Astra Web Security Bewertungen

von Astra Security

Über Astra Web Security

Eine Website-Sicherheits-Suite, die Websites vor Hackern, Bots und Bedrohungen schützt, mit Plug-ins für WordPress, OpenCart und Magento.

Erfahre mehr über Astra Web Security

Marius G.
Growth Hacker
    Nicht bewertet
  • Bewertet am 27.6.2019

"My new favorite solution to secure my websites and clean the malware"

Kommentare: I have not yet used their Malware removal as none of my websites were infected, so I cannot vouch for it. However, I'm part of a few communities for webmasters and have only heard success stories regarding Astra's malware removal (both automatic and manual, provided by the team at Astra). I prefer to periodically check the overview in the dashboard, rather than going through each website's report (which are much more detailed, but I don't really think that information is for the average user). Overall, I prefer Astra over any other firewall and malware cleaner tools/services that I have used before. Their dashboard is clean and and easy to understand.

Vorteile: I love the reports they send over email with how many attacks they have blocked on each website. It gives me a better idea of how often these attacks are and how useful it is to protect your websites from them. I also enjoy the fact that we can easily blacklist IPs (either previous attacks or add custom rules).

Nachteile: There really is nothing that I dislike about Astra. Maybe they can add other platforms for notifications besides Slack (although I'm a big fan of Slack and use it daily).

von Astra Security an 28.6.2019

Marius, thank you so much for your encouraging words.
Thanks for the suggestion, we will keep it in the list of future features.
It's a pleasure securing your website too :)

Andréas H.
Computer-Software, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 14.10.2019

"The good and the bad of Astra"

Kommentare: I scan my webpage with it regularily.

Vorteile: It's mostly easy to use. The Support is rather quick to answer. It has potential.

Nachteile: Some functions doesn't even seem to work.
The installation was more troublesome than expected.

von Astra Security an 16.10.2019

Hi Andreas, thank you for your feedback.

Regarding the installation, Astra is usually installed within 2-minutes on any website. However, one reviewing your communication with us from five months ago - during the installation the hiccup you faced was because of your server not configured correctly. Within one hour of you telling us that you weren't able to install, a reply with resolution was sent to you. Though, we never heard back from you if you had any further questions.

Regardless, glad Astra is helping you keep website malware free!

• Bewertet am 14.10.2019
    Nicht bewertet
  • Bewertet am 24.9.2019

"Fast & friendly support team, but..."

Kommentare: After I purchased Astra, I had a contact in the website security space take a deeper look to let me know if it was a good decision. Their response was a little surprising: "They aren't using their own security applications. Instead, they use 3rd-party software located inside the astra_wp/astra/libraries/plugins/ folder:
- PHPIDS ( @copyright 2007-2009 The PHPIDS Group): this PHP firewall was discontinued 10 years ago.
-phpMussel: some kind of PHP anti-virus.
- Several other frameworks & apps.
Basically, they take open-source applications, package them all together, add a nice UI and sell it. There's nothing illegal with that, but protecting a WordPress blog in 2019 with a security application that was discontinued 10 years ago (and thus does not get updates any longer) is not what I would call a "Rock Solid Firewall" as they advertise it on their website." It's possible that my contact missed something and I'd be happy to modify my review if that's the case, but based on his feedback, I of course needed to refund my purchase.

Vorteile: - easy to use
- works with WordPress
- friendly support

Nachteile: - actual level of security is questionable

von Astra Security an 26.9.2019

I'm sorry but this information is quite inaccurate. Just like every security product, the open source projects play a key role and same is the key with Astra. All security companies out there including Cloudflare, Sucuri etc use projects like Mod Security to build on.

Further, as per hundreds of other reviews our firewall is indeed rock solid and one of the most loved feature which we've perfected since years of efforts and continue to do so.

However, what you've mentioned says that Astra is not updated which is not true. We might have used open source projects but have done alot of development on top of that - that's how our firewall and other solutions are way better than any of the competition. Further, Astra comprises of firewall, malware scanner, security audit etc. Tools like malware scanner, security audit, community security are all made in-house.

This is a misinformed review, possibly by a competitor :/

• Bewertet am 24.9.2019
Luis W.
English translator
Übersetzung und Lokalisierung, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 30.7.2019

"Super easy to use and apparently very effective"

Kommentare: I couldn't be happier with Astra's service and functions. Easy to implement, easy to use and it seems really effective in doing what it's supposed to do: protect your site.

Vorteile: One of the things I value most when working with SaaS is simplicity. In this case Astra is not a disappointment. It's as easy as 1, 2, 3. Not only is their UI really easy to navigate, but their onboarding process also makes sense, as they walk you through every step you need to take to implement Astra on your site. Another cool thing is that apart from monitoring and protecting your website, they tell you exactly how and what against, which not all online security services do.

Nachteile: So far I don't have much negative to say. If anything, it would be cool if their WordPress plugin had more functionalities like changing the login app, being able to add URLs to the robots.txt file for them not to be indexed, etc.

• Bewertet am 30.7.2019
Brian W.
Grand Poobah
Schreiben & Editieren, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.7.2019

"Rock solid security, rapid and cheerful customer support"

Kommentare: I've never had a more positive experience with a company or product.

Vorteile: It flat out works. I received a severe hack of my websites, Macbook, and iPhone after a tangerine-tinted politician I opposed and wrote about was elected. These guys brought me back online and have kept me there every minute since, in spite of ongoing daily attacks.

Nachteile: No answer here. Czar Securities are aces, and Astra is bombproof.

Jeheen Z.
Founder and CEO
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.10.2019

"Comprehensive support for techie and non-techie website owners alike"

Kommentare: The features they are advertising is great. One of the most thorough security services at a very affordable cost. They are competing against some very big names in the market. But if they keep up the service and price line, people will soon come over in droves.

Vorteile: Ease of setup. I am not a techie person, I know the basic WordPress setup, and even I didnt have any issue with Astra web security at all.

Nachteile: The UI could use a little more intuitiveness. Maybe a bit more visual aids. Again, this is for non-techie users like me.

von Astra Security an 10.10.2019

Thank you so much, Jeheen! Very soon you will new UI for Astra dashboard with more details. Also, we are constantly adding FAQs to our knowledge base

• Bewertet am 9.10.2019
Julie C.
Business owner
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 17.10.2019

"My website is much safer with Astra"

Vorteile: Before Astra was recommended to me I had a couple of hacks on my site causing me to close it until it was fixed. Astra were really helpful in removing malware and helping to install their software. I'm not technically minded and anything I couldn't do, they sorted out without any fuss. Any questions have been dealt with quickly. I used to get lots of failed attempts to log in to the admin side of my website. I get none now and have had no breaches in security since using them. I'm very happy that I don't have to worry about security as much any more as they do it all for me.

Nachteile: It's quite expensive for a very small business but it probably does pay for itself.

• Bewertet am 17.10.2019
Lu wee T.
Founder & Chief Editor
  • Bewertet am 10.10.2019

"Indispensable software for my daily security monitoring"

Kommentare: I use Astra along with a few other security plugins. Astra filled in the gaps left behind by the other software.

Vorteile: It's very easy to set up and the support team has the right expertise to help you with any security issues that come up. Since installing Astra on my websites, I've seen a massive reduction in hacking, injection and spam instances. I'll definitely install Astra on every site I have moving forward. It's also quite affordable! I like the peace of mind having Astra on my site gives me.

Nachteile: I haven't seen anything I don't like yet. So far so good.

von Astra Security an 10.10.2019

Lu Wee, thank you so much for your encouraging words. Astra would keep securing your website in times to come :)

• Bewertet am 10.10.2019
Ferdinand M.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Grafikdesign, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.7.2019

"We depend on Astra everyday and we have close to a million users. "

Kommentare: The people at Astra are amazing. They will manually review your site and what’s going on and help you if your site has malicious code on it, as well as send you the report of what all went on. The security is top notch. We had it tested by a military facility on Alabama and they couldn’t break through. Great product. Don’t miss out by any means.

Vorteile: It simple, straightforward and gets the job done. I wasn’t searching on how to onboard or how to add my site or what do I do next...none of that. It was done within minutes.

Nachteile: Nothing yet. Everything is pretty much as expected.

Julian S.
Direct
  • Bewertet am 19.7.2019

"Great Security solution"

Vorteile: WordPress security. It helps to block Brute-force attack instantly.

Nachteile: There are some false alarm at first, anyway it solve out by the support.

• Bewertet am 19.7.2019
Phil H.
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

"I'm a fan"

Kommentare: We use Astra to secure our servers against bad bots, injection and cross-scripting exploits, and more. It is deployed in conjunction with country-based IP blocks and, of course, development practices to maximize security. It is amazing how many exploits it logs in a day! It has contributed to lower server loads and helped us understand where and how intruders attack us; invaluable information. The detail provided for each incident makes it easy to block single or multiple IPs and highlight areas where we need to triple check our code for vulnerabilties.

Vorteile: This software is well designed, comprehensive, and flexible. It is also very easy to use. the threat data is presented clearly with a few button options to handle the disposition of each threat. You can also let it run unattended and provides just as much protection. I have a peculiar setup (6 sites on 12 subdomains on 2 servers running from common templates and database). With Astra's help I was able to configure the software to handle this load in the most efficient way possible. and I definitely sleep better at night knowing that this filter is part of our security stack. I have already recommended it to people and will continue to do so. Can't beat it for the price!

Nachteile: It does throw some false positives from time to time, although they are very easy to find and mitigate. I have mentioned this to the Astra team and they are looking at features to accommodate the problem.

von Astra Security an 22.1.2019

Thank you so much, Phil! Simplifying the website security & making it just a matter of few clicks is our aim.

We are trying our best to narrow down on false-positive.

Gerry A.
  • Bewertet am 14.1.2019

"Excellent Website Protection & Security Solutions"

Kommentare: One of our clients is really running their website on an antiquated version of WordPress. Astra not only managed to clean it up of all the malwares, they also have managed to defend the site against hacking pretty successfully.

Vorteile: We have two sites under active protection from Astra. One is our own site and second one is a clients site which is still operating on an antiquated version of WordPress. Our contracts are now into second year running. What do we like about Astra
1. Fast support
2. Up to date with latest protection measures
3. They listen to the feedback and take steps to include the feedback into their systems e.g. when Astra came on board, they had a daily threats reporting feature. We requested them for consolidated reports on monthly basis. Within a few weeks, the monthly reports had become a standard feature in their reporting. This saved us hours of work when reporting progress to our clients.
4. We get to talk to real people and not bots on their chat.

Nachteile: There is nothing to dislike about their software. The dashboard UI is pretty simple and easy to use. Response time is quick and prices are ok.

von Astra Security an 22.1.2019

Thank you so much, Gerry! Simplifying the website security & making it just a matter of few clicks is our aim.

We are adding few more features in the user dashboard to make our product more customised.

• Bewertet am 14.1.2019
Martin R.
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 18.1.2019

"Astra transformed my webhosting experience"

Kommentare: I had a major hack on a wordpress website which, because I use a shared server, spread to all my other sites. Installing getastra just lets me sleep easier at night – they don't solve every problem about hosting wordpress but they nail the biggest one –security.
Crucially the guys are on hand 24/7 365 should an issue arise and furthermore (and quite rare for help desks) the response is both instant and really well-informed. On more than one occasion they have been able to answer questions about issues that are not directly related to their product – this is called going the extra mile. For the record the help is equally responsive by chat or ticket. Again this is rare. One of the great frustrations of support systems is the pesky ticketing system where responses can be 2 to 3 days – this just isn't the case with Astra.
The BIG difference with these guys is that not only do they have a cast-iron WAF they also undertake to clean up in the event something does slip through (not happened yet!). So may WAFs will block hack attempts then walk away if there's a breach just leaving you with a nasty little message saying 'your website has been hacked' – which is really no service at all. It's so good to know that, with Astra, they not only put out the fire but help rebuild the house as well.

Vorteile: Ease of installation, the fact that it works seemlessly in the background and the fact that it works!

Nachteile: Honestly there's not much that could be improved on

von Astra Security an 21.1.2019

Thank you very much for these absolutely amazing words, Martin! We always try to go an extra mile & I'm glad you think the same. Our team says thank you to you for being such a supportive and appreciative customer! Astra will continue to keep securing your website in the times to come :)

John C.
Onlinemedien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.7.2019

"Honest THoughts on Astra"

Kommentare: I wouldn't keep them if I didn't like them. I have been pleased with the customer support overall and I very much like chatting with a real person. I don't feel like my chats or emails just go out into the cloud somewhere as a ticket, never to be seen again. Even though we have been hacked with Astra on the job I feel like that has been more of a weak password issue that the Astra team also helped to identify so we could fix it. I would recommend them to a friend and to me that is the ultimate compliment.

Vorteile: I think the price that I got was very reasonable. I like having the team at Astra at my fingertips when needed. I love using the chat feature on the getastra.com website. It's get's me help quickly when needed. I like that they took a few minutes to teach me how to use the site when I first got started. This has eliminated many questions that I know I would have asked if I hadn't been introduced to the product.

Nachteile: Twice when I had issues with my site, I was hacked, I felt that they were slow to respond. Once they did it was great and the team went to work. But, it took days and getting kind of pissy over email to get a response. They may have even been working on the solution in the background but I didn't know about it so I felt like there was nothing being done. When you have sites down that really sucks.

President and Founder
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 9.7.2019

"The internet is less scary now"

Kommentare: Web security made by geniuses for dummies. They are part of this newly emerging area in business that doesn't treat their customers like crap and produces good products. Its a no brainer purchase I believe, both for people that both have no brain for web-security, and those that specialize in it

Vorteile: Support is always there for you, they are very concerned with customer satisfaction and really do everything they can to make you happy. The software is essentially a security guard with a gun, meaning Astra Web Security protects your website like a hired guard would protect your home while you are away. He has that all too popular 2nd amendment right to bear assault rifles so is powerful enough to prevent attacks, and as you are paying the security guard. he is very nice to you and writes you a nice report on what they did as they want you happy so they don't get fired.

Nachteile: The product is perfect for me, so much so I don't even think about it much. I know that my sites are safe and if something comes up that I don't like, ill just contact customer support and they will be like hey sorry I hear that sucks, we will work on making that function not suck anymore, and they will really do that. It's refreshing, to be honest.

• Bewertet am 9.7.2019
Nenad J.
  • Bewertet am 5.7.2019

"The best security plugin our team has used"

Kommentare: 10/10 - I've suggested this personally on multiple occasions to business and power users needing a step up in the security systems, Have only heard great things back.

Vorteile: Astra makes it super easy to get started, Drag & Drop your files and run the script, We're a company that cares about user security but putting our trust in hard to configure firewalls, Committing to pro-active scanning & paying for cleanups if god forbid a intrusion came up is a thing for the past for us, Astra's ease of use for us is a killer point, and the ability to get more info on how these threats originate is great for when our developers need more info.

Nachteile: I'm a firm believer in the term "If it sounds too good to be true it probably is", Our CMS install was easy to setup and manage - As my above notes state it's literally a few buttons, on our custom PHP framework we did need to commit some time to get it going - A lot of what our website did came up as flagged, In these instances we used their monitoring mode to make sure nothing goes missed and keep track of the logs we know we're making - As with anything this will be improved and was resolved with a quick chat and ticket.

Kurt V.
Automotive, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 16.5.2017

"I like this product and support"

Kommentare: Very good service and fast response. They realy look for a sloution together with their customers and are availeable 24/7. I asked them several questions on sunday late night. I gave them the go on monday and everything was done by tuesday afternoon. But even then they kept on monitoring and communicating with us. I could check if everything was still as we intended and if not they fixed those issues as well. Big thumbs up for these guys from Modelers-Heaven.

Vorteile: Very good service and fast response. They realy look for a sloution together with their customers and are availeable 24/7. I asked them several questions on sunday late night. I gave them the go on monday and everything was done by tuesday afternoon. But even then they kept on monitoring and communicating with us. I could check if everything was still as we intended and if not they fixed those issues as well. Big thumbs up for these guys from Modelers-Heaven.

Nachteile: Not really anything, it's been a good experience. If at all i have to go with something, I'd say I'm waiting for a couple of features.

von Astra Security an 15.1.2019

Kurt, thank you so much for your encouraging words! We always try to go an extra mile to delight our customers. We'll continue to keep on securing your website and provide an amazing support :)

• Bewertet am 16.5.2017
Chris C.
Internet, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 27.6.2019

"Couldn't be any easier!"

Kommentare: Astra Web Security is a quality product with a quality team behind them. I make my living from the internet so security is a must to ensure the income continues to flow consistently. I can sleep at night knowing that Astra is working 24/7 to keep my sites safe and secure. I would definitely recommend anyone who operates the same type of business to look into Astra security.

Vorteile: Definitely the easiest feature of Astra is how easy it was to install and configure on my sites. I also like the fact that I can log in and see the stats of how many attempts/attacks were made on my site(s) daily. Which I could not easily see with other security software. I do have peace of mind that my sites are protected and will operate securely, and that my assets will be safe. The support is quick and responsive to any queries I have had which (in my mind) is always a indication of a reputable team behind the software.

Nachteile: At this stage I have not experienced any issues, and any minor issues (which ended up being user issues) that I did come across was quickly resolved by their support.

von Astra Security an 28.6.2019

Thank you very much for these absolutely amazing words, Chris! We always try to go an extra mile & I'm glad you think the same. Astra will continue to keep securing your website in the times to come.

Danny S.
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 8.7.2019

"Astra Web Security is the way to go1"

Kommentare: I had a client with an active breach. Once it was brought to my company's attention we began sourcing a partner to help mitigate future breaches. Astra Web Security not only helped to protect against the breach it also was able to look at records and track the original time frame of the breach and a little more info than we had gathered on the attack. Their services proved invaluable, which is why we decided to partner with them. They performed an audit on the clients' web server and provided additional tips to help secure their platform. Their industry-specific knowledge is worth every penny.

Vorteile: Ease of use
Sense of Security
Visualization
Automation
Control
Regular reports and updates
Extremely Knowledgeable Support

Nachteile: Can't use it for all of my Platforms and Clients
Would love an option to run an onsite Appliance or VM to use as a WAF for everything.

• Bewertet am 8.7.2019
John M.
Linux Developer & Customer Support Representative
  • Bewertet am 22.1.2019

"Absolutely the best WAF available today"

Kommentare: It completely protects our opencart from being hacked. We've been using Astra for two years now. Installs easily and requires zero maintenance.
comes with daily reports which give you peace of mind.

Vorteile: It completely protects our opencart from being hacked. We've been using Astra for two years now. Installs easily and requires zero maintenance.
comes with daily reports which give you peace of mind.

Nachteile: Not single issue ever so no cons. I simply cannot find one downside to Astra.

von Astra Security an 28.1.2019

Thank you so much, John! Astra would keep securing your website in times to come :)

Andrew H.
MAnager
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 22.1.2019

"Super easy & fast - great REAL support and great service to boot."

Kommentare: Super easy & fast. Well above what I expected.
Well done Astra.

Vorteile: Real people in real time answering emails or on chat make you feel like the service is well worth it and top notch. The astra team are all super helpful and fast working. Any queries are answered every time and they walk you through anything that is needed. Best of all if you say to them to just take care of things they do!

Nachteile: The dashboard needs some tweaking for ease of use in a few places but they are working on that already I am told. Still works foe however.

von Astra Security an 28.1.2019

Andrew, thank you so much for your encouraging words! We always try to give best possible support & I'm glad you think the same

Simplifying the setup process & adding more features to the user dashboard is at the top of our roadmap.

Davide V.
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.6.2019

"Simple to user and it work perfect"

Kommentare: I'm using Astra Web Security for a while now and I got 16 licences with them, so I been using on most Worpdress website together as well in some project with Wordfence and it work very good. I like more because is more light and it use less resource of my server.
What it make so special is for sure the support team that answer very quickly. I even wrote a review in italian about this amazing service (is in italian) : https://www.volpatodavide.com/recensione-astra-security/ but you can translate.
Anyway I strong suggest Astra.

Vorteile: I like the simplicity of the installation process on Wordpress CMS, and the notification of each login attempt, the support with LIVE and REAL people not bot that always answer the some thing over and over, and I like the malware scan.

Nachteile: I would like to see some more details about the attack is made

Melvin Y.
  • Bewertet am 12.12.2019

"Protects Wordpress Sites Effortlessly"

Kommentare: Web application security prevention and hardening. An often-overlooked yet important process to protect our online presence.

Vorteile: Web security is an area which is out of our expertise and we need a fuss-free solution that protects our wordpress sites from malware bots. Astra provides us with a simple web application firewall and what we really like is the scheduled malware scanning and automated malware cleanup (soon).

Nachteile: Hate to say this but their user interface can really be improved. Right now, it seems pretty unprofessional with its candy-colored design. Maybe is just me.

• Bewertet am 12.12.2019
Taimoor K.
Digital Marketer
  • Bewertet am 25.6.2019

"The Best Wordpress Security Plugin"

Kommentare: I was previously using malcare and sucuri but I decided to give Astra a try 2 months ago and quite frankly I am very satisfied with their service and support, I had some minor issues which the team was able to fix in no time and they are always available and also they are constantly rolling out new updates and adding features. I finally have peace of mind after I installed Astra as protecting a WordPress website from malicious code and hackers is a very tough job especially if you are using woocommerce but I have full confidence in Astra and also their technical engineers.

Vorteile: The customer and technical support is very professional

Nachteile: Some of the features which I need i.e. scheduling the malware scan and reporting function those are still under development (which will be available soon) but otherwise, I am very satisfied with their support and overall service.

von Astra Security an 28.6.2019

Thank you very much for these absolutely amazing words, Taimoor! We always try to go an extra mile & I'm glad you think the same. Our team says thank you to you for being such a supportive and appreciative customer!

The malware scanner features are on the top of our list & you will soon see them functional in your dashboard.

Astra will continue to keep securing your website

• Bewertet am 25.6.2019
Roy S.
Lebensmittelproduktion, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 18.10.2019

"Astra Security just works"

Kommentare: The GUI is a little clunky, especially the WordPress plugin but the website is good enough to see what’s been going on. The biggest plus is that I really feel I can just trust this service to do as it says and get on with the website itself.

Vorteile: I was getting hacked more than I realised. This software service stopped the attacks dead and I now have visibility of exactly what goes on on my website in a simple to understand way. The customer support is brilliant and they are helpful.

Nachteile: It’s a little pricey but it certainly works. Quality costs money.

• Bewertet am 18.10.2019