Great Platform, As Long As You Keep Paying

Bewertet am 15.11.2019
Paul B.
Designer
Architektur & Planung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We built our first VR tour with InstaVR in 2017 because at the time they were the only platform available which could easily host the same content to work on any device. It was a great process to create the tour and the result was exactly what we needed. We paid for a year's subscription to make a number of other tours. We decided not to resubscribe for the next year because we were not making any new tours for the foreseeable future. One year after our subscription ended, the VR functionality of our tours stopped working and watermarks were placed on the images. That's fine, seeing how we were no longer paying for the service, but I would have liked to had known that you aren't just paying for the ability to create the tours but also to maintain their basic functionality forever into the future. The documentation on important items such as these are lacking. Immediately after discovering this issue, we found that the account we used to build the tours was deactivated, so we wouldn't be able to activate the Pro-level functions on the tours again even if we wanted to. After several weeks of back and forth with customer service, I'm still waiting for them to reactivate the account. Is it a great product? Yes. Is it worth the money? It depends entirely on how long it's useful to you.

Vorteile: The ability to provide the same tour for any major platform (web, Android, Apple, etc.) without much extra effort Easy to customize/brand Switching between touch, VR mode, and mouse controls is seamless. Works on most any hardware

Nachteile: Very expensive Tours stop functioning if you end your pro-level subscription Documentation is minimal Customer service can be slow and tough to navigate

I have been using this to create educational apps for over a year, and it works well.

Bewertet am 20.3.2018
Dale S.
History Teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I can't code, so this is the only way I could make VR tour apps for mobile devices that could be used offline.

Vorteile: -You create the media, and it does the rest--coding and getting it ready for distribution on iTunes or Google Play
-Fairly intuitive and it allows a wide range of media to be integrated into the app
-Responsive tech support

Nachteile: -It is expensive, very expensive
-There are virtually no instructions, and you must rely on tech support

Expensive and Horrible Lag

Bewertet am 16.10.2018
Summer W.
VR
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Mobile phone apps work well. Web apps freeze, buffer, and lag. Tech support has no access to your projects so you have to upload all of your files to another server for them to rebuild it for testing. Tech support is in a different time zone it appears, not sure how knowledgeable they are - it takes many rounds of emails to get anywhere. They wont do refunds so good luck. The price would be acceptable if the product worked as advertised, even if I have to struggle through learning it all with their lack of documentation. I've asked for a refund twice now. I hate it.

Vorteile: Supports 180VR video, many features, publishes many apps (Daydream, Oculus, Vive, Web)

Nachteile: Hosted web tours freeze, buffer, and lag. Support is a struggle. Expensive. Some of the features have zero documentation and their help site is missing a lot of info so you're on your own.

Very bad behavior if you have problems. I lost time and money.

Bewertet am 14.9.2017
Victor C.
Medienproduktion, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: No benefits in my personal experience. I lost money and time.

Vorteile: It seems to be a interesting solution with good support, but not cheap. Anyway you cannot know how it really works in demo mode.

Nachteile: There is no user manual, just a fast tutorial. You can not try your app before. When you subscribe to PRO you see the problems but that will be your problem. You have paid and they don't mind. I paid a 1 month subscription for nothing but they don't accept any refund. I lost time and money.