Electrical Estimating Software Bewertungen

von McCormick Systems

Über Electrical Estimating Software

Seit 1979 ist McCormicks Electrical Estimating and Design Estimating Pro (Digital Takeoff) die perfekte Lösung für Bauunternehmen jeder Größe.

Erfahre mehr über Electrical Estimating Software

Bill A.
Plumbing Estimator
  • Bewertet am 18.10.2016

"McCormick Estimating "

Kommentare: I have been using an estimating program to help with my Plumbing Estimation since 1990. I had previously used (2) other types of programs before I decided to try the McCormick 4000 Platinum system. I began working for this Plumbing Company in March of this year, and this Company was not using any type of estimating program. Our first order of business was to begin a search for what appears to us to be the best system on the market. We bought the McCormick System in April and I have been using it since the day we received it. Since I have been using estimating take-off systems for around 25 years, the transition to this system was extremely easy and I have not missed a beat. In the 6 + months that I have been using this system I have learned some of the tricks to navigating the system which is very easy.

Vorteile: Ease of learning how to use this product. They have a very good video tutorials that explain the steps and procedures for how to use this system. Granted, I personally am very familiar with estimating programs, so this transition from the program that I had most recently been using was very easy. I do believe that even if I had not been familiar with estimating programs that the video tutorial, which is very easy to follow, would walk me through how to get set up. McCormick also has a very reliable support system if you have any troubles.

Nachteile: I have used (3) different systems over the last 25-years and the only issue I have is that there are types of materials that we may may be using occasionally that are not in the system. These are mainly related to some of the systems we get into for the pipefitting side. This applies to all of the systems I have used. I also wish that these systems had more of the site utility materials in their programming. In comparing McCormick to the other systems that I have used, their library of materials is definitely the most complete and the have a fantastic assembly library.

• Bewertet am 18.10.2016
Jas N.
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.10.2016

"McCormick Vs. Accubid"

Kommentare: After recently aquiring this software for our Company, I couldn't feel more confident with our decision. As with most people, our choice came down to either Accubid or McCormick. Both are great programs but we decided to go with McCormick because it is cheaper and does essentially everything Accubid does. Further we were told that McCormick support is exceptional and so far that has held true. They are extremely fast at helping us, (almost instant) and we have had zero issues that they haven't been able to solve for us in minutes. Since the setup and learning curve of McCormick and Accubid are initially pretty large, we believe that the help and support we are getting from McCormick at no extra cost is exceptional. They truly care about our needs and help us achieve a smooth transition. PS. We are located in Canada and we have no issues with the McCormick system and their database.

Vorteile: -Exceptional Customer Service
-Only need one program to run everything. Whereas you need 3 separate licences and programs with Accubid to get the complete experience.
-Cheaper by quite a bit than Accubid if you consider the additional programs you must purchase. (McCormick has built in change order management)
-Easy 5 step Bid process with easy to use On screen take off built in.
-Free upgrades for the first year and significant discounts thereafter.

Nachteile: -Operates on a 32-bit system which is outdated so may have difficulty installing on 64 bit system if you are not tech savvy. Easily solved with McCormick support though.
-Database is not as extensive as Accubid, but we have to modify assemblies anyway to suit our needs so this wasn't a big concern.
-Lack of refine feature in Auto-count which Accubid has. (This allows for refined search to weed out unwanted fixtures faster.) Therefore Accubid autocount is better than McCormick but if you play around with match % and set it closer to 80% we get no issues.

• Bewertet am 6.10.2016
Robert S.
  • Bewertet am 24.4.2017

"Very large and versitile"

Kommentare: If we didn't have so much already invested, I'd try a different system. My estimators don't want to go through the learning process to change.

Vorteile: Large program, not difficult to learn. Having our business in Phoenix and them being in the Phoenix area cuts the cost of training down.

Nachteile: Setting up initially takes a bit of time.
Every time they come out with an updated version it has had lots of bugs and problems.
The advised us that we would save a lot of time on estimating going with "On Screen Take-off" and it was the opposite. It cost us a lot of time and was a TOTAL WASTE OF OUR TIME AND MONEY! They didn't care when I called and talked to them about it.

• Bewertet am 24.4.2017
Sabrina W.
  • Bewertet am 12.1.2016

"So far, so great!"

Vorteile: While I am still learning my way around the software, my best impression lies with the service of this company. Before I even purchased the product, I was given an unexpected amount of time and attention to have all my questions answered. Currently, if I am having trouble navigating the system, I have found the tech support to be extremely and appropriately responsive. Even the representative who closed the sale on my system remains in contact and available if needed. That is unheard of in my customer service experience and greatly appreciated.

Nachteile: I have had to perform frequent updates with the system either as technology has changed on my end or theirs. While this is mildly inconvenient, I do feel like I have a product that is always up to date. These updates or issues have always been dealt with promptly and with little effort on my part so it is really not a complaint but an observation.

• Bewertet am 12.1.2016
David D.
  • Bewertet am 19.1.2018

"Probably the best all round software in the industry."

Kommentare: The company is family owned, so you get quick, personal responses to any problems you might encounter. They have been in business since the late 1970's, so they are not strangers to the business. It's not like dealing with some huge, corporate, full of red tape company where the employees don't even know each other. Dealing with support or whatever department has always been a good experience.

Vorteile: Software learning curve is the easiest of the three major brands I have used. Takeoff speed is by far the fastest, which equates to being able to bid more work with fewer people. That is a huge money saver. Tech support is outstanding. This software is the best I have seen at running seamlessly on large networks, as well as stand alone computers. Plus, they offer less expensive programs to start out with, and then you can upgrade as you go.

Nachteile: Can't think of anything other than the cost (I'm cheap), but their cost is in line with the rest of the industry.

• Bewertet am 19.1.2018
Matt B.
Director of Marketing
Bau
  • Bewertet am 15.10.2015

"Great software that fits are needs now & will allow for future growth"

Vorteile: The following are the top reasons we selected McCormick Systems software as our in-house takeoff software:
1) Customer service, specifically our Account Rep Dylan
2) Easy of use
3) Capabilities of the software
4) Price/Value of the software
We choose McCormick Systems because their platform is exactly what we needed, it is incredibly user friendly, their customer service and support is fantastic, and the price/value was unmatched. The software allows us to save time and money on our takeoffs immediately; not to mention there is room to grow within the platform at no extra cost to us. Working with everyone at McCormick Systems (from our Account Rep, to the IT Dept, to the VP Sales) has been a true pleasure. A lot of companies say the customer comes first ... but don't always follow through on that promise - McCormick Systems takes that promise to heart!

Nachteile: The installation process and getting the software up and running was difficult. Upon installing the physical software key it created a very large usage drain on our in-house server, resulting in a frustrating lag on all employee terminals and all programs including McCormick Systems software. The good news was that McCormick Systems was great at figuring out a solution, as well as extending our trial period so that we could adequately test out the software prior to purchasing it.

• Bewertet am 15.10.2015
Darin Z.
Estimator
  • Bewertet am 22.8.2018

"Productive"

Kommentare: McCormick has allowed us to bid more projects since it takes less time to take off a project with DEP.

Vorteile: Since we have started using DEP to take off projects it has cut the time down on how long we take off a bid.
This also allows us to hand the project off to our Project managers so they can see how bid was taken off.
My Salesman and the entire support team.

Nachteile: I don't have to many issues with McCormick.
The only issue would be the search feature.
Adding notes to the drawings and not being able to point to what the note represents.

• Bewertet am 22.8.2018
Kevin Z.
Project Manger
  • Bewertet am 12.6.2017

"McCormick Estimating Software 1000 w/ OSE "

Kommentare: I can not say enough about the support that is given. I had a issue with the license key when I first got it. One quick call to tech support they had me up and running in minutes. Then after that I talked with my regional sales manager, he could not have been more friendly or helpful. That has not been intrusive either He has checked in a couple of times to make sure everything was going well. Live on screen demo and training was helpful. He did such a good job with that I haven't had that many questions. On one occasion I called to ask a question on something I couldn't figure and asked for "my" guy, he had gone home for the day so I left a voicemail. It wasn't 10-15 minutes later and he was calling me back, after his work hours, now that customer service. The software is well written, easy to use and intuitive. Changes to accommodate your business is easy to do as well. The fact that the On screen estimating is part of the estimating software, if purchased, is great. It's nice to watch counts go directly to the estimating software, rather than importing it. This has been perfect for our small 5-10 man electrical company.

Vorteile: The support can't be beat and ease of use. The ability to accept auto updates from trade service, national pricing service and others to keep pricing up to date.

Nachteile: The license key, on a thumb drive, did not work when it was shipped . Other than that I haven't ant issues or complaints

• Bewertet am 12.6.2017
Paula H.
CFO
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 1.3.2019

"Good Estimating Software"

Kommentare: We solved the exportation of the bid into the accounting and project software with the McCormick Estimating Software.

Vorteile: When we began using McCormick it would interface with Spectrum Construction Software. This was the tip of the scale for us.

Nachteile: In more recent years it seems to be difficult to get it to interface with Spectrum Construction Software. There have been many improvements in Spectrum and McCormick also. We still use both of these, but have since purchased a go between software for the two.

• Bewertet am 1.3.2019
Randy L.
PRESIDENT
  • Bewertet am 23.7.2019

"Randy Lee with Lee's Electric Company. 48 year old company. Conest vs McCormick"

Kommentare: If McCormick would listen to some of my ideas they would be the number 1 software. Their support is great. The yearly Cost is great. It's just some small cons. Conest support has good people. My executive is one of the best. It's just to expensive. When you pay for an upgrade and there is none it pisses me off. EBM IS THE FAST OF ALL BUT ONLY GOOD FOR SMALL JOBS.

Vorteile: McCormick is a very speed driven software. Fast take offs. I purchased it long ago but only use it 10 percent of the time. I have been waiting for some upgrades, which will make it complete. Conest has tons of assemblies for every task. But takeoffs are slow and requires total attention of you could make an expensive mistake.

Nachteile: I don't like the Messaging system. I don't like the things that slow the process down. What good is a fast take off if it slows you don't when trying to get the bids out. Conest software is slow if you use the Sure Count.

• Bewertet am 23.7.2019
Russell V.
Design, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 23.8.2018

"Awesome/ Flexible"

Kommentare: The support is pat excellent, key that demo and sales rep are knowledgeable imdustry professionals who understand the “real world”. So they are great to work with!

Vorteile: Well laid out, 5 steps not a lot of redundant tasks and highly confogurable. I am able to group assemblies and redundant tasks, duplicate a common package and save different versions. The plan counting is super clean and easy to use. Saves tons of time.

Nachteile: Invest in this software wisely. Don’t over spend on seats if you are new to estimating. No cons, but be advised that you should look into a cloud system for deployment over thin client or Mac. Otherwise great software!

• Bewertet am 23.8.2018
Scott C.
VP
  • Bewertet am 25.9.2018

"Makes bidding easier and faster"

Vorteile: I think the software is easy to use and makes bidding a lot easier and faster saving time in the office bidding projects which allows more time for other tasks.

Nachteile: Very difficult to print out a detailed price for change orders. I can't delete items on a take off tab and need to enter them aa a negative. Whish there was a free site that linked up for keeping item costs.

• Bewertet am 25.9.2018
James B.
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.12.2018

"WIN 3000"

Kommentare: The McCormick System was fairly easy to adapt to and begin estimations right out of the box. Their support was responsive and helpful. Trade based tutorials were not specific enough. There was no training manual available, only online tutorials and help videos. I have been awarded several contracts since the implementation of the McCormick System and applaud their efforts to continue to improve the software.

Vorteile: The software was very beneficial to my estimations.Support was always there. With the proper equipment in place, an estimator can perform a digital takeoff from the online drawings and create a proposal for the project

Nachteile: No manual available. Price intergration with Traser X is not accurate. Some items in database are irrelevant .

• Bewertet am 7.12.2018
Troy C.
  • Bewertet am 25.7.2015

"Great Software...Great Support"

Vorteile: I have used this product in the past at previous employers. In starting a new company, I did extensive research to find my best option for Electrical Estimating Software. The team at McCormick helped me through the process and gave me in depth access to the innovative products I had not been experienced with in the past. I took the next step in becoming more efficient with the On Screen Estimating upgrade, and can't see how I managed without it for so many years. Thanks McCormick!

Nachteile: There is a cost to quality estimating software, but if you want to get to the next level it is critical.

• Bewertet am 25.7.2015
Bryce B.
Office Mananger
  • Bewertet am 7.7.2017

"Easy to use, and very fast to learn the software!"

Kommentare: Excited to see what the future holds for my company now and the updates of McCormick's system! Now we have time to concentrate on other aspects of the business. Keep up the good work !!!

Vorteile: Everything about McCormick's system is very user friendly and I don't have any complaints! Dylan Fisher has been very helpful and patient as I learn the software. Was very nervous, worried If I could learn and use this without major training but after acouple training sessions it started to come together very fast!

Nachteile: Give me alittle more time. Right now I'm new to the system and haven't found anything that your McCormick's guys can't handle or make right.

• Bewertet am 7.7.2017
Kevin M.
Chief Estimator
  • Bewertet am 28.3.2018

"McCormick estimating software has been a great addition to our company!"

Kommentare: Customer support & tech support is great! I would highly recommend taking their training courses to help maximize the potential of the software.

Vorteile: We love the DEP on screen estimating. The ability to do a takeoff directly from the plans and have info entered into the audit trail has been a useful time saving feature.

Nachteile: When we initially installed the software, we had some software errors that required calls to technical support. These are happening much less frequently now.

• Bewertet am 28.3.2018
Claudio F.
Estimator
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.10.2016

"McCormick or Accubid? "

Kommentare: We went through a detailed review of both McCormick's Win 6000 and Accubid's product. After thorough analysis, we picked McCormick's software. We found that McCormick simply has a greater value. Both products can do the same thing, however with Accubid the additional (yearly, and upgrade fees) add up quite substantially.

Vorteile: 1. Customer Service: Any technical problems/questions are resolved very promptly. 2. All-in One: With McCormick you can easily produce change orders within a project folder. With Accubid, you need to purchase a program just to do change orders and they aren't upfront about it.

Nachteile: 1. A few glitches 2. 32 Bit System - You may get get some glitches on initial set-up (however tech support, resolved them instantly).

• Bewertet am 11.10.2016
Greg D.
Project Manager / Estimator
  • Bewertet am 12.7.2018

"Quality product year after year"

Vorteile: Product is seamless. The DEP feature is a hidden gem!! They stick with you to get problems solved and training is second to none.

Nachteile: Cost might be too high for the smallest contractors. Although there are limited packages available at lower rates.

• Bewertet am 12.7.2018
Chris L.
IT Administrator
Bau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 6.9.2018

"Estimating Program"

Kommentare: very satisfied with the company as a whole. wouldn't consider changing estimating products anytime soon.

Vorteile: We use McCormick for all our bids and the support is the best in the business.

Nachteile: way to many new releases. constantly having to update the product.

• Bewertet am 6.9.2018
Brandon W.
Vice President
  • Bewertet am 3.11.2015

"McCormick has led to best year yet"

Vorteile: McCormick Estimating Software is very user friendly. Once I received the product we were pretty much off and running and if we did have a question McCormick's tech support walked me through my issue step by step. With the addition of OSE Pro take off is a breeze. Since integrating this software into our everyday operations we have been landing job after job.

Nachteile: If I could change one thing about the software it would be a minor one, it would be better descriptions of the items and assemblies. Sometimes it is hard to figure out what part is closest to the one you would use in the field based on the description.

• Bewertet am 3.11.2015
Kassie H.
Manager/Estimator
  • Bewertet am 6.3.2019

"Electrical Estimating - Huge Time Saver"

Kommentare: We switched from a bidding software that was outdated despite the quarterly and annual "updates" the company claimed/pushed. We found McCormicks and worked very closely with the reps(great guy, full of knowledge), and quickly realized just how inconvenient our current bidding software was! With multiple take off windows, direct take offs and auto counts from drawings, bidding is now a breeze. We really like the ability to customize everything, and using commercial and residential templates have allowed us to complete bids in a half the time (maybe even less) than our previous software allowed!

Vorteile: Everything is customizable . Easy template builds. Take offs directly from drawing. Auto count that seems to be more accurate than any other software I've tried.

Nachteile: Learning how to accurately search for things in the library can be frustrating at first, but once you use the software a few times, and build a base knowledge for the way their database is set up, it becomes much easier.

• Bewertet am 6.3.2019
Zhiwei C.
Project Engineer
  • Bewertet am 3.7.2018

"Good product and good value"

Vorteile: The integration is good after the estimating is done. Linked with project managing software and accounting. The support is good too.

Nachteile: Some compatibility issue with our windows version, but might not be the problem of the software. We corrected it now.

• Bewertet am 3.7.2018
Max P.
Estimator/Electrician
  • Bewertet am 7.10.2016

"McCormick Software"

Kommentare: The software is intuitive to a large degree. There are many common electrical assemblies to choose from and modify, and modifying those assemblies is very easy. I am running the win 3000 which has some functionality hold backs from the more expensive win 6000. There are workarounds for all of the things you don't get for the most expensive version of the software. Overall I like it a lot.

Vorteile: Customer service is unmatched. If you have a question, you can and get an answer. You talk to REAL people. There are no hold times I have experienced and you can bother them as much as you want!

Nachteile: All electrical estimating software limits functionality if you don't buy the most expensive version. Kinda like buying a bike with no handle grips. You can ride it but it just isn't as comfy.

• Bewertet am 7.10.2016
Noel W.
  • Bewertet am 28.11.2017

"Great product"

Vorteile: The pros are the McCormick team willing to take the time out of there day to help you get through the bumpy spots. The integrated plan take off screen is a great way to get accurate counts and length's.

Nachteile: The tutorial is like a foreign language but the McCormick support team takes they're time to help you out.

• Bewertet am 28.11.2017
Tom F.
COO
  • Bewertet am 12.10.2016

"First Steps with McCormick Electrical"

Kommentare: Although we are just starting exploring the software we are experiencing shortfalls as it applies to power line construction and its materials. We will make our own adjustments and the McCormick people seem sportive enough, but we feel the need to attend their seminars to really learn the guts of the product and its abilities. So I guess we aren't dating, but need to be married and live with this software for years.

Vorteile: Closest application to powerline contractors we could find.

Nachteile: Always more we need to buy and or attend and learn. Materials package add on not addressing the powerline market.

• Bewertet am 12.10.2016