ABILITY Network

ABILITY Network Bewertungen

von ABILITY Network

Very pleased with ease of use for outpatient rehab

Bewertet am 6.12.2017
Raegan F.

Kommentare: The ease of use and the dependability are top notch.

Vorteile: We've found them so easy to use. We've been using this for over 12 years and transitioned from transmitting via single phone line to web based transmissions. Our primary use is to transmit Medicare claims. Never had any problems in the years we've been using them. We are always contacted personally in regards to upgrades in software and the changes being made.

Nachteile: Being with them for so long, we've seen the price increase over time. While it really hasn't been that bad, especially compared to other software, it has steadily gone up with a new increase just this month.

long-term ABILITY user, long-term fan!

Bewertet am 27.6.2017
Kathryn S.
CFO
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It streamlined our electronic billing process, and also enabled us to track claims which results in faster turnaround times and quicker payments from intermediaries.

Vorteile: The interface is VERY user-friendly, even the facility administrator - who is certainly NOT very computer-literate - can navigate the portal.
Each aspect of the software (billing reports, patient eligibility, etc) is clean and easily found on the home page; the home page work space is also customizable for each user, enabling them to prioritize which applications within the portal they want up front on their home page.
They have a la carte pricing, so you can add certain applications - such as a portal to handle ADRs from your MAC all electronically - and then remove them once done (or after the year.)

Nachteile: There honestly isn't much we don't like about Ability Network. There have been occasional outages which were not communicated by the company, but other wise we are satisfied.

Do not use this company. Poor Cancelation Policy. Buyer beware.

Bewertet am 3.8.2018
Frank T.
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, Selbstständig

Kommentare: They are raising their prices, so it is not a good deal if you are a small practice. I was with MDOnline when Ability acquired them, and Ability kept me in a similar pricing structure, which was nice of them. As they raised their prices to a price that was not feasible for my business to maintain, Ability managed to squeeze out of my business due to their not canceling my account for 90 days. I didn't even use their services in the 90 cancelation period and they still charge you regardless. Buyer beware.

Vorteile: Software was easy to use and has not issues. Prompt payment and everything was great until I tried to cancel.

Nachteile: Poor cancelation policy, be careful if you are going to use this service. They have a horrible cancelation policy. Ability will not cancel your account for 90 after a cancelation request. They will charge you the monthly fee for those three months, even if you do not use their services, and they will charge you their annual maintenance fee if that fee comes up during the 90 day period. They say they can do nothing about the maintenance fee and whatever fees pop up in the 90 period the consumer is responsible for. Use Office Ally, much better company and their services are free.

ABSOLUTELY THE WORST COMPANY WITH WHOM I HAVE EVER DONE BUSINESS! STAY AWAY!!

Bewertet am 18.9.2019
Physician in private practice
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Kommentare: I used it to bill Medicare over a telephone modem, which worked seamlessly. When Medicare ended that option, I signed with Ability as a clearinghouse. Ability's techs altered my free version of PC ACE and made it so that it required a different password to open the program, enter claims, and transmit them. They signed me up for a one year contract. Soon after, I discovered Office Ally, which is the direct opposite of Ability and FAR superior. I stopped transmitting claims through Ability. Nevertheless I was forced to keep paying for the year's contract. Then I learned that the contract had renewed automatically and had to pay them for another year in spite of not transmitting through them! I was told that at the contract's end, my software would be restored to its pre-Ability state so that the passwords for the quarterly updates would no longer be required. My second year ended in August 2019. As of now I am locked out of my software because I refuse to continue paying Ability, since my contract has ended, and they are refusing to give me the password or make me whole. SO MAKE NOTE OF THIS: Once you let Ability into your work life, it's very similar to signing up with Hell's Angels. IT'S FOREVER! The other unfavorable reviews here are right on target. This company is as bad as they come! DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT SIGNING UP WITH THEM! THE ABSOLUTE WORST! AWFUL!

Vorteile: The free version of PC ACE, downloaded and supported for free from Medicare, is an excellent medical billing program. It has many advantages over paper claims. I used it to bill Medicare over a telephone modem. When Medicare ended that option, I signed with Ability as a clearinghouse. They altered my free version of PC ACE and made it so that it required a different password to open the program, enter claims, and transmit them. ABILITY then holds you hostage to pay them every month, in the form of a minimum one year contract that renews automatically and requires 3 months advance notice to cancel. Even then, it doesn't cancel, and the password requirement continues!

Nachteile: It becomes a nightmare once Ability installs the requirement of their password in order to access your data, enter data, and transmit claims. Let me be clear: PC Ace is a wonderful software program for medical claims. Ability Network takes it and manipulates it and the customer to their advantage. An analogy would be that a sharp knife is a wonderful implement, until someone uses it to stab you repeatedly in the back!

NOT WORTH THE PRICE!

Bewertet am 24.12.2019
Dalia D.
Private Practice Owner
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Customer service is TERRIBLE. Called to request the price increase at least be waived, but I was told that was not possible. Then I was reminded that my contract renews in January and they require 60 days notice to cancel. It's the end of December. I asked if that could be waived and again a hard no. Asked to speak to a supervisor and told that one does not exist. They do not send out term reminders out like other decent companies. Lastly, they have harassed me endlessly to add on more products and pay even more even though I told them I had no interest repeatedly.

Vorteile: Software is decent, nothing special. Serves my needs as a professional in private practice who bills claims monthly.

Nachteile: They raise their prices yearly without adding new features. I started at $50 a month in 2016 and now am expected to pay over $80 when I make less than 30 claims a month.

Unhappy Customer

Bewertet am 25.1.2018
Dee F.
A/R Director

Vorteile: The programs that Ability offered initially are valuable and sensible tools. They made work easier and reliable. COMPLETE, EASE and CHOICE are useful.

Nachteile: The All Payer Claim EASE is the exception to the simple usage of EASE, COMPLETE and CHOICE. The video instructions are time wasters and there isn't any written guidance. APC EASE is unreliable. Customer Service is unresponsive.

BEWARE OF FINE PRINT POLICIES BEHIND THE SCENE RULES ON CANCELATION REQUIREMENTS

Bewertet am 30.11.2018
Christy S.
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: EASY TO USE, HELPFUL IN DAILY WORK, EASY TO LEARN, MULTIPLE OPTIONS AVAILABLE, QUICK TO SIGN UP AND GET STARTED.

Nachteile: FINE PRINT THAT YOU HAVE TO GIVE MULTIPLE MONTHS OF NOTICE TO STOP THE SOFTWARE. I GAVE ADVANCED NOTICE BUT THEY SAID IT WAS SHORT A COUPLE OF DAYS AND RENEWED MY CONTRACT WITHOUT KNOWING IT AFTER I CANCELLED AND SENT ME TO ATTORNEY FOR $4000 FOR REMAINDER OF NEW CONTRACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOULD NOT DISCUSS ISSUES ABOUT IT OR NEGOTIATE OR RETURN CALLS, DID NOT WARN DURING CANCELATION DISCUSSION THAT THIS WOULD BE RENEWED AND BILLED AT A LATER DATE, WONT RETURN CALLS ABOUT ISSUES AFTER THEY SEND THE ACCOUNT OUT WITHOUT WARNING!

Worst Customer Service Ever! They mistakenly cancelled our account and then denied us access to it.

Bewertet am 5.1.2018
Cathy T.
Billing

Vorteile: Software okay

Nachteile: We are talking about potentially 2 to 3 days work. The total incompetence of the staff there is a disgrace.
As of today, 1/5/18, we have been using my ability since 2010 or 11. I called to ask how to add a new payer and the rep said "Oh this account was cancelled in 2015". I said "that's a mistake I used it today" and she went ahead and locked me out instead of saying "Oh I'm sorry let's figure this out, you need to have a contract" which we would have been happy to sign one. A sales rep called back to set up the account (an account we've had for 7 years). I told her I need access to all of the claims for the past year and she said "oh no you can't have access to those" I have never encountered such incompetence in my life. Now I have to retype over 100 claims which means I have to get out all of authorizations, etc. What a disgrace!!! Morons

Current Customer

Bewertet am 8.1.2019
Psychotherapist-Social Worker
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Adequate. Gets the job done. I am thinking of switching but it is time consuming to do so.
Better customer service would be great.

Vorteile: It is easy to use I believe. I have not used another service, so I do not know if there are other services that are easier.

Nachteile: Very long wait time for customer service. Once contact is made, I am often transferred and once that happens the call is 'dropped'. And, I am unable to look at billing records two years ago. This is problematic for several reasons but especially if I want to compare my billing records and my notes.

TERRIBLE COMPANY

Bewertet am 3.9.2019
Mary S.
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I called for information and spoke to a Salesperson, who made the program sound good, and she offered me a discount if I signed up right away. She faxed the paperwork and asked me to sign. She did not explain that I was signing up for a year contract. I signed and returned the paperwork. In the process of setting up the Ability Account, I got information about another clearinghouse that better met my needs. I called to cancel Ability and was told I was in a 12 month contract. Nobody responded to my emails or questions. I had to pay the full amount for services I did not use. I paid a lump sum , believing that I had fulfilled my contract, and then was turned into collections for the final amount. This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Be cautious!!!!

Vorteile: Software was not installed, so I cannot make a judgement.

Nachteile: Software was not installed, so I cannot make a judgement.

Bewertet am 9.6.2017
Pamela M.
Practice Manager
Medizinische Praxis, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Numerous. We check all of our Blue Cross Blue Shield eligibility, refunds, claim payment, e-mail BCBS etc.

Vorteile: The look. It is clean and easy to follow. It has several functionalities. The support is great. It gives us all the tools for our AR.

Good experience and excellent platform to submit patient claims

Bewertet am 5.6.2018
Maggie P.
CEO/Therapist
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It's quick and easy to use with simple redirection of screens.

Vorteile: Fast and easy to use when submitting claims. Contacting customer service is easy with not much wait. Contacting customer service is quick to let me know the problem. Customer service is very professional and polite.

Nachteile: Currently free to use because I am choosing to have 1 insurance company to submit claims. Must pay if using more than a certain amount of insurance companies. Other clearing house software companies are free which makes a difference in revenue for my company.

Ability Network

Bewertet am 6.12.2017
Rachel S.
Administrative Assistant

Vorteile: Our primary use for Ability Network is to transmit our Medicare claims. Our company has been using this software for over 12. Customer service is top notch and always contact us directly when it comes to software updates.

Nachteile: The only con that I have with this software is the price increase however we do not have any other problems.

Awful

Bewertet am 4.6.2018
Christina P.
Clinical Social Worker

Kommentare: The claims service is pretty good, but the customer service really ruins the whole product.

Vorteile: The Claims service called CHOICE is easy to use once you get used to it. You can easily copy old claims and just change the dates.

Nachteile: This company has the worst customer service. The sales people lied to me about what one of their services would provide and they refuse to terminate my contract early. I have talked to 10 or more people regarding this issue and they often take weeks or months to reply. They do not like to connect you to supervisors and often give vague responses that don't make sense. If you have to use this company, make sure you get everything in writing, they are not trustworthy. Also you need to cancel 3 months in advance or you are stuck in a new 1 year contract- which is not made clear. I'm really disappointed with this company and urge you NOT to use it.

Good!

Bewertet am 13.12.2017
Chelsey R.
Receptionist

Vorteile: What I like most about this software is there customer service! They are always there to help when we contact them.

Nachteile: What I like least about this software is not much really, but the increase is price was not something we liked to hear.

It worked ok for the first year, then things went wrong.

Bewertet am 28.11.2017
Owner and Chiropractor

Kommentare: A bill of unused services and being sent to collections.

Vorteile: I was able to upload my claims after a few complicated steps. It seemed ok in the beginning with their sales call. They took over another similar provider that I had for claims processing previously.

Nachteile: Difficult to use, and they rope you into an automatic contract that you can't get out of. They bill you monthly, then send you to collections before the contract is even up. They are worse than a gym membership.

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE

Bewertet am 6.12.2018
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: The clearinghouse features are easy enough to use and learn without much assistance. However it does not make up for the lack of communication you receive from customer service.

Nachteile: When you have troubleshooting issues or are upgrading services the only responsive team is the sales person because he wants to close the deal. The implementation specialists and customer service are completely unresponsive and lack a sense of urgency to fix problems.

Terrible customer service and overpriced

Bewertet am 17.4.2018
Josephine F.
LCSW

Vorteile: Software is easy to use and that's about it. Everything else about them was awful. They provided good service when they were MD Online, but the service went downhill after they became Ability. Very difficult to get anyone at Ability to respond by phone or email.

Nachteile: When I attempted to cancel the service, they informed me that I had a contract, which I never knew about. When I told the rep that I never remembered signing a contract and asked for a copy of this contract, they never sent it to me. Instead, they sent my account to collections. Very poor customer service.

Horrible customer service!

Bewertet am 1.2.2018
Regional Vice President of Sales
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
Quelle: GetApp

Vorteile: There is nothing I like about this company and I desperately would like to stop being billed every month for services I don’t want.

Nachteile: Very tricky billing, with auto renewal that rolls you into a new 12 month agreement. If you miss the 60 day notice of termination by one day you will be locked into paying for another 12 months whether or not you want to continue doing business with this company.

The product and the staff are sub par.

Bewertet am 21.4.2019
Jackie B.
Psychologist
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Negative. awful communication and cannot get someone to call back. individuals were not knowledgable

Vorteile: that I was able to opt out after 3 months notice

Nachteile: everything. staff is unavailable for questions--pricing changes depending on who you talk to

Sleazy-do not choose this company!

Bewertet am 31.1.2018
Carey R.

Nachteile: Be very careful dealing with this company. They have very tricky contract terms that will be used to ripoff the customer. Stay far away!

Do not do business with this company . They are dishonest crooks.

Bewertet am 22.1.2018
Matt P.
PRESIDENT

Nachteile: Absolutely the worst! They are very overpriced for their services and they require a 1 year contract, which they will not inform you of but will hold you to. Use Zirmed they are better priced, have great customer service and have no long term contract. I wish I had read the BBB website first.