Über Firebase

Software, die Entwicklern sofortige Nachrichtenausrichtung, angepassten Benachrichtigungsinhalt und unbegrenzte Berichterstattung von Ereignissen bietet.

Erfahre mehr über Firebase

Javier A.
Senior UX designer
Computer-Software, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 28.4.2020

"Inmensely value service for a startup"

Kommentare: In general, I am extremely happy with Firebase as it has given me almost ever resource I needed to build my app.

Vorteile: Firebase provides almost everything a startyp would need to build a cloud based application. A instantly syncing nosql database, user auth, static hosting and cloud storage, among other things. And you can us all of this stuff for free until you reach certain usage tiers. It's a startup's dev team dream made true

Nachteile: There are a few cons. When it was bought by Google, all the software libraries were updated considerably. And older versions stopped being supported in a matter of weeks. We were forced to to change all our data access code to adapt to the new libraries. It was very abusive from my point of view. Another con is some of the support people at Firebase are really arrogant and fail to understand that their customer can have widely different needs and use cases from what they assume.

• Bewertet am 28.4.2020
  • Bewertet am 19.11.2019

"Firebase as a Startup Oriented Cloud Service"

Kommentare: I have successfully kickstarted a few of my businesses and projects thanks to Firebase. I love how easy it is to setup Hosting, Database and Cloud Functions. However, some further advanced setting more suitable for high traffic application is still not effective.

Vorteile: I love how easy to use Google Firebase is. My business managed to setup our application to production within a month thanks for the super detailed documentation. The price for a Blaze Pay-as-you-go option is also acceptable for startup and small business alike.

Nachteile: I think Firebase still lacking heavy-duty functions in their line of services. Compared to other competition like AWS and Azure, Firebase is a tone-down version of their Google Cloud Service with a lot less flexibility like Load Balancing, Server hardware configuration,... etc. Still enough for small scale business in my opinion.

• Bewertet am 19.11.2019
Student
Computer-Software, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 8.4.2020

"The best cloud database"

Kommentare: I have been using it since my time in college and have always preferred it for any project that requires a database to this day. It's way better than SQL and offers much more!

Vorteile: The ease of use and scalability is the best feature of Firebase. It was easy to train the team on it and they started using it within a week. We were able to run a heavy application with no delay in response time.

Nachteile: It may get costly to use when used in an enterprise. If not monitored properly, it may drain your finances and that can be a major hit to the project.

• Bewertet am 8.4.2020
Melvin L.
Media manager
  • Bewertet am 6.12.2019

"Good for Hobbyists - Product in infancy"

Kommentare: This was good because the client then didn't want to pay for an SDK tracking.
However in terms of usability and scaling for larger, business campaigns, this is not recommended.
If you're a hobbyist delving into apps and SDKs for fun, this is a great platform.

Vorteile: It's free and a good introduction to SDK, environments and requirements.
It also is great if you're on the google stack, as it easily imports into other ad buying platforms like google ads, which is great.
Has some integrations with networks, which also is great since it's also free for use

Nachteile: Highly limited support - don't expect to get any.
If you're on the free plan, very limited functionality. You can't even get CSV user reports. Everything is on and limited by the UI. This apparently changes if you're on paid, but the free experience not the best.
No integration to other competitors like Facebook,etc

• Bewertet am 6.12.2019
Dominic R.
Systems Architect / Senior Consultant
  • Bewertet am 19.5.2019

"Great for what it's good at"

Kommentare: Once you understand what Firebase can provide for you, it's simple to use and extremely powerful. Learning is easy since Google has done all kinds of tutorials ans sample apps to show you what it can do.

Vorteile: Firebase is simple to use and make make developing modern web apps incredibly powerful. Realtime database with asynchronous data syncing was a godsend for developing a work order management app where multiple users could be updating the same records simultaneously.

Nachteile: This is not a traditional database. I hesitate to call this a "con" because it's not what it is designed to be, but for Firebase beginners that might be attempting to migrate from a SQL-based understanding to a modern "web db", it can be a little confusing. However, there are ample resources to help you learn.

• Bewertet am 19.5.2019
Tung F.
iOS Developer
  • Bewertet am 18.7.2019

"Good but can be MUCH better"

Vorteile: - good documentation
- easy to integrate
- nice videos with explanations

Nachteile: Please add features:
- error reporting (like crashlytics had). not crash reporting but specifically error reporting. something similar to events reporting but for errors.
- the UX of events and parameters is super hard in the Analytics section. please improve the UX there
- i think the best thing crashlytics had but you didn't implement is the every day emails that are sent to the mailbox with stats on your app (analytics stats but not crash reports)

• Bewertet am 18.7.2019
Sardar U.
Web Developer
  • Bewertet am 2.1.2020

"Firebase Review"

Kommentare: I created a mobile app ( not published ) in which I used the firebase realtime database, storage, analytics, push notifications and serverless functions with react-native. It was a little tricky but in the end, the whole project worked fine and I was pleased to use this awesome platform.

Vorteile: - A good user interface.
- It provides most of the google features in one place which will help anyone to develop a good application.
- The realtime database is the one that a mobile app developer would like the most
- The Serverless Functions saves a lot of time and are triggered automatically and saves the cost of setting up a server.

Nachteile: - Goes too costly when choosing a Blaze Plan for mobile phone authentication
- Difficult for a newbie to get started.
- Needs complex knowledge to use all its features such as storage and serverless functions.

• Bewertet am 2.1.2020
Timothy T.
Frontend Developer
Internet, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 29.2.2020

"I love Firebase! By far the easiest hosting service"

Kommentare: I switched from Netlify to Firebase and the difference was night and day. While Netlify was super slow to serve images (sometimes taking over 1 minute for an image that was 300kb!), Firebase has been blazing fast and I'll be using it for all my smaller side projects

Vorteile: - Super easy to deploy to the server (much better than AWS in this)
- Great, easy to use UI and advanced features
- Very quick to serve images (better than Netlify), even on the free tier
- Excellent for smaller side projects that don't need a global CDN.

Nachteile: - The DB editing UI could be better (no option to duplicate object, etc)
- Hosting is located in the US, which might be an issue if you need a global CDN.
Besides that, I don't think I have any complaints. As a developer, it's been great.

• Bewertet am 29.2.2020
Dilraj S.
Sr. Software Developer
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 23.2.2020

"Great tool for app development"

Kommentare: Overall great software for building the applications and using them as per your requirements. Push notifications from firebase have been made so easy to use for application.

Vorteile: The documentation provided by the firebase for the APIs available to us is really good and helps you get started in development of your applications. Triggering app notifications from firebase has been made really easy from backend by using the firebase APIs and modules based on them.

Nachteile: Nothing much to not like, just that starting the implementation from documentation can be a bit daunting, but you get the first implementation out, all other implementations are really easy after that.

• Bewertet am 23.2.2020
Likhwa m. M.
Software Developer
  • Bewertet am 13.5.2020

"A reliable backend for my mobile apps"

Kommentare: Firebase helps manage my app's database and it has helped me learn even more. I find it fairly easy to use and I highly recommend it

Vorteile: I like that I can use firebase to host my app's database, storage and authentication. It also provides useful analytics which make decision making easy. I can also just numerous apps and I do not have to pay until my apps grow.

Nachteile: I struggled to find out how some of the features work. I would also like to be able to export my users' emails but firebase has no way of doing that if you arent much of a programmer

• Bewertet am 13.5.2020
Haymon N.
Computer-Software, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 27.4.2019

"My Quick Review for Firebase From My Experience"

Kommentare: Setup, configuration, and implementation was quite intuitive and developer-friendly with Firebase. In my case, I created my own free Firebase account. This was great since for my case, I only had a few active users and Google has a 'free tier' where it supports up to 15k daily users. Any more than that, Google will charge a monthly fee. From there, I just had to include a script in my app that you just copy from the Firebase Console that Google provides (depends on your app and tech stack, but for me, I was using the JavaScript programming language and Facebook's ReactNative), which is responsible for initializing Firebase for your app. From there, you can just start using the Firebase API and making calls to it. For my case, I was using their real-time database (stored in JSON format) - the documentation was very nice and simple, and I was able to store the chat messages and retrieve the chat messages fast. In the Console, there's a nice UI for checking up on the database usage as well, which provides stats for connections, amount of data storage used, bandwidth, and load - all based on your set time period. In terms of authentication, Firebase supports a large variety of user sign-in methods for your app. For my case, I just used an 'anonymous' configuration for my sign-in provider. However, Firebase supports many more such as email/password, phone, Google, Facebook, Twitter, and GitHub. Overall, I would highly recommend working with Firebase!

Vorteile: Firebase can be a great choice for your project or work when building apps. In quick summary, Firebase provides a mBaaS (mobile-Backend-as-a-Service), which in turns helps eliminate the headache for the developer and saves a bunch of time. What may take weeks or months to setup, configure, and possibly more to pay for the infrastructure and hardware - now you can use mBaaS for your app, and get up and running much faster. Now, for my needs, I was trying to build a real-time chat app for my own personal use, mainly just for me and possibly other family members to use (own chat room). Long story short, I was looking for possible ways of implementation here technically, and naturally, a local database for each app would not necessarily be the best decision or suffice - let alone work. I had to work with some sort of remote database in the cloud to store the chat messages. I had many choices to choose from here, including utilizing options available from Amazon (AWS), Microsoft (Azure), Facebook (Parse) and many many more. However, I stumbled across Firebase by Google and decided to go with it. I respect the Google brand and their reputation, and overall, it was a good choice and it worked out nicely. All of the documentation was great and very simple to use/edit.

Nachteile: From what I can recall I only encountered one small hiccup where I had to go into the Firebase Console and edit my real-time database security rules (essentially, just a simple JSON configuration file) to improve performance. I can't really come up with many if not any cons at all. I guess you can say that you are going to be reliant on Google/Firebase as part of your tech stack down the road and if anything comes up in the foreseeable future, then that may pose issues. Other than that, it's either you home-brew your own custom hardware and infrastructure or just go with a great mBaaS.

• Bewertet am 27.4.2019
Kudzayi T.
Mobile Application Developer
Medienproduktion, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 18.10.2018

"Google Firebase review."

Kommentare: Firebase has helped me to develop my mobile applications at a very cheap price. Sometimes I hardly pay a cent. I do not need to have a server, create a database, get a domain, air-conditioning for servers, physical space and hire an IT expert to maintain these components. Firebase does all these things for free. Also I get information on the demographics of my users, their locations, amount of time they spend doing an activity and the time they spend on my mobile applications. I can now know what needs adjusting and whats working completely find. I also get crash reports and also push notifications.

Vorteile: Firebase has 3 plans, there is a free plan which is the Spark Plan, a Flame Plan which has a fixed fee and a Blaze Plan which is a pay as you use. Firebase is an online database facility, it helps to lower the costs of operating an mobile application or a website. It also provides database functions, such as push notifications which would require an experienced coder. It is easy to use if you have basic coding skills. There are free online Firebase tutorials on how to use it and integrate it into your application. It also provides analytics facility which produces statistics on the data you produce, how it is accessed, device locations and models. This aids in knowing target audiences. Also authentication functions are used, this helps in signup, login and also other login functions such as Facebook, Twitter and Google.

Nachteile: Coding skills such as Java, JavaScript, Kotlin and even Python are required. The Blaze Plan can run up costs if coder fails to efficiently produce programming codes that resend requests to Firebase database. Example is retrieving data such as username multiple times, which should have been done only once. Tutorials provides basic information. You might need to go to other sources to find solutions to coding problems. This places are Google Books on Firebase, YouTube, GitHub, online forums and freelance coder websites.

• Bewertet am 18.10.2018
Student
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 5.10.2018

"Firebase as a go to cloud backend"

Kommentare: To sum up, Firebase is a great and simple tool for complex cloud backends. Especially the ease of use, the fact that the basic rate is free and the platform support is strong makes Firebase a no-brainer for simple or even more complex projects.

Vorteile: In my experience as a self-taught Android and web developer, I have started using Firebase as a cloud backend for my projects. It is a versatile tool for lots of different problems you might encounter by developing a product. For my projects, Firebase always had the tools I needed in order to create what I imagined - everything from (Google-)logins, to databases, notification management and crash reporting. And in all these cases Firebase just worked! The few times I had to face errors, I was able to resolve problems easily and quickly by using the Firebase documentation or online communities. The incredible userbase Firebase offers also makes it very easy to find tutorials, help or other advice online.
Furthermore, the platform support of Firebase is very good, it supports Android, iOS and the Web and additionally offers C++ and Unity in some cases.
The prices of the Firebase tools are also very reasonable, most of them start for free and if used heavily they scale perfectly - in my opinion nobody should be disappointed by them.

Nachteile: Actually, there are no upsetting cons I went through in the time I have used Firebase. The Android Studio help dialogue is sometimes outdated which forced me to use the website for code examples. Additionally, I sometimes experienced a problem regarding the database syncing on Android devices, which cloud by solved by switching to the improved Cloud Firestore database.

• Bewertet am 5.10.2018
Timothy W.
Lead Software Engineer
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 28.1.2019

"Firebase for Real-Time technologies"

Kommentare: We are using Firebase to track users real-time and allow administrators to view user interaction. Administrators can then send messages or notifications to individual users. It is similar to a Live Chat application, but more one-way in that users actions are sent to administrators, and administrators can react if they need to. The setup definitely took time, and we got caught by surprise at our first bill. We were sending too much data through the system. We realized that we needed to create a Pub/Sub system where users and admins watch a flag in their data. Once there was an administrator online to send data to, who wanted to see that data, only then would data be sent. Implementing this system cut our monthly bill by 75% or more. We are happy with the platform and will continue to use it for the meantime. We will always evaluate other platforms, but we have found that none can really do everything we want out of the box, and all require some tweaking to get the product working the way we would like.

Vorteile: Firebase is a well-known and well-liked real-time database that is hosted now by Google. They have been around for a very long time and have always had excellent uptime. They provide real-time data for all users of an application, meaning chats, notifications, or just tracking can all be done live on the website without needing people to reload.

Nachteile: Firebase does have a bit of a learning curve. It is not a simple Pub/Sub system, but an actual database that lives in the cloud. The documentation is mediocre, but that is probably because they are trying to provide documentation for dozens of scenarios and languages. The access control rules are fairly complex and required to ensure data remains secure, but they are not easy to set up. This product does require someone competent to integrate it or build off of it.

• Bewertet am 28.1.2019
Senior UX Designer
  • Bewertet am 25.10.2017

"Firebase literally changed me from a designer/frontend developer to a full-app developer."

Kommentare: I love firebase because it enabled me to quickly feel like I am a full-stack developer. I've made multiple full-featured applications because I had firebase.

Vorteile: I love the speed, direction and ease of use with Firebase. Now that cloud functions integrate tightly and together with learning Angular I am able to build full-featured apps in SO MUCH LESS time. I even build apps just for my family because it's fast and fun. It has taken me from being a front-end developer to a full-stack developer in all reality. I love the integrated nature with hosting, deploying, storage, account management and cloud functions. I have a large web application that is headed to beta soon and the whole app front-end, backend etc... (except Elastic Search) is in one project and one place.

Nachteile: It would be great if email notifications were baked in. I Also would like to customize reset password email templates more. It would be great as well if there were a full-featured mac/pc client to access the database. Lastly some sort of tightly backed in search indexing (preferably based on elastic search) would be great, although this is not hard to do with Searchly and a quick indexing cloud function.

• Bewertet am 25.10.2017
Angel A.
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 12.7.2019

"The do it all google cloud platform solution"

Kommentare: Overall it is an almost perfect solution for web applications with minimal work for a backend in a managed environment.

Vorteile: Multi site hosting is probably the best feature, allowing you to have several applications hosted, mapped to different domains.
Also having firebase functions configurations is very useful to change settings on the fly.
All of this works very easily with other google services like google big query or pub/sub.
The pricing is also very cheap. Even for just a simple test app with limited calls its free.

Nachteile: Some of the settings for uploading multi hosting is a confusing json file and the documentation about it is not very clear.

• Bewertet am 12.7.2019
Palla B.
Solaris System Administrator
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 22.12.2018

"support from firebase"

Vorteile: if someone make app and want to link with all users who downloaded and using it its great way to connect with your users and reply to them and posting about latest updates,news everthing you want to tell your users,lot of options i noticed lately,so mnay options acctually inside this software and great support from firebase also.firebase will work as abridge between you and users,you can edit whenever you want and update also.and addtional piont is google will update this platform regularly so you can add more featurse.thanks to firebase because i made an app with the help of firebase and running succesfully

Nachteile: some features you cant understand in firebase because you need basic coding knowledge.if some new to this he will deffenetly scare with this thing .if firebase gives some additional knowledge about how to use new features then he will undersstand how to add it.any body link thier app with firebase they have send the instructions to every user who are signed with firebase.you can get a lot of videos on firebase but everybody not a specialists in app making. i personally feel if less coding will helpful for the appmakers

• Bewertet am 22.12.2018
Gordon S.
  • Bewertet am 28.3.2018

"This is the absolute best real time database ever created."

Kommentare: This is the best software for all developers be it mobile, web or desktop based applications. Its is very easy to use and understand and it outputs the best results. This is best software to use when it comes to back-end development. I would highly recommend it to all developers.

Vorteile: Firebase is a very responsive. Uploaded data is pushed to client devices in real time, this saves a lot of time and resources.
Offline client devices are updated on uploaded data once they go back online.
Data is structured in a simple understandable manner.
The free version of the software is as good as premium versions.

Nachteile: In data structures, the developer cannot nest data in more than 4 levels without running into multiple issues on retrieving the data.
There are limitations on number of simultaneous connections when it comes to the free version.
For the free version there are also limitations on making external queries, hence filtering the data from the server side becomes an issue.

• Bewertet am 28.3.2018
Game Developer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 23.10.2018

"One of the best Cloud platform for developers"

Vorteile: It has realtime database, cloud storage, different type of authentication, ML kit and hosting. Among those i used realtime database, storage and authentication for my Mobile Application. They are easy to use. just in couple of line of codes the cloud database can be easily created. Even i used their hosting service to host one of my website, to host ur website u dont have to copy or paste ur code anywhere else just by using your command prompt or terminal you can deploy your code in Firebase and instantly your site will be online. You can deploy a new version of your code, even if u want to go to previous version of the website its just a click away.

Nachteile: Even though the it has great features and easy to use functionality the pricing of the platform is very high. And it not suitable a common person it was fully dedicated to be used by a developer.

• Bewertet am 23.10.2018
Pablo R.
  • Bewertet am 12.3.2019

"Amazing to create your products"

Kommentare: So far so good, no problems, just choose the right tool for each job.

Vorteile: Firebase is a complete platform to create your next startup project, for mobile or web. Depending on your needs you'll get a lot of out of the box, easy to scale products. From the database, AI, serverless, authentication, static hosting (mix with cloud functions for dynamic!), storage and even real time database. I've done some projects with Firebase and is amazing to get something quick, and scale it later. You can mix with other Google Cloud products to get a full cloud project running.

Nachteile: If you need relations, complicated queries to your DB, or text search you might need to add another layer like elastic search, go with other Google product (SQL DB) or use MongoDB. Firebase databases are amazing, but you need to know the use you will give it.

• Bewertet am 12.3.2019
Sarath S.
Android Developer
  • Bewertet am 29.3.2019

"The Best Realtime database service by google"

Kommentare: I liked almost all features because firebase is very easy to use, i made lots of android apps using firebase and some web apps too , and it all working perfectly, so overall firebase is the best when it comes to ease of use for small apps.

Vorteile: I really like the fact that its a realtime database, And it can be implemented in Android,iOS and web platforms , I really like when firebase sync data with all platforms because of its realtime feature.
and i realy like the feature to configure security rules for my entire database or for a specific child database.
And firebase provides Authentication services that we can use to implement to authenticate user using Google,Facebook, Github ,Email ,Phone and more.
And one other thing i should mention is the ML Kit there are lots of stuff that u can do with it like Image Recognition.

Nachteile: Firebase is not a SQL based database its a JSON based database, so it cant be used for lots of structured data, because of that we cant use powerful complex queries on Firebase.

• Bewertet am 29.3.2019
Android Developer
  • Bewertet am 9.7.2018

"Excellent cheap/free backend with extensive documentation and a large developer community."

Kommentare: After parse closed down I had to setup my own server to run my backend but with firebase and firestore I can rid myself of running a complicated server and just rely on firebase for a fraction of the cost.

Vorteile: Their free plan is amazing for people like me without much capital to start with and with the newest database they've add called firestore this backend is all you could hope for. When you run into trouble you don't really need to worry since they have great documentation and guides for basically every platform they support. If you can't find help on their website then head over to stack overflow where almost every issue under the sun in already on the site.

Nachteile: Some search queries are a pain to code due to the limitations of firebase. Even with the addition of firestore its still a problem but it can be somewhat worked around.

• Bewertet am 9.7.2018
Ahmed abd D.
  • Bewertet am 25.4.2019

"Backend Future"

Kommentare: We found all we need in one place you can make a complete website and mobile app and rely only on it.

Vorteile: Real-time database: you don't need to do any action data changed -> listener fires with new data.
NoSql Database: very fast and it's scheme very easy to build.
Firebase Auth: No need to add every single login with third party alone just add firebase auth and it'll do everything for you Google sign in, facebook sign in, twitter sign in and you can even login with phone number and firebase will send verification code that's awesome.
Also, many other things that make firebase the future and they still improve.

Nachteile: I didn't find any cons till now and I think the reason is Google as firebase belongs to it
the are good they are updating it every week that's awesome.

• Bewertet am 25.4.2019
CS Specialist
Informationsdienst, 51-200 Mitarbeiter
  • Bewertet am 14.5.2019

"A database for your mobile application projects"

Kommentare: I recommend Firebase to anyone looking for a simple and reliable solution for their project. For the beginning, this is the best choice, and after some time everyone can decide whether to continue this option or choose something else.

Vorteile: When creating a mobile application, we used this database with my colleague, as it offered all the options we needed. It is fast, efficient and offers a web interface. You have to pay after a number of queries. We've never had a stability problem, the database has always worked. Very good feature are reports that you can receive directly to your mail when the application crashes.

Nachteile: We missed a mobile app to check some things quickly. We also had a problem viewing some of the database data on a webpage for an Android project.

• Bewertet am 14.5.2019
Madhav T.
Computer-Software, Selbstständig
  • Bewertet am 20.1.2019

"The best non sql database out there"

Kommentare: Overall, I have had a great experience with Firebase, before when I tried integrating sqlite onto my android app and syncing the app data every time to mysql, it took a lot of effort and coding to maintain both the languages, but now with Firebase I almost don't have to worry about the back end and just focus on the front end of my application and give my application a better look as well as more functionality.

Vorteile: The fact that really astonished me as a software developer for mobile applications was the cloud functionality such as firebase functions which meant running my server less and that decreased so much of my time and effort spent on maintaining my server, the other thing that I liked about firebase was the cloud messaging functionality which really, really helped me send broadcast messages as well as send offers and target a specific audience through cloud functions and this has widely improved my business.

Nachteile: The thing that I was not at ease of using was the fact that I had to save the data in a tree like structure, and although json data is pretty common, I still find it quite irritating to work with json data.

• Bewertet am 20.1.2019