Über TaxJar

Die Anwendung erleichtert die Steuererhebung für mehr als 10.000 Unternehmen und Entwickler auf der ganzen Welt. Einfache API und Integrationen. Versuche es kostenlos!

Erfahre mehr über TaxJar

The software was easy to integrate with our company's webstore.

For instance, if you are trying to fiugre out if you have nexus in a specific state by needed to know the number of transactions per year, it is really hard to find that info in here.

Bewertungen zu TaxJar

TaxJar hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 75 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du TaxJar bereits verwendet?

Tracy
Tracy
Founder in USA

Calculating taxes for several states and countless municipalities is daunting, TaxJar made it easy.

Kommentare: Taxes can be complicated and we did have some questions along the way. TaxJar always got back to us.

It handled all aspects of our sales tax needs. We used it to manage real-time calculations so we collected the correct amounts. Then we used the TaxJar service that also files the taxes with each state. When we did have questions, they had answers. This allowed us to focus on the more important aspects of our business.

Asher
Financial Director in Jamaika
Konsumgüter, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Taxjar will save you hours

Kommentare: TaxJar is a fantastic solution for tracking sales tax. It has saved me hours of time, prevented hundreds of errors, and probably saved a few penalties too !

TaxJar makes sales tax a breeze. It pulls sales data from multiple platforms (in our case, 9 platforms) provides a consolidated report for each state that one can use to file your sales tax return. Alternatively, for a fairly average fee TaxJar will file for you. TaxJar saves me in the region of 20 hours per month.

Honestly, I do not have anything bad to say about TaxJar. I feel their filing fee is slightly high, but I'm really nitpicking there....

Luke
President in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Classic bait and switch by sales. Non-existent support. Massive over-payment of sales taxes.

Kommentare: Unbelievably poor support once the sales transaction was complete. No communication automated or otherwise when serious issues happen that result in large transactions drafting from your bank accounts. No remorse or support when serious issues happen to recover funds drafted in overpayments. No priority support no matter what even when things go wrong fee based or otherwise, and absolutely no care or concern about it from anyone include the sales team.

Initially what was pitched as a robust flexible API, auto-file service to take the burden of multi-state sales tax nexus off our finance team, and "great support" in the event of integration support needs or post purchase assistance. Great up-front sales response working to close the deal.

1) Unclear or illogical API logic that results in under collections and overpayment. Senior software engineers with decades of backend billing systems integration experience confused by the way it functions. 2) When they autofile for your company, they will happily remit any amount ($10s of thousands of dollars!) more than you collect and not send any kind of alert or make any kind of contact informing you of this atrocity. 4) When you discover a major issue (like overpayment), they remind you the service is not managed, the onus is on you to check everything, and offer fee based services to refile returns once you've corrected data they used to over remit sales taxes to states with a wait time of *6 to 8* weeks. 5) Poor to nonexistent support (phone support goes to voicemail 99% of the time and callbacks never occur, emails take 3-5 days for responses and often need engineering to answer further questions which take a further number of days or weeks for a response). Little to no care or concern expressed whatsoever when support is needed. Sales answers the phone, support doesn't, but will sales not help you one bit after you've signed up with Taxjar. 6) A web interface that provides no ability to manually adjust anything other than whether a transaction is tax exempt or not. Searching for transactions is best done by exporting data and using excel. 7) Auto-file rendered useless in multiple states with sales tax exemptions the platform doesn't support.

Daven
Program Administrator in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Excellent product for most online sellers battling with interstate sales tax nexus

Kommentare: Overall experience has been great. It took some time to get set up because we have back sales we needed to import. But once everything was operational it saved us time each and every month.

If you are on online seller with nexus in multiple states, this software will save you time. For marketplaces like eEbay and Amazon, sales are imported automatically and you are able to set up auto-file for the states which you have Nexus and need to file.

If you sell items through an online marketplace which is a qualified "marketplace facilitator" you will currently not be able to upload items in a straightforward way with the basic account. At this point in time, they make you upgrade to the plus version before you have the features to upload items via CSV to have them report as a marketplace facilitator.

Computer-Software

Super-simple API integration to add tax handling to a web application

Kommentare: Easy addition of tax handling to our web application.

TaxJar was very easy for us to implement, didn't require hoops and red tape to get setup, and has been foolproof for us so far. The error messages (when our input is incorrect, for example) have been clean and easy to correct. It's a great comfort knowing we don't have to worry about the tax implications of transactions -- we just submit the data to TaxJar and they tell us how much to charge. Awesome!

The API does not yet have a way to automate creation of new accounts (if you are building a framework using TaxJar for multiple clients this does add the additional step of having to require the client to create their own account).

¿lexander
¿lexander
Konsumgüter, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Used to be good not its just an overpriced poorly supported app

Kommentare: Terrible. We were looking for a deep dive into the amazon configuration and setup, and support told us they have no configuration assistance anymore. It's only self-service. This company only cares about profits, not quality products/services.

We used to like the software, but it has become a hodgepodge of features with no real thought put into the interface design. It is very confusing to use.Additionally, the company now provides zero integration and setup support. Their model is self-service which I find to be very ridiculous for something complex like taxes. We are moving to Aclara.

They used to provide support and assistance with configuration, and now it is self-service. The support articles are very canned and just give you basic directions on connecting things with no real explanation of the configuration of how the system works.

Tilmann
Tilmann
Kosmetik

This is one of those `invisble helpers you cannot live without.

Kommentare: I peace of mind! All I can say.

Best support to handle sales taxes with omni channel business. Our omni channel sale tax collection is on auto pilot. It integrates flawlessly with amazon and Shopify and we haven't had any issue at all. TaxJar just does the job.

Computer-Software, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Good product for managing sales tax for SAAS businesses

Kommentare: If it weren't for the one con described above, I'd say it's a perfect solution for automating sales tax (which is a very complicated issue).

We switched to TaxJar after using a competitor product that was awful. TaxJar was very responsive/helpful with support and implementation. The software does what it is supposed to for the most part - it automates our sales tax collection and filing processes.

There is a key component missing with the Stripe integration for SAAS businesses - until this is resolved the software does not work 100% perfectly for SAAS businesses using Stripe for payment processing.

, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

We've been using TaxJar for almost 2 years and couldn't be happier with the outstanding value

extremely easy to implement, use and service levels are outstanding. The product is extremely accurate - love the the automated state filings which saves tremendous time critical for a small organization.

Carmen
Carmen
Gerente de Administración in Venezuela

Taxjar is very easy to use taxes can be complicated but it is easy with this application

Kommentare: I like this application because it is easy for our clients to make sales tax payments and to integrate accounting software, it is easy and convenient

It can be a bit expensive if you are a business with thousands of transactions per month. It may be more profitable to hire someone to do it for you at that time.

Katie
Procurement Analyst in USA
Chemikalien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

wrong tax rates

The software was easy to integrate with our company's webstore.

We discovered that the software was not calculating tax rates correctly, so we had to stop using it.

Lukas
Owner in Indonesien
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Great Idea, far from a perfect product

Kommentare: It's one of the fundamental softwares for pretty much any business that buys or sells products within the US. The price is justifiable.

I love the idea of having a tool that takes care of everything Sales Tax in my business. What I like most about using taxjar is it's doing well what it's supposed to at a cheaper rate than outsourcing this to have someone carry this out manually.

The taxjar UX is far from perfect. Selling primarily on marketplaces, taxjar seems to have issues connecting to more than account of a particular marketplace, so connecting 10+ Amazon/eBay accounts to a single TJ acc proved difficult.

Maxwell
Einzelhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great if you distribute taxes to multiple states

I had the free trial of this for my Amazon business. They recently decided that Amazon sellers need to pay tax in every state (which is crazy). So Amazon does not give you a total amount of taxes you owe every state, you would have to manually add it from the spreadsheets they provide. This is where TaxJar comes in, and it was a godsend to Amazon sellers. This was super simple to use and it showed me exactly what I owed in each state. For me, it wasn't worth having a monthly subscription because I paid state sales tax annually.

The only con of this software was the membership pricing. I wish they had a one-time use fee for people who pay sales tax annually rather than having month to month or annual fees.

Barbara
Konsumgüter, Selbstständig

Simplifying Sales Tax!

Kommentare: I do believe that putting together our tax forms will be easy with the use of TaxJar. What could potentially be a big headache, TaxJar has everything I need to track sales tax collection and calculate.

As a business owner selling on several E-commerce platforms, its been crucial to be able to track sales tax. Not only for my state, but in other states as well. TaxJar not only provides this service, but is very up to date with the happenings of tax law. I've been able to use this with ease once our CPA showed us how to set things up.

This was hard to understand and navigate on my own. I had to have our CPA show me just exactly where to find everything and how to set things up.

Robert
Robert
Co-founder in Ecuador
Großhandel, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Taxjar saves us so much time!

Kommentare: We love using TaxJar and we would highly recommend it.

I love how much time we save each month with TaxJar. Filing sales tax in North Carolina is a bear of a chore. TaxJar shaves off ~2 hours each month for us.

Unfortunately, TaxJar has a hard time calculating the 2% food tax special rate in North Carolina. Not a deal breaker.

Sandi
Controller in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great customer support!!!

Kommentare: Sales tax is challenging, even our tax firm recommended we find a specialist for sales tax. They recommended Taxjar and I have been amazed how easy they are to work with.

Very easy to use software, and amazing customer support. I have only needed support a few times, but every time it is so easy to get ahold of them and they resolve issues very quickly.

I really like everything about Taxjar in the last year I have been using them. I would highly recommend.

Chelsea
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Awesome solution for online businesses

This software was very easy to implement for our online sales and helps ensure we are collecting the appropriate taxes from customers and I no longer have to think about it. They also provide the option to have your taxes prepared at the end of each month to submit to your state!

Honestly I do not have any, easy to implement, good price, helpful customer service

Gabriele
Trainer in USA

Life Changing For Any E-Commerce Store

It's very easy to use unlike other softwares and their tax-are calculations are always right.

The software does not work well if you sell on channels that do not integrate with TaxJar.

Brandon
Brandon
Co-Owner/Founder in USA

Tax Jar helps my Amazon business track quarterly sales tax.

Kommentare: Makes it very easy to stay on top of our state sales tax reports.

Easy to use. Works with every state. You are able to automate, so it doesn't take long to use. It's everything you could need.

I really don't have a negative thing to say about the software. No one likes paying taxes, and TaxJar makes the process painless

Steve
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Great product for collecting and reporting sales tax for any ecommerce site.

Easy to setup. Easy to use. Straight forward pricing plans. The signup process is simple and fast. Ready connections to popular shopping carts, CMS and accounting systems. Automated tax filing available.

The automated filing is great but I think it will have to be based on volume and not flat fee. When there are no transactions to report to any nexus state it seems a little bit costly.

Bekleidung & Mode, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Would be lost without it

With all of the changes going on with sales tax these guys help set you up with all of the tools you need to be compliant.

The software and the team are great, I would highly recommend them.

Jenny

Taxjar saves me time

This software saves me time and headaches. It figures out all my sales tax for me. No more spending hours figuring all that out to submit to the state. Truly a business saver

There really isn't anything I don't like about this software. It has actually saved me tons of money and time

Shawn
Shawn
Small Business Owner in USA
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Let TaxJar do your taxes!

Kommentare: I needed major help with doing my sales and use tax. I just put in the numbers and it did everything else for me!

The software was simple to use. I had my sales and use taxes done and paid in no time with this software.

There really wasn’t anything I didn’t like about this software.

Jared
Jared
CMO & Founder in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

TaxJar Review

Kommentare: It's very seamless compared to a few other apps like QuickBooks and TurboTax because it automated the tedious processes.

The tax jar is very comprehensive and good for a lot of different commerce businesses or people thinking about going online with their current service businesses.

The softwares cost to implement is more than it's worth to pay for monthly with a subscription.

Christian
Web Designer in USA

Nice Software But Not A Good Fit For Me

Seemed like a very useful piece of software for my Shopify Store, however I just didn't integrate very well with my particular website, so we had to uninstall it.

Our online store and tax type didn't work well with the software.