Medisoft

Bewertet am 29.11.2017
Janet G.
Administrator

Kommentare: Economical medical billing software

Vorteile: Its pretty simple to figure out and use. I have never had any formal training from Medisoft and have self taught myself the ins and outs of the software over time. There is not a lot of flexibility in the reports until the most recent versions. The Statements are complicated and definitely not user friendly. However once you learn your way around you can manage.

Nachteile: I feel there could be a lot of reports that would help companies with collections. However, the reports are very limiting. If more of the reports had beginning and ending dates it would be helpful for those that have been using the software for long periods of time and again, the statements need improvement. But I must say for the money, it is not a bad software for the price!

Very Useful for billing purposes

Bewertet am 22.10.2018
Medical Transcriptionist/Documentation Specialist
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Medisoft has really helped us with our billing issues and keeping track of our patients, what they owe, the payments they have made and what the insurance has covered and paid or not paid.

Vorteile: This software was very user friendly. It allows you to keep track of billing, procedures, payments, customers for multiple facilities. It shows what the insurance has paid and also shows their denials. Patient information is easy to store using several factors. Our business used it for all our billing needs and it is a great software when you have multiple accounts that you are doing billing for.

Nachteile: I wish there was a way to connect accounts for various patients. We have several patients that go to different offices, and it would be nice to be able to connect their accounts or link them so when they call about a billing issue we have all the information under the patient and not under separate facilities.

Good but not great

Bewertet am 7.1.2020
Paul B.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It was great for when I used it and it may have great EHR capabilities, I just switched with the times.

Vorteile: When I used this product, I really liked it. However, when it came time to change to a full EHR, they didn't have a great option, so I changed

Nachteile: As I said above, when I wanted to go fully EHR, they didn't have that option, so I switched products.

I miss this ease of use

Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Collections
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I enjoyed using Medisoft and I would use it again if it met my company's needs.

Vorteile: I did collections for the practice that used Medisoft. It was such an easy to use software. I was able to post multiple payments to multiple dates of service on the same screen. I was able to take notes and have them attached to the date of service that it applied to. It was low-tech and high efficiency.

Nachteile: I didn't like that each date of service required a new "page" on the patient's account. Sometimes, it made looking for information a bit tedious. I didn't like that multiple people couldn't look at the same patient's chart at one time. I understand the security behind it, but it was frustrating if you didn't know who it was and they didn't log out. It would lock up the patient's chart and Medisoft wouldn't automatically log them out.

Can be very difficulty to use

Bewertet am 28.11.2017
Raegan F.

Kommentare: The reporting function is nice. The addition of Revenue Management is amazing. Its saved us a ton of time with posting ERA's

Vorteile: The fact that we can build our own reports to show what we need information wise.
We've been on Medisoft for 17 years but the people that worked here before me didnt take the time to learn everything it can do. Im slowly learning to navigate the program myself. The addition of revenue management is nice too to handle the billing and then the posting of the era's.

Nachteile: The appoinment function doesnt work very well. The statements can be hard to handle. It does require some serious training to understand. I would recommend classes or training sessions with your software vendor.

Been using software for billing purposes for close to 16 years.

Bewertet am 18.12.2017
Craig Y.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Ability to process and monitor claims for multiple practices with ease. Simple and quick to post payments and keep accurate AR. Ledger allows to document any follow up notes for a major degree of continuity on open claims and follow ups. Great program.

Vorteile: Easy to use, customizable and excellent for Accounts Receivable, Billing, visit tracking, claims submissions.

Nachteile: Not much negative to say. Can run slow when generating lengthily reports. Requires a tech support contract to get any questions answered which can be costly.

Great program and great customer support

Bewertet am 5.3.2018
Cindy K.
Owner/physician

Vorteile: The program is user friendly. We used this product for 20 years, needed to update in 2014 because of hippa compliance, and decided to go with a highly rated program (at that time) and absolutely hated it. We went back to Medisoft in January of this year and are again pleased. It was also more economical than many of the other software programs we looked at.

Nachteile: Somewhat directing entries to one physician or another with entries and payments.

Very user friendly

Bewertet am 6.12.2017
Rachel S.
Administrative Assistant

Kommentare: We are able to manage our billing and payments in one place.

Vorteile: It is very user friendly and easy to train new employees on. I use it daily for billing and posting payments I would definitely reccomend it for a billing software.

Such a confusing software to me

Bewertet am 26.4.2018
Office Coordinator

Vorteile: Pretty simple to figure out. I didn't have a real training on this product and was able to figure out most of the administrative features on my own. Its pretty self explanatory how to bill a certain visit and see what was done during that visit. Reports are very easy to read.

Nachteile: The whole layout of this software is not user friendly at all. If you miss one thing it could completely keep you from being able to bill a visit. The reports are very limited on what you can run. The software lags a lot and keeps you from being able to sign in at times or process anything. I suggest to do training before switching to this software.

Overall very good!

Bewertet am 12.12.2017
Chelsey R.
Receptionist

Vorteile: What I like most about this software is how it is at organized and time efficient way to keep up with your charges.

Nachteile: What I least like about this software is that sometimes it can be slow and slow down the process of getting things done.

Good if you set up your own system.

Bewertet am 28.2.2018
Certified Medical Reimbursement Specialist

Vorteile: Ability to set up your own system and customize it to the way you need it to be to correctly report all claims correctly.

Nachteile: If not set up properly you are not able to post payments or run reports. A hindrance overall to productivity.