My customers love Filestage - so do I!

Bewertet am 17.5.2017
Daniel W.
Videoproducer and Consultant

Kommentare: You save time in your post-production process and offer clients a great tool. Saves their time and yours!

Vorteile: - Easy interface
- Easy feedback
- Documentation
- Great customer service
Easy interface, especially for customers. My clients can provide me with detailed feedback on the spot. They just click into the video and write a comment. They don't need to send timecodes, need to make lists, write an email. Revision became much more efficient.
Once my customer reviewed my videos, pdf's etc. I get a notification and have an easy to do list.
It's possible to brand the software and fit it into your company. You also have a clear documentation and approval from your customers, which can be handy when things get complicated at a later point. Filestage is easy reachable and help with everything.

Nachteile: Features for sorting projects: The interface improved a lot since I started, but there are small things, for which I use workarounds.
Projects in the overview can't be sorted in an easy. I think it's only date and alpha-numerical. I rename my projects therefore with 00.. 01.. etc.
But the team is listening and I hope the will add this feature soon!

von Filestage an 18.5.2017

Thanks for the review!

Filestage has been a great tool for removing roadblocks to get projects completed efficiently.

Bewertet am 8.6.2018
Hannah E.
Partner

Kommentare: Read my review!

Vorteile: We have a creative studio where we design and paint graphics, and Filestage has been a game-changer for getting projects from concept to the real world quickly, with very happy clients (and us). We usually start off with a draft document, send a link to the client, have the client comment directly on the draft with questions/feedback, and then we can respond and/or add a new draft, then repeat the whole process until everyone's happy. We like how easy it is to get a client to respond on Filestage, and that our clients aren't forced through a weird UI or made to sign up for the app themselves. We love not having to send giant PDFs through email or dropbox, and forcing document download after document download until you can't remember which version is the most recent or how many times you have the same document draft saved in your "downloads" folder. That said, you can still enable each Filestage doc to be downloadable, so if our clients do want to download files, we like that it's an option for them.

Nachteile: Clunky to use on mobile, an app would be great eventually, for even more on-the-go quick response ability. Price is a bit steep too, but you get a lot, so understandable.

von Filestage an 11.6.2018

Thanks a lot for your valuable feedback!

Best,
The Filestage Team

Very helpful and fun to use

Bewertet am 13.7.2019
Vanessa W.
National Management of Social Media
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our first tool to give reviews to our creators was our intranet email. This was very stressful and unorganized. With filestage we had the opportunity to improve this project from zero to 100 in a short time. Now its much more organized, you can communicate well with your employees and tell exactly what u want to change. Thats it!

Vorteile: The tools to mark in the content of our creators and that you can have many projects of your organization in one place. And there are different options: For departments, projects, internal projects,... its so helpful to have them all in one place

Nachteile: there is really nothing I can tell. It improved our processes very well and there's nothing that I can tell right now

Fast solution for satisfied customers

Bewertet am 5.3.2019
Lukas H.
cameramann, Cutter
Chemikalien, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Close cooperation with customers from all industry sectors.
Project support and execution from pre-production to cutting

Vorteile: fast integration of complex film projects.
fast and easy communication with the customer.
Shortening the correction time

Nachteile: There is no competitive product.
There is no negative review

von Filestage an 8.3.2019

Lukas, thanks a lot for your review! We really appreciate your feedback. If there's anything you need help with, just let us know.

Best, Max

Amazing tool!

Bewertet am 11.10.2017
Pauline L.
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Happy clients! Easy to use, and very intuitive :)

Vorteile: -Very easy to comment the document
-Very User friendly: we see bullets and the comment appears
-Amazing to be able to see different versions of one document
-One online link, one pop up to invite reviewers to see the document
-Easy to create projects and invite a team to share projects
-Possibility to upload pdf or images into the comments themselves (great!)
-The email is customized with our logo, which is a great idea for our image
-And, the best: my clients are happy to receive this link, and see the comments

Nachteile: -We could have different colors for bullets points
-All the team members should have access all the projects, without inviting them to see the projects?

Super tool for easy review & collaboration - my customers love it!

Bewertet am 15.8.2018
Martina K.
Text-, PR- & Web-Werkstatt
Übersetzung und Lokalisierung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I was looking for an easy way to make files available to my customers for review. I discovered Filestage and was impressed how easy and intuitive it was. My clients praised me because I was able to offer them a simple review option.

Vorteile: - intuitive usability
- easy online review & collaboration - directly in the web interface
- clients can comment the content easily without need to register
- easy upload of different versions
- complete documentation about reviews and versions
- very time-saving & transparent
- you do not need to send emails back and forth
- my customers love it as this tool simplifies our cooperation

Nachteile: No Cons :-) Only, I wish tere was the possibility to upload and review more file formats.

Decreased Review Time for Videos & Websites

Bewertet am 3.7.2018
Kason B.

Vorteile: I have a website and video production company. The review process is now a snap. I simply send the filestage link - instruct the client to leave all the feedback on there, then we will execute all their reviews for a flat "revision" cost - since endless revisions are the least profitable part of the job.

Nachteile: I had a bit of trouble with the annotation feature early on. It turns out the google adblock plugin breaks some of the code so I just disabled it on filestage.io

filestage is the best and easiest way to get a feedback from your customers

Bewertet am 9.1.2019
Vivien D.
photo-/videographer
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I'm a freelance videographer and sometimes it's very stressfull to get all information you need from your customer. Filestage is a very helpfull tool to get feedback, because the customer can comment exactly the frame that needs to be changed. You also can upload new versions on the same file, so it is very clear to use.

Vorteile: - easy upload
- clear layout
- great comment tool
- very friendly support
- you can update your files to a newer version without any struggle

Nachteile: I have nothing to critize. I'm very happy with this tool :)

Wonderful tool for the review process!

Bewertet am 23.3.2018
Interactive Director / Technical Director
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Fast and easy reviewing process

Vorteile: + Easy to set up
+ Intuititve
+ Clear and quick user interface
+ Secure, even useable for content that requires NDAs
+ You can easily see that this tool is made by people who exactly know what the problem is to which their product provides the solution

Nachteile: - Not very cheap considering freelancers
- Limited API at the moment (but I was told that there is more to come)

Filstage is easy to use

Bewertet am 3.7.2019
Moritz S.
Ressortleitung Kommunikation
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I liked the most, that our students marketing association could easily do the Corporate Design checks, which are necessary for us. The Design is very clear, which makes orientation in the application easy, too. Even without knowing similar software before, I knew after very few minutes, how to deal with it.

Nachteile: Sometimes I had the feeling, that some Comments on already uploaded Pictures weren't send as an email to the others, cause the notification on the right lower corner was missing sometimes.

We got hooked on filestage right with the first project. Using it for almost all correction rounds.

Bewertet am 18.7.2017
Paul H.
Consultant

Kommentare: Quick and clean corrections and voting rounds with the customers. Saving a lot of time, effort and nerve.

Vorteile: The simplicity of working with it - especially when giving the link of a file to a customer. There is no need for him to sign up, which makes it really easy to use.
Also, the usability and the user experience is great. Its actually fun to work with, even considering it is about something as tough as dealing with corrections of customers.
Everything is beeing kept clear and manageable.
We also love how we can handle nearly every kind of file.

Nachteile: It kinda reaches its limit when handling really big pdfs (more than 200 pages), since people are going to download the pdf and will make their comments there, instead of in filestage.

FileStage has significantly improved our creative collaboration and our clients love it!

Bewertet am 3.7.2017
Evan U.

Vorteile: Simple collaboration made easy Non-tech clients who love the experience Ability to branded the platform

Nachteile: Completely white label with a custom subdomain (design.asimpleclean.agency) and for emails to come from our email addresses

Review about Filestage

Bewertet am 4.7.2019
Thea G.
Student
Marketing & Werbung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We use it to get an approval from our national team to flyer and other design elements.

Vorteile: This software is really use to use and very practical to communicate with people who are geographical distanced from each other

Nachteile: There is no email when a data is "freigegeben"

I highly recommend to any Team handeling film projects over long-, or short distances.

Bewertet am 14.6.2018
David W.
Motion-Designer

Kommentare: a faster easier project work. we saved alot of time working on our project cause the feedback chain was quick to execute from anywhere.

Vorteile: Shared project work over any distance has never been so easy! Can't imagine any future projects without filestages assistance. Thanks! You can mark any spot in a frame and leave a comment. You may also draw scetches into frames to further illustrate corrections for your team mates.

Nachteile: didn't have any trouble yet. Filestage does exactly what it was made to do with excellence! Also has a friendly customer support.

It's... mediocre at best.

Bewertet am 14.11.2017
William L.
Post-Production Manager
Kino & Film, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: On the bright side, it does do what it claims to do. Most of the time. When there aren't bugs. And they are constantly improving the app, so there's that.

Nachteile: But... it's buggy. Often we receive complaints from clients about a video not loading, or not playing back, or not being able to scrub through the video. Or even being redirected to the Filestage homepage without any errors. There are better alternatives, but you have to pay more for them.

I'm using FileStage with a fellow student of mine, we both study film design and photography.

Bewertet am 21.6.2018
Patrick S.
photo student

Vorteile: - Easy Overview about our projects - no more mess within video production and photo projects
- No misunderstanding with reviews - precise definition of task within pictures and videos
- quick retrace of different versions

Nachteile: I hope there will be a calendar option to optimize your organization. Sometimes you like to schedule your projects.

Easy and Lean!

Bewertet am 30.5.2016
Jens S.
Designer / Student

Kommentare: My clients are really happy since I use Filestage to review my media files. They prefer Filestage because of the easy and intuitive design. The data security is another advantage over the competitors.

von Filestage an 2.6.2016

Thanks Jens! We are glad to hear that!

The Invision of video, and project files

Bewertet am 29.5.2018
Director Of Front End Development
501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great collaboration on project files

Vorteile: Easy to use and understand for collaboration purposes - if somebody needs to leave feedback on a specific file that requires updates, it's simple to do this.

Nachteile: Some processes are a little slow/laggy, but it's not enough to impact my recommendation or overall workflow.

Great Reviewing and collaboration tool

Bewertet am 26.1.2017
Ahmed B.

Kommentare: Very straight forward clean interface, Great customer Support that listens to their customers and their needs, great value too, I highly recommend it.

von Filestage an 18.5.2017

Superb Best review and collaboration product available!

Bewertet am 14.11.2016
Jaco V.
Film maker
Kino & Film, Selbstständig

Kommentare: The moment I signed up I knew I found something great! The interface is easy to understand and use. My recent clients were very impressed. Customer support is amazing! They're very quick to reply to emails and ready to help with anything! This product just boosted my way of communicating with clients to a whole new level. Totally worth your money!

Vorteile: The easy to use interface and quick response combined with great customer support.

Nachteile: Nothing everything is good

von Filestage an 14.11.2016

So happy that you find Filestage useful ;-) Thanks a lot for your great feedback!

Best wishes & happy reviewing,