Firebase

Firebase Bewertungen

von Google

This is the absolute best real time database ever created.

Bewertet am 28.3.2018
Gordon S.
Software Engineer

Kommentare: This is the best software for all developers be it mobile, web or desktop based applications. Its is very easy to use and understand and it outputs the best results. This is best software to use when it comes to back-end development. I would highly recommend it to all developers.

Vorteile: Firebase is a very responsive. Uploaded data is pushed to client devices in real time, this saves a lot of time and resources.
Offline client devices are updated on uploaded data once they go back online.
Data is structured in a simple understandable manner.
The free version of the software is as good as premium versions.

Nachteile: In data structures, the developer cannot nest data in more than 4 levels without running into multiple issues on retrieving the data.
There are limitations on number of simultaneous connections when it comes to the free version.
For the free version there are also limitations on making external queries, hence filtering the data from the server side becomes an issue.

My Quick Review for Firebase From My Experience

Bewertet am 27.4.2019
Haymon N.
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Setup, configuration, and implementation was quite intuitive and developer-friendly with Firebase. In my case, I created my own free Firebase account. This was great since for my case, I only had a few active users and Google has a 'free tier' where it supports up to 15k daily users. Any more than that, Google will charge a monthly fee. From there, I just had to include a script in my app that you just copy from the Firebase Console that Google provides (depends on your app and tech stack, but for me, I was using the JavaScript programming language and Facebook's ReactNative), which is responsible for initializing Firebase for your app. From there, you can just start using the Firebase API and making calls to it. For my case, I was using their real-time database (stored in JSON format) - the documentation was very nice and simple, and I was able to store the chat messages and retrieve the chat messages fast. In the Console, there's a nice UI for checking up on the database usage as well, which provides stats for connections, amount of data storage used, bandwidth, and load - all based on your set time period. In terms of authentication, Firebase supports a large variety of user sign-in methods for your app. For my case, I just used an 'anonymous' configuration for my sign-in provider. However, Firebase supports many more such as email/password, phone, Google, Facebook, Twitter, and GitHub. Overall, I would highly recommend working with Firebase!

Vorteile: Firebase can be a great choice for your project or work when building apps. In quick summary, Firebase provides a mBaaS (mobile-Backend-as-a-Service), which in turns helps eliminate the headache for the developer and saves a bunch of time. What may take weeks or months to setup, configure, and possibly more to pay for the infrastructure and hardware - now you can use mBaaS for your app, and get up and running much faster. Now, for my needs, I was trying to build a real-time chat app for my own personal use, mainly just for me and possibly other family members to use (own chat room). Long story short, I was looking for possible ways of implementation here technically, and naturally, a local database for each app would not necessarily be the best decision or suffice - let alone work. I had to work with some sort of remote database in the cloud to store the chat messages. I had many choices to choose from here, including utilizing options available from Amazon (AWS), Microsoft (Azure), Facebook (Parse) and many many more. However, I stumbled across Firebase by Google and decided to go with it. I respect the Google brand and their reputation, and overall, it was a good choice and it worked out nicely. All of the documentation was great and very simple to use/edit.

Nachteile: From what I can recall I only encountered one small hiccup where I had to go into the Firebase Console and edit my real-time database security rules (essentially, just a simple JSON configuration file) to improve performance. I can't really come up with many if not any cons at all. I guess you can say that you are going to be reliant on Google/Firebase as part of your tech stack down the road and if anything comes up in the foreseeable future, then that may pose issues. Other than that, it's either you home-brew your own custom hardware and infrastructure or just go with a great mBaaS.

Easy to get started, free tier has enough to have your app thoroughly tested

Bewertet am 7.2.2020
Usman K.
Senior Software Engineer
Computer-Software, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We were able to replace our cloud backend's infrastructure with Firebase as a drop in solution. This resulted in a lot of complexity being removed as we could completely replace things like Apache couchdb, and ES. At the end of the day, you will be replacing multiple tools from your cloud backend with a single solution with a beautiful portal where your data can be managed much more effectively.

Vorteile: I like the real-time database offering from Firebase. The real-time database was faster compared with our infrastructure. Changes were reflected on our endpoints almost instantaneously when on a good Internet connection. The documentation is very good overall. The design of the cloud portal is neat and follows Google's material design patterns. The color pallette of the portal is easy on the eyes and is beautiful to work in. Also, as Firebase is an offering by Google, you get the benefit of Google's scalability. Compared with creating a traditional cloud backend solution from scratch, there is a lot of added peace of mind that you will be able to hit your databases with tens of thousands of requests with ease from your application.

Nachteile: There should be a more info and documentation around how to set up database collections. I personally found setting up the collections a bit complicated. Once you get the hang of it though, it is a breeze.

Firebase as a Startup Oriented Cloud Service

Bewertet am 19.11.2019

Kommentare: I have successfully kickstarted a few of my businesses and projects thanks to Firebase. I love how easy it is to setup Hosting, Database and Cloud Functions. However, some further advanced setting more suitable for high traffic application is still not effective.

Vorteile: I love how easy to use Google Firebase is. My business managed to setup our application to production within a month thanks for the super detailed documentation. The price for a Blaze Pay-as-you-go option is also acceptable for startup and small business alike.

Nachteile: I think Firebase still lacking heavy-duty functions in their line of services. Compared to other competition like AWS and Azure, Firebase is a tone-down version of their Google Cloud Service with a lot less flexibility like Load Balancing, Server hardware configuration,... etc. Still enough for small scale business in my opinion.

Good for Hobbyists - Product in infancy

Bewertet am 6.12.2019
Melvin L.
Media manager

Kommentare: This was good because the client then didn't want to pay for an SDK tracking.
However in terms of usability and scaling for larger, business campaigns, this is not recommended.
If you're a hobbyist delving into apps and SDKs for fun, this is a great platform.

Vorteile: It's free and a good introduction to SDK, environments and requirements.
It also is great if you're on the google stack, as it easily imports into other ad buying platforms like google ads, which is great.
Has some integrations with networks, which also is great since it's also free for use

Nachteile: Highly limited support - don't expect to get any.
If you're on the free plan, very limited functionality. You can't even get CSV user reports. Everything is on and limited by the UI. This apparently changes if you're on paid, but the free experience not the best.
No integration to other competitors like Facebook,etc

Firebase Review

Bewertet am 2.1.2020
Sardar U.
Web Developer

Kommentare: I created a mobile app ( not published ) in which I used the firebase realtime database, storage, analytics, push notifications and serverless functions with react-native. It was a little tricky but in the end, the whole project worked fine and I was pleased to use this awesome platform.

Vorteile: - A good user interface.
- It provides most of the google features in one place which will help anyone to develop a good application.
- The realtime database is the one that a mobile app developer would like the most
- The Serverless Functions saves a lot of time and are triggered automatically and saves the cost of setting up a server.

Nachteile: - Goes too costly when choosing a Blaze Plan for mobile phone authentication
- Difficult for a newbie to get started.
- Needs complex knowledge to use all its features such as storage and serverless functions.

Great tool for mobile analytics and a whole lot more

Bewertet am 18.11.2019
Yaron K.
Co-founder

Kommentare: We use it to monitor the number of users in our app and understand our audience, understand monetization in our apps and monitor crashes and stability.

Vorteile: I love the analytics feature - it's extremely easy to implement with their SDK, and automatically provides you with a ton of interesting insights into your app. It has a lot of other great features you can use, and it integrates easily with Google Ads.

Nachteile: The UI for the backend could be more user friendly - it works well but could be easier to use, I hope it's improved soon.

Good BackEnd Tool For Various Needs

Bewertet am 7.12.2019
Computer Science Student
Computer-Software, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I have used Firebase for user authentication, data storage, text recognition and QR recognition. It is super easy to use. It's a great back-end tool for simple and complex applications.

Vorteile: The tutorials are very good resources. I love how easy it is to manage notifications, real-time data and users. Firebase also has great ML tools for Android. It's a great cloud backend. You can also log crashes with Firebase which I think is great for giving your users a better experience. You get to use OAuth easily. Your data gets such as users gets analyzed. So, if you don't have a large team, Firebase is a great tool because it takes care of a lot of stuff by itself. It's like having a super-talented team member.

Nachteile: The text recognition doesn't work so well for non-English characters and this causes the API to produce wrong words as the result of recognition. Besides that, I've enjoyed FireBase.

Powerful web development with Google's Firebase

Bewertet am 30.10.2019
Román josué D.
Data Science Team Lead

Kommentare: End-to-end infrastructure to develop your web apps, with real-time database connection and using only front end technologies.

Vorteile: I like from Firebase that you don't require a big setup to have you web app up and running. I also found it very interesting that you can create it exclusively with front-end, without requiring any code from the backend.
In addition, as Firebase uses HTTPS the data transfer is secure.

Nachteile: The database connection could be improved, as you cannot setup multiple conditions, or adding some aggrupations or aggregated functions.

Friend to Frontend developers

Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Oğuzhan I.
Frontend Developer
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Kommentare: In my 3 applications I am actively using firebase storage and realtime database. Great.

Vorteile: Easy to use and simple to connect. In this way, we can quickly connect to our application and start developing.

Nachteile: I have not seen that Firebase has a problem that works quite nicely and stably and I don't think it is an issue.

Google Firebase review.

Bewertet am 18.10.2018
Kudzayi T.
Mobile Application Developer
Medienproduktion, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Firebase has helped me to develop my mobile applications at a very cheap price. Sometimes I hardly pay a cent. I do not need to have a server, create a database, get a domain, air-conditioning for servers, physical space and hire an IT expert to maintain these components. Firebase does all these things for free. Also I get information on the demographics of my users, their locations, amount of time they spend doing an activity and the time they spend on my mobile applications. I can now know what needs adjusting and whats working completely find. I also get crash reports and also push notifications.

Vorteile: Firebase has 3 plans, there is a free plan which is the Spark Plan, a Flame Plan which has a fixed fee and a Blaze Plan which is a pay as you use. Firebase is an online database facility, it helps to lower the costs of operating an mobile application or a website. It also provides database functions, such as push notifications which would require an experienced coder. It is easy to use if you have basic coding skills. There are free online Firebase tutorials on how to use it and integrate it into your application. It also provides analytics facility which produces statistics on the data you produce, how it is accessed, device locations and models. This aids in knowing target audiences. Also authentication functions are used, this helps in signup, login and also other login functions such as Facebook, Twitter and Google.

Nachteile: Coding skills such as Java, JavaScript, Kotlin and even Python are required. The Blaze Plan can run up costs if coder fails to efficiently produce programming codes that resend requests to Firebase database. Example is retrieving data such as username multiple times, which should have been done only once. Tutorials provides basic information. You might need to go to other sources to find solutions to coding problems. This places are Google Books on Firebase, YouTube, GitHub, online forums and freelance coder websites.

Firebase as a go to cloud backend

Bewertet am 5.10.2018
Student
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Kommentare: To sum up, Firebase is a great and simple tool for complex cloud backends. Especially the ease of use, the fact that the basic rate is free and the platform support is strong makes Firebase a no-brainer for simple or even more complex projects.

Vorteile: In my experience as a self-taught Android and web developer, I have started using Firebase as a cloud backend for my projects. It is a versatile tool for lots of different problems you might encounter by developing a product. For my projects, Firebase always had the tools I needed in order to create what I imagined - everything from (Google-)logins, to databases, notification management and crash reporting. And in all these cases Firebase just worked! The few times I had to face errors, I was able to resolve problems easily and quickly by using the Firebase documentation or online communities. The incredible userbase Firebase offers also makes it very easy to find tutorials, help or other advice online.
Furthermore, the platform support of Firebase is very good, it supports Android, iOS and the Web and additionally offers C++ and Unity in some cases.
The prices of the Firebase tools are also very reasonable, most of them start for free and if used heavily they scale perfectly - in my opinion nobody should be disappointed by them.

Nachteile: Actually, there are no upsetting cons I went through in the time I have used Firebase. The Android Studio help dialogue is sometimes outdated which forced me to use the website for code examples. Additionally, I sometimes experienced a problem regarding the database syncing on Android devices, which cloud by solved by switching to the improved Cloud Firestore database.

Firebase for Real-Time technologies

Bewertet am 28.1.2019
Timothy W.
Lead Software Engineer
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We are using Firebase to track users real-time and allow administrators to view user interaction. Administrators can then send messages or notifications to individual users. It is similar to a Live Chat application, but more one-way in that users actions are sent to administrators, and administrators can react if they need to. The setup definitely took time, and we got caught by surprise at our first bill. We were sending too much data through the system. We realized that we needed to create a Pub/Sub system where users and admins watch a flag in their data. Once there was an administrator online to send data to, who wanted to see that data, only then would data be sent. Implementing this system cut our monthly bill by 75% or more. We are happy with the platform and will continue to use it for the meantime. We will always evaluate other platforms, but we have found that none can really do everything we want out of the box, and all require some tweaking to get the product working the way we would like.

Vorteile: Firebase is a well-known and well-liked real-time database that is hosted now by Google. They have been around for a very long time and have always had excellent uptime. They provide real-time data for all users of an application, meaning chats, notifications, or just tracking can all be done live on the website without needing people to reload.

Nachteile: Firebase does have a bit of a learning curve. It is not a simple Pub/Sub system, but an actual database that lives in the cloud. The documentation is mediocre, but that is probably because they are trying to provide documentation for dozens of scenarios and languages. The access control rules are fairly complex and required to ensure data remains secure, but they are not easy to set up. This product does require someone competent to integrate it or build off of it.

Firebase literally changed me from a designer/frontend developer to a full-app developer.

Bewertet am 25.10.2017
Senior UX Designer

Kommentare: I love firebase because it enabled me to quickly feel like I am a full-stack developer. I've made multiple full-featured applications because I had firebase.

Vorteile: I love the speed, direction and ease of use with Firebase. Now that cloud functions integrate tightly and together with learning Angular I am able to build full-featured apps in SO MUCH LESS time. I even build apps just for my family because it's fast and fun. It has taken me from being a front-end developer to a full-stack developer in all reality. I love the integrated nature with hosting, deploying, storage, account management and cloud functions. I have a large web application that is headed to beta soon and the whole app front-end, backend etc... (except Elastic Search) is in one project and one place.

Nachteile: It would be great if email notifications were baked in. I Also would like to customize reset password email templates more. It would be great as well if there were a full-featured mac/pc client to access the database. Lastly some sort of tightly backed in search indexing (preferably based on elastic search) would be great, although this is not hard to do with Searchly and a quick indexing cloud function.

The do it all google cloud platform solution

Bewertet am 12.7.2019
Angel A.
Maschinenbau oder Wirtschaftsingenieurwesen, 1.001-5.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Overall it is an almost perfect solution for web applications with minimal work for a backend in a managed environment.

Vorteile: Multi site hosting is probably the best feature, allowing you to have several applications hosted, mapped to different domains.
Also having firebase functions configurations is very useful to change settings on the fly.
All of this works very easily with other google services like google big query or pub/sub.
The pricing is also very cheap. Even for just a simple test app with limited calls its free.

Nachteile: Some of the settings for uploading multi hosting is a confusing json file and the documentation about it is not very clear.

Firebase is perfect for new app developers

Bewertet am 23.8.2019
Likhwa M.
App developer
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Firebase has helped me by providing seamless user intergration through authentication and providing an affordable platform to store my app data. It is fairly easy to use but some features such as integration into apps still require more detailed tutorials. I have not had any major problems using firebase and I highly recommend it for anyone who needs back end support for their app.

Vorteile: I like that it takes care of the user authentication and storage of passwords for my app users and therefore I do not have to worry about encryption and all. Firebase is also free for small businesses and this makes it easy for begins to take advantage of the platform before their business can even make money. Firebase also allows me to store data for my app and so it eliminates the need for servers and other hardware to store my data.

Nachteile: I struggled learning to use some of the features despite following tutorials. My aggregated user data still does not show me anything regardless of how many people use my app daily. I also collect user data but I can not export it as an excel file. It would be great if I could arrange my collected data into tables and actually analyse it within firebase and I feel Microsoft Excel excel integration would be quite helpful.

support from firebase

Bewertet am 22.12.2018
Palla B.
Solaris System Administrator
Bildungsmanagement, 13-50 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: if someone make app and want to link with all users who downloaded and using it its great way to connect with your users and reply to them and posting about latest updates,news everthing you want to tell your users,lot of options i noticed lately,so mnay options acctually inside this software and great support from firebase also.firebase will work as abridge between you and users,you can edit whenever you want and update also.and addtional piont is google will update this platform regularly so you can add more featurse.thanks to firebase because i made an app with the help of firebase and running succesfully

Nachteile: some features you cant understand in firebase because you need basic coding knowledge.if some new to this he will deffenetly scare with this thing .if firebase gives some additional knowledge about how to use new features then he will undersstand how to add it.any body link thier app with firebase they have send the instructions to every user who are signed with firebase.you can get a lot of videos on firebase but everybody not a specialists in app making. i personally feel if less coding will helpful for the appmakers

One of the best Cloud platform for developers

Bewertet am 23.10.2018
Game Developer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

Vorteile: It has realtime database, cloud storage, different type of authentication, ML kit and hosting. Among those i used realtime database, storage and authentication for my Mobile Application. They are easy to use. just in couple of line of codes the cloud database can be easily created. Even i used their hosting service to host one of my website, to host ur website u dont have to copy or paste ur code anywhere else just by using your command prompt or terminal you can deploy your code in Firebase and instantly your site will be online. You can deploy a new version of your code, even if u want to go to previous version of the website its just a click away.

Nachteile: Even though the it has great features and easy to use functionality the pricing of the platform is very high. And it not suitable a common person it was fully dedicated to be used by a developer.

Amazing to create your products

Bewertet am 12.3.2019
Pablo R.

Kommentare: So far so good, no problems, just choose the right tool for each job.

Vorteile: Firebase is a complete platform to create your next startup project, for mobile or web. Depending on your needs you'll get a lot of out of the box, easy to scale products. From the database, AI, serverless, authentication, static hosting (mix with cloud functions for dynamic!), storage and even real time database. I've done some projects with Firebase and is amazing to get something quick, and scale it later. You can mix with other Google Cloud products to get a full cloud project running.

Nachteile: If you need relations, complicated queries to your DB, or text search you might need to add another layer like elastic search, go with other Google product (SQL DB) or use MongoDB. Firebase databases are amazing, but you need to know the use you will give it.

The Best Realtime database service by google

Bewertet am 29.3.2019
Sarath S.
Android Developer

Kommentare: I liked almost all features because firebase is very easy to use, i made lots of android apps using firebase and some web apps too , and it all working perfectly, so overall firebase is the best when it comes to ease of use for small apps.

Vorteile: I really like the fact that its a realtime database, And it can be implemented in Android,iOS and web platforms , I really like when firebase sync data with all platforms because of its realtime feature.
and i realy like the feature to configure security rules for my entire database or for a specific child database.
And firebase provides Authentication services that we can use to implement to authenticate user using Google,Facebook, Github ,Email ,Phone and more.
And one other thing i should mention is the ML Kit there are lots of stuff that u can do with it like Image Recognition.

Nachteile: Firebase is not a SQL based database its a JSON based database, so it cant be used for lots of structured data, because of that we cant use powerful complex queries on Firebase.

Excellent cheap/free backend with extensive documentation and a large developer community.

Bewertet am 9.7.2018
Android Developer

Kommentare: After parse closed down I had to setup my own server to run my backend but with firebase and firestore I can rid myself of running a complicated server and just rely on firebase for a fraction of the cost.

Vorteile: Their free plan is amazing for people like me without much capital to start with and with the newest database they've add called firestore this backend is all you could hope for. When you run into trouble you don't really need to worry since they have great documentation and guides for basically every platform they support. If you can't find help on their website then head over to stack overflow where almost every issue under the sun in already on the site.

Nachteile: Some search queries are a pain to code due to the limitations of firebase. Even with the addition of firestore its still a problem but it can be somewhat worked around.

Backend Future

Bewertet am 25.4.2019
Ahmed abd D.
Software Engineer

Kommentare: We found all we need in one place you can make a complete website and mobile app and rely only on it.

Vorteile: Real-time database: you don't need to do any action data changed -> listener fires with new data.
NoSql Database: very fast and it's scheme very easy to build.
Firebase Auth: No need to add every single login with third party alone just add firebase auth and it'll do everything for you Google sign in, facebook sign in, twitter sign in and you can even login with phone number and firebase will send verification code that's awesome.
Also, many other things that make firebase the future and they still improve.

Nachteile: I didn't find any cons till now and I think the reason is Google as firebase belongs to it
the are good they are updating it every week that's awesome.

A database for your mobile application projects

Bewertet am 14.5.2019
CS Specialist
Informationsdienst, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I recommend Firebase to anyone looking for a simple and reliable solution for their project. For the beginning, this is the best choice, and after some time everyone can decide whether to continue this option or choose something else.

Vorteile: When creating a mobile application, we used this database with my colleague, as it offered all the options we needed. It is fast, efficient and offers a web interface. You have to pay after a number of queries. We've never had a stability problem, the database has always worked. Very good feature are reports that you can receive directly to your mail when the application crashes.

Nachteile: We missed a mobile app to check some things quickly. We also had a problem viewing some of the database data on a webpage for an Android project.

The best non sql database out there

Bewertet am 20.1.2019
Madhav T.
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Overall, I have had a great experience with Firebase, before when I tried integrating sqlite onto my android app and syncing the app data every time to mysql, it took a lot of effort and coding to maintain both the languages, but now with Firebase I almost don't have to worry about the back end and just focus on the front end of my application and give my application a better look as well as more functionality.

Vorteile: The fact that really astonished me as a software developer for mobile applications was the cloud functionality such as firebase functions which meant running my server less and that decreased so much of my time and effort spent on maintaining my server, the other thing that I liked about firebase was the cloud messaging functionality which really, really helped me send broadcast messages as well as send offers and target a specific audience through cloud functions and this has widely improved my business.

Nachteile: The thing that I was not at ease of using was the fact that I had to save the data in a tree like structure, and although json data is pretty common, I still find it quite irritating to work with json data.

Free realtime database for android developers

Bewertet am 17.7.2019
Orkhan M.
Software Developer
Telekommunikation, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: This is my main datasource for the applications that I am developing for android.

Vorteile: If you are developing some application in android and you want to have a real time functionality in your application you can directly use Firebase and it is easy to register and integrate. I like it because it is developed by Google and according to it is developers it is the best database for android. In most of my applications I am using it because of its simplicity and functionalities for developers.

Nachteile: The only problem with database is that maintaining the database is not easy because it does not have a structure like other databases and you need to spend some time for understanding how to use it.