Über OBS Studio

Open-Source-Tool für Videoaufzeichnungen und Live-Streaming. Die Lösung bietet Online-Video-/Audioaufnahmen, Filter für Videoquellen und Audiomixer.

Erfahre mehr über OBS Studio

Rookie streamer, if you're reading this and want to take a challenge, download and install OBS right now, it's the best solution for your project if you're on a tight budget.

I did find that if I stopped and restarted a stream on OBS (without closing and reopening OBS), OBS would freeze or crash on an iMac that I was using.

Bewertungen zu OBS Studio

OBS Studio hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,7 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 1.041 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du OBS Studio bereits verwendet?

Nutzerbewertungen filtern (1.041)

Nino
- in Deutschland
Internet, Selbstständig

Bewertung des Programmes OBS Studio

Kommentare: OBS ist ein sehr gutes Programm für Streamer oder Youtuber etc.

OBS ist einfach zu bedienen, verständlich aufgebaut, es gibt mehrere Designs und man kann auch Streamen und Aufnehmen gleichzeitig.

Ich muss ehrlich sagen, ich glaube das ist das erste Programm wo ich keine Nachteile hatte.

Joe
Joe
Content Creator in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

OBS Makes My Non-Profit Stand Out

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Because of its popularity, OBS Studio has a lot of available content on the internet so any questions I have are easily solved with a quick search. I use it to record myself for trainings, to record my screen for multiple reasons, and even to live stream when necessary.

The easy screen recording capabilities allows me to save and edit my training videos and it's easy to understand.

Nothing. OBS is essential software for screen recording, and even live streaming.

steven
Analyst in USA

OBS Studio for The Gaming Podcasters out there

Kommentare: Fun, useful, It doesn't crash nearly as often as other streaming software. If it does crash there is a automatic crash handler that sends the data from the crash to the OBS Dev team for review to help correct and better the software for the next release.

OBS Studio is a free and open-source software suite for recording and live streaming video content. It is widely used by gamers like me as well as other content creators to stream their gameplay or hold their Podcasts on Twitch and a variety of other platforms. OBS Studio is one of the more robust and free screen recorder and streaming suite available for gamers and podcasters, with everything one needs to achieve with some great results. It offers a wide selection of source options and is optimized for games. However, it is wise to get yourself familiarized with the software and experiment as well.

OBS Studio is powerful, customizable, and a resource-friendly solution especially with users on Twitch. However, limitations in advanced editing and streaming functionalities do require additional tools and at times other software to complement the suite that it is. Overall, OBS Studio is a awesome choice for gamers and podcasters who want to stream their gameplay on Twitch and other platforms. OBS offers a wide range of features and is optimized for games, but it can take some time to get familiar with the features, so best to learn and maybe check on a few tutorials.

Jason
Worship and Arts Pastor in USA
Musik, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Free and relatively painless

Kommentare: Overall, I have found this program to be dependable. It runs every week, and I have not had to troubleshoot anything in the program in over a YEAR. That alone is commendable for a program that I run on a weekly basis. I run apple products that need more hands-on management than this program. The interface is not as sleek, but it gets the job done. Give me a little more control over audio and video syncing, and some transition effects, and I would be slamming the #5 stars across the board.

IT IS FREE. May all of my complains and frustrations with this software be safely tucked under the umbrella of a customer who is pleased at the end of the day with a product that is reliable and costs him nothing. That is a miracle and I believe that it is getting easier and easier to use. I love the fact that once I have everything set up in the back end of the program, I can get going with one click. I use this program to record and live-stream our Sunday morning services at Church. On the off-chance that the wifi goes down or something, the ability to continue recording to an external drive has saved us on more than one occasion. It handles the basics such as screen sharing, adding logos, and even some basic audio input options very well. Overall, I am extremely pleased and it made the ability to live-stream in a church of 200 people affordable and attainable.

Set-up was a long process of educating myself with very little reward and no long-term application for the knowledge that I gained. There seems to be certain settings that you need to select for different types of streaming. Having to wade through numerous youtube videos in order to find what I needed specifically, was not fun. I would love for this software to develop presets for different purposes. Most all gamers tend to used the same presets with some variation depending on their individual internet speeds. Why not have a preset for gamers and another preset for bloggers, or live-streamers? I don't think it would take much and with a few basic questions, the program could do a lot of the heavy lifting that makes the back end of OBS a pain to work with. Additionally the interface, while more intuitive than most open-source programs, does leave something to be desired. I often have to click through all of the setting options in order to find specific settings that need adjustment. Also, I have been running into issues with syncing external audio with the video during live streaming. The video buffer seems to be inconsistent, so the audio and video will start out synced and randomly get out of wack.

JACOB
CMO in USA
Grafikdesign, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

This Is One of the Best Tools on The Market

Kommentare: Really good. I use it's for content production and with clients all the time

This is seriously good software openly availabile to the public. It's like a Swiss army knife for capturing and managing digital video. The record quality is considered top of the line, the easy of use is great as a tech enthusiast, and the price is free.

Honestly no complaints, just wish there was more time in the day to try every feature. The live streaming is really good just takes time to set up due to the nature of the service.

Austin
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

OBS Reseller Review

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: As a reseller on online platforms, OBS allows myself to really stand out and have my own content! From being able to use a camera to adding animations or simple images. It gives a good reaction to my viewers. I can crate a space that is all my own.

Free to use, the many options available as in using it for video or screen recording, being able to link imagines and animations using a simple URL link.

It’s a little much to understand at first, if you don’t know much about tech or using URL links it becomes a little difficult.

Joshua
Digital Media Director in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The GO-TO Live Streaming Software

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Our church LOVES using OBS! Though we have grown out of it now, we used it for years when we were first streaming. It made it super easy to live stream, with the ability to add any cameras we wanted, easily switch between them, add any videos, audio, and anything else.

I have no cons! It is free software, but it works like paid software.

Christie
Communiations in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The best free live streaming software.

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

With OBS Studio, you can stream to many services at once and add elements. It isn't as flexible as other options for churches like ProPresenter or ProClaim, but it is free.

OBS's scenes can get hard to manage and organize when you have lots of them.

Jorge
Jorge
Ing in Mexiko
Onlinemedien, Selbstständig

The best in town

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: I use it since its early versions and i must say than i will try other tools but always came back to OBS. It has become one of the most important tool on my daily work flow.

The easy of use, the great tools and be able to work in any OS (Windows, Mac, Linux) and the vast amount of plug inn and add ons.

If you wana get the most of this software you must spend some time learning all the nice tricks and configurations to maximize the result

Rayhann
Volunteer in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

OBS Studio Review

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

I really like it connects to YouTube, so you can start streaming in OBS Studio and not have to worry about streaming over at YouTube, so it's really convenient. Also I like it saves your progress for customizing the thumbnail of the livestream.

One thing that I find quite annoying is how you have to manually press live stream. I don't know if this experience is for everyone, but for me, when I need to stream at a specific time, I have to manually press "Go Live", which is a bit annoying.

Office manager in Frankreich
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Very complete tool for streaming

5,0 vor 2 Wochen Neu

I really like the number of different features there are in OBS.

It might be a bit complicated to use at first, on my end, I had to watch tutorials to fully understand and know how to search for functionalities.

Aniket
Student Researcher in Indien
Forschung, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

The best screen-casting software out there!

Kommentare: OBS Studio has helped me record a lot of my lectures (for the students) very easy! I could record off my camera, screen, windows and the filters help enhance the quality or crop off sections off the recording. This makes my post-recording work almost none! The best part is that its open source and hence, FREE! There is an excellent community that maintain this software and I am nonetheless amazed of what all it has to offer.

The features OBS Studio offers are immense. There are a truck load of features, from recording screens/windows to streaming/broadcasting to adding filters! OBS Studio is efficiently optimized to do its work and doesn't add much to the system load! It is available for all major distributions, like Windows, Mac, Linux and supports all of them flawlessly!

You'll need a manual before starting out with OBS. Although, once you start, it gets pretty intuitive and it gets better by the minute. It would take some time to get accustomed to the UI, but it is a really powerful software, that can literally do anything!

Oussama
Founder & Game Designer in Marokko
Computerspiele, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

OBS Studio Review: Outstanding Free Streaming Tool

Kommentare: Overall, OBS Studio is an outstanding free streaming tool that makes it easy to create and stream professional quality content. The intuitive interface and wide range of features make this software a great choice for any content creator.

OBS Studio is an outstanding free streaming tool that is full of useful features and is incredibly easy to use. It is packed with a wide range of options for streaming, recording and live broadcasting, making it a great choice for content creators. The interface is intuitive and user friendly, allowing you to quickly set up and start streaming with minimal effort. The software is also highly customizable and can be tailored to meet your specific streaming needs.

One negative aspect of OBS Studio is that it can be a bit resource intensive, causing some performance issues and sluggishness on less powerful machines. Additionally, the software can be a bit daunting for beginners, as some of the more advanced features can be difficult to understand.

Aaron
Pastor in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, Selbstständig

Why didn't I know about this sooner!

Kommentare: We had struggled through live streaming using a different studio for several years. We continued to have problems, because with the software we were using they limited us on the quality of the video unless we started to pay a yearly fee. On top of it, we had troubles with bugs in the system. I consulted with other people in our vocation and 90% of them pointed to OBS Studio. Once we started using this software we have never turned back, it was exactly what we needed and it has worked BEAUTIFULLY without any hiccups. We recommend it to everyone who is live streaming their services and concerts.

For live streaming our services, this has become the most valuable software we have ever used in our church and in recording videos. It was simple to set up, easy to use, and other than the occasional user error in the sound room at our church, we have had ZERO problems with this software.

There are features that I would love to be able to use on the software, but not having too many technology inclined people in the church has made some of the features for us useless, but that isn't a negative on your part, it just isn't something we can use at this time.

Christopher
Owner / Designer in Kanada
Design, Selbstständig

The only screen recording app you need

Kommentare: I am an artist and designer and have recorded many time lapse videos, as well as art process videos, wherein I record my screen. That is just scratching the surface too, you can take it so much further. Screen in screen, switching on the fly from one screen to another for live broadcasting, custom overlays and inserts, the list goes on and on! This software is free and incredible. I cannot recommend it enough!

OBS Studio is amazing. First of all it's FREE. But quite honestly it is my go-to for screen recording over my built-in Quicktime screen recorder (on Mac) because of the versatility, quality control, ability to customize, and so many more features.

It can be complicated at first, but there are plenty of online tutorials and guides to get you up and running quickly.

Rundfunkmedien, Selbstständig

The Best Software to do a Professional Produced Broadcasting

I like the ease that this program has in all the settings and all the tools that it has, it is perfect for all the users, from the newest user to the most professional user. First of all, if you're a new user, you have a really simple new useful tool that scans your pc components and your internet connection to do the better configuration for you. In the case that you be a professional in broadcasting or video production, you have open possibilities in this software because there are a lot of plugins on the internet to modify a lot of things inside the software, at last but not less important, it is an open software and you can do anything that you need to do in this software.

So, sincerely I didn't find any cons in this software because is perfect for all the users and I appreciate all the things that could be done in this software.

Content Creator in USA
Unterhaltung, Selbstständig

OBS is great for streaming and recording!

Kommentare: Overall, using OBS has been a really good experience. Once you begin to learn the ropes and get an understanding of what the terms mean and the ways that they can affect streams and recordings, it becomes a very valuable tool for content creation that streamlines a lot of the finer details of a streaming and recording setup and allows one to focus on making content.

OBS is software that really helped to make my streams and recordings really simple to manage. I stream and record most of my gameplay from Xbox One and with OBS I am able to use a simple set up to add personality and flair to my streams. I can also integrate OBS into my operation to stream to places such as YouTube, FaceBook, and Twitch using overlays which aren't provided natively by the Xbox One console which really helps one to stand out amongst other streamers. Set up is relatively easy because the OBS software has features that can detect what you have available and set itself up based on the specifications that it detects. When it comes to recording, using the capture software allows me to add overlays and things such as watermarks to content as it records as well as set up audio options such as microphones and the levels of audio that it records. Getting help is quite simple since there are many forums and other ways to find information and tips online as well as turotials provided by the developers themselves.

What I liked the least about this software was probably trying to understand what some of the options would do once I began to explore the program and options that it offers. Being new to streaming at the time, it was more or less a problem not having a good understanding of how to set things up overall. Once I spent some time browsing forums and the other sources of help regarding OBS, I found that it was pretty easy to understand how to adjust things as I needed to.

Kai
Illustrator/Animator in Australien
Animation, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

An argument for open source software

Kommentare: OBS is the best option for streaming I have used. Any time a website uses its own propriatary streaming software, or an integrated browser extension, I seek out a way to use my favorite settings on obs. Although it is not perfect, most of the issues I've had do have workarounds, mostly on the OBS forums.
Overall, I would enjoy easier integration of twitch alerts, and custom animations, but it is still my platform of choice.

OBS has the widest support for plugins, features and formats to source into a single scene. Coupled with it's grouping feature, it is simple to create scenes that are professional, and high quality. It is also compatible with most any streaming platform, with customizable features, and profile management making the jump between platforms straightforward and easy. Not to mention the integration with the elgato stream deck is amazing, and has allowed me to use OBS in ways it was not originally intended (cue'd premade video assets for a live show)

Sometimes the software has issues, many of which are resolved by restarting the software, but in particular, no matter how hard I try, I can't seem to fully eliminate the CPU overload error. I was having problems with it until a recent re configuring of my desktop PC, but during the issue, I had to rely almost completely on console games captured through the elgato capture card, rather than force modern games to share cpu/gpu with OBS. As mentioned, this has since been mostly resolved, but optimising the program/changing the settings as per the recommended fixes was not as effective as simply altering the host computer. On occasion, a scene I have recently built will become inaccessible and crash obs, leaving me to recreate it under a new name.

Tyler
CEO in USA
Computer-Software, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Powerful, free encoder that anyone can use

Kommentare: This is by far the best free streaming software out there. Works will nearly all hardware and streaming platforms. Needs hardware with a lot of CPU (or GPU) but works well when it gets them.

OBS is an incredibly powerful live streaming (and recording) x264 encoder software with a feature set that rivals some of the biggest names in the space - but all open source, and completely free. The breadth of production capabilities is impressive, including overlays, source/camera switching, source mixing, media file playback, and much more. OBS also has direct integrations with many popular hardware devices and streaming platforms, making setup quick and easy.

Occasionally we have found performance to be an issue, where even on the heftiest hardware the encoding process will still max out resources or drop frames. In addition, it can sometimes be difficult to find certain settings and features (intuitiveness), but this is also rare. Better formal documentation would be helpful, though usually asking a question in the forums will bring a helpful answer.

Stacey
CEO/Developer in USA
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Customized streaming solution on a budget.

Kommentare: OBS provides an excellent way to either stream live demonstrations of software to YouTube, including voice-over audio, picture in picture to provide a talking head view in the corner of the stream. Recording streams allows for editing and uploading video compilations to multiple streaming platforms.

Integrates well with most common streaming platforms from YouTube to Facebook, Twitch and others. Simple user interface allows for quickly getting up and running with streaming or even screen capture. Support for multiple platforms allows for hosting streaming from Linux, Windows and MacOS. The interface is consistent between platforms. Supports both streaming and recording, both individually and simultaneously. Embed picture in picture, picture in video, video in video. Overlay text, graphics or a number of sources controlling placement and visibility. Inputs support webcams, screen capture including window or selection based. Capture game output as well as software demonstrations useful for tutorials as well as demonstrations, all live. Multi-track audio control so you can switch between audio tracks as well as overlay multiple audio tracks, adjusting volume and mix levels. Commercial support available through StreamLabs Prime for a low monthly fee.

Does not support streaming to multiple destination streaming platforms simultaneously unless you have the commercial StreamLabs Prime version. Does not have built-in support for sharing a source input. There are technical methods to do both streaming to multiple streaming destinations through use of the command-line open source tool ffmpeg. You could also split an input source using ffmpeg and use it to feed multiple copies of OBS to stream to multiple destination streaming platform simultaneously, but that method is complicated if you are not familiar with ffmpeg.

Teacher in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

"Okay'' For what it Does

Kommentare: Overall, despite my recent comments, I DO recommend this to other Streamers or content creators. And I know many others that do, too. The program really has enough of a following and dedicated creators that want to keep working with and through problems. The Discord Chat provided and the aid of other content creators has me coming back, working constantly WITH OBS despite its flaws, and looking forward to further improvement. Keep it up! You are doing alright, Team!

I actually enjoy using this program! Sometimes it can get buggy after an update or freezes up when about to use it. But the customer service availability is good, so I feel pretty well supported and put in the right direction if I need help or advice. I use this to Stream on a regular basis for charity, and it's gotten the job done. Sometimes not perfectly, but usually rather tolerable.

Updates can set stream time back at time and it can be tricky to backtrack. So, the unpredictability in that regard can be frustrating.

Stefan
Student in Serbien
Bildungsmanagement, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

OBS/Review

Kommentare: I use this app when playing games to show my friends, sometimes I turn on stream mode when I feel a little lonely in the game or when I am having a little fun.

The program is easy to use, once you have completed the required settings that fit your computer's parameters, it remains to select the broadcast source and broadcast source and then start the process. There is no limit to adding videos and other elements, and it is possible to save a local file to your computer during the stream. The program allows you to select a full-screen mode or a specific area, and you can further control the process by using hot keys, which is very convenient and saves time. Pre-installed popular streaming platforms, including Twitch, are available in OBS settings, but you can manually add addresses and make other changes. Audio is recorded from the microphone and the internal channel of the computer, and it is possible to adjust the volume, for example, to add another background sound.

The disadvantage of the program is the inability to broadcast simultaneously with several resources and incompatibilities with legacy operating systems (Windows XP), as a result of increased functionality, increased power of the computer, but owners of old computers can help the classic version of the software.

Streaming for the masses

Kommentare: I use OBS as a recording and streaming for personal, freelance work, and volunteer work.

OBS is an extremely capable piece of broadcasting software capable of anything from basic recordings to broadcasting on platforms such as Twitch.tv, YouTube, Facebook, or even to a custom streaming server. Configuring OBS is very easy for beginners, with many basic configuration options and even a setup wizard to help you get stream settings configured in minutes. However, if you are an advanced user, there are many options for setting up recording, ingest settings, audio, and hotkeys. Because of the wide range of configuration available in OBS, anything from basic screen capture to professional-level broadcasting using multiple scenes, video sources, and effects are possible. Because of the popularity of OBS, there exists an abundant supply of tutorials, guides, and user support that will help resolve any issues you may encounter when configuring and using OBS.

OBS is still currently being developed, so there may be some features that are not implemented or minor bugs. Because of these issues, OBS may not be the best tool for critical applications compared to similar, paid programs. Additionally, the open source nature of the product means that there is not an official support channel to go to for proper, professional assistance.

Will
Operations Specialist in USA
Tierarzt, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

OBS Studio is great and not just for streaming games!

Kommentare: I have used OBS for years and love that it is constantly changing and evolving. I use it at work and at home and found it to be one of the first programs I install on any computer I use. The fact that it is free makes it even better.

The ease of use is what I like about this product. There are times when I need to customize the layout of what I am trying to record and it's great for putting things in layers. It is easy to set up and start recording or streaming with just a few layers to setup.

The part of OBS that might need a little work, is the "decks". When I stream twitch one of the decks would be stream information. If I close that deck down and try to find it again, it's not easy to find. So I have to close down OBS and reopen.

Brian
Brian
Streamer in USA
Unterhaltungselektronik, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Best Streaming Software on the market

Kommentare: I have a great time using OBS it allows me to stream every day without hitch or spending a dime it's a great software to use.

OBS provides me with literally the best tools for streaming and because it's open-source everyone uses it to build great streaming programs with it.

sometimes different forks of obs have issues that cause problems with other plugins so I avoid testing unverified plugins and forks.