Über LEAPWORK Automation Platform

Erstelle Web, Desktop und Virtual Desktop Automation Fälle in wenigen Minuten mit Leaptest, der Automatisierungsplattform für alle Benutzer.

Erfahre mehr über LEAPWORK Automation Platform

Merdan D.
ICT Consultant
  • Bewertet am 30.12.2019

"Automated testing without any knowledge of coding."

Kommentare: We use Leapwork for regression testing. Leapwork is integrated in Microsoft Azure DevOps. We have chosen for Leapwork because the testers are non-developers without developments skills. The tests are easy to make with building blocks. It is easy to make test a web application and desktop application in the same flow.

Vorteile: Don't need any knowledge of coding.
Easy to learn, also for non-developers.
It is compatible for web and desktop applications.
Great customer service and support.

Nachteile: Desktop flows are slow
Not for small companies

• Bewertet am 30.12.2019
John H.
Senior Test Engineer
Pharmazeutika, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 5.9.2019

"Focus on making tests and not only writing test code"

Kommentare: Leapwork has solved a big problem for my team in regards to performing our user acceptance testing on new releases and upgrades of the software are responsible for deploying. The platform feels a little immature at terms in terms of the community support but there is a very solid foundation there to grow on.

Vorteile: I think that the codeless interface is a brilliant idea and increases the efficiency of the testing team significantly. For my team, where testing is just one of the responsibilities we have when upgrading and patching the product, we don't want to start training people up on programming languages so that they could start writings tests. With Leapwork the learning curve is very shallow and people can get started right away.
I am impressed with the selection of blocks that have been included and haven't required any functionality so far that there wasn't either a block for or a could make a simple sub-flow for.
The strategy editor, which is used to decide how to identify the GUI elements being manipulated, is really really clever!

Nachteile: The debugging functionality needs to be improved. When running complicated flows with mutiple sub-flows inside, when a bug occurs it is difficult to dig down into the sub-flow where the problem occured, and even when you've reached it there is no context specific data on the variables feeding into or out of the trouble making block.
I don't think that their approach to customer support is correct, and I have spent hours spinning my wheels as I carried out long conversations with their support stuff via a chat window on their homepage.
Some of the initial steps that are required, like making a test flow to log onto the Leapwork agent server, were not clearly explained.

• Bewertet am 5.9.2019
Jon R.
IT
Landwirtschaft, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 28.9.2017

"At times it is not as stable as I would like. But over all it is the easiest solution i have found."

Kommentare: Many I have the ability to rapidly build tests.

Vorteile: I like the ease of use. I love the ability to create blocks. I like the API it is very user friendly. I like the video in the reports. I love the ability to work remotely on an agent to build tests.

Nachteile: It has a tendency to crash. In on particular instance an adhoc schedule got stuck running and filled up the HDD. I was forced to restore the server from backup.

von Leaptest an 12.1.2018

We're sorry to hear about your experience with Leaptest crashing. We hope our support were able to help you out, and we're continuously working to improve stability and performance.

Kyle S.
VP of Development
Versicherung, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 10.12.2019

"LEAPWORK Has Helped Us Create Better Software"

Kommentare: We are automating the tests for our digital contract platform to make sure our agents in the field always have a reliable software that doesn't have any bugs or issues. We have been able to create tests to cover all of our compliance for each state so that our agents and funeral homes are always 100% compliant with the contracts they create.

Vorteile: - Ability to create automated tests for a thick client
- User friendly views for creating tests from a flowchart
- The ability to scheduled tests

Nachteile: - Scheduled tests couldn't deliver notifications to multiple emails
- Email validation was very strict.
- Electronic signature image recognition was slow and timed out frequently

• Bewertet am 10.12.2019
Koen D.
Software Tester
  • Bewertet am 5.12.2019

"Serious gaming"

Kommentare: We use Leapwork to run flows for regression testing whenever a software update is released to test, acceptance or production sites. Also, we use Leapwork to frequently run flows to verify that specific pages, functions or API's remain available. We consider it a challenge to specify which flows we need, rather than how we can create and maintain them ... thanks to Leapwork.

Vorteile: Leapwork is a visual object oriented tool for creating flows that automate repetitive actions in the operation of software, both for desktop apps and for websites, ideal for testing! No matter how simple or complex the flow, there are actually little restrictions because the set of building blocks is very complete where each block also has a rich set of options to specify its actual behaviour. Better yet, the set may be expanded with custom made reusable subflows as blocks for commonly executed general actions such as logging into an environment or application or opening specific web pages, ensuring that the flows remain easy to understand at each level and easier to maintain. An extensive set of examples makes it very easy to give it a go and when I do then encounter a problem in applying Leapwork, the helpdesk helps me out using a very efficient chat. Flows may be executed interactively on a desktop or laptop or on a server, on BrowserStack or on a Selenium Grid, but also may be scheduled to run automatically at specific moments. Also, these schedules may be started from DevOps or by calling the REST API from e.g. Powershell scripts.

Nachteile: Leapwork is a very flexible and versatile tool that is fun to use. But when you flip that coin, it turns out it also is easy to make flows that are difficult to maintain. And yes, it takes some self-control not to step into this trap. But then, I made flows for adaptive websites that run on various window sizes and on test, acceptance and production sites ... all in the same flow! The reason why complex flows sometimes are not easy to maintain is because Leapwork has only limited options to execute flows step-by-step. This makes it difficult to pinpoint the exact location in the flows where things go wrong and therefore need some tweaking. The tweaking itself is easy and straightforward, but finding out where and when and why is a challenge. Also, it is not easy to output specific information without the need to go through the complete log that the flow creates.

• Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Christian N.
Chief Product Officer
  • Bewertet am 8.1.2020

"Great no-coding test automation tool"

Kommentare: We test that our main features work as part of our agile development process with LEAPWORK flows running in Development, Staging and Production. We are able to do cross-browser tests to verify that we do have any issues with combinations we do not run ourselves.

Vorteile: LEAPWORK does not require any coding. The business analysts are doing the test flows without much technical support. We have flows covering new features in progress as soon as the first implementation sprints start. This makes it quick to have good coverage of new feature fast. Additionally we have a good coverage of the browsers our customers use in production. The ability to run with BrowserStack is also a plus.

Nachteile: The CI integration TeamCity is incomplete and not supported by LEAPWORK directly.
The agile development process is not supported too good with the folder structure and move/copy features.
Execution speed could be faster - could common blocks be precompiled or similar as they don't change apart from parameters?

Rick T.
Test Manager FiRe
Finanzdienstleistungen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.9.2017

"Leaptest is a lot of fun and is great for those who like a bit of creativity in their test suites"

Kommentare: I automated my entire regression test, which we do once monthly. That saved me about three days worth of testing time that was wasted on processing things. Now all I have to do is look at the results and do real test analysis, instead of wasting time pressing buttons.

Vorteile: Leaptest is infinitely customizable. I've made large scale product automations, process automations, and small scale validations, and for each there is a functionality. I try every day to reach the edge of customizability, and as far as testing tactics and creativity goes, haven't found it yet.

Nachteile: Integrating Leaptest into our system has been a bit of a hassle. For an independent tester this is no problem, but if you want your tests to be used by other users on a network you're going to have to sit with some security and network experts and figure out how to keep the connection to Leatest alive on a virtual or shared space. We're still working out the kinks on our side, with a lot of great help form the folks at LT

von Leaptest an 12.1.2018

Thank you very much for your support. Major improvements of the handling and structuring of large flows are coming in Q2 2018, including capabilities for collaboration, revision history, and governance.

Felix K.
test & release manager
Informationsdienst, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 15.10.2019

"Review of Leapwork"

Vorteile: Leapwork is very intuitive to use and helps in all sorts of automation tasks.
It's easy to get started and the knowledge base has lots of articles to help in case you're stuck.

Nachteile: Because of the non-coding setup the functionality falls short in customization of for instances logs and other nice-to-have features which can make the experience somewhat rigid.

• Bewertet am 15.10.2019
Mark R.
Senior Software Architect
Staatsverwaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

"It just works"

Kommentare: Easy to use. Very simple to implement and administer. A win for sure.

Vorteile: The ease os use of Leapwork is what makes this product a win. Our staff is able to create automation without the knowledge needed from other products on the market. With the ease of creation and maintenance, we traded the license cost for what would be multiple employees manually exercising the same tests, for an obvious cost savings.

Nachteile: We have not found many negatives to the Leapwork solution. We are anxiously awaiting the SQL Enterprise database implementation, but other than that we are pleased with the offering.

Asharani R.
Test Analyst
Immobilien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 25.10.2019

"Leapwork"

Kommentare: Good tool for regression testing
Not much of coding knowledge required in the team

Vorteile: Easy to use
Serves the purpose
Easy maintenance

Nachteile: Upgrades always impact test cases which are already up and running

• Bewertet am 25.10.2019
Ronni S.
testmanager
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 20.9.2017

"Easy to learn, tough to master, the support is very helpfull, good product"

Kommentare: I can allocate my manuel resources for functiuonal testing, and have leaptest take care of regressions testing. I'm able to create automatic tests where I have a static outcome (expected result) everytime

Vorteile: For the last 8 months I've been using Leaptest, and so far I've not been disapointed, the basic functionalities are easy to use and the ability to create custom buildingblocks and implement my test cases in a 3rd party programs is great (the cases is running up against our Bamboo server)
The support is very helpfull and take every request/question I make seriously. I do find bugs in the system, but these are getting fixed quite fast, updates comes regularly.
What I like most about it is the fact that its easy to explain to non it workers how it works, this makes it a great tool for automated test, you dont need to understand code to be able to use it.

Nachteile: A desktop testcase tends to run slow when running it up against my own server.
Using Selenium is great, but the same testcase can give different results when I run it up against Chrome, FF and IE , when a bug like this is found, support cant always fix it since they are dependant on a 3rd party program( ex. we must wait for Modzilla to release a new webdriver version)
Also that lack of a proper debugging tool when debugging your test is really annoying, ex. when I use custom building blocks within a test case and it fails, I can only see what custom block failed, but not within it the specific location.

von Leaptest an 12.1.2018

Unfortunately, cross-browser testing is often hampered by the application under test which output differs depending on browser.

We are launching a new runtime engine, which can execute multiple building blocks in parallel inside each case, and debugging.

Jerry M.
Test Manager
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 28.9.2017

"Tester friendly and easy to use even non-testers. Great value comes from a product like LeapTest."

Kommentare: Lower TCO in Testing department. Able to quickly train up junior members of the team with a cost effective automation tool. Enhance product quality by creating more rapid testing against the product and test more frequently.

Vorteile: Benefits with the product:
- Very easy to use. Able to allow junior team members to begin applying knowledge and skills in an automated environment.
- Intuitive. There are blocks for many different applications. - Cost effective. Lowers TCO and overhead. - Effective increase in ROI. With lower TCO, ROI is gained by freeing up person cycles to work on more productive tasks. - Customizable. The product allows for creating unique blocks specific to your user environment. - Good value. The product cost is low compared to the cost of hiring additional bodies that are specifically dedicated to automation. The need to hire in a specific skill arena is diminished greatly with LeapTest. Tester skillsets are still needed but can be more broadly focused in many discipline arenas now.

Nachteile: Challenges with the product:
- Customer care. The team is great but resources are limited. My team is working with a member of the LeapTest team but they are on vacation. This has slowed response time considerably.
- Limitations in recognizing text in different applications. One noted example. Putty an application that allows you to connect to Linux systems cannot recognize text that is returned on the putty console. - Certified training. Video training is fine but limited. Being able to have a team member certified adds to team competency when working with others and company partnerships. - Bug tracking integration. Limited integration between different bug trackers.

von Leaptest an 12.1.2018

We're currently working on establishing 24/7 customer support, which will be available soon.

Marie J.
QA Analyst
Rechtsberatung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.9.2017

"LeapTest is the best truly code-free UI testing tool I have ever used."

Kommentare: I am a software tester with no programming skills. LeapTest is very simple to use and not once have I had to ask a programmer for assistance. Our software moves documents from a web app to a document management system. I need ensure the documents in each system are identical as well as test UI functionality of the web app. LeapTest handles both. The image recognition feature is fantastic and I can use the same tool to create automated test cases for functionality testing. In the past, I have always needed 2 tools. First a record and play tool to create a script to test the UI and then use a document compare tool to test the output. LeapTest does it all.

Vorteile: No coding skills needed. Never pull a programmer away from their task to help the tester. Selenium feature is nice, but I actually love the superb image recognition feature. I need to compare documents-every character, color shade, etc. There are a lot of image recognition tools out there, but none that can double as an automated testing tool.

Nachteile: The only complaint I have is that updates come without much warning and no bulletin explaining what was updated/changed.

von Leaptest an 12.1.2018

We're currently improving our release pipeline, including release notifications and a more predictable release pattern.

Annelise C.
Frontend Tester
  • Bewertet am 20.9.2017

"Great tool for someone without knowledge of coding/programming (like me!)."

Vorteile: Very easy to get started with this tool, even without any previous instruction. The e-learning videos and Q&A section are very good and helped me a long way.
It is very easy to create new test cases, edit existing ones and set up scheduled test runs.
Customer service is very, very good! If I submitted a question via the chat function, I received an answer almost immediately and any problem I have reported has always been solved to my satisfaction.

Nachteile: Experienced too many situations where my scheduled test runs failed without any obvious reason. If I then ran the same test manually, it passed without any problems.
Also, if I log on Leaptest from another pc than my own, I can't see my test cases etc.

von Leaptest an 12.1.2018

We're currently working on significant overhauls of the user interface, which will make it easier to follow what's going on in the cases.

Thomas O.
Head of Quality Assurance
Finanzdienstleistungen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 13.12.2018

"Test Automation made easy"

Kommentare: The primary goal is automated regressiontesting - robotics testing and in the future autotest in the build and release test.

Vorteile: Working with Leapwork is - in all my experience - on of the easiest tools to learn and handle in the test automation process. Having a "new tester" up and running in under a day tells the best story! Leapwork supports and listen to the customers in a direct manor.

Nachteile: Problems in letting support getting acces to legacy systems under Leapwork test is not easy.

• Bewertet am 13.12.2018
IT Specialist
Öl & Energie
  • Bewertet am 31.7.2018

"Extremely user-friendly. Very customizable. You can automate just about anything. "

Vorteile: It's very convenient and cost-efficient when we can automate the bottleneck areas of our processes that require a lot of repetition such as product testing or business verification. It's so easy to use because of the flowchart-based method that even those in our team without a technical/specialist knowledge of coding can build cases and execute them with just the click of a button. Leapwork allows for highly customizable building blocks with virtually no limits on architecture, protocol, application type or age. This makes it so exciting because the possibilities for its applications are limitless.

Nachteile: I used to occasionally find bugs in the system, but they have been becoming fewer and fewer with each regular software update from the developers. Their CS is just incredible.

• Bewertet am 31.7.2018
Claes W.
IT Architect
Versicherung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.9.2017

"Intuitive testing tool for anything, anyone, anywhere"

Kommentare: currently in user acceptance test and regression test we run daily and ad-hoc based schedules, which shows fast fail scenarios and enables us to act upfront before production deployment

Vorteile: - extremely fast timeframe from buying process to full enterprise testing
- ease of use (code free for everyone)
- easy to learn (everyone)
- easy setup
- collaboration features
- selenium is very robust
- image recognition can be adjusted and extended (collection, crosshair)
- replay features (HD video)

Nachteile: From our point of view the most important missing feature is the cross-project availability of custom blocks and an admin module for read/write priveleges on project and case level.
Additional debug features are nice to have

von Leaptest an 12.1.2018

We're working on a new structure for orchestration of flows and sub-flows, which will include the option to share custom building blocks across projects.
We will also launch a new runtime engine, which can execute multiple building blocks in parallel inside each case, and debugging. You can expect both things in Q2 2018.

Scott K.
QA Program Manager
  • Bewertet am 19.9.2017

"LeapTest has been a godsend for our testing efforts, plus it is very fun to learn and use."

Kommentare: The ability to automate ANYTHING!

Vorteile: LeapTest can be used to automate absolutely anything. Virtually no limits on protocol, architecture, application type or age - it just works. It is easy to learn - gone are the days of a logjam when it comes to test cases getting automated, many test cases can be scripted almost as fast as you can execute them manually. Finally, their customer support is INCREDIBLE.

Nachteile: The Web tools are a bit finicky and I think they released them a little soon. However, from what I have seen of LeapTest, they will improve rapidly.

Johan S.
Test coordinator
Versicherung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 26.9.2017

"Easy to use automation tool with good customer support"

Kommentare: With the help of Leaptest I was able to build and run daily regression sets for our core business applications.

Vorteile: How easy it is for automating desktop- and web applications. No coding or scripting knowledge is required.

Nachteile: No functionality for testing web services (or I haven't figured out yet on how to do this). And it would be nice to have a option on the website to report bugs in the software.

von Leaptest an 12.1.2018

Unfortunately, we don't cover testing of APIs and web services.

You can report any bugs by using our live chat. This way, our automation specialists will receive the bug report right away and help you with any workarounds.

Steve C.
Senior QA Analyst
Versicherung, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 27.9.2017

"Extremely versatile, easy to use, powerful software"

Kommentare: Testers without coding experience can create tests. Everyone can create tests much faster

Vorteile: I am able to do everything I use to do with Selenium in a much shorter time without writing any code

Nachteile: It is difficult to store tests in a code repository. The check-in process shows conflicts in the test files that are not easy to recognize. We worked around this by storing tests (assets) in a shared network drive

• Bewertet am 27.9.2017
Aksel D.
Test Manager
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 19.9.2017

"A revolution in Test Automaton"

Kommentare: Easy test data creation. Quick implementation of Test Automation. Loads of data driven testing completed

Vorteile: Its very easy to use and its easy to get started. It supports any environment and UI because it can run entirely on GUI recognition. By using only a few functions you can create sophisticated testing logic as well. Its easy to understand anyone from a normal end-user to a programmer could make great use of this tool for testing purposes.

Nachteile: Its still new on the market and their is lots of new features being added all the time. It can from time to time create a slight instability when new versions are applied but usually help desk works really fast to address the issue and apply a fix

Frank B.
System specialist for system management
Versorgungsunternehmen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 20.9.2017

"Easy-to-use, inexpensive tool for monitoring from the end user's point of view."

Kommentare: Easier creation of test cases for end user monitoring.

Vorteile: Creation of test cases via GUI without coding. Reliable running test cases. Easy installation and setup.

Nachteile: Difficult troubleshooting, as logging quickly becomes confusing. Product updates must always be tested intensively.

Mikkel J.
Technical Tester
  • Bewertet am 20.9.2017

"Creating tests with the selenium web blocks is fast and easy, and works pretty darn well."

Vorteile: The primary reason we chose it for our company was the ease of use for our non technical testers. It allows our testers to focus on creating test cases, not fiddling with software.

Nachteile: Leaptest is still young and is not really good for anything but web testing. The image recognition blocks for app automation are too flaky to be used without great care and expertise, which negates the "ease of use" value of using leaptest. There is also not any support for mobile app testing.

von Leaptest an 12.1.2018

Our Desktop UI technology which was released December 2017 allows for 100% accurate automation regardless of screen resolution and makes text recognition redundant, unless you're automating virtual desktops.

Prachi S.
Senior Tester
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 20.9.2017

"I love this tool because of the ease of use and diagrammatic representation."

Kommentare: What I could achieve in 1 and half years; I could finish in 3-4 months!

Vorteile: The ease of use and make test cases. Even without much knowledge and interest in coding; a tester can make complex test cases to automate.

Nachteile: There is less possibility to debug. If we use a customized building block; we cannot run the case from there and cannot see inside that block what went wrong in which step.

Krispin H.
Testmanager
Finanzdienstleistungen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 20.9.2017

"Very easy to use and with the support offered on the website you'll be possible to get started fast"

Kommentare: easy creatable, reliable automated tests that will run and doe their job ;-)

Vorteile: intuitve usability, fast and reliable support via website, chat and e-mail, "human" approach in searching for images, texts instead of objects (-ids) and internal structures

Nachteile: leaptest controller somethimes consume a lot of resources, caching of controller in collaborative work, no action (like tearup, teardown) for each testcase, for the testrun itself (e.g. reseting DBs,...)