Inspectlet

Panneer S.
Productivity Optimization Manager / Marketing Specialist
Bildungsmanagement, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: The benefits you derive through Inspectlet is unimaginable you can actually feel the user interaction and identify the areas where we can keep important elements of a website.

Vorteile: Inspectlet is the future of analytics, The best about Inspectlet it gives as the visual interpretation of how user is interacting with the website, where he is focusing more with the heat map, almost every session gives a good understanding about the website.

Nachteile: The least about Inspectlet,when it records user sessions, the same sessions is stored in multiple files so to view and understand it's bit complex.

The absolute best way to see what your customer sees

Bewertet am 10.9.2019
Clay A.
Gastgewerbe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I just love the insight it gives me. You can learn so much watching over the shoulder of a user that is using your product. You can see when they are confused what to do next, you can see when they try to click on things that aren't clickable, you can even see errors they encounter. Inspectlet allows you to do this without the user ever knowing. I do believe sensitive data is scrubbed so you can't watch somebody enter CC info for example so it does seem secure.

Vorteile: Inspectlet has been so valuable for me so far to help me know what issues my customers are running into with our reservation system. All I had to do was paste a piece of code onto my website (wordpress has plugins for this.. or use Google scripts manager). Once I did that, I just log in to my dashboard occassionally and there will be a whole list of screen recordings from all my recent guests. I just click on a recording to watch their screen and watch their mouse to see what they try to click on and overall the experience they have. I have been able to make our reservation system work much better by watching to see what pain points the users encounter. For example, when clicking on the date range input that displays the calendar so they can select a date range, I saw that many people were trying to click on the calendar icon next to the input and nothing was happening. I have not fixed that so that when the calendar icon is clicked, the calendar is displayed like they are expecting. It is little things like this that I have realized through watching inspectlet recordings could make my guests experience more seamless. I highly recommend inspectlet to allow you to "watch over the should" of your customers to see what problems they run into that you would otherwise never find out about.

Nachteile: The screen recordings are actually a video, i believe they just record where their mouse is and where they click and when they scroll and so forth, and then when they play back the recording, they just re-display the page and do all the things the user did. I'm sure this is MUCH more efficient that storing video files, but it does lead to some of the recordings not being exactly 100% as the customer saw things. But it still gives me a good idea. Video would be way to data intensive and there would be no way there could be a free tier of this service.

Inspectlet is best option to track my website state and online error on it.

Bewertet am 6.2.2020
Hamza A.
Senior PHP Programmer
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: Inspectlet is the best way to get my website actively by monthly or yearly. Inspectlet provides the event option to describe all links by name so that is very helpful to my website reports.

Vorteile: Inspectlet is a way to track audience activity on our website.
This procedure to help me the correct error on our website who faced users on it.
Inspectlet provides multiple options to track the audience like Country, Browser, Time and very important to saved all activity the use like video.

Nachteile: I personly not like the view on the dashboard and video listing they are not user-friendly.
Inspectlet is much costly for new user and new website holder

An good tool for specific user research

Bewertet am 5.1.2020
Ciprian P.
Senior PHP Developer
Verbraucherdienste, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: I have used this app for a little while and I did find it a good fit for my user tracking needs, but that's all.

Nachteile: Very few features and the pricing plans are too high for the premium features it provides.

very disappointing

Bewertet am 23.1.2020
Product Designer
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: I would like their features even they even worked

Nachteile: Costumer Support is absolutely awful. They only accept e-mail (no telephone available), and they take days to reply. Also, the product has many serious glitches: a problem that video recordings just didn't work / freeze everytime I tried to watch some parts of them, and then, after some months, it just stopped working. We tried to do some very important A/B Testing and it was just not working. Customer support took ages to reply, and when they did, was to say something as stupid as "the problem must be your js snippet". Seriously? We were using the platform for almost a year, it then stoped working, and was our instalation fault? We lost valuable time and money while paying for a product that doesn't even work and trying to fix some of their problems by our own. People were calling us fools for having decided on this product over all their competitors just to be treated like idiots by their team. Very disappointing!

Good tool to monitor your website

Bewertet am 15.11.2018
Sam Z.
PHP Developer
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: The company I am working they have many websites and its very difficult to find where the user-facing issue, I have fixed many design issue using Inspectlet, it is easy to use and also it's very useful for visitor activity monitoring.

Nachteile: the searching filter is difficult because some time tags are not working properly, also it pricing is high if you have more then 3 websites.

Was incredible because it is too easy to use.

Bewertet am 4.6.2018
James S.

Kommentare: My website now has much more traffic. I can see what users think about my business in order to improve the services I offer. So thanks to this software I can look for solutions to solve what users do not like.

Vorteile: I love this software too much for the ease of its handling, and also it is super economical. This software offers you a video where it explains to you all the information about the communication with other users, these videos seem great to me. All tools in this software are very useful.

Nachteile: What I dislike a litlle bit about this software is that I can not configure everything in my own way, so I have to be too specific with the administration to it shows the design that I want. Therefore the interface is somewhat complicated.

A great way to figure out what your website visitors are doing!

Bewertet am 16.3.2018
Chris C.
Director of Operations
13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It isn't cheap and there are cheaper software tools out there that do similar things, but I still would recommend this product.

Vorteile: A great way to gain additional insights about how users are engaging with your website. Think analytics + visuals. You can literally record sessions and see how people navigate your site, what they type into forms, and more. This is valuable data to have because you can make adjustments if you notice trends that are sliding the wrong way based on the user's actions over time.

Inspectlet Review

Bewertet am 26.9.2019
Marian isabel N.
SEO Consultant
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Really happy with what the software provides given the price of Inspectlet.

Vorteile: When I needed additional information before I conduct an A/B testing I use Inspectlet to review visitors interaction with my website. Inspectlet records sessions, heatmaps, form analysis and errors that the users encounter. This software really helped me in analyzing the problem and planning on the probable change that I need to conduct for my A/B testing.

Nachteile: None so far, this software is less expensive than any other software that provides you with these kind of product features like recording sessions, heatmaps, form analysis and error logs.

Smoke and Mirrors

Bewertet am 31.7.2019
Tim S.
CTO
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The live feature is why we decided to go with this software.

Nachteile: We paid and have not received service. After one month we are still on the trial plan and customer service does not respond to the inquires.

Great Visitor Activity Monitoring Tool!

Bewertet am 18.1.2018
Mark W.
IT Admin

Vorteile: I recently discovered this tool. Been using this for about two months. This tool is a gateway to identify all the issue. In the past when i used to get complain that "something was not working", I used to have very hard time identifying issue to fix it. With Inspectlet, I can pinpoint to the issue and address, and resolve the issue. Excellent tool to view all the movement on the site.

Nachteile: Searching is little slow when searching over large number of data. I wish that it does not bill by page views from the excluded IP address. Billing is little interesting. If I hit the limit, then I would have to pay again. It would be nice to have pro rated charge after exceeding allocated page views.

Many good features compare to Hotjar

Bewertet am 2.10.2017
Thinh P.
Lead Web Developer
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: - Link your product users to Inspectlet sessions
- Track user IP Address
- Continuous recording
- Cheaper than many other solutions
- Easy to setup

Nachteile: - Sometimes it's buggy, showing a blank canvas
- Searching is slow when there are many sessions
- Heatmap is not correct for SPA

Great troubleshooting and user analysis tool

Bewertet am 6.2.2019
Jeremy K.
Operations Manager
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Has come in clutch time after time in troubleshooting user issues as we are able to review the workflows that they went through to reach the problem.

Nachteile: Takes a little bit to get up to speed but once you are there, it's quite powerful.

Great tool to inform website changes

Bewertet am 18.11.2019
Danielle O.
Technical SEO Manager

Kommentare: This tool has been great at highlighting client website issues. Clients also have a real/viewable example of the issues users are facing on their website too, so they're more open to website changes.

Vorteile: - Ability to playback everything visitors do on your site (button clicks/scrolls etc) - to inform changes across the site etc.

Nachteile: - Dashboard is a little clunky and you need to spend some time figuring out what each report means/what the data is telling you.

I used Inspectlet to analyze users experience on my landing pages.

Bewertet am 14.3.2018
Daniel G.
Marketing Assistant

Vorteile: I like that Inspectlet allows me to confirm that form submissions are happening correctly. This saved me a lot of wasted money, as I could identify any problems people were having when they arrived on my landing page. What I find is that Inspectlet is helpful to use for the first few months after implementing a new landing page.

Nachteile: After confirming user patterns and form submissions as occurring correctly, I don't find I use the Inspectlet software much. For 3 to 6 months it was extremely helpful.

Good Way to Capture User Behavior on Site

Bewertet am 30.8.2019
Digital Marketing Specialist
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great. It has helped us identify issues that users were having on the site, create solutions and ensure they properly addressed the problem.

Vorteile: If you're looking for a user experience testing tool that's out of the box easy to use, Inspectlet is your guy. You get session recording, heat maps, set up page filters, run A/B tests, and more. You can do all of this without training. It takes just a few days, if that, to master use of this tool and it gives you actionable insights almost immediately.

Nachteile: Still get some blank recordings sometimes but nothing that would make us stop using the tool. Wish funnel analytics was included in lower price point.

Get a clear idea of your customers experience

Bewertet am 17.4.2019
Operations

Vorteile: Inspectlet is awesome software for anyone wanting to understand their customer’s experience better. You get a clear idea as to how your customers are navigating your website. Not only that you also are able to view when your customers are rage clicking and becoming frustrated throughout your website.

Nachteile: You get so many recordings that it's hard to make use of them all. I think it's helpful for a site audit but I don't use it on an ongoing basis.

Good for seeing user interaction on your website

Bewertet am 16.8.2018
Ben T.
Co-Founding Director
Verteidigung & Raumfahrt, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Excellent customer service and very intuitive software

Nachteile: The admin is pretty old school and clunky.

Easy to use, but bad performance (recordings are loading minutes...)

Bewertet am 25.11.2019
Gasper V.
Director of Product

Kommentare: We have used Inspectlet for more than 3 years. Unfortunately the loading times of recordings have been getting longer and longer and some HTML/CSS objects haven't been rendered fine (and couldn't be fixed after talking to support).

Vorteile: - easy to use
- price
- showing numbers and input fields text

Nachteile: - performance (loading times)
- some recordings didn't load at all
- some HTML/CSS objects haven't been displayed fine

Neat insights to customers!

Bewertet am 21.6.2017
Product Manager (Program Manager)
Computer-Software, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: I can figure out why users are doing certain things, it's like I'm able to watch what they're doing and trying to do

Nachteile: So far I have not had an experience which I don't like, keep up the good work, woo hoo. Nothing else to say here.

It gets the job done.

Bewertet am 5.6.2018
Taylor P.
UX Manager

Vorteile: Inspectlet was a cheap alternative to some of its competitors, and has a great free option. Some things were very difficult to use on our SPA, like heatmaps, but I don't have many complaints for the viewing experience.

Nachteile: Everytime I contacted support it seemed like a pretty small team that wasn't moving or innovating very quickly, but they did respond quickly. Some things were hard to use and scrubbing the timeline of the video was often a hassle.

Great Tool Guys !!!

Bewertet am 24.9.2015
Ayan S.
Informationstechnologie & -dienste
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: If you need to know what is your customer doing you need to use this tool. I love this tool , it help me a lot to understand what are the things are making my customers confuse from the landing page and what are the things are catchy to my customers. I love you guys! You guys made my conversion cost from $180 to $3.5

Vorteile: Realtime analysis and understanding your customer

Nachteile: Can not exclude some visitor , like direct if I do not wanna track direct users there is actually no way or I haven't able to find yet.

I depend on Inspectlet to get a deep understanding in how my product is being used

Bewertet am 12.7.2018
Senior UX Designer

Vorteile: Inspectlet was so easy to setup and use. I have 100% visibility into how my software is being used. I can easily determine what is causing confusion with my users. It's better than user testing since in user tests the users know someone is looking over their shoulder.

Nachteile: Sometimes I feel like it doesn't complete sessions. From time to time the styling is off or skewed of the pages that it's showing. These things are more rare than common, however.