Indeed will take care of you!

Bewertet am 1.10.2019
Michelle A.
Waitress
Essen & Trinken, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has been amazing. When I decided that it was time to look for a job with more hours, Indeed was the only obvious choice. With the amount of new listings everyday, anyone looking for a job with realistic expectations should be able to find what they need using Indeed. I highly recommend!

Vorteile: I find Indeed to be just about the best place to go when it comes to searching for new job opportunities. It always has the latest listings with a very easy to navigate user interface. Personally, I have received three job offers from interviews that I was able to secure using Indeed. I love that you can save the posts to easily go back to them later. I also frequently use the filter setting which makes it simple to narrow down the exact location and specific job type I am looking for.

Nachteile: Honestly, I have had no issues with Indeed. I have heard, however, that anyone can post a listing for any job, whether or not it is actually accurate. Due to the overwhelming amount of scam artists in the world today, I have made sure to keep a look out for this exact scenario. Personally, I have yet to come across it on Indeed. I have seen it many times on Craigslist though! Indeed is far superior to Craigslist!

Whether finding candidates or job opportunities, this is the place.

Bewertet am 3.10.2019
Controller
Immobilien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've used Indeed to post jobs and to find jobs. It's been successful for both, is easy to use, and makes posting and applying convenient and less time consuming.

Vorteile: For most employers, Indeed is the fist place a job opportunity gets posted. It's free and very widely used. So, whether you're searching for a job or for candidates, this is the one place where everyone comes together to make the most comprehensive list of both candidates and job postings. The free platform is great, but there are paid services with prices to fit even the smallest budget.

Nachteile: I'm scratching my head on this one. With all its free features, there really isn't a reason not to use Indeed. I think the appearance could be improved by changing the font and font sizes to be more modern and consistently sized. Company reviews would be more meaningful if they could be segregated into locations or divisions of a company. For example, if I'm applying for a job in accounting or posting an opening for the CFO position, and all the reviews are from warehouse employees complaining about heat and excess overtime, the company's review score isn't very meaningful. Or, if I'm applying for a job in New York, and the reviews are all from employees in California, that isn't meaningful. I have to search through individual reviews to find those that are relevant to me.

Quality Hands-On Recruiting Tool

Bewertet am 3.8.2019
Andrew K.
Chief Operating Officer
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: If your company does not have a lot of job openings on a regular basis, Indeed can be a very cost effective recruiting tool in lieu of hiring a full time staff member. The more time and money you are willing to invest in the application, the more beneficial it can be for your recruiting efforts. It is definitely a solid platform for reaching a larger pool of applicants for your position opening.

Vorteile: When posting job openings, Indeed allows you to be very specific about your minimum criteria for the position. It then gives you a breakdown of how each candidate matches against the criteria, which can save you some time sorting through various resumes. Indeed also allows you to be very specific about your monthly spend, which is important as you are charged a base fee for each candidate who applies for the position. One you reach your maximum spend for the month, Indeed automatically pauses your posting so that you do not go over budget. Its email and scheduling capabilities make it easy to set up interviews with candidates you feel are qualified for your open position.

Nachteile: Indeed has a large variety of options and filters available when posting a new position, which means you will probably spend a lot of time both setting up and maintaining your job posting. If you choose not to thoroughly set up your posting, you will receive a lot of applicants who are not specifically qualified for your open position, which means additional time sorting through resumes and communicating with applicants. While many of the process are automated, Indeed still requires someone to invest a significant amount sorting through resumes and cover letters.

Best of talent acquisition programs

Bewertet am 31.7.2019
occupational therapy
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used Indeed both as a job seeker as well as a person looking for talent to add to a team. I find that even with the tiny issues, it is a fantastic first stop for reaching out for most mid-level and entry level positions, technical programs, and service/retail jobs. The ability to mark corporations that peak an individual's interest for the future coupled with the conversation ability with the hiring team makes this the most obvious source for acquiring new employees or locating a new job.

Vorteile: This software has become the norm for most people in the vast majority of professional and technical fields, but also has branched out to the retail and service sectors. The ease of use for the person seeking employment and the ability of hiring personnel to navigate to those people who fit criteria for their openings is second to none. Indeed allows people who are unfamiliar with constructing a resume to create a basic format and also allows those with existing CV/resumes to upload them along with cover letters. Once uploaded, they can quickly be altered as time changes the information. Many companies allow a direct application via that uploaded information and the remaining companies direct the potential job candidate to the application on the website for the corporation. Indeed also allows individuals who are talent acquisition specialists to send messages to people who are on indeed to determine if a possible interest in a position might be possible.

Nachteile: Talent acquisition individuals can sometimes not recognize that they have already been directed to an individual and repeat an invitation to apply for a specific position. The only other issue I have found is that people without a resume who use the Indeed builder do not always recognize the need to update their information because they are not prompted.

Indeed, the main candidate source

Bewertet am 18.7.2019
German H.
Branch Manager
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been using indeed to gather candidates for the past 3+ years and we have had amazing results, we have experienced immense growth using the tools the indeed provides and have been able to painting our growth for the past 3 years.

Vorteile: The amount of prospective candidate is higher than any other source, and the response time for posted ads is immediate.
Candidates are aligned to the requirement of the postings, and are actively looking for jobs, and updating their information often.

Nachteile: I don't see many cons, the only one I could mention is the steep price, it is way higher than any other provider, but it also provides the best results.

Have used and referred others to this app/site since 2012, best job search app by far.

Bewertet am 19.6.2019
Daniel R.
Self Employed
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Kommentare: At the moment, none. I used Indeed briefly when I was managing a data collection call center but other than creating the initial posting I left most of this work to the HR department. We posted the exact same job description on Craigslist as well and I anylized the productivity numbers of the employees we found through Craigslist and Indeed and the employees we found from Indeed had a much higher retention rate and on average outperformed the employees hired from Craigslist to an extent that justified the cost of continuing to use Indeed, which was quite low to begin with, but when you are already dealing with a high volume/low margin type of business every dollar counts. (Note: I did not "switch" from another product, but I have used many of Indeed's competitors and Indeed is the only one that I have recommended because it is miles ahead of the competitors)

Vorteile: I really like the ability to easily customize what you are searching for as far as employment opportunities go. Prior to starting my own e-commerce business/after my enlistment in the military I have used Indeed to find 3/5 of the jobs I've had during that period. The algorithms do an excellent job of providing relevant job opportunities based on data provided through the website and what I assume is data collected on users via Google. The email recommendations are honest as well, using the data to quickly give those searching for jobs the ability to see how well any particular posting matches what they are looking for and updates very well over time (e.g. 3 years ago it recommended mid-level management positions for companies specializing in data collection, sales, and customer service - Now it recommends contractual/work from home/marketing management positions despite me not having given them any additional indications of life changes), this is the primary reason I will never unsubscribe from Indeed's email subscription. The ability to apply quickly when you are searching via a mobile device without having to copy your entire resume on an external website and ai filtering of potential employees for the employer are beneficial on both ends, saving time for both parties making the service desirable for both parties that are needed to maintain continued success in this industry.

Nachteile: Unfortunately, although out of your control, it would be much more convenient if every job posting allowed for the quick apply feature, as mobile internet use is increasing year by year while desktop use is on a similar decline. It would also be nice if there were more options to customize the recommendations you receive. Although as I mentioned the Algorithms do a great job, it would be nice if I could input very specific criteria of job recommendations that are more applicable to those searching for contracted work. For example, I am looking for small to mid size businesses in a specific radius with a population around 600,000 who are looking to optimize their online marketing budget and/or altogether create an e-commerce/online marketing revenue stream. There may be ways to do this that I am unaware of, but if that's the case it should be easier to locate the page within the domain or application to set something like this up.

One of the Best Job Search Services Available

Bewertet am 16.8.2019
William S.
Career Advisor
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: In a word, Exceptional! Easy to use and effective. Nothing more to say.

Vorteile: Indeed is one of the leading job search and career advancement tools available. The web site is well organized and easy to navigate. You can search for jobs based on the title or description and narrow the search to specific geography. Once the job lists come up, you can extend the search to related positions using the titles in the jobs which are presented. Applying to jobs listed on Indeed is easy because links are provided with each job post which enables you to apply directly via Indeed, or direct you to the employer's careers page on their website. In addition to job postings, Indeed has a large portfolio of career-related resources which help you to prepare for and execute your job search. There are helpful articles about resumes, cover letters, interviewing and other job search topics. Another key element of the service Indeed provides is for employers. Indeed makes it easy to post an open position and provides employers with guidance on how to create effective job postings. The information employers receive about online applicants enables employers to quickly screen candidates and narrow their search to the best qualified. Our organization has used Indeed on many occasions and defer to it for our hiring and recruitment requirements.

Nachteile: I can't think of anything I don't like about Indeed.

Very Helpful Tool

Bewertet am 3.5.2019
Alicia G.
Service Mgr
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It was okay, I am happy with the end result, it was the process of getting there that could have been simplified.

Vorteile: What I liked most about this was that I could send questions to the applicant and if they could not answer those questions, then they would not be considered as an applicant. For the role we were hiring for, it was imperative that each candidate met that criteria, we did not want to waste our time or theirs skimming through all those pointless applications. If you dont meet our needs, you are not considered.

Nachteile: The only thing I did not like and it was actually a BIG DISLIKE is that I was only able to send just one aptitude test - just one!!!! That was extremely frustrating considering we needed to thoroughly pre-screen before bringing people in to interview. Because of this, we wasted so much of our time with people coming in to interview who truly were not a credible candidate. Most would lie on their resumes, or the questions we sent. So sending a test would help us to see if they met even the smallest of requirements. If we felt they cheated the test or were nervous and just tested poorly, we could not offer them a second chance to redeem themselves or allow us to further evaluate the candidates capabilities. We would have to bring them in and waste all of our time. One Indeed Rep reccommended we purchase a software that allowed us to do those types of extra screening! Seriously? This is literally what you pride yourself on and you are telling me to go elsewhere for that service. I am/was dumbfounded that Indeed was lacking in that department, but not even by a little but A LOT! We were able to eventually hire someone but we had to go through so many under qualified candidates first. I honestly cannot say if we will use Indeed again because of this very thing. If we have to go elsewhere and pay for it, then why even consider Indeed again?

Good for finding local work

Bewertet am 1.6.2019
Jenna M.
Artist
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall, my experience with Indeed has been very positive. I am able to use their software to have focused searches for employment, while not being bombarded with scammers and underpaying positions. I can really appreciate that now given how wide the internet has become, and how much "fake news" and "fake jobs" are out there.

Vorteile: I have used Indeed countless times when I was searching for a job in my field. The ability to have a focused search on Indeed is one of the outstanding aspects of this software. Finding a job can be difficult, especially if you have a specialty and you aren't just looking for any old dish-washing job. What I like most about the software is that it focuses on quality jobs, it shows you where it is located, how to apply, and when to apply by. I think that this is essential when searching for employment. If a search option shows jobs that are unrelated or not applicable to what you have searched, then you end up wasting time as a job hunter and that can be frustrating and useless. With indeed, you know that when you are searching, you are going to get the closest answer possible. I also like that there seems to be a good filtering process for getting scams off of the website. When using several other search engines, I have noticed that their software doesn't account for jobs that aren't real, are scams, are unpaid internships, or are weird jobs where you only get paid in lunch or something like that. I know with indeed that I am using software to find myself a real and permanent position.

Nachteile: I do not have a huge amount of negatives. If there was a way to streamline putting in your information that would be a more helpful part of the software for me. I would also like to be able to see some background about the company directly on the website, that way I can judge for myself if they are good enough to apply to. Or maybe have people rate them or show the average pay? I am not sure, however more info to me is always best when applying for jobs. Even when I am looking for short part time work outside of my self employment I like to do this.

Lots of Features at a Reasonable Price Point

Bewertet am 4.6.2019
Katie K.
Director of Operations

Kommentare: Overall, we were very pleased with our experience hiring on Indeed. There are many features available that are found in much more expensive software solutions and it beats trying to track candidates in a spreadsheet!

Vorteile: Indeed makes it simple for employers to post a position - you can simply follow the prompts and your job post is live in minutes! You can choose to post the position for free or you can sponsor the posting to increase its visibility. Indeed will give you a guesstimate of the amount you should spend sponsoring the job posting to get the best results.
You are able to track the status of applications right in the candidate's profile. Since you can add multiple members of the hiring team to the employer's account, they can review candidates, request interviews and add interview notes right to the candidate account. You can create email templates for efficiency.
This is a great place to keep unified records of the recruiting and interviewing process!

Nachteile: I would love to see a notification/indication if a candidate has previously applied for the same role or another role within the company.
I would also like to be able to assign different posts to specific team members - for example, we had some hiring managers that did not log in regularly (or had to be prompted to do so) - but if we could assign 'Review' tasks to specific members they could potentially receive notifications for outstanding to-do's.
I would also like to see the ability to add custom statuses to an account, for example, when a request for an interview has been sent "Reviewed" doesn't indicate that the request is complete and we're waiting for a response, but "Phone Interview" implies that you've heard back and a phone interview is scheduled. Having some other options would help the Recruiter at a glance.

My Own Experience using Indeed

Bewertet am 30.9.2019
Pablo S.
RPA Developer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience using Indeed is good, although I really didn't find a job thanks to Indeed. On the other hand, at all times I felt excited to find the jobs I was looking for, and not the ones I didn't like. I also liked it very much, that many people offered work remotely, which confirms the trust placed in the developers of other countries, very suitable for any type of project, like any other person.

Vorteile: There really are many things that I like about Indeed:
· In Indeed you can find any type of job you are looking for.
· In Indeed, unlike in other rival applications, there are jobs that in others are not so easily found, and this is a point really in favor of Indeed, since today, more and more jobs are emerging new ones that differ from the typical ones. In my case, as an RPA developer, I have found many offers from the RPA world that in other applications do not exist or even talk about it.
· The Indeed team works really well when answering a question. They are very fast and go to detail.

Nachteile: Perhaps what I like least about Indeed, is that in order to obtain certain privileges that are really useful and outperform you compared to other job seekers, you have to pay a monthly amount, something high.
I understand that it is your business model, but there should be external ways or reward certain people for loyalty or other reasons, and that they could enjoy these advantages more often.

Quality Sourcing Avenue? Indeed!

Bewertet am 26.8.2019
Becca R.
Recruitment Consultant
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Indeed allows me another sourcing avenue to look at with easy access to different search strings and locations all at my fingertips. It helps throughout the week to simply switch over to the platform from LinkedIn, CareerBuilder, etc. and have new candidates to look at and reach out to. I overall really enjoy and appreciate my use of Indeed!

Vorteile: Indeed is awesome. The ease of use is so incredibly appealing, the resume database is simple to mine, and while it may not be visually the most attractive setup, its simplicity makes it a quick way to scroll and mass-send messages to any and all potentially qualified candidates. The other really nice thing about it is that when sending emails to candidates, you can easily save a template for faster messaging, but it is always on a side bar in their profile so that if you'd like to change anything or personalize it, you can.

Nachteile: I will say my least favorite thing is that sometimes candidate quality is not up to par. Because Indeed doesn't seem to have set requirements on the information that candidates post, some of it is not always the most up to date or accurate. This often leads to dead ends, whether they be after initial outreach, or during an initial screen when asking about a candidate's most recent experience. There could be a more streamlined or standardized way of having candidates post their information and I believe the platform would benefit from this.

Review for Indeed

Bewertet am 9.5.2019
Zavud B.
Master Student
Umweltdienstleistungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I have been using Indeed for a year now to find either a professional job/internship or part-time/student jobs. The platform is extremely easy and simple for everyone to use. It only took me a few minutes to register and start looking for a job on the search engine. What I like most about Indeed is you do not necessarily have to add/send your documents (e.g., CV, Certificates) every time to different companies. It will keep your documents stored and ask you if you want to change something before every submission. I use Indeed almost daily because you can see a lot of new job offers every single day. Some of my personal experiences on Indeed: I have found my internship in a big company with the help of Indeed. Also, when I started doing my master in a foreign country, I easily found a part-time job on Indeed to cover some of my monthly expenses.

Nachteile: There are few things that I would like Indeed to improve. As a foreigner living in Germany I use the German version of the website which does not allow me to switch the language from the country's official language. Since there are many international people living in different countries, I believe that Indeed should give us options of languages to choose instead of forcing us to use the website in the language of the country that we are living in. What I also do not like so much about Indeed is it sometimes keeps showing a job offer too long. I have had some experiences in which I applied for a job and they replied to my submission saying that they have already hired someone for the position I was interested in.

I use Indeed daily for job searching and exploring the job market for my clients.

Bewertet am 17.4.2018
Sophie R.
Job Developer and Operations Manager
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It helps me find the perfect opportunities for my clients to apply to in a quick and easy way.

Vorteile: I love that Indeed allows an in depth search in the job market. I work as a job developer helping people find work, and with all the unique job goals I love using Indeed. It is updated hourly, allows you to use key words, really hone in on what is competitive and available in the job market. I also love the advanced search options, it really helps narrow in on what i'm specifically looking for.

Nachteile: I don't like that Indeed allows recruiters to post staffing agency things. This clouds up the market as we only look for permanent and direct hire positions. I also don't like that things stay on for 30+ days. At that point, usually the positions are filled.

von Indeed an 19.4.2018

Hi Sophie, thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback with us! We are so happy to hear you've had such a great experience while using Indeed! In addition, you can filter out staffing agencies by using our Advanced Search, www.indeed.com/advanced_search. At the bottom of the page select "Exclude staffing agencies". Lastly, if a job appears on Indeed this means the employer has actively posted the job themselves and should mean that they are hiring for the position. If you have come across an ad that is no longer hiring please contact our team directly at capterra@indeed.com with more information so we can further assist. We wish you continued success in your job search!

Job Board Leader

Bewertet am 29.7.2019
Jose W.
Recruiter
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, Indeed is still an important piece of any recruitment plan especially as they add additional technology .

Vorteile: Posting on Indeed is simple and sponsoring jobs is a quick process. Most of the candidate communication can happen through the system. Customer service has always been available to help improve a job post or offer suggestions to increase applications. They have also added a hiring event option to share your hiring event directly with candidates which has been a great addition to my account.

Nachteile: Job postings are not picked up by Google Jobs so it is important to post positions on other job boards or make sure your career page allows for Google to index your positions. Costs can be high depending on the positions.

Sourcing made easy

Bewertet am 23.8.2018
Talent Acquisition
Personalwesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, great tool for sourcing and perfect application for reach out and and how you gauge these interested candidate.

Vorteile: 1. Normally, mainstream job boards has the candidate's resume with all the information you need, but for this tool you have minimal information and requires. You to firat aend an email prior to getting contact details if that person is interested. Which I think is very unique with this application. It makes it, it's advantage because you get to really know whose candidates are intereated and will take time to speak with you over the phone. 2. Very easy to use, there is an option on the candidates list that a side pop up shows whenever you try to put the cursor with the candidate's name a brief description of their work history. It will give you an idea of wjat is the recent employment of this person and if it is relevant with your choice 3. You can send email all at once from main page, just click on the tick box 4. Its a mix o f commercial, light industrial up to IT/Healthcare / engineering. 5 saved searches for resume alerts

Nachteile: 1. The only thing I dont like much with this app is it's response time. When one candidate selected to opt in and interested qith the poaition you have emailed them with, it will take 30mins to 45 minutes before you receive the. Response. Overall

Almost Perfect Job Search Engine

Bewertet am 10.7.2018
Freelance Writer

Vorteile: As someone who's been an applicant and has acted on behalf of the hiring manager, I have to admit Indeed is the cream of the crop when it comes to the American Job Search Engine. As an applicant, Indeed seems to have the largest and most current job listings with specific keywords/titles/salary/location requirements that I need and demand. It's also an incredible resource to view company salaries and employee reviews - all in one platform. With customizable emails, it's also super helpful to receive daily/weekly jobs, namely jobs specific to you and your tastes. While Indeed has not been my exclusive path to career success, it has had the most impact on my hiring.

Nachteile: As for cons... these typically come about when acting as the individual in charge of handling the online indeed account for the company. You can't beat the features and benefits of Indeed, but occasionally you'll list a position for a set number of days, with a budget, and it's possible you still receive beyond minimal applicants. And a number of those that do, do not have the experience the position requires despite the required/preferred application questions. Many of the times this has happened we have asked for a refund since the only real use we received as the company was the visible post, not viable applicants. However, CS cannot/will not sympathize with the lack of success with your job posting. Which, I understand as a business trying to make money, is ultimately a waste of time and money on our end.

Get it right the first time

Bewertet am 16.8.2019
Vaishnavi G.
Recruiter
Versorgungsunternehmen, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall I would say the experience is positive. I still rely on Indeed for my job postings and have had quality candidates come through

Vorteile: As a recruiter, I have used Indeed for the most part of my career. It is the #1 website or tool almost everyone goes to when trying to find a job. I love that they have a resume search database. With unemployment being at an all time low, active applicants have dwindled down. I also like that we can incorporate our own screener questions in the application page before the candidate can submit their resume.

Nachteile: Once, in my early career with a different company, I made a mistake with a job posting - instead of specifying a job as full time, I had mistakenly chosen commission. I thought that I had unchecked that box but looks like I didn't. Indeed supposedly doesn't support commission only jobs (although I have seen countless posts). So they took my posting down and my account was "blocked" from future postings. Although they said a representative will reach out to me to solve the issue, they never did. It took me more than 2 weeks to finally get the problem sorted out. But that was a while ago and I have had no problem since then.

You'd be silly not to use Indeed.

Bewertet am 8.8.2019
Elyzabeth S.
Student
Psychische Gesundheitsfürsorge, Selbstständig

Kommentare: On a personal note, I got my last job through an application I submitted on Indeed. Throughout the years, I have been involved in the hiring process at work. We utilize two forms of employee applications. One being traditional paper applications and resumes, and the other being Indeed applications and resumes. Quite frankly, I prefer the Indeed applications for the sake of legibility and documentation. Having an online source for applications gives you a greater sense of security in knowing that you wont lose an application, and you do not run into the issue of someone having poor penmanship . Which, in my experience, has lead to individuals not getting a job. There is something about "ugly" handwriting that turns some employers away, despite the actual qualifications of an applicant. Indeed takes that away, and It's nice.

Vorteile: Indeed is probably one of the easiest forms of job hunting there is. The fact that it's accessible from your phone, and from your computer, is awesome. What I like the most about Indeed, is that you are able to communicate with potential employers/employees through the website itself. Rather than having to sort through your personal email in order to find an email from a specific employer/employee, Indeed provides you with an email system, within the system. Keeping all of your conversations between potential employers/employees organized in one place.

Nachteile: The only thing I do not like about Indeed, is that you are not able to apply to all jobs from the website. Which is probably not even Indeed's doing. That may be due to the policy or desires of a particular company who is seeking employees.

Better Candidates with Indeed

Bewertet am 1.8.2019
Keirsten B.
Customer Service Manager
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are getting a better result of qualified applicants for positions.

Vorteile: I like most that it prescreens applicants based upon criteria that I choose initially. I am no longer getting completely irrelevant candidates for positions. It is also user friendly and I am finding more candidates with Indeed resumes already uploaded into the system.

Nachteile: Sometimes suggested applicants do not meet the distance criteria we are looking for. We would rather not hire outside of the city as commuters face greater challenges making it to work on time in the winter here.

Indeed for the employer

Bewertet am 8.8.2019
Haley B.
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Indeed has dramatically cut the amount of time I look for potential employees. We always get an abundant amount of applicants. I am able to flag the applications I am interested in. I am also able to easily decline applicants that do not fit the job description and I can also set up an email to be sent to them automatically that they do not fit our company's current needs.

Vorteile: It is very organized and streamline. It is easy to see which applicants you still have to review, candidates you scheduled interviews for, and candidates you do not want to consider.

Nachteile: The applicants do not always meet the standards of the company. They do have questions that you can ask the candidate to answer to screen them, however the candidate would often answer yes to the screening questions but then they would not have that experience on their resume.

A big step up from Craigslist without the bloat of LinkedIn, Workopolis

Bewertet am 6.8.2019
Paul Y.
Student
Bildungsmanagement, Selbstständig

Kommentare: You don't need fancy advertisements or podcast endorsements like the big brand name players. Indeed gets the job done by helping you find the right job quickly while allowing employers to effectively use their money to access a large pool of job-seekers.

Vorteile: I found that the most important factor in using a job ad platform is the users. And Indeed is where people are gravitating to. It's where companies are posting to. Sort of like the chicken and the egg issue. If nobody is posting jobs then people aren't visiting the site. If not one is visiting the site then nobody is posting jobs. Indeed has been able to get their food in the door and find the momentum to make it an effective jobs finding platform. It's got all the minimalism of Craigslist while being more professional. And it doesn't have the bloat that LinkedIn, Workopolis, or Monster has. The interface is clean and simple to use. And it's focused. No newsletter or social networking hook-ins or newsfeed. For the employer side, I found the price to be the best bang for your buck. If you're looking to hire someone asap and not have to deal with fussy menus or features, Indeed is where you should be looking.

Nachteile: Though I enjoy the simple design, I sometimes miss some more precise search functions found on other sites. But I guess you can't have it both ways. The regular reminders to pay for the promoted listings can get annoying but I don't find them as offensive as other junk mail reminders.

Good, but seems to favor quantity over quality.

Bewertet am 21.8.2018
Jaron H.
Gastgewerbe, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I continue to use it and it gets the job done, but it's not as great as I would have hoped.

Vorteile: It is pretty straightforward to use, I receive most of my applicants and hires from it, but it's only good not great.
The email relay function is convenient, and the canned responses for replying to applicants is quite nice and saves a lot of time. I am able to easily post a job, set my specific requirements for employees, and then just review over applications and resumes as they come in. I get notified when applicants are in, and I can quite easily sort through to pick who passes to the next step. A free posting will generate some applicants, and sponsoring is guaranteed to give you a higher quantity of applicants.

Nachteile: Indeed has two sets of users, but one customer. The two users are the Employees and the Employers. But, the Employer is their customer who pays. Indeed has to try and satisfy both in somewhat of a balance. One problem that arises from the employer's view is that the applicants are not always great quality. Indeed helps employers automatically match their skills and resumes to job postings that are already out there. This may be great for the employee side of things, but what that means for employers is that you receive a lot of applicants from people who did not actually know they were applying specifically for that job. However, I understand why Indeed does this. So this means that the response rate for applicants can be low, or that they are actually not interested in the job after they have "applied." For example, I can have 20 new individuals in my list labeled "applicants," but not all of them actually applied specifically to my job. So the moment I send them a message asking a tiny bit of additional info, the response rate can be very low.

Best Way to Find A Job..?

Bewertet am 15.1.2019
Alexe J.
Photographer
Animation, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall, I would not choose any other job search site of Indeed. I switched over from SnagAJob and I never liked Monster or the other job search sites. This one has the most relevant, REAL jobs, at least most of the time. It still is easy to use and they do offer categories for searches, including full time or part time, and also the distance of the jobs. There could be more options added, possibly, to help people connect to the right work. I feel it is still tiresome no matter what. I don't like having to fill in APPS when I sent a whole resume.

Vorteile: There are some pretty obvious reasons to use Indeed, in my opinion. The thing that I like most about this software is that almost every company is on it, which makes it easier to reach more employers. The best thing I like about Indeed is that it keeps my resume online and I can download it as a PDF or I can send the link or even connect my Indeed resume to some employer's applications. I also enjoy the fact that there are One-Click job options and options for temporary work, stuff like Uber or Bouncing in bounce houses with children. This is the best place to find a job. It is the most professional and safe way.

Nachteile: I have been scammed on Indeed before. Someone told me that they had a job for me and sent me a fake check and told me to cash it. Also, there are no picture or video options on the applications, which LinkedIN uses a more Social media approach to the job search. Please keep indeed professional and don't make it a social media site!

Pretty Useful Job Site for Both Sides

Bewertet am 1.8.2019
Scott F.
Director of IT

Kommentare: I've used this site both for finding a job, and then later down the road, hiring for positions too. I prefer them to the other monster job sites out there that are VERY bloated, but Indeed could use some more modern features and updated search functions. That said, I can't complain about the results - I found a great job AND some great hires from them too!

Vorteile: Website is fast and very easy to use, and for the most part the ads are kept to a minimum. Indeed has their customer account setup pretty well, and it's easy to find what you are looking for. Their resume upload feature works pretty well and gets ALMOST everything right, but only if you are using a text-based resume. I like to jazz mine up with a simple image here and there, which it doesn't like at all. The process of creating and adding to that resume is also done well. Applying to a job is very quick and easy too, and I love the follow-ups from them about interviews and feedback.

Nachteile: When I first started using the site, before it caught on, I almost felt like it wasn't legitimate given its overly simplistic design. I haven't used them in a few months, so that may have changed, but there is something to be said about being TOO simple and easy to use. It could use an upgrade with some modern AJAX features to make things more intuitive. One other thing is that their job search features need work. Searching for computer or IT related jobs gives you ANYTHING that has the word computer in it, which is basically everything.