Über Limelight

Limelight ist eine moderne und nutzerfreundliche Plattform für Finanzplanung und Berichterstattung, die schnell bereitgestellt und von Nutzern einfach verwaltet werden kann.

Erfahre mehr über Limelight

There isn't much that I don't like about the software.

Bewertungen zu Limelight

Limelight hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 22 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Limelight bereits verwendet?

Kyle K.
Kyle K.
Director of Applications in USA
Bau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Best reporting solution for your budget!

Kommentare: Limelight has been a tremendous partner that we are extremely grateful for. They listen, execute and advise on best practices to fulfill our reporting needs and goals.

I like how easy it is to use, create, administer and maintain all functions around the reporting. We find it a breath of fresh air with a dramatic leap forward from previous solutions and competitors. The people and service was truly the key as they tailored it to our liking. They are truly a partner that listened and executed well to fulfill our vision.

There are only minor enhancements that we would like for the software however, the limelight team listened well and already have those improvements in the roadmap in the very near future.

Jason M.
Director of Financial Planning and Analysis in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

A big upgrade

Kommentare: As our single largest expense item, workforce planning is critical. Limelight has helped us gain more accurate projection capabilities into our workforce, utilizing employee-specific data, linked with actual payroll data (from ADP) and the ability to see historical paid hours and project specific hours by employee into the future. Often our prior projections involved carrying forward current month actuals, maybe including new hires we knew about, but often inaccurate. Now we have projection employee counts, accurate paid time (even during holidays and breaks) for nearly 2,000 employees

The workforce planning tool has been the biggest improvement to our processes, providing insights and projection accuracy that we didn't have previously. We're able to get both employee counts and paid time historically as well as projected values through our projection period.

While the workforce planning module has been the most useful tool to us, it's also been the most challenging to set up and run. This was a new process for us, and we have 35+ end-users in limelight. Most of our challenges have been creating an environment with intentionally limited input options so users don't "break" the calcs. Limelight's support team has been very responsive, even after go-live implementation, in helping solve our data input and template challenges. One other item that has been a blessing and a challenge is the report books function. While this has been improving even in the first 6 months since implementation, the process for setting up a report book, identifying errors when the book fails, and outputs to excel are still a little challenging, and not as user friendly as much as the rest of the system. This is an area where I can see opportunities for big future improvements.

Noel B.
Dir Financial Planning & Analysis in USA
Telekommunikation, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Limelight 3 mths in

Kommentare: The support I am getting from the limelight team is the best I have ever experienced with a software company. I reach out to them, and they are immediately trying to help me out. Great group of people.

The software offers a lot of flexibility. I can present data in report format which is much more useful than the typical dashboard presentation views in other tools. The ability to use limelight for both data collection applications as well as distribution is great. The natural connectivity to Essbase means I don't have to invest much time in changing my existing reporting platforms to leverage limelight. I have had the tool now for 3 months and have successfully written over 30 reports that will serve 100+ users easily. My management team is excited about what we will be able to do with limelight to minimize data management overhead within the finance organization.

Graphing needs to be enhanced. Some small tweaks to report development would go along way. Looking forward to seeing version 3.

Julie P.
Assistant director of finance in Kanada
Verbraucherdienste, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Limelight review

Kommentare: I have to say that I was expecting the set up to be a little bit easier. I understand that every company has different needs so the design is done from scratch but I thought a budget is a budget same for all companies. Not being a computer geek, I have learned that all the relations between downloaded data, the input templates and the reports have a complex inter-relations that any little thing can set off wrong. Limelight staff were very quick to understand our environment and with every testing phase corrected any issues that came along. The development stage was very hands on and the limelight staff was always there to make any changes required when expected results were not coming through. They never give up until they figure out how to get what we want and have all the necessary knowledge within their organization be it accounting or programming and technical interface with various plateforms. They never hesitated in bringing help from other members of their team even if they were not specifically assigned to our project.

Being in the service industry, our most important expense is wages and it happens to be the most complex expense in our organization combining multiple collective agreements, progression rates, multiple benefits, and also incudes multiple funds , regions and departments. Limelight designed a combined integration of input from our accounting data base and manual overrides with recalculations that gives us the most accurate budget all the way down to the individual employee. What would normally take dozens of excel spreadsheets in all done through a few templates and flow trough to our financial statements under budget column

Limelight was able to provide us with all the necessary features so there is really nothing that I do not like in the software. It does take a bit of getting used to to navigate the steps but Limelight provided training and went so far as provide us with our own personal how to instructions .

Megan K.
Corporate FP&A Manager in USA
Immobilien, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Still at the starting line but excited for where this platform will take my team

Kommentare: If every sales team and integration team were like Limelight, the business world would be a better place. All too often in my career, the sales teams justified the reputation of the "Sales" guy, constantly over promising while the platform underdelivered. The disconnect between the sales team and the implementation team was, more often than not, a gap that could rarely be filled. From my first conversation with the reps to the continued working relationship I carry with the customer reps, I have every ounce of confidence that Limelight as a platform, and as a partner, was the right choice for our team!

Right from the start, the platform was visually familiar and seemingly uncomplicated. Its ability to communicate with our accounting software, virtually seamlessly, promised to increase our ROI on the time committed to completing variance reports and conducting variance analysis. Throughout the demos I couldn't help but think "this is too good to be true, nothing is this easy". I was convinced of its benefits from the end user perspective but was concerned about the potential complication of the back end or maintenance of the software. Much to my surprise, Limelight was true to their word, the back end and maintenance has been just as smooth as promised.

Given that I am still in the construction stage, I am not in the position to comment on this aspect as of yet. So far, I am extremely pleased with the entire process, as well as the amazing team that introduced us to Limelight along with their colleagues who have worked with us to build the platform to suit.

Brian H.
Plant Accountant in USA
Buchhaltung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Exceptional product

Kommentare: It's allowed us to supply the Business unit leaders with the proper financial reporting and give them insight to each and every account down to the penny. It's opened up a number of possibilities in regards to budgeting better and forecasting on the fly. Limelight has allowed us to hold better control of our expenditures. Love this product!

I love the ease of use and the availability of reports it's capable of producing. It's helped with our closes and FP&A reporting tremendously!

There isn't much if anything that I haven't liked with this software. It's super easy to use and allows instant reporting for financial presentations.

Kendra A.
Nurse in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Exceptional

It’s reliable, accurate, and fast. If there are any issues, it’s easily fixed.

I like it all. It all works exactly like it should.

Benny C.
Benny C.
Sr. Project Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

We gained faster reporting and analysis

Kommentare: Limelight is adding tremendous value to our organization. Users find it easier to adopt the system and we now have a centralized place for budgets, expenses, and reports. Information is so much more readily available to our senior management.

It has a better user interface than the native TM1 software.

We were hoping to have Single Sign On right out of the gate but owing to our specific environment in our company, it did not go smoothly during implementation and we needed to push it to the next phase.

Frank T.
Plant Accounting Supervisor in USA
Musik, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Limelight Review

This software has enabled our company to have instant P&L reporting , whereas in the past we had to make manual reports every time to needed to run financial data.

The only thing i don't like is that I cannot drill down to GL activity.

Bruce C.
VP Finance/Controller in USA
Gewerbeimmobilien, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Currently in implementation....

Kommentare: Experience to-date has been very good from the start of the engagement, through the sales process and contact signing. The Lime light sales team was very easy to work with and were not your typically "sign-a-deal today" type of crew which was refreshing. We have not yet pushed Limelight into a production environment, but are confident that the cloud-based planning and reporting solution will greatly improve efficiencies and controls with our annual planning and quarterly forecasting process.

The implementation process has been proceeding on schedule and our implementation consultant truly understands the FP&A function which has added great value to the process. While we're not yet complete with the implementation, the process has been very flexible allowing complete customization to our company specific requirements, including reporting We are looking forward to our user acceptance testing and go-live.

At this point in our process, I have not identified any cons and the application is on a path to function as advertised and provide the value and efficiencies we were seeking as we move away from an Excel based planning tool.

Kevin B.
FP&A Manager in USA
Musik, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Slice data any way you want to!

Limelight's ease of use to slice and dice financial information is second to none. Whenever there is a financial question, limelight is there to solve it. The continuous support of their staff has also been key to our analytical growth as an organization.

The only real con would be to standardize more of the expressions rather than having to know code (ie: previous or next member).

Madhu S.
Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis in Kanada

Lots of value add

Kommentare: Since the time we implemented Limelight, it has been so easy to close the month and easily figure out any miscoding, it's been an amazing experience so far. The budgeting and forecasting has never been so easy.
The support from the implementation team and the project managers has always been excellent.

The ease of slicing and dicing the data to get the answers you need, easy filtering.

Needs a sort and search field on payroll resource planning template.

Analyst FP&A in Kanada

Great solution and team

Easy to implement with support of Limelight project management team. Flexible product. All cloud so easy to deploy within the organization.

Nothing negative yet on Limelight implementation and use.

Jonathan B.
Jonathan B.
Founder in Frankreich
Musik, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Awesome CDN service!

Kommentare: We've been using Limelight for quite a while now as our main CDN system. The experience has been great so far !

Customer service is really good. The CDN functionality is awesome and helped speed up our website considerably.

I don't think there is anything we disliked about Limelight, even the pricing is reasonable, so nothing to complain about !

Luke W.
Luke W.
Corporate Controller in USA
Musik, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Limelight Financial Software

Kommentare: Our company struggled to pull financial information and our monthly reporting package was over 120 tabs in Excel just to make it work. Limelight solved all of those problems and we no longer have to prepare Excel financials, saving us time and money. It also has enabled us to perform analysis immediately and drill-down into the details. We couldn't be happier with the results of Limelight.

The best part of Limelight is the ease of use. It's very user friendly and easy to pick up. It does not require hundreds of hours of training like other software does. It does exactly what our company needs and the entire Finance department was able grasp the functionality within minutes.

We have no cons, it works exactly like we had hoped.

Ron O.
Sr Strategy Analyst in
Finanzdienstleistungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Pretty good product for what we use it for.

Kommentare: Limelight is good for basic applications. As the company matures, the software is becoming more versatile.

Simple software. It works well for simple applications.

Lacking some functions since it's a relatively new product, but the engineers are constantly working to improve.

Kris W.
Manager, Profitability Management in USA
Finanzdienstleistungen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Limelight review

Kommentare: Experience working with Limelight team and customer service is great. Quick to respond to issues or other questions.

The software is very easy to use and manage.

Inability to change column or row members once a template or report is created.

Arin A.
Corporate Controller in USA
Einzelhandel, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Limelight Report Writer

Ease of use is a big plus as well as ability to create your own reports.

No drill-down ability but that's not something the software ever claimed to do. In the future if Limelight can bolt on to ERP for real time drill-down ability, I would be interested in that product.

Scott V.
Accounting Manager in USA
Hausmeisterservice, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Limelight Software

Kommentare: Overall my experience with the system is very positive. It eliminated most of our Excel workbooks that we had been using for budgeting and centralized all our data. Currently working on making some minor tweaks to make things easier on the end user, and the support received from Limelight has been great.

The software is very easy to use. It functions similarly to Excel which made it a great choice for my company since we were on a very tight implementation deadline. The support is also great. Any issue that we had while implementing was addressed immediately and typically only took a day or two to resolve.

The software does have its limitations. Our company structure is very complex which made it challenging at times to integrate certain aspects of our budget into Limelight.

Jonathan V.
Vice President-Finance in USA
Bau, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Maxim Crane

Kommentare: Honestly, the turnover within the project team has been somewhat frustrating. I have had multiple project managers, and now several account reps. Not having consistency has been a challenge.

The functionality is very strong, and like the excel based platform that makes it very easy to navigate through.

There isn't much that I don't like about the software.

Drew K.
Drew K.
Chief Financial Officer in Kanada
Automotive, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Best in Market

Kommentare: Limelight allows considerable flexibility to drill-down within reports to see what was driving a specific reported result or variance.

We reviewed several sw solutions that were much more expensive and Limelight was the most flexible and simple to use. The team at Limelight really "gets it" -- they should open a recruiting service!

Some basic items had to be requested -- such as printing on 11x17 paper -- but Limelight is nimble and addresses any concerns.

Sam O.
Mechanical Engineer in USA
Forschung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Solid for planning

Limelight gives a solid base for planning and productivity.

Very focused, haven’t been able to expand it to other projects