Filtern nach:

Über Cerebral

Überwache deine Mitarbeiter unternehmensweit – unabhängig davon, ob sie im Büro oder unterwegs sind oder aus der Ferne arbeiten.

Erfahre mehr über Cerebral

Jim H.
Jim H.
CEO, Insider Threat Program Development-Management Training Course Instructor in USA
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Veriato Recon Review

Kommentare: Veriato solutions are excellent products for detecting and mitigating employee threats.

The software is very affordable compared to similar products on the market that are quite expensive. The user interface is easy to navigate, and the information provided on potential employee threats is outstanding. I provide training and consulting services related to Insider Threat Programs, and Insider Threat Mitigation (www.insiderthreatdefense.us). I have recommended Veriato Recon and Veriato 360 to my 500+ clients. Many have purchased Veriato products and are quite please with both products.

I cant find anything I don't like about Veriato products. As part of my consulting for my clients, I review various employee threat detection tools and make recommendations. Veriato products are my # 1 recommendation to my clients.

IT & Software Devel. in USA

Good comprehensive monitoring

Kommentare: While the initial motivation for installing this system was to get evidence of an employee exfiltrating company data, we use it most often to ensure that people are being productive and not doing unauthorized things. We had a ransomware infection incident a couple years ago, and Veriato 360 captured the source of the user action that started it, recording his opening of a junk email and clicking through two subsequent warnings before launching the infected attachment. That information was priceless. As an software developer of internal applications, I have also used it to investigate bug reports from users. On a couple of occasions, users swore they did something one way but the screen shots and keystroke logs said otherwise. Objective evidence has saved me a lot of time fixing something that wasn't broken. As I described in my "like least" list, the recorder sometimes stops getting web site data. By recording multiple data streams, you can get what you need even if some data is not available (e.g., if web site recording is not present, window titles will probably let you find what you are looking for, and screen shots show what the user saw; if "Online Searches" data is not recorded, keystrokes into the browser can provide the data). There are tons of features that I have not used. It can send alerts on keywords detected in the data. It can display graphs of usage sliced in different ways. There is a recorder for Mac. I can't comment on how well they work.

Veriato 360 can capture just about any information you can think of from user sessions - web sites visited, emails, instant messages and chat, files transferred and printed, keystrokes, and screen shots, and network data summaries. - It is easy enough to navigate, even if you don't use the system that often. - It can export data to spreadsheets, text, html, and xml files for further analysis. - It can block selected web sites. - Captures all monitors in screen shots - Client systems can buffer up data for weeks while they are out of contact with the server (or when the server is down), e.g. remote laptops and systems that only connect by VPN once in a while. - Operation is generally invisible to users if you want it to be stealthy. - Tech support is helpful. - Users can be created to allow limited access to browse the collected data, for example to let managers review their assigned employees.

It takes a fair amount of effort to keep the system working. - Frequent client recorder updates are required to keep pace with web browser updates. When browser updates get ahead of the corresponding Veriato updates, web site recording stops. - Updates are often trapped by anti virus software like Windows Defender until IT staff updates the exclusion lists and deploys them (e.g. by group policy). We have to do that ourselves. - The system sometimes fails to start all the services required to collect data from the client systems, and getting it working again may take fiddling with service start delays and calls to tech support. At least the client systems buffer a lot and tech support is reasonably responsive. I have to periodically check that the system is working. - The amount of history you can record is limited by what fits in a SQL Server Express database (10G; screens shots are stored as separate files) unless you have or buy a SQL Server license. - Sometimes the recorder drastically affects client programs. We have had to disable email recording on only one or two systems where Thunderbird suddenly became unusably slow. On dozens of other systems it works fine - go figure. We had one conflict with a camera application that had to be resolved by sending a camera and software to Veriato so they could observe the problem and develop a fix. - No Linux support. Microsoft's Windows 10 updates have been so unreliable this year that I'd love to switch, but I need recording...

Alexander A.
It Manager in USA
Konsumgüter, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great features, painful to use

Kommentare: The features presented by Veriato are great but some work and some don't at random. Be ready to go through a painful process. I loved the idea of installing clients over network for after hours but found that a large percentage fail or worse, completely mess the OS on the machines. I had this happen on the laptop of a Director for the company... not the greatest of times. Now I'm afraid to install the clients on machines. Another issue is licensing, you cannot change a computer name without having to re-install the client, this uses yet another license. You cannot reclaim licenses yourself, you actually have to call in their support and given them the specific names for the licenses you want to reclaim, Painful. If they worked these and more issues, the premise of the software is great. I hope that they work out all these issues out to have a product that lives to its full potential. I do want to point out that I use On-premise instead of their online offering, maybe their cloud service has less issues.

It is loaded with a lot of features , On-Premise solves my concern with data security.

It is painful to use, have to dig through tons of reports to get what you need. GUI not user-friendly and not intuitive at all. Installing on clients over network is a hit or miss and pretty much requires you to cross your fingers.

Founder in USA
Krankenhausversorgung & Gesundheitswesen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Was a Great software when it was spectorsoft, terrible now.

Kommentare: Does NOT work as described. Described functioning of software is ALL IN THEORY. I've called to help with setup more than once before I gave up. They take you through a few steps, and tell you what to do for the next few because they are impatient to help through the whole setup. When setup fails you call back and same process. That's happened 4 times before I gave up. 2 year license I still can't get working. -- Each time you call up the tech is VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE (I'll give them that), but they get off the phone once you wake them up from sleep (TWICE it sounded like they just rolled out of bed and were walking through the house, doors closing etc..) and with all that my system is still not working. After 2017 I decided not to renew because of the setup issues (never worked) and I was convinced again by sales they would help with entire setup, I shouldn't have issues, I'm sorry, etc.. 2018, same problem 4 calls to tech support setup. still not working on ANY system (we have 4 PCs to monitor in our office). BTW, they have to call you back for support, It hasn't been convenient to continue on to a 5th tech. We have used the old version spectorsoft for years, hate the new one. be warned.

the features of the software are still there, In THEORY, the features are great for a networked office, it attempts to work correctly, it logs just about everything.

sales - excellent they will work a million ways and contact you the same amount of time till you make payment. software setup - terrible! beyond terrible. customer support for setup - worse..

IT Director/Facilites Manager in USA
Personalwesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Veriato 360

Kommentare: I really like the alerts based on behavior anomolies. Something hard to track without consistent user data.

Very feature-rich, excellent support. Alerts based on behavior anomolies, keywords, data movement, malicious program, and many more. Screenshots are viewable for all users. Very robust product.

Older versions have had recorders fail on us. Not easily deployed remotely.

CTO System Engineering in USA
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Great product, exceeded expectations, already recommended to another local gov agency

Kommentare: We got the referral from another local Town government who was having a similar problem. They had indicated that once they were able to confirm what was going on, the problem immediately stopped on Town owned PC's. Our overall experience with Veriato 360 was very good and solved the immediate problem we had and we will continue to use.

It did exactly what we were hoping for in that it captured screen shots. What we thought was a 1 person problem was more prevalent.

After an update, we had to re-install the client software and fix. This prompted a call to support to fix the licensing. The issue exposed the software to the crew using the target PC's.

Firm Administrator & IT Director in USA
Anwaltskanzlei, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

IT Director

Kommentare: Being a legal environment we need to have full PCI compliance for our various clients. Cariat0 360 allows us to check the box for this need

It does capture what need to satisfy our compliance needs

Hard to setup and get configured. Requires a lot of maintenance to maintain.

Senior Director/Dean - TROY Online Student Services in USA
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Veriato 360

Kommentare: We use the product in our testing center for the University. We are able to document aberrant behavior that violates University guidelines. We have used the documentation and reports from the system to base major University decisions regarding expulsion of students from academic programs.

It is the perfect solution for a testing center. We can very easily determine if a student deviated from their testing requirements and did not follow instructions. With the reports from Veriato 360 we are able to prove our case when a professor is in need of documentation.

It is a little hard to configure and does require some IT expertise.

Steven S.
Steven S.
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Veriato

Best software for monitoring PCs You can get a clear picture of exactly what your employees are doing on their PCs

Not so easy to deploy Antivirus eats up the software. you need to keep the software up to date.

Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Great for Security and establishing Trends

Kommentare: Great at establishing Trends with Employees

Powerful and easy to install. It takes sometime to get up to speed on all of the functions of the software

Updates can be technical and time consuming

Karen H.
Office Manager in USA
Medizinische Praxis, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Very useful product that saved our small business money in the long run

Kommentare: We are a small business and we used Workplace Monitor to view the activity of one employee who was suspected of spending a lot of non work related time on the internet while complaining that she was overloaded with work and could not keep up. This software helped us get to the truth which saved us from hiring unnecessary extra staff which would have been a financial hardship for us. It also saved us from paying overtime to an employee for "working through lunch" who was actually sitting at her desk during lunch playing computer games and shopping on Amazon. We do not have a rigid environment and don't prohibit employees from using the internet for personal use, as we realize that is unavoidable in today's world. But sometimes it becomes necessary to determine whether an employee is abusing the privilege and costing the company. It's great to have a solution like Veriato for those times so that we can get concrete evidence rather than accusing someone without 100% certainty.

The software wasn't picked up by the virus protection software, and we were able to monitor the activity from a separate computer rather than having to go to the computer being monitored to view the activity. There was a report that gave the total amount of internet usage per day and broke it down by the total time on each website which made it quick and easy to get an accurate assessment of the time being spent on non work related internet usage. When the computer being monitored was broken, customer service was helpful and assisted us in moving our license to a new computer.

I believe we were only able to monitor activity on one browser (Internet Explorer?), which worked fine in our case, but could be an issue if an employee uses multiple browsers.

Information Security Officer in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Great software in a corporate environement

Kommentare: I am extremely happy with this product and the data that it provides, and I would recommend this to anyone in a corporate environment.

This software eliminates any question as to what the employee is doing on his/her computer. Since it records the screens, chats, emails, keystrokes typed, websites visited, and network traffic, it's a manager's dream. It even records locally on the hard drive while the devices are off the network. We have uncovered a wide variety of policy violations and crimes by utilizing this software, and the validity of the reports has never been questioned.

The data files take up quite a bit of space over time and database maintenance is a bit difficult until you get the hang of it. I run about 20 investigations at a time, so getting rid of old data files is critical on smaller servers. Remote and covert installation can be difficult at times, but once it's running, you don't have to do anything except review the results.

Samuel B.
IT Systems Administrator in USA
Fluggesellschaften/Luftfahrt, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

It Does The Basics

Kommentare: Overall, it's been reliable. I think there's probably work to be done regarding the e-mail and internet browsing capturing.

For the most part, the software captures what I'm looking for especially the screen captures. I also like the flexibility to see a wide range of data and the various ways I have to view the data captured. The reporting is also an added bonus.

Recently I've had the most trouble with capturing e-mail and internet browsing. I've also had issues where the software is working one day, and for no known reason, it just stops working requiring me to reinstall the agent. Granted, I'm not running the latest/greatest version of the Server nor client packages, but I still would expect it to be more stable.

Russell M.
Sr. Network Administrator in USA
Grundschul- & Sekundarbildung, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

More than I expected

Kommentare: Monitoring and securing our Districts network

When we got Veriato 360, we were mostly looking to post incident reporting when people misuse our computers or network. It does that, really well. I was surprised, and find more useful, all the other things it does. It summarizes all things going on in your network in an easy to read and understand way. We use it all the time when we plan our budget. It tells us what programs and websites people use and how much they use them. It really can put in perspective what you should be spending your money on or improving.

It does not run on enough platforms. They really need an agent of some kind for iphones/android/chrome books.

Kai L.
IT Administrator in USA
Pharmazeutika, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Veriato 360 Review

Veriato 360 is easy to set up and the user interfaces are very user-friendly. It records user activities and notifies the administrator when an event has been caught. This is a great employee monitoring software I think every company should have as parts of their security plan.

One of the issues I have is to access archived screenshots. It seems to only keep the recorded data up to a certain time period. I am also having lots of trouble with built-in anti-malware in the Windows 10. It will report Veriato 360 as a malware every time the monthly update applies.

Brian E.
Chief Information Security Officer in USA
Staatsverwaltung, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Veriato brings the truth to light.

Kommentare: We have been using Veriato for a few years now, having initially invested under its previous name. We have leveraged the tool to investigate suspected employee misuse of resources, with has resulted in both confirmation of suspicions of misuse as well as exoneration for those wrongly accused. I see this as a significant win in that this software pulls back the shroud of uncertainty and exposes the simple truth, enabling management to make decisions based on unbiased factual evidence.

In recent improvements to the software, I have noticed a much more intuitive deployment process. The fine-grained configuration capabilities are a great benefit in that we can really focus in on the context of interest for information gathering, allowing focused review of the employee being monitored by reducing the "noise" of unnecessary data being collected.

System alerts in the management console are unclear at times, leading to significant time wasted trying to resolve the issue.

David S.
CIO in USA

VERIATO 360

Kommentare: WE HAVE USED VERIATO FOR ALMOST 10 YEARS AND IT HAS HELPED IN A LOT OF CASES AND ALLOWS CALL CENTER MONITORING.

THIS SOFTWARE-VERIATO 360 ALLOWS YO TO VIEW A USER'S ACTIONS IN REAL TIME AND VIDEO LIKE OU ARE SITTING THERE.

THE SOFTWARE DOES NOT GRAB OUTLOOK DATA IF YOU USE GSUIT OUTLOOK CONNECTOR SOFTWARE FROM GOOGLE. SO YO HAVE TO WATCH THE VIDEO.

David W.
Owner / President in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Veriato 360 - an IT Pro Perspective

Kommentare: Two of my clients wanted to monitor internet usage on their front desk (dental offices) in particular. We had used a SpectreSoft product to monitor usage prior to that and this was the successor product. In many ways I liked the Spectre program better but it was not centrally managed and it was much more expensive per PC.

The software is pretty comprehensive in what it captures and is fairly easy to navigate the logs by machine.

It is difficult to load with existing antivirus or antimalware software. You have to be really on your toes and get everything turned off or your AV will kill off the program and the various files which need to be exceptions. As I recall, I think it loads everything in one folder and you can exclude that folder in your AV. At first, I thought you had to put each individual file into the exception list and that was cumbersome. But I chaulk that up to inexperience. My second client which used it went much smoother.

James H.
Network Administrator in USA

Features and functionality that you didn't even know you wanted!

Kommentare: Overall Veriato Recon has offered us more capability than we even knew existed at the outset of the project. It fulfills our requirement of keeping confidential data secure.

The thing I like most about Veriato is the comprehensive features included. When reviewing a software for remotely monitoring our users, we had in mind that we only wanted to have a record of files that they were accessing or copying. In our first demo of Veriato, we were surprised to see the "DVR-like" functionality of being to watch a user's activity every step of the way from opening a share, copying a file, sending messages, attaching that file, etc. The fact that it records all of these screenshots and keeps such a small footprint is great.

The initial installation and setup was a bit of a challenge. We needed our Veriato server to be accessible publicly for external clients and also had to take some extra time to make sure our Antivirus did not interfere with the client software.

Shadouh L.
Rechtsberatung, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

User and Admin Friendly

Kommentare: Our business uses it daily to measure employee productivity as well as making sure no attorney client privilege is broken.

I like that we spend less time training first time users because it is easy to use as well as easy to maintain.

I wish it is easier to use with office 365 so we can collaborate it with the software

Larry G.
IT in USA
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Veriato 360 does what it promises, but isn't cheap and takes time to learn

Kommentare: We have prevented employee theft and been able to find wasted time.

Captures everything, so we have a very comprehensive log of what's been done on any of our PCs

It's not terribly user friendly. The interface takes a lot of getting used to and practice to navigate.

Todd L.
President in USA

Getting Better All the Time...

I haven't used this software since version 8.5. Wow!! Lot's of improvements and it sounds like many more are in the pipeline to be delivered shortly. Things are laid out better (more logical) and the machine name licensing issue is finally being addressed. Pushing out to clients is vastly improved as well. The documentation is much better and the inclusion of help links throughout the product is much appreciated. Keep up the good work!!

The machine name licensing issue... but I understand that is being re-worked so I okay with it since I know it is being addressed.

Eric K.
IT Management in USA

Longtime user

Kommentare: Has been good for pinpointing my client's employees non compliant pc use.

I like what it can do and the information it can collect.

network version is a resource hog on the server and difficult to create exceptions for our managed antivirus software (Webroot)

Phillipp O.
I.T Technician in USA

A superb product for vigilant management staff

Kommentare: We are a MSP and provide this solution to multiple of our clients. All of them (after the initial deployment) are very happy with the results and the data it provides to increase productivity and audit their daily operations.

Ease of use and the ability to provide our clients with portal access. For most users the simple functions of the software are easily reachable and the data is displayed in a manner that is intuitive and understood without high-level I.T knowledge. Once the software is deployed the management console is easy to use and low-impact.

Initial setup can be tedious in regards to getting all of the recorders deployed. We've used this multiple times and each time there has been some sort of complication that makes the wizard impossible to use for a complete deployement. (WMI and the like.) Luckily there are work-arounds and when you work with the support they are eager to assist and resolve any issues you run into.

Steve S.
Bau, 11-50 Mitarbeiter

Quality Product that does exactly what is advertised

Kommentare: An ability to easily and unobtrusively monitor the actions of employees. Also, an easier means to block sites that we do not want frequented by our employees.

Once setup it is easy for HR to review the items they want without assistance. Program does not affect the performance of the clients being monitored. Technical support is fantastic when an issue does arise.

Getting clients configured the first time for the program can be frustrating. Getting Veriato 360 to work with AVG can be difficult. Difficulty pushing updates to computers not directly tied to domain; therefore, not always advantageous to have the latest updates.