Lucidpress is a versatile online publishing software which is cost-competitive and feature-rich.

Sudhir G.
HR Officer

Vorteile: Lucidpress is a wonderful and dynamic online publishing software resource which caters to every level of need and skill. Lucidpress scores major points in its editing features which also includes uploading your customized fonts. The layout of the features is well spaced out and easy to manage, which helps the designer to seamlessly work without experiencing any hiccups (read: crashes). It is a very cost-effective (cost-competitive) alternative to various desktop publishing software. It has some lovely touches when it comes to embedding things viz. Youtube videos. This is a boon for those who wish to add spice to their online newsletters. It has a wonderful Image Manager (though it would be great if some tweaks such as Folders were added), but it works efficiently nonetheless. The ability to access images from Google Drive, Dropbox and even Flickr gives it wins in this regard. What I TRULY love the most is its ease of use. As a non-regular designer, I needed a good software system to design documents at work and create fliers and newsletters for our local non-profit club without causing a major damage to my pocket. With Lucidpress, I was set up and working on my documents in no time after registering.

Nachteile: The absence of a comprehensive image library. Lucidpress needs to, at least, have a PNG based graphic icons library which users can use in their documents. As it is an online based system, providing Stock images would be a plus. Also, the absence of an app (Android/iOS) with at least basic features.

Easy To Use For Non-Designers

Bewertet am 12.9.2019
Beau K.
Graduate Assistant to the Dean of the Woodbury School of Business
Hochschulbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I love how I can just login to this software online since my Chrome Book cannot download software. I am having a great experience using this.

Vorteile: Since I am a non-designer, it is a very useful application. I like how the creative team can lock certain aspects of a logo so that the brand integrity is always there. Being able to contribute to content creation helps ease the burden on the creative and accelerates overall creativity.

Nachteile: There really isn't much to dislike with this software, it is so useful for our team. I wish I could do more with the software but it is a little to complicated for me.

Solid Publishing Product

Bewertet am 19.11.2019
Travis J.
Director of Development
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This software has been clutch during my time hear. It's helped raise a lot of awareness and resources. Great for semi-pro shop.

Vorteile: - always upgrading (sometimes don't like some of the upgrades though)
- ease of use
- cloud based
- pretty flexible

Nachteile: - not enough cloud storage for true needs without upgrading to level of service that we don't need any other features for
- could have better tutorials to help new users get started (video walkthroughs, etc)
- sometimes updates make work more difficult
- needs to allow customization for default features
- I hate that I can't use arrows to scroll through fonts

Lucidpress

Bewertet am 9.5.2019
Junior Graphic Designer
Verlagswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall Lucidpress gets the job done and is a good resource for someone just starting out or looking to do some quick designing. I wouldn't recommend it to more affluent designers, but newbies should certainly consider adding it to their tool belt of programs.

Vorteile: Lucidpress is a good resource for basic level design rendering with a clean and simple user interface. It gets the job done. The company offers a free demo as well so you can do some basic testing of functionality before committing to spending money on it. The ease-of-use is a prominent feature that makes it a great tool for designers and non-designers alike. I would highly recommend this to people looking to do their own design work on a very basic level.

Nachteile: There is unfortunately a very limited selection of free templates to use and no library of icons or stock graphics to pull from. It limits and inhibit users some in the process. It would be a great feature to consider adding to make the software more worth the money.

Been using Lucidpress for nearly two years and it has been a wonderful experience.

Bewertet am 16.6.2017
Linh L.
Social Worker
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Getting paid.

Vorteile: Lucidpress is a great online-based software for those who cannot download software on their computers. As a chromebook user, it was a handy tool for me to create, edit and download PDFs I have created. I created things from flyers to presentations to postcards. Easy to use and simple to use. Lucidpress is great to use when you need basic editing tools from Adobe InDesign.

Nachteile: More features! Lucidpress should use more work on the picture editing tool. Some of the brightness and contrast doesn't work too well, so I prefer to do simple editing on Photoshop for my brightening needs on photos.

Beautiful Template Designs!

Bewertet am 28.4.2019
Hanah S.
Freelance Writer
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Kommentare: This site is perfect for creative people and people who just need help getting something done. They can make simple event pamphlets or even simple business cards. There are a variety of options. I needed a site a few months ago to help me with my posts and blog newsletters. This site allowed me to create and I was able to work on my projects with no issue. I am glad I found this site and it’s helped me with my creative process as well. Simple and affordable prices as well.

Vorteile: This site has to be one of my top favorites. I love how I am able to create so many different visual projects with this site. I have blog posts and writer posts that I create daily. I also work on newsletters and this site helps me get each assignment done. I love how I have so many choices in templates and I can create with each template design. I especially love the book template designs and the newsletter template designs. I also enjoy being creative with each one and it’s not overly time-consuming. I get to be free with what I am trying to do. I like how each button I need to work on my designs is on the left side of the page and very easy to get to. I love how I can go to my recent document section without a problem and I love the option of being able to upload my own images for each project. I love the amount of storage space offered and that’s a good amount for me. My user settings are broken down and easy to understand. Finally my other favorite thing about this site is that I am able to connect with Microsoft and also Google Drive.

Nachteile: I dislike only one thing about this site. I don’t like how there are only two free templates to work with when you are working on a book cover. It would be nice to have at least a few more .I know it’s the free version I have been using for a while, but it would be nice to have more.

I've used LucidPress for professional projects like posters, business cards, and graphics. Awesome.

Bewertet am 18.6.2017
Mark B.
Writer

Vorteile: Ease of use. Everything pops. Lots of versatility and storage. When I create posters and flyers they look professional, more than professional. They grab attention, and I didn't have to attend 30 hours of online courses in learning to use complicated software.

Nachteile: I'd like to see the ability to "flatten" PDFs for printing. Printers have come back to me with questions regarding fonts, graphics, etc. that aren't embedded. I've encountered one or two glitches in a final printed product that resulted from non-flattened transparencies. I don't have Adobe's suite of products (and don't want to pay for or learn to use them), that's the whole point of using a product like LucidPress. Please get that "flatten" feature working!!!

I love the user-friendliness of the program, my documents look great without tons of hours poured in

Cassie R.
Graphics Designer/Newsletter Editor

Vorteile: It's easy to add and manipulate graphics and text. The upload font upgrade is well worth it to have more options. Customer support is good too and they are always upgrading the services and experience

Nachteile: I don't like the storage system. If you upload a photo and use it four times, the storage counts it against your account each individual time. That can chew up a lot of space

I love this! I am an art teacher and I use it to design all of my handouts. So easy to use!

Bewertet am 22.6.2017
Sarah C.
Art Teacher

Kommentare: Make handouts every day!

Vorteile: Easy, great fonts, and design options. It is so nice that the photos are stored right on the site. I also love that it is through a webpage and I can access it anywhere.

Nachteile: I purchased for space but it fills up very quickly! I also don't like that if you delete a photo from the photo storage it deletes it from your document!

Lucidpress makes creating graphics/marketing materials for our church a breeze!

Bewertet am 21.2.2018
Adam M.
Pastor

Vorteile: As a pc-turned-mac user, finding an easy to use software to create promo/marketing was hard- I was used to using Publisher--and had never settled on a similar program on our mac computers. Options seemed pretty pricy--until I discovered Lucidpress. Now, we can quickly create clean and professional looking materials for our church's programs and events. Very affordable, and very helpful. The entire experience of using Lucidpress is easy to use. All buttons are intuitive and feel very natural to use--especially as a former publisher user. It gives a variety of options for saving/printing--and the onboard templates are a huge time-saver. Pick a template, customize as needed, and away you go. Very fast process, and the end product looks amazing and communicates our messages well.

Works for me!

Bewertet am 5.12.2018
Heather O.
Managing partner
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I need good quality graphics for my small online store. I don’t have a designer on payroll, so having an easy to use solution like Lucidpress is awesome.

Vorteile: I love how easy it is to use and how many templates are available.

Nachteile: I wish there were more fonts available without an upgrade to the premium plan.

I love Lucidress

Bewertet am 13.1.2019
Rand L.
Executive Director
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I find Lucidpress so easy to use. A few years ago, I was actively looking for an online application to make flyers and posters to market my business. I couldn't find anything and I thought I might have to develop it myself. It seemed like such a necessary product. Then I suddenly stumbled upon Lucidpress. It was exactly what I was looking for. With just a few mouse clicks, a novice like me can make a professional looking flyer, saving me hundreds of dollars at a time.

Nachteile: Every once in a while, I select a feature that is only available if I upgrade to a premium subscription.

Lucidpress brings functionality and a modern quality to the publications we create.

Bewertet am 15.6.2017
Ashley F.
Communications Manager
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This software helped us modernize our publications. Instead of "flat" print pieces, we can now create interactive publications. We utilize this especially for our quarterly publication providing YouTube videos, photo galleries, links to resources our members may have missed. I also love that if something was incorrect, all I need to do is fix it and republish it and no one else would know.

Vorteile: The software is extremely intuitive. We utilize Lucidpress for a quarterly publication and it is extremely easy to create templates or copy older files in order to keep branding consistent throughout. I like the variety of things you can create and like that their are some loaded templates if you want a basis to start from.

lucidpress document and image editing online software

Bewertet am 9.1.2019
Lawrence C.
Essen & Trinken, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: branding, social media.
We use it also with other applications like Vistaprint for printed media.
we find it very easy to use, and are very happy with the quality. We feel it's good value for money, but doesn't replace a professional graphic design service.
Really liked being able to use a free version to get the hang of the software. we then chose to go with the upgraded (paid) version.

Vorteile: very easy to use image editing software with some great features ... like being able to upload and store a bank of images, easy to use options for sharing and working on projects and a nice in-between option as far as complexity and quality is concerned. I'd say it is ideal for folks that something like Adobe Photoshop or InDesign is overkill, yet need the more tools and resources that you may fond with most online (either free or paid) apps / software.

Nachteile: not being able to access all (or at least more) fonts despite using a paid version.

Easiest Program Ever

William S.
Editor
Öffentliche Sicherheit, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has made the creation of our monthly magazine much easier than ever before.

Vorteile: LucidPress is easy to learn and easy to use. It helps me create a magazine of sometimes as much as 30+ pages in only a few days. It is also very adaptable. It is so easy to add or subtract pages, I don't know how I ever got along without it!

Nachteile: The only real 'con' I can thing of is the image manager. All of the images I have ever used (lots!) are stored from earliest to most recent in the manager with no apparent way to categorize them or archive them by subject.

Intuitive, easy to use, nice results.

Bewertet am 2.3.2019
Maggie G.
CEO/Producer,Writer,Director
Unterhaltung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Before finding and using lucidpress, I was never completely satisfied with the professional look of my television series Bibles. Lucidpress solved those concerns.

Vorteile: I found lucidpress to be easy to use, the functionality was very intuitive, I was also very satisfied with the fact that I can upload my own pictures with ease. This was my first experience with lucidpress I used it for a television series Bible and so far the reactions and feedback has been very positive.

Nachteile: So far I have not run into any cons. Lucid is easy to use.

Lucidpress design champ

Bewertet am 28.9.2019
Belinda M.
Writer
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Kommentare: .I used this software severally when I first started writing and I must say, its one of the best design softwares out there. it made it less complicated and also fun creating the content I wanted for my presentations and even my writing.

Vorteile: Firstly, I'd like to say, I appreciate how easy it is to work on and how it allows me be more creative with my brand designs. I have used the software severally to design flyers and even the cover for one of my books. it is a very great tool for content creators and even office personnel.
“With its awesome wide variety of templates, you can easily create your wonderful ideas.

Nachteile: I tried using it on my Android phone but couldn't. Apparently, you can only use it on a PC and that is a limitation to me because there are times when I don't have my PC close bye and I need to quickly work on my phone and I can't access the software on my phone.

Amazing design software

Greg R.
Owner/Publisher
Verlagswesen, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Easy for a novice like me to design pages

Vorteile: I could not get a handle on InDesign, far to complicated if you didn't start with them in the beginning. I had to hire a designer for my digital publication. I found LucidPress and I'm a designer! So EASY to use.. I create amazing pages for my publication theblueupright.com a fly fishing catalog.. Just try it!

Nachteile: Would like to embed video's on the pages, not link. Would like to be able to separate documents. also would like an easier way to renumber pages.

A game changer for design needs

Bewertet am 19.6.2018
Mark R.
Eventservice

Kommentare: A very powerful, yet cost effective tool for my DTP and page layout needs. A top notch tool for creating marketing materials.

Vorteile: pretty much everything. It is a powerful DTP and page layout tool that gives you many features in a cloud based solution. The app is quick and speedy. Very robust. included templates are quality.

Nachteile: Lack of an app to be able to function using my ipad. Strictly limited to pc or mac. In todays age, mobility is crucial and lucid press needs to get the ability to function on an ipad.

Great Program

Bewertet am 17.1.2019
Emily G.
Office Employee
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I love that I found a program that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, and that is easy enough to figure out that I can use to produce an online magazine. This is still a rather new venture for me. I have no experience with this type of software and being able to figure it out on my own has been educational and useful.

Vorteile: I like that it is mostly pretty simple to use and figure out. Not having training in any sort of publishing software, this is a very good quality.

Nachteile: There are a couple things that are difficult to figure out sometimes. Maybe it just requires some tinkering and research on my part, but I would like to be able to have template pages to copy more easily, and have an easier way to add, delete, organize, and find the images I use.

Lucidpress has been a great solution for our small non-profit.

Jodi S.
Director of Communications
Non-Profit-Organisation Management

Kommentare: Intuitive interface

Vorteile: I feel like Lucidpress is pretty intuitive to use. There hasn't been a huge learning curve. Like that we can store our brand colors, fonts etc.

Nachteile: We hoped to be able to convert Publisher files, but we are not able to do that at this time. We have had to recreate those documents.

This is the most easy program to create just about anything you need. I cant live without it.

Bewertet am 19.6.2017
Christa T.
Administrative Assistant
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I was able to create and publish a product that look like it came out of a Print House.

Vorteile: The pros is it is simple to use and their customer service rocks! I love the alignment and centering tools. I love the freedom with using shapes and overlaying text.. I love the storage space for all your images.

Nachteile: I would say at first it was printing double sided copies, but Lucid Press customer service taught me the walk around it.

Lucidpress is the best Publishing Platform I've ever used

Bewertet am 13.1.2019
Shereen G.
Administrator
Informationsdienst, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have done flyers, brochures, door hangers, business cards, and was starting a magazine for a ministry until they flaked out here recently. If I had more clients to work with, I'd be full-on with LucidPress as I enjoy using it for nearly everything.

Vorteile: I go a long way back, but this is, by far, the most user-friendly ever. I used to use Microsoft Publisher and all of that from back in the day, but this is one of the most USER-FRIENDLY ever.

Nachteile: Wish I had more clients so I can keep my subscription at all times.

It's been a great experience, easy to work with, lots of cool templates, possibilities are endless.

Bewertet am 15.6.2017
Sophie B.
Creative Manager
Kunst & Handwerk, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am now able to create professional and visually appealing documents and promo material. I've been able to do it myself instead of outsource.

Vorteile: I love all the templates and ability to download your own fonts, images, etc I use it for everything. I create flyers, posters, portfolios, catalogs.

Nachteile: Sometimes when working on large pieces it takes forever to download and gets super slow. I wish it would be compatible with photoshop.

Overall I love Lucidpress but when you use it for making magazines or big files, it freezes up.

Bewertet am 18.6.2017
Shelly R.
Business Owner

Vorteile: It's easy to use and I love that all of the dimensions for social media are pre-set. I know everything I do is the right size.

Nachteile: It freezes when making big files so when making magazines or something with several pages, it's very frustrating.