Filtern nach:

Über Square 9

Dokumentenmanagementlösung, die die Erfassung, Abfrage und Verteilung von Geschäftsdaten vereinfacht.

Erfahre mehr über Square 9

Korey H.
Manager, ECM SMB Professional Services in USA

The Konica Minolta Professional Services team delivers Square 9 as a document management solution!

The Square 9 solution platform offers a wide variety of products for document capture, storage, retention, retrieval and workflow processes to increase our customers productively and enable them to work efficiently. Square 9 is the perfect fit for our existing customers already utilizing Bizhub multi-function devices. The Square 9 bEST connector directly integrates with our devices, simplifying scanning, indexing, and searching of documents from the panel. The user interface design is easy to use and significantly cuts down on training costs. The simplistic GlobalSearch and GlobalCapture configuration interface enables our customers to really own the solution and makes it easy for them to apply changes or expand the system to other business areas within the company. The recent advancements with GlobalCapture provides enhanced capabilities to automate the capture of information for unstructured documents. The ability to automatically separate, classify, and extract data from unstructured documents is a major enhancement to the Square 9 platform. The GlobalAction workflow design canvas provides many tool and options to design a solution to meet specific business requirements. The flexibility of the configuration provides several benefits for document workflow automation increasing our customer's return on investment!

Software and re-seller / customer support can always be improved, however the software works great and the Square 9 support team does a great job responding to cases! Square 9 regularly releases new updates and enhancements to their software. At times, response times may be long depending on a variety of situations. A regularly updated knowledge base for customers and re-seller's on common issues and request would be a great help or a community for re-seller's and customer to share or post new ideas, enhancements, or common problems may expand the community. Overall great system and support. Highly recommend!

Timothy E.
Chief Information Officer in USA

Our end users frequently tell me they could NOT do their jobs without the Square9 products we use.

What I love most about the Square9 suite of products is the integration and ease of use. We use both GlobalSearch and GlobalForms, and they work hand in hand. the products have completely changed the way in which we do business. Every department in our organization from HR On-boarding to Accounting, Operations, Legal, and every other department benefits from our Square9 products. We have over 50 GlobalForms in the production environment and have plans for many more. We are continually fine-tuning our workflows in the business. the ease of form creation gives us great flexibility in how we collect data on everything from new employees, inventories, validation forms, check lists and even electronic health records. My end users tell me we would have a mutiny on our hands if we tried to take away GlobalSearch from them. Overall we are very happy with the products.

the only real con I can think of is the fact that the backend product that powers GlobalForms is not a Square9 product. This sometimes leads to differing opinions on the cause of issues or solutions to problems. This hasn't caused us much in the way of difficulties, but sometimes it pops up as a problem.

Chris B.
IT in USA
Essen & Trinken, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Unusable at scale

1 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Cocky and conceded staff, poorly written code, support unable to provide help for the simplest things.

User friendly enough for people with low computer literacy skills.

No automatic cleanup options. File bloat is unmanageable. can only select 22~ docs ever minute. Max of 1,000 at a time. On own virtual server with 12gb ram. Support only suggestion add more ram, at 24gb sever is using under 30% but still move as slow and crashes when tiring to delete more than 1,000 docs at a time. If you buy this product be prepared to dump unlimited storage space to it.

vor 4 Wochen

Dear Chris, As a customer who has been with us for 11 years, we appreciate your feedback. We're sorry your experience didn't match your expectations, but we thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We always aim to deliver a great experience, and we are disappointed when we don't meet expectations. I have contacted our head of support, customer service manager, and account manager, so they can address your concerns. You may reach our head of Customer Success anytime at ekeller@square-9.com to discuss further. Again, thank you for your feedback. -Dawn

Chris D.
IT/GIS Coordinator in Kanada
Umweltdienstleistungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Super happy with our implementation so far. We're just getting into things now...

Kommentare: one step closer to going paperless

Love the workflow design interface for global capture and global action. Also, the batch manager is SO useful in tracking the workflows and how they are working (or not working). The ability to tie documents to other databases with lookups is also very powerful.

I wish the documentation had some examples, esp with the OCR template setup. An example in particular of the directional OCR zones with repeats for line item data extraction into a table field. Even a walk through video would be VERY helpful. The current documentation doesn't explain all the settings and how to configure them for repeating zones. Since its difficult to explain in text, a visual would REALLY help. I've been fighting with it for some time now and I still don't have it working. A hyperlink data type for URL fields would be a great add on. We have many documents that we would like to link to a mapping application ie. work permits link to a location. Many of our documents have a spatial reference that i have in a lookup field in another database that has geographic coordinates based on address. I can't believe this hasn't been implemented yet?! The proposed workaround in the forum doesn't work. The ability to click a hyperlink field that opens a new browser window to a specific URL would be SO nice.

Jeremy M.
Sr. Purchasing Agent in USA
Metallabbau, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

I've used SmartSearch/GlobalSearch for a little over 5 years. We use it to capture inv, pods & POs.

Kommentare: Ease of finding documents via index fields. Nice indexing tools, especially key-free. Make it possible for my remote project sites to create visibility of their documents and purchasing transactions. The same goes for our Corporate office being able to create visibility for our projects sites.

Ease of use. User friendly. Creates many efficiencies for us. We use to create 3 way matches for AP and this software does it great. I love the options to customize searches and permissions. I like that I can do some level of customization without outside help.

Small bugs or quirks. Increasing wait time for key free. Limited options to "burn" items such as signatures or annotations. Missing a strong phone or tablet ap. Worflows are improving but not to a point that satisfies the needs of my company. Would be great to have option to print index fields in margin of shrunk document...or even on a second page.

Peg M.
IT Operations Manager in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

GlobalSearch has helped us increase productivity and revenue.

Kommentare: We have reduced time to process orders both outbound and inbound thus expediting claim submission and increasing cash flow.
We have improved multiple process by developing GlobalSearch workflows to automate previously manual processes.

Easily configurable and adjustable to fit our processes. Administration is extremely easy, one does not need a degree in computer science to make it work or troubleshoot an issue. Users find it easy to learn and use.

We use the desktop client; when we upgrade, it is cumbersome in that we have to touch each workstation and takes a long time on each. It would be nice to retain the number of records displayed in the user settings - as the number of records grows, the default of 50 in the display often leads to records being overlooked in a search.

Josh E.
Essen & Trinken, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

GlobalSearch and Square 9 have helped me eliminate all paper-based documents

Kommentare: This software has completely eliminated all paper costs and improved productivity 60%

It's very user friendly. If I want to search for something, all I have to do is type in a keyword and I can easily find what i'm looking for. Having the ability to create separate inboxes for each type of document made GlobalSearch a really good fit for us. Now, instead of my back office being filled with file cabinets, I've been able to get rid of them entirely and scan everything into GlobalSearch.

I wish there were more online courses to take. With the few Square 9 has, I've learned a lot, but i'd love to be able to learn more about the features from my desk or at home.

CEO in USA
11-50 Mitarbeiter

GlobalSearch, formerly SmartSearch, used to be a favorite of ours. Now it lacks a lot of solutions.

Kommentare: We used to like it, but as it allegedly advances in software development, it bothers us more and more. This is not advancement, this is software regression.

It was cost-competitive, but recent price hikes have lessened that advantage. Has an easy-to-configure archive setup, but its getting messier on their new web consoles. I also like the way it can be both web and desktop client, but new developments in this software are leaving us disappointed.

The viewer interface is slow in launching a lot of retrieved documents. The Scanning Services to process documents runs slower than our old Digitech did, (and that's pretty slow). Their batch manager is NOT easy to use, and the new workflow interface is a mess.

Antwort von Square 9 Softworks

Hello, Thank you for taking the time to review GlobalSearch. You feedback is appreciated! We would like the opportunity to speak with you on your concerns and to remedy any problems you are experiencing. Please contact marketing@square-9.com and we will be happy to escalate any issues you have with the software, and look to have them resolved as quickly and efficiently as possible. We look forward to getting you back on track, and appreciate your continued support. Thank you!

Tannus Q.
President in USA

Excellent product, excellent service

Smart software which makes document routing and management efficient and traceable. Can run backend SQL reports to monitor key metrics across document processing.

Would like to see added features that are more akin to Sharepoint with the ability to multiple fields across multiple documents at once.

David W.
Application Engr in USA

Good Product on SmartSearch

We have a backend system that can connect via REST api. They have a good documentation and sample on how to use the REST API.

Wish they have the online version for SmartSearch with full features as the desktop client. That will be nice. Everything should be web app and no more desktop client.

Fressia B.
EA in USA

User friendly. Organized workflow. Easy to retrieve records by any detail.

I primarily use the program to input accounts payable invoices. Having all the invoices, contracts, tax forms, and crucial correspondence in one location is great for facilitating my workflow.

The Key Free feature is a wonderful tool in theory. However, I find myself having to go back and re-enter a lot of the line items, because it captured the invoice number or date incorrectly. Also, going back and forth from Key Free to manual entry is too time consuming, that I've discontinued using that feature.

Antwort von Square 9 Softworks

Hi Fressia, Thanks for taking the time to review GlobaSearch! Your feedback is always appreciated. I did want to let you know that there are ways to optimize the OCR results for your your document types so you will get better results. Please contact our support desk at (203) 789-0889 opt 2 at your convenience and we will be happy to assist.

Jack R.
Director of IT in USA
Einzelhandel, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Global Search has reduced our storage of paperwork by volumes and made retrieval instant.

Kommentare: Reduction of physically stored paperwork as well as a reduction in lost paperwork. Not having to increase staff as the company has grown.

From a technical standpoint, I like the fact that it takes little of my time to maintain and administrate. With the significant enhancements over the last year or two, I see the ability to automate more and more processes which are done throughout our company.

We do our own design and development. Working through the reseller for issues and questions can be time consuming and sometimes frustrating. From a user perspective, I can't think of any significant cons...

Beverly S.
HR/Payroll/AP in USA

We have been using Square 9 for approximately 3 years.

Availability of our invoices for all users Searching for invoices is easier than going thru a paper file E-mail capabilities of invoices

Sometimes the batch manager doesn't work properly for rejections. Frustrating to have to reset the SSImp Engine...currently, having to do it 3 - 5 times per week.

Antwort von Square 9 Softworks

Beverly, We greatly appreciate you taking the time to review GlobalSearch and wanted to say thanks for your feedback. What you described with needing to reset the batch manager frequently is definitely not standard behavior. We will have someone from our support team contact you asap to get this addressed. Thanks again

Jeff H.
Desktop Support in USA

Solid software that delivers good results

The core Smart Search functionality is very strong and delivers "just works" kind of results. It installs fairly easily and the server requirements are pretty minimal. I would definitely encourage someone looking at Smart Search to be certain that their reseller or integrator is well-versed in how to set up Smart Search as that will definitely impact the effectiveness of the installation and setup process. Ours was and our installation and user training went easily with few real issues. Square 9 as a company is responsive to requests for assistance and support can usually resolve issues quickly.

The web interface is janky--just not well thought through and with some limitations that are not friendly to users. The client software that is more highly-featured is Windows only so if you are working with users who aren't on Windows that can create issues.

Antwort von Square 9 Softworks

Hi Jeff, Thanks for the great feedback. We wanted to let you know that we are less than 90 days away from our v4.5 release of GlobalSearch which will feature an all new web client. The new browser interface will bring both the feel and functionality of our LAN client to the web along with some newly added features. We are super excited about it and think you will be too.

Don L.
Lab Manager in USA
Luft- & Raumfahrt, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Global Capture

Kommentare: We bought this to automatically import files into a home-built system and it's worked well for that. The company has helped us upgrade a couple times and they have been responsive to issues.

Configurability Able to do a lot with the software.

SLOW!!!! We originally got the version that didn't have a browser interface and it was MUCH faster. I recently had a job where we needed to scan several thousand documents and pull some info from them. It's taken a week to get it done.

Brian B.
System Administrator in USA

GlobalSearch is very easy to use, has all the function I need, and looks great.

I enjoy the ability I have to customize it to my needs. I know I have just touched the surface of what my software has the ability to do.

The software support team is usually very slow to respond. There needs to be a rating system of how critical a support ticket is. The desktop application runs much slower than the application on the server. Probably more of an issue with my network than anything else, but still annoying.

Bill S.
Member Service Supervisor in USA
Bankwesen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

We had some reoccurring issues when first implemented. Few and far between afterwards.

Kommentare: We are eliminating our physical storage.

Simplistic enough for our current use. We will be able to expand our usage as our needs grow in the future.

Some of the configuration setup could be a bit more simplistic. Video tutorials would be a massive help.

Antwort von Square 9 Softworks

Bill, Thanks for the great feedback. We just wanted to let you know that there are several video tutorials for GlobalCapture configuration already available. We are actively developing additional videos for GlobalSearch administration as well. You can request access to these online training classes at www.square-9.com/resources/education/. There are also a number of video tech tips available at www.square-9.com/product-videos/technical-tip-series/. Hope this helps and once again, thanks for your continued support!

Donnell lawrence P.
Project Lead in USA
Bau, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Difficult at times

Kommentare: Helped with filing

I can find the items that I am looking for, I can log on anywhere, easy to log into the online system.

Take a lot to search multiple items. It would be great if I could copy and past a list and search them all at once.

Antwort von Square 9 Softworks

Hi Donnell, Thank you for taking the time to review GlobalSearch. We appreciate your feedback and want you to know we are here to help. The multiple item search you are requesting is standard functionality and can be enabled by adjusting your search into a multi value search. If you would like our assistance, please let us know and we can arrange someone to reach out to you - it should only take a few seconds of your time to make this adjustment. Thank you again for your feedback!

Patrick E.
IT Systems Technician in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

helped our company organize our many documents

i liked the improvements in the interface and the speed o f searching. Also, the addition and improvements to the web client have helped our organization massively.

Adding users and Fields is still nebulous. I wish that it was easier to spin up new archives or create them from already existing once.

Ben S.
Director of security and technology in USA

Love the product

Create use tailored to our specific organization. Enjoy workflow and webform customization. Document workflow is a plus as well

Install file size should be cut down. More professional service people to get faster response times for creating forms

Daniel C.
Fleet & Operations Manager in USA

Easy to use, Functional, dependable!

We scan a large number of documents into our system daily and need to search them pretty quickly after they are loaded. This system allows us to do that with minimal processing time and returns reliable results.

Once you get use to the process of building workflows to process documents it is easy but the learning curve can be intense at times. But with support it isn't too bad.

Amy H.
Operations Associate in USA
Öl & Energie, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Very organized in document management.

Kommentare: The benefits I received are organization for scanning documents into SmartSearch and easy to search for the documents. It is very user friendly. Great for document management.

Easy to learn and use. Easy to become familiar with and very organized. It is user friendly. Allows capability for adjustments.

Many features I am not too familiar with, but have not been in a situation when I needed to use them.

Ben E.
Lead Implementaion Consultant in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

This software works pretty well. We use it company-wide.

Kommentare: Ability to have a central repository that is version controlled for users to manage documents.

Easy to use. Versioning ability. It is easy to import and export documents. I like that up to 1000 documents can be loaded at one time. Seems to run at the expected speed. Flexible metadata fields.

Security is cumbersome to setup. Not able to handle multiple domains in one version. The preview window should support more file types. In line editor sometimes does not Save the changes you make even though you did save them.

Benjamin B.
BTS Support Manager in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Great Software

GlobalSearch has allowed my org to automate paper processes and go paperless with ease. Also works great with GlobalForms.

You can not secure done to the document when it comes to who can see certain documents. Like to keep things under one archive but control who can see what.

Kaye V.
Sec Rec in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

still learning

Kommentare: Ease of access

The ease of filing. Easy to navigate. Easy to use . the ability to easily access information will be beneficial

How global forms work is a little tricky. Workflows and such are kind of hard as when we were sold the software, they didn't state this portion of it.