: GREAT EXPERIENCE! I was unsure what to expect. My background is not data, but my role has evolved to data. I am happy to say that within a few weeks of this training, I am able to provide amazing reports for my customers.

Vorteile: The modules are well planned and presented.

Nachteile: At times the voice would phase in and out.

Pragmaticworks Training - One of the best in the Industry

Bewertet am 26.10.2019
Vipin R.
Finanzdienstleistungen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am very satisfied with the quality and quantity of the course contents. Please keep it up, and it will be very helpful for someone like me if the course videos are made downloadable in the near future. I had requested one of the instructor to make the course downloadable and he had promised me that some day it will be a reality. So finger crossed... :-)

Vorteile: I have opted for the PowerBI Learning path of training, and I should say all the courses in the course bundle are of top notch quality. The Instructors are all very knowledgeable and are very proficient in their respective areas.

Nachteile: I had some trouble navigating the site, and also would like to have downloadable videos of the course, since I travel a lot because of my business and a downloadable content of the course will be very beneficial for me.

The best Training Ever

Bewertet am 16.9.2019
Mike D.
BI Manager
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been able to learn all about advanced T-SQL and Power BI.

Vorteile: The training from Pragmatic Works is top notch. You get real world examples and the instructors do a great job of covering the material thoroughly.

Nachteile: The video player is okay, it would be nice for it to have a few more features.

Like nothing I've ever experienced

Bewertet am 8.11.2019
Kevin S.
Controller

Kommentare: The ability to drill down into data (project completion pending), and have all relevant visualizations be linked to one another and be manipulable is way too cool!

Vorteile: Hours of content I wish I had for previous development/applications!

Nachteile: Order of training videos was not straight forward.

Seems like a good setup.

Bewertet am 9.1.2018
Mike L.
Data Quality and Compilation Supervisor

Vorteile: There are numerous topics that look like they'll be quite useful to familiarize myself with. The lessons are succinct and enjoyable to work with.

Nachteile: The setup, for creating my lists and such, isn't quite as intuitive as I would have liked. However, I'm certainly getting the hang of it after a little play

von Pragmatic Works an 19.3.2018

Thanks for the feedback Mike. We'd certainly like to make this easier for you. I noticed you gave 0/5 starts for Customer Support. Is this just because you haven't had a chance to interact with our team yet? Or is there an area we need to address here?

Software Company That Provides Useful Training

Bewertet am 1.11.2018
Graphic Designer II
Design, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: We use On-Demand Training software, and what I like about it is I can learn at my own pace. With my current busy schedule, this option allows me to complete these trainings during my free time. The lessons are taught in a creative way and keeps you focused. I believe On-Demand Training is practical and was designed for busy people like me who love to learn and can do it during our convenient time.

Nachteile: My sole concern is that there are some courses that I would have loved to take but are not offered in this software. I hope they will provide more courses in the future.

von Pragmatic Works an 2.11.2018

Thanks for the great feedback here! I'm curious what courses would you like to see if the future? This could help us with future planning priorities on our content.

Great way to learn Power BI. Starts simple & builds into the complex in an easy to follow format.

Bewertet am 23.10.2017
Pamela M.
Business Insights Analyst
Baumaterial, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Understand how to set up my own Power BI dashboards much better now that I know more about how relationships are connected & how to write the formulas to pull out some of the data I want. I expect much more in benefits once I finish the training. Glad I have a year to do that.

Vorteile: I like that it starts simple & builds. The example files given are very helpful & that it gives them after each module section in case you miss something. I like that there is so much for me to learn, hours of training. I have a lot left to do & am looking forward to building on what I have learned. Overall, I have told others here good things about this training.

Nachteile: In the Power BI Dashboard, the introduction/summaries are a bit too long for me. The excel modules weren't like that. There was a little too much talking in the Power BI ones initially, when I wanted to dive into things. It would be nice if there was a way to email questions I can't figure out. Having an electronic list of the main formulas/concepts taught would be helpful.

Great way to be updated on Microsoft offerings in a very efficient way in time and money.

Bewertet am 11.8.2017
Eduardo C.
Bi Architect
Bankwesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Very efficient way to learn,

Vorteile: Easy to connect anywhere I am. Allowing me to be at work, home or on the go when taking any of this trainings. The webcasts are very useful since they are taught by experts in the area who have first on-hands use of technology, having a very useful way to teach each concept.

Nachteile: Need to wait for some areas to be available. I would like certain topics to have webinars more often, I understand your consultants are busy but the ideal scenario is to have webinars as soon as new technology is available.

von Pragmatic Works an 13.9.2017

Hi Eduardo! Thanks for the feedback. We'd love to hear what webinar topics you're interested in seeing. You can email us at OnDemandTraining@pragmaticworks.com with your ideas.

Pragmatic works on demand training: SSRS

Bewertet am 5.1.2018
James B.
Reporting Analyst
Einzelhandel, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The training is actually very good, if you can ignore some of the minor issues. It is immediately applicable -if- you have the access to the software and systems to use it.

Vorteile: For on demand / online training this is pretty good. The topic coverage has been in depth and useful. The quizzes can be a little vague in some of the questions, but the reinforcement is a must have. Resuming a session takes you back to the very place you were in the videos, again a big plus. Overall an excellent buy for my employer, and an excellent use of time for me.

Nachteile: Two points: There are errors in the videos that should be edited out, but they remain in. Also, there is no VM /sandbox support. To follow along means you have to install the software -and databases- on your local machine. If you don't have admin rights to do this, then you may not be able to do the hands along with the instructor. Having a remote sandbox environment would ensure that the training could be followed exactly as it is presented.

I feel I've increased my skills with each class I've taken especially with the ability to review.

Bewertet am 18.8.2017
Thane P.
Business Intelligence Lead
Forschung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Increased knowledge and technical skills. Ability to talk with IT about design.

Vorteile: There are so many classes to choose from. Each is separated into modules that can be reviewed independently or all together. Classes do not expire within my annual agreement. Training is well done.

Nachteile: Inability to download the examples and tutorials since this is on demand and not in the classroom. This is a small issue. I just follow along and if time allows I create my own scenarios to test concepts that seem most important.

von Pragmatic Works an 13.9.2017

Hi Thane! Thanks for the feedback. You should be able to download the examples and tutorials used in class by going to the module titled 'What you need to get started'. If you don't see this email us at OnDemandTraining@pragmaticworks.com and I'd be happy to do a quick meeting to show you where to find this.

Best Online Training Site for Microsft Data Analytics Suite

Bewertet am 30.8.2019
Sr Cognos Developer, Administrator
Staatsverwaltung, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am using this training site since 2018 and they keep on adding the training courses. They are taught by industry experts.

Vorteile: The Best thing about this Online Training Site is that they have 50+ variety of courses that are on their site for the self-pace training ranges from Power BI Suite, MSBI Suite and recently Azure Data Analytics

Nachteile: The first thing is the pricing. It is 995 dollars per year and you have to renew it yearly.

von Pragmatic Works an 3.9.2019

Thanks for the review! One thing I'll mention is that we've recently added an option to purchase on a monthly basis as well.

Excellent content and presentation.

Bewertet am 8.4.2018
Greg c C.
SQL Server BI Architect / Developer - Contractor

Vorteile: Some very good tips that I think only can be known from a consulting company experience. The scenarios and code examples used are very clear and applicable to real life development.

Nachteile: I see very few things about this training material I do not like. The only thing is that it costs more than many video training courses, but when considering the great content, I would buy it again. In fact, nothing. I did the trial and had time to really evaluate the content. Almost all my training is computer based and "good" videos and at my level get me to my learning goals quickest. At my advanced level most videos do not offer much insight, but these videos give the added concepts and techniques I did not see in many other video programs. These videos might not be at a low enough level for many newbies, but I find a learn something from each module.

The Pragmatic Works courses I took allowed for me to immediately make an impact at my organization.

Troy H.
Senior Manager of Business Intelligence
Gastgewerbe, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The curriculum was pretty robust, and the exercises were very applicable in the real world. I took two courses, one introductory level and one more advanced, and I was surprised how well prepared I felt to begin using the software in my day job even after just the introductory course. The advanced course definitely provided more detailed instruction and background information, but for anyone unsure if the introductory course will be enough to move the needle, I would say have no fear!

Nachteile: While the course did go through some exercises that I could follow along, it would have been great to have a hands-on component to the course.

von Pragmatic Works an 13.9.2017

Hi Troy! Thanks for the feedback. For hands-on exercises we would recommend you review the class files, which include class labs. These labs can be found in almost every class under a module called 'What you need to get started'.

Training with Pragmatic Works T-SQL was very helpful and easy to use.

Elias M.
Sr. Programmer Analyst
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Help me tacking some SQL issue when developing a query at work.

Vorteile: Self explanatory. Very easy to use. The timeline for coarses are perfectly feed to students. The videos are also very helpful as well.

Nachteile: Maybe a hands on lab will help even more for students to gain more insight. Skype call video instead to calling in, once email sent to schedule a video call.

von Pragmatic Works an 13.9.2017

Hi Elias! Thanks for the feedback. You can find hands-on labs under each course in a modules titled 'What you need to get started'. It sounds like you're also looking for a live experience though. We offer this through our week long live taught bootcamps. All of our On Demand Training Elite members get these bootcamps 40% off for being such loyal customers! These bootcamps cover similar material that our On Demand Training covers but is for those that prefer a live instructor and hands-on labs with someone to help right there next to you.

Pragmatic Works On Demand Training Is A Great Product/Service

Bewertet am 2.1.2018
Richard D.
IT BA - Reporting and Analytics Sr. Analyst
Bankwesen, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: On Demand training at my finger tips, which I can complete at my own pace. It keeps track of my progress and content is presented in a clear concise manner.

Vorteile: I love that it can be completed at your own pace and you can pick up where you left off. It keeps track of your progress throughout and the amount of content is awesome. They keep adding new things and I get notified when new content is added. The courses are very relevant to my current job role and it's helped me be more successful at my job. So far all the presenters have been great, they are easy to understand and explain things in just the right amount of detail without to much to where it can get boring and seem like it takes forever to get to something important.

Nachteile: I do miss the live interaction you get from a classroom setting, but to have this vast amount of content on hand at anytime I think outweighs that con. Other than that, I haven't found any cons.

Great training program. Instructors are very knowledgeable and train well.

Bewertet am 14.5.2018
Mike T.
Business Intelligence Manager

Vorteile: Variety and depth of each subject. Instructors are well spoken and provide great direction and overall understanding.

Nachteile: I would like if the training were more aligned with a Microsoft certification tract including maybe some similar questions you would see on an exam. This also brings up that I would like the quiz questions to be a little more challenging.

Learned a lot.

Bewertet am 11.6.2018
Kathy A.
Operations Analyst - Field Support
Versorgungsunternehmen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It helps a lot with analysis. Making defects stand out.

Vorteile: Ease of use, excel based. Also love the visualizations. Ability to customize and have defects more visible.

Nachteile: Importing can be difficult. Building relationships not as easy as I thought. Hidden options difficult to remember where certain options are located.

Great learning tool for introduction to ETL and SQL

Bewertet am 15.8.2017
Marc P.
ETL Developer
Staatsverwaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We learned a lot of Data Warehousing techniques that we can incorporate in our process. Learned a lot of techniques using SSAS and SSRS and MDX query language.

Vorteile: The SQL Server Data tools classes that they offer including SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS were a great introduction for my business unit to train new and existing employees. It introduced new concepts and helped solidify existing knowledge of the tool and exposed staff to shortcuts in Visual Studio development.

Nachteile: There are very little con's with this training software, however there a couple of things I think would definitely help improve the software. The SSAS instructor for the introduction course seems to go through some sections really quickly so I think slowing down a little bit would be helpful. Also, if there were a couple more hierarchy examples were shown that would be extremely helpful. Also, my team was focusing on Data Warehousing and the task factory suite has a lot of tasks that can help you so a class that goes through creating a ETL process for that would have been helpful.

Solid training

Thomas S.
Info Analyst lll
Versicherung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I'm become much better at my job. Learned how to solve my own problems and increase my efficiency.

Vorteile: Learning Microsoft products such as power BI and SSRS and MDX reporting has helped me develop valuable skills that have strengthened my resume and made me an invaluable resource in my organization

Nachteile: The training certificates don't upload well. It would be nice to upload the certificate of accomplishment/completion to linkedID to show that I've completed the coursework/training.