McCormick Electrical Estimating Erfahrungen

Über McCormick Electrical Estimating

Seit 1979 ist McCormicks Electrical Estimating and Design Estimating Pro (Digital Takeoff) die perfekte Lösung für Bauunternehmen jeder Größe.

Erfahre mehr über McCormick Electrical Estimating

Produktbewertung

Produktbewertung

Erhältlich in diesen Ländern

Erhältlich in diesen Ländern

Nutzung

Haben Sie McCormick Electrical Estimating bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Bill A.
Plumbing Estimator in
Bau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

McCormick Estimating

Kommentare: I have been using an estimating program to help with my Plumbing Estimation since 1990. I had previously used (2) other types of programs before I decided to try the McCormick 4000 Platinum system. I began working for this Plumbing Company in March of this year, and this Company was not using any type of estimating program. Our first order of business was to begin a search for what appears to us to be the best system on the market. We bought the McCormick System in April and I have been using it since the day we received it. Since I have been using estimating take-off systems for around 25 years, the transition to this system was extremely easy and I have not missed a beat. In the 6 + months that I have been using this system I have learned some of the tricks to navigating the system which is very easy.

Ease of learning how to use this product. They have a very good video tutorials that explain the steps and procedures for how to use this system. Granted, I personally am very familiar with estimating programs, so this transition from the program that I had most recently been using was very easy. I do believe that even if I had not been familiar with estimating programs that the video tutorial, which is very easy to follow, would walk me through how to get set up. McCormick also has a very reliable support system if you have any troubles.

I have used (3) different systems over the last 25-years and the only issue I have is that there are types of materials that we may may be using occasionally that are not in the system. These are mainly related to some of the systems we get into for the pipefitting side. This applies to all of the systems I have used. I also wish that these systems had more of the site utility materials in their programming. In comparing McCormick to the other systems that I have used, their library of materials is definitely the most complete and the have a fantastic assembly library.

Jas N.
Project Manager in

McCormick Vs. Accubid

Kommentare: After recently aquiring this software for our Company, I couldn't feel more confident with our decision. As with most people, our choice came down to either Accubid or McCormick. Both are great programs but we decided to go with McCormick because it is cheaper and does essentially everything Accubid does. Further we were told that McCormick support is exceptional and so far that has held true. They are extremely fast at helping us, (almost instant) and we have had zero issues that they haven't been able to solve for us in minutes. Since the setup and learning curve of McCormick and Accubid are initially pretty large, we believe that the help and support we are getting from McCormick at no extra cost is exceptional. They truly care about our needs and help us achieve a smooth transition. PS. We are located in Canada and we have no issues with the McCormick system and their database.

-Exceptional Customer Service -Only need one program to run everything. Whereas you need 3 separate licences and programs with Accubid to get the complete experience. -Cheaper by quite a bit than Accubid if you consider the additional programs you must purchase. (McCormick has built in change order management) -Easy 5 step Bid process with easy to use On screen take off built in. -Free upgrades for the first year and significant discounts thereafter.

-Operates on a 32-bit system which is outdated so may have difficulty installing on 64 bit system if you are not tech savvy. Easily solved with McCormick support though. -Database is not as extensive as Accubid, but we have to modify assemblies anyway to suit our needs so this wasn't a big concern. -Lack of refine feature in Auto-count which Accubid has. (This allows for refined search to weed out unwanted fixtures faster.) Therefore Accubid autocount is better than McCormick but if you play around with match % and set it closer to 80% we get no issues.

Robert S.
President in

Very large and versitile

Kommentare: If we didn't have so much already invested, I'd try a different system. My estimators don't want to go through the learning process to change.

Large program, not difficult to learn. Having our business in Phoenix and them being in the Phoenix area cuts the cost of training down.

Setting up initially takes a bit of time. Every time they come out with an updated version it has had lots of bugs and problems. The advised us that we would save a lot of time on estimating going with "On Screen Take-off" and it was the opposite. It cost us a lot of time and was a TOTAL WASTE OF OUR TIME AND MONEY! They didn't care when I called and talked to them about it.

Richard G.
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, Selbstständig

Owner/User for 38 years

Kommentare: I purchased the DOS Program in 83 License No [SENSITIVE CONTENT] had just bought back the program from En-Data. I re-wrote the database 84-86, expanded the database in the Windows program, I continue to expand and re-fine the program while continuing to use all the DOS commands that the program contains, the DOS program was all keyboard commands and input, no mouse so takeoff is very fast, that background plus windows makes this program 2nd to none. As a freelance estimator my estimate needs to tell a story with little interaction with the client and it delivers every time. I have used the program for jobs as small as a bathroom renovation to a 42 mil data farm with equal ease. I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a program that is fast, accurate, and powerful .

Flexibility, able to create and takeoff assemblies on the fly, ability to count fixtures, devices, etc from the keyboard, create extension reports as needed, multiple bid summaries, unlimited workspace buttons, transfer takeoff directly to MS Project for scheduling, easy pricing updates, ability to extend to MS Excel

None that I can find maybe tech support might be a little expensive

Sabrina W.

So far, so great!

While I am still learning my way around the software, my best impression lies with the service of this company. Before I even purchased the product, I was given an unexpected amount of time and attention to have all my questions answered. Currently, if I am having trouble navigating the system, I have found the tech support to be extremely and appropriately responsive. Even the representative who closed the sale on my system remains in contact and available if needed. That is unheard of in my customer service experience and greatly appreciated.

I have had to perform frequent updates with the system either as technology has changed on my end or theirs. While this is mildly inconvenient, I do feel like I have a product that is always up to date. These updates or issues have always been dealt with promptly and with little effort on my part so it is really not a complaint but an observation.

David D.
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Probably the best all round software in the industry.

Kommentare: The company is family owned, so you get quick, personal responses to any problems you might encounter. They have been in business since the late 1970's, so they are not strangers to the business. It's not like dealing with some huge, corporate, full of red tape company where the employees don't even know each other. Dealing with support or whatever department has always been a good experience.

Software learning curve is the easiest of the three major brands I have used. Takeoff speed is by far the fastest, which equates to being able to bid more work with fewer people. That is a huge money saver. Tech support is outstanding. This software is the best I have seen at running seamlessly on large networks, as well as stand alone computers. Plus, they offer less expensive programs to start out with, and then you can upgrade as you go.

Can't think of anything other than the cost (I'm cheap), but their cost is in line with the rest of the industry.

Kevin E.
Electrical Estimator in USA
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Electrical Estimating "Partner in Crime"

I figuratively "partner in crime" due to the nature of being able to land to jobs and dominate my area. Using McCormick has made life so easy in figuring jobs from start to finish. From creating labels, assemblies, and pushing it out in extensions and summaries, I couldn't be more happy with where this program has taken our company. I would highly recommend if you are looking for an easy on screen estimating program McCormick with the DEP screen is unbelievably easy to navigate and work through.

The only thing I have had trouble with is an occasional crash, but it isn't detrimental as all work done prior to the crash is never lost. So not much of a complaint just and inconvience.

Paula H.
CFO in USA
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Good Estimating Software

Kommentare: We solved the exportation of the bid into the accounting and project software with the McCormick Estimating Software.

When we began using McCormick it would interface with Spectrum Construction Software. This was the tip of the scale for us.

In more recent years it seems to be difficult to get it to interface with Spectrum Construction Software. There have been many improvements in Spectrum and McCormick also. We still use both of these, but have since purchased a go between software for the two.

Randy L.
PRESIDENT in USA
Bau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Randy Lee with Lee's Electric Company. 48 year old company. Conest vs McCormick

Kommentare: If McCormick would listen to some of my ideas they would be the number 1 software. Their support is great. The yearly Cost is great. It's just some small cons. Conest support has good people. My executive is one of the best. It's just to expensive. When you pay for an upgrade and there is none it pisses me off. EBM IS THE FAST OF ALL BUT ONLY GOOD FOR SMALL JOBS.

McCormick is a very speed driven software. Fast take offs. I purchased it long ago but only use it 10 percent of the time. I have been waiting for some upgrades, which will make it complete. Conest has tons of assemblies for every task. But takeoffs are slow and requires total attention of you could make an expensive mistake.

I don't like the Messaging system. I don't like the things that slow the process down. What good is a fast take off if it slows you don't when trying to get the bids out. Conest software is slow if you use the Sure Count.

Mitch B.
Estimator in USA
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Making My Estimating Efficient

Kommentare: Excellent I wouldn't want any other software. From the sales department to tech support this company and the software are on point.

It makes my time worth having it. I can efficiently work in the field and come home and estimate projects. It saves me so much time and wins projects with reasonable margins over the competition. It gives us the edge to compete with any company in our field. Its not just small projects all sizes and shapes and it has allowed us to expand and hire more people.

The only complain I would have is not being compatible with windows updates in the early stages of owning it. The company was great though and recognized this and the tech support group is second to none.

Dan L.
Lead Estimator in USA

Great Electrical Estimating Software

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: What we have found by using McCormick...
1. Our ability to be more aggressive with our electrical bids.
2. Being able to provide working drawings for design build projects to the field associates and /or Architects.
3. Project managing from start to finish

What I like the most is, the fact that you can build the project that you are estimating in McCormick, (all devices, boxes, wires, connectors, wire nuts, screws, and etc.), then be able to plot the assemblies on the drawings & do the circuiting on the drawings, and then extend an provide a proposal for the project. The other feature that I like is if we are awarded the project you are able to create working field drawings from the DEP (Design Estimating Pro) and get a material list from the extension.

nothing really comes to mind, McCormick is easy to use and understand.

Darin Z.
Estimator in USA

Productive

Kommentare: McCormick has allowed us to bid more projects since it takes less time to take off a project with DEP.

Since we have started using DEP to take off projects it has cut the time down on how long we take off a bid. This also allows us to hand the project off to our Project managers so they can see how bid was taken off. My Salesman and the entire support team.

I don't have to many issues with McCormick. The only issue would be the search feature. Adding notes to the drawings and not being able to point to what the note represents.

Kevin Z.
Project Manger in

McCormick Estimating Software 1000 w/ OSE

Kommentare: I can not say enough about the support that is given. I had a issue with the license key when I first got it. One quick call to tech support they had me up and running in minutes. Then after that I talked with my regional sales manager, he could not have been more friendly or helpful. That has not been intrusive either He has checked in a couple of times to make sure everything was going well. Live on screen demo and training was helpful. He did such a good job with that I haven't had that many questions. On one occasion I called to ask a question on something I couldn't figure and asked for "my" guy, he had gone home for the day so I left a voicemail. It wasn't 10-15 minutes later and he was calling me back, after his work hours, now that customer service. The software is well written, easy to use and intuitive. Changes to accommodate your business is easy to do as well. The fact that the On screen estimating is part of the estimating software, if purchased, is great. It's nice to watch counts go directly to the estimating software, rather than importing it. This has been perfect for our small 5-10 man electrical company.

The support can't be beat and ease of use. The ability to accept auto updates from trade service, national pricing service and others to keep pricing up to date.

The license key, on a thumb drive, did not work when it was shipped . Other than that I haven't ant issues or complaints

Scott C.
VP in USA
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Makes bidding easier and faster

I think the software is easy to use and makes bidding a lot easier and faster saving time in the office bidding projects which allows more time for other tasks.

Very difficult to print out a detailed price for change orders. I can't delete items on a take off tab and need to enter them aa a negative. Whish there was a free site that linked up for keeping item costs.

Troy C.
Project Manager in USA

Great Software...Great Support

I have used this product in the past at previous employers. In starting a new company, I did extensive research to find my best option for Electrical Estimating Software. The team at McCormick helped me through the process and gave me in depth access to the innovative products I had not been experienced with in the past. I took the next step in becoming more efficient with the On Screen Estimating upgrade, and can't see how I managed without it for so many years. Thanks McCormick!

There is a cost to quality estimating software, but if you want to get to the next level it is critical.

Bryce B.
Office Mananger in
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, and very fast to learn the software!

Kommentare: Excited to see what the future holds for my company now and the updates of McCormick's system! Now we have time to concentrate on other aspects of the business. Keep up the good work !!!

Everything about McCormick's system is very user friendly and I don't have any complaints! Dylan Fisher has been very helpful and patient as I learn the software. Was very nervous, worried If I could learn and use this without major training but after acouple training sessions it started to come together very fast!

Give me alittle more time. Right now I'm new to the system and haven't found anything that your McCormick's guys can't handle or make right.

Kevin M.
Chief Estimator in USA
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

McCormick estimating software has been a great addition to our company!

Kommentare: Customer support & tech support is great! I would highly recommend taking their training courses to help maximize the potential of the software.

We love the DEP on screen estimating. The ability to do a takeoff directly from the plans and have info entered into the audit trail has been a useful time saving feature.

When we initially installed the software, we had some software errors that required calls to technical support. These are happening much less frequently now.

Claudio F.
Estimator in

McCormick or Accubid?

Kommentare: We went through a detailed review of both McCormick's Win 6000 and Accubid's product. After thorough analysis, we picked McCormick's software. We found that McCormick simply has a greater value. Both products can do the same thing, however with Accubid the additional (yearly, and upgrade fees) add up quite substantially.

1. Customer Service: Any technical problems/questions are resolved very promptly. 2. All-in One: With McCormick you can easily produce change orders within a project folder. With Accubid, you need to purchase a program just to do change orders and they aren't upfront about it.

1. A few glitches 2. 32 Bit System - You may get get some glitches on initial set-up (however tech support, resolved them instantly).

Greg D.
Project Manager / Estimator in USA
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Quality product year after year

Product is seamless. The DEP feature is a hidden gem!! They stick with you to get problems solved and training is second to none.

Cost might be too high for the smallest contractors. Although there are limited packages available at lower rates.

Chris L.
IT Administrator in USA
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Estimating Program

Kommentare: very satisfied with the company as a whole. wouldn't consider changing estimating products anytime soon.

We use McCormick for all our bids and the support is the best in the business.

way to many new releases. constantly having to update the product.

Brandon W.
Vice President in USA
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung

McCormick has led to best year yet

McCormick Estimating Software is very user friendly. Once I received the product we were pretty much off and running and if we did have a question McCormick's tech support walked me through my issue step by step. With the addition of OSE Pro take off is a breeze. Since integrating this software into our everyday operations we have been landing job after job.

If I could change one thing about the software it would be a minor one, it would be better descriptions of the items and assemblies. Sometimes it is hard to figure out what part is closest to the one you would use in the field based on the description.

Kassie H.
Manager/Estimator in USA

Electrical Estimating - Huge Time Saver

Kommentare: We switched from a bidding software that was outdated despite the quarterly and annual "updates" the company claimed/pushed. We found McCormicks and worked very closely with the reps(great guy, full of knowledge), and quickly realized just how inconvenient our current bidding software was! With multiple take off windows, direct take offs and auto counts from drawings, bidding is now a breeze. We really like the ability to customize everything, and using commercial and residential templates have allowed us to complete bids in a half the time (maybe even less) than our previous software allowed!

Everything is customizable . Easy template builds. Take offs directly from drawing. Auto count that seems to be more accurate than any other software I've tried.

Learning how to accurately search for things in the library can be frustrating at first, but once you use the software a few times, and build a base knowledge for the way their database is set up, it becomes much easier.

Max P.
Estimator/Electrician in

McCormick Software

Kommentare: The software is intuitive to a large degree. There are many common electrical assemblies to choose from and modify, and modifying those assemblies is very easy. I am running the win 3000 which has some functionality hold backs from the more expensive win 6000. There are workarounds for all of the things you don't get for the most expensive version of the software. Overall I like it a lot.

Customer service is unmatched. If you have a question, you can and get an answer. You talk to REAL people. There are no hold times I have experienced and you can bother them as much as you want!

All electrical estimating software limits functionality if you don't buy the most expensive version. Kinda like buying a bike with no handle grips. You can ride it but it just isn't as comfy.

Nathan S.
Estimating & Business Development in USA
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Robust But a Pain

Kommentare: Electrical estimating and takeoff prior to bids. The experience is poor. I have a faster easier time doing it manually. NOT worth the investment or a small contractor.

Many other vendors support their formats.

For a smaller scale contractor this software is too cumbersome and takes a ton of time to input basic info prior to being able to review takeoffs and counts. I can manually do a count faster. I caution against this software. There is a ONE YEAR (company claim) to become proficient with their product. I balance estimating with other roles. I don't have time to play with all their bells and whistles.

Noel W.
Owner in

Great product

The pros are the McCormick team willing to take the time out of there day to help you get through the bumpy spots. The integrated plan take off screen is a great way to get accurate counts and length's.

The tutorial is like a foreign language but the McCormick support team takes they're time to help you out.