Über DonorView

Cloud-basierte Spendenmanagementlösung, mit der Unternehmen Aktivitäten bezüglich Fundraising, Event-Management und mehr verwalten können.

Erfahre mehr über DonorView

The breadth of features is exceptional. We were able to replace almost a half-dozen solutions with DonorView - dramatically simplifying our workflows and processes (as well as saving some money).

Junk in...junk out...very unprofessional look. No way to control that...and they don't seem to care about it either.

Bewertungen zu DonorView

DonorView hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,5 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 93 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du DonorView bereits verwendet?

Aubrey C.
Aubrey C.
Manager of Operations in USA

We Love Donorview

Kommentare: I have loved it. The customer service has been great, they answer my emails immediately. And it has simplified my life treamendously.

The versatility, I shopped around for months looking for something that would be able to fit my unique fundraiser. Donorview, while not super flashy like some of the others...checked every single one of my boxes. It has P2P, ticket sales, silent auction, text campaigne....tons of different features!

I wish that we had paid more to get a full training up front. I'm positive that there are more features that I could have been using, but don't know of because I didn't have a formal training.

Christine P.
Co-Chair in USA

Excellent All-In-One Solution for Event Management and CRM

Kommentare: The support team has been very responsive. I would always get a response to my question within the next business day. And I had quite a few questions in the beginning as I was learning the system! The training videos were also quite helpful.

We use DonorView for our annual golf outing. DonorView has everything all in one system - CRM, mobile auctions, online registration, event management, text messaging, email, etc. All at a reasonable price. I don't have to work with multiple systems, or export/import data, because it's all right there. I did a lot of research and could not find anything similar. In fact, I had other non-profit software companies tell me that a software solution that combines CRM and event management doesn't exist. I'm happy to say that it does!

My biggest con is that the mobile app needs some work, as we had issues with it at our event. Also, as with any software, there are always new features and things you wish it would do. For example, I would like to be able to do partial payments for sponsorships and from multiple constituents. The DonorView team seems open to new feature requests. And for the most part, the software is quite robust.

Paul F.
Marketing Director in USA
11-50 Mitarbeiter

A great concept but not ready for prime time

Kommentare: I'm not looking to switch away from DonorView, simply because it's better than the patchwork of applications we were using and it's in our budget as a non-profit. I'm still holding out hope that DV will start putting some investment into seriously improving their product for the end user, especially for power users who are responsible for maintaining enterprise data. If they don't, I'm worried that the company will go belly up. But for now, I'm sticking with it despite how frustrating the system is to actually use in the real world.

The idea behind DonorView is great. You keep everything in one place to get a 360-degree view of your constituents and replace all the various individual systems for email, web forms, payments, events, donor tracking, CRM, etc. And you do it at an affordable price. All these features are, in fact, in the system, which is wonderful. It's in the execution things start breaking down.

When we signed on to DV over a year ago, I knew there were practical problems with the system but hoped they had an aggressive development team which would stay competitive by continually improving the product. By now, it's apparent that they do not have an aggressive development team and appear to be putting almost no effort into improving their product to stay competitive, which is frustrating for the user and makes us worried that the company may fail and leave us hanging. DV obviously doesn't use this system themselves, at least not in the full way it's intended to be used, or I'm sure the more glaring problems would have been solved by now. There is no power-user interface. You can only search for constituent records with a single string across all fields, for example, rather than being able to search for combinations of field values with wildcards. You lose your found set whenever you drill down — extremely frustrating. You cannot edit multiple records at once if you find a widespread problem (although DV will offer to write an ad hoc script for a fee). Constituents can create duplicate records without the system flagging that event for you. Couples with individual records can use a DV campaign page to donate as a couple, creating a third record, and there's no automated way to split that out to the pre-existing records. You can use a "Family" field to create households, but there's no way to tell the system that you want to mail to some of those households as a household (e.g. we have some donors who tell us they want a single mailer every time, yet they don't always donate, purchase, or volunteer as a couple, so there's no automated way to ensure that they get just one mailer — it has to be done manually every time). Also, the email "templates" are not templates, they're just saved emails. Actual templates would be so much easier to work with. DV has effectively locked down certain design choices by preventing override, which is a real pain when their choices are bad, such as a hard-to-read gray font — I had to go in and tinker with the code to stop the system from ignoring my commands to use a darker font. You can't create any conditional auto-completes (e.g. having all new constituent records within certain cities, ZIPs, and counties automatically fill in a Service Area field). The list goes on. In short, DV doesn't really pay attention to the needs of the actual user in the field and they don't seem at all focused on creating a superior product for the end user.

Gary S.
Chief Operating Officer in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Finding the right tool at the right price

Kommentare: It was an easy to get Sales involved in several meetings as not all the players were available at the same time. The cutover was a breeze and they even went above and beyond our expectations when additional data needed to be transferred across networks. After 2 years, DonorView is still welcoming our input and looking to enhance their system. This product is easy and cost effective for us.

Customer Support. Some people think Customer Service occurs only when you purchase a product but actually it starts when the product is first introduced. How well the team responds to your questions and offer real solutions tells a lot. Are they willing to answer same questions over and over. Then as soon as the transfer of data occurs, how quick will they respond. DonorView is excellent in this area while meeting the needs of our business.

While there were a lot of options editing written communication, some options I was used to were not there. However, through their Customer Service and Support Team, those deficiencies were enhanced to meet our needs. Great job listening to customer.

Francesco R.
Operations Manager in USA

Everything Non-Profits Need in one location

Kommentare: Our experience has been amazing. The support that everyone at DV gives to their clients is amazing and 100000000% better than what we received with the other software we were using.

We had Raiser's Edge prior to moving to Donorview. One of the things we like most is the ability to pull reports within seconds and with ease. Raiser's Edge was too complicated when it came to reports. DonorView makes it so simple.

The thing we like least about the software is the membership feature, but that has nothing to do with how good or bad it is, we just haven't had a reason to use that aspect yet so can't really comment on it beyond that.

Lynne S.
Director of Public Programming and Community Outreach in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

DonorView is Fantastic! Exactly what we need.

Kommentare: We really like DonorView. We came from Giftworks and Paypal, and DonorView is incredible. The system is incredible smart and well thought out.

Donorview is extremely customizable. It is easy to input new constituents, and the fluidity in which the events, fundraising, and constituent modules interact is fantastic. We like that we can do survey's in the system itself and track responses. Reports are easy to pull. We also like that when we do encounter problems, customer support returns out email and helps out quickly during business hours. They have implemented features for us when we request and are happy to help in any way possible.

The biggest downside to DonorView is that support is only available during normal business hours. We do a lot of evening and weekend events, and support is not available then. I believe they do have a feature now where you can prearrange and pay to have someone available to assist in an emergency, but it is not standard. DonorView is also fabulous at implementing new feature requests, but they aren't great at telling you that they have done so! I have absolutely discovered by accident that something I requested was done.

Aisling R.
Coordinator of Communications & Fundraising in USA
Bibliotheken, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Donor Management Made Easy

Kommentare: Excellent!

DonorView is very user-friendly, which for me was one of the main selling points. Before moving to DonorView, we used a donor management system that was clunky, convoluted, and overall just too big for an organization like ours. DonorView made life a lot easier - combining a way to organize constituents better, maintain e-communication, run reports for metrics, and seamlessly fit with the look and feel of our website to attract more donors. The support is also top notch - when we have a question or a problem, the DonorView team is very communicative and committed to finding a solution. If we need fields added to profiles, etc. DonorView is very accommodating.

This is likely due to my own shortcomings rather than a flaw with DonorView (I am not trained in web design, etc.) but I sometimes have trouble with the e-mail templates. Like I previously mentioned, anytime I have a question or issue, the team helps me fix it promptly.

David S.
Headmaster in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

School Donor Management

Kommentare: Customer service is great - explains things easily and timely. The help videos in particular are wonderful!

Donor View allows us to maintain great communications with our donors, filter them for upcoming events and pledges, and ensure all tax documentation is timely sent each year.

To ensure/force a login when a returning donor or new donor/constituent gives to us.

Atwell W.
Volunteer IT Consultant in USA

Jack of all trades ...

Kommentare: Overall, we've been pleased with the solution and the company. As long as you go in with your eyes open and manage your expectations, you should be quite satisfied. Everyone we've interacted with is pleasant and committed to helping you get value out of the software.

While DonorView can do a LOT of different things, it does none of those things exceptionally well. The features in any given area will not be on par with the features of solutions focused specifically on that area (e.g. donor management/fundraising, event management, etc.). Also, the workflows are not always intuitive and the available tutorials do not cover all of the software's functions.

Tammie J.
Development Director in USA

Donorview and Non Profit Usage for Donor Management

Kommentare: Overall experience - I am more efficient in my job (with the exception of the mailmerge feature) - and therefore able to be about the other many tasks that come with the job I have at The Mission.

I like the ease of use. We used to have a different software that you almost needed to be a programmer to understand how to run simple reports. Donorview makes reports very easy and is easy to train new users on how to use the software as well.

The mailmerge feature for thank you letters ....

Linda M.
Development Officer in USA
Hochschulbildung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

The three E's: Everything, Easy and Enjoyable

Kommentare: My overall experience with DV have been phenomenal. Before DV, it took about 20 hours a week to enter gifts and get out acknowledgement letters, but with DV it takes just a few hours each week. Plus the letters are automatically attached to the donor's record. When pulling reports before DV, it took someone who knew how to word the "query" correctly, but now anyone can easily pull a report by simply selecting the button which indicates which criteria they prefer. As for email blasts, I have found DV to be just as easy as our previous provider, but much less expensive.

There are several reasons why we chose DonorView (DV) as our CRM when making the choice to switch platforms. The first being that DV offered everything in one system. Previously we were using one software for email marketing, one for event management and one for our CRM. Although the CRM we were using did offer event management and email marketing it didn't meet our needs and didn't offer connection points that DV did. DV offered everything we needed in one platform. The second reason we chose DonorView was because of the usability. When pulling reports, mailing lists, or data, we found that we didn't need to know coding or complicated formulas, we just needed to know how to select a button. The pages are easy to understand and very user friendly. Plus if you have any questions they have videos that walk you through the different programs they offer. Which leads me to my final reason for selecting this program; enjoyable. I have found the staff at DV to be very enjoyable and helpful. Anytime I have had a question they respond quickly and professionally. They offer a solution and will walk me through the process .

I haven't found anything that is missing from this CRM. We have only been using less than a year, and when I think they are missing something, I call about it and they show me where I can do what I want.

Nicole K.
Administrative Coordinator in USA

Giving via DonorView

I primarily work with the financial options available in DonorView. Before using this software, we were using more than one software system to accomplish our needs, and by switching to DonorView, we were able to consolidate into one system instead. They have a text feature that allows your constituents to easily give via their phone. It is very user friendly as an administrator to process one-time gifts and/or set up monthly giving for your constituents. We also have a giving page on our website that links directly to our account with DonorView via their portal. On the giving page you have the option to set quick give buttons ($25, $50, $100, $500, etc.) or there is an "Other" button where the user can choose the amount they would like to give. You can also set up giving for a one-time gift or recurring gifts (with options of weekly, biweekly, monthly, quarterly, etc.) Donors can create logins and save credit/debit cards to their profiles so that they don't have to enter that information for each gift. In closing, you have the option to email giving statements at the end of the year which makes it easy to send and quick for your constituents to receive. You can also send a personal letter with the giving statements if you wish.

The text-to-give feature brings up a form for the user to fill out in order to give. I know some text-to-give platforms offer the ability to just text the amount you want to give to the number instead of filling out a form every time. I think this is more of a personal preference for the user, but I can see how texting the number is quick and easy, where filling out a form takes a little extra time.

Maren G.
Administrative Director in USA
Darstellende Künste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Donorview was a HUGE upgrade from many systems into just one!

Kommentare: Donorview has made some great modifications based on our suggestions and has worked with us to create affordable personal solution when we really needed it. They are super quick and response to helping probelm-solve and understand the system.

We moved our database from a FileMaker system which was customized for us but was OLD and was housed on a harddrive instead of the cloud. Additionally, we used an email software, event software, an application/forms software and paypal and NONE of the programs talked to one another. All updates to the database were manual and time consuming. When we moved to Donorview it was such a breath of fresh air to have access to our database anytime/anywhere. Additionally, its exceptionally helpful to have purchases, events and donations associated with client records. We do a lot of events and the event software works flawlessly almost every single time. We also have been able to get creative with the forms/surveys function and recreate documents like waivers and applications in that system. Again, extremely helpful to have applications associated with records instead of having to manually update. Overall, we are so grateful to have a software that does pretty much everything we need it to do. We also appreciate the pricepoint for the amount of functionality that we have. We are a small non-profit so it was a good mid-range product that was accessible to us.

Donorview has an incredible breadth of functionality that is hard to find all in one software. If you analyze any one of these features by itself (event ticketing, email marketing, surveys etc) there is a bit less functionality and is less user-friendly than if you paid for any of those items individuallyl on their own. (For example, our old ticketing software gave us a few more options and was a bit easier to set up) However, having all that functionality ALL in one place at an affordable price really makes up for those minor inconveniences. (Ex. Our old ticketing system did NOT talk to our database so we had to do waivers/tracking manually which was a real pain in the butt). Overall, it has been totally worth the switch. Also, Donorview seems to be very responsive to suggestions and ideas and as a young company seems to be trying to make constant improvements in their system based on feedback. I imagine that as feedback comes in user-friendlyness will just continue to improve!,

Erica D.
Special Projects' Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

It's brought us up to date!

Kommentare: Overall we love DonorView and it has been an excellent addition to the functionality of our organization.

The ease of using DonorView has completely helped our organization. It offers everything we needed such as tracking donations, membership, embedding forms onto our website, events, and SO much more. DonorView customized our entire database to fit our organization needs. It's like we have our own personal system that no one else has with all of the custom features DonorView created for us. Whenever we need changes, they do whatever we need with no fees to do so. We are incredibly grateful for how accommodating their customer service is as well. They always get back to us with any questions or requests to make changes to our account. Typically in less that 24 hours. It's great having such a great team to rely on to make sure our organization functions well.

Initially getting the software there is a lot to learn with certain features. But, DonorView offers great help videos you can watch. If your questions aren't answered in the videos, their customer service is a great plan B and they always get back to you quickly.

Kim M.
Executive Director in USA
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

What an improvement!

Kommentare: We had become increasingly frustrated with out previous platform in terms of errors, poor customer service and increasing costs. We've experienced the exact opposite with DonorView. The ease of use, data integrity, excellent customer service, affordability and constant enhancement has helped to reinvigorate our fundraising and donor relations efforts.

This software was easy to implement and we feel good about how we were able to maintain data integrity in the process. Customer service is excellent--- prompt, accessible and collaborative problem solving. The database is easy to navigate and the DonorView team seems very open to suggestions for enhancements.

We had struggled a bit with the automated donor recognition letters, but a recent enhancement addressed this issue. We also had some feedback that the peer to peer fundraising pages were less intuitive than our last vendors pages, but, again, this has improved and we had greater success as the year progressed.

Karen S.
Donations Coordination in USA

Makes my life easier

I really like DonorView. There was a bit of a learning curve but you will have that with any new software. Any time I have questions or problems, they have been very quick to answer or to figure out what is causing the problem (and sometimes even letting me know that the problem is me). My biggest problem was figuring out the report function (I still have some problems but again I just send an email and they walk me through it). We looked at a few different options and by far this was the best deal around. I am very pleased with DonorView. In fact someone in our organization mentioned about maybe looking into changing software and I flat out told them that I like using donor view, it is very user friendly and if they decided to change it would be without me. That is how much I like using DonorView.

With our previous software our donors could be listed as a married couple but with DonorView (as with other softwares we looked) at each person is an individual and then put into a relationship. Not only did it significantly increase our donor base but it just didn't work for us so I ended up merging the married couples together to create one donor instead of two. It would have been nice to have that option of keeping them a married couple at the beginning of our conversion so that I wouldn't have had to do all the merging (which took quite a bit of time).

Jessica B.
Program Ambassador in USA

Yay DonorView!

Kommentare: Overall DonorView has really helped us regain ability to organize all our incoming donations, donor information, volunteer information, and more. We have been able to keep all our important information in one plan and do so with ease.

What we love most about DonorView is how easy it is to use and simplicity of its functions. We started using this program a few months ago now and its so easy to learn all the features and they did a fantastic job creating support videos and questions/answers. We love the interactive ability for donors as well to use. The best part is definitely the customer service - if there has ever been any confusion or questions, the employees of DonorView have done a tremendous job at facilitating any issues or even creating new features and etc. Overall fantastic program.

The only thing I can really think of would be in regards to my PRO point of its simplicity. In just a couple areas it could be too simple and limiting.

Taylor C.
Regional Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

DonorView - The all in one software for non-profit organizations

Kommentare: We work in the non-profit youth ministry sector and have locations across 8 different states. After maintaining a software that we created many years ago, we made a decision to get out of the software business and outsource all software to allow us to focus more on our mission as opposed to software management. All this being said, we spent a few years researching different software companies all to find that we were unable to find a company to fit all of our needs in one place. After visiting with a lot of the large and leading software companies in this industry, we came across DonorView which gave us the opportunity to find a company that had the different pieces of software we were looking for that was all under one roof like donor tracking/management, tracking leader to student interactions, event registration, email communication and much more.

The best part about DonorView for our organization is that it fills our need of being an all-in-one software that allows us to do donor tracking/processing/management, event registration, email communication, student and volunteer tracking, and much more.

The thing we like least about DonorView is that it is taking us a little while to get used to a new system and we have found things along the way that needed slight adjustments to make them work for our specific needs. Though this has been a small hurdle for our organization, DonorView has been very helpful in providing continued training and has been very willing to work with us to make the software work for us.

Liz C.
Events and Development Coordinator in USA
Musik, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

DonorView is a game-changer!

Kommentare: As employees at a non-profit performing arts school, we are not the most technically savvy bunch. DonorView has really streamlined so many things for us, including: donor tracking, event planning, sustaining donors, matching gifts, year-end reporting and grant tracking. We know there are more features we haven't even used yet! Prior to using DonorView, we had a mess of spreadsheets housing all of this critical information. Everything we do is so much easier now!

The best part about DonorView is that it covers a little bit of everything. We are a small non-profit and as such we neither need nor can afford the big powerful CRMs out there. DonorView has been great because it enables us to track our donors and manage events all in one software, at a reasonable price.

Integration was a little tricky and cumbersome for our non-technical staff but the team at DonorView was very helpful. We had to manage how much help we could afford to get from them so we ended up going through all of our data ourselves in preparation for the upload into DonorView.

Melissa G.
Director of Development in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Software with Ease

I like this software for the online auction section that can be included with events. The ease of function for closing and charging all at one time has help simplify the process. The email and text notification feature is extremely helpful to inform those that they have won and auction item. Merging records is extremely easy in DonorView and editing information in a donor record can be completed with ease.

What I like the least is if someone creates a new record when bidding on an auction and they are already in our system it creates a duplicate record. This is extremely frustrating that it can't pick-up and recognize this and ask them a few questions to avoid the duplicate record process.

Kim K.
Financial Specialist in USA

Donorview Review

Kommentare: Despite our struggles to learn this program, there are some specific staff within their support team who are marvelous.

We use Donorview primarily for the donations. And we are VERY happy with the program. There are lots of other options that this program offers, and we are slowly looking into those.

Our biggest struggle with this database has been the training. The training section of videos is cumbersome, and the support is only available via email. It takes us weeks-months to figure out how to do something new, or figure out how to utilize the program to do what we need it to do.

Nicole H.
Finance Director in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

User friendly and tailored reports

Tailored reports make this system great and usable for all organizations. Being able to keep credit cards on file and charge them over the phone has been amazing during Covid. The customer service and help in our transition to this software was great!

The software isn't great for online events but worked well for in person donation events

Missy G.
Database Administrator in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great software - so much functionality, great quality for the price, excellent customer service.

Kommentare: We are able to keep our database clean, consistent, and reliable. It is easy to use for all levels of experience and the capabilities of the software are enormous. We love how easily it syncs to our website as well as the ease of reporting to members of the staff.

I just started using the software within the past year. It has been an easy transition and continues to be as I ask for help with certain areas and suggest improvements. I find the customer service team always timely and knowledgeable. I look forward to increasing my knowledge base with the software as I continue to use it and gain better use of the overall functionality. I appreciate all the time that the team has put into cleaning up our old data to make it work for DV.

The only suggestion for improvement would be to make the mail merge templating easier to use. I find it difficult to format a letter, especially because I have no experience with HTML. I would prefer to either copy and paste from Word with it working perfectly the first time. I feel as if I always have to do a trial run with a new letter and adjust accordingly.

Deb B.
Associate Director Regional & Chapter Development in USA

Great Technology Platform

#1 Customer Service - Donor View embraces a service mentality that results in outstanding customer satisfaction. #2 Innovation - Donor View understands our non profit business environment and works with us to create effective processes.

The integration did take a fair amount of time and I was not part of that process . As a user the software training provided by DV was excellent. DV is not without it's problems. But in my opinion as one user - DV focuses on customer relationships so that our organization does not lose revenue, it seems like everyone that I have interacted with at DV is committed to viewing their operations from the customers' perspective.

Philip C.
General Manager in USA
Darstellende Künste, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Robust Donation and Donor Management tool

Kommentare: Overall, it's a robust system with a lower learning curve for organizations looking to use a CRM and Donation system for the first time.

The ability to be up and running immediately was key. Integration of our date from another system was pretty seamless. Taking online donations, tracking contributions, keep track of donors and managing their information is pretty easy with DonorView. Customer service is very responsive to emails, and will jump on a call if you require assistance.

Their pricing could be a little easier to understand. While they have a lower price for smaller non-profits like us, their overall pricing is tied to the number of donor records you have, so we ended up back at a much higher price than we started with. They also have unique pricing for different features within the software, which aren't clearly defined.