Review for Indeed

Bewertet am 9.5.2019
Zavud B.
Master Student
Umweltdienstleistungen, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: I have been using Indeed for a year now to find either a professional job/internship or part-time/student jobs. The platform is extremely easy and simple for everyone to use. It only took me a few minutes to register and start looking for a job on the search engine. What I like most about Indeed is you do not necessarily have to add/send your documents (e.g., CV, Certificates) every time to different companies. It will keep your documents stored and ask you if you want to change something before every submission. I use Indeed almost daily because you can see a lot of new job offers every single day. Some of my personal experiences on Indeed: I have found my internship in a big company with the help of Indeed. Also, when I started doing my master in a foreign country, I easily found a part-time job on Indeed to cover some of my monthly expenses.

Nachteile: There are few things that I would like Indeed to improve. As a foreigner living in Germany I use the German version of the website which does not allow me to switch the language from the country's official language. Since there are many international people living in different countries, I believe that Indeed should give us options of languages to choose instead of forcing us to use the website in the language of the country that we are living in. What I also do not like so much about Indeed is it sometimes keeps showing a job offer too long. I have had some experiences in which I applied for a job and they replied to my submission saying that they have already hired someone for the position I was interested in.

Quality Hands-On Recruiting Tool

Bewertet am 3.8.2019
Andrew K.
Chief Operating Officer
Internet, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: If your company does not have a lot of job openings on a regular basis, Indeed can be a very cost effective recruiting tool in lieu of hiring a full time staff member. The more time and money you are willing to invest in the application, the more beneficial it can be for your recruiting efforts. It is definitely a solid platform for reaching a larger pool of applicants for your position opening.

Vorteile: When posting job openings, Indeed allows you to be very specific about your minimum criteria for the position. It then gives you a breakdown of how each candidate matches against the criteria, which can save you some time sorting through various resumes. Indeed also allows you to be very specific about your monthly spend, which is important as you are charged a base fee for each candidate who applies for the position. One you reach your maximum spend for the month, Indeed automatically pauses your posting so that you do not go over budget. Its email and scheduling capabilities make it easy to set up interviews with candidates you feel are qualified for your open position.

Nachteile: Indeed has a large variety of options and filters available when posting a new position, which means you will probably spend a lot of time both setting up and maintaining your job posting. If you choose not to thoroughly set up your posting, you will receive a lot of applicants who are not specifically qualified for your open position, which means additional time sorting through resumes and communicating with applicants. While many of the process are automated, Indeed still requires someone to invest a significant amount sorting through resumes and cover letters.

Indeed Helps find the Perfect Job

Bewertet am 13.12.2019
Debra G.
Life Coach
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Indeed has sent me jobs to look into that matches my resume and position objective criteria. Indeed has a plethora of employers looking for employees in just about every career field you can imagine. The experience I've had with Indeed has been always a pleasant one and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a job or looking for a great employee.

Vorteile: Indeed is easy to use and upload your resume to. Love how it's so easy to use and then when there's a match to your resume they will notify you. Indeed has helped many people find the right job. I have done resumes for people that ask my opinion for best site to look for work. I always recommend Indeed.

Nachteile: Sometimes a site will want both resume and the application and can be a bit time consuming to fix the format and like that. But wouldn't go to any other job site still.

Whether finding candidates or job opportunities, this is the place.

Bewertet am 3.10.2019
Controller
Immobilien, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I've used Indeed to post jobs and to find jobs. It's been successful for both, is easy to use, and makes posting and applying convenient and less time consuming.

Vorteile: For most employers, Indeed is the fist place a job opportunity gets posted. It's free and very widely used. So, whether you're searching for a job or for candidates, this is the one place where everyone comes together to make the most comprehensive list of both candidates and job postings. The free platform is great, but there are paid services with prices to fit even the smallest budget.

Nachteile: I'm scratching my head on this one. With all its free features, there really isn't a reason not to use Indeed. I think the appearance could be improved by changing the font and font sizes to be more modern and consistently sized. Company reviews would be more meaningful if they could be segregated into locations or divisions of a company. For example, if I'm applying for a job in accounting or posting an opening for the CFO position, and all the reviews are from warehouse employees complaining about heat and excess overtime, the company's review score isn't very meaningful. Or, if I'm applying for a job in New York, and the reviews are all from employees in California, that isn't meaningful. I have to search through individual reviews to find those that are relevant to me.

Paid Version is Pointless

Bewertet am 18.10.2018
Director of Human Resources
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 201-500 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: In general, the free version is useful and should be an automatic posting option for any Recruiting/Talent Acquisition department if it isn't already cross-posted by your ATS automatically. In a free version, you can excuse how bad the software is, which is pretty bad. However, their freemium aggregate model of scraping jobs from thousands of other sites and making their website a one-stop shop for job searchers made them the #1 job posting site quickly. But the dirty little secret is that this model isn't sustainable, and like Monster and Amazon, their first goal was to grow their user base, and then try to force paid versions onto their user base. However, unlike Monster, their product is only good because it was unique and free. There are tons of other sites that now use the aggregate scraping model and are much better programs. In addition, Google-for-Jobs has pretty much made Indeed obsolete by offering the same ability, but using the vast superior searchability of Google with an already existing Millennial user-base. The software is better, and it already syncs with google search. Regarding the paid version of Indeed, it just isn't worth it unless you recruit in large cities, you may need to use the paid version in order to not be buried quickly in their ads, but even then, the effectiveness is debatable when you can update the ad or repost it every few days. Even in larger cities, I haven't seen any quantifiable benefit of using the paid version.

Vorteile: As an aggregate job posting site, it is a must have for any recruiting department to use on a daily basis.
The free hosting feature is automatically done on most ATS programs.
Because they scrape from so many websites, job postings with them will reach even tough markets like Physicians, whereas Careerbuilder, Zip, Monster, etc. do NOT reach these.

Nachteile: Google-for-Jobs has made Indeed all but obsolete.
Their "paid" version is pointless compared to the free version. We have tested several times and have seen hardly any, if any, quantifiable difference for the huge cost, regardless of what the sales team says.
Their resume database is horrible in search function and results, although, useful in that you can pay per resume pull.
They are aesthetically the Craigslist of job search websites. The site is ugly (relative), hard to become a power user on (like Linkedin), and is only successful because of their Freemium aggregate model.

Great for hiring and getting hired!

Bewertet am 6.12.2019
Sarah O.
Marketing Coordinator
Einzelhandel, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall Indeed is a great platform for both ends of the job opportunity world. As an Employer you get to select from large pools of candidates quickly and easily, and the communication/messaging option is great since it keeps your company email hidden. As a Job Seeker, I had the best luck with Indeed for all of the jobs I've landed. Although searching for remote opportunities is annoying, I would still go with Indeed for my next job hunt.

Vorteile: I have experience using this platform as both an employer and job seeker. Employer: the pros are that you can easily see everyone's information in the same spot. This makes it easy for weeding out the best and worst candidates for your job. It's easy to download everyone's resumes and communicate with them. The email notifications can be helpful and overwhelming at the same time, which is a good thing since you end up being able to select from a large pool of candidates. Job Seeker: as a job seeker, I found the best job listings on Indeed for the areas I was applying to. There were a lot of IT, operations management, and marketing opportunities listed. I received the most call-backs and interviews from Indeed since I think the more professional businesses tend to be on there.

Nachteile: Listing and searching for remote opportunities can be difficult. As an Employer, you physically cannot write "Remote" in the location, so you need to make sure to include it in the job listing itself. As a Job Seeker, this can be very frustrating. You need to physically input a city for job searches, and read through every single listing for the word "remote" or the physical location. This can make searching for remote jobs extremely time consuming and frustrating. But with that being the only downside to Indeed, it wouldn't prevent me from using the platform in the future.

BEST BEST BEST tool to get you the job you need!

Bewertet am 3.12.2019
Jannatin N.
Part Time Cashier
Einzelhandel, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, this software is one of the best ones out there for those looking for small jobs or even big jobs. You have all these options right at your fingertips and you can either apply directly or it will lead you to a company link! Really love this software!

Vorteile: I can upload my resume, make a whole resume on there by filling the needed spaces, then have it downloaded so I can use it if I needed a hardcopy. Indeed jobs can also narrow searches to help you get a job close to you. I also get amazing job offers when I have my resume uploaded online and available to be viewed. So if I struggle to get the jobs for myself, this software helps with finding me jobs when I could not! Amazing! There are also amazing quizzes and assessments you can take so that the employer can quickly identify whether you are capable for the job too which helps a lot!

Nachteile: I did not like that sometimes there are searches that come up and do not have the actual information displayed correctly. Such as you get a picture of a work place but they did not try to get more digital information off the people who made this posting. This however is the smallest issue you could ever find because other than that this software is incredible and helps so much with giving us the jobs we need or want!

Loved it as both a job seeker and an employer!

Bewertet am 6.12.2019
Shilleah S.
Sales and Marketing Manager
Verbraucherdienste, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, I am happy with Indeed. We have tried many different job posting apps, but Indeed has been the most efficient and we get the most responses from it.

Vorteile: As an employer it has many different templates I can save for my job posting candidates. I can also schedule interviews straight through the messages which link directly with my calendar and email. As a job seeker, I loved the one button apply for job listings.

Nachteile: Navigating between messages and job candidates is a little confusing. It would also be really nice if I was able to customize the dispositions I am able to leave my candidates on.

Great candidate search tool!

Bewertet am 14.10.2019
Jeff I.
Chef
Essen & Trinken, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Indeed has been amazing at saving me time in sorting through potential candidates and the functionality has allowed me to be very specific in searching for candidate skill sets.

Vorteile: My experience has been that I’m able to find a deep and varied talent pool from which to seek candidates. I suspect some of this is due to the name recognition and broad use.

Nachteile: Although not my own experience, I’ve heard other users complain that the free version has limited access to details.

Basically what you'd expect

Bewertet am 23.11.2019
Blake B.
Ecommerce & Consumer Products Manager
Metallabbau, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Exactly what I expected going in. You pay to post a job listing and have indeed serve it up for relevant search terms based on your ad and manually inputted keywords. You have access to an employer portal where you can enter a description and other relevant job information.

Vorteile: Overall decent platform for getting a lot of eyeballs on your job posting. The site has a lot of traffic from job seekers, so the value proposition is easy to see.

Nachteile: It still has the age old funnel issue that applies to recruiting. We get hundreds of submissions, some percentage of those actually fit, some smaller percentage of those actually show up for an interview, and so on. The software can't solve that structural recruitment problem.

Indeed will take care of you!

Bewertet am 1.10.2019
Michelle A.
Waitress
Essen & Trinken, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It has been amazing. When I decided that it was time to look for a job with more hours, Indeed was the only obvious choice. With the amount of new listings everyday, anyone looking for a job with realistic expectations should be able to find what they need using Indeed. I highly recommend!

Vorteile: I find Indeed to be just about the best place to go when it comes to searching for new job opportunities. It always has the latest listings with a very easy to navigate user interface. Personally, I have received three job offers from interviews that I was able to secure using Indeed. I love that you can save the posts to easily go back to them later. I also frequently use the filter setting which makes it simple to narrow down the exact location and specific job type I am looking for.

Nachteile: Honestly, I have had no issues with Indeed. I have heard, however, that anyone can post a listing for any job, whether or not it is actually accurate. Due to the overwhelming amount of scam artists in the world today, I have made sure to keep a look out for this exact scenario. Personally, I have yet to come across it on Indeed. I have seen it many times on Craigslist though! Indeed is far superior to Craigslist!

Best of talent acquisition programs

Bewertet am 31.7.2019
occupational therapy
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used Indeed both as a job seeker as well as a person looking for talent to add to a team. I find that even with the tiny issues, it is a fantastic first stop for reaching out for most mid-level and entry level positions, technical programs, and service/retail jobs. The ability to mark corporations that peak an individual's interest for the future coupled with the conversation ability with the hiring team makes this the most obvious source for acquiring new employees or locating a new job.

Vorteile: This software has become the norm for most people in the vast majority of professional and technical fields, but also has branched out to the retail and service sectors. The ease of use for the person seeking employment and the ability of hiring personnel to navigate to those people who fit criteria for their openings is second to none. Indeed allows people who are unfamiliar with constructing a resume to create a basic format and also allows those with existing CV/resumes to upload them along with cover letters. Once uploaded, they can quickly be altered as time changes the information. Many companies allow a direct application via that uploaded information and the remaining companies direct the potential job candidate to the application on the website for the corporation. Indeed also allows individuals who are talent acquisition specialists to send messages to people who are on indeed to determine if a possible interest in a position might be possible.

Nachteile: Talent acquisition individuals can sometimes not recognize that they have already been directed to an individual and repeat an invitation to apply for a specific position. The only other issue I have found is that people without a resume who use the Indeed builder do not always recognize the need to update their information because they are not prompted.

Indeed, the main candidate source

Bewertet am 18.7.2019
German H.
Branch Manager
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We have been using indeed to gather candidates for the past 3+ years and we have had amazing results, we have experienced immense growth using the tools the indeed provides and have been able to painting our growth for the past 3 years.

Vorteile: The amount of prospective candidate is higher than any other source, and the response time for posted ads is immediate.
Candidates are aligned to the requirement of the postings, and are actively looking for jobs, and updating their information often.

Nachteile: I don't see many cons, the only one I could mention is the steep price, it is way higher than any other provider, but it also provides the best results.

Have used and referred others to this app/site since 2012, best job search app by far.

Bewertet am 19.6.2019
Daniel R.
Self Employed
Einzelhandel, Selbstständig

Kommentare: At the moment, none. I used Indeed briefly when I was managing a data collection call center but other than creating the initial posting I left most of this work to the HR department. We posted the exact same job description on Craigslist as well and I anylized the productivity numbers of the employees we found through Craigslist and Indeed and the employees we found from Indeed had a much higher retention rate and on average outperformed the employees hired from Craigslist to an extent that justified the cost of continuing to use Indeed, which was quite low to begin with, but when you are already dealing with a high volume/low margin type of business every dollar counts. (Note: I did not "switch" from another product, but I have used many of Indeed's competitors and Indeed is the only one that I have recommended because it is miles ahead of the competitors)

Vorteile: I really like the ability to easily customize what you are searching for as far as employment opportunities go. Prior to starting my own e-commerce business/after my enlistment in the military I have used Indeed to find 3/5 of the jobs I've had during that period. The algorithms do an excellent job of providing relevant job opportunities based on data provided through the website and what I assume is data collected on users via Google. The email recommendations are honest as well, using the data to quickly give those searching for jobs the ability to see how well any particular posting matches what they are looking for and updates very well over time (e.g. 3 years ago it recommended mid-level management positions for companies specializing in data collection, sales, and customer service - Now it recommends contractual/work from home/marketing management positions despite me not having given them any additional indications of life changes), this is the primary reason I will never unsubscribe from Indeed's email subscription. The ability to apply quickly when you are searching via a mobile device without having to copy your entire resume on an external website and ai filtering of potential employees for the employer are beneficial on both ends, saving time for both parties making the service desirable for both parties that are needed to maintain continued success in this industry.

Nachteile: Unfortunately, although out of your control, it would be much more convenient if every job posting allowed for the quick apply feature, as mobile internet use is increasing year by year while desktop use is on a similar decline. It would also be nice if there were more options to customize the recommendations you receive. Although as I mentioned the Algorithms do a great job, it would be nice if I could input very specific criteria of job recommendations that are more applicable to those searching for contracted work. For example, I am looking for small to mid size businesses in a specific radius with a population around 600,000 who are looking to optimize their online marketing budget and/or altogether create an e-commerce/online marketing revenue stream. There may be ways to do this that I am unaware of, but if that's the case it should be easier to locate the page within the domain or application to set something like this up.

Indeed

Bewertet am 22.10.2019
Jillian B.
Receptionist
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall, indeed has bred successful for me in my job hunt. I was able to apply for 20-50 jobs daily for 2 weeks nonstop with all the new jobs that were becoming available everyday. The setup was very quick and easy, uploading resumes and documents was simple, navigating the site as well as your account was easy as well. I would like to suggest an option to help build a resume that is professional rather than just having to you your own. Some people may not have a resume created yet or some may not be tech savvy and capable of creating their own resume. This may already be an option, but it’s just not professional enough. All In all, indeed is the top software to use for job hunting and I believe 9 out of 10 people are successful at finding a job using indeed.

Vorteile: Indeed is constantly updated daily with new available jobs. It will let you know the most recent jobs added, jobs you’ve viewed and applied for. Indeed will also share with you available jobs that are similar to the ones you’ve already applied for.

Nachteile: Some available jobs you apply for will have you redirected to the company website where you must sign up and create an account before you can apply and this can be very time consuming when you are putting in 100’s of applications daily.

One of the Best Job Search Services Available

Bewertet am 16.8.2019
William S.
Career Advisor
Professionelles Training & Coaching, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: In a word, Exceptional! Easy to use and effective. Nothing more to say.

Vorteile: Indeed is one of the leading job search and career advancement tools available. The web site is well organized and easy to navigate. You can search for jobs based on the title or description and narrow the search to specific geography. Once the job lists come up, you can extend the search to related positions using the titles in the jobs which are presented. Applying to jobs listed on Indeed is easy because links are provided with each job post which enables you to apply directly via Indeed, or direct you to the employer's careers page on their website. In addition to job postings, Indeed has a large portfolio of career-related resources which help you to prepare for and execute your job search. There are helpful articles about resumes, cover letters, interviewing and other job search topics. Another key element of the service Indeed provides is for employers. Indeed makes it easy to post an open position and provides employers with guidance on how to create effective job postings. The information employers receive about online applicants enables employers to quickly screen candidates and narrow their search to the best qualified. Our organization has used Indeed on many occasions and defer to it for our hiring and recruitment requirements.

Nachteile: I can't think of anything I don't like about Indeed.

Very Helpful Tool

Bewertet am 3.5.2019
Alicia G.
Service Mgr
Bau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It was okay, I am happy with the end result, it was the process of getting there that could have been simplified.

Vorteile: What I liked most about this was that I could send questions to the applicant and if they could not answer those questions, then they would not be considered as an applicant. For the role we were hiring for, it was imperative that each candidate met that criteria, we did not want to waste our time or theirs skimming through all those pointless applications. If you dont meet our needs, you are not considered.

Nachteile: The only thing I did not like and it was actually a BIG DISLIKE is that I was only able to send just one aptitude test - just one!!!! That was extremely frustrating considering we needed to thoroughly pre-screen before bringing people in to interview. Because of this, we wasted so much of our time with people coming in to interview who truly were not a credible candidate. Most would lie on their resumes, or the questions we sent. So sending a test would help us to see if they met even the smallest of requirements. If we felt they cheated the test or were nervous and just tested poorly, we could not offer them a second chance to redeem themselves or allow us to further evaluate the candidates capabilities. We would have to bring them in and waste all of our time. One Indeed Rep reccommended we purchase a software that allowed us to do those types of extra screening! Seriously? This is literally what you pride yourself on and you are telling me to go elsewhere for that service. I am/was dumbfounded that Indeed was lacking in that department, but not even by a little but A LOT! We were able to eventually hire someone but we had to go through so many under qualified candidates first. I honestly cannot say if we will use Indeed again because of this very thing. If we have to go elsewhere and pay for it, then why even consider Indeed again?

Good for finding local work

Bewertet am 1.6.2019
Jenna M.
Artist
Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall, my experience with Indeed has been very positive. I am able to use their software to have focused searches for employment, while not being bombarded with scammers and underpaying positions. I can really appreciate that now given how wide the internet has become, and how much "fake news" and "fake jobs" are out there.

Vorteile: I have used Indeed countless times when I was searching for a job in my field. The ability to have a focused search on Indeed is one of the outstanding aspects of this software. Finding a job can be difficult, especially if you have a specialty and you aren't just looking for any old dish-washing job. What I like most about the software is that it focuses on quality jobs, it shows you where it is located, how to apply, and when to apply by. I think that this is essential when searching for employment. If a search option shows jobs that are unrelated or not applicable to what you have searched, then you end up wasting time as a job hunter and that can be frustrating and useless. With indeed, you know that when you are searching, you are going to get the closest answer possible. I also like that there seems to be a good filtering process for getting scams off of the website. When using several other search engines, I have noticed that their software doesn't account for jobs that aren't real, are scams, are unpaid internships, or are weird jobs where you only get paid in lunch or something like that. I know with indeed that I am using software to find myself a real and permanent position.

Nachteile: I do not have a huge amount of negatives. If there was a way to streamline putting in your information that would be a more helpful part of the software for me. I would also like to be able to see some background about the company directly on the website, that way I can judge for myself if they are good enough to apply to. Or maybe have people rate them or show the average pay? I am not sure, however more info to me is always best when applying for jobs. Even when I am looking for short part time work outside of my self employment I like to do this.

Lots of Features at a Reasonable Price Point

Bewertet am 4.6.2019
Katie K.
Director of Operations

Kommentare: Overall, we were very pleased with our experience hiring on Indeed. There are many features available that are found in much more expensive software solutions and it beats trying to track candidates in a spreadsheet!

Vorteile: Indeed makes it simple for employers to post a position - you can simply follow the prompts and your job post is live in minutes! You can choose to post the position for free or you can sponsor the posting to increase its visibility. Indeed will give you a guesstimate of the amount you should spend sponsoring the job posting to get the best results.
You are able to track the status of applications right in the candidate's profile. Since you can add multiple members of the hiring team to the employer's account, they can review candidates, request interviews and add interview notes right to the candidate account. You can create email templates for efficiency.
This is a great place to keep unified records of the recruiting and interviewing process!

Nachteile: I would love to see a notification/indication if a candidate has previously applied for the same role or another role within the company.
I would also like to be able to assign different posts to specific team members - for example, we had some hiring managers that did not log in regularly (or had to be prompted to do so) - but if we could assign 'Review' tasks to specific members they could potentially receive notifications for outstanding to-do's.
I would also like to see the ability to add custom statuses to an account, for example, when a request for an interview has been sent "Reviewed" doesn't indicate that the request is complete and we're waiting for a response, but "Phone Interview" implies that you've heard back and a phone interview is scheduled. Having some other options would help the Recruiter at a glance.

My Own Experience using Indeed

Bewertet am 30.9.2019
Pablo S.
RPA Developer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: My overall experience using Indeed is good, although I really didn't find a job thanks to Indeed. On the other hand, at all times I felt excited to find the jobs I was looking for, and not the ones I didn't like. I also liked it very much, that many people offered work remotely, which confirms the trust placed in the developers of other countries, very suitable for any type of project, like any other person.

Vorteile: There really are many things that I like about Indeed:
· In Indeed you can find any type of job you are looking for.
· In Indeed, unlike in other rival applications, there are jobs that in others are not so easily found, and this is a point really in favor of Indeed, since today, more and more jobs are emerging new ones that differ from the typical ones. In my case, as an RPA developer, I have found many offers from the RPA world that in other applications do not exist or even talk about it.
· The Indeed team works really well when answering a question. They are very fast and go to detail.

Nachteile: Perhaps what I like least about Indeed, is that in order to obtain certain privileges that are really useful and outperform you compared to other job seekers, you have to pay a monthly amount, something high.
I understand that it is your business model, but there should be external ways or reward certain people for loyalty or other reasons, and that they could enjoy these advantages more often.

Quality Sourcing Avenue? Indeed!

Bewertet am 26.8.2019
Becca R.
Recruitment Consultant
Personalbeschaffung & -besetzung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Indeed allows me another sourcing avenue to look at with easy access to different search strings and locations all at my fingertips. It helps throughout the week to simply switch over to the platform from LinkedIn, CareerBuilder, etc. and have new candidates to look at and reach out to. I overall really enjoy and appreciate my use of Indeed!

Vorteile: Indeed is awesome. The ease of use is so incredibly appealing, the resume database is simple to mine, and while it may not be visually the most attractive setup, its simplicity makes it a quick way to scroll and mass-send messages to any and all potentially qualified candidates. The other really nice thing about it is that when sending emails to candidates, you can easily save a template for faster messaging, but it is always on a side bar in their profile so that if you'd like to change anything or personalize it, you can.

Nachteile: I will say my least favorite thing is that sometimes candidate quality is not up to par. Because Indeed doesn't seem to have set requirements on the information that candidates post, some of it is not always the most up to date or accurate. This often leads to dead ends, whether they be after initial outreach, or during an initial screen when asking about a candidate's most recent experience. There could be a more streamlined or standardized way of having candidates post their information and I believe the platform would benefit from this.

Easiest way to find a job

Bewertet am 13.12.2019
Bernadine W.
Author
Essen & Trinken, Selbstständig

Kommentare: as a job seeker I was using Indeed lose to 3 years now. It's so easy to set up and apply to jobs. I've heard back from many employers I applied. It's was the easiest way for me.

Vorteile: I've been on job hunting for few times on and off between past 3 years. This is the most easiest job seeking website and app I've came across so far. I have tried all the popular and non popular job platforms, but Indeed was the most effective one of all. I heard back from many employers. It was so easy to set up the account and enter all the details in my resume. Once you select the job area you're interested in, it's super easy to get job recommendation. You can go through the recommendation and apply with just one click. Your cover letter is automatically saved when you apply for the first time. Then on you just have to click apply, viola.. your application and cover letter automatically being sent to the employer with just one click. And you can save your favorite jobs, Jobs that you would consider applying later. You can see all the applied and saved job listings on your dashboard. And you can download the indeed resume and share it with anyone without worrying to design a resume. I love that part about indeed a lot.

Nachteile: I've been using it close to 3 years now. I like all about it. There's nothing I can say that I like least about using Indeed.

The new age of job search.

Bewertet am 20.11.2019
Barbara G.
Survey taker
Verbraucherdienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Absolutely amazing i could never complain about this amazing company. I am grateful for all of the wonderful positions they have found me and my friends and family.

Vorteile: What absolutely stunned me about this software was the ease of use. I have contacted so many job positions through this company and they care so much about your results they contact you. Never have I found such a caring company willing to go out of their way to see if I obtained an interview and if not giving me words of encouragement. I value a company that doesn't see me simply as an investment and genuinely care about me as a person that's rare these days for sure. I would absolutely and have recommended this software to anyone seeking a job position.

Nachteile: I simply wish their was faster results in getting back with a company.

I love indeed!

Bewertet am 1.12.2019
AppleCare Technical Support Advisor
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have truly always loved indeed. It’s great by using the app, as well as browser. To tell you the truth I have the app downloaded but I use indeed.com more in my browser, I think it’s easy to go to, and always shows me the jobs new in my area, or recently added jobs to my liking.

Vorteile: I have always enjoyed working from home, and here on indeed it’s very easy to find a work from home job with indeed. Very easy to use, easy to check for jobs in my area, ones I’ve applied for, interviews I’ve been given, and so on. It’s super easy to create your indeed resume and update it right from indeed. Indeed also has exams you can take that can show up on your resume when employers check out your resume! It’s probably one of my favorite things about indeed. I truly love the ease of checking jobs, new jobs that are posted all day everyday are easy to distinguish. Overall, I truly enjoy indeed. I am one of those people that even though I have a job I love looking at jobs online, even if it’s just to see what new work from home adventures there are, or jobs in my location.

Nachteile: I wish it told you how many people have applied to different jobs. I think that would be the only thing that I like least is that it either says ‘now accepting applications’ or it days ‘many applicants’ I wish it would be more to the point.

I use Indeed daily for job searching and exploring the job market for my clients.

Bewertet am 17.4.2018
Sophie R.
Job Developer and Operations Manager
Einzel- & Familiendienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: It helps me find the perfect opportunities for my clients to apply to in a quick and easy way.

Vorteile: I love that Indeed allows an in depth search in the job market. I work as a job developer helping people find work, and with all the unique job goals I love using Indeed. It is updated hourly, allows you to use key words, really hone in on what is competitive and available in the job market. I also love the advanced search options, it really helps narrow in on what i'm specifically looking for.

Nachteile: I don't like that Indeed allows recruiters to post staffing agency things. This clouds up the market as we only look for permanent and direct hire positions. I also don't like that things stay on for 30+ days. At that point, usually the positions are filled.

von Indeed an 19.4.2018

Hi Sophie, thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback with us! We are so happy to hear you've had such a great experience while using Indeed! In addition, you can filter out staffing agencies by using our Advanced Search, www.indeed.com/advanced_search. At the bottom of the page select "Exclude staffing agencies". Lastly, if a job appears on Indeed this means the employer has actively posted the job themselves and should mean that they are hiring for the position. If you have come across an ad that is no longer hiring please contact our team directly at capterra@indeed.com with more information so we can further assist. We wish you continued success in your job search!