Deutschland Lokales Produkt

Apache OpenOffice Erfahrungen

4,4 (494) Eine Bewertung schreiben Deutschland Lokales Produkt

Über Apache OpenOffice

Nicht verfügbar

It's a complete software that fully replaces the Microsoft Office pack... and for free!!! I like its interface, the fact that it's easy to use and the possibility to use shortcuts.

Customer service is a bit lacking but at the worst case Open Office can easily be reloaded. On occasion when sharing with other spreadsheets becomes a bit difficult.

Bewertungen zu Apache OpenOffice

3,9

Apache OpenOffice hat eine Gesamtbewertung von 4,4 von 5 Sternen basierend auf 494 Nutzerbewertungen auf Capterra.

Hast du Apache OpenOffice bereits verwendet?

Mark
Executive Director
Non-Profit-Organisation Management, Selbstständig

Needed Free Office Software for Nonprofit - OpenOffice was great for my needs for years

Untertitel auf Deutsch sind im Videoplayer verfügbar

Kunst & Handwerk, Selbstständig

Mittelmaß

Kommentare: Solides Produkt

Die einfachheit und Benutzerfreundlichkeit für schnelle Arbeiten

Zu wenig features wenn man es geschäftlich nutzen mag

JeanMarie
JeanMarie
Software Developer in USA
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, Selbstständig

OpenOffice is a professional and Free option for Office Suite Software

Kommentare: I first started using OpenOffice when working for a cash strapped non-for-profit. I recommended this as an alternative to the licensed software. I have never looked back. The only time I use licensed software (The big M) is when the organization I'm working for has purchased an enterprise license. I have used OpenOffice professionally for over 10 years!

OpenOffice is free and available to anyone. I can collaborate with someone that does not have access to licensed software or someone that does. This software can read, edit and store in their own file formats or the format of a very well known licensed software. I have used this software personally and in a work environment.

Every once in a while, some macros or PowerPoint features will not translate well. It has been a few years since I've encountered any translation issues, but some may still exist.

Benjamin
Head Brewer in USA
Essen & Trinken, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Open Office: an open source oasis in a desert of corporate cash grab products

The vast array of capabilities while being free! I've used OpenOffice for years for multiple jobs for multiple companies. Open Office is extremely easy to use, and as I get older, easier to use because MicroSoft Word keeps changing and OpenOffice's UI remains as a "classic interface." Its easy to have multiple computers in the office use OO because of no licensing, and to be able to open and save in legacy formats to extremely useful. I worked at an office that used Apple Numbers and it was dreadful, so I convinced everyone to us OO, and everyone agreed it was the better move, and all of our files were compatible which made the switch much easier.

Nothing. And I mean that, there are no downsides to OpenOffice. Maybe only that not enough people are aware of it, but without it being a profit motivated program, that makes sense.

Justin
Warehouse in USA
Automotive, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

Amazing Alternative to High Priced Options

4,0 letzte Woche Neu

Kommentare: I have been using OpenOffice for years. It is a great alternative to Microsoft's Office Suite.

OpenOffice is Free, Functional, and has tons of Extensions

The User Manual can be a little difficult to use at times.

Hochschulbildung, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Forget about using OpenOffice!

Kommentare: I've been really happy with it (some concerns with some specific version, but nothing that couldn't be resolved downgrading to the previous one.
The lack of support and the creation of LibreOffice made it a deprecated solution, unless you are already a user who doesn't feel confortable with changes (but you would feel much happier with LibreOffice from minute 1).

I have been a daily user of OpenOffice since its earliest versions. It has been THE alternative to Microsoft Suite for many years, and at no cost. Its vast number of developers around the world made it easy to find solutions to your problems in any language, and to install flawlessly a wide number of plugins. But the situation changed in 2010 when concerns arose around the management of the project. Actually Apache is the owner of the project, and also if it is still free, I wouldn't recommend to spend a second on it.

Its development has not been updated in the last years, if not for minor updates, and community support is falling down. Also if a strong community is still existing, it has majorly moved to LibreOffice project, a suite which is the choice if you are looking for an (inexpensive) alternative to Microsoft. Having to chose between OpenOffice and LibreOffice (both based on the original OpenOffice experience), there is very little to discuss: the second one is the only alternative you should consider.

Shaunak
Shaunak
Cloud & Infrastructure Engineer in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 10.000+ Mitarbeiter

Free and opensource software that gives you quality management

Kommentare: I strongly recommend this software just because it is freely available for use and extension. My company has been using this software since I joined them. I was new to any software like this. But the assimilation was excellent. From academics to my professional career, Apache OpenOffice is so easy to use that the actual understanding takes no time. No formal training was required by me.

I love the point that this whole suite of project management is available for free. This feature-loaded software can compete with any paid software. New startups do not have big requirements, for them, this is a good start. Instead of paying extra for other software, We can use all the apps like Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc. for free with it. I also marked that unlike other products it does not require much RAM space.

The design of this software is amazing and robust but the UI is very verbose and dull. Even with other skins, the UI is not much appealing. Users coming from Microsoft Office will face some problems with mouse gestures. Also, cloud-based editing is missing here.

Baumaterial, 11–50 Mitarbeiter

Excellent MS Office Alternative - Minus Some Bells and Whistles

Kommentare: OpenOffice is hands down my favorite office application suite. Yes, it isn't the prettiest or the most feature-rich, but it offers everything probably 95% of today's workforce would need, minus real-time editing collaboration.

OpenOffice is excellent for a free and open-source office application suite. It offers all the essential core functionality of MS Office for the low low price of absolutely free! When I was a student and began my career I was using OpenOffice exclusively. If offers excellent capabilities right out of the box and is available even on Linux (my preferred operating system).

The lack of an online collaboration feature really is the only reason I had to switch away from this with my company. It's a much-needed feature, especially at this time, with everyone working remotely.

Nibaruta
technician in Pakistan
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Alternative to Microsoft office

Kommentare: I have had OpenOffice freeze in mid of work and the only way to solve the issue was to restart the pc. you can as well go to save and have the entire application shutdown automatically.

Free and open-source, it can do some of the tasks that are done by other professional software in its category but I would recommend choosing another if you want reliability and better performance.

Mostly on certain systems, you will encounter bugs that can cause you to lose or interrupt your work. The open office has other issues that can as well affect those you work with. It could be adaptable to some and absolute a nightmare to others. If you are familiar with Microsoft office don't think you will be able to use open office easily matter of fact it can be a very big problem to switch.

Federico
Federico
CFO in Brasilien
Bankwesen, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

The best alternative to Microsoft Office

Kommentare: For normal operations and regular tasks, Open Office works perfectly. We are enjoying how much money we are saving.

OpenOffice is fully compatible with Excel, Word, Powerpoint and Access solutions. Since this is a free solution, we are saving years of subscription costs for each employee. We also liked that Open Office is a light program.

We found issues with using the design in the following documents; DOCx, XLSx and PPTx. In addition, some VBA codes cannot be executed for certain APIs. Performance have some problems when uploading or working with elaborated Excel documents.

Mary Jesamae
Mary Jesamae
High School Social Studies Teacher in Philippinen
Bildungsmanagement, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Review for Apache OpenOffice

Kommentare: Saved a lot since it is free and it can still do the same thing as MS Office. It will be hard to use it at the start but once you get used to the layout, it is just the same as using MS Office.

It is free to use and it is the best alternative for MS Office.

Even with saving the files in compatible formats there are still formatting issues when opening MS Office files to Apache OpenOffice and vise-versa like spacing and fonts.

Reece
Reece
Web Developer in UK
Computer-Software, Selbstständig

Best Office Software

Kommentare: Very reliable. Always works with any document from any office software. You will always be able to open a document from your colleague.

This is by far the best free office software. Being open source, it is built by passionate individuals who all want the same thing. No bloatware, no malware. Pure productivity goodness!

Sometimes feels a little unrefined compared to commercial options. The design is a little dated too.

Sharon
Writer in UK
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

If you can't afford MS Office...

Kommentare: I've used it on numerous occasions to rescue and reformat corrupted files (particularly in its Word version), earning major kudos from students and clients in full panic mode that the CV or project they've put their heart into has been lost forever. Not so! Open Office rescued it. It loads quickly, can save in many different formats (more than MS Office) and is more adaptable. The portable copy has proved a lifesaver when out and about. I can plug it into any Windows computer and get to work immediately.

Open Office reminds me of the old MS Office, with a similar layout and ease of use. It's not as big a resource hog as MS Office and for basic use it's excellent. Being free certainly doesn't hurt! While I do have MS Office as well, I write first drafts in Open Office and then copy it across. Seeing the subtly different layout allows me to see errors that I missed before and since Open Office can be got as a portable app, I can take it anywhere on a memory stick, plug it in and get going. It saves to MS Office formats as well as its own proprietary ones, and you can set it to default to MS Office format if you want. It can often open files MS Office struggles with, allowing you to rescue corrupted documents and put them back into a format MS Office can read, so even if you have the expensive software having this as a backup is worth it for when things go wrong.

Doesn't have all the bells and whistles of MS Office and sometimes you want to do something that in MS Office would be a breeze (like inserting page numbers) and in Open Office is a little more tricky, but there are tons of searchable help files and advice pages which means you can usually find a way.

Munema
Customer Trainer in Schweiz
Computer-Software, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

If you don't need all the bells and whistles, go for this

I remember coming across OpenOffice several years ago and thought I would give it a try as it seemed a valuable "agnostic" solution that worked on Mac, PC, and Linux machines alike and it was free to download, install and use. Generally, what I liked about OpenOffice was the fact that it provided most of the main features of the various Word, Excel, etc. True, the user interface may not have been as good as that of such tools but, overall, OpenOffice met its goals of letting users leverage the core features needed for writing, creating tables, etc. I would say that if you don't need advanced features but mainly the basics, OpenOffice could be the one "digital office tool" for you.

There are a few things I am not a fan of when it comes to OpenOffice. The firsts one is the fact that, unlike some of the other tools, it doesn't have a mobile app. This means that you will always be dependent on working from your computer, always. Next is the fact that it does come with a "ceiling" meaning that you might find yourself in need of something else at some point in the future because you may feel as if you have outgrown OpenOffice as a platform. Also, keep in mind that it has been discontinued so you may find versions still available for you to use but may be outdated.

Amit
Amit
Founder in Indien
Bildungsmanagement, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

Best Productivity Application and Alternate to Micrososoft

Kommentare: Apache OpenOffice is really helping me in my business. It is saving us from everyday licensing issues of microsoft. This software is really complete peace of mind.

I liked OpenOffice software because it fulfills all aspects of productivity applications. This is free of cost software provided by Apache foundation. Apache have provided software setup so that this software is easily getting installed on PC/Laptop. The software is compatible with microsoft office files and you can easily open/edit files microsoft files. OpenOffice is complete suite of office application which includes spreadsheet, word-processor, slides presentation applications and other important tools also. I liked its interoperability feature so that its files are easily supported across various platforms. I appreciate Apache Foundation for making such hassle free software which is giving benefits to masses.

I am using Microsoft Office applications since a long so i am habitual to save files in Microsoft format like .docx,doc, .xlsx,xls, .pptx.ptt etc but while i save files in open-office, it b defaullt takes .ods/.ots/.odp format which sometime creates confusion and i have to save them in microsoft format so that while sharing to others they can easily understand that.

Ross
Ross
Assistant lecturer, Graduate Assistant, PhD student in Neuseeland
Hochschulbildung, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

A decent alternative to Microsoft if required

Kommentare: I like it. I tend to use Office myself but that's mostly because it is what is provided. I use OpenOffice occasionally just to keep me up to date with it so I can help students that are using it but this has meant that, with familiarity, I've reached the point where if I were paying the bill myself, I would absolutely look into deploying OpenOffice in my workplace.

The thing I like most about this product is probably the price. It's free and works well. Outside of this though I really like the development that has gone into OpenOffice. When it started out it was hideous, limited and buggy. More importantly compatibility with Office programs (e.g. Word and Excel) was incredibly iffy and lagged behind each update. There was very little reason to use OpenOffice aside from the price. Nowadays it still doesn't look great (it's better though!) but it's such an improved experience in terms of the rest of those issues. For example Writer does everything most will want from Word and I actually prefer the way that it handles pasting images and formatting tables. There are now legitimate reasons to choose OpenOffice in terms of the programs on offer, and if opensource is appealing then I'd recommend it as the default work-suite.

OpenOffice suffers the same issues as most opensource software. It is written by people that have a very good understanding of coding and perhaps are not as good at UI or understanding how to ease relatively new users into an experience that differs to Word. OpenOffice generally works on the function over form approach and so the best that can be said of most of the offerings within is that they are "not hideous anymore" The UI is both stark in aesthetic and a little merciless for newcomers though; options are packed in and occasionally something requires a little more "under the hood" work to get going (e.g. getting the default list of recent documents to be longer can be a bit of a chore)

Julian
Manager in Deutschland
Computer-Hardware, 2–10 Mitarbeiter

You get what you pay for

Kommentare: Per the pros and cons, and having stayed faithfully with OO over time, I came to the conclusion last week that it is cheaper to buy an Office suite that works well than to struggle with this free offering that doesn't. I repeat that I appreciate enormously the effort of the volunteers who sincerely create a large body of working, quality code, and who support it through the forums, but my unfortunate conclusion after all that is - it isn't worth it. Just to mention I have the standard Office suite that I paid full price for, like everybody. OO was out of interest and curiosity to see if it is an alternative even up to to a certain level, but it isn't. I'm not sure how you convert frustration to $, but at some point, you're in negative. Bugs get you there immediately. Again, many thanks to the volunteers, but if you're going to spend more than an hour or two with OO, buy yourself the standard Office suite and save yourself a lot of time and frustration.

It's free. It covers a lot of the basic day-to-day. Kudos and thanks to the volunteers who created and support this software.

It has a number of usability issues. It has some downright bugs. The cost (free) is more than offset by the time and frustration figuring out, or working around, the issues. It's cheaper to buy a proper product (sorry team, you guys do a great job, but it actually ends up costing).

Rajesh
Administrator in Indien
Informationsdienst, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Review of Apache OpenOffice

Kommentare: This Apache Openoffice is one of the better offline office products available in all platforms.

This Apache Openoffice in one of good alternative of Microsoft Office when it coming works with text documents, presentations and spreadsheets in offline. this software cost is very low compare with microsoft product. this software works all platform not only windows.

there no any biggest cons in apache open office software.

Warren
Wizard in USA
Computer- & Netzwerksicherheit, Selbstständig

Best free office product on the market

Kommentare: I have been using Open Office since 2007 or so. At the time I owned and operated The Computer Wizard in Plano, Texas. We supported a client base of 5,000. The newest version of MS Office that came out had a HIDEOUS interface and I decided I was done paying $$$ every version change for something I hated. I tried Open Office and liked it immediately. It is a friendly interface and easy to use.

This is a rock solid office product with versions compatible on PC, Mac and Linux platforms. It is STABLE. After setup, you simply have to change 3 settings to make it fully MS Office compatible so that it creates .doc and .xls files instead of Open Office versions.

No graphics export in spreadsheet. I had to create screenshots to get graphs exported.

Rica Mae
Rica Mae
Documented-Information Officer in Philippinen
Bau, 201–500 Mitarbeiter

OpenOffice Review

I liked the fact that the product is an open source software and is very easy to setup and use. OpenOffice did a fine job handling every office tools that any company needs to have. It is free and always will be

The downside of the product same as other open source document tool is that sometimes content on OpenOffice is not really working with MS Office, you must modify the contents you made just for it to become the same

Valentina
Translator in Frankreich
Übersetzung und Lokalisierung, Selbstständig

Some bugs need improvements

Kommentare: I really like to use free softwares when they are available because I agree with the free movement point of view. I have used Apache OpenOffice everyday for several years and I was fully satisfied until a big bug made me loose important work files. I tried to find out a solution to fix it, but I could not find it, so I was forced to change this software for another one.

This software has been the perfect substitute of Microsoft Office pack for several years, but during the past year I had several problems due to some bugs that haven't been fixed. I tried to reinstall it several times, to contact their help service, but I could not find out a solution to my problem. That's why I had chosen to uninstall it and to use another similar software. It's a pity, because I really liked it.

Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 5.001–10.000 Mitarbeiter

Best Microsoft Office Word and PowerPoint, Open Source Alternative

Kommentare: The product is easy to use, economical and a great resource for a company short on immediate funds for a paid license(s) to similar software.

The price for OpenOffice is unbeatable at free. My first favorite component of this suite is OpenOffice Writer. It carries enough features to enable a user to write and maintain an immense document, such as a novel, easily. In order to make an OpenOffice Writer document compatible with Word, simply save the .odt file as .doc. OpenOffice Impress is my second favorite software in the bundle and can be used to create very nice presentations. It is also a bit easier for a tech newbie to work with vs PowerPoint.

OpenOffice Math has a con. Simply because it is not something I would need or use often. Saying this, if I did need to use it rarely, it is a bit time consuming to justify learning for a use greater than once or twice use every two - three years.

Sandeep
Quality Analyst in Indien
Informationstechnologie & -dienste, 501–1.000 Mitarbeiter

Free and reliable office suite with good set of features

Kommentare: OpenOffice is a very good application for small to medium companies. Although it lacks few features overall the experience is great. It works very well and smooth without any lags even on low end pc.

First of all, it is free. It is the best free office suite application that is available in the market. It has documents, slides, sheets compatibility. It runs smoothly even on low end PC. It consumes very less memory and ram making it more efficient and quicker to load. Online community is great and wide to get any support. Deploying the software is easy and user friendly. It great to run test script using its Calc app.

No browser support, we have to download application in order to use. Sometimes the format gets messed up when we open files that are edited on other office apps like Microsoft Office. It doesnt support few file formats like docs. UI looks outdated.

Ed
Ed
Writer in USA
Schreiben & Editieren, Selbstständig

Indispensable suite

Kommentare: I have used it for years for all word processing and spreadsheet needs, without dependence on purchasing Microsoft. It makes life a lot less complicated!

it's free, reliable, serves perfectly as word processor and spreadsheet (I've never really got into the database or other features) and I can save documents however people need them -- for one publisher, I simply send the OpenOffice document; others need Word so I write in OpenOffice, then save as Word no problem. Spreadsheet works perfectly so I use that a great deal as well. There's a privately created Android app that allows me to use OpenOffice docs on my phone, such as my password-protected list of passwords!

Same thing I like least about Microsoft Word -- you can't search and replace formatting characters (I have to actually go back to Microsoft Works 1995 to do this!) but otherwise no complaints.

Jose
Jose
Business Change Manager. IPMA PMP. in Panama
Computer-Software, 1.001–5.000 Mitarbeiter

Using Open Office to meet the administrative needs of the company.

Kommentare: I've been using Open Office for a long time, and it covers most needs in an office environment, as well as being easy to export to other universal formats used by most businesses. In this sense, there is a high degree of compatibility and usability.

Open Office has proven to be a great alternative, in open source systems, which avoids generating higher licensing expenses, since it guarantees an unrestricted implementation that satisfies multiple functionalities, in addition to the fact that it is constantly being updated by members of the community, which that guarantees support for bugs or updates in operating systems, and because it is multiplatform it has been adopted by many people worldwide.

The functionalities that open office has are excellent, and it is important to spend time specializing in this open-source platform that can be used in various operating systems. In addition to that, it has been extensively tested by the community, and the reported bugs are corrected in the following versions that are released on the market.