Über Screencastify

Nimm HD-Screencasts in deinem Chrome-Browser auf, bearbeite und teile sie. Erstelle fesselnde Produkt-Demos, Tutorials, UX-/UI-Tests und vieles mehr.

Erfahre mehr über Screencastify

The addition of drawing tools really enhance the entire package. Cost is low and well worth it.

Any issues that we've had have always come down to user error (such as the webcam not being installed or plugged in). I did not rank customer service since we've never had to use them.

Bewertungen zu Screencastify

Screencastify hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 139 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Screencastify bereits verwendet?

Russell
Russell
Teacher, Consultant in USA
E-Learning, Selbstständig

I love Screencastify!

Kommentare: I am extremely pleased with how simple it has been to use Screencastify.
I've been able to record screen recordings that can be quickly shared with students and teammates. I love it!

Screencastify is a phenomenal and easy to use tool for teachers and students! It has so many great features. First, you have the ability to create videos of your screen (with or without your headshot). This can be used to "flip" the classroom, frontload with information, students who are out sick, for small groups that are working on different topics, differentiation, or for centers activities. In a way, this allows you to be more than one place at once! Beyond that, you can add graphics on the screen while recording (including lines, circles, etc.), which can draw attention to certain parts of your presentation for the students. Another great feature is that it links and syncs with your Google Drive. Your videos are automatically stored there, if you use Google Drive. You can then get a link that easily shared with students. Last, I only scratched the surface of all the great stuff about Screencastify, but they also have an awesome certification program you can take to learn more - great customer support!

To be honest, I have no complaints about Screencastify. I only need the ability to record short videos that can be shared with students or teammates, and Screencastify helps me accomplish that goal. I'm also able to do what I need to do with the free version, but have considered the subscription so that I can get access to more minutes per month. It's a great platform - give it a try!

Kelly A.
Kelly A.
Secondary Technology Teacher in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Works well with Google Classroom Integration

Kommentare: I am able to quickly record my screen and it allows you to open other screens without having to add permissions. Also easy to follow with the circle for mouse clicks and highlights. Can imbed webcam at the bottom of the video, or it will disappear once you start showing online actions.

I enjoy how easy it is to use and how quickly the video is processed. It easily integrates into Google Suite for Education products.

I wish the editing capabilities were a bit more robust. There are some capabilities in the paid version.

Internet

Works just fine. Could use some attention.

Kommentare: Quick way to share video tutorials.

This is affordable and simple to install solution for screen capture and video sharing. I like to use the software for capturing video tutorials and explanations to accompany my email clarifications. It is conveniently accessible and ultimately does the trick. It is nice to have the options to save or upload and share a link.

This is not always compatible on mobile. Some time the uploads for videos freeze and must be recorded again. Also, the selection of the screen that you wish to record is sometimes confusing and I have managed to record nothing but my voice. Overall, it does the trick but I wouldn't be able to confidently recommend.

Jeheen Mahmood
Founder in Bangladesch
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A basic screen recording tool for on the go use

Kommentare: I used to take lots of screenshots, annotate them, add them to lengthy chats or emails to explain tasks to my remote employees. It was literally the most time-consuming task of the day for me. Screencastify managed to cut this time by over 75%. I could simply record what I was doing and explaining my thought process for them to follow without any deviation. It saved my a lot of work hours, cant thank enough.

This was my first screen recording tool and I must say it did the job pretty good. I haven't used it in some time, so I can not discuss the current features. But I can easily say it, Screencastify did make my life a lot easier. I used it as a chrome app and it was very light and fast. It was very easy to start the app and do a short clip of recroding for explainer video.

I used the free version of Screencastify and it had a limited video duration of 10 minutes. I had to break my tutorials into 10 minute long segments. There was a total video per month limitation too, though I never reached thar. It was a bother splitting videos in to 10 minutes segments, but on the other hand, I was using the free versioin of the app and cant expect everything they have on the paid plan.

Priya
Division Chair in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Screencastify Your Stars

Kommentare: In distance learning, it has been a platform that allows me to teach, check and assess language and language development in my students, even though we are in a virtual learning environment.

This product allows me to support my students with their language acquisition by creating videos. The videos show me how well they can read, make an oral presentation or recite a poem.

The fact that students can record videos, as well as embedded videos with text, is great. Perhaps we need directions and support in both Spanish and English for a more comprehensive North American version.

Luke
Luke
Client Services in UK
Marketing & Werbung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Forget recording via Google Meet

Kommentare: We had to find an alternative for using Google Meet's native screen recording when it was made a premium feature and Screencastify not only replaced it but surpassed it. It's very easy to use, I can annotate the recording in real-time - good for highlighting or drawing moustaches - and quickly edit and export it afterwards.

Screencastify is so easy to install, easy to export and has some great editing and instant scribing features.

The only downside is that it's limited to Chrome.

Shane
Shane
Instructional Technology Facilitator in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Just keeps getting better...

Kommentare: I use it for quick tutorial for teachers, reflections for students, recording directions. It's great for screen recording or making presentations with audio!

I've been using this product for about 2 years and it just keeps getting better! First off, the free version is great! What you get for nothing is hard to beat. The ability to quickly screen record a lesson, tutorial, etc. is awesome. And it's so simple to use. I also love that it links seamlessly with my Google Drive and other social media platforms. They are constantly providing helpful updates, as well. Plus, their customer service and help site is very helpful.

Due to fact that they update so often (which is good), it is difficult to keep up. Nothing major really changes, they just keep you on your toes with all the simple updates and changes they make!

Jason
Jason
CEO, Co-Founder in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

If you email daily, you should consider Screencastify!

Kommentare: I use Screencastify to record short (between :30 second and 10 minute) videos for either marketing use, instructional use, or simply to reply in a personal way to an email from a friend, customer, or potential client. I use this weekly, and in certain seasons, daily. I love it!

I love the ease of use of this software. It's a simple Chrome plugin that you click, select what you want to record, and begin recording. Having it save automatically to either Google Drive or YouTube is amazing, and I love that I don't have to spend time uploading or fussing with editing. I simply love this software.

For what I expect it to do, I literally cannot find anything I wish more about this software.

Abby
Abby
CRM and Email Marketing Manager in USA
Think-Tanks, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Great for User Support

Kommentare: Screencastify has dramatically cut down the time it takes for me to create user tutorials for supporting my users in various capacities. It's a great tool and a good value for the money.

I administer our nonprofit's database system. As an admin, a big portion of my job is ongoing user training. I used to build user manuals with tons of screenshots, which takes approximately forever. Now, I use Screencastify to do actual screenshare videos of the processes that I need to compile into user manuals. I also use it on a one-off basis to share processes with users if they're having trouble with something specific. The users love it, and it makes my job loads easier.

It does take a while to download the videos, but it's not that big of a deal.

Crystal
Crystal
Marketing Content Developer in USA
Versicherung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Praise for Screencastify!

I use the Chrome extension. I use the free version. The free version only lets you record for up to 10 minutes I think, but that is enough for me. It is intuitive, clean, and I love how all my videos instantly have a shareable link as soon as I'm done recording. You can record a single tab or your entire screen. Easiest thing out there. Other stuff requires downloads or there is a big learning curve. Not with Screencastify. I'm so happy I found it and so are our website developers! Explaining what we are experiencing (issues, bugs, etc) is super easy.

No cons. I'm so glad I found Screencastify. It has made my business life so much easier. I'm glad the free version gets the job done.

Daniel

One Of The Best Web Based Screen Recorders

Kommentare: Screencastify Is a wonderful tool for creating video tutorials and demonstrations directly on your computer. The ease of recording and sending videos makes it great for fast paced work environments, and the user-friendly interface makes it a welcoming tool even to those who do not have as much experience with technology or screen recorders. While I miss the flexibility of the free version, paying for this tool is absolutely worth it if you are making a lot of screen recorded tutorials or demonstration for those in your job or home life.

Screencastify Makes it incredibly simple and fast to record your screen and/or WebCam for easy tutorials and demonstrations. The fact that you can share these videos almost instantly after recording makes it a prime option in fast paced work environment.

While the free version of the application still allows users to record videos, they have increased restrictions over time and reduce the number of videos free members can record to five unless they delete previous recordings. Paying for Screencastify gives users access to unlimited recordings and editing tools, and while these are great resources, it can still be a little sad when some of these used to be free.

Amr
Instructional Designer. in Ägypten
Hochschulbildung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

The Easiest Screencasting Solution.

Kommentare: As an Instructional Designer/Trainer, Screencastify makes it easy for me to record bite-sized tutorials, edit them, and share them on whatever platform my trainees are on. I encourage trainees to use Screencastify as a learning activity tool in digital literacy courses. It empowers them to demonstrate their digital skills by creating videos and digital content and sharing it online.

Screencastify is an easy-to-use video recording Chrome extension. It enables me to record my screen/webcam and edit the videos directly within the Chrome browser. It has efficient editing and sharing features that allow me to trim videos, add interactive questions and post the final video to my Google classroom.

Almost nothing. But it would be great if the app developers enriched the interactive questions feature by adding more question types and rich media embed options.

Mary
Account Manager in Costa Rica
Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

I love that it can easily capture and store videos on google drive.

Kommentare: It's helps increase my productivity and communication between myself and my accounts.

The UI feels clunky at times. It is sometimes slow to start and while I understand that may just be my connection, the lack of an offline option is also a drawback.

Antwort von Screencastify

Hey Mary, thanks so much for your review! We truly appreciate it. One quick note - Screencastify does work offline (though of course you won't be able to save to your Google Drive until you go back online). So even if you're offline, just click record and everything should work fine - though again the video will only save locally until you go back online. Please let me know if you have any questions or trouble recording offline. Thanks again! James

Paula
Bildungsmanagement, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great for instructional videos

Kommentare: Overall, it has been great! The videos automatically upload to my Google drive making it that much easier to share them with my students.

I love that it captures my viewboard screen so I can share examples with my students. I did not need any extra equipment and it took about 2 minutes to allow permissions and I was ready to record.

The share screen label will not go away. I can move it, but it is a distraction when I have to move to continue working out a math problem for my students.

Erin
Admissions in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Acceptable Free Trial

I use the free trial version. What I like most about this extension is that it automatically uploads my videos to Drive once I am done recording! It is super easy to just quickly record a bunch of videos and find them exactly where I need them afterward. I love that it captures the screen I am using and I can narrate while moving around and moving between tabs. The audio is clear.

I use the free trial so I only have 50 videos to record every month, and if you need to re-record, it goes quick! Sometimes the videos take a long time to process in my drive and I will have to come back the next day if I want to do anything with them. I wish a popup would come up on the screen with a stop button. because going back up to hit the stop button sometimes adds unwanted sound and seconds to my videos.

Emily
2nd Grade Teacher in USA

A Great, Simple Screen and Webcam Recorder

Kommentare: Through online teaching, Screencastify has been a staple of communicating with my students and families. It’s so easy to click a Chrome extension and start recording right away. The five minute limit on the free version can be a little challenging to plan around, but with unlimited recordings, it’s easy to overlook. I highly recommend using Screencastify!

Screencastify is extremely easy to use, allowing people to save recordings of their screen and WebCam very quickly straight onto their Google Drive or to their computer. The free version only limits you to five minute videos, but you can still save unlimited amount of videos, so that’s not a huge drawback! The program also has some quick editing tools, such as trimming and saving your videos as GIFs, but you’ll have to pay to get more of their editing tools.

There are not a lot of drawbacks to this program, the only one I can think of being the five minute recording limit.

Valentina
CS TN in Argentinien
Internet, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Very Usefull!

Kommentare: Makes my daily work easier

Easy to use and useful for daily work. I love that it's an extension in Chrome. The ease of saving videos in my Google Drive and sharing those links is definitely the biggest advantage.

No cons about screencastify. Perhaps it is sometimes slow to start and doesn't work if you don't grant permissions for webcam and microphone access.

Hope
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Great Way to Record Notes

When my school district chose to hold school remotely, I searched for a way to record my notes. After attempting a few similar products, a co-worker told me about Screencastify. I was so glad she did. It is super user friendly. I was able to use it with my Surface Pro to record my notes. You can edit your video and the program works in conjunction with YouTube. I upload my video and insert my link into Google Classroom. I continue to use this program to record notes for my remote learners.

The program is free for a limited video length. But you have to pay for the full version of the program to create longer videos. Trying to use the free version was difficult and stressful trying to make my videos shorter. It is worth the money to not stress out about the video length.

Amber
Pre-Med Student in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Must Have Screen Recording Software

Kommentare: Amazing! Can’t believe I ever tried to make screen recordings without it!!

Screencastify is one of the best softwares I’ve purchase for recording videos of my work with overlaying of my voice and video content. Originally I got the free trial to test out the software. I loved it and even with the free trial Screencastify let’s you record 5 min videos! In order to make longer videos for school, I made the purchase and haven’t looked back. I haven’t found a product that makes it so easy to record your screen and edit in other aspects. Must have for teachers and/or assistant teachers.

I haven’t found any major issues with screencastify. The only major downfall is that it just isn’t very compatible with mobile devices so you have to have a pc or laptop.

Paula
Curriculum Integration Specialist in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Screencastify

Kommentare: I have been extremely pleased with the free version of Screencastify. The time limit has not been a problem.

Screencastify is an easy and straightforward site to capture screen recordings of all things on your device. Makes for powerful learning videos.

I wish I could change the default setting for the share feature of all my videos instead of having to do this one by one.

Shawna
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good bang for the free version

I love being able to use the edit feature with this program. Being able to cut my videos shorter or just cut out a piece was crucial in delivering concise helpful instruction during virtual learning.

The only con I ran into was how big the files sometimes were. I would take a video that was even longer through another program but it would be a smaller file size.

Dionne
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Quick Recordings

Kommentare: I enjoyed being able to record and show my computer screen and the same time. It was very useful for simple instructions or reminders on the day's lesson learned.

I like the ease of use. With little knowledge initially, I was able to figure out how to record and post the recordings for the students to watch on their time.

The time allowed for recordings was limited unless you had a paid subscription. Sometimes I needed more than four minutes.

Verlagswesen, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good choice for tutorials

Kommentare: I use the extension primarily to make a tutorial videos for my trainees and audience. But recently I discovered that Zoom can actually record the screen perfectly without the annoying 5 min limit that screencastify bothers me with every time I launch the extension.

The feature I liked the most is that the extension allows me to upload the recorded video directly to my YouTube channel without the need of downloading it to my PC.

1. The limit of 5 min in the free version. 2. Takes much time to upload the video on my Google Drive.

Jasmine
Freelance in USA
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Screencastify Review

Kommentare: It is super easy to use and you just click to start recording your screen and then click to stop the recording and you're done!

I use Screencastify to record my screen all the time and it is very easy and simple to navigate. It is very helpful to record things so I can look back at them later for personal and professional use.

I honestly cannot think of any cons associated with this software other than maybe being limited to chrome.

E-Learning, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

good for lesson recordings

Kommentare: this software is versatile and I will still use it because it provides my students with a lesson when they miss class

I have used this to record my lessons so students can see it, and its easy to access and sent to people to see and review. I love the fact that you do not need to install. software

Since my school didn't purchase the app, one down side can be that the free version only allows you to record 5 minutes.