Über Remember The Milk

Füge mit dieser webbasierten Aufgabenanwendung für vielbeschäftigte Personen deine Aufgaben hinzu, erstelle oder teile deine Listen und weise anderen Aufgaben zu.

Erfahre mehr über Remember The Milk

Low costs: all you need is in the free version.

Not many downsides observed while using the application. Main problem is that the app is not so spread among other users.

Bewertungen zu Remember The Milk

4,0

Remember The Milk hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 51 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Remember The Milk bereits verwendet?

Chris P.
Chris P.
President in USA

Best Organizational Tool I have Found

Kommentare: I very much enjoy this product and it has helped me tremendously as it has made me more productive.

I've used many options to organize my small business and RTM seems to balance the need for simplicity while still providing a quality product. Obviously fits in the budget! The daily notifications allow me to stay on top of the tasks I need to get done.

I wish the sorting function was a little more robust but other than that what more can you ask for?

Software Engineer in USA
Medizinische Geräte, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

The one-stop tool to drive my life

Kommentare: I started with RTM as a tool to record my To-Dos and now it has turned as my guide for the day. Apart from issues in switching timezones while traveling and still maintaining the position of recurring tasks, there's almost nothing I can complain about the tool.

- Available on all platforms I can think of, including BlackBerry 10! - Recording tasks is as easy on a mobile device as on a desktop/web-page - Completing tasks feel more natural than any other tool I've used - The number of tools available to organize tasks is enormous: lists (and smart-lists), tags, contacts, locations, etc. - Filters is one of my most favorite things in RTM

- There's no concept to view multiple lists in a single view as Todoist does - I wish there could be different containers for personal, work, more

Joanne B.
Designer in USA
Bekleidung & Mode, Selbstständig

I keep forgetting to use it

3 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: If I could remember to use it more often it would be helpful. I need a reminder for setting my reminders apparently

The logo mostly and also the brand name.

It's not that I didn't like the software, it's that I'm terrible at keeping track of things digitally in general.

Jocelyn E.
English teacher in Mexiko
Bildungsmanagement, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Amazing app!

Kommentare: Amazing! I just love using Remember The Milk for my teaching tasks, also my students love the name of this app (lol). I’ve been using it for 2+ years now and it’s have totally helped me keep my tasks updated. I love that I can connect my tasks with calendar and join both apps in order to keep everything even more organized. It’s inexpensive compared to all the help it provides. I totally recommend it!

I love RTM app! Specially that you can connect the app with other servers like Google Workspace apps (calendar, talk, and maps.) as well as Twitter and other social media apps. It helps you organize your tasks and keep everything in order. The most amazing part of this app is that you can use it on your computer or phone and there is an offline version to it.

Nothing, Remember The Milk is an amazing app that organized yours tasks and reminds you when it’s time to work on them. Keeps you updated!

Sarah L.
CSR in USA
Telekommunikation, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

My new favorite Task Manager

Kommentare: This has streamlined my productivity, without being distracting to my day. I find it's not more work to use it as a task manager, but rather an easy way to track goals and tasks.

I recently switched at RTM, and I love the free features such as the ability to set reccuring tasks. This is important to me, because I used to spend a lot of time adding the same weekly goals I had. Additionally, you can delegate tasks to other coworkers seamlessly. The interface is cleaner than other TM tools I've used, and in this case less is more.

It's not intuitive to "complete" a task. There are a lot of random fields that obscure the functional ones that are obvious for a new user. I'm sure I will get used to this

Smokie L.
Smokie L.
Programmentwicklung, Selbstständig
Quelle: GetApp

Great todo app for people with a programming mind

Kommentare: NOTE: I am a beta tester for Remember the Milk via their Pro program. That means I pay for their service and in return I get to opt-in to the beta version. I've been an RTM user since 2005, and although different things have made me look at other services over the years (all the other services I'd wager) I keep coming back to RTM because of it's amazing flexibility. The current non-beta web app is very outdated looking and badly in need of a design overhaul, but the amazing features of RTM have always been under the hood. I won't be reviewing all of RTM's features as I don't use them all, and listing features in a review is silly because feature sets change. RTM's smart add syntax allows you to add every bit of information to a task via typing, meaning no clicking annoying boxes and no mousing over strange inputs to find out about them. To go with this smart add syntax, there's a very robust task search syntax that allows you to find literally any task via any condition or set of conditions. Think of it like programming but for task management. This syntax allows you to create very complex search queries and save them as smart lists, so if you need to see all your tasks due before 5p on Friday that are in the Work list with a #waiting tag but not those that have been added since yesterday, you can do that. RTM has both an iOS and Android app as well as the web offering. Their Android mobile app is very nice with Material design and access to all the features of the web app, albeit some more well-hidden than others. RTM acts as a "share" app, meaning you can share items from many other apps to RTM as a task; sharing tasks from RTM to other apps isn't yet available. To get unlimited and automatic syncing with the mobile app and app notifications however, you'll need to cough up $25/year for a Pro account; the free version only allows a manual sync once every 24 hours. Pro gives you other features as well.

- Smart add syntax to add all task properties at once via keyboard - fully keyboard compatible (web app) - iOS and Android apps - capable of highly complex search queries that can be saved for future use

- seemingly basic features such as mobile syncing are only available after purchase ($25/year) - current web app UI is dated - no subtask support in current web app

Rob T.
Partner in Neuseeland

Easy recording of tasks with subtasks, tags and lists including magic auto created lists.

Kommentare: Task management across devices with the ability to give tasks to others.

Well priced and integrates with the things I need it to in a small organisation. Simple enough to introduce to colleagues.

Glacial development pace. Email import of lists doesn't work from G Mail(!) if the task is too many characters and they don't think this is a problem worth fixing. "Use a different email client". The method of marking tasks as done is a bit confusing. The integrations work but they need to go further for this to be useful in larger organisations. No team management, you have to buy "gift" subscriptions for your colleagues.

Shin O.
Shin O.
División manager in Japan
Internet, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Easy to use, cute ui

Remember the milk is very easy to use compared to toodledo. Also the cow is cute;)

There was nothing wrong in particular. I just switched because i found a better option.

Tori S.
Product Manager in USA
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Not the easiest to use, but still great!

I love the nesting lists feature. I like that i can have a "parent" task with a bunch of subtasks underneath it. I also love that I can have either a due date or a priority. This helps me when I'm trying to sort different tasks or just write things down so that I don't forget and that they don't have to have a date immediately set to them.

My least favorite part of this software is the UI. It feels outdated (almost 90s-ish) and wish it had more of a modern feel. It does make it feel like a hand-written list though! It has a lot of cool features but the learning curve is quite long - after using this product for over a year I still feel like there is so much more I don't know about the product.

Kartheek V.
Full-stack Developer in Schweiz
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

I have become more orderly and productive

I love that I can use RTM from anywhere and on any kind of device. The UI is intuitive and the app is overall really easy to use ,there is no learning curve to speak of .

If I switch from PC to mobile and have recently added a task , it takes a while to sync up everywhere . And you can only share tasks / lists with other users of the app.

Nathan S.
Nathan S.
Digital Marketing Manager in Sambia
Quelle: GetApp

A versatile todo app that has loads of functionality and compatibility

RTM is one of the oldest todo apps that are out there, it is versatile and built for people who like to tinker. Having used several other todo apps, I find that RTM covers most of the most important things 1) Integration with Calendars - You are able to display tasks on calendars like Google, Apple and others. Many other apps do not have this function and come with their own calendar. For someone who constantly alternates between apps, being able to see what tasks are due in every app I use is a Godsend. 2) Apps everywhere. RTM has apps for every platform, even BB10. The cool thing its multi platform friendly and this is huge. Sure the apps could be way better but having apps for every platform is great 3) App flexibility - RTM has the ability to sync tasks from other apps like Evernote, IFTT, Zapier and others is also great, as sometimes I have a reminder in another app that I need to sync to RTM. One thing I must applaud RTM for is their functionality across platforms and apps, without saying too much. 4) Smart syntax is a feature I just started using, and it is good to say nonetheless. Being able to deal with a task with my keyboard is just great.

Remember The Milk isn't without its flaws. 1) RTM's task lists can sometimes feel very cluttered on the desktop and mobile apps, there are color codes but if the mobile apps could display tasks by day, week and month it would be great. If information could be broken down by when it is due and into specific categories, it would be great. 2) While it is a great todo app, the price for the pro feels a bit higher than it should be. I understand that there are a boatload of features but if there were better pricing plans, it would help a great deal rather than a one size fits all. 3) Again on the upgrade to pro, to get the most functionality out of RTM, you need a pro account. If you are testing the app, there is no free trial to give it a go, you have to fork out the money, which may be a deal breaker for some. 4) You can display tasks from RTM on calendars, but you cannot check those tasks off unless you do it in the RTM app. For Evernote the vice versa function is there but its not there for other apps.

Editor-in-Chief and General Manager in USA
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Excellent task manager, very cool, very easy

I've been a Remember the Milk user for more than a decade and it's the best tool for managing tasks. Users can tag items, set them to be due at a certain time, and allow recurring tasks. It has an excellent (when it works) Gmail plugin, so you can manage your task from your email. There are also apps for your mobile device and tablet, and the UI of each is excellent. It can also be "hacked" for your calendar items to be forwarded to your task manager, so that everything you need to do is in one single list--which has helped me maintain inbox zero (and almost 0 overdue task) for more than 8 years. A very easy-to-use app manager that has a lot of awesome functionality.

Their support team is small and lean, and their Gmail plugin is not compatible with the new version of Gmail because it's essentially a completely new product. Since Gmail's plugin is the best way for me to access RTM, I find this a significant limitation.

Composer in Deutschland
Musik, Selbstständig

Not the cheapest, but definitely worth it.

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: For outlook-users this one definitely steps up over the competitors. For me this one is the best solution in the variety of to-do apps, and the automatic synchronisation feature, that works in both ways, saves me a lot of time, and grants a great reliability.

Compared to the many freeware competitors, RTM really steps up with it's automatic synchronisation with your outlook account function, that you get with MilkSync. This saves me a ton of time compared to recreating all the tasks by hand.

Not everyone might be willing to pay for a "simple to-do list" and thats really the only major issue i have. Then again - for me exactly in the paid synchronisation feature lies the strength of this app.

Software Engineer in USA
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great task management tool with a host of features.

Kommentare: Simple task management and increased productivity along with loads of features and integrations.

Task management is something that an effective tool can simplify and RTM is the tool that I have used for some time to handle this. The number of features available is extensive, some of my favorites are: 1) Easily attach files from Google Drive. As a GSuite user, this is essential and allows me to manage tasks and keep the necessary documents, photos etc. in one place. 2)Desktop Smart Add Tool. Keep lists updated and quickly add new items on the fly. 3)Powerful search terms and shortcuts. They have the feel of gmail search terms and shortcuts so this should feel natural to a gmail user. 4) Subtasks, tags... There are many many more features that make this a great task management tool.

For the full version, the subscription price is a little steep. If you are not an advanced user, searching and sorting through tasks can be a bit cumbersome as your lists grow.

Pastor in USA
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great todo software that balances simplicity with great flexibility

Kommentare: RTM has made me more organized, plus it's satisfying to set up a complex smart list that ends up working just like you want it to.

I love that RTM can be simple when simple is called for but also allows smart lists that can be customized, sorted, etc. to almost no end. While it does take some effort to make it do so, it is easier than one might imagine. Mobile apps and syncing also work well, as should be expected of software in this category.

While RTM is almost infinitely flexible, naturally the few areas where it isn't come into play for me. (For instance, completed tasks cannot be viewed in the same list as incomplete tasks.) Still, it's easily the most flexible todo list manager I've found.

CTO, EMEA in Israel

Heavy daily user for business and personal tasks

Kommentare: I never forget anything, a very organized app that puts the right things I need in front of me so I can get more things done...

ease of use, especially when I learned the keyboard shortcuts (I like not having to switch to the mouse every 5 seconds) the UI is very clean, simple to use and no matter how many levels of nested tasks I go into I always know where I am (navigation-wise). Excellent mobile app (Android) in almost every sense

Some workflows on mobile are too long, the worst is postponing a task by anything other than 1 day - It requires quite a few clicks. So much so that I often dismiss the reminder and later change the due date on my PC...

Justin L.
Programmer in Kanada
Personalwesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Everything I Need for a To-Do List application

Kommentare: I love it and I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a to-do list app. It's a small player, but the software is solid, good, and customizable. Even the free version is just about all you need, but the Pro Paid version has a few perks.

It does everything I need. The most useful things being the customizable sorting, "Smart Lists" that are just bookmarks to your often-used searches, simple text-only adding of tasks (it parses some of the special e.g., !1 = Priority 1). It also has "start date" different from "due date" which is important to me.

As stated in the Pros, it does everything I want, so there really aren't any Cons.

Preparadora Exámenes de Inglés in Spanien
E-Learning, Selbstständig

keeps track of all your tasks

What I liked most about this is the fact that you can share tasks with other users (aka your family). This is difficult to do with regular to do lists or planners, using this app you can solve this sync issues. No more confussion trying to get all things done and matching timetables with your family. You can make several lists of tasks to do and include relevant information to each of them, such as the end date or the person who has to do it.

It may seem a little overwhelming at the beginning, with all the different options, and it may take some trial and error before you can take the most advantage of it. But when you do, you won't be able to live without it.

CTO in Kanada

Good-looking and easy to use, but with some limitations for the power-user

Kommentare: Initially I was using the software daily until I began to uncover some of its limitations with sorting,

RTM has a very attractive desktop application that is easy-on-the eye. It's very quick to get started and quite intuitive in its use. I particularly like the way fields are only shown if they contain any data. There are smartphone versions as well, and sync is invisibly smooth between platforms. For the personal or casual user it doesn't get much easier than RTM.

Tasks which are completed cannot be sorted. This is a major inconvenience which a lot of people have asked to be put in place, for a long time. Devs are not responsive to this request which I personally have chased up a couple of times.

Programming Keeper (Contract) in Kanada
Alternative Streitbeilegung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Solid and Reliable

Kommentare: I love Remember the Milk! For a long time, I used the free version but switching to the Pro (paid) version has been worth the price - the ability to sync with my android app is amazing.

I've tried all sorts of productivity apps and I keep coming back to Remember the Milk. It's simple and yet robust - has a lot of different features (tags, postpone, priorities, subtasks, colours, smart lists, locations, etc). Highly customizable.

I wish it would have a calendar integration with Google Calendar - that's the only thing that's really lacking.

John H.
FP&A in USA
Konsumgüter, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Amazing Task Manager!

Kommentare: Remember the Milk has been great from a professional sense. It will continue to be a tool I use in my career and might even be something I implement in my personal life.

Remember the Milk is extremely easy to use, but still holds all of the functionality needed to be a great task manager. It's easy to assign to coworkers and check off completed tasks.

You know it's a good program when the most frustrating thing about it is that there aren't more background options.

Founder in Kanada
Computer-Software

Best Task Management Tool

I have loved Remember the Milk for years. It is my go to tool for managing my to do lists. It is easy to use and has great mobility connectivity. The support team is also always there to help you with anything you need, anytime

I simply wish this tool would let you have location based alerts (based on the location set on a task) on iOS. This available on Android, but not on iOS

John M.
Front End Software Engineer in Schweden
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

I am more efficient using RTM

5 letztes Jahr

The interface is clean and makes it easy to quickly generate new tasks and follow their progress . I can use it from anywhere and the animations for a completed tasks are satisfactory and motivating .

Promoting / prioritizing tasks is a bit underdeveloped and doesn't work as intended 100% of the time .

Laura W.
Personal Assistant in UK
Sport, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Catchy, refreshing name and easy to get up to speed

I like the smart lists and creating them by pulling certain keywords in. You can add time estimates, add location, add a start date, add a list tag. It’s neat that you can enable offline work. The keyboard shortcuts come in handy. You can make the navigation column menu disappear to increase the task creation workspace. There’s a desktop and mobile app, and it offers integrations with a variety of apps.

Subtasks are a premium feature yet it’s a basic feature in my opinion. You can’t stay organised without breaking tasks down into subtask. However they need to make a living and I understand that they can’t offer all the golden apples under a freemium plan. The name of the app is quirky and appealing; it makes me think of the groceries shopping lists and crossing items out - I like that. I was just expecting a certain fluidity between completed items and items that ought to be completed still: in All Tasks, it features both completed and active tasks but without differentiating between the two. It’s a neat idea to feature both types under All Tasks, but I’d like the completed tasks to be crossed out.

Bartosz B.
Junior Front-end Developer in Polen
Quelle: GetApp

Good todo software with many functionalities but some of them could be easier to find

Easy to use, easy to add new todos. There are many different types of tasks which help organise the work better and make notifications work properly. Prioritising is also a great feature. There are probably many more but I used only the free app.

It was always difficult for me to find tasks that I marked as done. Labelling is also quite problematic.