Filtern nach:

Über SimpleTax

Vom HMRC anerkannte, intuitive, einfache und kostengünstige Lösung zur Erstellung und Einreichung einer Steuererklärung.

Erfahre mehr über SimpleTax

Nuno G.
Nuno G.
Healing and Massage Practitioner in UK
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Easy Peasy

Kommentare: Cant praise this tool enough.
It says what it does and whereas I was trying to.use quickbooks and after all the hard work of inputting information I couldn't submit my tax return.
I loved the simplicity and direct approach to the whole process with Gosimpletax.

How easy it was to use, the simple approach to submitting infornation

Doesnt have many choices for expenses, such as uniforms, shoes, needs to have dedicated features for professional business stock

Antwort von GoSimple Software

Hi Nuno, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a great review! Thanks, GoSimpleTax Team.

Juliet H.
Copy Editor in USA
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

SimpleTax Review

Kommentare: The best thing about Go Simple Tax is the customer service. I generally receive replies to my enquiries within the hour, and it's a great comfort. One thing I'd be interested in is a more personalised level of service, whereby I could have access to a dedicated agent who could check over the form prior to filing and advise whether any additional information might be required, or whether there are further benefits I could take advantage of. A sort of remote tax advisor.

Attractive, uncluttered design with drop down boxes offering suggestions and ideas for what to include on the form. Also occasional suggestions of how to make savings, eg. automatically applying a 'work from home' allowance

As a UK tax-payer living overseas, I find completing my return very stressful. Perhaps there could be a little more info in some of the pop-up boxes that gives good, clear instructions and examples of what information is required. I'd also like to be able to compare the return I'm working on with those from previous years without having to go in and out of the different returns

Ricardo E.
Translator in UK
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Easy to use, but bad connection to HMRC

It´s easy to use and the step-by-step process helps a lot

- I haven´t received a confirmation from HRMC that the tax return was sent (although it was) + I haven´t received an email from GoSimpleTax. Last year HMRC told me they hadn´t received anything, so it is not a trusworthy software - The Customer Service did not reply to my question (sent 12 hours ago) - The password reset tool doesn´t function, which also happened last year - There are a lot of hidden features in the tax return, pages I didn´t know about and the software didn´t mention it to me - My name was not correct in the tax return (although it was correct in my profile)....

Antwort von GoSimple Software

Dear Ricardo Thank you for your feedback, On reviewing your support request I see that this was received very late evening, we responded at 7:15am the following morning, outside of our published support hours When a tax return is submitted to HMRC we display the appropriate success message and HMRC confirmation on screen and also email the same information for your records. When asked for confirmation of this by yourself our support team responded in under 30 minutes. Unfortunately it can take HMRC 36 hours for your online HMRC account to show tax return submissions, especially during peak periods leading to the tax return deadline. We pride ourselves on the level of customer support we provide especially during the peak filing season. For January 2019 we achieved a satisfaction rating of 94%. Kind regards GoSimpleTax

Andy C.
Business Owner in UK
Fotografie, Selbstständig

GoSimpleTax: unravelling the complexities of personal taxation

Kommentare: Arguably the best feature of this software is not the ease of use or comprehensive nature of the software itself, but the almost immediate feedback I've received from the support team every time I've contacted them. Their professionalism has helped me to understand my finances and taxation better as each year passes.

I love the manner in which this software calculates my tax liability as each element is entered, which makes it simple to see how things are progressing and when I've made a mistake in entering data.

Some elements only force a recalculation at the end of the process, such as amalgamated tax codes. Whilst I'm sure there must be good reason for the software to be written in this manner, it doesn't seem to be intuitive to me as a user. If possible I'd like to see these elements moved into the initial setup routine.

Antwort von GoSimple Software

Thanks for leaving us a great review, Andy! We appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. We're glad you're satisfied with the support you have received from the team! - AG

Robert C.
None in UK

Simple by name, simple by nature

Each year gets clearer and easier, for a user who only completes one tax return. However complex the software gets me to the right place and the help desk has always been prompt and solved the problem in one exchange. I also like the vale for money, but now I am moved into a simpler regime and may not even need to complete the return, this could be my last year. But I'll continue to encourage my wife to use the software - money well spent for ease of use and peace of mind.

Sometimes the location of information appearing on the visualisation forms at the end is not input until later in the process - as if you are ready to submit. But again, readily explained by the help desk

Owner, Architect/Developer in Niederlande
Telekommunikation, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Good service

Kommentare: Good

Much better than the HMRC version. Quite easy to use.

The references to HMRC (eg pdf's) are there, but it would be nice if there was a summary from user perspective (e.g. with question in the residency section) Otherwise there are a few minor glitches.

Antwort von GoSimple Software

Hi, Thanks for your review. We would like to hear more about your experience, so that we can use your valuable feedback to deliver an even better experience next time. Please could you email help@gosimpletax.com with any further comments or suggestions you wish to share! Thanks, GoSimpleTax Team.

Chloe A.
Interior Designer in UK
Design, Selbstständig

Awesome for the Number-phobic!

Kommentare: I'm a creative, so numbers aren't my strong point - I'm also at the lower end of earnings so paying an Accountant quite a lot of money for my very small and simple returns always grated against me. Thank Goodness I found GoSimple!! I just love it - dare I say, I might even look forward to doing my Tax Return?!?!!

So intuitive - prompts make the fields easy to populate, sensible sub headings described in layman's terms and even flags up potential mistakes / discrepancies!

No Cons - honestly can't think of a thing!

David F.
David F.
Minister in UK
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Value for money tax software

Kommentare: Very good

It's easy to use, comprehensive, but best of all, excellent value for money. I have reasonably complicated tax affairs, so need something more than the HMRC site.

Sometimes seems to lose data - possibly my fault.

Antwort von GoSimple Software

Hi David, Thanks for leaving us a great review. We're glad you thought GoSimpleTax was easy to use! Thanks, GoSimpleTax Team.

Senior leader and Chair of Trustees in UK
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Simple to complete

Kommentare: It has significantly speeded up my tax return submission.

Easy to fill in and leads you into covering all areas such as including associated expenses,. It uses last year's return as aa base, making it much easier to ensure I've covered everything in the same way.

Handling proportions on holiday lettings where there is also personal use was not intuitive.

Lynn J.
Lynn J.
Recruiter in UK
Personalwesen, Selbstständig

Very simple to use

Kommentare: Highly recommend.

Easy to navigate and use. Good value for money.

Can't think of any, will use again for sure.

Neil B.
mission worker in UK
Religiöse Einrichtungen, Selbstständig

Good product, but frustrating.

Kommentare: If you have no idea how to fill in a tax return this is great, and it asks questions to help you reduce your liability. However, for different reasons the last two years I've needed the help desk to fix bugs / advise why the software is responding as it does. (The help desk is helpful though!)

It is easy enough to complete the various boxes, once you have learned how to use the software.

Frankly it is more complex than filling out a tax return. The only reason I do it is because I want to file minister of religion forms on line (so need to use 3rd party software).

Priti S.
Consultant in UK
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

So straight forward

Kommentare: GoSimpleTax makes it so easy to complete and submit a tax return. I used to the HMRC site directly, and it feels horrible and makes you stress about submitting a return. This is such a better experience and so quick. Very grateful. Well worth the small expense.

Really easy to complete the information. Gives prompts for claimable expenses you may have overlooked. Calculates the tax whilst you are completing the information.

Nothing to report. There was nothing I disliked about my experience.

James C.
CTO in UK
Biotechnologie, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Price hikes year on year and a support team that dont care and give you tin can responses

Kommentare: poor

I thought, initially, that it actually made the whole process simple. I later found out I was a fool and that I should be using the free HMRC one. I then find out that the price has hiked again and all the customer support team say is "Over the last 12 months, we have added lots of new features and made software improvements to give you the best possible experience when filing your self-assessment tax return" as if that makes it ok. What are they? I doubt i'll need them. Who asked for them? What a terrible excuse. If I started charging more for making my software better people would stop using it. I will thus be stopping using it

The support team. The inability to modify a filed return and having to ring HMRC and sit on hold for 40mins anyway.

Paul Y.
Builder - owner in UK
Bau, Selbstständig

A few blips

Kommentare: Not bad but some disappearing data and not clear instructions, missing headings, as mentioned above, did not fill me with confidence.

The layout and simplicity. Easy to follow.

Not enough detailed help information and some of it is inaccurate. Names headings to use which don't exist. Couldn't find the log of my personal drawings to edit - they seemed to have disappeared. Not enough clear explanation of what happens on validating the assessment. A user guide would be good with more detail.

Antwort von GoSimple Software

Hi Paul, Thanks for leaving us a review! We would like to hear more about your experience, so that we can use your valuable feedback to deliver an even better experience next time. Please could you email help@gosimpletax.com with any further comments or suggestions you wish to share! Thanks, GoSimpleTax Team.

Vivienne L.
Landlady in UK
Essen & Trinken, Selbstständig

A weight lifted

Kommentare: Fantastic service, both the simplicity of filling in the details and the help and support.

So easy to use and the support was quick and easy

There was nothing I didn’t like, it was simple and easy for me.

Antwort von GoSimple Software

Hi Vivienne, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad you enjoyed using GoSimpleTax! Kind regards, GoSimpleTax Team.

Product Manager in UK
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

53% Price Hike during Coronavirus Crisis!

No idea - it has basically functionality

They have a subscription model so that you are basically locked in for next year. You sign up. Then Coronavirus hits - you'd think a company founded to support self-employed people would be there in their time of need. But no, they increase their price by 53%!

Antwort von GoSimple Software

Hi, Whilst we do offer a subscription model all users receive 2 emails before any renewal payment is taken, with a minimum 2 weeks notice to allow for cancellation. Our help centre (https://support.gosimpletax.com/portal/kb/gosimpletax/general) also provides information on how users can unsubscribe without the need to contact us. Unfortunately we have had to increase prices at this difficult time, a decision taken prior to the Coronavirus outbreak, and not taken easily. This is not to profiteer but to make the business sustainable, allowing us to keep the product current/compliant, invest in new features to make it better and continue providing a high level of UK based support. Anyone who wants to unsubscribe during this difficult time can reinstate their subscription later and still benefit from the subscription discount. Thanks, GoSimpleTax Team.

Jeremy M.
Company Director in UK

Feedback Time

Kommentare: It was much easier than using the HMRC portal, also the help teams were very responsive when I needed reminding of the way to submit the calculations to the HMRC site. Overall experience was very good indeed.

Once you have selected your preferences, it is done and therefore returning to submit a tax return for a second time was as it says on the tin "Simple"

Only using it once a year it is not obvious what you have to do after you have validated your figures.

Antwort von GoSimple Software

Hi Jeremy, Thanks for the great review. We're glad you had a great experience using GoSimpleTax :) Thanks, GoSimpleTax Team.

Steven H.
CEO in UK
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

GoSimpleTax

Kommentare: Personal tax - used to be done by a tax adviser which was a more opaque and expensive exercise

Very simple and straightforward to use. Excellent clear feedback on tax liability via the tax computation feature. Feedback on unclaimed tax benefits and any errors is also immensely helpful.

No problems from my perspective once you have understood how to enter data

Rebecca A.
Business owner in UK
Landwirtschaft, Selbstständig

What a relief!!

Kommentare: This was my first self assessment and I found it very daunting. GoSimpleTax made the figures very easy to calculate. I had quite a few problems with my UTR and the customer service team were amazing and very patient with me. All the figures on the system were saved and ready to go so when my new UTR was activated with HMRC , it only took minutes to complete my return. Thank you GoSimpleTax!

The team have been amazing at problem solving for me.

If I had to find anything negative it would be that the failed submission codes aren't easy to understand so I didn't know what was going wrong but I e mailed the support team and they were able to help

Antwort von GoSimple Software

Hi Rebecca, Thanks for a great review. We're glad you're happy with our support team, I've passed this message on to them :) In regards to the failed submission codes, I'll pass on your suggestion to the team. Thanks, GoSimpleTax Team.

Ross G.
Team Rector in UK

A bit confusing to use but does the job.

It fills in all the forms and sends them to the Inland Revenue. Not expensive either. Takes the stress out of doing your tax return online.

Never quote sure if I have filled in the right boxes. Would appreciate better notes for Anglican ministers

Antwort von GoSimple Software

Many thanks for your review and feedback. We will pass on your comments to the support team.

Mike M.
email marketer in UK
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

great value plus speedy support.

Kommentare: Very satisfying customer experience thanks to quick and effective email support to resolve issue of unable to send return. Thank you. Highly recommended.
Mike.M

Ease of use. Info provided to assist with completing tax return and ability to switch to saved earlier years returns.

Initial inability to submit completed return to HMRC.

Trevor P.
director of maintenance in UK
Essen & Trinken, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

simple tax

Kommentare: Excellent piece of software, takes the worry our of your tax return

great that its keeps previous years submissions and allows you to update

none, it's very easy to use even for those with limited tax experience

Antwort von GoSimple Software

HI Trevor, Thanks for the great review! We're glad you enjoy using GoSimpleTax! Thanks, GoSimpleTax Team.

Jo P.
Curate in UK
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Minister of religion form

Clear structure to the forms and populated the information well onto the HMRC forms Suggestions about possible missed expenses

When I selected the SA100 form I wasn't automatically offered the charitable giving section and it wasn't obvious how to find that. It wasn't clear whether I should include my clergy stipend on an employment sheet or on the minister of religion form. It would have been helpful to have 'hover over' explanation notes to describe what should go in each box.

Antwort von GoSimple Software

Many thanks for your feedback. We will pass on your comments to the development team. We have also asked the team to add a help article about how to show minsters income. Today (19 Nov) we have released an small update to make it easier to add gift aid donations. Kind regards GoSimpleTax Team

Jose V.
Design Engineer in UK
Design, Selbstständig

cons

Technical support was very helpful and provided good guidance

The section expenses needs something to help me to find the right group for certain items... for example it would be nice to have a tool that has reverse look up: lets say you have purchase pencils, you click on search... then the tool advice you in the "Computer, Tools & Office equipment>>stationary" Also the last section right before filling, there are several options to select entering information for some forms and others, but I personally lack of the knowledge and jargon to decide... I think it should provide more info for noobs like me.

Antwort von GoSimple Software

Hi Jose, Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad you was satisfied with the support your received. We would like to hear more about your experience, so we can use our valuable feedback to deliver an even better experience next time you us GoSimpleTax. Please pop us an email help@gosimpletax.com with any suggestions you wish to share! Thanks, GoSimpleTax Team.

Anthony P.
Pipefitter in UK
Öl & Energie, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

No worries

Kommentare: I didn't realize that I was due a rebate but apparently I'm due over£700

I kept putting it off but I found the software so easy to use,as long as you have your expenses to hand you can't really go wrong.

I found everything worked well,no problems.