Simply the BEST

Bewertet am 16.4.2019
Mark B.
Delivery Driver
Logistik & Lieferkette, Selbstständig

Kommentare: So you might have guessed I'm a little impressed with this software. I have been using route4me mobile for the last 3 weeks and it was adequate, but lacked. You CANNOT upload an address it does not recognize and as I previously mentioned "geotag". This simple ability, not to mention their generous 30 day trial (not 3) and the fair pricing led me to purchase a years subscription before I even used the software live on my route. I had a question about some routing so I emailed support on a Sunday and had a response within the hour.
If you are on the fence about routing software, belive me this is the one. Don't even try anything else, unless you like giant pains in your butt or losing your hair from frustration!

Vorteile: First and foremost what I like the best is the pricing. I know that seems like a shallow response but I have not been able to find a comparable route planner that realizes I am only one person, not a fleet, and offers me a reasonable price for their service. Other benefits are the address matching function, it is much better than the programs I have been using. Better yet, if the program does not recognize an address in my upload lists it will proc a geotag I can move to where I want the address located. I work in a rural area and this is probably the most amazing ability I have found. Want it to be better?? It saves the name of the location in your active address book and will pull it up the next time eliminating future corrections. The fact that the computational process is all done on their servers means I can run the webservice on a very basic machine I feel safe leaving in my vehicle for this service. The mobile phone app is so simple, yet elegant in its design it boggles my mind. No heavy features to get in the way just simple functionality. The GPS tracking in real time is also quite accurate. The fact I can just push a route to my mobile from the Web service is outstanding. There are a host of other commonalities that this shares with other services like "in delivery" and "complete" functions.

Nachteile: OK, so I cannot ramble on about the service and not have something a little clunky about it so here it is... updating "live" delivery lists is a bit un-possible, I say un-possible because it is not impossible but the work around is a little bit of a PITA. The inability to have more than one "depot" at a time is a personally unique challenge seeing as I do an in and out run, but I just do my afternoon in reverse.... hardly the end of the world. That's the worst I have to say about it =)

von OptimoRoute an 13.5.2019

Hey, Mark. It's great to hear we checked so many of your boxes right off the bat. Email us at support@optimoroute.com so we can help make the "un-possible" a bit easier!

Worth more than the subscription price

Bewertet am 7.2.2019
Pablo S.
Retired
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I'm doing snow removal from a set of static locations. I am completely unfamiliar with all the streets and these locations. OptimoRoute is my wingman. It reduces my overall driving time, which translates to fuel and maintenance reduction costs.

Vorteile: I am a recently retired computer geek. I have done a lot of work solving problems for clients. In my retirement I decided, among other things, to drive a snow plow. :) I was handed a textual description of my route and told to get started. With my background (Computer Science degree), I realized that optimizing the route is a typical 'Traveling Salesman' problem. It is *extremely* difficult to solve. Before my retirement, one of the many things I would do is analyze software solutions for customers. I employed the same technique to find 'delivery route optimization' packages. I looked at many and found OptimoRoute to be 'best of class.' o I can easily import a set of 'orders' (stops in my case).
o I can pre-assign the 'orders' to drivers and do it quickly.
o Based on my knowledge of the route, I can fine-tune the optimized route.
o The Android is map-agonistic. It uses my device's default mapping tool. In my case, due to lack of coverage and no data, I use Google Maps in Offline mode.
o Once a route is created, I do not have to re-gen it, I can copy it from day to day. This way a driver can memorize the route.
o The Support staff will actually call you to help you out. I don't think this is sustainable though. ;) Yet, this is pretty amazing.
o The pricing is extremely reasonable for a small (or even large) business.
o They're smart to push the optimization (which is seriously CPU intensive) to a server. As an engineer, this is an at-scale solution.

Nachteile: With any complicated software, there will always be room for improvement: o The Online Help has some outdated examples, typos and is trailing the current feature-set. I don't think it's a big deal because they make it up with the stellar Support. But it will need to be addressed.
o The Android app should be enhanced so it can work in Nougat+ split-screen mode: Google Maps in one half of the screen / Android app in the other
o The text box when opening up a Support call does not resize - yeah, a minor issue but hey, if I'm picking on this minor issue, we know the software doesn't have major problems right???

von OptimoRoute an 15.3.2019

Hey Pablo! Love being your wingman! We so appreciate the feedback and we're super glad to hear your transition to professional snowplow driver that much easier!

Small company using sofware

Bewertet am 11.12.2018
James F.
Operations Manager
Chemikalien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: All in all it is a positive experience with Optimo Route. I know some of the options I would like to see could be accomplished through their web api, but we prefer out of the box solutions. If you are looking for a simple cost effective scheduling software this is a great start. I do change the route that is automatic many times and I am ok with that.

Vorteile: We signed up with Optimo Route early on when they came out, price point is good when you have a small fleet. We utilize it with a rotating of 2 drivers at a time with 7-12 stops each. I use it mainly for the fact that I can send the route to the guys via app & e-mail.
*Easy to set up
*Easy to use once you get the hang of it
*Great customer service on getting locations set up. We only use locations for our customers not customers. Most of our customers have a single location that we go to.
*Some customization via custom fields (We transport chemicals and I wanted a way to put down which chemicals we transport. While I don't have a great way to do this I did do a work around to get it to work.
*Mobile app for drivers
*Online only which is fine with me
*Live tracking of trucks - this feature works maybe 80% allot in my assumption has to do with network and users device quality. I use it to see how my guys are doing on their route and to get an idea when they will be back or if they are meeting someone else.

Nachteile: *Don't have a monthly calendar view or RSS feed - this is nearly a deal breaker for us. I would like to be able to share the schedule with my sales people via a calendar where they can view future deliveries.
*They have a Depot showing up but it is unusable in the scheduling. Working with OptimoRoute we did come up with a work around. Minor inconvenience.
*Routing doesn't allow you to take in account for Hazmat routes. (Not a deal breaker for us as my drivers know the routes and use it primarily for order of stops, and will drive the correct route if needing a hazmat route.
*No mobile website or app for schedulers, only use on a tablet or mobile phone if you want to lose your hair.

von OptimoRoute an 10.1.2019

Thanks James! It's great to hear what works and your wish list. If you have a moment, drop us a line at support@optimoroute.com and let us know what's missing from using Custom Fields for your Products.
Perhaps we can recommend something that would suit you better. What's more we have some new functionality with our Weekly (and Monthly) planning feature that might get you some of the visibility you were looking for. Happy to discuss.
Lastly, we expect that some upcoming improvements will make planning with a tablet a bit easier! Thanks again for being with us so long. Stay tuned...

OptimoRoute review - One year later

Jeff S.
Support Services Mgr
Hausmeisterservice, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The folks at Optimo are passionate about their product and it shows in their ability to effectively respond to our specific business needs. Up until now, we've never been able to find an off the shelf product capable of managing our specific logistic requirements and Optimo has done an outstanding job in tailoring OptimoRoute to meet every one of these requirements.

Vorteile: OptimoRoute has proven to be a very versatile platform for our logistics department. The software accommodates all of our time, date and licensing constraints which was critical for our business needs. In addition to effectively managing our constraints, Optimo also manages the large volume of orders/routes we process every month. Another feature we have found to be beneficial is Optimo's ease of use. The UI is very well thought out and users can begin creating routes with very little need for tutorials.

Nachteile: Nothing specific comes to mind although some enhancements to the multi-user functionality are something we are looking forward to and are forth coming.

von OptimoRoute an 20.3.2019

Awesome to hear, Jeff! User feedback helps us develop new and amazing features, and your feedback always helps tremendously.

Everything we needed, big time saver

Bewertet am 16.1.2019
Joe C.
Director Report Writing Services
Religiöse Einrichtungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I run a charity "Christmas Tree Pickup" each January. 800 pickups on three Saturdays, maximum of 6 trucks.
Previous method of routing involved home grown JavaScript utility to make the routes, imported into Delorme software to produce maps, directions, and then somewhat manual process to load custom points of interest into Garmins for the trucks.
Optimoroute let us load the stops into their web based application, route automatically across our number of trucks, including a return to depot so that the trucks could unload per every 28 trees. Routes sent to smart phone per truck worked great. The application saved me many hours of semi-automated route creation, map printing, and pickup sheet printing. Having navigation and an order list on smart phone per truck was excellent, as was the ability to track progress of trucks. We did not use the tracking feature where we would email customers. We already had an automated "put your tree out" and "thank you" build in our reservation database via an Active X control and some VBA programming in Access. A way to configure a pickup sheet out of the fields in the software, rather than exporting Excel sheet and then pruning and formatting would be nice. I will write a Crystal Report to reformat the spreadsheet data instead to save time.

Vorteile: Pre sales support, including an extended 1:1 demo/training was excellent. Speedy and intuitive web application, combined with nice phone application for drivers that provides them with an order list and navigation to each stop. Ability to add stops to routes in process and resent to the trucks is very nice. Real time tracking of progress of all trucks also very helpful.

Nachteile: It would be helpful if all the fields in the import spreadsheet flowed in and then back out in the "all data" export. I had to use two of five custom fields to get the street and number imported as separate fields so I could then create an "all stops" spreadsheet sorted by street. Otherwise you just have street and number as one field (that is what Optimoroute needs for locating) and that does not sort. Also

von OptimoRoute an 19.3.2019

Hey Joe! We love stories like yours. Wonderful to hear we saved you so much time for a good cause! We are working on customizable exports. Something to look forward to next holiday season.

For those who needs it, it definitely works

Bewertet am 21.12.2018
Jerry Z.
Groߟhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The software works, although it is quite expensive for small business like us, we really hope that there are pricing plan for small business like us who has lower volume shipment but needs multiple drivers.

Vorteile: Able to automatically route multiple drivers, persistent software updates, when it comes to questions, the support team does get back to us fairly quickly.

Nachteile: There are some small glitches, for example, our "depot" was always printed out as "New York, NY", although these can be fixed by contacting the support team, it was a bit annoying. But regarding the "Route Balancing" function, it is a weird one as sometime it works, and sometime it doesn't.

von OptimoRoute an 10.1.2019

Thanks Jerry, we value your comments! So glad we've helped your team be more efficient and you like our speedy support. Every day we're working to improve results and make usage more intuitive. Keep an eye out for further updates!

Optimoroute

Joseph P.
Field services manager
Rechtsberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Optimoroute performs the role of allocating 50-150 destinations for a driver in a day in a simple and easy way for the person allocating the route and then sending to the driver.

Vorteile: Program is direct and does not include unnecessary functions for our use. Able to calculate the route at a high speed.

Nachteile: Would love that when you send an email of the route to the driver it would attach a picture/graphic of the route that is to be driven. So they can refer back to the email just to see a snapshot of the following stops.

von OptimoRoute an 9.1.2019

Thanks, Joseph! Have you checked out our mobile app? It works similarly to email (though direct to the drivers phone) and gives them a complete map overview. At any point during their route, they can refer to that map to see what direction they are going, which orders are done, and which are left.

Great features compared to other routing software, but I don't use full functionality

Elaine P.
Routing Manager
Verbraucherdienste, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I really appreciate the ability to balance or not balance routes by volume or working time, as well as the ability to set a duration per stop. I also like the visual timeline representation per route and the ability to set a volume limit per truck. I do not use the gps tracking capability for drivers so I am not able to provide details about that functionality.

Nachteile: I do not like that you cannot customize the information needed when you export routes for printing in excel. I also have not found a way to add bulk information, such as Time Window, to all orders in a day. As far as I know, if you are importing information from a file (such as .csv) and that file does not have Time Window included, you have to go back and add that information per order. If OptimoRoute does have this option, it is not intuitive. Again, I have not used the gps functionality so I have no feedback for that aspect.

von OptimoRoute an 6.2.2019

Thanks for your feedback, Elaine! We wanted you to know that bulk editing time windows is now available! Check it out and tell us what you think.

The best route planning software I have ever used!

Glenn R.
Home Inspector
Immobilien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I am able to quickly and efficiently route dozens of work locations for the day. I can specify a time window for individual stops if I want to. I can start and stop at the same location, different locations, whatever I need to do. I spend far less time route planning now than before I used Optimoroute.

Vorteile: Learning curve is very short. I simply import my list of stops for the day and the software does the rest.

Nachteile: So far the only problems I have encountered were of my own making.

von OptimoRoute an 19.3.2019

This is great news Glenn! We hope less time working means more time playing!! :D

OptimoRoute has changed our business for the better!

Bewertet am 17.12.2018
Katie S.
Essen & Trinken, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Amazing

Vorteile: They are always willing to change up software when our business is in need of something.

Nachteile: For a while, we could not do straight line routes, but they fixed it!!

von OptimoRoute an 10.1.2019

Thanks Katie! We're all about bigger, better, faster, so it's great to hear we've helped you and your business with our improvements. Hooray!

OptimoRoute Review

Randy G.
Owner/ President
Erholungseinrichtungen & -dienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I thought I always did a decent job of keeping my routes in the same areas but didnt realize how much mileage I can save by having the software route the jobs.

Vorteile: Routing jobs makes us more efficient and saves us time and gas. The technical support has been the best especially during the initial setup.

Nachteile: We have a wide variety of jobs so it is hard to account for all the different jobs/times.

von OptimoRoute an 10.1.2019

Great to hear OptimoRoute has helped with efficiency improvements! We'd love to hear more about your vision for different display of jobs/times. Listening to our customers is how we continue to develop a tool that is relevant to them.
Feel free to email us at support@optimoroute.com

Optiimo

Wittney P.
Payroll Coordinator
Lagerung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: It allows us as a company to use it to delivery product around the metro area. It is easy to use and reliable

Nachteile: That I can not add stores without deleting all store and re adding them. I don't like that the store do not have access to track the truck or that we cant change the times without having to resend the route to the driver

von OptimoRoute an 19.3.2019

Hi Wittney. We're glad to hear that we have been such a reliable tool for your deliveries. Our new Customer notification feature now allows you to send an email to each store so they can track their deliveries, including real-time update ETA's. Contact us at support@optimoroute.com for help setting this up.

Excellent Software

Donald J.
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: OptimoRoute has significantly streamlined our pick up and delivery process. Making our drivers more efficient and productive. More than pays for itself

Vorteile: The flexibility and ease of use. Ability to adjust drivers schedules on the go, and update their iPads immediately.

Nachteile: Lack of integration, I wish it would directly integrate with third party apps within OptimoRoute App Store.

von OptimoRoute an 9.1.2019

Thanks for your feedback, Donald! We will be making integration easier in the coming months. What apps do you use? Please let us know at support@optimoroute.com so we can keep you in the loop.

Driver Tested, Company Approved

Bewertet am 18.3.2019
Frederick L.
Business Manager
Pharmazeutika, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: OptimoRoute has been a great addition to our courier program. Its' quick and simple to use. For a company that is brand new to in-house deliveries, OptimoRoute's fast and easy route planning has been an incredible tool.

Vorteile: The software does exactly what you expect it too. My company tested 4 route planning softwares before making a decision. OptimoRoute was hands down the favorite amongst our couriers.

Nachteile: There are some features that we wish the program had that are missing. We wish it had more flexibility in adjusting routes that are already planned. Totally understand the logic behind their system, but as a consumer we just wish we could manipulate things a little differently.

von OptimoRoute an 28.3.2019

Hi Frederick! Great to hear OptimoRoute helped you break into the in-house delivery market. We'll be working on making route manipulation easier in the future, to make for an all around simpler experience.

OptimoRoute allows you to start optimizing from day 1

Bewertet am 8.12.2018
Business Owner
Textilien, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have tried several others, but Optimo has the easiest UI and it is quick to customize for your data.

Vorteile: The software has consistently improved with beta tested results and excellent customer service.

Nachteile: Changing costs with preferred feature introductions.

von OptimoRoute an 10.1.2019

Great to hear! We always aim to provide features that better serve our customers, while still staying budget-friendly. Here's hoping your improved efficiencies and route management make the monthly price, for all your desired features, a drop in the proverbial bucket.

Optimoroute

Brandon A.
Restaurants, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall good experience. I think there are a lot of features that could be added and I know you all are working on them!

Vorteile: The ease of seeing routes. and adding/deleting.

Nachteile: The ability not to take a picture upon delivery through the app. Also how the note fields are not consistent. \ Sometimes the routes mess up when certain addresses are entered (the software will not choose the fastest route)

von OptimoRoute an 28.3.2019

Hey Brandon! You're definitely right, we are working on photo capture, and if I understand the notes issue correct, we corrected that inconsistency. Give it a try and let us know what you think!

Very easy to use

Bewertet am 19.3.2019
Josh G.
Salea
Lebensmittelproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall very good app.

Vorteile: I like the simplicity. Very easy to train new employees to use the app.

Nachteile: I wish the driver didnt need to turn service on and off when running the route. I wish he could just press next

von OptimoRoute an 28.3.2019

Thanks, Josh! So glad you like it. We hope to offer some customizations to the mobile app flow in the future. Stay tuned!

does the job but could be a lot better

COO
Lebensmittelproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Customer service is very good and fairly responsive, but the product itself is unimpressive.

Vorteile: It's the best we could find, and it does the job well enough.

Nachteile: There are a number of improvements that could be made to this software, too numerous to recount here. And while the entire industry suffers from this, the fact that it's not married to live traffic data makes the software basically useless in terms of tracking driver effectiveness. Essentially this software is slightly better than just doing it through a spreadsheet.

von OptimoRoute an 10.4.2019

Companies see huge improvements over manual planning with our software. If you haven't seen similar gains, perhaps we can suggest a workflow which will get you great results automatically. What's different about OptimoRoute is we have many features like overnight, weekly and multi-day long haul planning, and many other features that other programs don't have.
If you want to know more, please contact us at support@optimoroute.com.

OptimoRoute: Star choice for route software

Bewertet am 11.12.2018
Richard B.
Bau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This software has made our routes at least twice as efficient as manual routing, and so much faster. It has made on the route changes quick and easy. Overall it was some of the best software I've used for routing.

Vorteile: I liked it's flexible price structure, and it's speed of calculating routes. It's a fraction of the time it took for other options.

Nachteile: Hard to say, but if I had to choose, it would be it's inability to make custom excel templates for printing. My drivers don't use the app, so I need to spend alot of time nightly formatting.

von OptimoRoute an 9.1.2019

Thanks for your feedback, Richard. We are always looking to improve the ease of use of the software, and customizable exports are coming soon.

1st year user

Michael S.
Bau, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It works in Lawn Care!

Vorteile: Ease of use, No online down time, Great routing.

Nachteile: Two step process when setting up a new address.

von OptimoRoute an 14.1.2019

This is great, Michael! We are glad we can make it easy for you to plan the day for your drivers.

Good product, just a couple requests

Marisa P.
Lebensmittelproduktion, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I think its very user friendly. I think customer service is good but I wish they were easier to contact.

Vorteile: I like the ease of planning the routes and adding drivers.

Nachteile: I wish it could be easily integrated into our website.

von OptimoRoute an 28.3.2019

Hi Marisa, we're going to be working on plugins to allow for easy integration with some of the most used e-commerce programs. Please let us know at support@optimoroute.com which one you use. We'll contact you when the plugins are developed.

Optimo Pros and Cons

Bewertet am 11.3.2019
Sarah G.
VegBox Logistics Coordinator
Landwirtschaft, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Great customer service and very supportive our of not-for-profit status.

Vorteile: - flexibility re drivers and vehicles.
- quick optimization

Nachteile: - it's taken me a while to get my head around the process. It would be good to have access to FAQs or a guide of some kind.

von OptimoRoute an 19.3.2019

Hi Sarah! We're so happy OptimoRoute has been able to help Sutton Farm for so many years now. I know we are working on building up our FAQ and tutorials to provide more resources for people learning about our many features and functions. I hope this comes in handy in the future.

OptimoRoute Review

Samantha C.
Customer Service Manager
Computer-Hardware, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: able to keep track of my drivers

Vorteile: I can create three different routes for one day

Nachteile: auto defaults addresses when company has multiple locations under same name.

von OptimoRoute an 10.1.2019

Thanks, Samantha! It's true a strong suit of the software is routing for all drivers at once.
As for duplicate names for multiple locations, we recommend adding something to the location name to make it specific to the location (Smith's West, Smith's East, for example).
If you'd like help with this, please contact us at support@optimoroute.com.

Boyd on a Wire

Bewertet am 19.3.2019
Rudy P.
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It was excellent! It really allowed us to optimize our field techs and create very efficient routes for them.

Vorteile: Intuitive nature and ease of navigation. It made scheduling easy for my schedulers and the ability to update drivers and change routes was very smooth!

Nachteile: Having all routes deleted when updating one driver. This was overcome during the time frame we were using it.

von OptimoRoute an 28.3.2019

Hey Rudy! Glad you overcame that initial hiccup to get awesome results.

Friendly and intuitive system

Bewertet am 14.12.2018
Corrinne C.
COO
Essen & Trinken, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Simple to use and successful

Vorteile: I learnt how to use the system on Sunday and trained the rest of the team on Monday! Simple, logical and easy to use!

Nachteile: We only make deliveries between 4.30 and 7.30pm so feel a little penalised by the pricing structure which assumes all day deliveries etc.

von OptimoRoute an 14.1.2019

Thanks, Corrinne! We have put a lot of effort into OptimoRoute¿s ease of use, and we love it when customers save time and hassle because of it.