NAKIVO Backup & Replication Erfahrungen

Über NAKIVO Backup & Replication

Orchestriere und automatisiere Disaster-Recovery-Aktivitäten, um RTOs und RPOs zu reduzieren.

Erfahre mehr über NAKIVO Backup & Replication

It runs on NAS devices (Synology ), the installations was very fast and the job configuration is very ease. Reporting, creating jobs etc. is easy and without the need for complex configurations.

There are no real cons to mention. Sometimes we wish, that the logs in the UI would tell more details, when it comes to errors.

Bewertungen zu NAKIVO Backup & Replication

NAKIVO Backup & Replication hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,8 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 390 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du NAKIVO Backup & Replication bereits verwendet?

DevOps engineer in Griechenland
Bankwesen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Nakivo Backup Review

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

The things i really like about nakivo is the ease of deployment, literally in Minutes and the reliability of VM backups. Also the ability to recover even files from backups give us the granularity we need. In addition in the latest version nakivo introduced indexing in recovery which makes it even easier to browse all files in your backup. Moreover, nakivo has a lot of deployment option and you can deploy it as a NAS appliance, VM, physical machine. Finally in a single pane of glass you have all the information you need which is very good for users that are not administrators and also the support team of nakivo is exceptional at problem solving

The cons in nakivo is firstly the 365 backup is done only on premises and it takes a lot of time to finish if you have under 1Gbit fiber connection. It should have the ability to be done entirely on cloud without having to store the backups on prem. And the other thing is the recovery process as well as the backup verification take a lot of time to complete. Finally the monitoring system it provides doesnt worth it really as there are much better monitoring solutions available.

Mateusz
IT Specialist in Polen
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Nakivo is my best backup solution.

4,0 letzten Monat Neu

What appeals to me the most, besides the ease of configuration, is the transparency of notifications from the log system

No support for KVM and Proxmox virtualization system

Giordano
IT Manager in Italien

Nakivo

I use Nakivo to backup AWS istances from a region to another and works very well. It is easy to use and configure.

Enable the possibility to restore guest file from a replicated istances to restore file deleted or damage

Sijin
IT Administrator in Vereinigte Arabische Emirate

Fast and Reliable Backup Application

Kommentare: I like Nakivo application. It is the one of the fast backup job applications. And it is very easy to do restore.

Backup storage space consuming by Nakivo is very less compared to other backup applications. Also, the backup repository remapping to a new backup is a wonderful feature i have used in Nakivo.

Live Replication of Microsoft Hyper V is not yet released. Backup Storage attach and detach is difficult when it is scheduled.

Pavel
IT manager in Tschechien
Druck, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Very good product with great support for affordable money

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

Kommentare: Fully satsfies our needs. Development is adding new useful features.

- ease of use - easy upgrades - great support in case of any problems - great wizards for setting backups and restoring

- not very intuitive use of tapes and recoverig from tapes backups

Mattia
Mattia

Best Backup & Replication software

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Nakivo is the best cost-effective solution for Backup & Replication on the market. The installation and configuration is quick and easy: we connect and integrate our environment in a few clicks. The support is great, kind and fast. A really amazing alternative to Veeam.

I have no significant issues with the product; it meets all my expectations and works flawlessly.

Andrea
IT in Italien
Großhandel, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

NAKIVO - The BEST

5,0 vor 3 Wochen Neu

Kommentare: Nakivo, unlike other competitors (Veeam) is much cheaper, easier to configure and monitor.
My user experience is extremely positive.
The support has always been impeccable too.

The possibility of Immutable Backup ON AWS The Less Cost The Easyest of configuration

None. I haven't find nothing to say. all i sok

Michał
IT Solutions Architect in Polen
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Affordable, yet robust and fast working backup appliance

5,0 letzten Monat Neu

It is running under linux, therefore you can deploy it really fast. The Director and Transporter paradigm makes it convinient to set up in different environments, from air gapped clusters, to edge servers and more.

It does not support RBD as a storage repository out of the box, I am still waiting on that option to be available.

Maciej
Network Administrator in Polen
Museen & Institutionen, 51–200 Mitarbeiter

Very good backup soluction

5,0 vor 4 Wochen Neu

ease of use and intuitive configuration, ease of data recovery

new subscription model, but now everyone is using it. As far as functionality is concerned, everything is fine.

Tomass
Tomass
IT Support in Lettland

Easy to use

5,0 vor 2 Monaten Neu

Easy to start with minimal configuration needed. User friendly interface, fast configuration, reliable backup and recovery, good technical support, good price.

When licenses expire there is no ability to do anything with backups

Personalwesen, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Nakivo "The backbone to our virtualization infrastructure DR+BC Playbook.

Kommentare: From sales to support, the attention has been top-notch. Very attentive and quick to respond with quotes and resolutions. The application performance has exceeded our previous backup systems.

Rapid deployment: We use Synology NAS devices for backups. The ability to deploy the app directly on the NAS itself was a big win for us. We reduced the load on our hypervisors and have everything needed for recovery on one device.

A web UI refresh would be nice but that is just a matter of personal preference. A mobile app would be great.

Ed
IT Manager in USA
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Great support and always new features being added that I need

Kommentare: We got tired of the massive cost of renewals from our past backup software providers and decided to try Nakivo instead. They supported our need for Nutanix AHV, QNAP and Tape backups. I'm looking forward to trying the new PostgreSQL database option soon so that I can build my own reports.
Nakivo gets the job done and gets better with each version.

- We really like being able to create a backup copy from our Windows Backup server to a QNAP NAS for immutable backups over our WAN to another site. - Synthetic full backups make daily backups fast. - I like how fast I can restore a VM to Hyper-V, even if the backup was from Nutanix, and even if the backup storage is on my QNAP NAS.

- SQL Backups on Nutanix do not support hourly log backups like they do on Hyper-V, so we worked around that with an inexpensive tool called "SQL Backup Master". - No support for Microsoft SQL Server yet

Manuel
IT Technician in Italien
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Nakivo Backup & Replication TOP!

Kommentare: I use Nakivo Backup & Replication to backup 8 VMs which are distributed on 2 physical servers.
Daily backup is done on a different storage, I've do a restoration test of many files and these datas was restored without any problems.
It seems exceptional to me since I have had support from the technical team, something not seen in other products and this feature is UNIQUE!
The cost is also accessible and appropriate to the product, that is renewed year after year with new features and excellent user experience, always improved both in terms of speed and simplicity in its use.
Come on, go on like this!

The best feature in Nakivo is the VM backup. The VM backup is simple to deploy and the maintenance is very little. Nakivo Backup & Replication is very easy to use and configure.

Updates on Nakivo VA can do only via host but not via web GUI and in my case it was very slow. Could you please develop this thing?

Adminitrator in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Backup made easy

Kommentare: Overall my experience has been great and when I do have a problem their support is there to immediately help solve the problem.

The software ease of use is what really sold me on Nakivo. From day one it was easy to setup and within a few minutes I was backing up my first Esxi server. The VM replication is fast and I love the screenshot verification. Restoring a backup is just as easy and I've never had a backup restore job fail.

Overall the software is as perfect as you can get. Its allows me to confidently backup my servers with no issues.

Nadir

The best choice

This software is easy to setup and use. The price is competitive and can be afforded also in very little company or offices (SOHO) assuring security at low cost. The availability of the transporter module with most of NAS system (also SOHO) let the company work also with low cost devices. The option to have a flash VM boot reduces the RTO and the forever incremental backups (very fast) reduces the RPO.

No availability for Citrix XEN and a full screen interface (the calendar would be more readable).

Jeff
Mangaing Director in UK
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Solid, reliable and well performing backup solution for VMware and Hyper-V virtual environments

Kommentare: It has provided reliable backup system that has always restored successfully the few times it has needed to.

It provides regular backups for all of our VMs both to onsite and offsite repositories giving us great peace of mind. It can be installed on NAS devices providing a singular backup and storage solution.

Remote transporters often need to be manually updated when there is a version upgrade requiring some technical knowledge

Rohan
Operations Manager in Australien
Chemikalien, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

NAKIVO is a great all round solution that won't break the bank

Kommentare: Excellent overall experience. The Pro's far outweight the Cons. Especially as all of the Cons were related to my understanding and techincal proficiency with Linux. We migrated to NAKIVO from VEEAM and are glad we did. Overall it's easier to use than VEEAM

It's a low cost highly efficient backup of our VM server environment with file and disaster recovery. NAKIVO tech support is also excellent should you run into issues. As in they're fast to respond and their techs are highly efficient. In addition the later versions have a much more logical and intuitive GUI

Did have some issues getting my head around how to deploy it with their "Transporters". And I needed tech support to add a Linux based NAS as the repository. However in fairness, I'm not very good with Linux administration.

Paul
Systems Engineer in USA

Nakivo Backup is a great value for any SMB

Kommentare: Perpetual License, is my number 1 decisions to go with Nakivo. Nakivo does not require a lot of CPU/Memory and can be utilized on Synology backup solutions that do not include Active Backup for Business.

Other competitors' products are all subscription-based, whereas Nakivo is perpetual and packed with features found in enterprise backup solutions. Nakivo supports Hyper-V and ESXi without additional fees, and the enterprise version of Nakivo allows you to back up desktop workstations, encrypt backups, compress, duplicate, and back up to the cloud (google archive, wasabi, azure, aws.) The UI is simple and straight forward best of all Nakivo assigns a technician to provide you with training without additional costs. The software is intuitive and simple to pick up.

Downloading and applying the correct update for the system. I found it difficult and had to download multiple before landing on the correct update.

Rechtsberatung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Simple and easy to use backup solution

Kommentare: We made excellent experiences with the software and had to recover twice since introduction of the packages. Nakivo did the job just fine and letter let us down. Great package for the money asked for!

Installation as well as updating is simple and straightforward. The web interface allows simple access to all functions. Backup and Restore works like a charm and the messaging in case of failures makes checking status a breeze. I like the excellent rates for data compression allowing to use backup repository far beyond actual capacity.

Weird product policy for features in the different versions of the package - We are working with edition "Essentials Pro", which does all it needs to do, but the calendar view is disabled. Absolutely understand, that functions are limited to higher editions of package, but a calendar view of your jobs?!

Luca
System Enineering in Schweiz
Buchhaltung, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

NAKIVO Backup & Replication

It's great to see with a quick glance if any backup jobs have had an errors, any that have failed, r even ones that have completed successfully. We are yet to run into any issues with corrupt backups, or any issues whatsoever with recovering a file, a folder, or even an entire system.

The best feature in my opinion is the fact that Nakivo seems to handle an operating system, as well as any virtual desktops or servers whether vmWare or HyperV without so much as a hiccup. The fact that you can delve so much further into specific backups such as SQL servers / 0365 , where you can recover right down to the info your missing as opposed to entire databases is also a great feature.

Davide
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Flexible, easy to deploy and affordable.

Kommentare: I use Nakivo in the 95% of my customers. It's an excellent software.

Nakivo is an amazing software, flexible and easy to deploy. We use it in a lot of our customers IT infrastructures. The price is affordable for features in a virtual environment. The linux-based environment for the server and the transporters grant availability, efficiency and cost reduction.

Lack of some features, like surebackup with services check. The ETA is not accurate as well as the progress bar. Also the log and history can be improved.

Juan Pedro
CEO in Spanien

Nakivo, easy and useful

Kommentare: Totally satisfied. From the first moment it satisfies its ease of installation, fulfilling all expectations

Undoubtedly, the most remarkable thing is that being extremely simple to use, it more than covers all the needs of a company to ensure the continuity of its information systems. In addition, the ability to integrate with the most common database solutions makes it essential.

It is extremely easy, covering all the needs of the company in terms, backup & replication for business continuity

Friedhelm
Manager in Deutschland
Versicherung, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Small Insurance Broker users NAKIVO 9.0.0

Kommentare: We are a small privately owned insurance broker company and store our sensitive customer data in our own databases in our small WMWare server farm, which we operate on a physical standalone server. We operate 5 virtual machines, primarily a Windows Server 2016 Essentials domain controller including a file server, a Microsoft SQL server, an Ubuntu server and also two virtual Windows 10 PCs. We back up the virtual machines to a local Synology NAS using NAKIVO version 9.0.0. We save a NAKIVO backup copy to an external repository, which we temporarily integrate into the network. Once the data has been backed up, we store the external repository outside for disaster recovery reasons. Recovery tests were carried out successfully in a test environment. The solution can be operated by laypeople. We are satisfied with the price-performance ratio of the solution. With best regards Broker Service Friedhelm Jadischke, Sondershausen

Easy to install and configure, reliable, could be operated by laypeople.

Acqisition is a hassle, not relibale over WAN, no automated License Renewal

William
William
CEO in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

What to love about the Nakivo Enterprise Backup Appliance. From a seasoned network administrator

Kommentare: I learned about computers by custom building them back in 1994. Individually purchasing all the components, I needed, then assembling the system to my client’s wish’s. I was a big Microsoft Windows fan at that point. My how things have changed. I’m now a big open-source software fan. I don’t wish to delve into the advantages of open-source software vs Microsoft software at this point. You will eventually discover this on your own. What I do wish to discuss is an amazing enterprise backup solution I came across, while googling “best enterprise backup solutions” various reviews and recommendations appeared after my search. I filtered through the reviews and one product really stood out amongst the others. Now, let’s get to the “meat” of my point. Some of the other backup solutions would only function on a Microsoft operating system and not on an open-source OS. Strike One! Some of the other backup solutions did not offer any virtualization appliance installation options. Strike Two! And after downloading and importing Nakivo’s Backup appliance into VirtualBox and having it up and running in under 15 minutes! Strike Three! All others are out!

It can run as a Virtual Appliance. The appliance is a Linux OS. Administrators can have it up and running and preforming backups in under 15 minutes. File level restore. Many other reasons to implement this backup solution in your environment. Install the free trial to discover for yourself.

I actually could not find any short comings while using the Nakivo Backup Appliance. It certainly makes your life as a network administrator so much better! That's definitely NOT a Con! lol

CTO in USA
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

NAKIVO rivals VEEM and others. We say NAKIVO wins

Kommentare: We were introduced to NAKIVO 2 years ago when we were searching for a lower cost entry point for virtualization backup. we were pleasantly surprised with the NAKIVO product. Since then, the NAKIVO features have grown and we regularly find ourselves recommending our clients move from their current solutions like VEEM and Symantec vault, to NAKIVO saving a ton of money and giving a much easier to use interface to the end users. We highly recommend NAKIVO to our clients and recommend you take a moment to review as well Michael Stokes, CTO
stokesTechnologies, inc.

same end results as using more expensive products like VEEM, price point significantly less, and the user interface much easier to understand. Flexible integration with other storage devices and operating systems

they are continuing to add more features rivaling the bigger companies. I say they're just about there and I don't really have a negative thing to say about the product