Clean, easy to use system of visual organization for designers.

Kelsey O.
Communications Designer
Internet

Kommentare: Milanote is awesome and an essential design organizational tool

Vorteile: I started using Milanote when it was in beta, when I was looking for a neater alternative to Trello. I do design work, so being able to put pictures and text wherever I want is really important. It's equally, important, though, that everything be neat and easy to organize. I mostly work by myself with a handful of individual clients. I can work on Milanote without having to deal with excess team features, but still share the boards with clients via a "secret link". (They can also join the board fully if they're members.) Milanote has also been steadily adding features that have really helped me to use it even more and with greater ease, particularly the Mac desktop app. Pulling in links is especially useful, as it shows you some of the webpage as well as the URL itself. I also love that I can embed GIFs and have them work as they're supposed to. (Airtable, for example, will just show it as a still image in a larger view.) Being able to show clients exactly what I'm talking about is huge, and the fact that it's easy to organize and make changes to really helps. It's standardized in its design but gives me everything I need.

Nachteile: There's no integration with Zapier yet. I believe that's on the roadmap, but it'll definitely make a difference when I can connect a particular design board with tasks on Todoist, for example.

Easiest way to organize strategies and workflows

Bewertet am 26.5.2019
Dominique B.
Marketing Automation Manager
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This is the main tool that my team and I turn to when organizing new marketing campaigns, outlining strategies and gathering inspiration.

Vorteile: Super easy to organize ideas and share concepts with the team. The ability to add arrows, imagery and comments makes it super easy to decipher complex ideas with the team in one view.
The ability to add links right onto the board with previews make for a great visual planning tool. The Milanote team provides amazing ongoing communication with examples of how other users organize their projects and new features

Nachteile: The comment feature is great for team input, but there is no way to hide comments while previewing the board without completely dismissing it/deleting the comment altogether. When sharing a collaborative board with my team, I would love it if they were able to view other's comments with the ability to turn the comment view on and off

Milanote is a terrific creative canvas for ideation, research, collaboration and everyday notetaking

Adam S.
Consultant

Kommentare: Milanote is a creative workflow asset. It allows me to rapidly iterate on just about anything that's how versatile I've found it to be.

Vorteile: Milanote has an elegantly simple interface. It's great for capturing notes on the go, consolidating and mapping your research findings, organising your creative ideas, arranging all of the above into projects and using whatever system/workflow suits you (and your team, in realtime).

Nachteile: As a product, Milanote sits somewhere between a fully-fledged word processor and an online file storage service, like Dropbox. It's not either of those extremes, so manage your expectations! However, it is absolutely terrific at filling the void in between.

One of the best tools for organizing creative projects within the team

Bewertet am 21.3.2019
Jovan M.
Performance Marketing Manager

Kommentare: When you need to create content from stretch you need to have everything organized in one place (copy, visuals, external sources etc.) and everything needs to be visually well arranged.
Milanote provides us everything you need in one place, so we can move faster with our tasks and deadlines.

Vorteile: I like to use Milanote for website content creation, customer journey mapping and even for creating simple diagrams. The learning curve of using this tool is not so long, you can conclude everything that tool can do within the few hours. Great UX and UI visual experience.

Nachteile: Struggling with shaping and moving arrows.

Made for Designers

Maria G.
UX/UI Designer
51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I'm able to feel more organized. As a designer, I benefit greatly from having everything in one place vs physical boards. I can take it with me on the go, on my phone and it's been great for collaboration with my team.

Vorteile: My favorite aspect of Milanote is having the ability to create different boards. I work as a UX designer so the boards have been an amazing way to collect research, images, references and to compile them in a way that is visually easy to look at and organized.

Nachteile: When I have long pieces of text, it tends to expand in length but not in width. Having more control of the text boxes so they can be adjusted using the cursor in terms of both width and height would be very useful!

Very happy with the ease of use and the possibilities. But there's still much to improve.

Pablo S.
Data Analyst

Kommentare: Organise projects I'm working on and future ideas and projects. Feel a bit more organize with it, but still needs a lot of improvements to really be used much more. Especially for the price it has.

Vorteile: Ease of use, very visual and intuitive. Being able to organize everything the way I want is one of my favorite features compared to other tools like Evernote that I found quite restrictive in this sense. The possibility to create any possible combination of notes, boards, images, it's great and allows to create each board different according to your needs.

Nachteile: Still lots of things to add and improve, especially for the cost it has. In my opinion, the actual price of the pro version doesn't justify the features available. There is no android app, so it's almost impossible to use on your mobile phone, becoming just a desktop app. I miss the option to upload files of any type and modify the notes to be wider if we need so we can add paragraphs of text easily.

Working with Milanote has made tasks like mood-boarding and team collaboration so easy.

Candace E.
Art Director/Senior Graphic Designer
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The ease of use is definitely one of the pros. The software is fast/easy to learn , and easy to use. It lets you focus on the task at hand and not get frustrated with convoluted user experiences.

Nachteile: More functionality around team collaborate would be great. A way to see who is leaving feedback or comments and a way to comment back. Maybe in a comment thread.

Fantastic way for me to organize my crazy ideas.

Benjamin K.
Bekleidung & Mode, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Ability to organize my thoughts and projects.

Vorteile: I love the basics of a movable board. It is most like my brain so I like to fill up images and colors to help brainstorm. The web clipper has been a huge improvement too and allowed me to read more articles.

Nachteile: Least I like the zoom option and sizing options. I fill boards a lot and would like to zoom out more easily, or have there be a way to make articles smaller on my board. I think of Adobe illustrator and how often I zoom in and out to see where I am at.

Easy and effective way creating Diagrams.

Bewertet am 30.3.2019
Uros O.
Software Support Specialist II
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Milanote is great tool to create and draw your ideas/projects from the scratch. Or if you prefer you can start a project from template, making your job a lot easier.

Nachteile: I'm not a big fan of Milanote user experience, or user interface, it is outdated, hopefuly it wil lbe updated in the future.

Collaboration at its best.

Bewertet am 30.3.2019
Stanislava P.
Account manager
Telekommunikation, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Milanote is by far most efficient and most easy tool to use. Every feature is very well optimized and collaboration between me and my team is just amazing. We can even create a live chat and have a conversation about ongoing topics.

Nachteile: The only thing i dont like about MilaNote is its default color scheme which is not that pleasent to my eyes. Other then that it is perfect. Im sure they will work more on their UX.

Simple and effective

Bewertet am 26.10.2018
Self-Publishing Consultant - eBook & Print Formatting - Web Development
Internet, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I use Milanote both personally and professionally, helping me keep on top of a range of projects. I can't imagine using any other software now.

Vorteile: I love the organisation of products like Trello but needed something more visual and flexible. Milanote definitely helps with that - images, files, to do lists, notes etc... all in a pinboard style. Boards can be nested as well, which is great for organising large-scale projects and preventing it from becoming overwhelming.

Nachteile: It is basic, but that's by design and means it's not overloaded with features. However, an archive functionality would be very useful. I'm very happy with Milanote. An app would be handy, but not essential.

Can't live without it but needs an offline mode and iPad app

Bewertet am 21.10.2017
Stephen G.
Head Of Design
Finanzdienstleistungen

Vorteile: It's like virtual post it notes so it's so easy for me to think and brainstorm. I can have multiple projects going at once and easily flip Between them all.

Nachteile: No offline mode so can't work on planes, etc.
No app which kills me as I use my iPad for most of my conception
Can't copy between now boards.

Helps me see the bigger picture

Behrouz J.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Immobilien

Kommentare: A lot! It's been a great addition to my workflow.

Vorteile: Helps me manage my projects, especially the creative projects. It's flexible and fun to use. I can export my canvases.

Nachteile: Limitations in colour-coding. Can't have more than one canvas open. Can't zoom out. Still can't open files (like PDFs, etc) in the app.

Userfriendly, convinient, excellent customer service.

Bewertet am 17.4.2018
Valentin S.
Academic Advisor
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Easy to use, user friendly, great customer service.

Vorteile: I like how this is a virtual pin board of ideas. It is convinient because you log in quickly and post your ideas and your team mates see it instantly. They can even move your idea around to a different category. It's way better than a physical board because of how quick and easy it is to use. It's a user friendly interface. I like how I can use the Chat service anytime I have a question, and their team is always willing to assist us if we need it.

Nachteile: We mainly use it to manage our projects and as an idea sharring platform. Not sure what else to use it for. Great Idea though!

A great product with a steep pricing model and no mobile apps for Android

Bewertet am 15.10.2019
Ricardo O.
Creative director

Kommentare: I found this app extremely easy to use, and it is highly recommended for creatives as it embraces fully the "limitless board" model. Sadly, there is no mobile apps for Android yet. Pricing is too steep with no middle option.

Vorteile: Ease of use, tons of features that make it flexible specially for creative environments

Nachteile: No mobile apps. Pricing is too steep if you live in the Android ecosystem as there is no app for this system.

Extremely powerful visual brainstorming tool

Bewertet am 19.8.2019
Rick P.
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Surprisingly fun visual tool for brainstorming. I'd love to be able to afford it.

Vorteile: Milanote is an easy to use and very powerful tool for those who work through problems and projects visually and spatially. Although the purpose of the various tools is obvious, the onboarding was perfect. It's fun to use! You could fool around for hours experimenting. The templates are helpful. I like being able to layer boards on top of boards. This is much more than a moodboard or scrapbook app. Very intelligently implemented.

Nachteile: The free plan is very limited and I'm not sure you can prove the tool's value to use with only 100 elements allowed. But 10 bucks a month per user for unlimited elements and storage isn't a bad price.

Love at First Try

Bewertet am 13.2.2019
Bonita S.
Digital Designer
Design, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Seriously, this one is a gem!! Great job guys! Finally an app I wanted to use everyday.
I use it to manage all my work, from pitch to finished product. You literally can do EVERYTHING there, no need to jump from app to app.

Nachteile: Maybe the card limitation for the free user plan :(

Very Useful, Especially for Creatives

Bewertet am 18.4.2019
Brionne G.
Graphic Designer
Grafikdesign, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I love how intuitive the platform is. I just jumped right in and figured it out in a breeze. I love all the different content types you can easily add to your note and that it syncs across all devices.

Nachteile: I would love to have a Milanote app for my iPhone, hoping that's on their roadmap! I also wish that when accessing the site from Chrome on my iPhone browser, I could save a photo to my phone from my board.

Next level brainstorming

Lennart S.
Art-Director

Kommentare: Being able to carry all your ideas with you and not having to look trough stacks upon stacks of sketch paper.

Vorteile: It's a brilliant yet dead simple idea and they've kept that simplicity, so you can purely focus on your creations. You forget that you're using an app. It's just you and your idea.

Nachteile: Milanote is not very functional on smartphones just yet. Trying to type a note from your smartphone will constantly result in disappearing words.

Creative briefs with style

Bewertet am 30.7.2019
Gio P.
Senior Brand Designer
Design, Selbstständig

Kommentare: As the design lead of a team, I use Milanote to create briefs for my team where they have all the info necessary to do their creative work. It's a way for them to have something to look back to and continue creating.

Vorteile: I like the ease of use of Milanote. I use it to brief my design team on new projects. I like how visual it is and fits right to my target audience: fellow creatives. It is quick and easy to build up a full creative brief with the app (adding text or images, etc) and then in the same way, instantly shareable with a group or individual people. I like the idea of a scrapbook on a digital platform.

Nachteile: The service is quite powerful as is, maybe adding a way to make a presentation out of the board would help communicate things to intended audiences.

One of the most useful and flexible tools in my design/planning toolbox

Julia M.
Freelance Web Designer/Developer

Vorteile: The best thing about Milanote is the amazing team behind this software who listen to their users and actively develop features that users want.

Nachteile: I can't think of anything I strongly dislike about the software. There are very occasional bugs with the Chrome browser extension, but restarting Chrome usually fixes this.

Note-taking and tasks lists for the visual person

Bewertet am 1.12.2018
Jess J.
Copy Freelancer
Sport, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Lay out notes and boards visually and connect them to each other any way you like. You can add text or graphics. Plan out the month in calendar view. Create mindmaps.

Nachteile: Relatively easy to go through the 100 cards on the free plan, but you add extra cards when your friends sign up with your link. Worth considering the paid plans.

My digital whiteboard

Anthony R.
Product

Vorteile: Super lean, lightweight, fast and easy to use. Lets me collect my thoughts and organize from full chaos to structure in minutes.

Nachteile: The software is a bit buggy sometimes and has limited critical functionality and probably needs more templates for certain activities.

Organize your projects

Bewertet am 23.1.2019
Tee D.
Video Producer

Vorteile: What I love about Milanote is that is project managment software that helps me and my coworkers keep organizde in day to day projects

Nachteile: Overall I enjoy using Milanote however program seems to have glitches when utilizing via smartphone.