Screencastify Bewertungen

von Screencastify

Über Screencastify

Nimm HD-Screencasts in deinem Chrome-Browser auf, bearbeite und teile sie. Erstelle fesselnde Produkt-Demos, Tutorials, UX-/UI-Tests und vieles mehr.

Erfahre mehr über Screencastify

Russell P.
Teacher, Consultant
E-Learning, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 14.2.2019

"I love Screencastify!"

Kommentare: I am extremely pleased with how simple it has been to use Screencastify.
I've been able to record screen recordings that can be quickly shared with students and teammates. I love it!

Vorteile: Screencastify is a phenomenal and easy to use tool for teachers and students! It has so many great features. First, you have the ability to create videos of your screen (with or without your headshot). This can be used to "flip" the classroom, frontload with information, students who are out sick, for small groups that are working on different topics, differentiation, or for centers activities. In a way, this allows you to be more than one place at once! Beyond that, you can add graphics on the screen while recording (including lines, circles, etc.), which can draw attention to certain parts of your presentation for the students. Another great feature is that it links and syncs with your Google Drive. Your videos are automatically stored there, if you use Google Drive. You can then get a link that easily shared with students. Last, I only scratched the surface of all the great stuff about Screencastify, but they also have an awesome certification program you can take to learn more - great customer support!

Nachteile: To be honest, I have no complaints about Screencastify. I only need the ability to record short videos that can be shared with students or teammates, and Screencastify helps me accomplish that goal. I'm also able to do what I need to do with the free version, but have considered the subscription so that I can get access to more minutes per month. It's a great platform - give it a try!

• Bewertet am 14.2.2019
Kelly a. C.
Secondary Technology Teacher
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.5.2020

"Works well with Google Classroom Integration"

Kommentare: I am able to quickly record my screen and it allows you to open other screens without having to add permissions. Also easy to follow with the circle for mouse clicks and highlights. Can imbed webcam at the bottom of the video, or it will disappear once you start showing online actions.

Vorteile: I enjoy how easy it is to use and how quickly the video is processed. It easily integrates into Google Suite for Education products.

Nachteile: I wish the editing capabilities were a bit more robust. There are some capabilities in the paid version.

• Bewertet am 7.5.2020
Internet
  • Bewertet am 24.7.2018

"Works just fine. Could use some attention."

Kommentare: Quick way to share video tutorials.

Vorteile: This is affordable and simple to install solution for screen capture and video sharing. I like to use the software for capturing video tutorials and explanations to accompany my email clarifications. It is conveniently accessible and ultimately does the trick. It is nice to have the options to save or upload and share a link.

Nachteile: This is not always compatible on mobile. Some time the uploads for videos freeze and must be recorded again. Also, the selection of the screen that you wish to record is sometimes confusing and I have managed to record nothing but my voice. Overall, it does the trick but I wouldn't be able to confidently recommend.

• Bewertet am 24.7.2018
Paul M.
Director of Operational Technology
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 11.2.2020

"Easy, powerful and flexible"

Kommentare: We started with the free version (limits to 5 minutes of recording and, I believe, has a water mark). After realizing that showing staff how to do something is more beneficial than creating "how to" documents, we purchased a couple licenses to try it out. From there, more and more staff wanted to use it and we currently sit at 15 licenses that we can "check out" as needed to any of our staff. No regrets in our purchase and our staff love it.

Vorteile: Very simple to set up and easy to use (even our non-technical staff use it often). Installation is simply adding a Chrome Extension and then assigning a license to an email account. Having the flexible licensing (allowing us to transfer a license from one user to another as needed) is great since recording videos, typically, isn't a daily need. The options are easy to understand allowing the user to share a desktop, browser tab and even show the presenter in-screen on the recording. The addition of drawing tools really enhance the entire package. Cost is low and well worth it.

Nachteile: Honestly, there is very little to not like about Screencastify. Any issues that we've had have always come down to user error (such as the webcam not being installed or plugged in). I did not rank customer service since we've never had to use them. That, to me, says volumes about how easy the product is to use.

Bryan B.
Director Of Administration
  • Bewertet am 23.5.2020

"Great Tool but Pricey for Pro Features"

Kommentare: Screencastify is a great, free screen recording program for people looking to get started with making videos.

Vorteile: Screencastify is simple and intuitive to use. If you are looking to make short screen sharing or presentation videos, it is a great tool. The video quality is high and the integrated browser add-on makes it easy to record quickly.

Nachteile: The price of pro features, at an organizational level, is a little pricey. Also, only allowing 5 minute video recordings in the free version seems a little short. All you are promoting is users making multiple 5 minute videos as opposed to one long one - still the same end game. Let the user have unlimited recording length and just brand the video for free users.

• Bewertet am 23.5.2020
Luke K.
Client Success Manager
  • Bewertet am 16.7.2019

"Screencastify Makes Screen Sharing a Breeze"

Kommentare: This is an extremely useful tool as a Client Success Manager because it provides the perfect solution when an email would take to long and the issue or solution would not be as easy to describe over a phone call.

Vorteile: The Screencastify plug-in makes it very easy to quickly record my sceen and download it into a sharable video.

Nachteile: I have nothing negative to say about this tool

• Bewertet am 16.7.2019
Paula K.
Curriculum Integration Specialist

"Screencastify"

Kommentare: The super ease of Screencastify has made my lesson more powerful and allows differentiation for students. Not only am I able to give help during the lesson but the recording is available at home as well.

Vorteile: Screencastify allows me to create How-to Videos and Reminder Videos easily and then share with teachers and students. This enables me to share with students in many easily accessible ways. I love the Google integration.

Nachteile: The 5 minute limit is perfect for most of my videos. I find it necessary to have careful content planning before recording to have a high level of success that I want.

Jeff K.
teacher
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 12.2.2020

"A different way to instruct"

Kommentare: As an extension, it's always available and obvious in the upper right-hand corner of my screen so I never forget that it's there. It couldn't be easier, even for digital novices (like I was at one time).

Vorteile: I love being able to target instruction and directions by creating screen videos I can share with my students. I can differentiate depending on what students need. It's even good to show parents how to use certain tools we use at school. Plus, this can be used to give students a "double-dose" of instruction when they are at home or even provide instruction when I can't be at school.

Nachteile: I honestly haven't found anything that I haven't liked so far. It's just so easy to use. I guess if I had to nitpick, one has to upgrade for anything more than a 5-minute video, but that hasn't really bothered me.

• Bewertet am 12.2.2020
Öffentliche Ordnung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 24.3.2020

"Great Screencast Tool"

Kommentare: Great value, great tool. Makes communicating to remote team much easier on both ends.

Vorteile: Recording screencasts has made our internal communications and collaboration much more effective. Game changer for a remote team.

Nachteile: Hard to say anything bad. Maybe the processing times when uploaded to Google Drive (not sure if that is actually Google issue?) could be faster.

• Bewertet am 24.3.2020
Jessica R.
Special Education Teacher
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 19.4.2020

"Lifesaver for ELearning"

Kommentare: I am happy using Screencastify, especially during distance learning and during weather related school closures. It makes recording lessons easy and sharing links with families is simple.

Vorteile: I like the various features to record a tab, whole desktop, or use the web cam. This allows me to vary lessons for students so that it's not constantly a recorded google slide presentation, but can feature me talking, or other tabs as needed. I also like how easy it is to navigate, especially as someone who has never used software like this before.

Nachteile: The audio can be staticky and broken up at times, even with changing the input. It is not terrible, but at times, audio tends to cut out.

• Bewertet am 19.4.2020
Operations
Öffentliche Ordnung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.3.2019

"Screencastify is awesome!"

Kommentare: I use it mostly to record any procedures or even any task that I want others to get done. I show them step by step on what to do so that there is no room for misunderstandings and everyone is on the same page.

Vorteile: It is so simple to use. Just download the extension and viola! Whenever you need to record your screen with voice-over just click on the extension, choose your preferences, click record select which tab or screen (if you have multiple screens like I do) and wait for the countdown. And yes, you are able to choose how long you want the countdown to be. Once you hit zero you can start speaking and showing others whatever you want. This is great for tutorials and how-to videos. Once done you just click on the extension button again and select the "stop recording" option and it gets saved automatically to your google drive if you are online and when you are offline it will just save it to your computer. And that is it! I love using it for when I need to explain how I use whatever new software my company is trying to adopt and it helps me record the process so that I don't need to repeat myself when teaching others how to use the new software. I simply record my procedure and send the google drive link to everyone and they can view it wherever they are and whenever they please, repeating it, pausing it and downloading it like any other video. It doesn't take much space and it is very easy to understand on the first go. I recommend it widely.

Nachteile: You have to use it with chrome only. There is a limit to the length of the videos and you can only record a certain number of videos a month unless if you pay of course. The free version also adds a watermark to the videos but its small and in the corner and you hardly ever notice it.

• Bewertet am 18.3.2019
Nick A.
District Staff Development Coordinator
  • Bewertet am 10.3.2018

"Simple and Effective Screencast Tool"

Kommentare: I love being able to create flipped lessons for my students and staff with this tool and that it simply saves them to my Google Drive for easy access. This allows me to create lessons around common issues so that students can go back and watch them whenever they need to. This frees me up to spend more time conferencing with other students.

Vorteile: The best feature is that Screencastify is a Google extension that can record right from your web browser and then save directly to your Google Drive. This is great because it is very simple to share it out or give someone access to this recording. I also like that you are able to screen share as well as add your own image/picture in picture to this. This is great when you are creating flipped videos and lesson for students. Everything is pretty simple to use and quick.

Nachteile: One big hiccup is the fact that it only saves to a specified file type to your Google Drive. This is a problem if you want to upload this file to another program, or download and send as an attachment. I was able to find that there is a Google Drive add-on that is able to read video files and convert as needed. Also- under the free version you are limited to any editing tools, as well as time limit. I don't usually go over 10 minutes so this is fine, but you'll need the premium if you want longer videos.

• Bewertet am 10.3.2018
David S.
  • Bewertet am 13.6.2017

"Amazing product - highly recommended!"

Kommentare: The ability to quickly and easily capture screen recordings on my Chromebook and share them via Google Drive.

Vorteile: Easy to use, automatically uploads to Google Drive and creates a sharing link with 1 click, allows cropping duration or part of screen, selecting to record tab or whole screen, audio from tab, user or off.
I've tried lots of other screencasting offerings and this is by far the best I've used. Soon after purchase I got in touch with some questions about how to do a couple of things and they were prompt and polite and answered everything. Seriously, this software is amazing and I use it most days and love it!

von Screencastify an 13.6.2017

David,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm really glad to hear about your positive experience.

Please do reach out if you have questions or more feature requests in the future!

James

Shane P.
Instructional Technology Facilitator
Bildungsmanagement, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 31.8.2018

"Just keeps getting better..."

Kommentare: I use it for quick tutorial for teachers, reflections for students, recording directions. It's great for screen recording or making presentations with audio!

Vorteile: I've been using this product for about 2 years and it just keeps getting better! First off, the free version is great! What you get for nothing is hard to beat. The ability to quickly screen record a lesson, tutorial, etc. is awesome. And it's so simple to use. I also love that it links seamlessly with my Google Drive and other social media platforms. They are constantly providing helpful updates, as well. Plus, their customer service and help site is very helpful.

Nachteile: Due to fact that they update so often (which is good), it is difficult to keep up. Nothing major really changes, they just keep you on your toes with all the simple updates and changes they make!

• Bewertet am 31.8.2018
Mary S.
Account Manager
  • Bewertet am 13.6.2017

"I love that it can easily capture and store videos on google drive."

Kommentare: It's helps increase my productivity and communication between myself and my accounts.

Vorteile: I love that it's an extension in Chrome. The ease of saving videos in my Google Drive and sharing those links is definitely the biggest advantage.

Nachteile: The UI feels clunky at times. It is sometimes slow to start and while I understand that may just be my connection, the lack of an offline option is also a drawback.

von Screencastify an 13.6.2017

Hey Mary, thanks so much for your review! We truly appreciate it.

One quick note - Screencastify does work offline (though of course you won't be able to save to your Google Drive until you go back online). So even if you're offline, just click record and everything should work fine - though again the video will only save locally until you go back online.

Please let me know if you have any questions or trouble recording offline.

Thanks again!
James

Bryan P.
operations specialist
  • Bewertet am 19.7.2018

"I used this to make screenshots/videos "

Vorteile: I liked the ability use keyboard shortcuts and to do screenshots or videos. The mark up features were useful as well to point things out to clients we send shots to.

Nachteile: I found that my library would get fill rather quickly and that many times we would have to remove old shots in order to take an share new ones. Sometimes when that happens the old videos we had shared were cut off and no longer visible.

• Bewertet am 19.7.2018
Erin F.
Admissions
  • Bewertet am 17.6.2019

"Acceptable Free Trial"

Vorteile: I use the free trial version. What I like most about this extension is that it automatically uploads my videos to Drive once I am done recording! It is super easy to just quickly record a bunch of videos and find them exactly where I need them afterward. I love that it captures the screen I am using and I can narrate while moving around and moving between tabs. The audio is clear.

Nachteile: I use the free trial so I only have 50 videos to record every month, and if you need to re-record, it goes quick! Sometimes the videos take a long time to process in my drive and I will have to come back the next day if I want to do anything with them. I wish a popup would come up on the screen with a stop button. because going back up to hit the stop button sometimes adds unwanted sound and seconds to my videos.

• Bewertet am 17.6.2019
Jason L.
CEO, Co-Founder
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 16.10.2018

"If you email daily, you should consider Screencastify!"

Kommentare: I use Screencastify to record short (between :30 second and 10 minute) videos for either marketing use, instructional use, or simply to reply in a personal way to an email from a friend, customer, or potential client. I use this weekly, and in certain seasons, daily. I love it!

Vorteile: I love the ease of use of this software. It's a simple Chrome plugin that you click, select what you want to record, and begin recording. Having it save automatically to either Google Drive or YouTube is amazing, and I love that I don't have to spend time uploading or fussing with editing. I simply love this software.

Nachteile: For what I expect it to do, I literally cannot find anything I wish more about this software.

• Bewertet am 16.10.2018
Kiran P.
Managing Director
Restaurants, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 20.10.2019

"Screen Sharing Tools For Our Team"

Kommentare: In a round-up, our team has been able to get training and share presentations remotely with Screencastify with convenience.

Vorteile: The remarkable thing is, this application can be added on the chrome browser through its extension and easily share live screen among team members for training and presentation purposes.

Nachteile: Unfortunately, the extension of this brilliant app is limited to the Chrome browser only and is not available for popular browsers like Mozilla Firefox.

• Bewertet am 20.10.2019
Mike I.
Sr Onboarding Specialist
  • Bewertet am 2.8.2019

"MOST helpful"

Vorteile: This is one of the most helpful and useful tools you can add to your computer. It has allowed us to create and share recordings with ease.

Nachteile: No cons, this program is easy to use and does a great job.

• Bewertet am 2.8.2019
Marta B.
Associate Director of Admissions Operations
Hochschulbildung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 7.6.2017

"Wonderful tool for sharing what is seen over several clicks without needing a screen share meeting!"

Kommentare: I use this tool so much in my job. It helps with how the world does business today, which is not always face-to-face. It is a definite time saver as well.

Vorteile: I can capture several steps I take in a short video and share this with my support team who happens to be in a different time zone. This is often much more handy than taking multiply screenshots or scheduling a meeting. It speeds up the process of getting answers and moving forward.

Nachteile: I often record a video using the quick launch buttons only to later realize that I wasn't logged in to my account; I have to re-record my session.

• Bewertet am 7.6.2017
Valentina C.
CS TN
Internet, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 17.11.2017

"Very Usefull! "

Kommentare: Makes my daily work easier

Vorteile: Easy to use and useful for daily work.

Nachteile: No cons about screencastify.
Perhaps it is sometimes slow to start and doesn't work if you don't grant permissions for webcam and microphone access.

• Bewertet am 17.11.2017
Abby H.
CRM and Email Marketing Manager
Think-Tanks, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.11.2018

"Great for User Support"

Kommentare: Screencastify has dramatically cut down the time it takes for me to create user tutorials for supporting my users in various capacities. It's a great tool and a good value for the money.

Vorteile: I administer our nonprofit's database system. As an admin, a big portion of my job is ongoing user training. I used to build user manuals with tons of screenshots, which takes approximately forever. Now, I use Screencastify to do actual screenshare videos of the processes that I need to compile into user manuals. I also use it on a one-off basis to share processes with users if they're having trouble with something specific. The users love it, and it makes my job loads easier.

Nachteile: It does take a while to download the videos, but it's not that big of a deal.

• Bewertet am 27.11.2018
Crystal I.
Marketing Content Developer
Versicherung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 25.4.2018

"Praise for Screencastify!"

Vorteile: I use the Chrome extension. I use the free version. The free version only lets you record for up to 10 minutes I think, but that is enough for me. It is intuitive, clean, and I love how all my videos instantly have a shareable link as soon as I'm done recording. You can record a single tab or your entire screen. Easiest thing out there. Other stuff requires downloads or there is a big learning curve. Not with Screencastify. I'm so happy I found it and so are our website developers! Explaining what we are experiencing (issues, bugs, etc) is super easy.

Nachteile: No cons. I'm so glad I found Screencastify. It has made my business life so much easier. I'm glad the free version gets the job done.

• Bewertet am 25.4.2018
Lauren M.
Substitute Teacher
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 11.6.2019

"Screencastify Review"

Kommentare: I use this to teach a lesson, submit work, and make short videos.

Vorteile: This is one of my favorite softwares. It is so simple to use and easy. I am not a tech person, by any means, and this makes me feel like I know what I am doing. After watching a short clip video on how it worked, I was able to do it no problem. I love how I can make a powerpoint, show it, then have my voice in the background. It is so nice and just very convenient. Or if I need to switch between my face and the powerpoint I can do that.

Nachteile: I do not like that I cannot go back and fix a mistake if I make one. I have do the whole thing over again. That is the only annoying problem I have with this.

• Bewertet am 11.6.2019