Über Joomla

CMS wurde entwickelt, um sowohl Anfänger*innen als auch Expert*innen bei der Erstellung von Websites und Anwendungen zu helfen.

Erfahre mehr über Joomla

It connects with MySQL so that your data will be saved to backend. Joomla is a php framework and we can use this framework to design api's also.

Few years back the community stop updating this CMS and it stayed on Version 1.5 for a very long period of time.

Bewertungen zu Joomla

3,7
3,8

Joomla hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,2 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 610 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Joomla bereits verwendet?

Sportartikel, Selbstständig

Too much for our needs

Untertitel auf Deutsch sind im Videoplayer verfügbar
Emeka
Emeka
Digital Marketing Trainer in Nigeria

A Content Management System for building websites

Kommentare: I used Joomla to build my website. It was relatively easy to get started with. Joomla works with extensions and templates which allows them to be easily customisable. Joomla saved me the cost of having to outsource my website design to a website developer.

Joomla is a Content Management System (CMS) that can be used to build websites. The things I like about Joomla are: 1. Ability to build a website with no technical knowledge required: The first time I worked on Joomla, I didn't know how to write the programming languages on which Joomla was built, but I was still able to build a website with it using available Joomla templates and extensions. 2. Easy learning curve: I learnt everything I needed to get started with Joomla, and also built my first Joomla website in one day. There are available YouTube tutorials, and plog posts on the internet that can help one to get going with Joomla. 3. Free domain name and hosting: Joomla provides users the option of using Joomla customised domain names for their websites, and also provides them with free hosting. I leveraged Joomla's free domain name and free hosting to build my first Joomla website. 4. Easy to customise: Joomla is very easy to customise. Joomla works with templates and extensions. The templates helps someone to decide how his/her Joomla website will look like, while the extension helps someone to add some functionalities to his/her website. 5. Security: Joomla constantly updates their CMS to provide security patches, and also to keep it from the attack of viruses. This increases the level of confidence with Joomla.

Joomla is an awesome CMS, but that is not without its cons. The cons of Joomla are: 1. Despite the fact that Joomla is easy to learn, it's learning curve is more complex than that of other CMSs like WordPress, Wix, and Weebly. 2. Poor layout: For me, the outlook of a website designed with Joomla seems to be less elegant than that designed with other CMSs like WordPress and Wix. These are the two cons I can point out with Joomla.

Ali
Ali
Information Technology Adviser in Aserbaidschan

Flexible and SEO friendly Content Management System

Kommentare: I have been working with Joomla CMS for many years and it is one of the strongest and oldest free and open source CMS in the world and it is one of the best in terms of security, technology and simplicity and I’ve use Joomla for some website cases that have special features.

It's open source and free! It supported by volunteer community for many years and it's free forever.

Joomla template design could be more beautiful and with more features. In appearance, it has fewer molds than other competitors and should invest more in the appearance and design of the UI.

Steve
Director in UK
Immobilien, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

JOOMLA a time saver

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Easy to set-up and upgrade. Very simple and intuitive interface. Must for company needing a fast Web presence.

Nothing I can complain about up to now..

Penny
Director in Südafrika
Kosmetik, Selbstständig

Joomla - business website review

1,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: The call line service was very helpful, but as per above, they could only advise a list of IT companies to assist. not user friendly for a layman web user, business owner who wants to have full control of their website and be able to have full access for any amendments/updates.

I personally didnt employ the services of Joomla, when I purchased the business, the previous owner had set up the Website on the Joomla platform. The site was easy to navigate for changes to prices, product updates etc.

I had to take over the services of a web designer / IT specialist for any changes to the web design and also had to rely on designer for any major changes on the platform and system updates. Joomla also had very limited website templates available, to be able to eliminate the use of professional designer.

Computer-Software, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

A freely available CMS for everyone

It's freely available, with many features available for you to setup and create your own Content Management System. At the end of the day, what you see is what you get, the CMS provides a near perfect reflection and mapping to all the changes you have made to your website.

It can be CPU intensive and taking a lot of your computing resources if the files are too large.

Matt
Self-employed in Deutschland
Programmentwicklung, Selbstständig

Joomla - the perfect way to start with your website

Kommentare: After using Joomla since 15 years I really must say: This is a great way to start your own website! It's easy to install, especially since many webhosts offer an installer to setup the basic installation without any knowledge of databases etc. You can easily customize the basic website with thousands of extensions and themes so it fits your needs perfectly. For all kind of simple websites, this is surely one of the best options and you always find some people to help in one of the many support channels.

The easy startup and the easy integration of external software makes it perfectly for starters. Also the clean seperation of backend and frontend makes it easier to understand. Me in person, I use Joomla for more then 10 websites and it's definitly my No. 1 for easy small websites.

Joomla serves well for easy websites. However, for large scale, it carries a heavy overload which might make bigger websites (several thousand visitors daily) slow. Also sometimes it's a risk to take third party extensions since you never know how good they're maintained, but that's the risk for all software packages :D

Mark
Mark
Senior Administrator in UK
Hochschulbildung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Still my favourite CMS

Kommentare: Developed three major websites on it and supported two others. Always found it a pleasure to work with, with most functions supported out of the box and easy to hack if it needed to be extended or customised under the surface.

Incredibly powerful and extensible, and easy to hack into almost any configuration. Great support from the community and developer.

Really not much - I wish I had a reason to use it more often! It's often hard to sell clients on Joomla vs something like Wordpress which they recognise more.

Younes
Younes
Web administrator in UK
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

CMS tool that value your needs with free costs

Kommentare: I'm currently using Joomla for my company main website,

With Joomla, it's easier to build a website with no complications, an advanced web builder that simplifies the building task.

The main issue I faced with Joomla was the integration with a local payment gate solution, it was hard for me since my programming skills are limited.

Evelyn
Evelyn
Digital Marketing Strategist and Content Creator in USA
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Powerful Blogging Platform - Little to none third-party support.

Kommentare: My experience was good. But we always found limitations to manage certain kind of contents in regard with the website appearance. There aren't builders as powerful as those found in some other platforms.

Posting blog entries flows easily. The user interface is clean and user friendly.

There is almost no third-party support for this pretty platform making it very limiter in comparison with WordPress which is another framework for blogging and nowadays, a little more.

jayasri
jayasri
web developer in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

joomla review

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

it is very useful for content management. Easily understandable features

I had experience no disadvantages in joomla

Stacy
Lead in USA
Eventservice, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

A little work goes a long way!

Kommentare: I was a faithful user of Joomla for 8 to 10 years. I actually got very good at working within the CMS. Once you learn how it all fits together, it can be a productive CMS, but it's simply not as easy as Wordpress. Wordpress is much less complicated and can do what Joomla does.

Joomla was the very first CMS I ever used. Being open source doesn't hurt, as it's always updating and evolving. The biggest pro for this product is that you have an enormous extensions catalog, both free and paid, which means you can create a one of a kind website.

For me the same thing that makes it great, is also the same thing that makes it less great. With Joomla being updated quite often, it happens often when extensions fail to update as quickly as the CMS itself, which renders them inactive until updated. Plus, there is a learning curve to working with Joomla, and it doesn't take long to forget which extension controls what element of the site.

Brendt
Distribution Manager in Kanada
Großhandel, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Love the Joomla!

Kommentare: Very good system - combines ease of use with a very professional look and feel to the end user experience.

I have been using this platform for many years and it is the easiest to use CMS system I have had the chance to try. Great template selections from many outlets and the Open Source aspect makes looking for tweaks easy.

There are constant security updates that you need to be on top of and keeping the version current can be challenging with keeping certain Modules working properly - not a problem if you read up before making the updates.

José Miguel
Owner in Chile
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

A classic and still alive CMS

Kommentare: Joomla is an excellent solution for any small or big business that needs a dynamic and scalable website. In my case, I don`t use Joomla when I need e-commerce, but that doesn't mean you can`t have a Joomla e-commerce, is just my personal preference. If you are looking for an easy-to-install and manage CMS, just give Joomla a try; you will surely use it in more than one project when you start with the learning curve. Like all the CMS, if you want something simple, is almost an out-of-the-box solution, but you will need to advance some more knowledge to use Joomla successfully.

Joomla is one of my two favorites CMS. It`s an easy-to-use content management solution for any size of business.It is a robust solution for any business that needs a scalable solution even if they are thinking on e-commerce. One of the pros of Joomla is its big community; anyone can learn and create a solution adapted for their business by looking in the big sea of free material you can find on the internet.

Like any other popular CMS, security is a big problem. You will have many attempts of brute attacks and use of the known vulnerabilities (is open source). Of course, this problem can be handled using one or more of the many components you can find for free or purchased in their extensive extensions library.

Design, Selbstständig

Joomla is a great cms alternative to Wordpress

Kommentare: I’ve used it for years with great results for myself and clients. I feel that my joomla sites have been more easy to update and more stable than the Wordpress ones as the years have went by. I’d much more rather troubleshoot a joomla error than a Wordpress one :) any day

I love Joomlas structure both from a content editors perspective and a coders perspective. Joomla is setup out of the box to handle and organize large amounts of content and is seo friendly. It’s templating system is easy to work with and makes it so much easier for designers and users. It’s admin is customizable and is logical. I’ve tried to love Wordpress but find myself always going back to joomla. In so many ways it’s core features and overall structure is just more logical to me and cleaner. Many times there isn’t a need for plugins cause the core will do most things which helps later on with site migrations and upgrades. With either Wordpress or joomla of one finds themselves needing super advanced feature sets such as for e-commerce or other things then I’d recommend looking into a customized saas service since they will be a lot more stable and better in the long term for maintenance and security. But for content sites and most business applications I love joomla over most other cms choices. The latest versions of joomla have also added nice core features making it extensible in a myriad of ways. As a non coder by trade I was able to learn joomla well and customize things myself since they are laid out more logically,

I think akeeba backup should partner with joomla and make akeeba a core feature of the cms :) but it’s still easy to install myself and run backups :) so no problem.

Alan
Web Designer in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Amazing CMS for larger government websites

Kommentare: I've had a great experience with Joomla as it has a huge number of extensions, particles, and templates to help you get the perfect results for a refined and highly functional website.

We use Joomla for our County websites that serve 1 million plus customers. We have a number of staff editors that maintain their specialized content for our 3 local government websites here in Southern California. When working with Joomla, a good template developer is essential and it's important to use a good hosting company for ease of installation and maintenance. We use InspireThemes for our templates and SiteGround as our hosting company. This is a terrific combination as these vendors provide excellent products and superior support. Joomla is a fantastic CMS for our needs as it provides stability, powerful extensions, room for expansion, and ease of use.

I would strongly advise anyone wanting to use Joomla to start with a Quickstart template with a strong framework built in, like Gantry5 framework. The Quickstart templates save development time and frustration. You can easily install a fresh template in a matter of minutes and then choose your features and away you go! But use a reliable template developer and a customer service oriented hosting company - VERY IMPORTANT!

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

I will keep using Joomla and can't recommend enough

Kommentare: I was able to collaborate on design changes to our corporate website with my fellow designers and developers, and overall the experience of editing, designing, previewing, and publishing content was at first a little time consuming to follow all the steps, but eventually was so easy to follow time and time again. It is a tool that myself and my colleagues continue to turn to when we have web development tasks that need to be completed and with new features continuing to be pushed out, it's never been a better time to learn how to use and train others on the program as well.

I found Joomla to be a great tool that was used as the back end engine of our customer facing website. As someone with some technical skills, I was able to learn how to use the editing tools pretty quickly, I learned how to be a user administrator and set up permissions for our customer portal to allow ease of access for customer materials - the overall set up of these features was a very stress free process.

Depending on how you've decided to use this content management tool, the process of upgrading certain features and customizing the back end user interface can be challenging when the needs arise. I find the normal challenges that I've found with similar content management tools, however there is little that I dislike from a back end user perspective.

Manager in Japan
Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Create You Own Responsive Website

Kommentare: I have used Joomla since it's 1.5 version (it's just about to enter v.4 at the time of writing) so there must be something good about it!! I've used it for a web based book rental service (modifying an online store component), for a school's and cafe's general website (the ability to create custom made forms, with back-end functions is a huge plus. Recently I have used it to set up a fully responsive online store where the functuality we needed was not available on out-of-the-box platforms.

Some of things I like about Joomla are, it gives you a lot of freedom to create your own website, with the features and styling you want, or need! Also, there are loads of extensions on the JED (Joomla Extension Directory) so if you want your website to preform a certain function...somebody has probably already built an extension for that. Many of these aforementioned extensions, are either free or low cost. There is also the satisfaction of building your own unique website and knowing that it will be fully responsive accross all devices.

The learning curve is a little steep. While setting up Joomla is relatively easy, getting that polished look of professional sites can take some fiddling, delving into code and tweaking certain parameters etc..

Andrés E.
Andrés E.
Analista sénior in Venezuela
Telekommunikation, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Organizing and showing content can be very easy

Kommentare: Joomla, for those who have not tried it, do it could be here an opportunity to create a blo or even a corporate website, in addition ... it's free

I have been working in the area of ​​electronic media for at least 6 years and, truth be told, I have walked through several CMS. This one in particular, has called my attention for several things. In principle, the posivilidad develop web pages that are shown with dynamic and interactive content. Nowadays it is a very important point. Another interesting aspect is that it is written in PHP, a language that many IT people in the world, handle quite well. In relation to my work, it is tremendous because it facilitates the updating of the site very easily. Task that I must do several times a day. I think it's an excellent work tool, very intuitive.

Even though I mentioned that it is intuitive, I think that the person who is going to interact with this or any other CMS must perform some kind of course to handle it easily. Another element to consider, is SEO. I think it can be improved. Currently, other CMS have better benefits in that regard. Mind you, I'm not saying it's bad, only that it can be improved.

Joseph
Joseph
Thailand
Quelle: GetApp

In many ways better than Wordpress

Instead of focusing on Joomla only I tell you why Joomla is a better alternative compared to Wordpress in many scenarios when you are not looking for blog only solution. (Of course when it comes to Blogs there's EasyBlog for Joomla). WordPress was and is technically inferior compared to Joomla because of – spaghetti codes – no multilingual option out of the box – nor access levels and control – nor proper menu management (for those with portals to manage 50+ menu items) – no template, plugin and language overrides (always creating a child theme is really something that shouldn’t exist in the first place) – nor user groups and a lot of other noes…

The reason Wordpress is still better in many scenarios is thanks to the amazing 3rd party plugin developers (who can rely on the raw purchasing power of myriads of Wordpress users) like Yoast, Woocommerce and multitudes of others and the fast and easy interface. Since Joomla now have a SEO plugin similar to Yoast (called PWT SEO) there are fewer and fewer reasons not to choose Joomla.

Lisa
Lisa
USA

Joomla Is Robust and Extensible

Kommentare: I've been using Joomla! for almost 10 years, since the very early days of the project. It's come a long, long way since then, and it remains one of the most flexible and feature-rich CMSes out there. The caveat is that any novice will have difficulty learning the ins and outs of Joomla unless they are massively dedicated to pouring over pages of documentation. When compared to WordPress, it has more out-of-the-box features but is a little less user-friendly in terms of getting up and going.

The built-in ACL is excellent, allowing you to easily create user-focused site without adding a ton of plugins. Joomla beats WordPress in user management, menu management, and template management out of the box. There is very little that you can't do with this software.

Many people don't keep the software up-to-date, which leads to security concerns and has given the impression that Joomla is insecure. It's not any more or less than other open source software, but it HAS to be kept up-to-date, and with all open source CMSes security software is a must. SEO isn't quite as easy in Joomla but I hear that's changing with upcoming releases.

Jenny
Administrative Assistant in Australien

Joomla is an amazingly versatle way to build great websites fairly easily.

Kommentare: Its versatility and flexibility make Joomla a great product to work with once you get your head around how it works. There are plenty of tutorials to help the process so it doesn't take long.

I love the versatility of Joomla - its ability to make your website anything you want it to be. I have been using it since its inception and being free to start off with is a big winner, and many of the addons are free, so it doesn't take much to set it up and get going. There is a wealth of information available to help you and lots of support groups to join to help you get the most out of the product. I believe Joomla leads the way in many web design standards and is a world class product produced and maintained by a talented and dedicated team of volunteers.

Sometimes it is hard to sift through all the info in forums and support sites to find out what you need, and because it has evolved so rapidly, there is a lot of stuff out there from older versions that slows down searches.

Iqra
Iqra
Digital Media Specialist in Pakistan

Best Software or CMS for the Web Development

Kommentare: I use Joomla in my few websites because it's a free and open-source content management system. I have created a number of online applications using Joomla. Joomla is really a professional CMS and for me, the importance of Joomla is too much. I really love this CMS. I always install first using the localhost, then I create the website offline with Joomla then I transfer the content from the local server to the remote server.

If you want to be a web developer, first learn the Joomla and then create your personal or business websites with Joomla. Because Joomla is a flexible platform for the website creators. You can build professional websites and powerful online applications using Joomla. Joomla is a search engine friendly and mobile-friendly content management system.

There are lots of benefits and features of Joomla. I am using Joomla for last few years, and I never faced any problem in Joomla. For me, SEO is very important for my websites, so Joomla always helps me. According to me, there are no cons, Joomla is perfect.

Bill Laurel
Bill Laurel
Programmer in Frankreich
Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Joomla review

Joomla is an excellent open source content management system that is perfect for creating websites, blogs, and online stores. It is simple to use, has a vast selection of features, and is highly customizable, making it very flexible. You can use it to build any sort of website, from a small personal blog to a large corporate website. It is also very extensible, offering hundreds of third-party extensions that can be used to add further features.

Joomla has some disadvantages, such as difficulty in modification and extension, especially for those with limited knowledge in coding. It can also be slow and resource-intensive, particularly on shared hosting plans. Additionally, there is an absence of modern visual design elements, as well as incompatibility with more recent technologies like HTML5 and CSS3.

Nairoby
Nairoby
Consultor in Venezuela
Telekommunikation, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

An easy to use and understand handler

Kommentare: For developers I recommend Joomla

Joomla is free software therefore we can review it from head to foot without problem and adapt it to our needs, for this we must have knowledge in php and database, depending on the level of knowledge and the ability to understand foreign source code, you can achieve wonders with Joomla. My beginnings with Joomla were with version 1.7 and migrating it to 2.5 was quite tedious, so much was the impact that I decided to forget about the previous version and start a new website, which was a boost perfect to update the design, select a good template and modify it as required;later the migration of 2.5 to 3 following the tutorial of the official page was much more Simple and fast, I had no problems with the database. Joomla allows the installation of infinities of modules, plugins and extensions that facilitate the work and allow to diversify the page, making it attractive, has extesiones for the management of the security to avoid hacking; changing the language for me was fundamental. There is a large community to find information about Joomla.In terms of user management and administration, it is very broad, with profiles and groups an important level of security is maintained The way to classify the articles by categories, allows you to have an organized and clean website.

- If it's a blog what you need to do, I do not recommend using Joomla - Some plugins or modules can be security holes. - Also some plugins or modules offer features that you only get if you pay, of course this does not depend directly on Joomla but on the developers of each module, but it can be frustrating when you want to add functionality and you can not pay it.

Jacob
Jacob
Computer Programmer in USA
Telekommunikation, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Option to consider for the creation of Website

Kommentare: My experience with Joomla has been regular, I have used it for certain projects of websites, but the truth is that the result has not been as I have expected and as much as I have tried to achieve it becomes uphill due to the same limitations that this manager has. content, I feel it is an option to consider but as long as they take into consideration the others that exist in the market and know their benefits and their disadvantages.

The things that I like most about Joomla is that it is open source, therefore any one can code freely, there is also a large library of plugis that solve problems and the possibility of working with already designed templates, whether they are paid or free.

Joomla has some things that I do not like and is that it stays behind its competitors, the benefits it has are very simple compared to other content managers, basically its main use is only for websites that are blogs, and so So much is short when it comes to talking about e-commerce sites, the configuration of SEO or positioning is more complicated and less effective than its competitors and besides them it is more complex to use than others with which better results are achieved. It is also good to clarify that in my opinion the library of both paid and free templates are very basic in comparison to the class of websites that we see today.