Über Plivo

Anpassbare API-Plattform, um weltweite, zuverlässige Sprach- und SMS-Anwendungen mit niedrigen Preisen und ohne Funkdienstanbieter-Verträge zu ermöglichen.

Erfahre mehr über Plivo

So easy to use with our Jackrabbit class program and so inexpensive. Reply from customer comes up in our emails, you don't have to go looking for the responses.

Reports available at the user website console is very limited. Statistics available at the user website console is very limited.

Bewertungen zu Plivo

Plivo hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,3 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 85 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Plivo bereits verwendet?

Nomsa
Nomsa
Customer Support in Simbabwe
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Communication made easy

Kommentare: My experience with Plivo is superb, they deliver results within timelines. Each time when you raise a support ticket, they will not rest until they provide an answer, even if it means they do not have a solution at the moment they will keep you updated with the position and this makes me happy. They provide SMS to our customers anywhere and this makes our business flourish so well.

I really enjoy using this software because it deliver its purpose when it comes to sending verification to customers anywhere. Very reliable in such a way that when any country is not getting the SMS they react instantly to make sure SMS are sent.

At the moment there is nothing specifically except that they do not have Calling Support where by as a customer you have the facility of an account manager that you contact directly when anything goes wrong.

Abner
CEO in USA
Konsumgüter, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Plivo offers a great per minute Trunk with worldwide coverage

Kommentare: Great service with endless flexibility

It easily integrates with 3CX and works all over the world. Support has improved significantly compared to the last years and now we are using it much more.

The service should have templates that work with PBX systems

.Net Software Developer in Australien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good for smaller businesses, not so good for large cross application implementation

Kommentare: It's been ok, aside from annoying API issues and the occasional oddities with the console interface Plivo does provide a good service for smaller businesses that have a low throughput. However for a bigger company like ours that makes heavy use of the API we've found it rather frustrating.

I like that they offer request logs for all calls and allow you to purchase phone numbers through the API. Their customer support if often times friendly and quick to respond, and the console interface looks nice. They also provide a nice set of API documentation with example requests and responses that allows you to instantly change between languages to make it much easier to understand the system.

The API leaves a lot to be desired. The main issue I have is that whenever there is an issue often times the API just throws a generic exception with a message like "Object not found". This leads us to needing to catch exceptions and compare the error string to understand what's going on when say, for example, a phone number purchase was unavailable. I would much appreciate it if the API was re-worked to better handle this kind of situation. I really shouldn't be expecting to catch exceptions. To compound the frustration, Plivo has the tendency to update the server side of their API without warning or documentation. This has caused our system to break on a few occasions. This could be easily mitigated by a change-log or hosting multiple API versions. Another issue I find is that the console interface (While it looks nice) it has a fair few bugs with it, especially when viewing request logs. It's also a bit confusing to navigate. I'm not above learning to use a complex system, it's just that there are some strange things. Like how sub accounts are handled. For example there's no capability to search or sort the sub accounts. This makes it really annoying to use, and to make matters worse, there are other pages such as the Applications page and the Endpoints page that support this. Maybe we're using sub accounts wrong but I think this shouldn't be such a hard thing to implement. But that's my point. There are some oddities like this that make the system more difficult to use.

Steven
Production Supervisor in USA
Versicherung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Beware The Beeps

Kommentare: As a backup server, that we use rarely l, it's more than adequate and fine!

We use Plivo as our backup server. It performs that particular duty admirably.

This might be a feature that IT could disable, but when the call center switches to Plivo, calls have random, unexplained beeps on them. As one of key metrics is tracking the voicemail disposition l, that creates havoc for us, as it confuses our reps, and causes them to incorrectly disposition calls. It's also difficult to monitor calls for the same reason. But it's our backup server, so its not something we deal with often.

Corporate Alliance Consultant in Belgien
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Outstanding quality and flexibility, great customer service

With extensive SDK's available in a variety of languages, this is definitely one of the most flexible products available today for virtual phone service. Customer service is very responsive and professional.

Virtual numbers in Belgium present a few quirks such as not showing the caller id on SMS text messages, but this is a minor issue.

Travis
Web Systems Architect in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

My Review of Plivo

Kommentare: I am utilizing the Plivo platform for school districts to help provide a more cost effective phone sharing option. It has been great but I think we will need to do a lot of the heavy lifting ourselves with managing the sub accounts (schools/customers).

API documentation and ease of use have been my strongest 'likes' of Plivo. It was really simple to utilize the PHP examples to setup my phone application.

Account management and the overall UI is difficult to navigate and missing a lot. For instances logs take upwards of 5+ minutes to show, some logs are hidden on one screen, others located somewhere else. Account management for sub-accounts doesn't exist (other than changing the name). Should be a way to further manage them, for instance setting balances and limits for the sub accounts, be able to pull account usage reports/payments more directly related to the sub account. Also the types of numbers and what exactly they offer is not clear.

Imran
Imran
Team coordinator in Bangladesch
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Reliable Communication Platform with Extensive Features

Kommentare: Plivo is a top-notch communication platform that offers reliability and extensive features.

Plivo provides excellent call quality, SMS delivery rates, and reliable voice and messaging services. Their documentation is comprehensive.

The learning curve can be steep for users with limited technical expertise.

Matthew
Matthew
Web UI Developer in USA
Telekommunikation, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Plivo For Business

Kommentare: My experience has been amazing at Plivo. From the time they gave me a trial and even extended it by giving me an extra $ just to keep testing my applications, as I wasn't done yet. Plivo support usually gets back within 24 hours and almost always the problem has been resolved.

I've built my business using the Plivo platform. The API is easy to use and the price is cheap enough for me to mark up a bit to actually run a viable business.

Pricing in the United States, Canada, and several countries are perfect, but once you start going into other places, including India, Egypt, Malaysia, etc. The prices are definitely more expensive and while I cater to a global audience, the audience is best when they are from the US, Canada, UK, etc.

Conrad
Conrad
Full Stack Engineer in USA
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Plivo Review by Conrad Frame

Kommentare: It has been awesome. Initial hiccups and setup are 100% offset by the 50% savings over the competition and it has been smooth sailing for over a year since original setup.

I like that it was (is still?) half the cost of Twilio at the time that I switched over to it and had the same feature set that I was using (SMS api).

The only thing I struggled with is that I had some missed SMS sends INITIALLY that were reported to me by my customers. Plivo support helped me out a lot here and got me a source number that had a better send rate than the one I had originally chosen myself.

Corporate Alliance Consultant in Belgien
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

One of the best cloud-based communications platform

Kommentare: Plivo allows my business to work seamlessly without having to worry about installing any equipment.

Ease of use, excellent documentation, instant deployment, phone number availability, new and improved console

I had some teething issues with some of their phone numbers, which were not show stoppers but it required a lot of emails and phone calls.

Alessandro
Senior Software Engineer in UK
Glücksspiel & Casinos, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Easy

Kommentare: Sending SMS, I'd like a feature that recognize "fake" number like the one provided by https://sms-receive.net or https://smstools.online. With the help of the helpdesk we find out that I cannot receive SMS from US. I bought a landline number to send SMS in USA, Canada and all the rest of the world but I cannot receive SMS. There was no mobile number available to purchase, too. Problem not solved.

It's easy, cheap and effective. I set up and used the SMS messaging quickly.

Configuration of SMS Receiver. Not really clear also reading the documentation what all the options mean.

Wayne
IT Director in USA
Hausmeisterservice, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Plivo Review

Kommentare: We developed our own business phone system, complete with call center functionality and a front end administration interface in less than 2 months!

The Api is simple but great, with excellent documentation. It's very easy to connect SIP devices to Plivo and they just work.

The reporting is pretty basic. It seems Plivo leaves reporting to the user, but it'd be nice to have some stock usage reports at the very least.

Sanehiro
Software Engineer in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A promising SMS platform

Here are the things I like most about Plivo: 1. Toll-Free number capabilities (High throughput, high message limit per number) 2. Price (low price compared to competitors) 3. Overall performance (Latency, throughput, and delivery rate) 4. Support (Timely responses/actions) 5. Ease of use (Simple API and good documentation)

Here are the things that need some improvements: 1. Reports available at the user website console is very limited 2. Statistics available at the user website console is very limited

Manish
Head Operations & Technology in Indien
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

One of the best customer support I have seen

Kommentare: We use Plivo to send instant SMS notifications to all our donors around the world.

Easy to integrate, Great API documentation but most of all customer support response time is awesome

Some of the features are not available in my country India. Also it is a little on the pricier side compared to other options available

Jordan
IT Manager, Developer in USA
Unterhaltung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Reliable. Cost Effective!

Easy to use. API is always available. SMS logging makes it easy to track down bugs. Support team has been reasonably responsive when I've had questions. I switched from Twilio almost a year ago and have never looked back.

The user interface / dashboard could be a little bit more intuitive. It's still usable, I just feel like the way a user interacts with the site could be better.

Duane
Information Technology in USA
Risikokapital & privates Eigenkapital, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Phlo

Kommentare: Customer support isn't very accessible, it takes 24 to 48 hours of sending emails before I was able to get someone of the phone.

I like their phlo interface. It allowed to receive a text message send it to our CRM and then return a message back to the customer.

Some of the development limitations to the phlo seem unnecessary limiting. It's a bit clunky how API request have to execute successfully before being able to save, this creates a challenge with passing authentication tokens as a variable because when the block is authenticated on save the variable is not filled in with the authentication token. I was able to trick the platform by manually typing in the authentication token and then switching right before I saved.

Telekommunikation, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

My thoughts on Plivo

-Very flexible interface and flexibility to configure a lot of contact center features.

-Support is tough to get a hold of sometimes, support team seems to be based offshore.

Dain
General manager in Türkei

Plivo support and products

Kommentare: Before plivo we couldnt send SMS to other countries by cheap and professional way. After plivo we understood they have most valuable products and have a good support. Now we are sending SMS all of then world.

Plivo give its customers cheap products with a better support

They need to make their customer panel better.

Great API

Easy to implement Cost Good Tech Support

Cost prohibitive for non-US applications

shubham
software developer in Indien
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Api issue

Kommentare: I got stuck while using api for plivo but the plivo support helped me get over it.

I had some issues, but the support helped me solved that problem asap.

Their API documentation should be more detailed.

Rory
Rory
Full Stack Developer in Kanada
Restaurants, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Solid Value for Price

Kommentare: Buying numbers and managing 1-1 end user conversations for our clients. It has been simple, reliable, and effective.

The reality is that it's the Twilio alternative. But because it's cheaper, we do most of our flow through Plivo. So what I like most is that their API matched Twilio's exactly. This made switching and saving money a breeze.

The dashboard is slightly oversimplified. It's cut down to the bare bones which has benefits, but some views that I find useful are not present.

Marvin
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

When You Need to Track Phone Calls

Kommentare: Overall we are now able to prove to clients that they are receiving calls from our marketing efforts and can show the proof.

This software platform made tracking incoming telephone calls to my clients very easy. Best part was that we are able to show our logs to the client.

Using telephone tracking software is not as simple as just having a phone number and recording an inbound call. Learning the schematics to use properly was a challenge.

George
Founder in Spanien
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Simply the best platform for building voice and text applications

With Plivo it's easy to build a first-class application without breaking the bank. What I like about Plivo? Easy to integrate - clean API an SDK for different platforms. Globally ready - two-way SMS and local numbers is 55 countries. Feature-rich, robust and reliable. Fantastic customer support. Honestly, you can't find an offering that can beat Plivo.

Jonathan
Commercial Director in UK
Telekommunikation, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

We chose Plivo for their rates and reliable service and we felt we could recommend it to others.

Kommentare: We were able to incorporate their service easily and reliably into our own Newfies-Dialer SMS and voice broadcasting product.

We choose to incorporate Plivo's SMS messaging into our Newfies-Dialer SMS and Voice Broadcasting software as it was straightforward to implement, and we were comfortable recommending it to others.

Gustavo
Gustavo
CEO & Founder in Peru
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Review from Meraki Solutions

Kommentare: We develop a module based in text messaging marketing for our ERP, and all the process takes about 1 mounts, so the software in fact is easy to integrate

Is supported for our country (Perú), at least for messaging.

The documentation is not well explained to make advance developing