Great system

Bewertet am 26.7.2016
Christian B.
ITSM System Administrator
Einzelhandel, 10.001+ Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The first review in this list is not related to ITSM systems at all, but is rather a hand-held GPS. The bad rating in that review is therefore not related to the OmniTracker enterprise IT Service Management (ITSM) system, and should be removed by its author, or moderators. Here are some links to that GPS, to prove the point... http://www.redferret.net/?p=16370 https://www.chinavasion.com/china/wholesale/Health_Lifestyle/Outdoors_Gear/The_Omni_Tracker-World_GPS_Tracker As a system administrator, I have used OmniTracker before, in Canada, having implemented it to manage my former employer's ITIL processes. After working with it for 2 years, I personally think it's a great enterprise ITSM system, that is very powerful, yet does not cost a fortune, like others in that niche market. One of the main reasons we opted for this system was the licensing model, which offers all-inclusive shared licenses. This saved my former employer a lot of money, compared to other systems charging extra per module or charging monthly per user. Christian Brien
ITSM System Administrator

An old workhorse, that will never die, but also doesnt do much very quickly anymore

Bewertet am 10.6.2018
Philip E.
Managed Services Engineer
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501-1.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: While this software served us reliably for many years, we were in need of a more modern system. I would recommend this software for anyone who needs a very customization system, I believe that is where Omnitracker excels.

Vorteile: We previously used this system for managing our support ticket queues, in addition to some other organization wide processes. There are some very neat ways to customize this software, and some great little things like SMS integration, views that you can create, and a solid calendar.

Nachteile: The software feels bloated, the interface is cluttered and un-intuitive, and the performance slow. While there are some answers to the more modern systems, such as a web portal to supplement the more standard on premise setups, it feels not fully formed and like it may belong to another time. This software served reliably for many years, but there is a lot of competition now with better approaches.

10 years of working with in in Automotive Industry

Bewertet am 30.6.2017
Bugnar C.
8D Reports Coordinator
Automotive, 5.001-10.000 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Quick processing of the complaints; automatic notifications; easy documenting & quick reporting

Vorteile: The software is sending automatically the notifications for the responsible in case new actions are created; it also fives the possibility of quick reporting for open actions / overdue actions / actions per responsible, etc

Nachteile: The software does not offer the possibility of customizing certain reporting available in order to create a personalized type of report

OMNITRACKER Expert

Bewertet am 26.8.2016
Houssem Y.
Java Developer
Automotive

Kommentare: I for more than 5 years as an Omnitracker administrator.
I have done all trainings provided by Omninet.
I liked plying the OLE interface in VBscript language. That was great !!!

Vorteile: - Flexibility
- it make it easer for developers

Nachteile: - Performance
- Not web based
- Saop webservice but no Rest
- look and feel does not change in the desktop according to version 10.2.100
- hosted on a windows server not on a Linux(Performance issue)

Extensive possibilities for helpdesk but sometimes not as intuitive as I would like

Bewertet am 7.6.2017
Emmanuel S.
Projectmanager

Vorteile: Great tool for helpdesk and other IT support staff. Extensive follow up possibilities and communication support.

Nachteile: Some features are not as intuitive as I would like. For example: the workflow for combined requests for changes and activities. Searching for an RFC can be quite tricky.

Comment on Grame's review ...

Bewertet am 31.3.2016
M. G.
Head of Partner Management

Kommentare: Dear Graeme, I am sorry to hear about your experience but I think you picked the wrong company or product for your review. I am not sure what you mean with 'I take my 3 units to 269 City Road Melbourne ... '. OMNINET is a German software vendor with OMNITRACKER as its core ITSM and process tracking software. Neither have we made our way into the Australian software market to this date nor do we know about 'units' at this local address. Why should any of our sales or customer service reps. refer you to an area where we are not present and to a place that is on the other side of the globe? Please feel free to contact me directly via the contact page that is on our www.omnitracker.com website in case of questions or complaints that you still have and I will gladly help you.

unreliable

Bewertet am 25.1.2016
Graeme S.

Kommentare: On endeavouring to obtain support, it was recommended I take my 3 units to 269 City Road Melbourne which is an entirely inconvenient location I have found the units unreliable