4,7 /5
    4,7 /5
    4,8 /5

Über Boardable

Eine Software-Plattform, die die Vorstands-Erfahrung verwandelt, dank der Verbindung von Freiwilligen und einer Vereinfachten Kommunikation.

Erfahre mehr über Boardable

Danielle S.
Executive Director
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen
  • Bewertet am 29.1.2018

"Boardable has greatly improved the way I work with my Board of Directors"

Kommentare: The most impactful thing this software has allowed me to do is mobilize my board members more effectively to make faster and more well-informed decisions.

Vorteile: I love how easy it is to keep my core members informed. I also love that I can segment them based on committee's or initiatives to keep the 'lines clear' on only information pertinant to what they're involved in.

Nachteile: The company is still young; I would love to have better API integrations but I'm sure those are in the development pipeline.

• Bewertet am 29.1.2018
Darcy L.
Past President
  • Bewertet am 14.5.2020

"Game Changing for Operational Efficiency and Nonprofit Impact"

Kommentare: Prior to using Boardable, our organization had disparate file storage systems and multiple channels of communication. This negatively impacted our ability to operate efficiently, and collect and analyze data. Additionally, every year we have changes on our Board of Directors (people phasing in and out). This meant information was sometimes lost, and we were consistently re-inventing the wheel. Boardable has allowed us to create sustainability for our organization, be more organized and efficient, collaborate more efficiently, and (most importantly) have a greater impact in our community.

Vorteile: Boardable is extremely user-friendly and easy to use. It's easy to onboard new members and get them up-to-speed quickly. Additionally, customer-informed improvements roll out on a consistent basis, which shows that Boardable not only takes customer feedback seriously, but that they're consistently looking to make it more impactful and easy to use. The ability to streamline things like communications and file storage has had a huge positive impact on operational efficiency and accountability.

Nachteile: There's nothing we don't like. We've consistently provided feedback and it has always been addressed.

von Board Management Software an 18.5.2020

Darcy, thank you for the review! We so enjoy working with you and your board. Keep up the great work, we are always here for you. Jeb

• Bewertet am 14.5.2020
Peggy H.
Executive Assistant
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 21.10.2020

"Boardable – You make it easy and you listen!"

Kommentare: Wonderful customer service

Vorteile: I like the Calendar and ease to receive documents

Nachteile: Minute taker - I use standard wordprocessing for my minutes.

von Board Management Software an 23.10.2020

Peggy, thank you so much for the kind words and for taking the time to leave this detailed review. This review made our day! We look forward to working together more in the future.

• Bewertet am 21.10.2020
Albert F.
DFO
Philanthropie, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.4.2018

"It's 4 AM in San Francisco, but work hours somewhere and the site seems to be down"

Vorteile: Very accessible, easy to use. Site has been up five of the last six times I've tried to access the in the last couple of weeks.

Nachteile: Website is inaccessible; appears to be down but no way to tell. Fortunately, the Board Meeting is not later today and will have time to update. Board meetings are probably pretty important for you too, so it would be good to check on uptime statistics, especially in the time zones where you work, before moving relying on this platform.

von Jeb an 3.5.2018

Albert, thank you for your feedback. We recently launched a new website and did have some downtime. Although we did not log any product (app.boardable.com) downtime, our marketing website (boardable.com), which has a link to login to the product, was down for some time during the launch. We notified Boardable account owners in advance of the possible disruption but it appears the communication that went out wasn't sufficient. As such, we have reviewed our advance communication process. Thank you for your user experience feedback; it's highly valuable to us as we grow and improve our processes. Thank you for being a Boardable customer and I appreciate your kind words about its ease of use. Jeb Banner, CEO, Boardable

• Bewertet am 26.4.2018
Kristin J.
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 16.10.2020

"Boardable is a great product for organizing our team"

Kommentare: So far so good; overall we are liking it.

Vorteile: This software helps keep our busy team organized on the board and the various committees they each work on. It's great for organizing meetings, and assigning tasks to the members of the team.

Nachteile: The biggest con for us it that you cannot have additional controls within the administrative role. So, for example the junior staff administrators can see all confidential materials (financials, HR-related discussions) that the senior administration needs access to. The only way to avoid this is to not make them an administrator, but it means the CEO is then busy with some of the administrative tasks (adding/removing people and creating groups) that would best be assigned to a more junior administrator.

von Board Management Software an 22.10.2020

Thank you so much for your review. We're delighted to hear that Boardable is keeping your busy team organized and that you like the tool. We would love to hear more about your experience with groups so that we can use your valuable feedback to deliver an even better experience. Please reach out to samantha@boardable.com with any further comments or suggestions you wish to share. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our business!

• Bewertet am 16.10.2020
Cathy A.
Consultant
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 27.6.2019

"Break the ridiculous email chains: move your board to Boardable"

Kommentare: As a consultant who works with several nonprofits at a time, I really needed a way to stop the email madness. Too many of the boards I work with struggle with being responsive to each other and I am more and more convinced that the problem is more related to email than to people being too busy or over committed. Once it is built out, Boardable has everything a person needs to fulfill their board obligations in one location. It is well-organized and attractive to look at, allowing the board member to focus on their responsibility itself, rather than on just all the time generating and answering email. I convinced two of my boards to try it and it took quite a bit of effort to get everyone past their resistance and using the system, but with leadership from those who were eager to learn, we eventually got it working well. Another thing we had to do was to project the Boardable screen on the wall in the boardroom so others could follow along that way. Two thumbs up for the customer service team. They were delightful in chats, phone calls and trainings. Very helpful.

Vorteile: Boardable is a web portal designed to support the governance function of nonprofit boards of directors. By logging in, a board member can find all of their documents, prepare for meetings, engage in between-meeting discussions, co-write documents, assign tasks, schedule meetings and events and more. It is all in one location and very well organized.

Nachteile: Getting everyone from the team to log in, take some training, and start using it. Some people still resist, which creates extra work for everyone. I do not know what the software makers could do to improve this.

• Bewertet am 27.6.2019
Katy K.
Director of Regional Affiliates
  • Bewertet am 30.9.2019

"User friendly product"

Vorteile: We work with a diverse range of 200 users from many backgrounds and experiences so a user friendly system was important. When researching different board management products, many were complicated. Boardable offered a great system at a great value that is easy for our users.

Nachteile: Sometimes there are quite a few clicks for an administrator to get items where they need to go.

• Bewertet am 30.9.2019
Darcy L.
Director of Accounts and Business Development
  • Bewertet am 11.5.2018

"Game-changing for Boards"

Vorteile: Centralized communication has been key to moving our organization forward. It's helped with accountability and tracking, and allows us to communicate between board meetings. Polls are great for gathering feedback, etc.

Nachteile: I want to be able to use Boardable for my committee functions as well. We have started to do this, but find the feature set is limited. I believe this could be fixed by changing the way we look at member, observer, and administrator. In other words, I want my committee members to have member-level access but only within their defined group. As it stands, committee members can't assign meetings, upload files, etc. because they are limited by their user status. Also, file storage can get hairy. There should be more instructions on storing files, attaching them to meetings, access, etc.

• Bewertet am 11.5.2018
Gilles A.
Legal and Admin. Manager
Vermögensverwaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

"Great solution"

Kommentare: Very easy to use! Very complete!

Vorteile: Boardable is exactly what my company needed. Great for shared agenda, documents, group meetings with shared documents, etc...

Nachteile: It's very "American" and not very "European".
E.g. the dates are complicated for us Europeans... 04/11 is not the same as 11/04. And a meeting at 6 is not the same as a meeting at 18h.

von Board Management Software an 22.10.2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. We're thrilled to know that you would strongly recommend Boardable. Your feedback about localization helps us get better. Please feel free to contact me directly at samantha@boardable.com if you have any other suggestions you would like to share with our team. Again, thank you for choosing Boardable!

Jarron S.
Immobilien, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 20.10.2020

"Perfect for our busy and active association!"

Kommentare: It's awesome. My board members and committee chairs love the ease of use and having all their board and committee info in one place. They wanted a meeting calendar feature that allowed us to sync and keep them in the loop easily. This works perfectly.

Vorteile: Meetings can sync with our volunteers' calendars. Makes it easy to keep them up to date and aware of opportunities. I also enjoy being able to make adjustments to meeting agendas and documents without sending additional emails. Prevents confusion and makes my life easier.

Nachteile: I am having issues loading multi-day events and having those sync in calendars correctly. The first day doesn't show up, so I end up just loading each day separately.

von Board Management Software an 22.10.2020

Jason, thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. We're thrilled that you think Boardable is perfect for your team and that it's making your life so much easier. Your business means a lot to us, so if you ever have additional feedback, please don't hesitate to reach l at samantha@boardable.com. You mention an issue with multi-day events, and I will investigate and make sure we do better on that front. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our business!

Kathleen M.
Executive Assistant to the Bishop
  • Bewertet am 7.6.2019

"Revolutionize your Board Meetings with Boardable!"

Kommentare: We are the business office for an Episcopal bishop. Boardable has revolutionized how we communicate with our governance bodies. All board members are volunteers. Many have full time careers. They appreciate the ease of use and efficiency of Boardable. No paper mailings, no postage , no worries about forgetting to bring your meeting packet, the ability to reference and view documents from a previous meeting, creating task lists and conducting polls for an unexpected urgent meeting have been invaluable to us. The majority of our boards fall under my purview as the bishop's executive assistant. I can't say enough about the amount of time it saves me managing all these various groups.

Vorteile: Boardable is an efficient, organized, and effective tool to manage governance bodies. Currently we are managing six separate governance bodies and expect to add several more soon. Best features include agenda builder, ability to write your personal notes and reminders in the agenda for your eyes only, meeting minute template, attaching documents directly in the agenda, pooling feature, and, most importantly, it serve as an excellent document repository. We've established "best practices" for administrators and end users. It has been well received and board members appreciate it's ease of use and efficiency. Tech support is extremely helpful and very responsive. The Boardable team is always open to our idea and suggestions.

Nachteile: One limitation for our use is the inability to have different titles and terms when a person serves on multiple boards. Having the ability to format our own documents would be helpful as well.

• Bewertet am 7.6.2019
Crystal G.
Founder, President and CEO
  • Bewertet am 21.9.2017

"This is a great tool that eliminates the need to send lots of documents to Board members."

Kommentare: The software reduced communications, hunting for documents and collecting Board votes for online voting. I like it a lot.

Vorteile: The Boardable platform is great for several things.
1. It eliminates the need to send emails and attachments to Board members in the hopes that they will get them all and read them all before the meeting.
2. It cuts down on problems a lot of Board members face at larger corporations with blocked file sharing tools like Box, Dropbox or Google Drive. This isn't an issue because it's out on a server.
3. It cuts down on so much wasted paper from Board packets. Rather than print things out and then toss them after each meeting, Board members can now be responsible for reading and accessing their own Board information.
4. It keeps a record of Board attendance, Board votes and Board meeting documents, all sorted nicely.
5. You can do online voting between meetings - known as polls.

Nachteile: I think there are some opportunities for some small design changes, and some opportunities to add in other tools that would make sense like screenshare, conferencing, committee communications, etc. Having said that, I like this tool enough that I have recommended it to other non-profits in the area, and do speak highly of it frequently. I think it's got legs to be something pretty great with a few more iterations.

• Bewertet am 21.9.2017
Carol S.
Vice Chair, Board of Directors; Chair of Development Committeee; grant writer
Bürgerliche & soziale Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 13.3.2018

"It has streamlined our board communications and document storage in one convenient place for board meetings and committee communications."

Kommentare: I love this software; it has eliminated the need for dozens of emails before a board meeting. It is only a little over a year old, so they are still perfecting it and are very responsive to questions, requests for help and are open to users requests for changes in the way they do things.

Vorteile: The ability to announce meetings of any kind, attach all documents in the board packet to the meeting and giving the board the ability to respond if they will attend.
Can create multiple committee folders in the Document Center
Can limit accessibility to some folders
Has a People Directory for your board and can add photos and personal information
Can download from your hard drive, Dropbox. Google Drive, and One Drive to a meeting
Unlimited storage capacity

Nachteile: So far can attach only one document at a time; they are changing this to multiple document attachments
If a document is attached to a meeting and you want to store it in the Document Center, you can't. You have to attach it again.
Can only download from your computer to the Document Center, not the cloud drives.
Limit of 20 users.

• Bewertet am 13.3.2018
Tiffany B.
Account Manager/Board Administrator
  • Bewertet am 22.6.2018

"Simple and Easy to Use"

Vorteile: I love how Boardable has everything we need in one place. I really like using the scheduler to find a meeting date instead of having to us another program to do that. They are constantly evolving and building enhancements to the software making it very easy to use and intuitive. I like the security features that allow each group to only see information pertaining to their particular group. This helps to ensure that sensitive documents are secure within the software. Members of our board love how the software is self-explanatory and easy to navigate through. The transition from our old software was very well received because of this.

Nachteile: There are still a couple enhancements that I would like to see, but their customer service team is very open to hearing new ideas that will ultimately help everyone using the software.

• Bewertet am 22.6.2018
Mechele H.
Director of Administration
Medienproduktion, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.9.2019

"Great product for all levels of users!"

Kommentare: Overall, Boardable has been a great asset to our organization in helping to streamline communications. No regrets!

Vorteile: This product has streamlined not only our board meetings and materials, but across the organization it has become a tool for internal meeting groups. The best thing about Boardable is that it is super user friendly no matter what the technology comfort level might be. Also, with a larger board, this product has made ease of access to information readily available without having to search through multiple files or reach out to request information.

Nachteile: There really is not a significant con as Boardable is always enhancing or bringing on new features.

von Board Management Software an 3.10.2019

Mechele, thank you so much for your review! We really value having you and WFYI as Boardable customers. Jeb Banner, CEO

• Bewertet am 26.9.2019
Max S.
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.6.2019

"Beautifully thought-out software"

Kommentare: From the sales process to Tech Support/Customer Service, they have been fantastic.

Vorteile: We have been using Boardable for a year now. It is incredibly easy to use, and has a clean, uncluttered interface. When our CEO started using it to create meetings, agendas, and documents, I expected a lot of questions to help her through the process. Instead, she immediately was able to use it without help. It's that intuitive. Almost all of our board members signed up right away; they are now able to see meeting documents *before* they show up at the meeting. The phone app is still new, but so far I'm very impressed.

Nachteile: No complaints. Boardable does not have all the bells and whistles of some of their competition, but we're a local not-for-profit. We don't need those features (nor do we wish to pay for them).

• Bewertet am 26.6.2019
Consultant
Politische Organisation, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.5.2019

"Boardable as a group connection tool"

Kommentare: I've been consulting with a board that is trying to become more board-driven. This tool has been very useful for setting up responsibilities and tracking meeting dates/times. It's helped tremendously with the board's monthly phone conference; having all the documents in one place attached to the right spot on the agenda is great! Sometimes it's a struggle to get people to complete surveys, but that happens with any board. I have sometimes had trouble finding features on the site. I will say customer service has been quite responsive.

Vorteile: It's a good central place to keep information. It's nice to see who has RSVPed or filled out a survey about setting a meeting date without scanning through emails.

Nachteile: Some parts of the website are not intuitive. Board members who are not computer savvy tend to stay off the site, and some who are skilled still can't easily find all the features.

von Board Management Software an 30.5.2019

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the feedback on the usability. We are about to launch our iOS and Android apps and we hope that they help address any usability issues that your board members might have. And please keep the feedback coming, we regularly update Boardable and appreciate any and all feedback. - Jeb Banner, CEO, Boardable

• Bewertet am 29.5.2019
Lucia D.
VP, Technology & Operations
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.9.2017

"Boardable software is so easy to work with for our users and volunteers. It's priced right for NFPs."

Kommentare: Saves a lot of time for our team members in preparing meeting packets and sending communications for our Board and volunteer committees. Boardable helps to keep us better organized and is easy for our volunteers to interface with our organization and with each other.

Vorteile: Boardable team is very open to our suggestions for enhancements. They have been a great partner to work with to improve functionality of the app. We explored many different volunteer management software systems but most were not affordable since we operate on a very tight budget. Boardable was priced right and is saving our team lots of time that used to be spent on a manual process preparing for Board and committee meetings. Since starting with Boardable we have discovered a few other programs that easily benefit from using Boardable's functionality. Boardable is a great tool to use for collaboration with external partners.

Andrew B.
Director of Investments
Kapitalmärkte, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 12.6.2018

"Boardable has made organizing board activity incredibly successful."

Kommentare: Easier board management and consolidation of processes.

Vorteile: Lots of features that are incredibly functional. Calendar is very clean and easy to use specifically when it comes to checking who has replied yes to the meeting invite. Polls are helpful when tracking board decisions. File management is incredibly useful when giving access to Board members to past files and minutes. We also upload audio files of past meetings making it incredibly easy for members that miss meetings to stay engaged. Easy to control members and invites easily adding groups to calendar invites and sharing files.

Nachteile: With most upstart tech companies they are building the software through customer recommendations. Which means the product is a work in progress and does not have total functionality right now. They are doing a great job updating and adding features but it takes time.

• Bewertet am 12.6.2018
Dione C.
General Manager
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 28.9.2019

"Must have software for Board organization"

Vorteile: We reviewed a number of platforms before we committed to boardable and top features included, document storage and organization, ability to perform polls for a quick response from the board members, ease of use, mobile app and calendar integration.

Nachteile: For us, the only inhibiting factor is the cost. We were able to qualify for the non-profit rate which helped, however, it would be the only reason the organization would ever discontinue use would be based purley on if there was room in the budget.

• Bewertet am 28.9.2019
Heather N.
Vice President of Operations
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 22.10.2020

"Boardable for Non Profits"

Kommentare: Besides using this to communicate and organize our board, we also use this software for team meetings, committee meetings, etc.

Vorteile: The easy organization abilities and ability to pull things quickly from previous meetings recurring.

Nachteile: It took a little time to get used to and I still do not feel I am using all the features I could but plan to continue learning.

von Board Management Software an 26.10.2020

Heather, thank you so much for your review. I'm glad to know that Boardable helps you pull things together quickly for your recurring meetings. Great work leveraging the tool with team and committee meetings. I'm here to help as you continue learning. Please feel free to email me at samantha@boardable if you would like to organize a group training to review your new features.

• Bewertet am 22.10.2020
John W.
Property & Administration Manager
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 15.10.2020

"Boardable Review"

Kommentare: Very good.

Vorteile: As we have moved to a paperless office Boardable has proven to be an excellent programme in support of that strategy. During Covid-19 lockdown, numerous scheduled Trustee meetings were able to be conducted online, through the use of Boardable.

Nachteile: It takes some time to get used to its functionality.

von Board Management Software an 22.10.2020

John, thank you very much for your review. We're glad to hear that Boardable has proven to be an excellent program helping you move paperless. Thank you also for your feedback about functionality. We value your input and recently launched a Boardable Academy to help new members learn about our features quickly: https://boardable.com/academy/

• Bewertet am 15.10.2020
Zachary A.
Community Relations & Events Manager
  • Bewertet am 20.9.2017

"Boardable is such a user-friendly software. It really helps organize and streamline communication."

Vorteile: Boardable allows members to communicate in between meetings, which means that work isn't solely done at meetings, but also in the interim. Everything is only one or two clicks away and new users are able to access all the content they need through the easily navigable system. Instead of clogging up your inbox, communication is archived through the Boardable platform. Working with other board management software, Boardable is by far the most user-friendly and attractive to use.

Nachteile: Because Boardable hasn't even been up and running for even a year, sometimes bugs occur. However, the Boardable team is always so quick and diligent about responding to feedback and improving their product to make it the most efficient, most impactful software for its clients.

• Bewertet am 20.9.2017
Kate S.
Executive Director
  • Bewertet am 18.9.2017

"Love having our Board documents, reports, minutes, attendance all organized in one place!"

Vorteile: It's brilliant to create a central place for all board members to have access to everything they need to be a successful and active part of any board. The platform also provide a great way for boards to communicate without drowning in the email ocean.

Nachteile: As a nonprofit, we are frugal with our well earned dollars. Although, I see great benefits to using Boardable, this is an added expense for our organization.

Operations Manager + Executive Assistant
Umweltdienstleistungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.9.2019

"Affordable way to centralize Board Communications"

Kommentare: Boardable was by far the most affordable yet high quality product we looked at when evaluating board software. There's been good support but I haven't really needed it - it's an intuitive software.

Vorteile: This is a dream for keeping your board communications centralized. As a board liason, I used to send many nagging emails -- now Boardable sends reminders and when asked for documents I can say, "That's in Boardable!" ... better yet, I can link directly to those documents without downloading them. I took minutes using their tool during a meeting for the first time this week and loved that you can enter either a note, a task, or a decision -- then tasks and decisions are summarized at the end. Fantastic.

Nachteile: You can't set a time zone specific to a meeting, which is challenging for us because we have meetings in different locations throughout the year.
I'm still learning to use the minutes management so I can't speak to that yet.

von Board Management Software an 1.10.2019

Thank you for your review and feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to let us know what you think of Boardable. Thank you for being a customer, Jeb Banner, CEO

• Bewertet am 27.9.2019