Everyone has a card!

Bewertet am 17.8.2019
Dennis V.
Outside World Liaison and Lead Link

Kommentare: Pretty good, some issues in the part with reissuing cards (always a pain to ship a couple of dozen around the world again) but just happened once so far.

Vorteile: We have implemented Emburse for all our remote team (aka everyone) that works with us. Each person gets a card shipped with budgets to spend on perks ($500 in Convert's case) and that makes everything run smooth. Then we run almost all budgets through the virtual cards making it easier to decentralize spending on anything. Decentralize is the way to go for us since we run on Holacracy and are all remote.

Nachteile: Feel it's still missing a direct connection with Xero that could be a big plus. A way to ship a card directly to anywhere in the world (now only US) would save us a logistical step.

Emburse Review

Bewertet am 19.9.2019
Aaron L.
Co-Founder
Unterhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The Emburse journey has been excellent the whole way through and customer support has stood out as a major strength the entire way. From development support during integration to operational support once you are live, the team at Emburse has always been fast to respond and incredibly informative and helpful. Can't say enough about their support.

Vorteile: The ability to leverage both an easy to administer Dashboard along with a rich set of APIs fit our use case perfectly. It allowed us to quickly launch and integrate our integration while making use of the Dashboard to augment any intermediate needs we had while developing our software.

Nachteile: We are eagerly awaiting consumer spending support through Emburse.

Emburse dramatically simplified expenses. My team loves it!

Keith S.
E-Learning, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Emburse makes it incredibly easy to issue expense cards to new employees and ensure that everyone reports back on all the key things you need to close your books. It took an annoying process of internal nagging to get the books closed, to a streamlined automated text message each time someone purchased. It’s amazing.

Nachteile: There is nothing significant that I dislike about the product. One quirk is that you’re using pre-paid cards rather than true credit cards, so you have to keep re-upping your balance. But this is automated so it’s not a big deal.

Servers Down Constantly Lead to Failures in Purchases

Sarah B.
Senior Accountant

Kommentare: It's a free program, you get what you pay for.

Vorteile: It's become a little more user friendly with drop down menus that you can search in and the ability to add additional attachments.

Nachteile: The website has been so slow as of late. It takes a few minutes for it to boot up and for me to be able to search for a transaction. It is so inconvenient. The servers have also had issues lately that cause recurring purchases to fail and cause serious issues with our vendors.

von Emburse an 19.8.2019

Hi Sarah,

We are sorry to hear about your experience. We were recently performing some server cleanup which is why the transaction page was slow but have since finished.

And as of last month, we added a new fix for managing any failed purchases! You shouldn't see anymore going forward.

Just wanted to add that we aren't a free platform, but because of our relationship with Housecall Pro, we decided to waive the monthly fee a long time ago.

If you have any questions or if there's anything we can do for you to make Emburse a better fit for you, please reach out and we'll make it happen!

Regards,

One of the best credit card solutions on the market

Bewertet am 30.9.2019
David P.
Executive Pastor
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: We’ve done everything from trying corporate cards to using expense software solutions, but Emburse combines the best of both worlds. Our employees love it over monthly reporting and we’re saving a lot of time on everything from expense controls to expense reports and accounting.

Nachteile: Still is a young product and would love to see some more robust features that some of the bigger expense solutions have (ie. better receipt emailing options, native QBO support without using plugin, etc), but overall a solid product.

Love the debit feature

Bhakti F.
Controller

Kommentare: We are very pleased with Emburse. The support has been responsive -- although we have not needed much support because everything works well and is easy to understand. We have very intention of utilizing Emburse as often as we can. We are a marketing and branding company with specialty in the spirits industry and in field marketing. Our usage is based on Client programs that we create and execute.

Vorteile: Easy to use. Because of the replenishment feature, we can always keep a set amount of available funds for our non-employee marketing reps. No concerns about excessive numbers of conventional corporate credit cards being used. Reconciliation is easy with the month end statement.

Nachteile: I really do not have any cons to share. Our Account Manager and Field Director are both very happy with Emburse. Our Account Manager was the one pushing for Emburse and I think it was and is a good decision.

Emburse Works Great for Various Programs.

Sara V.
Director of Field Marketing

Kommentare: We use emburse to fund our contractors on marketing programs. I have had nothing but positive experiences.

Vorteile: We love the ease of the Emburse. It is great to use with contracted employees.

Nachteile: I have had no issues with Emburse.

Great customer support and gets the job done

Bewertet am 11.6.2019
Andy S.
CTO / head of finance
Buchhaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall experience is definitely positive. I recommend Emburse. Since issuing department specific Emburse cards, accounting has been way easier and I don't have to deal with purchase orders everyday. Setting up on Emburse was super easy. Our account was approved and cards issued within two hours. Great support team as well. The rep was especially helpful in helping me with disputes and my missing card.

Vorteile: Simple to use. Intuitive UI. Never had an issue with my cards. I love that I can limit cards by categories. Other cards may be able to do it, but it's much easier with Emburse and I can do it myself. Keeps accounting easy and happy.

Nachteile: When we started with Emburse they were debit only and I didn't like having to leave a bunch of cash in their accounts. Now that they support credit cards, that's gone away.

Great product for expense management

CTO
Personalwesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: great company and great product

Vorteile: new features including physical cards, apple pay integration, and new settings for controlling spend.

Nachteile: learning curve took slight time to figure out.

Really good platform

Bewertet am 15.3.2019
Nicholas S.
Sr. Accountant
Buchhaltung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: We LOVE the control that Emburse gives to us with respect to spending on the cards. We love that we can set limits, restrictions and monitor the spending on our cards. We also really love the ability to have an electronic card vs. a physical card.

Nachteile: We were told that it would sync with our current platform, Expensify but it does not and they were not able to give any real viable solutions

Great Expense Management Tool

Bewertet am 16.8.2019
Matt S.
CIO
Pharmazeutika, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This does exactly what we need it to do for a very reasonable cost. Far easier to get setup and running than their competitors.

Vorteile: API is excellent and easy to get up and running with.

Nachteile: Transparency about what fees we would be charged and how the service would be changed was pretty low at certain points. More advance notice would be great.

Easy To Use

Bewertet am 22.8.2019
Amber M.
Accountant
Chemikalien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Our company has between 10-15 American express cards which are being pit on a spreadsheet for monthly allocation and review so we have eased out if using those cards so much as well as completely getting away from using Comdata.

Vorteile: The fact that you can have unlimited cards both virtual and plastic.

Nachteile: I was under the impression that it could be used as an ATM debit card and it cant be.

Easy way to manage employee expenses

Bewertet am 24.8.2019
Roger L.
Co-Founder

Vorteile: Really easy to create new virtual or physical cards, manage controls/limits, and track down receipts. Very responsive and helpful support. Overall Emburse has allowed us to feel comfortable issuing cards to key employees that regularly spend on the company's behalf.

Nachteile: Need to pre-fund the debit cards

Emburse

Bewertet am 19.8.2019
Nicholas R.
Financial Data Analyst
Unterhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I really like the user interface. It is very easy to navigate and find what I am looking for.

Nachteile: I am the Administrator for three lines of of Emburse Cards. I need to look at each account individually to get the information. I would be nice to have a dashboard that gives me the balances for all accounts from one screen.

Emburse isn't perfect (yet), but their Customer Support is!

Bewertet am 23.8.2019
Sanya S.
Sr. Accountant
Buchhaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have really enjoyed working with the team to create the most optimal system using Emburse and I'm excited to continue to grow with them! With their hardworking, dedicated and smart team, I think they'll get very close to just what we need!

Vorteile: I love how easy the software is to use. Its probably the best one out there for accounting purposes. My favorite part, however, is definitely the customer service. Every time I have a question, they are on top of it! Credit cards are not easy for any company to implement. Accounting hates credit cards because there is absolutely no tracking of transactions! Emburse makes it a lot easier to want to implement credit cards and I appreciate it!

Nachteile: I think the software requires a fair amount of customization in order to the most out of it. Some of their features still need work, but Emburse is still being built out and they are always open to suggestions/feedback which goes a long way.

Solid Product Coming from an Everyday User at a Small Food Tech Startup

Quinnli O.
Product Manager
Essen & Trinken, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Positive - it does lack a lot that a traditional business card would, but I guess it serves a different purpose? Or maybe you're getting there

Vorteile: Super easy to use and update
Strong permissions built around who can spend when, where, etc.
Categories feature is really helpful

Nachteile: You don't get any rewards or currency for using this vs other business cards
Similarly, there's no purchase protection as there would be with business cards

Emburse

Melissa B.
Accounts Payable Specialist
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Before we started with Emburse we were getting receipts from every field worker and that added up to a lot of extra hours sorting and tagging to jobs and then having to cut a weekly check. After using Emburse, we've cut down so much time in the office by having the guys just upload a picture of their receipt and tag it to a job. They aren't putting cash out of their pockets and having to wait a few weeks for reimbursement. It's all done in one shot!

Vorteile: The software is very easy to navigate through.

Nachteile: So far, I have not found anything I do not like about it.

Instant infinite virtual cards

Bewertet am 16.8.2019
Kyle K.
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: No limit on the number of virtual cards allowed. Excellent customer service.

Nachteile: The Quickbooks integration could be a little bit better, it is a minor issue.

Best decision to implement Emburse

Gerald Q.
Sr. Accounting Manager
Buchhaltung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Best decision ever to implement Emburse into our accounting procedures. Wish I had known about this sooner!

Vorteile: I love how easy the user interface is. It does what you want, when you want, and then more. It’s a 5/5 on all accounts.

Nachteile: If I had one “complaint” it would be that I didn’t discover this sooner.

Great Solution - Fantastic Customer Service

Adam G.
Growth Mgr
Internet, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Ease of use of the product for myself as the administrator and users. Reporting capabilities were great. Speed of deployment was quick and customer service repose time was also very good.

Nachteile: The software worked just as expected, I can't think of anything we didn't like.

Convenient for SME's

Jose V.
Gm

Vorteile: - Ease of use
- Secure
- Great support
- Fast turn around times

Nachteile: - It did not have accounting software integration.

Overall I would reccomend!!

Bewertet am 19.8.2019
Bethany B.
Accouting Coordinator

Vorteile: I love the flexibility and the capabilities it has to control and track each employee's spend.

Nachteile: My least favorite thing about the software it that is does not show exact totals spent on the chart when creating a report, So the numbers never match QB. Assuming that is because there are multiple transactions.

Unexpectedly disabled account

Bewertet am 10.12.2019
Partnerships
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: They didn't ask for any company information when setting up our account. This was different from other competitors we tested at the same time/after who collected company documents, bank statements and did a full credit check to make sure they were comfortable working together. Emburse seems to want to rush you into a trial and then do a check, and just kick you out if you don't pass. They don't communicate what they are checking, what fell short, or ask for anything from you. The setup process seemed too good/easy to be true and it was. It seems Emburse wants to get people in the door and sort 'em out later. They show zero consideration for small businesses. We are very happily and smoothly working with a competitor now who did their due diligence at the start instead of just making black box decisions after you think you are already set with the solution.

Vorteile: The pricing model and ease of use drew us to Emburse. I had a friendly rep who did the demo and gave me a sign up link, and the interface looked good and intuitive. I was able to easily pre-fund my account. When they closed our account unexpectedly, they did refund our payment quickly.

Nachteile: We were only able to spend a few dollars before our account was unexpectedly closed. We found this out when a transaction declined and then we were unable to log in, and reached out to a rep. No communication, even an automated email, informed us.

Great value and support

Bewertet am 11.9.2019
Ed A.
Operations Dir
Rundfunkmedien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Allows employees to manage business expenses with little overhead and administration

Vorteile: Easy to use and set up required information from staff. Support has been very responsive when I have issues.

Nachteile: Reporting function not as strong as it could be (does not export)

Reliable Service, Professional Team

Bewertet am 28.8.2019
Michael D.
Operations Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Convenient, easy to use. The support team is incredibly responsive and helpful in resolving time sensitive situations.

Nachteile: No major complaints, the support team usually does whatever they can to resolve any issues!