Podia

Podia Bewertungen

von Podia

FINALLY a platform that gets it right!

Bewertet am 13.3.2019
Nicole K.
Übersetzung und Lokalisierung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: The setup was super easy, the team helped me tremendously by taking over feeding my email list into the system and they were super quick with all their replies to my questions.
I watched one of their weekly ask-all live webinars before signing up and really EVERY question was answered. In addition to their fab features and superstar support, that's what got me hooked.
After setting up the dashboard, building the storefront for our freebies and the subscriber signup was childsplay.
Everything looks super pretty, in our brand colors, and, NO KIDDING; our email list that we had built over 14 months with MailChimp DOUBLED in just 10 weeks.
On Podia, we host 2 separate freebies, the complete recordings of our weekly webcasts, and an online course. Everything interacts perfectly. 100% recommended!

Vorteile: So simple to set up. So accommodating of their clients' needs: Think subscribers that are segmented from the get-go, newsletters and email drip campaigns that are as easy to write, beautify and send as an email, a pretty and sleek storefront, fully implemented with your website.
Also think ZERO cut from your earnings, NO restriction on your content. You pay the monthly fee and that's it!
One more thing: Podia takes care of invoicing, VAT - depending on where you are and where your buyers are ... a constant hassle to get that right and Podia just takes that load of your shoulders!

Nachteile: The only thing that bugged me was that I couldn't personalize the emails, like address them to a person by name - - and Podia has that on their agenda. When you find a platform where that's the ONLY thing that bugs you? Feels like I finally found my online home.

A LMS for the common man (and also for the uncommon too)

Bewertet am 6.1.2020
Dan M.
COO, Co-Founder
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: No regrets. Stellar service. Fantastic product.

Vorteile: Podia makes it possible for a one-man shop to launch a course to the world and offer features that usually only a big shop would be able to. This wasn't why we went with Podia. We were already an established e-learning company with thousands of customers around the world. Switching to Podia allowed us the ability to concentrate on the quality of our course content and less on the labor of launching new courses. Their system and interface is quite elegant and simple, with just the right of customization to differentiate your site from other Podia sites, but not enough customization options to paralyze you in development. Their team is very responsive. They assisted with migrating over a thousand videos/lessons and thousands of customers. They are consistently adding new features to the platform.

Nachteile: The reporting is a bit underwhelming, albeit we have been able to cobble together some reporting using third party software/services. But I have a feeling that they will enhance the reporting sooner than later.

The Best!

Bewertet am 8.1.2020
Gergana D.
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: My experience with Podia has been nothing but amazing. I love the site, the community, the customer service, the emails, everything!!

Vorteile: I love absolutely everything about Podia. They helped me create my dream course and continue to amaze me everyday. Their customer service is amazing because they actually listen to their customers and go above and beyond to do everything they can to keep their customers happy. I would recommend Podia to anyone looking to start an online course, membership, blog, etc. There are so many possibilities with Podia.

Nachteile: There is not one thing I have found that I dislike about Podia to this day.

Simple, Great Customer Service, Lacking Some Important Features

Bewertet am 5.12.2019
Misty D.
Informationsdienst, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I really love the other tool I've been using for my membership site & I'm a very techie person, but I'm finding that although it has tons of great bells & whistles, it's also pretty complicated to implement adding a new course or even a new freebie optin. In using Podia for these past few days, I'm seeing how the simplicity can help me take more action faster & get more value to my people without getting hung up in the tech. Customer service has been exceptional, so kudos to you all for that.

Vorteile: The simplicity. It feels like it will be a lot faster & easier to get a new product/course in there without it being very complicated or having to run through a ton of testing prior to launching.

Nachteile: There doesn't appear to be a way to add Pinterest tracking tags (super important, possibly a deal breaker).
Lack of customization options on pages (even some simple things like changing font size or reducing the huge amount of white space between sections).
Inability to direct to a custom thank you page instead of just taking them straight into their product. This makes it impossible to have a true sales funnel with a thank you video & tripwire offer and lead into a bigger upsell. This could mean a huge loss of potential income. The ONLY thing you can virtually guarantee someone will see when they opt into your freebie is the thank you page. It's the biggest opportunity to sell to someone new.
There are "upsells" in Podia but they appear to work more like an order bump.
Not a true back & forth integration with ConvertKit.

Best course hosting platform out there

Bewertet am 4.10.2019
Eran B.
Eran Bucai
Internet, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Superb experience with the support, the on-boarding, and the software itself. Highly recommended.

Vorteile: Everything.
The price, super affordable and simple. No complications like others.
No transaction fees on matter what plan you are in.
Super intuitive to use, requires almost no tutorial. Although they have excellent documentation for any possible question.
Support is super helpful and responsive. 10 out of 10 in helpfulness.
It is so easy to use it makes you want to create courses and make good use of it.
I made my monies worth on the investment within the first week.

Nachteile: The only con is that the software is not feature rich. This is NOT a con for me. To me it is a plus. They made it so dead-simple that literally anyone can use it. I feel that is the right use-case for most people and I am glad Podia chose to accomodate extreme simplification.
Well known competitors (which I won't name), have a ton of features but makes it a lot more complicated, not as intuitive and a bit more difficult to use it. Podia is almost "too simple", but that's a good thing.
I anticipate using Podia for years to come.
I wrote extensive blog on my website about how I use it, how you can use it, and also a full walkthrough video on my youtube channel to show all the insides.

Great ecourse platform

Bewertet am 19.7.2019
Peter G.
creator
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Kommentare: The people at Podia are extremely helpful even for a detailed person such as myself, they respond to questions quickly and provide video on how to tutorials.

Vorteile: I chose the Podia platform for its ease of use and value. Creating a wealth-building program, I could not see spending double or triple the amount of Podia on another platform when I teach others how to build their wealth by being frugal.

Nachteile: I'm not good at creating websites or doing the backend programming, so I would like to see Podia have the option of hosting my URL and blog or partner with a company that provides those services. As it stands now I do not have a blog because I do not have the time to learn how to add the blog feature to the company that hosts my site.

The best platform for digital products creators

Bewertet am 8.10.2019
Ioana A.
Content Creator
Internet, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I get to host everything in one place. No more going back and forth between my digital products host and my email service provider.

Vorteile: It's an all in one solution to a content creator's dream: membership site that can be used as a blog, email service provider covering the basic needs for drip campaigns, newsletters and email list building, digital downloads storage and online courses platform. I looove the fact that you get unlimited everything, so no more tiers to squeeze through.

Nachteile: The email marketing part is not as advanced as the likes of Convertkit or Drip, for example, but for beginners is just enough. But the fact that you have unlimited customers, subscribers, everything, it compensates, at least in the beginning when you're not making too much money off your email list anyway.

Want your sales pages, courses, and emails all in the same place?

Bewertet am 5.2.2020
Tanya G.
Course Producer Writer
Schreiben & Editieren, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: I was already paying Convert Kit the same amount as Podia with no course options. Sure Podia's email is a little basic but the Podia Team has given me some great workarounds. For the price, you get so much more here than with the basic email platforms.

Vorteile: Just Do it! Should be Podia's slogan! These guys get you started on making life happen. Do you dream about making a course? This is the place to do it. The videos and chat help will help you make the course happen. And don't worry! You can go in and change things as you go along. So Just get started already.

Nachteile: With support, they do everything but come to your house and design the program for you. But that is truly what I wish they did. They have all kinds of great examples and challenges to get you started. I just wish they would send a maid and a nanny so I could clear my calendar to get on with it already.

Literally helped us start a new business division

Bewertet am 23.8.2019
Ryan K.
Finanzdienstleistungen, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: We buy and grow small companies. A lot of people began asking how we do that, so we joined Podia and launched a simple sales page. Overnight we made $10,000 and realized the power of sharing our expertise. Because of this, our course on Podia and the new opportunities it's led to are quite literally creating a new business division for our company.

Vorteile: Fast, live support, rapid improvements from the development team, and marketing help with case studies, interviews, and free webinars.

Nachteile: Couldn't set up my custom domain instantly, required about a day of waiting and manual team setup. Wish I knew this earlier since I signed up the day before launching. :P

I love Podia

Bewertet am 27.5.2019
Matt M.
Asset Management Specialist
Metallabbau, 51-200 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Podia took away all the stress of my self-hosted Wordpress membership site. Trying to build a custom site on a low budget turned out to be a disaster for me. I have no problem administering my own website but the tech stack for a membership and course site caused me no end of headaches. I was spending all my spare time on tech and not serving my members. I persevered for six months, and I finally gave up when I found Podia.

Vorteile: Support, support and support. They rock. The platform is pretty awesome as well. The team made it easy to for me to migrate over. I'm in Podia every day building out new courses or tweaking the existing.

Nachteile: Obviously a platform like Podia will not have all the bells and whistles of a custom membership or course platform built in Wordpress (like what I previously used). But thats a small price to pay for the weight off my mind of having the tech actually work like its supposed to work.

Powerful platform for delivering digital products & online courses.

Bewertet am 20.4.2017
Rachel S.
Founder & Designer
Design, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I signed up to Coach about 5 months ago now and have NEVER looked back. I've used other solutions and online platforms before to host my courses and digital products and downloads, but I've never been fully happy with how they integrate or the interface. Coach was a breath of fresh air from my very first convo with the Founder of Coach, when he went above and beyond to tell me all about the product and see if it fitted my needs. And even though I knew it didn't have every feature I had at the time, I was confident they'd deliver on what I needed - so I signed up there and then. Since then Coach has consistently released new features - many that we customers have asked for and are highly anticipated (for example - they've just released their ConvertKit integration. Yay!!) and many others that have been a total surprise, but just as brilliant. What makes Coach for me, though, is the customer service - I really feel like the Coach team care about each of us as an individual and really want to help us succeed, by making the best product they can and giving the best support I've ever come across in an online platform. I don't feel like a number or a statistic - but a real person that the team at Coach are constantly happy to help out. On top of that, Coach is mighty beautiful to both look at (great for your audience!) and use (great for us!) - as a designer, it's important to me that I use tools that are easy to use and help me get the job done quicker. Coach helps me do that, and more. My conversion rates for my freebie opt-in on my site have gone from less than 1% to over 6.5% at last count and I've no doubt Coach has played a huge part in that. :) Tl;Dr; - Platform is so easy to use & launch with
- New features are being brought out all the time
- The customer support is incredible
- Design is fantastic & converts well with my audience
I recommend Coach now to everyone I know that wants to create digi products & online courses - and I'd never go anywhere else. :)

Vorteile: - Beautiful design
- Wonderful support
- Incredibly easy to use
- Great for my conversion rates

Nachteile: I've sat here for 5 minutes and can't actually think of a con, imo. :)

von Coach an 21.4.2017

Thanks so much for your kind review, Rachel. Of everything you said, what makes me happiest is that your conversion rate improved by over 5% when switching to our platform.

Your success is the most important to us. :)

Beautiful and easy to use! Awesome software!

Bewertet am 14.12.2018
Gerard P.
Teacher
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I am using Podia as a virtual classroom for my students and I love it! And my students love it even more! It is easy to use and a lot more atractive that the usual virtual classrooms that we use in Spain: Moodle, Leandash... Make the study enjoyable it's the best you can do for your students.

Vorteile: - Design, better design of all the LMS I have tested.
- Very easy to use.
- All in one solution. It includes all you need to make a online course and to SELL your course: monetization, marketing, affiliate program...
- They are adding new features in a non stop way!
- Enjoyable user experience for my customers. Awesome interface in the student side, beatuiful and clear.
Desing.
- They have an exceptional chat customer service. If you have any problem, you can just ask them and they answer really fast. If you use their product you will feel that they work for you.
- Price. Fair price and they do not claim a percent of your sells.
- And the best Pro: I love use it!! I enjoy working and creating my courses. I feel I'm creating something my students will love.

Nachteile: - At the begining I thougth the missing of some functions were a Con. For example: messages between teacher and students, but actually students prefer use habitual communications tools like email, social networks, WhatsApp... So I don't see this as a misspoint now.
- Nothing else! It has everything you need to sell courses or to set up a virtual classroom. And they are adding new functionality all time!

I don't give five stars easily

Bewertet am 1.4.2019
Peter A.
Productivity coach
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Podia hosts my online course and allows me to give my customers a great experience when they take my course. That's the most important thing. And they make me feel good and feel supported. What else could you ask for?

Vorteile: Podia lets you host online courses, but it gives all power to YOU, the user. You own your data, your content, and your customers. Podia is made by people who care about online creators (like me) and who want creators to succeed. They're not just out to make as much money off of you as they can. The Podia support is particularly amazing. I've gotten personal help from the CMO, among others. Can't speak highly enough of these folks. Did I mention that they pay you out daily (via Stripe)? You don't have to wait a month to get paid, like with some other platforms.

Nachteile: Some points for improvements for Podia would be that I'd like to see some built-in analytics for my course sales page. Also, they support a variety of coupons, but I'd love to see them add a coupon that is both user-specific and time-specific. As in, one of my users can use it in the next 24 hours. This is advanced stuff. Otherwise I'm super happy with Podia!

5 Star Review for Podia as an online class platform

Bewertet am 14.2.2019
Jill G.
Photographer
Fotografie, Selbstständig

Kommentare: My overall experience has been wonderful. While I was getting set up, I sent a LOT of questions every day and someone was always available and super willing to help. I have just REALLY enjoyed the platform. I haven't taught classes through an online platform before (only as separate digital downloads people purchase) and Podia has made the transition SO easy.

Vorteile: Podia is easy to use and it is BEAUTIFUL.
The staff is super available for support and the platform is growing and being added to all the time.
I LOVE how the storefront is integrated, so I was able to close my shopify account (with all the other class platforms I was looking at, I would have had to keep shopify as well). It is truly all in one.
I love the ability to sell courses, digital downloads, AND memberships all in one place-- no extra apps or add ons needed. It's simple, easy, and clear.

Nachteile: There are a few limitations still with the exact customizations to my sales and course pages BUT they are minimal, and in the month I have been involved in Podia, there have already been big improvements in this area so I know more are coming!

The best customer service ever

Bewertet am 4.7.2019
Alice F.
Content creator, podcaster, producer
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Vorteile: I love how quickly I get response from the team and I'm never made to feel as though my question is silly - I am a complete new starter with anything technical so this is all brand new to me and it's essential I feel supported as I'm doing everything else on my own!

Nachteile: I would love for my customers to be able to access their content without having to use a password as they sign up to get it, and then have to sign in again to get my downloads (but I do understand why this is probably necessary)

I love Podia!

Bewertet am 30.5.2019
Anna A.
Owner / Consultant
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Podia allows my business to manage online learning courses and membership models easily and without a lot of integration hassle. Unexpectedly using Podia has improved our automation flows.

Vorteile: It's easy to use and to customize. Although Podia looks simple and is simple to use, it is packed full of functionality and has an unbeatable price especially for the space.

Nachteile: Some of the backend access needs are organized in a way that makes it a bit hard to figure where to look in the beginning but once you know where things generally are, it's easy to manage.

Exceptional service

Bewertet am 14.6.2018
Annette tonkin L.
Director and consultant
Bildungsmanagement

Kommentare: Courses, digital products and subscriptions all on the one site.
Ease of use is a time saver.
Support is exceptional

Vorteile: Ease of learning and use. Clean interface and easy to navigate. I can have my own URL that links to my current website. I love this option available on the smaller plan. The transfer was made by Podia of my courses in Thinkific to my podia platform by the podia staff which saved me so much time. I love being able to have all my digital products and courses in the one place. And subscriptions can be included when I have them up and running. I just love this platform and would recommend it to anyone both as an online course creator starting up or established.

Nachteile: They don't have quizzes yet but I've been told this is coming. The support is outstanding but if you live in Australia you have to wait until the next day or communicate during the night local WA time. I can't think of anything else.

Early days.

Bewertet am 4.10.2019
Email Marketing Copywriter
Marketing & Werbung, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It's early days. As soon as I get the income from the shop to leave I will. But I'll stick with it for now.

Vorteile: I like that getting up and selling is easy. I appreciate their integration with Stripe versus relying on a proprietary payment software (like Shopify) because I might not trust it as easily.

Nachteile: It feels very limited in some aspects. I don't love the limitations in building out pages and more than anything the ability not to access CSS is mindboggling.

Clarity, simplicity, easy to use

Bewertet am 14.12.2018
Eric G.
Instructeur en libération des émotions bloquantes grâce à la Voie Sensorielle
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Kommentare: It helps me spending less time of the technical aspect when publishing a product. I start to have more time to create instead of spending my time solving problem with funnels bugs agoin and again. It remind me my experience the day i decided to move from windows to Mac... Difficult decision but since then (in 2013)... it is just a dream to use all my Mac and Apple system. I have the same feeling now using podia.

Vorteile: The simplicity for doing action what ever it is in podia.
Almost no need of help, it is no intuitive that i have needed a little time to stop making simple things become complicate like before using podia.

Nachteile: Nothing for the moment.
The first days, i was asking question like “why can’t we do this or that with podia? It was things i was able to do before with the other but very complicate system...
But then, i realize that podia helps me simplify my job and that i work well without all the other options i had in the past.

Perfect for Infopreneurs

Bewertet am 5.9.2019
Sheila M.
Owner / Creator
E-Learning, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Kommentare: Since the late 90s, I've demoed or worked with at least 15 or 20 solutions for digital download and course delivery ... from Wordpress plugins to dedicated platforms. Podia is the only one that makes me smile!

Vorteile: This platform is definitely not the traditional LMS (Learning Management System) which targets the corporate and academic worlds. Instead, Podia has designed their platform for entrepreneurs and their customers. The interface is beautiful, and the attention to detail is exceptional. They've really thought through the course-delivery experience, and have come up with something special. As well, their customer support is stellar.

Nachteile: Initially, I found some of the settings confusing and counter-intuitive. And it was hard to find the Help docs. However, Podia is in the midst of redesigning their UI, so I look forward to seeing how they develop.

Loving Podia

Bewertet am 18.3.2019
Amanda O.
Meditation Teacher
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Kommentare: I am creating online courses for meditation. So far, I have LOVED the fact that I can offer digital downloads as well as courses, free products and everything is very mobile friendly - which is extremely important for the work that I do, as most people will be listening to meditations on their phones!

Vorteile: Probably the thing that I appreciate most from Podia is their customer support. I trial tested a few different platforms, and even though Podia doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the others, their unbelievably fast and friendly customer service was way ahead of the pack! It's really important to me that my students are able to get the help they need with the software or any issues that I can't handle on my end.
Podia is also just incredibly easy to use, you can get a course up and running in a matter of hours. I've really enjoyed creating on their platform.

Nachteile: So far, the only thing I dislike is the inability to categorize products. Having everything on your storefront in a big, long list isn't the most user-friendly way to show things.

Very good online course platform

Bewertet am 16.9.2019
Amrit S.
Entrepreneur
Gesundheit, Wellness & Fitness, Selbstständig

Kommentare: Very happy, the best online course platform.

Vorteile: Very easy to use, great customer support, beautiful product pages and store fronts, easy to navigate for customers

Nachteile: Would prefer if they had built in wistia video hosting

Perfect for Digital Creators

Bewertet am 19.11.2019
Andrew G.
Creator
E-Learning, Selbstständig

Vorteile: Podia is a one-stop shop for digital creators. I don't have to worry about setting up different tools to work together...I can manage everything I need from one place. It's great to have the video hosting, email campaigns, memberships, and digital storefront built in and accessible from one place.

Nachteile: Sometimes the user interface can be a bit tough to navigate, specifically in the area of Podia where you are customizing the design of your storefront.

Podia is the One-Stop Site for Creators!

Bewertet am 4.11.2019
Kevin K.

Vorteile: Where do I start? Podia is unlike any other site out there that's made for creators so creators can easily build a community and make money. Email marketing, online courses, digital downloads, even a blog, and website - you can do ALL of that easily on Podia. You keep what you make. AND the price is very affordable too. Great customer support with tons of tutorials.

Nachteile: It can be a little overwhelming at first but their support is amazing!

Billed again and again / refused to refund

Bewertet am 19.11.2019
Megan G.
Unternehmensberatung, 2-10 Mitarbeiter

Vorteile: Podia looked like a good potential solution for my business as a platform for the teaching and content work I’ve been doing with small businesses and social impact organizations in learning more quickly and to become more innovative as a matter of everyday practice.

Nachteile: After paying Podia for 2 years after a one-time sign-up, I got autobilled the $390 for a year when I have not used the software AT ALL for at least a year. It is customary with courteous customer service, *ESPECIALLY* for small business, to do a courtesy refund when the product has not been used. A $390 small mistake for your small business could cost you everything if you do business with Podia. NOT WORTH THE RISK.