Über USATestprep

USATP stellt Lehrkräften standardkonforme Lernressourcen zur Verfügung, damit alle Lernenden die staatlichen Lernstandards meistern können.

Erfahre mehr über USATestprep

Teachers are able to choose what they want to integrate within their existing curriculum. There are many resources and activities to choose from.

It does not allow for Spanish speaking students who are just learning English. As a home school parent it is too costly since I have to buy one subject at a time.

Bewertungen zu USATestprep

USATestprep hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 112 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du USATestprep bereits verwendet?

Russell
Russell
E-Learning, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great for the SPED community

Kommentare: Classroom-based teacher

From a SPED perspective, USATestPrep is a great asset to have in your toolkit! It allows individuals to have an individualized learning plan, if the teacher puts in just a little effort. Here are the pros: - Students can independently see their strengths and weaknesses and work to improve - Teachers can offer remediation to small groups of kids who need help with specific topics - There's a variety of ways to practice: question sets, performance tasks, reading assignments, videos, games, puzzles. Lots of ways to engage diverse learners. - Teachers can control the difficulty of questions being asked. It's awesome! - Teachers can shorten assignments (which is often an accommodation on the IEP) with the click of a button. - This could be used as an extra support in a resource classroom to supplement what teachers are doing in the classroom. - It's easily navigated by students and teachers.

No real cons stick out from a SPED perspective. I suppose one could say that because there's so much here, an individual could get "lost in the weeds" at first. But USATestPrep provides a lot of help and has great customer support, so just be patient and this will not be a problem. One may also feel that it's a steep price if funding is a difficulty, but when you consider all that's available through the platform - it really is worth it.

Corey
Gifted Social Studies Teacher in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

An educational masterpiece

The functionality of this project is superior to any of its kind. It’s aligned specifically to the standards that my students have to master and differentiated to reach each individual student. This makes my teaching preparation and colleague collaboration much more effective and efficient. I would recommend this to any teacher of any grade, content area, and level of student.

I like all the features involved with this program.

Peter
Bildungsmanagement, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

A potentially useful test prep program

Kommentare: USATestprep is an excellent idea. We used it as an organization for several years to help students prepare for high-stakes tests. Others are likely to have had better outcomes than I did, but this program wasn't for my students. We stopped using the program two years ago, so I also hold out hope they've revamped these questions. Some aspects of the program are highly worthwhile.

I really enjoyed how easy it was to sign up students for this program after we purchased a lesson. It integrated well with our class rosters. The games and activities were refreshing and fun for the students. Some (but not nearly all) of the questions were also worthwhile.

I used USA Test Prep to prepare students for the AP exams and our statewide graduation-required exam. I stopped using the program because it had serious issues with aligning questions to the standards. We found numerous questions that were not written at the correct level (Bloom's Taxonomy) and numerous others that were mis-categorized (i.e., fiction categorized as nonfiction). This is a paid program, so I was disappointed by this fact.

Antwort von USATestprep

Hi Peter, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are always improving our alignment and are usually able to make adjustments to questions same day at teacher request. We'd be happy to offer you a free re-activated trial to review all updates made.

Amanda
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great for students!

Kommentare: It has been wonderful for my entire school. Plus, customer service has been extremely helpful when needed.

It is an easy program for students to use. The questions are a great match to our state test. It is easy to see growth and assign individualized work for students. I love this program!

I wish that the program had the ability to divide the students by subgroups. That would help my data gathering.

Kristie
Bildungsmanagement, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

USA Test Prep: An Invaluable Classroom Resource

Kommentare: My overall experience with USA Test Prep has been very positive. Customer service and training opportunities are excellent. The ability to individualize, remediate, review, and enrich my current curriculum is a life saver.

USA Test Prep lightens my teaching load by giving me a comprehensive bank of resources that are aligned with my curriculum. Bell ringers, formative and summative assessments, tutorial videos, data, a grade book and so much more are well organized and easy to use for both teachers and students. Students and teachers both receive immediate and valuable feedback with which to improve student learning. Students enjoy the games and performance based activities, and I love how much they have learned and how well they have performed on state testing since incorporating this resource into my curriculum. My students have bragged to me that the state test was easy because of the activities they completed on USA Test Prep.

Honestly, the only con that I have found is that the program offers so many resources, it can be difficult at first to learn it all. However, the support the company provides is excellent, so every question I have ever had has been taken care of immediately.

Antwort von USATestprep

Kristie, Many thanks for the review-- you made our Friday! We agree with your comment about there being so many resources, it can be easy to miss some of the options. We're working on making sure our teachers know EVERYTHING that is available to them and how to use it. If you ever have any suggestions on ways we can best let teachers know about some of the less frequently used (but no less important) options, let us know. Thanks again! Your USATestprep team

Judy
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

What are the benefits of USATestprep?

Kommentare: Very positive overall experience for my students and me

I like USA Testprep because it allows my students to work at their own pace. I also like the fact that I can select my students’ needed areas of improvement and tailor specific units to address their individual needs. As students work through their activities, teachers can further identify the need for remediation of certain concepts and focus on mastering those concepts. USATestprep also helps to bolster students’ self confidence when they get correct answers. This allows them to be more vocal in class because they actually understand how to solve problems and it encourages them to want to learn more.

Sometimes the questions are too wordy for the students. This makes them frustrated and sometimes limits their desire to problem solve.

Antwort von USATestprep

Thank you for the feedback! We will pass your comments on to our Academic team. We take subscriber feedback seriously and appreciate your telling us what works and what doesn't. Thank you for choosing USATestprep and the Progress Learning platform! Wishing your students the best this testing season. :)

Doris
6th grade teacher in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Excellent and Fun Software for Test Practice!

Kommentare: Simply an excellent experience overall.

My 6th graders love practicing their skills on USA Test Prep! They are challenged by some questions but the hints help them and they love that part! They are so ready for the testing in the spring that they tell me how easy the Milestones is for them. The students tell me that the best part of USA TEST PREP is that the questions use the same wording as Milestones, so they get used to the wording and know what to do when they see it. Overall an EXCELLENT product!

If I had to find something that I don't like, and this is being picky, every once in a great while there is a question with a word that the kids don't know. It's never a word that's vital to the question yet not knowing it causes the kids to stop, get a little off track with the math, and try to figure out the word. I am trying to remember an example but cannot....

Shane
Shane
Instructional Technology Facilitator in USA
Bildungsmanagement

Great test prep program. Arguably one of the best out there.

As a classroom teacher, USATP was phenomenal piece of the puzzle I used to ensure students were mastering content, progressing toward goals, determining gaps in knowledge, and engagement. Tons of pros with USATP. There's variety - whole class activities and games, preloaded assessments and quiz banks, performance tasks, benchmarking, review videos, interactive and content-based games.

Because there are so many great things about USATP, it takes some time to learn your way around. With that said, however, USATP has a great and helpful staff who are quick to help and offer advice. In some content areas, such as state history, USATP struggles to provide relevant questions in the bank. However, they have greatly improved over the last 7 years.

Antwort von USATestprep

Shane, Thank you for your review!

Educational/Leadership Consultant in USA

Great for the classroom and diagnostic testing

Easy to set up and save test questions, individual tests, run data, etc. This is our goto source for diagnostic and formative testing

It would be great if the program would allow you to throw out questions that appear statistically unreliable and rescore the tests for you, as well as show a curve option.

Antwort von USATestprep

Thank you for your feedback.

Renee
Techer in USA

Fantastic EOC review program

Kommentare: I taught Economics for a while and used the program to review for our end of course testing. The resources and questions are great. There are question types to choose from for reviews, crossword puzzles, writing prompts and so much great resources that all students using this should be ready for the tests. The grading system is very easy to understand as well.

I have taught for over 14 years and we have used this program for a large part of that time. All three school systems have used it. I love the large amount of resources in this site and the ability to track their progress.

There are so many resources on this site that there is nothing so can complain about. It’s amazing.

Melissa
E-Learning, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Boost your test scores with rigorous practice.

Kommentare: I have had to contact support a couple of times and they are always wonderful at helping.

I use this in my classroom as well as with my personal children who are home-schooled. I have been using USA Test Prep for 5 years and consider it a required tool for my teaching. It allows me to assign students assignments that are individualized for their learning and makes grading very easy.

Cindy
Instructional Lead Teacher in USA

Best bang for your buck

Kommentare: EXCELLENT experience! My student scores on state and county assessments are always higher due to the practice they do with USA Test Prep

1) ease of use for teachers 2) ease of use for students 3) automated gradebook 4) alignment to my standards 5) capability to use vertical planning with other teachers and within my classes

Have nothing to write here as I have loved this program since the first day I used it with students!

Cassandra
Math teacher in USA

Great test prep. Easy to see where students are and what standards to enrich.

I enjoy the depth of the question bank. There are performance tasks and free response questions. There are benchmarks, practice, games. Students love the games. There are games to use with the whole class also.

There are no major cons. It would be nice if I could get the USATP gradebook to sync with mine. I spend a lot of time transferring grades. Other than that, I can't think of any cons.

Antwort von USATestprep

Thank you for reviewing us.

Killian
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

USATestPrep: Setting students up for success!

Kommentare: USATestPrep has been a great resource for my classroom. It allows me to easily differentiate tests, homework, classwork, remediation, and classroom activities. I can assign students practice based on what they need. I also love having my students do the Green Dot Challenge, where they compete to get green dots showing mastery on all of their content standards by the end of the year. Students get excited to play the games on USATestPrep, and they do really well interpreting the explanations and justifying their responses. Overall it's a great tool for teaching, review, and assessing students growth! My classroom has grown since we started using USATestPrep.

The questions aligned perfectly with the standards and used vocabulary that made them similar to state test questions.

I wish there was an explanation for why questions were assigned the DOK levels they had.

Paula
Teacher in USA

USA Test Prep provides many different types of questions for students all in a user friendly package

The user friendly assignment set-up for teachers makes this a no brainer. It truly takes minutes to create an assignment with multiple choice questions, vocabulary exercises, games, open-ended critical thinking questions, and a post-test. The questions for math are excellent, often with diagrams and tables that would are difficult to find elsewhere. I have been a USA Test Prep user for over five years. It is a staple in my classroom.

There truly isn't much I don't love about USA Test Prep. But I would love to see even more questions generated for certain topics in math. It would be great to have more good questions to choose from.

Antwort von USATestprep

Paula, Thank you for your review.

Phil
Social Studies teacher in USA

A great way to prepare for a and track progress for any end of course test.

The ability to use it for bellwork, formative assessments, summative assessments, performance tasks, games, and review.

Some of the features I could not put onto the smart board. The tracking of student's progress is great, just wish there was a way to keep up with there progress and there weak areas quickly and easily.

Allison
Bildungsmanagement, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

It has helped my 8th grade students grow!

Kommentare: Overall, I LOVE using USA test prep in my classes. When introduced carefully to students and monitored frequently, it helps students to grow in my class.

I liked that USA test prep gave my students practice that was rigorous and closely aligned with state standards.

The USA test prep site can be overwhelming at first. However, the free webinars and in-person trainings make a huge difference.

Antwort von USATestprep

Allison -- thank you for the kind review. We are actively looking at ways to help our teachers understand all the resources available to them on our platform without, as you say, feeling overwhelmed. We're getting there! However, we agree the trainings make a huge difference. Thanks, again!

Shari
History Teacher in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Well Worth the Money

Kommentare: I use it almost daily to help kids with the learning experience. I love it!

This program is vital to our study of American History and state testing.

The questions need to be updated yearly after the Texas STAAR test is released.

Donald
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

This is my go-to testing and test preparation platform. There is none better!

Kommentare: Students are better prepared for state-wide standardized testing. Also used for in-class testing in classes that do not have state

The platform is extremely easy to use and has all of my current standards pre-loaded. Additionally, the data is automatically extracted after testing so that I may review the data and determine what changes to my teaching/delivery I need to make. Creating, sharing, and editing tests is extremely simple and the test banks are vast. Extremely easy to use and extremely thorough!

I do not have any cons from my perspective. This is everything I wish from an on-line testing software platform.

Keisha
Science Teacher in USA

Excellent Product

Kommentare: I love this platform. It has a lot resources to help teachers in all subjects.

USA testprep is an excellent product. It is a very helpful tool for planning and assessing students.

It does not provide lessons or PowerPoint for the standards.

Tabitha
Bildungsmanagement, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Specific common core lessons and practice, great tool for End of Year testing practice and prep.

Kommentare: Standardized test preparation and practice. Real time grading. Review suggestions, Class games

USATP is user friendly and kid friendly! The activities are fun and engaging but also informative. Users are able to see their progress in real time and USATP has a feature to show what needs review.

Some of the questions for the tests are confusing in their wording. I would like to be able to write my own.

Antwort von USATestprep

Tabitha, Thank you for your kind review. Within USATestprep, you are able to write and add your own questions for benchmarks. If you find a question that is confusing, please submit a feedback and our team will review the question.

Neal
Mathematics Instructor in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

I have taught high school math for 10 years, and have used USA Test Prep most of those years.

Kommentare: Increased student achievement, alternative paths to student engagement, increased resources ready to hand. Seriously, lots of stuff.

The variety of questions is the best part. And how user-friendly it is. And how quickly the customer support folks will respond when needed. There is no just one thing that is the best.

I like everything about it, but the thing I like least, I guess, is that in some instances the questions go from way too easy to extremely difficult within the same assessment. Sometimes that can be a bad thing.

Antwort von USATestprep

Neal, Thanks for your review.

Debra
Bildungsmanagement, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Excellent support

Kommentare: I use it to strengthen student learning and improve test-taking skills.

I have been using USA TestPrep to enhance student learning and improve test performance for more than 10 years. I like the interactive user-friendly aspects that are tied to specific skill enhancement and test practice.

The occasional errors found in text and answer choice and sometimes repeated questions.

Alyssa

A Lifesaver for State Exams

USATestPrep provides an incredible amount of testing support for our South Carolina English I exam. My students find the games fun and great for review. I also love analyzing the multiple choice questions with the class to see exactly how test wording impacts student answers.

While the interface can be a little difficult to navigate, you can pick it up with one of their training sessions.

Antwort von USATestprep

Alyssa, Thank you for your review. We now offer online training here: https://www.youtube.com/user/usatestprep/videos

Nic
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Review for Coosa High School English Department

Kommentare: Overall, USATestPrep has been a great tool to use in the classroom. The students benefit from it, and it helps teachers with preparing for our End of Course exams. I will continue to use this program as long as my school will allow me. It is a huge benefit to the way I run my classroom.

This software is teacher-friendly. The data that it provides has single-handedly helped me in differentiating instructions for my students.

Sometimes the questions repeat too often within assignments or assessments.