Splashtop Business Access

Splashtop Business Access Bewertungen

von Splashtop

Great remote support software for reasonable cost.

Roger M.
Sole Proprietor
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Splashtop saves me countless trips to customer sites and I am also able to support long distance customers which extends my company's market reach.

Vorteile: Light on resources. Can customize deployment packages for the customer to download themselves via a link.

Nachteile: I haven't seen the feature of being able to boot into Safe Mode and control the desktop yet.

Splashtop puts others to Shame

Bewertet am 23.8.2019
Ben M.
IT Architect
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Controlling machines, the fact that it supports UAC prompts, file transfer ability, all of those are reasons that this works well for our business.

Vorteile: To be honest value is the number one reason I love this software. Compared to other solutions the cost is lower, but the product is high quality and is used on a daily basis.

Nachteile: No support for Linux. We have several Linux machines that we would like to manage, but the support for Linux has been little to none. They have an old version for Linux, and it has not been updated in a while.

Every update is a major step forward

Bewertet am 22.1.2020
Kaes A.
Surgeon
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: An essential part of my work day as it helps me connect with different machines.
Certainly worth the money.

Vorteile: Design is simple and intuitive
Cost is very reasonable compared to other competitors.
Copy and paste feature between screens is fantastic
Every update is a major step forward and keeps getting better

Nachteile: Connection can drop at times
Wake up feature sometimes unpredictable even when correct settings in place

The LogMeIn Alternative

Bewertet am 13.12.2019
Kenneth B.
IT Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We used LogMeIn for years until they almost quadrupled their prices. We looked and found Splashtop. It offered almost all of the same functionality at a fraction of the cost. It was lacking some polish at first but over the years they have greatly improved upon their product. I use it daily to manage the users at my company remotely and I haven't had any issues.

Vorteile: The cost versus LogMeIn. We pay a fraction of what we were paying with LogMeIn even before their price hike. Also it allows for a lot more client machines at the same price

Nachteile: It was lacking some polish in the beginning but they have steadily been rolling out new features. They are on par with LogMeIn now.

Splashtop Disappointment

Bewertet am 30.9.2019
Thomas S.
president

Kommentare: Sometimes it works, sometimes not so much. I have logged into a customer, rebooted and when the customer opens the splashtop app it goes away and there is no way to log in using splashtop. The video is sketchy and the file transfer works most of the time. Support is clueless and the follow up is very poor. If you need to service your clients in a timely manner, this may not work for you.

Vorteile: It's very user friendly and allows many features

Nachteile: Sometimes it is slow, the video quality varies from good to poor.

This software saved my business

David B.
Computer-Hardware, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Most of the support tasks that I perform now are with Splashtop Business Access, and physical visits to clients are now rare. Much of the work is after hours when businesses are closed, so it works very well for me.

Vorteile: The one thing that had me committed was the low cost after the massive price increases I was experiencing from Logmein. Splashtop has improved in performance, reliability and feature-set considerably over the several years I've been using it, and I cannot praise it more highly. The company also listen carefully to their users and have fixed minor issues along the way. All versions of Windows from XP upwards are supported, including servers.

Nachteile: There are very few cons. Very old PCs with poor graphics capability maybe rather slow, but there is an add-on driver that helps. Thankfully these issues are very rare, and those machines should have been upgraded anyway. Full Dual Monitor support is an additional paid option, but I can live without that.

Awesome tool for a great price - SOOO much better than Teamviewer

Bewertet am 6.12.2019
Mckay S.

Kommentare: It works great. I used Teamviewer in the past and Teamviewer made you put in codes everytime you wanted to use it and weird stuff like that. Didn't seem like it was meant for long-term access to certain computers.

Vorteile: Splashtop is really easy to use once you get it set up. I also like that it was the "wake" feature which is a lifesaver. I use it to remotely access client's computers if I need to do something for them under their network. It's quite easy to use and I can have it setup to easily select the computer I need to log into.

Nachteile: Even with the wake feature, it doesn't always work (probably due to the computer not being connected to the internet etc.) but it's much better than alternatives. Really it does everything it is supposed to do so I don't have any other complaints.

More Economical than Logmein

Bewertet am 11.11.2019
Heidi T.
Systems Administrator

Kommentare: Have been testing this as an alternative to Logmein. So far, no problems, all of our users are impressed by how quick it is and how well the desktop is rendered remotely. Seems more robust than Logmein.

Vorteile: Love how it has all of the features of Logmein at nearly half the price. It seems to work better and have more features, too.

Nachteile: Don't particularly care for the desktop application because there are more features available on the web version.

Splashtop is a great low cost alternative

Bewertet am 13.11.2019
Russ S.
IT Manager
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Super easy to set it up. I hadit working on 10 computers within an hour and tested each connection. Good Stuff!

Vorteile: Price and Super easy setup of computers. I wanted something that worked and was low cost. Splashtop fit the bill, It was easy to setup and use.

Nachteile: Honestly I can't think about anything that I don't like about Splashtop. I did a search on remote access software and Splashtop seemed to fit the bill, inexpensive and simple.

Splashtop helps us in crucial times access is needed

Bewertet am 5.2.2020
Alexander K.
Video Producer
Medienproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My teams overall experience with Splashtop has been awesome! It’s come in handy so many times.

Vorteile: I love the high quality streaming of the remote access. The options in settings let your prioritize quality or speed and it comes in handy depending on the project or task you are working on. Also the pass through audio is so important when accessing computers remotely so you can listen or review details.

Nachteile: There’s nothing I don’t like about it. The platform is solid, affordable, reliable, versatile and of high quality.

Clean and Easy

Bewertet am 2.8.2019
Mike B.
Technical Operations Manager
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I use it for tech support of all our computers inside or outside my network. Great for those road warriors that are gone all week.

Vorteile: Can remote into existing computers from a list it gives you at will using the small client software or buy the SOS module and have the user go to a website, give you a number, and you remote into any computer. You can setup different admins to see a different list of computer to remote into. Once you setup the credentials you can remote in easily at will.

Nachteile: When doing a file transfer sometimes you closes the connection. They have been working on this and may have it fixed by now.

If you are using TeamViewer - Switch now!

Ryan N.
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It has been good. I was searching for an alternative to TeamViewer that wasn't going to kill my one-man-company. This lets me manage the few servers I need too without having to pay a ton of cash. The file transfer works great, and the screen sharing is solid. Stays connected for DAYS.

Vorteile: It works way better than other screen sharing apps I have used. It just works. I also like the cost - compared to teamviewer, it is more reasonably priced and I don't have to fight bugs all the time. It works when you switch to wifi - long time teamviewer bug!

Nachteile: The only problem I have had (and it was short lived) was that it is easy to close the remote client accidentally. Once you realize it needs to stay running (and don't close the tray icon) - you don't have any problems. I caught this very early on.

I have been using Splashtop for some time now and have had very few issues with it overall.

Bewertet am 5.1.2018
Chris B.
Kunststoffe, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am able to start my day from home in order to get my crew working sooner with what they need whether I am there or not and I can do it from anywhere which gives me more flexibility as a business owner.

Vorteile: I do cad work and thought it was better than LogMe In Pro which I had used for several years, but the file transfer function is very useful as I work from home at times and need that ability when programming or modifying various programs at times. I also do a good bit of estimating and that also requires the ability to transfer files or even log in to Quickbooks to send the quotation. It serves my needs very well. The support team is superior and I had a very good response from them recently when it was determined that it was my pc causing the issue so a clean install was all it took to put me back to where I was originally. All of these types of software apps can have quirky issues that can be a problem at times but I find that Splashtop really works well with very few minor issues. It gives you a lot of options on how to use it as well and that is always good in varying environments or situations.

Nachteile: There is very little to complain about and as I said previously, I think any issues that I have experienced were due to an install that maybe didn't go well but how would you ever know until you ask the support team and once I did the problem was fixed! I really like that so no cons to report here!

Great Product

Gary D.
Finance Officer
Staatsverwaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The software boots up very quickly, makes quick connections with remote computers and makes remote access a breeze.

Vorteile: Splashtop is fast, allows using any printer on your local computer and is inexpensive.

Nachteile: When copying a new set of files from a remote computer, I've had to occasionally rename the existing files in order to have an error free transfer. This has mostly happened when attempting to overwrite Quick Books files, but either renaming the existing files or deleting them solves the problem.

Help your business grow with Splashtop Business Access

Julie L.
Buchhaltung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The company is wonderful. The tech support is quick and effective and they don't stop until they get your problem solved as well as have great follow up after the fact. The price is affordable and the downloads quick.

Vorteile: We love the ease of setup for both us and our customers. When a new client comes on board, we simply send them the link, and in no time we are securely connected to their device.

Nachteile: That there is difficulty transferring very large files such as their QB desktop back up file

A Splashtop Review.

Bewertet am 20.8.2018
Ryan T.
Business Manager
Gewerbeimmobilien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Splashtop Business Access, overall, is great for projects involving file transfer and remote support. The program really has the upper hand in terms of lower cost and ease of use when it comes to security. Splashtop uses two separate applications - a server, which is installed on the machine you want to log in to, and also a viewer, installed on machines that you want to view from. The software provides an overall productive experience in that the separate application method assists in utilizing remote access software to run other employees computers who are working remotely in terms of technical support or demonstrations.

Vorteile: Splashtop sessions encrypted at 256-bit and includes many features that can be accessible while working remotely: speedy file transfer, and sleekly designed chat window, and community clipboards. Splashtop is also compatible with mobile devices. I like that employees can restart the remote machine in safe mode on one machine while working on or trouble-shooting an issue on another employee's computer. For your money, the basic remote access functionality is top notch.

Nachteile: A drawback of Splashtop might be the idea that separating the viewer application and the server application may be confusing because one cannot restart the remote machine from the viewer's toolbar. You must return to the server application and choose options that direct you to a dialogue box. You then have to manually select the reboot process in safe mode.

Leader of the pack

Bewertet am 20.12.2018
Lance A.
IT Manager
Öl & Energie, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Through the various subscription options, I can be the superhero I need to be without using proximity as an excuse/crutch. With Splashtop, I can investigate and resolve most any problem using an Internet connected device. Whether I'm in the office, at home or out of reach, all I need is the Internet and I'm my company's biggest and best problem solver.

Vorteile: Everything...and I mean it. Splashtop is lightweight, easy to deploy, has tons of features/options, etc. All the features a small business can/will actually use and at a price-point that isn't considered abusive.

Nachteile: The key word being "did", I was one of the very first to try something not named LMI. At that time, Splashtop was rudimentary and lacked a tremendous amount of functionality. But that's all in the past now. I still use LMI and TeamViewer in various capacities and for different reasons (not by choice), but my go-to is (and has been for 3 years now) SPLASHTOP. For the form, feature and function, there's nothing in the pay-for space that even comes close, period.

Need to try Product

Bewertet am 11.8.2019
John B.
IT Specialist
Versicherung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great product!

Vorteile: Deployment/Installation to clients
Resolution

Nachteile: Everyone can always grow.
Have more Administrators

Splashtop

Bewertet am 25.9.2019
IT Analyst/Technician
Tierarzt, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has helped us in customer service to remotely help our clients reliably.

Vorteile: It works very well and allows multiple connections and it is very easy to switch between connections.
Lot of features that you can do without remotely connecting to the computer.

Nachteile: Sometimes it will crash and will require a computer reboot.
I don't think there is anything else that I don't like about it.

Great remote software

Jonathan A.
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I have been using this solution for probably 6 or more years. I love the fact that it supports all platforms. I use it on my iPad on a regular basis.

Vorteile: Significantly less expensive than Logmein and some of the other remote access tools. Has all of the same features as some of the more expensive solutions.

Nachteile: Multi screen support is not available in the Business Access Solo.

Quick access and easy to use

Bewertet am 5.8.2019
Cara D.
CFO
Verpackung und Container, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: With a small management team, we use Splashtop to work from home regularly. During Shareholder lunch meetings we are able to access real time data simply and quickly. Splashtop is amazing for our company.

Vorteile: Whether I'm away from my desk for 10 minutes or for a vacation I can easily login to our network and get work done. The connectivity is excellent as is the accessibility.

Nachteile: It is a little more difficult to navigate on a phone than a tablet or computer but still much easier than the previous provider we used.

Outstanding Software!

Yasmin W.
Buchhaltung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: In comparison, it is the best remote access for business to most out there.

Vorteile: The ease of use!
You don't have to be a savvy tech person to use this software.

Nachteile: None that I can think of.
Any problems I have, I can figure out within minutes.

Replacement Software

Arthur D.
Town Justice
Justiz, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: The price is what initially attracted me, but then features, ease of use and other items attracted me. I was looking for a replacement of my "computer to computer" software that I had been using for about 8 years, but had increased pricing by about 700% this year. I found Splashtop through a search engine and it was less than what I had been paying for the previous with more features than I previously had. I do quite a bit of work from home and, quite frankly, Splashtop is better than the previous software for the features I needed.

Nachteile: So far I can't complain about anything. I had a security question before I set Splashtop up, but a quick call to customer support answered my question (which I could have found the answer to if I had taken the time to read the manuals in the first place.

Great product, great value!

Rory T.
IT
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: As a programmer working remotely, I use this product daily. My personal internet speed is slow but I've never had a problem with connecting, transferring files or working remotely. I highly recommend this product to anyone looking for remote access.

Vorteile: 1. Great value compared to comparable products.
2. Easy to install
3. Easy to use
4. Fast, even on slow connections
5. File transfers work great
6. Never have a problem hanging.

Nachteile: I've been using this product for a year and a half and I don't have any negative comments.

Splashtop - Probably the one you should choose!

Bewertet am 31.7.2019
Michael B.
Coordinator of Network and Technology Services
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I remember when many of these programs were free to use. Unfortunately, the need for security and management has changed all that. There were few programs that support remote printing to local printers, and my management needed this feature. Splashtop was always an option on list, but having this feature put it right up there. The rest of it, once the initial setup has been completed, has been a dream from other free type programs. You really do get what you pay for.

Vorteile: Splashtop has all the major features I need in a remote access software.
I can connect in, using typical brokered connection remote access.
I can do some basic file transfers.
I can do some basic copy / paste type features.
It also has some nice print features. I can print from my remote computer (that I am controlling from say, my laptop), and have it come out from the printer on my laptop. Now that is a rare feature. Especially in cross platform situations.
The business usermanagement features are nice for us IT guys.

Nachteile: Splashtop isn't as instantly turn key as some other products.
You have to download the connector, streamer, whatever they want to call it, if you want to remotely control that device. Not the usual client.
The download page may confuse many users as to what item they are looking for.