Über Joomla

CMS wurde entwickelt, um sowohl Anfänger*innen als auch Expert*innen bei der Erstellung von Websites und Anwendungen zu helfen.

Erfahre mehr über Joomla

It connects with MySQL so that your data will be saved to backend. Joomla is a php framework and we can use this framework to design api's also.

Few years back the community stop updating this CMS and it stayed on Version 1.5 for a very long period of time.

Bewertungen zu Joomla

3,7
3,8

Joomla hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,2 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 613 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Joomla bereits verwendet?

Paul

Emeka
Emeka
Digital Marketing Trainer in Nigeria

A Content Management System for building websites

Kommentare: I used Joomla to build my website. It was relatively easy to get started with. Joomla works with extensions and templates which allows them to be easily customisable. Joomla saved me the cost of having to outsource my website design to a website developer.

Joomla is a Content Management System (CMS) that can be used to build websites. The things I like about Joomla are: 1. Ability to build a website with no technical knowledge required: The first time I worked on Joomla, I didn't know how to write the programming languages on which Joomla was built, but I was still able to build a website with it using available Joomla templates and extensions. 2. Easy learning curve: I learnt everything I needed to get started with Joomla, and also built my first Joomla website in one day. There are available YouTube tutorials, and plog posts on the internet that can help one to get going with Joomla. 3. Free domain name and hosting: Joomla provides users the option of using Joomla customised domain names for their websites, and also provides them with free hosting. I leveraged Joomla's free domain name and free hosting to build my first Joomla website. 4. Easy to customise: Joomla is very easy to customise. Joomla works with templates and extensions. The templates helps someone to decide how his/her Joomla website will look like, while the extension helps someone to add some functionalities to his/her website. 5. Security: Joomla constantly updates their CMS to provide security patches, and also to keep it from the attack of viruses. This increases the level of confidence with Joomla.

Joomla is an awesome CMS, but that is not without its cons. The cons of Joomla are: 1. Despite the fact that Joomla is easy to learn, it's learning curve is more complex than that of other CMSs like WordPress, Wix, and Weebly. 2. Poor layout: For me, the outlook of a website designed with Joomla seems to be less elegant than that designed with other CMSs like WordPress and Wix. These are the two cons I can point out with Joomla.

Pedro
Pedro
CEO in Portugal
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Seems to have stoped in time

Up to 12 years ago I used Joomla a lot for many websites and back then it was very intuitive, easy to use and fairly complete, compared to what competitors offered

Nowadays this seems to have droped a lot in quality, functionality, simplicity, easy of use, etc. Other platforms have grown a lot better like WordPress, Prestashop among others, and Joomla simply seem to have lots the magic that once had

Computer-Software, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Use Joomla if you like structured and guided onboarding

Kommentare: Joomla has quite alot of features out of the box so you can get started quickly without worrying about installing additional add-ons.

I've used Joomla from time to time, when I have no say over what CMS to use. It's fairly popular in the early 2010s. The fact that it is still around now, though it's market share has been dwindling over the decade, shows that there is still value. I love how the setup process and admin panel are so structured and guided. So it is really easy to get started with zero knowledge. The menus are all well categorised and labelled properly so you know where to find what. You won't get lost: system, users, content, etc. Just click on every single category and page, and your website will be done in no time.

The actual website layout is pretty boring and lacks creativity so it may not be suitable for all kinds of website. However, if content is more important than aesthetics or presentation for you, then Joomla may be what you're looking for. People say there is a steep learning curve, it does take awhile. Funny thing is, if you're IT saavy or know some basic coding, I find I take longer to customise Joomla than its competitors. But if you're not so good at computers, then use Joomla.

Ali
Ali
Information Technology Adviser in Aserbaidschan

Flexible and SEO friendly Content Management System

Kommentare: I have been working with Joomla CMS for many years and it is one of the strongest and oldest free and open source CMS in the world and it is one of the best in terms of security, technology and simplicity and I’ve use Joomla for some website cases that have special features.

It's open source and free! It supported by volunteer community for many years and it's free forever.

Joomla template design could be more beautiful and with more features. In appearance, it has fewer molds than other competitors and should invest more in the appearance and design of the UI.

Hugo
Hugo
QA Manager in Mexiko
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Joomla a tool for intermediate website management

Kommentare: Joomla has helped us to rapidly create plain websites, informative websites in a real quick way.
Joomla allows us to have blogs that are shareable and easy to use across collaborators
This option offers flexibility and is user-friendly for those that are not experts in coding.

Joomla is a cool tool for beginners but also for intermediate users. What I liked more was. - The correct division of the elements available for manipulation (components, modules, templates) - The UI is good and allows you a friendly usability

Joomla could consider being more flexible when an upgrade is required. I understand there are some dependencies on the versions of external software like PHP or MySQL, but the support sometimes is not clear and has generated some users to leave Joomla and look for other opportunities.

Mark
Mark
Senior Administrator in UK
Hochschulbildung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Still my favourite CMS

Kommentare: Developed three major websites on it and supported two others. Always found it a pleasure to work with, with most functions supported out of the box and easy to hack if it needed to be extended or customised under the surface.

Incredibly powerful and extensible, and easy to hack into almost any configuration. Great support from the community and developer.

Really not much - I wish I had a reason to use it more often! It's often hard to sell clients on Joomla vs something like Wordpress which they recognise more.

Younes
Younes
Web administrator in UK
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

CMS tool that value your needs with free costs

Kommentare: I'm currently using Joomla for my company main website,

With Joomla, it's easier to build a website with no complications, an advanced web builder that simplifies the building task.

The main issue I faced with Joomla was the integration with a local payment gate solution, it was hard for me since my programming skills are limited.

Solai
Content Writer and Web Designer in Kenia
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Solid platform for building website and managing web content

Kommentare: We often use Joomla to build and customize websites for our clients. The platform provides everything you need to create a professional website with minimal effort. The template and plugin libraries are extensive, making it easy to tailor the website to meet our clients' needs. It also complements your SEO efforts by providing the appropriate web layout, managing keywords, adding meta tags, and linking to social media platforms.

Joomla has a clean dashboard that you can navigate easily when creating, editing, or publishing content. It allows you to create a website that serves your needs using ready templates and plugins. Since Joomla has many free templates, you can create a customized website, online shop, or blog without spending money or time on the project. I also appreciate that you can change the language on Joomla, though I have never used another language.

Although Joomla is user-friendly and fairly easy to use, someone who has never built a website will likely experience challenges especially when choosing and installing templates and extensions. This simply means you need some training or build a few websites to enhance your skills. We sometimes experience compatibility issues when installing some plugins. I'd say it is ideal for small and medium websites without complex features.

Ralf
Ralf
Webdeveloper and Owner in Spanien
Internet, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Powwerfull but not user friendly

Kommentare: I only ever use this in large and complex systems with large user/clients bases. The data is very structured and not everything packed all in just one or two tables and you need constantly join tables to get just one information. This is a system to use for something like real estate with massive of data that need to be pulled from the database very quickly.

This is a very powerful system with great data model and database structure. Everything is well separated in the database and easy to optimize. File and folder structure is also very clear and structured. This is the system to use if you have a large client/user base need different access roles.

This is a developer system. Standard user will find this very complicated and complex. Its not user friendly and the concept are very powerful but very technical.

Gustavo
Gustavo
Director in Portugal
Marketing & Werbung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Joomla is a Good tool, but Wordpress does offer more.

Kommentare: My experience was some poor since Joomla requires to take a long road to mange easy tasks.
I stop using the platform while I finding myself striving to get some critical integrations with different platforms.

Open Source System Good for blog entries Easy to install

There are not many third party integrations The community of users isn't big. Customizing any website requires a lot of work and there is few an little quality premade layouts available.

Matt
Self-employed in Deutschland
Programmentwicklung, Selbstständig

Joomla - the perfect way to start with your website

Kommentare: After using Joomla since 15 years I really must say: This is a great way to start your own website! It's easy to install, especially since many webhosts offer an installer to setup the basic installation without any knowledge of databases etc. You can easily customize the basic website with thousands of extensions and themes so it fits your needs perfectly. For all kind of simple websites, this is surely one of the best options and you always find some people to help in one of the many support channels.

The easy startup and the easy integration of external software makes it perfectly for starters. Also the clean seperation of backend and frontend makes it easier to understand. Me in person, I use Joomla for more then 10 websites and it's definitly my No. 1 for easy small websites.

Joomla serves well for easy websites. However, for large scale, it carries a heavy overload which might make bigger websites (several thousand visitors daily) slow. Also sometimes it's a risk to take third party extensions since you never know how good they're maintained, but that's the risk for all software packages :D

Sergey
Sergey
Manager, Technology Infrastructure and Compliance in USA
Gastgewerbe, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Zero $0 investment, resulting in a great looking website

Kommentare: Not only I learned something new, which I've never known before, I was also able to present a great looking product to a higher level management, which really didn't cost company a penny.

I came to use Joomla when I needed to build a web based portal for my company to organize internal resources and data. While I can't call myself a Linux guru, it really took me 15 minutes to get my initial Joomla website up and running. Instructions are very clear and simple. Joomla was my first CMS product to evaluate. While it did take me a couple of days to understand it's structure, from that point, building a website was as easy as 123. Everything is visual. You don't have to be a great programmer / web developer to get along with this product. With the amount of available free and paid plugins, sky is really your limit to your web site customization. While my website was fairly simple (as that's the way I wanted to have it), I've seen examples of very complex high end websites, built on Joomla. My favorite feature is a backup. It so happened several times, that I managed to break my website. Restoring from a backup and going back live was so easy, it was hard to believe. Provided this was a totally free solution (Ubuntu Linux + Joomla CMS), I couldn't ask for a better software for my project.

Really nothing. Like I said it did take me a couple of days to understand how to add content and structure it, but once this was figured out, the rest was a breeze.

Design, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Joomla

Kommentare: a free and powerful tool, it allowed me to create my first website and gave me a taste for learning web design.

this tool is a solution for quality, secure and large sites

no need to know php to use joomla, it's easier to set up a blog with joomla

Alvaro
Alvaro
Account Manager in Philippinen
Versorgungsunternehmen, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

CMS that is fully customizable

Kommentare: Joomla! CMS is one of the first out there, and it keeps improving. Support is easy to find via their active Open source community. The setup requires a little reading up, but once you get past this initial hurdle, everything else is easy to use, intuitive, and super flexible to suit everyone's need. Joomla! is also a good choice in teaching young IT and Web enthusiasts since it is open source and fully extensible and customizable. It will run on older hardware, and minimum requirement will not be a problem.

Joomla! has been around for decades, and the reason for such popularity and continued use is that it is easy-to-use and manage, it is open source and has a huge and active community that maintains it. The community provides extensive documentation, FAQs, and support for almost any question or issue you may encounter. Joomla! can be set up locally and easy to deploy to the Internet publicly. The security features have significantly improved through the years. This CMS comes with an intuitive dashboard. And there are many third-party integrations available for setup. Since this is open source, the elements are customizable to suit your needs.

Setting up may require an initial (steep) learning curve. May be not as easy to set up as Wix or Weebly. Hence may require the admin to be more-or-less tech savvy (and not just a beginner).

Hang
Freelancer in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Top 3 CMS

Kommentare: 1. Joomla is both users friendly and smart phones friendly, and easy to build;
2. For the non-programmers, Joomla is a "logic module", they can learn by doing;
3. Joomla is a free CMS, so if you build a simple small or middle-size website, you pay only domain fee and server fee. But since 2019, the prices of almost all apps, themes which are used on Joomla, have increased 40% to 150%.

As a CMS, Joomla is more powerful than WordPress (which originally is a blog platform), Joomla can be used on the broader fields, I used it to build hunting site, Chinese acupuncture site, a blog site, several different kinds of eCommerce sites. Joomla is more easy to build sites and make SEO.

1. It is little bit hard to add ads such as Google ads (need 3 steps); 2. it has only limited layout selections; if you hope to build different layout design, you must be a good php programmer; 3. If you want to change/modify the original designs, such as change homepage's background color, or make the homepage broaden, or delete the top space of the homepage, you MUST access the php program to modify.

Erik
Erik
Graphic Designer in USA
Grafikdesign, Selbstständig

Joomla review

Kommentare: Overall experience was pleasant. I do however favor other content management systems a little more based on functionality and ease of format, but still overall very positive.

I liked how organized and user friendly this content management system was. It was very easy to show my clients that they could help edit and change things on their own website instead of calling me every day to make simple changes that only take a couple minutes. Those couples minutes don’t really add up enough to pay out enough to compensate my time being used for free each time they were to call and ask about simple changes. The “what you see is what you get” functionality made this possible. I also liked that I could get into the backend of a website and control the coding instead of just using the “wysiwug” (what you see is what you get)

What I liked least is that if a website didn’t maintain all the necessary updates and were stuck on a way older model, it would make it extremely difficult to jump and skip all the necessary updates to the newest one. I had one website that had never been updated to the newest joomla, running on a very old version, that made creating the website a nightmare and wasnt sure how to jump to the newest version without having to take a million steps in between.

Raju
Assistant Professor in Indien
Bildungsmanagement, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Join the Community and Discover Joomla's Power

Kommentare: It is a free CMS which can be used to build your website and make it look good and attractive. It is completely free to use so worth a try.

1. Joomla is designed to be search engine optimization (SEO) friendly and includes features such as meta tags, sitemaps, and URL rewriting.2. It has a large and active community of users and developers who contribute to the software by creating templates, extensions, and plugins.3. It is highly scalable and can be used to create websites and applications of any size, from small blogs to large e-commerce sites.4. Joomla can be easily integrated with other applications and services, such as social media platforms, payment gateways, and CRM systems.5. It provides users with a comprehensive support system that includes forums, documentation, and community-based support.

It is slower sometimes and might require some training to use it. However, many video tutorials are available in YouTube.

Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

An Open Source Classic- but not for everyone

Kommentare: In my opinion, Joomla! is still a tool for geeks, who prefer functionality over aesthetics. If you want to exercise full control over your website, from the hosting to the design, this is one of the best choices on the market. Your site can easily be adapted and expanded thanks to a myriad of plugins or extensions. I personally prefer giving up control to have less hassle with the developing part, and prefer a smoother look.

I started using Joomla! 3.1 when I did a course on Open Source Systems whilst unemployed. We were able to choose between Wordpress and Joomla!- and I chose Joomla! because I was already using Blogger, and knew that WP was somewhat similar. I liked the fact that the backend was fairly easy to use for the actual writing part- optimal for beginners. This was similar to what I was used at writing blogposts. I liked that there are many plugins available that integrate smoothly- which tends to be a big problem in Wordpress (many bugs).

For a fair beginner, setting up a server was rather challenging. Also, I am a bit of a design geek- and the "look" of the platform (something I know doesn't deter most programmers) hurt my taste back then. I noticed that this has since improved with version 4, and I am aware that I am being superficial here, and probably not part of the target group- who have different priorities, like usability, extendability, speed etc.

Joseph
Joseph
Thailand
Quelle: GetApp

In many ways better than Wordpress

Instead of focusing on Joomla only I tell you why Joomla is a better alternative compared to Wordpress in many scenarios when you are not looking for blog only solution. (Of course when it comes to Blogs there's EasyBlog for Joomla). WordPress was and is technically inferior compared to Joomla because of – spaghetti codes – no multilingual option out of the box – nor access levels and control – nor proper menu management (for those with portals to manage 50+ menu items) – no template, plugin and language overrides (always creating a child theme is really something that shouldn’t exist in the first place) – nor user groups and a lot of other noes…

The reason Wordpress is still better in many scenarios is thanks to the amazing 3rd party plugin developers (who can rely on the raw purchasing power of myriads of Wordpress users) like Yoast, Woocommerce and multitudes of others and the fast and easy interface. Since Joomla now have a SEO plugin similar to Yoast (called PWT SEO) there are fewer and fewer reasons not to choose Joomla.

Lisa
Lisa
USA
Quelle: GetApp

Joomla Is Robust and Extensible

Kommentare: I've been using Joomla! for almost 10 years, since the very early days of the project. It's come a long, long way since then, and it remains one of the most flexible and feature-rich CMSes out there. The caveat is that any novice will have difficulty learning the ins and outs of Joomla unless they are massively dedicated to pouring over pages of documentation. When compared to WordPress, it has more out-of-the-box features but is a little less user-friendly in terms of getting up and going.

The built-in ACL is excellent, allowing you to easily create user-focused site without adding a ton of plugins. Joomla beats WordPress in user management, menu management, and template management out of the box. There is very little that you can't do with this software.

Many people don't keep the software up-to-date, which leads to security concerns and has given the impression that Joomla is insecure. It's not any more or less than other open source software, but it HAS to be kept up-to-date, and with all open source CMSes security software is a must. SEO isn't quite as easy in Joomla but I hear that's changing with upcoming releases.

goran
bach. telecommm. engineer in Bosnien und Herzegowina
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Joomla 3.9

Kommentare: With the help of this CMS, I trained a dozen people during my time working in the ministry. The workers had almost no experience with CMS systems and especially with administration work. Also, using the Joomla program, I organized Internet support for the political party NEP in Tuzla for the 2006 elections. Wide implementation and ease of implementation is its advantage.

Just some are: great user interface, ease of use, menu associativity, number of options, speed, great back-end access. Ease of use and ability to use for a variety of purposes. I personally used it for over 4 years in the Ministry of Defense F BiH and as a freelancer at a localhost. Lots of wonderful template. Regularly updated free versions and templates. All the Joomla templates are SEO friendly, no bugs, with Google Data Structure and Validation.

CMS does not have any significant disadvantages that are worth mentioning, my opinion.

Jenny
Administrative Assistant in Australien

Joomla is an amazingly versatle way to build great websites fairly easily.

Kommentare: Its versatility and flexibility make Joomla a great product to work with once you get your head around how it works. There are plenty of tutorials to help the process so it doesn't take long.

I love the versatility of Joomla - its ability to make your website anything you want it to be. I have been using it since its inception and being free to start off with is a big winner, and many of the addons are free, so it doesn't take much to set it up and get going. There is a wealth of information available to help you and lots of support groups to join to help you get the most out of the product. I believe Joomla leads the way in many web design standards and is a world class product produced and maintained by a talented and dedicated team of volunteers.

Sometimes it is hard to sift through all the info in forums and support sites to find out what you need, and because it has evolved so rapidly, there is a lot of stuff out there from older versions that slows down searches.

Vinny
Vinny

The Potential to Grow

Kommentare: I build sites for myself and clients using this platform.

Very powerful tools to restrict and grant access to users and admins built-in. I find it more secure then Wordpress, which is probably due to Wordpress' popularity, however, there are a lot of security features built-in. Very active community and the plugins are vetted regularly that are posted on their website. Joomla websites are very versatile in what they can be used for and can grow as you need them. They keep a regular update schedule and keep the community updated .

It can be a little confusing whether the content is coming from an article, component or a module. They don't handle canonical links very well and links are all menu based (however that can be a positive because it's easy to dictate what you'd like for a URL). Media Manager is a bit cumbersome and hopefully, version 4 will address a lot of the issues (such as replacing images).

Farhan
Farhan
Booking Officer in Pakistan
Transport/Güterfrachtverkehr/Schienenverkehr, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

The professional content management system for Website Development

Kommentare: I have developed a few websites using the Joomla and I really like this superb content management system. There are lots of reasons that I am satisfied with Joomla and some of them are these reasons. The Joomla is search engine friendly and mobile friendly. It's flexible and fully extensible. So I am really happy with Joomla.

Joomla is really incredible platform for the professional website creators. People can build professional websites from scratch to the advanced level using the Joomla. Joomla dashboard is really easy to understand. All options are very simple to use. You can create pages, articles and you can also add different users for your website.

There are few extensions and modules that are really expensive. So according to my experience there should be some free or trial versions of these extensions. So the beginners can try these extensions before purchasing them.

Darrin
Sole Proprietor in Malaysia

Joomla is a CMS system that is works well for sites with a lot of content, like magazine sites.

Kommentare: Joomla was running a site of mine for several years until I sold it off. The basic version of Joomla can do the job well enough indeed, but the script was never very secure, and I had to do a major version update later on, which was not easy. So I never updated the site at all. For people who do not know anything about PHP, managing a Joomla site can be harder than it looks. The back-end admin can look and feel outdated/slow if you come from a WordPress background. But as far as doing the job, no issues there, and it is still more user-friendly than Drupal.

Joomla is quite user friendly, and simple to run/manage. It works well to power sites that have a lot of content, and there are now many free plugins that extend its scope. The URLs can be made into SEO friendly URLs with the aid of plugins and installation is not too difficult.

The back-end admin panel looks and feels rather dated and it is not a very secure script. Hackers are known to easily break into Joomla sites and it seems to consume quite a lot of server resources. If you need support, you are largely limited to the discussion board. Although there are many free plugins, but they may not be updated often, and you could be forced to buy expensive paid plugins simply because your options are limited.