Deutschland Lokales Produkt

Über Nextcloud

Web-basiertes System, das den Zugriff auf gemeinsame Dateien, Kalender, Kontakte, Emails und mehr von jedem Gerät ermöglicht.

Erfahre mehr über Nextcloud

Produktbewertung

Produktbewertung

Nutzung

Haben Sie Nextcloud bereits verwendet?

Teile deine Erfahrungen mit anderen Softwarekäufern.

Thomas A.
IT-Administrator in Österreich
Einzelhandel, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Super Cloud

Nextcloud Talk und das Teilen von Dokumenten

Keine On Demand Speicherung wie bei MS Onedrive (d.h. es müssen immer alle Dateien am PC gespeichert sein)

Sam T.
Sam T.
Chief Executive Officer in Deutschland

The all-in-one platform for business applications

Its easy to use, stable and dependable, extremely customisable, and works across all mobile and desktop operating systems. Perhaps most importantly, through the built in app store, it serves as a platform for many other key business applications which we need, such as collaborative document editing, calendar and contact sync and share, internal knowledge base (wiki), and more.

It could be easier to get set up. The video conferencing features so far didn't work reliably on our installation.

Oliver P.
Consultant & Blogger in Deutschland
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

The Number One-Solution for your personal and private cloud!

Kommentare: It has been a great journey from the very beginning to the current Nextcloud Hub 22. The solution worked out of the box and can be extended with many stable plugins so that there is anything you can dream of which can be implemented - even with writing an app on your own while the number of apps increased week by week!

Nextcloud appeared from the vast ruins of ownCloud which I always liked, but always hassled with once there was an update. It was vital from the very beginning, it was more open, it was more stable - and everything you needed to get if up and running worked like a charm straight from the scratch. With each version there was not only an evolution, but a refinement of features, an open conversation with the community (something ownCloud really lacked of) and a visible progress. Besides, working and using Nextcloud is just wonderful.

Nothing that would be worth mentioning - indeed there are no negative aspects regarding my use case and the use case of my customers. It would be nice to get a fully-featured IMAP-server integrated in Nextcloud, but this is a luxury issue. Besides, the company should take its time to grow and to keep the platform stable and maybe there will once be a Nextcloud-Talk app for macOS and Windows?

Vitalii L.
Software Developer in Deutschland
Finanzdienstleistungen, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Pure UX (user experience)

Kommentare: As mentioned in the last point above:
3. UI is poorly integrated with the OS. It is usable, but it can be better. Compare scrolling in browser and scrolling in a list there. You will see the difference.
4. android upload/share is not reliable. User experience in the android app leaves much to be desired. For example on fairly modern phone and on wifi connection, the UI hangs on every screen for some time (sometimes fractions of seconds, but sometimes for multiple seconds). This is unacceptable. If I want to show my friends a funny picture that fits into conversation and can not open it very fast. It is a frustrating experience.
4.1. What is more important is that the file sync function works reliably. And that is not a case, at least not in the android app. When my wife selects some photos or videos that she wants to move to nextcloud folder and only a subset of it actually gets moved. What can I say, please check which of 100 photos were uploaded and retry those that were not uploaded. First, have fun finding them. Second, watch that it works this time, or you have to repeat. What do you think she tells me? Oh, I like how this peace of software works. Definitely not. And that's frustrating to me because I setup and maintain the nextcloud instance.

That it exists! And it is on the market for a while now. Free, and more importantly self-hosted, alternative to Dropbox. I know it is more than dropbox, but more on that later.

Initially it was a software to share files between different computers and possibly with other people. Managing files is nextcloud's core competence. And even after years using it, it is sad to see that it doesn't always work reliably! I can tell couple of examples from experiences. 1. constant conflicts. I use a diary software to keep notes and often get conflicts when doing notes. Luckily it is in plain text so I can resolve conflicts, in contrast to binary files where it is mostly not trivial at all. While keeping doing notes it is tiresome and tedious to being obligated to solve these conflicts although it is just an ongoing stream of changes. 2. Activity view is not usable. It is just frustrating to not being able to see and find the information you need. Sometimes it is just a list of files that are being ignored on top of the list. I don't care about the files that are ignored all the time. A dropdown menu can be provided to select the files I want to see. Filter the conflicts or ignored files or whatever else is there. 2.1. File(s) that are being synced right now, where are they? If it's a big iso image being synced now and if I interrupt have to start over. The main tab with folders gives me only numbers like "syncing file 5 out of 72". 2.2. In the same Activity tab so much space is wasted. You could move this date of sync to the right on the same line if it fits, and only if it doesn't fit into one line move it to the next. Ok, this box is limited to 1500 symbol

Adrian W.
Adrian W.
Owner in UK
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Why not

Kommentare: I love it

I've been using Nextcloud since v11-12, but before that had been using ownCloud since v5. It's a brilliant way of sharing files across multiple devices and sharing files with others. I was looking for my own version of Dropbox and Nextcloud fits the bill, and some. Some of the more recent Apps really could make this a complete solution, with the Collarora/Onlyoffice integration, Decks, Circles, Passwords, Email, Talk, etc. And it's open source. Like I said at the start, why not?

I'm not a fan of the new forum/support platform but am struggling to find something I least like about the software

Mathieu H.
CTO in Frankreich
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

An full stack solution for enterprise

Kommentare: I have been using nextcloud for more than five years now, and it has only got better on every release.

Nextcloud regroups a file sharing, messaging and organization solution in one. It can be completed by many plugging like encryption, antivirus for files, nextcloud Talk, or even collabora and other for file editing.

Sometimes, I observe some bugs in the mobile app, where my photos don't get uploaded.

Wilco V.
Wilco V.
Webprogrammeur in Niederlande

Great self hosted cloud solution

Kommentare: It's a great piece of open source software with a ton of functionality. It is a great alternative to platforms like Google Drive or OneDrive.

NextCloud is very easy to set up and allows a great amount of customization. There are a ton of apps available to add to your configuration so you can set it up just the way that works for you. You can integrate Nextcloud login with your own website using OAuth. The customization is almost endless so you can set it up just how you like it.

The pricing can become complicated and quite expensive when using Nextcloud with some paid apps. Other than that I can't really complain about the functionality of the software, it has everything it should have.

Tyler V.
Tyler V.
Website Developer in USA
Programmentwicklung, Selbstständig

Win for open-source over paid alternatives.

Zero up-front investment cost. Greater documentation.

Not all extensions worked properly and even some featured ones had issues. Some ideas seem half-baked still and need time to mature and become mainstream if that is even the focus.

Antwort von Nextcloud

We appreciate your feedback a lot!

Miłosz R.
Miłosz R.
Junior Frontend Developer in Polen
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Best open source software I ever worked with

Kommentare: Nextcloud allowed us to replace many other services from different providers, now we have almost everything in one place.

- simple to setup, configure, update and use - customizable - many apps and themes available - well documented - possible to connect with other services

- many features you expect to work by default are only available after installing 3rd party extensions - encryption can be difficult to setup - some features can be configured only from command line

Kevin F.
Kevin F.
Chief Software Architect / CEO in Kanada
Onlinemedien, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Great stack!

Kommentare: Great product that's useful to more than just business clients.

Clean and consistent interface with good integration due to lots of third party addons.

The installation process is disconnected between the CLI, and the "autoconfig.php", the supported features in the latter are far more capable despite the development focus on the former.

Antwort von Nextcloud

Thank you for your review! :)

Steven P.
Developer in Südafrika
Informationsdienst, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Nextcloud is Excellent

5 vor 4 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: I really love this product. Its easier to use than other products.

Easy setup and ease of use. Setup on my own server. Love the desktop client and it does not take a lot of resources.

Mobile features are not too great. But good enough to use daily.

Henk B.
Henk B.
sr. Information Analyst in Niederlande

Most comprehensive cloud software

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: I have to say, where Microsoft tries hard with their one-drive and SharePoint, Nextcloud outperforms them completely, that is, if you want to switch to LibreOffice for your documents ;-). Since I installed Nextcloud on my own Apache server I have been working with it daily without any interruption. Updates are installed on the fly (as an administrator I've to push the button occasionally) without any downtime for other users.

What I like the most is that I don't have to use an external cloud share. I can share project data securely without the fear that I don't know how /if cloud providers can/will access my data!

What I like the most is the complete integration of Nextcloud with other devices like mobile telephone and all OS-platforms. For an administrator Nextcloud provides a 'one button' check on all security aspects of your server. Next to that, Nextcloud provides very good documentation on to how to harden your server. Updates are very easy with the GUI, I had not one single issue since I use Nextcloud (approx 1 year). Occasionally you must complete some actions by the command line (the occ program) but that is also very well documented. The Nextcloud client both on Linux (Kubuntu) and Windows 10 works like a charm. On my Android phone I don't need google stuff, photos and contacts are directly synced with my Nextcloud. Due to the integrated e-mail client, separately to be activated, I don't need to run a web client on my server anymore (Roundcube), it saves administration work. It is very easy to set up a project environment to share with external users. I like the integration of draw.io, within the project, all project members can use draw.io from the browser for our project. Nextcloud is very precise on updates. This means that if you use the stable channel, as I do, you get only a new major version after a few .x releases of a new major release as to be sure that it is really stable. What can I write more, there are numerous applications that can be activated like Talk (video conferencing), calendar, activities on your drives and so on.

Hardening my Apache server was a bit difficult, although Nextcloud provides also quite good documentation for that issue.

David M.
Technical Director in Australien

Your own private cloud

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: File upload/download is a strength. I use Nextcloud with Raidrive to permit easy access to files from my laptop when working from a remote location. The auditing features are very useful to see when shared links have been used. We have deployed with back end storage through to Windows servers and access is controlled via Active Directory groups.

Installation and deployment of Nextcloud is straight forward and logical. If you've ever installed any other web based application under Linux, you'll feel right at home. Integration with Active Directory via LDAP was very easy. The system status page advises if any post-remediation work is required after upgrades. Multiple web server options are supported, such as Apache or nginx. There is a plethora of add-on apps. File sharing the is major strength in this product, although it extends to in-browser document editing as well via Collabora or Only Office. I regularly use Nextcloud for both file download and upload to transfer files with external parties. Draw.IO is one of my favourite apps for network and diagram design. Shared file links have an automatic date expiry option which I find very useful.

If you wish to stay cutting edge and on the latest version, you may find that some of your favourite apps are a bit slow to keep up with the latest release. This is not an issue if you prefer to stay on a more stable build which will give the external parties time to catch up.

André S.
Electric Engineer in Brasilien
Elektrische/elektronische Fertigung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Nextcloud - A Secure and Powerful file and team software

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Nextcloud made managing users and shared projects and deadlines very easy with its calendar and its real time collaborative document editing feature, making it a necessity on my daily use.

The biggest use case for Nextcloud is the file server itself. Admins can create users for the employees or setup registration with plugins and define how much storage and access each user has, how they communicate with others on the network with the Talk app plugin and integrate all of Nextcloud's features together with projects, which are similar to workspaces with a dedicated chat with voice and video calling, a project file space with realtime document editing (similat do Google Docs) and calendar integration all in one place. All of these features are free and can customized for your own personal use case and it is very high quality.

Setup can be quite difficult for someone with no experience on setting up Virtual Private Servers (VPS's) and with custom domain management, as it requires the Admins to create their own server and configure it with a GUI (in respect to configuring users and projects) and within the terminal for the VPS and domain provider (for a custom domain and SSL encryption, which is required for audio and video calling).

Fabian K.
Fabian K.
Editor in Deutschland
Medienproduktion, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Best free Google / Dropbox / Onedrive alternative

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: It's a reliable Cloud solution, also for files, calendar and contacts. It comes as free software and you can extend it to your liking. There are no forced upgrades or changes. If used internally once Set up Nextcloud can run for decades.

The Software is easy to set up, transparent and easy to extend with a multitude of features.

If you want to host Nextcloud yourself you need your own hardware and some sysadmin skills. Or you just spend some time googleing the error messages. There is a lot of support for Nextcloud on the internet.

Richard G.
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

My Client Project Portal

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Nextcloud has exceed my expectations. The breadth of apps alone, all well integrated with one another, make it a must-have. But looking under the hood reveals a well-documented set of APIs, all consistently designed and many based on open standards. This is opening up new doors for us, making front-ends that integrate with other services, and using Nextcloud as the backend foundation for user management and more. All this is characteristic of my ever-deeper relationship with Nextcloud: it's great out of the box, nicely tailorable, and deeply modifiable.

I was initially impressed with how Nextcloud keeps all of my computers synced with far fewer conflict files than anything else I'd used. But the apps - oh the apps! Now I've come to rely on Nextcloud as the hub for managing my client projects. We can share and sync work files easily, but Dash, Calendar, and other tools installed with it makes a a must-have for small development shops like mine. And bonus points that I can tailor the branding with my company logo. Clients love it, I love it, and my colleagues are getting use to hearing me rave about it.

I hope to be able to find more US-based companies offering VPS hosting with Nextcloud preinstalled. There seem to be plenty in Europe, and if we can get more in the US I have some clients who would appreciate a turnkey, managed service.

Stefan H.
Systemadministrator in Deutschland
Öl & Energie, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Great software and even better customer support

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: It was super easy to build up a test environment (VM image, Docker, ...)
Even with other apps like Onlyoffice for collaboration it worked all well. No costs, everything on our site.
Then it became bigger and bigger and we purchased the subscription to get support and a professional setup. Now we cannot afford an outage of the service, as the whole company uses the different features of the software.

Nextcloud has the best customer support I have ever seen. Every ticket gets solved quickly and with a lot of additional information from the developer. They are super precise, no questions gets lost. Essentially you are talking directly to the developer of the code. It is really the best support experience I had so long. I also want to mention the Talk feature for video conferencing. It works quite good and with no privacy concerns. It is the one feature every employee needs, now during corona crisis.

For regular users, that have never used a software to share files, the process of sharing can be complicated because of the many posibilities. Nextcloud could make thist process a bit easier.

Joshua C.

Best in-house Cloud that money can (or cannot) buy

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: As stated previously, my intent when switching to Nextcloud was to keep all control of my data in-house so I know wherey data is stored, who can or is accessing it, how secured it is being stored and handled, and the ability to ensure proper updates are being applied on a regular basis. I have used Nextcloud in various environments from Cloud hosted VPS, to physical on-prem server, and currently in an on-prem VMWare ESXi server. Migration my instance has always been super easy. Migration is nothing more than setting up a new instance and then copying the data, database, and configuration file.

I've been using Nextcloud for well over two years just for personal files. I began using Nextcloud as an alternative to the other big guys in the game (you know who I am talking about) mainly because I prefer to keep as much control over my data as possible and having it stored in-house (literally) is important to me. Nextcloud is very flexible and offers many great features, some of which are built-in and some added by simply installing "apps" from the Nextcloud market (all free). These include security, collaboration, education, and functionality related features. Nextcloud can be integrated with just about anything. It is very simple to configure. You just need a webserver (Apache or Nginx) with PHP and a database server to get Nextcloud up an running. With proper knowledge of these technologies, you can have a basic instance up and running in no time. In addition to the convenient and very pleasant web UI, there are also official client apps available for Windows and MacOS as well as mobile apps for iOS and Android. My overall favorite thing is that Nextcloud is completely FREE! Of course, if you want support behind the software, they do have an Enterprise license available. The only costs are the actual hardware/storage requirements. Lastly, I appreciate the hard work that obviously goes into developing Nextcloud and the associated apps. I see regular updates for both the server and client apps which include bug fixes and security patches on a very regular basis.

I honestly have no cons to list here. All aspects of Nextcloud have been perfect.

Eric M.
Eric M.
CEO in USA

Nextcloud is the BEST cloud

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Nextcloud was easy to find and download, easy to install and get running, and super easy to use. I love having all of my groupware (web meetings, contacts, calendars, and email client) all in one place.

I've been eyeing Nextcloud for a few years now. Until recently, I would have said that Owncloud is more stable and has better features. But that's all changed... big time! I recently installed Nextcloud to re-evaluate it and it's gotten better... a LOT better... even better than Owncloud. For one thing, right out of the box, Nextcloud includes groupware features like an browser-based email client, shared calendars, and shared contacts. But one plugin stands out - the web-meeting / screen-share plugin! And it's nice! Besides having better features, I like the community better. While Owncloud is open source and free, many of the plugins are not and the community has gotten more commercially oriented as a result. The Nextcloud community is more helpful and user based.

Wishes: * I wish Nextcloud was themeable. As far as I know, none of the groupware products out there are but that would be a very nice feature. * I wish Nexcloud had better documentation for replacing Owncloud while preserving user accounts.

Todd R.
Todd R.
Rechtsberatung, Selbstständig

Great solution for small business

5 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: Nextcloud has helped me consolidate my work into a lot fewer online resources. The Hub has really reduced the need to log into multiple services at the beginning of the work. So wonderful a resource.

I chose the VPS version of Nextcloud through a hosting partner and found that I have access to almost every service I need except bookkeeping. The hosted service costs me less than $10 a month and has allowed me to replace my subscriptions to GSuite and MS Office 365, saving me hundreds of dollars per year. I love that an online office suite, a to-do function, calendar and e-mail all come as part of the Nextcloud Hub. Not to mention Nextcloud Talk, a great Zoom replacement. It is unbelievably convenient to work through a single interface for almost all of my needs - and all with enhanced security. Don't need to worry anymore about Google or Microsoft having access to my business and client files.

I think this would be very difficult for someone like me (not a techie) to set up on his own. I thought about trying to run my own server in my office, but way too hard for me. So glad they have partners who help get you set up.

Hagen E.
- in Norwegen
Museen & Institutionen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

A great piece of software for small businesses and associations

4 letztes Jahr

Nextcloud really becomes a grown-up alternative to Dropbox and a lot of Google Services. From private, single-user use to our deployment in an association with >50 users, the functionality covers most of the usual functionality like file sharing, sharing calendars and contacts and especially collaborating on writing documents with different Office-Plugins. The builtin Talk app might be a well-integrated alternative to Slack and, up to 3-4 users, also for Zoom. The fact that Nextcloud is open-source makes it a very budget-friendly choice (we rum it for <10€/month), as long as you have someone setting it up and administrating it, which does not take a lot of time, since kyrofa from nextcloud-snap does a great job in assuring automatic updates and upgrades and in QA. Also, the diverse App-Ecosystem is very great. I would say that, combined with a separate mail server (the built-in Mail App is not that great anyway), you will be able to replace most of the standard software in your small business.

Nextcloud is often kind of unstable and slow. Follow the issues in nextcloud-snap and you will notice that development velocity seems to have priority over a thorough testing. That's not too bad since previous versions of Nextcloud are supported for a while, but just because they push a X.0.1 version, that doesn't mean that the upgrade will run smooth and the new major version runs stable. This is somewhat disappointing, maybe including all official app developers and kyrofa better in the release and QA process would make a difference. Also, the Talk video feature is mostly unusable for >5 people since it's a n:n connection. The high-performance-backend was open sourced recently and might solve the problem.

Pelle H.
IT manager in Schweden
Staatsverwaltung, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Nextcloud ås filé server, and more

4 letztes Jahr

Kommentare: What we used Nextcloud for is as a file server, server for sharing files with internal and external users, functions such as Deck, Flow, simultaneous editing of MS Office files with Onlyoffice and MS Office online. I have also recently started Talk with the signal server to be able to use as a chat and video solution.

Some of the things I like most are the ease of installing and configuring, the ease of managing and sharing files, the wide range of apps, the ability to integrate with other systems, the ability to change the code to suit us and the rapid pace of development.

I lack the support of virtual files in the sync client. To my knowledge, there is no info on what the bottleneck in the system is. It would have been good if there was a tool that could give an indication of choices in the system that are slow. Now I have tested myself to see which software or hardware has been too slow.

Daniel H.
Photographer, Photography Trainer in Deutschland
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Best free cloud option that I could find

Kommentare: As a photographer, I use Nextcloud to share photos and entire works with clients, models etc. and in general to share information with people I work with. Also, I use it for sharing private stuff with my family and friends. It works, without much maintenance. From time to time I need to update it, but that's it. I never had any issues with being hacked or with updates breaking functionality.

Relatively easy to set up, very flexible and versatile, via apps more functionality can be added. File sharing works very reliably, and the automatic file versioning in Nextcloud has saved me various times when I accidentally made a wrong change to a file or deleted it by accident.

The interface is sometimes not very intuitive and needs more clicks than necessary. Also, if you are not a PHP / web server expert, some optimizations that Nextcloud suggests are cryptic to the user (admin). That's a bit sad, as I think it could be made easier for the admin, if Nextcloud would analyse its server surrounding a bit more deeply and give more concrete hints to the admin. But - I am not a PHP expert, so I could be wrong. Also, one "bad behavior" of the Nextcloud sync clients is that in case of a file conflict, the server-side file is downloaded and the local file is renamed to "...conflict...". This can cause data loss in case the local file is a database file (e.g. sqlite) and currently opened and in use. I opened a ticket, but it was closed by the developers with the argument that other sync solutions do it similarly and that changing this behavior would cause other difficulties.

Niket C.
Director in Indien
Konsumgüter, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Taking back Control of our Data.

Kommentare: We were looking to get control over how we shared, stored and backed up our data. We are a small enterprise which needs every penny to make a bang, Nextcloud gives you more than that bang. Super efficient user interface and easy installation make it a perfect replacement for other commercial competitors. Extremely satisfied with Nextcloud.

Absolutely everything about Nextcloud is extremely well thought of and can cater to needs of small as well as large companies which need complete control over their data for all the various reasons concerning data privacy and data storage. Nextcloud gives you unparalleled control over everything that you need to do with your data. Nextcloud is a dream come true.

Nothing. What can be bad when you are in complete control over your own data.

Steven I.
None in USA
Internet, Selbstständig

Great file sync and share offering

Kommentare: Nextcloud is awesome because it allows me to backup personal and financial information on my own storage system so that I am in control of the data. It also makes it easy to share that data between computers and users.

The software is easy to setup and keep up to date. It notifies you when new version are available and makes it easy to quickly install the updates. Creating user accounts is simple and allows different users to store their data on Nextcloud. Sharing between users is quick and painless and makes it easy for information to be made available to the people who need it.

Updating user clients can be a challenge some times but eventually I have been able to get them to work.

Antwort von Nextcloud

We're happy to read such reviews! Thank you a lot for your feedback!